PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy from the following places?

jimene7985
April 9th, 2006, 03:21 AM
Guys. In order to see where most of you buy your stag, broodcock, trio etc. please vote!

jimene7985
April 9th, 2006, 03:30 AM
Apologies if I forgot to mention other places that you acquired your gamecock. Please state where and why?

Would you remain loyal to these farms or would you keep an eye on other farms too? With so many good breeder in almost all parts of the philippines there are quite a lot of places where you can obtain your gamecocks.

Bacolod have set a very good standard but other farms have established themselves to the same standard nowadays so the playing field is now even and the prices have now become very competitive.

tisoynj27@yahoo
April 9th, 2006, 03:53 AM
please bear in mind that the better the competition is, the better it will be for the consumers, as of now i think the competition is still where bacolod is. the better the competition goes, the better the quality of gamecocks we get for the amount of money we pay.

i would say the best market is still in bacolod.....
\
just my humble opinion....

i am always open to criticism and suggestions......

kogmohon
April 9th, 2006, 07:23 AM
yeah...bacolod anytime...when we say bacolod that includes the
whole province and iloilo...they are the leader of the pack...these
breeders had set their standards and maintained it for so long. but i won't be surprised if there are places that would run for their money and challenge these guys. the playing field has almost leveled and there are so many young breeders now that are very innovative and daring and smart. watch out for them boys...

jimene7985
April 9th, 2006, 07:56 AM
keep the post coming guys...the more input the better we understand this game.

sir_nico
April 9th, 2006, 08:43 AM
its...a..fundamental...to..learn....and..test..
our...warriors...not...only..the...place...where
the...cocks...was...born...but...still.....how..
you....handle...and...care...are..those...but..
to..test..in..the...pit...are..most...competative

cheersssssssss......to...everyone................. ...

mabuhay

nico

Eddie go
April 9th, 2006, 09:15 AM
I bought my first trio from William Webster and the second trio from Larry Keith of Texas. So far I'm very happy with the result from both trios. My bilas from San Miguel Bulacan has won 2 derby so far from their offspring. I fought one last Feb 2005 in La Loma and it takes only less than 20 seconds to win.

Probably I will get a pair of trio from William Webster around Jan. 2009 and 2 pair from Ray Alexander and I will go there personally to select my broodfowl to start my breeding in Tanay, Rizal. I will be retired by then.

ligas_paka2006
April 9th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Bacolod & Negros Island in general...these are the leaders in excellent gamebird farms...it's quality breeds speaks by itself... despite of having good & excellent birds aquired from these islands breeders it BOILS down on how to handle them...agree with sir nico below...:smoke:

sir_nico
April 9th, 2006, 09:26 AM
eddie go

bro....i...think...its..too...long...
2009...for...your..planning......
and...you...have...to.....wait...
another...years....test..your...
offspring...be...practical.........

ligas

i...agree...what..you....said....
but...it...defends...how..you...
handle...it...coz...now..a...days
they..are..loads..of...breeders
are...most...competative........

cheerssss

Eddie go
April 9th, 2006, 09:44 AM
sir_nico 2009 is just around the corner for me. As if we are just waiting for Christmas, now its April 8 and before you know it 2009 is here. I think like an american in many ways and this is one of it. Times fly and I arrived here in California 32 yrs ago. For me breeding is very important because of the pleasure that I get from it. I'm not in a hurry and I know that day will come and I can fulfill my dreams of having a breeding place of my own. But for sure I will breed Roundheads. Also the knowledge that I have learned from 4 years of research from different breeder and expert alike is more or less enough to have a good start inbreeding. Prices is the bottom line when selling your feathered warrior and being chinese I think I will be there every step of the way. Thats my own opinion only. Good luck to everyone who wants to be a breeder and do what you want to do as long as you enjoy it.

competitor
April 9th, 2006, 02:48 PM
in my own humble opinion,i think it doesnt really matters where i obtain them.,the most important thing to me is HOW I PREPARE THEM TO WIN. you have your own way and i have mine.and so as the others...

many have said this already.'in cockfighting thers no sure winner till the referree declares it".

so, to sum it all....there are a lot of good breeders with a good bloodlines in their yard....it all ends up to the BUYERS CHOICE.

good day to all of you....

jimene7985
April 9th, 2006, 04:06 PM
I surely agree with Mr. Competitor. It doesn't matter where you obatin your fowls so long as it came from a very reputable breeder or friend that you know.

Once you have got hold of good fowls then you prepare it properly for battle then you are halfway there. I have obtained a Nene Abello fowl which has won 1 time in hackfyt and 1 time in a local derby and also a draw, luckily enough this fowl is now being prepared again by my handler and will be entered into my next derby. I am quite satisfied with the variety of fowls that I have obtained from various places. This just tells you that quite a lot of places nowadays have got good quality fowl and they are located all over the philippines.

jimene7985
April 9th, 2006, 04:13 PM
eddie go,

I myself is looking forward to retirement, although I have at least another 36yrs left of work in me I am pretty sure this will come very quick! Time flies when you are involve in Sabong!!!

I am hoping to set up a small farm in bulacan soon and you are all welcome to view/buy fowls from me. I will only stock around 50-70 heads only.

Eddie go
April 9th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Jimene7985, read again what competitor is saying. She don't mentioned reputable breeder rather how he PREPARE IT TO WIN because I think he believe in luck because there is no sure winner in sabong. Luck is a small part of sabong. Do you think those who enter WSC in Araneta just rely on that, no. I'm not saying I'm right but breed and the breeder has a lot to do with it.

jimene7985, I don't think I will live for 36 more years and visit your farm, but thanks for the invitation anyways. You can do the same and desertfire you are always welcome, bro.

Thats is why breeder in Bacolod is very famous because they are the first group of HACIENDEROS who were able to buy good imported broodfowls here in the US. Now little by little the playing field is almost leveling because of the imported broodfowl available to regular people like us.

Competitor is right as long as you will not breed to sell, just for your own personal use. But if your intention is to sell, I think I will have a hard time doing it. jimene7985, I gave 2 trios to my BILAS, 3 yrs ago and their offspring are really good. He is in San Miguel, Bulacan.

sir_nico
April 9th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Eddie go

bro....good...luck....to...your...
breeding....ang...hoping...all
your...plan...be...good...and..
succesful....

regards
nico

jimene7985
April 10th, 2006, 05:26 AM
eddie go,

what breed are the fowls you gave to your bilas?

At the moment I have a helper, handler and a gaffer and each has to do a very important job in my backyard farm and when we attend the derby. So far they have done pretty well, with 2 entries so far in a local derby which scored 2 wins and a loss each. I have improved on many things this time around and I surely hope that it will be worth it next monday. Things that i have changed are my training facilities, type of feed and vitamins. Then again, you need a bit of luck too on the day.

wabion
April 10th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Luck with good preparations will turn into better opportunity..anonymous

jazz_rhym
April 10th, 2006, 05:21 PM
:cool:

michucu
April 10th, 2006, 05:58 PM
BACOLOD

:)

Fearless
April 10th, 2006, 07:11 PM
wabion and deanu

in my own opinion, luck doesn't play any role in sabong nowadays because of the continous development of new technology and the science that is being applied or practiced in this sport. "if LUCK does play a major role in sabong today", then you dont have to condition your cocks just wait for your lucky day.

sorry if im out of the topic, i just need to comment on the 'LUCK' thing!

just my opinion guys!

happy cocking!:)

Eddie go
April 10th, 2006, 08:46 PM
jimene7985, my broodcock is 1 gilliam roundhead from Larry Keith and the other is mclean hatch from William Webster. Pullets- 2 YLH and 1 democray and one albany. The result are good. This coming Sept. I will be in the Phil. for aa month vacation and I will try to fight some. Good luck to breeding bro.

Touchdown
April 11th, 2006, 01:18 AM
maybe it plays a minor role in sabong.World Slasher Cup participants don't rely on"Luck"as a major part of their program.It has been said many times that a"Well preapred,well conditioned, good family of breeding materials and healthy birds that are on point are closer to"luck".If you believe that"luck"plays a major role is sabong.Just grab a cock from the tie cords or flypens or scrathpen and fight them.Compete at these Prestigious Derbys relying on luck and what will be your W%?
and where to buy quality materials? i'd say from a reputable breeder(anywhere)who is honest with his clients....

just my opinion:hippie:

jimene7985
April 11th, 2006, 03:44 AM
According to this poll, Bacolod seems to have set the benchmark on places you are most likely to purchase your gamefowl but on the other hand other farms are catching up. Once I've set my farm in Bulacan hope you guys will try my fowls. I am a no- nonsense breeder and I promise to sell fowls that I will be using myself! The ones that don't make the grade will be culled. I believe in quality and not quantity. At the moment I am just in a process of selecting which of my winning fowls I will breed and I'm keeping an eye on a good broodhen to match it. Ideally, I would have it done by natural selection.

bolick
April 11th, 2006, 12:27 PM
BAUANG, LA UNION

ROY ADQUILEN HAS PROVEN BLOODLINE.

bolick
April 12th, 2006, 10:37 AM
CHRISGEOFF21,

GVE HIM A CALL

ROY 09278092402 TIL HIM SBI NI ANDY IN CALIFORNIA.

mazda
April 12th, 2006, 10:59 AM
SOCSKSARGEN..........:) EDL Farm, JRC Farm, SFT farm, ETC. dami n breeders d2....

budung
April 19th, 2006, 01:49 PM
From PBRJ & Uy bros.;)

asiot
April 21st, 2006, 06:34 AM
negros the best ;)

jazz_rhym
April 21st, 2006, 05:23 PM
:cool:

redlight
April 22nd, 2006, 09:01 AM
Reputation counts... that all I can say.

Yfis,
redlight

ironchef
August 15th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Negros! but i was
surprised Batangas was kinda overlooked!

bak_dat_ass_up
August 15th, 2006, 01:13 PM
bacolod is part of Negros Occidental, and for me when you say Negros/Bacolod etc... cock? It's from BACOLOD...
hehehe

Any cock that comes from Negros, I assume it's from BACOLOD!!!

Hotspring
August 16th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Yes Batangas is overlooked. Almost all bloodlines are in Batangas and Laguna. from sweaters to off-colored fowls you can get good one's in batangas and laguna. even good lemons are in those places.

tatodupaya
August 16th, 2006, 03:07 PM
I say buy from Bulacan from the very amiable Mr. Ben A. Rara. Mang Ben also has a farm in Bukidnon called BAR Farm. Quality and very affordable fowls (and goats too may I add). Try his McLanahans. Don't forget to "ask" for dressed Kabir he he.

Vernell V.
August 16th, 2006, 10:49 PM
:D

tatodupaya
September 6th, 2006, 11:06 AM
Vernell V. marvelous avatar. Where dya got it? :)

ROUND HEAD MAN
September 6th, 2006, 11:46 AM
never had to buy brood fowl it was always given to me.good fowl

tatodupaya
September 6th, 2006, 11:52 AM
Round Head,

Wow, you're lucky, man. Share your blessing naman :D

ROUND HEAD MAN
September 6th, 2006, 12:01 PM
my grand father used to live next to robbie white ,my father work for hack lauderdale (curtis blackwells old partner)aslo live next door to joe sandford.i will be going back to ok. with him in oct. to see bobby fairchild dink and rat also.i have been very fortunate to have very good people around me. me and hack will be fighting at sunset feb. march,april, may.:hat:

Kan Toh-Tan
September 8th, 2006, 01:59 AM
hi

how come there is no mention of Panay Island? Cavite? Batangas?

FORTBONIFACIO
September 8th, 2006, 02:12 AM
PATEROS...TAGUIG.....CARDONA...:)

Ari Ben Tan
September 22nd, 2006, 02:38 PM
Try Davao.. Aside from the fruits and durians..

Cheers!!

beakheel
September 22nd, 2006, 04:12 PM
my #1 choice is negros occidental, why, the price and quality are the most/highly competitive....but in some areas redmites are rampant

my #2 choice is davao, why, same reason but in this area prices are not so competitive....infestation of worms in fowls are rampant due to the area soil condition (so fertile).

corzijohn
November 6th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Laguna has also good year-round climate like in batangas. For practical reasons also, it is more accessible than the other places as mobility such as transportation requires as always...financial considerations. I do, however find that gamefowl acquired should be first acclimatized before they are transported to their final destinations. My personal view.

karibal
April 12th, 2007, 06:21 AM
still in Bacolod......

mylod
April 12th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Alabama, then Oklahoma, then Bacolod.

encargado
April 12th, 2007, 07:56 AM
bm bulalayaw good proven materials in any competition

georgearias
April 12th, 2007, 11:11 AM
For me bacolod, just my P2,500 each plus airfare, got from backyard breedeer.

grey man
April 12th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Very interesting thread. I have been reading everyones reply and alot of you guys are saying the right things here. However, let me share this one with you. 2 years ago i was invited to a local auction here where they aucition off horses,goats,sheep, chickens, etc..... Well at that auction i bought my 5 year old daughter at that time a nice rooster she fell in love with. Price tag a huge $3.00 (american $) It Looks like a Kelso/Rd Head/Claret/Radio and so on ...... Well believe it or not that rooster was bred to one of her Leiper hens and had 4 stags and 5 pullets (pullets were culled) well so far the stags have performed pretty well. This does go to show that it doesnt really matter where you get your chickens from. I tell this story to my friends and they dont believe me untill my daughter tells them. Good Luck in buying your fowl and the only thing i can recomend is just make sure they are healthy. The rest is up to you.

jovic_laraya1
April 13th, 2007, 11:40 AM
For me its still bacolod and iloilo that holds the benchmark.......although the rest of the field are fast catching up......my opinion only....mabuhay

kogmohon
April 13th, 2007, 02:32 PM
i agree...

skater93
April 13th, 2007, 02:35 PM
eddie go

bro....i...think...its..too...long...
2009...for...your..planning......
and...you...have...to.....wait...
another...years....test..your...
offspring...be...practical.........

ligas

i...agree...what..you....said....
but...it...defends...how..you...
handle...it...coz...now..a...days
they..are..loads..of...breeders
are...most...competative........

cheerssss

what do you do if you catch someone stealing one of your chickens????

zimefarm
April 13th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Well, Davao can assure of all what you need in terms of Broodfowls. You can trust specially the Uy brothers.

Regards.