PDA

View Full Version : Wind power?

Sentenciador
July 24th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Hi,

Saw the solar power thread, didn't want to change the topic...

I too want a windmill. How do you go about that?

Thanks!

solraya
July 24th, 2005, 05:37 PM
Senti,

I will bribe Rey into driving earlier so we can get to the fabricator during open eyes time.

You are just a text away.

But where will you install it? wehhehe SLEX wind?

Juan Sabungero, you will be included too.

Galapong
July 24th, 2005, 05:40 PM
I must have seen hundreds of windmills both old and new, during my travels here in the BENELUX (Belgium,Netherlands, Luxemburg) area. I think this technology will very much benefit our country.

fuel = darn expensive
wind = free

ones doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to figure which is better.

WHEN I EXAMINE MYSELF AND MY METHOD OF THOUGHTS,I COME TO CONCLUSION THAT THE GIFTS OF FANTASY MEANT MORE TO ME THAN MY TALENT FOR ABSORBING POSITIVE KNOWLEDGE - AE

Sentenciador
July 24th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Thanks sol!

IMO,

There seems to be a lot of wind down here.

Not SLEX :) I want a "home use" one. Is that possible? Like a mini for 1 household?

Meralco is just exhorbitant! And they have such poor service. I wouldn't mind not being reliant on them anymore...like, forever!

Thanks!

Galapong,

Yeah, it's a no brainer... But of course, "the powers that be" don't like that, eh? ;)

Less for them... More benefits for us...

"They" hate it! ;)

S*&^%$#@!!! :)

But they run for elections to "help" us "daw." It's a comedy.

I want my windmill too!

juan sabungero
July 24th, 2005, 07:14 PM
senti
i'm researching wind power for years now.
here's a good reference.
can also turn this into business much
better than solar power

wind power for farm operations

http://www.otherpower.com/

Camarines
July 24th, 2005, 08:25 PM
www.mikeswindmillshop.com

wickedfroggie
July 24th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Windmills: One of the great idea, that Phils dont do. We have Hydro plant either, that Phils doesnt use. Both this method, are free and ozone free:D
kaya gusto ng gov. natin gumastos, kaya hala bera:D Solar Power, im trying to get a hold of this. So far a collected a few. Free electricity for my incubator hehehe.

roundhead
July 25th, 2005, 08:50 AM
wow i am glad that a lot of you guys are into alternative sources of power. this is very vital for the nation. go to www.ge.com they seemed to have cornered or researched a lot of different application.

now the only thing that is a real bummer for these dreams are capital, hard capital. i dont think the folks in meralco will be happy with this either.

i think the philippines government should really make the bataan nuclear power plant operational, if the power can be harnessed it can supply power from appari to sulu multi times over. i think the government should really hire foreign experts from Japan, China and the US to run and train local engineers. we owe it to ourselves, the philippines is still paying for this white useless elephant.

Sentenciador
July 26th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Looks good! :)

$500? That's cheap.

Any local distributor/service?

Cheers!

Manokiz
July 27th, 2005, 02:48 AM
http://www.windstuffnow.com

solraya
July 27th, 2005, 08:04 AM
In the solar thread, jocsena posted a site for solar and wind modules.

Interesting if you want the wind alternative power.

I will check out the big windmill fabricator because I also want the LOOK that the old huge windmills bring.

Camarines
July 27th, 2005, 08:09 AM
www.aerationwindmills.com

jocsena
July 27th, 2005, 09:40 AM
check this local www.solarelectric.com.ph annapolis ,greenhills look for bernard baltazar.

mam sol,
i ordered wing band last month kaya lang i left already for the state.will be back 1st week of August.tnx
regards
Joel

banderado84
July 27th, 2005, 10:36 AM
...Tukayo...nice link....thank you....maxB

james wolf
July 27th, 2005, 12:21 PM
roundhead, i 1st came to work in the philippines in the westinghouse nuc plant in morong, really not feasible now to start plant, the time was when it was complete 20 yrs ago, now to late! i'm afraid filipinos will keep paying for the white elephant (converting more costly than starting from scratch!), solar or windpower if the indivual can afford it is the way to go.
everyone thanks for the info jim

Saknong
July 27th, 2005, 01:29 PM
FYI, a 25MW Windpower plant is already operating in Bangui Bay, Ilocos Norte. This first of its kind in South East Asia. The operators are Northwind Power Development Corporation and Ilocos Norte Electric Cooperative.

I gather fuel (wind) is free, but it is a very capital intensive project.

stinger
July 30th, 2005, 01:11 AM
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/ilo/2005/07/29/article_140383_07-29-2005.jpg

is the site of these wind generated electricity..

solraya
August 22nd, 2005, 09:52 AM
Senti,

The one that is used for deepwells, and looks like the olden times windmills, cost about PHP120k