PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin Hulsey

redbone
September 23rd, 2003, 08:14 AM
I saw this picture and think this bird is absolutely beautiful.

http://www.sabong.net.ph/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2905&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

Anyone know where I can pick one up or order some biddies? I'm in TN, USA. Please note that I'm not looking for a champion or maybe not even to fight. Ornimental only.

Thanks very much.
Ryan

Desert Dust
September 24th, 2003, 05:38 AM
Try Larry Carter he is breeding those line

DD

Troy
September 24th, 2003, 05:41 AM
Try N and M Gamefarm. You can find pictures like this in gamerooster.com Hope this helps.

Desert Dust
September 24th, 2003, 05:58 AM
Redbone are you refering to the gold or just a plain pumpkin hulsey line, if you are looking for that gold fowl, the one who breed those in the Philippines is Santi Siera of Super SS Game Farm(not really sure if that is right) they have website also try that mention above.

DD

redbone
September 24th, 2003, 08:28 AM
Desert Dust, I'm referring to whatever I'm seeing in that picture. That rooster is so bright all over. I think its awesome. Again, I'm not really looking to fight so a champion isn't necessary and I'm not looking to spend major $$$.

Do either of you have a website or contacts of the people you mention?

Thanks,
Ryan

Jarque
September 24th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Larry Carter
P.O. Box 262
Chualar, CA 93925
Tel #: 831-262-2887
Trios = $750.00

per Gamecock, Aug/Sept '03 issue...

reongmanchi63
September 24th, 2003, 11:25 AM
Pal,
Try to send a message to E.G. Walsh and ask him how and where you can get this line of fowl.

He is a very nice guy I am sure he will accomodate you.

dvaleros
September 24th, 2003, 11:38 AM
E-Mail DCR102@aol.com
They have Henry wortham Hulseys. They are the owners of Gin Pilem Game Farm in California

Dwight

MALDEN KGGMGF
October 5th, 2003, 02:28 AM
from any game fowl links , find Island Ronin Game Farm and Slasher Game Farm,both located in Hawaii. They have a web site.

Chris Balba
October 5th, 2003, 03:35 PM
:) Redbone

Why don't you try to contact the Cuban Game Farm through the Pitmaster, for sure they can help you to contact the owner of that farm. Cuban Game used to post their fowl in the Pitmaster. They are located in Florida USA. They called it Mahoganey, a straight comb yellow legged. I hope it will help you.

Regards,

Pajaro Oro

fmgomez
October 10th, 2003, 10:39 PM
If I am not mistaken, Larry Carter is in Oklahoma.

wilson
October 16th, 2003, 03:03 PM
I can get you a stag and a pullet but still your in the America and i am in the Philippines.

Anobaito
October 17th, 2003, 12:22 AM
try McWhite he has Pumpkin Hulsey, and lives in Loretto TN.:hombre:

randcofmaui
October 22nd, 2003, 04:45 PM
Hi Ryan,
You can order from Larry Carter from Arizona, USA. I'm not sure what is the asking price but you can find out from him.
Good Luck,
Romy

kenny
October 22nd, 2003, 06:01 PM
good friend of mine in virgina mick blansett southern cross farms has pumpkin hulseys pm me if you would like his contact info

edmcclaskey
December 22nd, 2005, 11:18 AM
Any history , breeding experiences with the pumpkin hulsey fowl?
from us. In pi you call them lemons?I have larry carter pumkin/lemon hulseys just wanted to know the history, good roosters.

Is it the same as the lemon fowl of pi?

D.H.Worhtem Pumpkin husey fowl
How do they do in pi in lk?
any experiences please edmcclaskey@yahoo.com

are they popular in pi?
how about Hawaii?

http://pitmaster.com/stanleygamefarm/

www.blackvelcro.com

ligas_paka2006
April 14th, 2006, 06:47 AM
SS Gamefarm of dumaguete they have one of the best gold pumpkins in PI...

hillsiderz
April 14th, 2006, 10:10 AM
go to pumpkinbird.com They have nice pumpkins...

pitgods
April 14th, 2006, 11:46 AM
They are popular in Hawaii!!!

edmcclaskey
April 22nd, 2006, 09:13 AM
fonzo and ed are both raising two familys of larry carter pumkin hulseys very nice will have young trios in sept 06

Chiken_nini
May 12th, 2006, 06:07 PM
Is this a good line to start with if you fight in LK?

slim2002
May 13th, 2006, 05:08 AM
the ones i have can win in l/k,i got mine direct from larry carter when he was in oklahoma right after he won the hiwaiian derby at texoma.

hillsiderz
May 13th, 2006, 02:29 PM
it's a pretty good line, but i wouldn't recommend starting with it. I would start with a good base blood like kelso or roundhead.

pitgods
May 13th, 2006, 02:46 PM
I agree with Hillsiderz, You're better off with sweater, roundhead, Kelso or Hatch for a good start.

FirstBlood
July 15th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Veteran Cockers:

What's the composition of Hulsey Pumpkin? Is it related to the Bingham Golds and Hulsey Lemon?

Thanx

windjammer2
July 19th, 2006, 11:25 AM
Hi. No they are not related to the Hulsey line that came by way of Duke Hulsey. The origin came from E.H. Hulsey and were known as Babbs or pumpkins. Don't know if they're related to Sam Binghams' Gold.

mikesmith
February 15th, 2008, 09:49 AM
i just gotta trio of them from a friend, what are beed to fight in........
the cock fights as a gaff cock would, what should i cross to for lk?
or would it be worth trying?
show some pics of hulseys.......thanks

grey/dom
February 15th, 2008, 09:52 AM
it is worth more than golds...we crossed it here..to a flying birds...to a ylh...or clarets or kelso...

BRAD_PWIT
February 15th, 2008, 10:12 AM
somebody in kentucky crosses them with regular greys....calls it his hulsey grey, long knife bird , i'd rather cross it with vertical birds.....something like claret or kelso

njyomo
February 15th, 2008, 11:18 AM
nice info cockmates

valinda
February 15th, 2008, 11:38 AM
where can i get some good pumpkin trio in the state.thanks

purebreed8
February 16th, 2008, 02:54 AM
where can i get some good pumpkin trio in the state.thanks

Try Larry Carter

mikesmith
February 17th, 2008, 09:15 AM
thanks, any pics of crosses?

njyomo
February 17th, 2008, 09:50 AM
i have some stags crossed with bruce barnett sweater. i will take pictures and post. This is the mother
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q72/kaizengamefarm/DSC00275.jpg

this is the father
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q72/kaizengamefarm/DSC00166.jpg

mikesmith
February 18th, 2008, 07:41 AM
nice, my hen is almost identical....... what they look like crossed?

Draven51501
February 18th, 2008, 07:49 AM
heard that they are too defensive.. that even if they get hit, they still try to evade instead of going after the opponent and hitting back..

purebreed8
February 19th, 2008, 04:55 PM
heard that they are too defensive.. that even if they get hit, they still try to evade instead of going after the opponent and hitting back..

I agree draven they are defense oriented roosters. In my opinion they are best crossed. Ive seen some good pumkin/mel blacks crossed or those golden greys of larry cater which i think are bates grey cross to a pumkin.

njyomo
February 19th, 2008, 08:17 PM
they look more like medium station sweaters

nice, my hen is almost identical....... what they look like crossed?

mikesmith
February 20th, 2008, 10:17 AM
My cock doesnt seem to be defensive when spariring at all, straight in and shake. although i havent fought this him my friend has won 3 times with this cock, and a small 6 cock gaff derby with his sons.

wht do they look like crossed over blacks..... or greys.

mikesmith
February 20th, 2008, 10:17 AM
My cock doesnt seem to be defensive when spariring at all, straight in and shake. although i havent fought this him my friend has won 3 times with this cock, and a small 6 cock gaff derby with his sons.

grey/dom
February 20th, 2008, 10:22 AM

crossed them with my black hatch..some stags are gold some are blacks

Hatch Black
May 10th, 2009, 04:07 PM
is this line going to be the next in thing other than the sweaters in the p.i.? im just curious because i have been seeing more and more pictures of pumpkins or golds. other than larry himself, anybody know of anyone else in the mainland that showed his pumpkin hulsey or golden grey roosters with success?

aprilredtick
May 15th, 2009, 03:28 AM
i have some they are good but you have to x them with someones elses line for botom know his gloden greys there good stright know need to x i got me another 2 lines of pumpkins to x with his pumkins so far so good stay away from a man pumkins in ga goes buy pawfish on gamerooster dunghills another man had some on game rooster they were asome but i dont rember his name .. i see them being the next great theng my mexacan frends when 6 sdtright with them x with grey at 8 months old and they showed a six months old kelso that also one .. then the when five stright with the same birds at 12 months 4 greys and the 10 month old kelso that i slod um .. i herd bill robers had some good ones but he cost more for young ones i can buy cocks and hens for larry.. i herd lary was selling way down he sead you can come pick from the person pens not one chickens on the farm is not for sale if the buy wants to pay he gets um ..

slipspur
August 28th, 2009, 02:36 AM
Thats a good question... it seems the Pumkin Hulsey beginnings are a mystery... I've never heard or read any history on them. I know that Ron Lutz believes they are nothing more than a A.P. O'Conner Yellow Birchen... pure speculation based mostly on color.

Mike Everett
August 28th, 2009, 02:47 AM
Thats a good question... it seems the Pumkin Hulsey beginnings are a mystery... I've never heard or read any history on them. I know that Ron Lutz believes they are nothing more than a A.P. O'Conner Yellow Birchen... pure speculation based mostly on color.
This is what I've always heard. The E.H. Hulseys were bred here in Texas. John Pipes was an old gamefowl man that lived near a dump. He bred the first Hulseys..said to be out of Claret/Barnett Wonder hens. The cock was a Holmes Avaitor Roundhead. Hulsey hired John to take care of his fowl and bring with him his crosses after they proved to be great cocks. Once at Hulseys they took his name, most were called Out and Out or the "Good Kind" Hulseys. Later to get some size in them they bred a Charlie Babb Pumpkin Blue into them. This is where the Pumpkins came from.

CALVIN2
August 28th, 2009, 02:51 AM
http://www.greenfirefarms.com/store/pumpkin-hulsey

http://www.sabong.net.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=26635

Any history , breeding experiences with the pumpkin hulsey fowl?
from us. In pi you call them lemons?I have larry carter pumkin/lemon hulseys just wanted to know the history, good roosters.

Is it the same as the lemon fowl of pi?

D.H.Worhtem Pumpkin husey fowl
How do they do in pi in lk?
any experiences please edmcclaskey@yahoo.com

are they popular in pi?
how about Hawaii?

http://pitmaster.com/stanleygamefarm/

www.blackvelcro.com (http://www.blackvelcro.com)

Mike Everett
August 28th, 2009, 03:04 AM
They didn't breed the Charlie Babb cock to give them strength, they already were a famious strain fought by Henry Wortham for Hulsey. They needed the size to make higher tournment weights as the "Good Kind" were smaller in size and great cocks.

redowl115
August 28th, 2009, 05:00 AM
i dont know if mr.Kogs still got those..I see those fowl at his farm during my visit and one of his friend acquired a pair of it.If Im not mistake..I just forgot the name....its a pretty fow wait only at 1.9 with a good stationed..l...

Mike Everett
August 28th, 2009, 05:14 AM
When I was growing up..The E.H. Hulseys were the lemonhackled mostly yellowlegged reds fought by Henry Wortham of Dallas. The Pumpkin colored ones were called "Babbs". The first gamecock cock I ever owned was a "Babb" cock. Now most people call the pumpkin ones E.H. Hulseys.

felito
August 28th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Hey Mike do you remember Mr. Smith or"Smitty" as he was known by many? They used to have a memorial every year at Texoma for him. I never met him , but did meet his son James who took his dad's nick name, and lived around Rock Wall east of Dallas. I remember seeing him fight some sensational lemon hacklel yellow leg cocks at Texoma. After talking with him later, he told me they were the Hulseys that he or his father had gotten many years ago. I got some of them, but ended up losing them after going my own seperate way from the first one (divorce or "The Big D"):) I regret never breeding them, but always wonder what could of been. Anyway enough of that. Can you tell us if these were the "real" ones?

Thanks

redzone
August 28th, 2009, 11:51 PM
...its so crazy when i jump over here on sabong...

...dukes aint hulseys...and lemons aint pumpkins...

...but yeah wotham's hulseys (eh hulseys) can be "lemon hackled"...

...redzone...

Mike Everett
August 29th, 2009, 01:30 AM
...its so crazy when i jump over here on sabong...

...dukes aint hulseys...and lemons aint pumpkins...

...but yeah wotham's hulseys (eh hulseys) can be "lemon hackled"...

...redzone...
I don't know what's making you crazy Redzone..this thread was about E.H. Hulsey fowl, no one mentioned the "Duke". The "Babb" cock was what put the pumpkin into the E.H. Hulsey fowl, they were light reds before that time. The Generals were a offshoot of the original Hulsey/Wortham fowl. They were also light lemon hackled reds. I'm sorry the original old post did ask about Lemons, but the rest is about the pumpkin fowl not Duke fowl.

galo519
August 29th, 2009, 03:16 AM
I remember Smitty, so him won a derby at Texoma . I was with my father the late Galo Meliton we had an entry with Jim McCormick of Arkansas but we did not do well in that derby and that was in the early eighties.

Mike Everett
August 29th, 2009, 03:37 AM
Hey Mike do you remember Mr. Smith or"Smitty" as he was known by many? They used to have a memorial every year at Texoma for him. I never met him , but did meet his son James who took his dad's nick name, and lived around Rock Wall east of Dallas. I remember seeing him fight some sensational lemon hacklel yellow leg cocks at Texoma. After talking with him later, he told me they were the Hulseys that he or his father had gotten many years ago. I got some of them, but ended up losing them after going my own seperate way from the first one (divorce or "The Big D"):) I regret never breeding them, but always wonder what could of been. Anyway enough of that. Can you tell us if these were the "real" ones?

Thanks
I remember Kenneth Smith, I don't know if this is the same. He fought under "Black Gold" and was known for his Radios.

galo519
August 29th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Your right about the Black Gold entry,he used to be financed those days by a Filipino doctor from Chicago named Dr. Umawas, on the same derby John Kozura's entry did very well as well.

redzone
August 29th, 2009, 11:33 AM
I don't know what's making you crazy Redzone..this thread was about E.H. Hulsey fowl, no one mentioned the "Duke". The "Babb" cock was what put the pumpkin into the E.H. Hulsey fowl, they were light reds before that time. The Generals were a offshoot of the original Hulsey/Wortham fowl. They were also light lemon hackled reds. I'm sorry the original old post did ask about Lemons, but the rest is about the pumpkin fowl not Duke fowl.

...sorry mike i didn't notice the date of the first post...or i wouldn't have posted the duke and lemons stuff...yeah only the first one from 2005 had the part that makes me pull my hair...lol...carry on friends....redzone...

fish590a
August 29th, 2009, 02:04 PM
...sorry mike i didn't notice the date of the first post...or i wouldn't have posted the duke and lemons stuff...yeah only the first one from 2005 had the part that makes me pull my hair...lol...carry on friends....redzone...

Hey Red I haven't have a chance to call you yet but I will one of these days, would you be available this weekend?

aurora gold
August 29th, 2009, 02:10 PM
http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv9/hatchpower/1stentryA.jpg
offspring of the duke hulsey pumpkin broodhen from hi ace gamefarm

chevy1991k2500
December 7th, 2009, 02:45 AM
hello i just bought one of my firends last pumpkin husleys hens what can i cross to have some thing for PI LK i do not know nothing about them i wanted to get on to experiment with

here is the bloodlines i got
Kentucky hatch
sweater grey
mansale grey
sweater
blueface X kentucky hatch
and kelso

any cross of any other bloodline i can get ahold of let me know because i can prob find them

slipspur
December 7th, 2009, 03:19 AM
I'd say ta breed her to which ever Grey cock you like the best... save a few pullets & breed back to the cock making 3/4 Grey & 1/4 Hulsey... I've always been told 1/4 Pumkin Hulsey is all you need to add break & cut.

Hatch Black
December 7th, 2009, 03:39 AM
Have To Agree With You There Slip. Friend Of Mine Got Some 3/4 Coon - 1/4 Pumpkin Hulseys And They Are Something Else. Breaks High With Lots Of Bottom. Bad Intentions.

chevy1991k2500
December 7th, 2009, 04:42 AM
.........................thanks for the info yall.................................

shuffler01
December 7th, 2009, 12:53 PM
First of all why would you buy something you know nothing about?

outlaw
December 7th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Cross em with the mel blacks ("The old STUFF"). Catch em in tha air run em ova on da ground:)

chevy1991k2500
December 7th, 2009, 06:35 PM
First of all why would you buy something you know nothing about?

my buddy had really good luck with them and she was cheap lol i could not pass her up

5SAINTS
December 8th, 2009, 02:38 AM
hello i just bought one of my firends last pumpkin husleys hens what can i cross to have some thing for PI LK i do not know nothing about them i wanted to get on to experiment with

Kentucky hatch
sweater grey
mansale grey
sweater
and kelso

any cross of any other bloodline i can get ahold of let me know because i can prob find them

If your friend had them for a long time ask your friend what would cross he would do....He would tell you its style and go from there...

chevy1991k2500
December 8th, 2009, 05:31 AM
yea he only had pumpkins and red quill i dont really care for red quill i like pumpkins ahold lot more

rcavan
December 8th, 2009, 02:16 PM
roundheads work best for me.. but normally any hatch type wont hurt either.

Bty Hunter
December 8th, 2009, 02:23 PM

Kentucky hatch
sweater grey
mansale grey
sweater
and kelso

I'd say go with the Sweater or Kelso if want to use them for the LK , that will not diminish their speed and lift, the pumpkin will add the "caution" that is an advantage in LK.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu193/enp_farm/PC071373.jpg

aurora gold
December 8th, 2009, 02:47 PM
we bred warparty hatch to duke hulsey pumpkin
and the offpsrings are power cutting shuffling type that win
now i try breeding jv laurenio cock to duke hulsey pumpkin

cnucum
December 8th, 2009, 04:52 PM
we bred warparty hatch to duke hulsey pumpkin
and the offpsrings are power cutting shuffling type that win
now i try breeding jv laurenio cock to duke hulsey pumpkin

bro are the pumpkin hulsey from duke or EH? coz I read some post, they say EH hulsey pumkin, which is which? thanks...

aurora gold
December 8th, 2009, 04:55 PM
bro are the pumpkin hulsey from duke or EH? coz I read some post, they say EH hulsey pumkin, which is which? thanks...

bro chris,musta na
my duke hulsey pumpkin is from domi corpus
of hi ace gamefarm,cavite

i`ll look for some old pictures
of domi`s imported duke hulsey pumpkin
i don`t know where he got them from u.s.
they hit hard and cut good

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv9/hatchpower/leipergoldDSC00977.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ7XmGL7Mds
warparty hatch x duke hulsey pumpkin picture and spar (with blue gloves)

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv9/hatchpower/A-24-11-07-0814.jpg
his duke hulsey pumpkin mother on the left side
the other lighter color is larry carter gold
both hens direct from domi corpus

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv9/hatchpower/gold-domi.jpg
here is the old picture of domi`s duke hulsey pumpkin broodcock

cnucum
December 8th, 2009, 04:59 PM
bro chris,musta na

thanks bro... I will wait for them photos...

I really like those pumpkins, especially the ones I've seen from sir Wildfoot, they are really something...

Hope to one day have some... :)

aurora gold
December 8th, 2009, 05:21 PM
I really like those pumpkins, especially the ones I've seen from sir Wildfoot

ABOUT GOLDS:

Bai Reggie,
Update ku lang sa Golds. I fought 6 Inbred Pure ones in the Stag derby and got 5w-1d. Ive been maintaining the Golds for the past years for my family so I tested the Inbreds specifically for gameness and cutting ability.
The ones you saw in the farm when you visited.

About the bloodline of our Golds, they are not or did not come from Roy "string King" Bingham. I knew he had good Gold hulseys just like the beautiful birds that our friend (one of my idol) Joey showed.

But our Golds come from a different Strain. They came from "Sam Bingham" from Texas years, YEARS ago. Sam Bingham made a strain of Red Birds everyone in my area before called "binghams". These were the CUTTINGEST birds EVER. No ifs and buts about it. Each time they lift there legs they would hurt the other chicken. Sam is one of the best breeders ever and he's been dead Many, many yrs ago, I reckon. Those Red family were Claret looking and thats were the Golds started. One of the Binghams came Pumpkin looking and the rest is history. Now what was the Bingham Red? Some say Murphy blood as he was a friend of Murphy. Alot of versions but I really dont know exactly.

All I know is before we had this blood we had fought and lost against them sooo many times so we decided to buy the pens that were whipping us. LOL

Many people ask me why I dont sell any of the Gold now.

I've only let go of them to maybe 10 people. never sold again When My father new I let this blood out. Na Galit sa akin L0L. It's not because its better than the other blood we have, them Golds. I believe our other blood is just as good or better. Its just that there's history behind them and he would rather cherish them. That's about it. I fight 90% roundhead crosses now with the best results ive had ever. But once in awhile I sneak in them Golds to fight the big fights. Used 1 in the 7-stag.
Hopefully this answers questions regarding some history about them.
Salamat sa tanan,
Victor

Victor,
That's interesting, as I suspected our blood were not the same. Looking at the pics of the SS golds they are more finer than what I have. Sam had those Bingham Reds and I remember Ray Alexander telling me once that they were Clarets x Whitehackles. If you are in Araneta this January we can talk about them.
Wildfoot

cnucum
December 8th, 2009, 05:41 PM
thanks for the photo and info bro... them hens of your look stunning... :)

one day... I will get some, not now, got too many to breed already... but I always keep them in my plans for the future... :D

chevy1991k2500
December 8th, 2009, 07:06 PM
bro chris,musta na

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv9/hatchpower/leipergoldDSC00977.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ7XmGL7Mds
warparty hatch x duke hulsey pumpkin picture and spar (with blue gloves)

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv9/hatchpower/A-24-11-07-0814.jpg
his duke hulsey pumpkin mother on the left side
the other lighter color is larry carter gold
both hens direct from domi corpus

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv9/hatchpower/gold-domi.jpg
here is the old picture of domi`s duke hulsey pumpkin broodcock

is the hatch pumpkin is it heavy on the hatch side or what or if you breed them to hatch do they throw both color

Mike Everett
December 8th, 2009, 09:14 PM
ABOUT GOLDS:
Aurora,
Sam's name was Bigham, not Bingham. Both of these gentleman were from Texas. Sam was the more famious fighter and breeder. String King Bingham wrote and sold supplies and fowl. The Bigham's were Madigin Claret( He fed for Madigin at one time) and Butcher. There might have been some Roundhead in some of them, but mainly Claret and Butcher.

aurora gold
December 8th, 2009, 09:35 PM
is the hatch pumpkin is it heavy on the hatch side or what or if you breed them to hatch do they throw both color

my duke hulsey pumpkin broodhen don`t throw gold color stags.
stags are just lemon hackled....light and dark version...depends also on the color of the red broodcock to be used
hulseys cut good

mike,thanks for the added infos.

kogmohon
December 9th, 2009, 12:04 AM

chris...there are e.h. hulsey pumkin...and juke husley...

SheltonRH
December 9th, 2009, 12:18 AM

Bai,this is the closest I ever read here....

Paskanghubaga gyud!!! sa akong tanaw,

SHELTONRH

cnucum
December 10th, 2009, 01:37 PM

sir lee, you mean everything is just a juke?! :D

YeY197
December 15th, 2009, 02:33 PM
I dont think Duke husley pumpkins exist what is everyone talking about???? I might be wrong but I doubt it...EH worthman I belive are the pumpkin husleys you guy are talking about but no relation to duke..

YeY197
December 15th, 2009, 02:46 PM
I dont think Duke husley pumpkins exist what is everyone talking about???? I might be wrong but I doubt it...EH worthman I belive are the pumpkin husleys you guy are talking about but no relation to duke..
I meant EH husley and henry worthman..

CALVIN2
December 15th, 2009, 09:59 PM
HA HA HAAAAAAA LMAO ,funny man Chris

CALVIN2
December 15th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Beautiful rooster!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say go with the Sweater or Kelso if want to use them for the LK , that will not diminish their speed and lift, the pumpkin will add the "caution" that is an advantage in LK.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu193/enp_farm/PC071373.jpg

kogmohon
December 16th, 2009, 02:44 AM

hahaha...duke hulsey did not raise any pumkins...juke husley whoever he is might have...and it's not pumpkins...pumkins...

YeY197
December 16th, 2009, 02:50 AM
hahaha...duke hulsey did not raise any pumkins...juke husley whoever he is might have...and it's not pumpkins...pumkins...
Its PUMPKINs as in the color of a PUMPKIN orange... PUMPKIN HUSLEY or E.H. PUMPKIN HUSLEY GAMEFOWL....lol...I want some of those juke husley pumkins in my yard.

YeY197
December 16th, 2009, 02:55 AM

Kentucky hatch
sweater grey
mansale grey
sweater
and kelso

I like the Kelso idea best all though I would be tempted to see if some of that KY Hatch would mesh well..I have trio of these but I plan on breeding them straight this year then mess around with them next year..I got them late this year from difrent parts of the country..

chevy1991k2500
December 16th, 2009, 05:24 AM
i want to see what they do crossed because kentucky hatch is a smart bird

cnucum
December 16th, 2009, 10:02 AM

as I said sir lee... "juke" pumpkins... :D

aurora gold
December 16th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Juke Box Hulsey Pumpkin
Or Joke Joke Hulsey Pumpkin.....hahaha
As Long As They Know How To Use The Longknife And Win;)
WORST IS IF THEY CAN NOT CUT AND WIN....THAT`S BAD..HEHE
my cook is always ready to cut all their heads......whewwwwww

http://hatchpower.multiply.com/photos/hi-res/162/6?xurl=http%3A%2F%2Fhatchpower.multiply.com%2Fphot os%2Falbum%2F162%2FKOOLNDGANG_GOLD%23photo%3D6
my pumpkin pen
blackwater possum sweater broodcock over wildfoot bingham gold / super ss bingham gold broodhen

kogmohon
December 16th, 2009, 08:32 PM
as I said sir lee... "juke" pumpkins... :D

e.h. hulsey cannot even spell his own name...that's why he used initials...and that's the reason why they were originally named pumkin hulsey's because thats how he spelled it...lol

Heavy03
August 20th, 2010, 10:25 PM
I need to find out what will cross well with a pumpkin hulsey, will it be a hatch or kelso , or some other type of breed. Please help me

Mike Everett
August 20th, 2010, 10:58 PM
I need to find out what will cross well with a pumpkin hulsey, will it be a hatch or kelso , or some other type of breed. Please help me

Believe it or not good greys have worked.....

Nico31
August 20th, 2010, 11:10 PM
JJ kelso I suggest >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

trigger
August 20th, 2010, 11:11 PM
a friend in old mexico has had good success crossed over brunner roundheads.

ubb6793
August 20th, 2010, 11:12 PM
Try JJ Kelso. It worked well for Bernie Tacoy.

http://www.ormocgold.com/

Heavy03
August 20th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Thanks everybody im new to sabong and i hope to make sum good friends

Killerbeezz
August 20th, 2010, 11:41 PM
I need to find out what will cross well with a pumpkin hulsey, will it be a hatch or kelso , or some other type of breed. Please help meMy friend try to cross them to a good sweater or kelso line, and you should have a very good rooster..

gowanstarr
August 21st, 2010, 12:25 AM
I put a YLH cock over a hulsey pullet and get what I am looking for. A couple pics of 5 month old stags
http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww338/gowanstarr/hulseys006.jpg
http://i733.photobucket.com/albums/ww338/gowanstarr/hulseys004.jpg

valerosgamefarm
August 21st, 2010, 01:44 AM
Ive seen it done with great results with Lacey Roundhead blood....

Laguan
August 21st, 2010, 01:56 AM
Believe it or not good greys have worked.....

Mike, I am glad you said it. We discovered it by accident. We are very happy with the result. Here is one for the offpring of the cross.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss281/laguan_2009/lag53.jpg

Heavy03
August 21st, 2010, 01:57 AM
Those are sum nice looking stags gowanstarr

Heavy03
August 21st, 2010, 02:02 AM
What kind of grey did you cross it with laguna

kawika
August 21st, 2010, 02:04 AM
ill tell you right now that i have seen every cross of pumpkin and the best results you will get is to cross it with a genuine black mcrae hen.....trust me on this....i make this line and the people who buy them win big money dirbies here in hawaii with them....also breeding pumkin to a roundhead is deadly....i have done boston round head and dan gray roundhead into the pumkin and got awesome results....

Heavy03
August 21st, 2010, 02:10 AM
Thanks kawika do you have any pics of this cross ive heard sum really nice things about mcrae blacks

Laguan
August 21st, 2010, 02:15 AM
What kind of grey did you cross it with laguna

heavy03, HB regular grey

CALVIN2
August 21st, 2010, 02:25 AM
gowanstarr (http://sabong.net.ph/forum/member.php?u=61551) wow beautiful hulsey stag !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gowanstarr
August 21st, 2010, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the comments fellas!

elben21
August 21st, 2010, 02:33 AM
Try crossing it with BW YLH.

mojave heat
August 21st, 2010, 02:46 AM
Lynwood Kelso and Sanford sweater...

Heavy03
August 21st, 2010, 03:00 AM
Thanks everyone for ur input

Hatch Black
August 21st, 2010, 12:27 PM
my friend breeds them pumpkins to his coons and they come out animals.

waklaboo
August 21st, 2010, 12:56 PM
I used to get some 3/4 Gavilan Hatch x 1/4 E.H. Hulsey from Ricky Lynn Smith of Milsap TX in the mid 80's. Couldn't tell the Hulsey side as they all came looking like hatch fowl.... from lemon hackle to dark red gl's. Came both pc & sc. Decent break height for lk.

kawika
January 3rd, 2011, 05:04 AM
BLACK/ PUMPKIN
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m613/TIGERCLAWGAMEFARM/DSC00827.jpg
BLACK / GOLDEN
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m613/TIGERCLAWGAMEFARM/DSC00773.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m613/TIGERCLAWGAMEFARM/DSC00828.jpg
GOLDEN GREYS
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m613/TIGERCLAWGAMEFARM/DSC00766.jpg

acidburn
January 3rd, 2011, 09:08 AM
My roundhead they blended well with the pumpkin:

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa434/Dhenmitch_Bulusan/PC260025.jpg

Heavy03
January 19th, 2011, 05:13 AM
ANY MORE INFO ................................................

irishcutt
January 19th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Why not show them pure first and then decide what you need to help them. You may not need anything for them to be good. Too many people get fowl and the first thing they do is run around and want to know what to cross them with. Not realizing that they may have just what they need in the first place. But let me tell ya, if it was me, Id go for some darn good whitehackle blood to put over the Hulsey's. It is a good cutting, smart cock with plenty of power for the shock in the LK..

Heavy03
January 19th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Thanks cutt their already good pure i just wanted to do some testing and to see if anyone has tired something different already that they liked . Whitehackle sounds good thanks for the info.......

greyhatch
January 19th, 2011, 09:08 AM
which would be better to cross a pumpkin hulsey hatch hen with
hatch sweater
hatch grey
doc robinson hatch
pure grey
pure lacy roundhead

garma
January 19th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Over the years I've crossed my pumpkin hulseys with a few other bloodlines. The best results came
when crossed with oakgrove green leg hatch and bates grey.

BATTLE TESTED
January 19th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Why not show them pure first and then decide what you need to help them. You may not need anything for them to be good. Too many people get fowl and the first thing they do is run around and want to know what to cross them with. Not realizing that they may have just what they need in the first place. But let me tell ya, if it was me, Id go for some darn good whitehackle blood to put over the Hulsey's. It is a good cutting, smart cock with plenty of power for the shock in the LK..
I agree! It's a smart suggestion to try it pure first then decide later.

HOLY GHOST
January 19th, 2011, 05:25 PM
What do i cross a pumpkin hulsey with???

lemon grass + papaya + malunggay is good meal for your yardboys. :p

UNDERGROUNDPERF
January 19th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Here in P.I. We have done real well with YL JJ Kelso, Bulik DOM, Grey ,Lemon with Both Duke Hulsey Golden and EH Hulsey Pumpkin and mix of both of those also..

sweaterhackle
January 19th, 2011, 07:40 PM

wow,thanks irishcutt,this is the line i am working this season( pumpkin hulsey x KWH).my chicks are healthy and big.

my hulsey pumpkin is SC,yellow leg,breaks high with a lot of wallop,quick ground follow up,good cutter,Kearny WH will add more cutting and power,gameness.

hitmonkey!!!
January 19th, 2011, 07:47 PM
i have some 1/2 pumpkin 1/2 lacey cocks that are multiple show winners i do not have the brood stock i had a friend that knew i was looking for a show of ace cocks and he told me that he knew of these cocks so i went and looked at them and bouhgt them i gave one that had won several fights to a close friend of mine and he is breeding him to grey hens may have been one of those strange crosses but they were tremendous cocks

sweaterhackle
January 19th, 2011, 09:29 PM
sir,there is already a thread similar to yours.look for the thread "WHAT DO I CROSS A HULSEY PUMPKIN WITH?"

sweaterhackle
January 19th, 2011, 09:44 PM
I just saw a fight on tv"tukaan" bet gold and spangled whitehackle,the gold won the fight

kawika
January 20th, 2011, 12:47 AM
BLACK /PUMPKIN AND BLACK/ GOLD
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m613/TIGERCLAWGAMEFARM/DSC00852.jpg
GOLD / ROUNDHEAD
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m613/TIGERCLAWGAMEFARM/DSC00870.jpg
BOSTON RH/ PUMPKIN
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m613/TIGERCLAWGAMEFARM/DSC00887.jpg

sweaterhackle
January 20th, 2011, 01:44 AM
BLACK /PUMPKIN AND BLACK/ GOLD
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m613/TIGERCLAWGAMEFARM/DSC00852.jpg
GOLD / ROUNDHEAD
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m613/TIGERCLAWGAMEFARM/DSC00870.jpg
BOSTON RH/ PUMPKIN
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m613/TIGERCLAWGAMEFARM/DSC00887.jpg

i like the blackgold.

Heavy03
January 20th, 2011, 05:34 AM
Moving this one up up up up....................

slipspur
January 20th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Over the years I've crossed my pumpkin hulseys with a few other bloodlines. The best results came
when crossed with oakgrove green leg hatch and bates grey.

Sounds like you are saying that dark legged fowl works best with the Hulseys... I will keep that in mind ;)

Heavy03
January 20th, 2011, 06:05 AM
I think kelso or grey would nick pretty darn good...................

garma
January 20th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Sounds like you are saying that dark legged fowl works best with the Hulseys... I will keep that in mind ;)

Slip, those two crosses won us a few derbies. I have a good feeling they would be awesome with your greys and mcleans.

greyhatch
January 20th, 2011, 06:26 AM
chef11 my doc robinson hatch is a pea combed
and my hulsey is half pumpkin and half hatch
so the offspring would be 3/4 hatch 1/4 pumpkin hulsey

slipspur
January 20th, 2011, 06:39 AM
Slip, those two crosses won us a few derbies. I have a good feeling they would be awesome with your greys and mcleans.

Rico... I've sent all the Hulseys on to the Philippines, my buddy is going to breed them so I will have plenty when I get there... he says his Indonesian customers are trying like hell to buy em lol! I asked him to only use the Hulsey hens for making pure ones, but he could breed the cocks to what ever he wanted to until I get there. Here is one of the cocks...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=156297024415509&set=a.154885987889946.29600.146186742093204

Heavy03
January 21st, 2011, 01:05 AM
Moving this one up up up up.................

jaime84
January 21st, 2011, 03:06 AM
pure i dont like how they cross jmo

Heavy03
January 21st, 2011, 03:31 AM
I like 'em pure too but i think like anything there's always room for improvement........

mojave heat
January 21st, 2011, 03:41 AM
Pumpkin x sweater stag 1 x winner

garma
January 21st, 2011, 08:07 AM
We show a lot of the straight pumpkins also and they do very well. But if you can find a strain that nicks perfect with your pumpkins, they become even better show birds. The trick is to find that strain. For me, it was oak grove green leg hatch and bates greys.

Heavy03
January 22nd, 2011, 12:37 AM
Thanks garma you have some awesome looking pumpkins keep 'em game....

KentuckyCocker
March 20th, 2011, 11:17 PM
I have been looking for some good Hulseys. I was wondering if any of you guys knew anybody trustworthy to order from.

kawika
March 20th, 2011, 11:36 PM
TIGERCLAW GAMEFARM ..........

surfer808
March 21st, 2011, 01:15 AM
look for a fella by da name of garma hes had is for well over 20 some odd yrs. hes got dem gooduns

KentuckyCocker
March 21st, 2011, 04:45 AM
look for a fella by da name of garma hes had is for well over 20 some odd yrs. hes got dem gooduns
Where is he located? Can you pm his number?

dbo510
March 21st, 2011, 06:45 AM
what ever happened to larry carter?
anyone heard from him lately?

surfer808
March 21st, 2011, 07:46 AM
Where is he located? Can you pm his number?

he goes by da name garma on this board pm him and im sure he will get back to u.
allen

KentuckyCocker
March 21st, 2011, 09:09 AM
he goes by da name garma on this board pm him and im sure he will get back to u.
allen
Thanks Allen. I will send him a message.

KentuckyCocker
March 21st, 2011, 09:18 AM
Has anybody had any luck with Larry Carter's Hulseys?

3MG
March 22nd, 2011, 09:17 AM
one of our pumpkin hulsey stag.

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx338/xx3mgxx/PH1.jpg

oscarcalifornia
April 16th, 2011, 01:41 AM
can anybody post pictures of Garma golds?
does he have any website?
how much for a pure trio?
thanks.
Oscar

Rowdytown
April 16th, 2011, 03:15 PM
All i can say is Larry Carter. Close friend of mine has these. Them babies break 6 foot high!! I 2nd the Larry Carter!!!

gallero530
April 23rd, 2011, 01:05 PM
What can you guys tell me about these birds? please are they game? i need to know what you guys think about them! thanks
Gallero530

astecksouls
April 23rd, 2011, 01:46 PM
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab19/astecksouls/IMG_20110420_151918.jpgthey are very game mine is a buttermilk and thr hens are golden color

tzvi
April 23rd, 2011, 04:11 PM
Hi Gallero 530,

Try 'Wildfoot' on this site, he knows more about strains etc than any other bloke I have met in the last 50 years. He did have some good Pumpkins and his Red Quill throw the colour also.

If you wanted to breed them I would suggest them over a Hatch/Claret first cross but only top stock. Good Pumpkins can shuffle, just like a warhorse. No shuffle, not real. Also Warhorse are not black, there was a strain called Black Devils or something with roundhead but they are not warhorse. As for the Pumpkin Hulseys. I understand they were Holmes Aviator Roundhead over Claret/Barnett Wonder hens. Thus making them 1/2 roundhead 1/4 Claret and 1/4 Barnett Wonder.They got the Pumpkin colour through Sam Bigham's Texas fowl.

Anyway, contact Wildfoot as this line is not my specialty.

Good luck,
Tzvi

Goldenbirchens
June 22nd, 2011, 10:03 PM
Starting a thread for Hulseys. The best I have seen are the Garma Hulseys. He posted some earlier. Maybe we can get him to put some here.

I saw his birds at Slips place. Maybe Slip can put his pics here also.

What say You??

CALVIN2
June 22nd, 2011, 11:21 PM
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp258/j-nantz_2008/CARTERHULSEY1.jpg
Carter Hulsey cross ,this little guy thinks he is the cock of the walk .

Goldenbirchens
June 23rd, 2011, 02:34 AM
He is looking real good Jack.

Laguan
June 23rd, 2011, 07:45 AM
the few whites that came out when parents are both e.h.hulseys

cool_hand_luke
June 23rd, 2011, 08:42 AM
I'm lovin' the rooster in your avatar goldenbirchens, do you have any more pics of him? Also could someone post a few Pumkin hens?

Goldenbirchens
June 23rd, 2011, 11:37 AM
Luke,

I started this thread, for Hulseys, because there were so many posts about Hulseys on my Birchen Thread. My avatar is a Yellow Birchen. You can see them here.

http://thefallcreekranch.com/gamefowl/farris_birchen.html

Hens and cocks both.

thanks

POLK GAMEFARM
June 23rd, 2011, 12:49 PM
HERES AN OLD PIC OF MINE. THESE WERE SOME OF THE BEST HULSEYS
http://www.steelgame.net/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/1638/ppuser/594/sl/p

kawika
June 23rd, 2011, 03:41 PM
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m613/TIGERCLAWGAMEFARM/DSC01022.jpg
9 YEAR OLD COCK
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m613/TIGERCLAWGAMEFARM/DSC01099.jpg

garma
June 23rd, 2011, 05:51 PM
Here you go goldenbirchens, some of my Pumpkin Hulseys

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3981/1001154p.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/3317/1000990o.jpg
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/5107/1001693y.jpg
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/200/img0912ws.jpg

garma
June 23rd, 2011, 05:57 PM
http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/4724/img0980cw.jpg
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2668/img1049m.jpg
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3301/img1274rh.jpg
http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/1323/img1527m.jpg

CALVIN2
June 23rd, 2011, 08:09 PM
garma (http://sabong.net.ph/forum/member.php?u=10796) your da man ,fine looking Hulsey's sir .

Goldenbirchens
June 23rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
Those are the best. Thanks Garma. Polk, did you ever find more of them? He is super. Nice Kawika!!

No one should wonder what good ones should look like now.

Heavy03
June 23rd, 2011, 09:36 PM
Here's one a hulsey stag im trying to get the rest loaded up..
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i334/Juan_Medrano/1293808320.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i334/Juan_Medrano/1293808324.jpg

jadefarm
June 23rd, 2011, 09:38 PM
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/JADEFARM2003/HULSEYSTAG3.jpg

jadefarm
June 23rd, 2011, 09:43 PM
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/JADEFARM2003/jadefarm180.jpg
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/JADEFARM2003/HULSEYBROODCOCK01.jpg

CALVIN2
June 23rd, 2011, 09:46 PM
Magandang Hulsey jadefarm (http://sabong.net.ph/forum/member.php?u=3806) ,and beautiful farm kaibigan.

jadefarm
June 23rd, 2011, 09:56 PM
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/JADEFARM2003/SAM_0136.jpg
http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp58/JADEFARM2003/SAM_0439.jpg

CALVIN2
June 23rd, 2011, 10:15 PM
jadefarm (http://sabong.net.ph/forum/member.php?u=3806) that's crazy awesome ,beautiful birds ,are they good as they look ? and do you have an army of landscapers ...lol

jadefarm
June 23rd, 2011, 10:39 PM
jadefarm (http://sabong.net.ph/forum/member.php?u=3806) that's crazy awesome ,beautiful birds ,are they good as they look ? and do you have an army of landscapers ...lol

bro calvin if they are NOT they won't be in my farm..i know how to swing that axe lol...cleanliness is a sign of a sick mind lol

POLK GAMEFARM
June 24th, 2011, 03:59 AM
No i didnt. I was never able to track him down anymore. I think he must have quit from the sport. He sold a whole bunch cause he was cutting back on fowl

Heavy03
June 28th, 2011, 12:00 AM
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i334/Juan_Medrano/176.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i334/Juan_Medrano/161.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i334/Juan_Medrano/209.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i334/Juan_Medrano/210.jpg

3spurr
June 28th, 2011, 06:29 AM
hey gold birchen where did your hulseys come from and how long

Goldenbirchens
June 28th, 2011, 06:56 AM
I dont have any. I have Birchens.

I started this thread because we had a thread about Yellow Birchens. Everyone started talking about Hulseys on the Birchen thread.

mclean2
July 24th, 2011, 11:14 PM
i thought about buying some pumpkin hulsey stags can anyone give me any info on this breed

UNDERGROUNDPERF
July 24th, 2011, 11:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/reginastark08#p/u/3/Jr3wt-oJ14E

They cross real well with most anything in LK. Add power, speed, higher breaking and gameness.

mclean2
July 24th, 2011, 11:40 PM
thanks alot undergroundperf

mclean2
July 27th, 2011, 12:20 AM
if anyone knows the history i would like to know what was crossed to get theses

Mike Everett
July 27th, 2011, 12:43 AM
if anyone knows the history i would like to know what was crossed to get theses

The "Good Kind" family which were Roundhead, Claret, and Barnett Wonders, then with a Charlie Babb, pumpkin Blue, to make the Pumpkin E.H. Hulseys

mclean2
July 27th, 2011, 01:20 AM
The "Good Kind" family which were Roundhead, Claret, and Barnett Wonders, then with a Charlie Babb, pumpkin Blue, to make the Pumpkin E.H. Hulseys
thank you mike i have some hulseys and wondered how they were crossed:)

CALVIN2
July 27th, 2011, 01:45 AM
http://sabong.net.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=55747&highlight=gold

mclean2
July 27th, 2011, 01:51 AM
http://sabong.net.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=55747&highlight=gold
thanks alot calvin theres alot of nice games on there:D

CALVIN2
July 27th, 2011, 04:55 AM
http://thefallcreekranch.com/gamefow...s_birchen.html (http://thefallcreekranch.com/gamefowl/farris_birchen.html)

http://sabong.net.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=44130

mclean2
July 27th, 2011, 05:04 AM
thanks alot calvin very helpful

twodollars
August 19th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Mike Everette
on the history of the EH Hulsey Pumpkins

"When I was growing up..The E.H. Hulseys were the lemon hackled mostly yellow legged reds fought by Henry Wortham of Dallas. The Pumpkin colored ones were called "Babbs". The first gamecock cock I ever owned was a "Babb" cock. Now most people call the pumpkin ones E.H. Hulseys."

About the original Hulseys, John Pipes did make them, but I understand that the hens were Claret/Barnett Wonders and the original cock was a Holmes "Aviator" Roundhead, thus making them 1/2 Rh and 1/4 Claret and 1/4 Barnett Wonder. Many people confuse Bingham with Bigham. Sam Bigham's were the ones that showed the Pumpkins and were well known as superior cocks in this area of Texas. "

The "Babb" cock was what put the pumpkin into the E.H. Hulsey fowl, they were light reds before that time. The Generals were a offshoot of the original Hulsey/Wortham fowl. They were also light lemon hackled reds. "

"They didn't breed the Charlie Babb cock to give them strength, they already were a famous strain fought by Henry Wortham for Hulsey. They needed the size to make higher tournment weights as the "Good Kind" were smaller in size and great cocks."

Mike Everett

twodollars
August 19th, 2011, 11:43 AM
i guess i need to start reading all the post before i reply sorry Mike Everett i found that post on google

Dyan Agustin
October 10th, 2011, 09:31 AM
who is producing/breeder of pumpkin hulsey US or PI? thinking of trying this bloodline..

kawika
October 10th, 2011, 11:41 AM
are you looking for the red colored ones or the pumpkin colored ones??

giro
November 5th, 2011, 01:48 AM
Hey I was wondering if anybody knew someone with some really good pumpkin hulsey and there contact info what would be good to cross them with..

Small Timer
November 5th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Rick Smith Texas, has hatch crosses that are very good.

kawika
November 5th, 2011, 01:55 PM
cross well to black mcraes, sweater, and roundheads

giro
November 7th, 2011, 01:07 AM
thanks alot and Small Timer does rick have a website or any contact info?

twodollars
November 16th, 2011, 09:16 AM
i was just wondering if anyone can tell me the traits of the pumpkin hulsey as far as do they come yellow and white legged and pea and straight combed? any and all info would be helpful thank you

dbo510
November 16th, 2011, 09:39 AM
real pure pumpkin hulseys come 100% straight comb, with willow(greenish yellow) color legs. you may get some that come a little lighter color almost yellow but never white. also they should be a dark orange/red color. not to be confused with "goldens" which sometimes come pea comb with yellow legs. also goldens are a lighter orange color with light orange plumage in their tail and wing feathers.

coon hunter
November 16th, 2011, 09:44 AM
i got dozen egg off oakridge acutions and they the only eggs i had in incubator and brooder and he say they pure and i had a blue stag a spangled and red quil looking pullets and real dark wine red stag and just one stag that half way look pumkin but had blue legs with walnut comb. i traded em all for a pure sweater hen and a nice penny hatch stag and took big lost):

dbo510
November 16th, 2011, 09:54 AM
i got dozen egg off oakridge acutions and they the only eggs i had in incubator and brooder and he say they pure and i had a blue stag a spangled and red quil looking pullets and real dark wine red stag and just one stag that half way look pumkin but had blue legs with walnut comb. i traded em all for a pure sweater hen and a nice penny hatch stag and took big lost):

that sucks! i would ask the seller for my $ back! thats the problem with
buying eggs. u never know what u got! sounds like the seller went around his yard a gathered a dozen eggs from anywhere.

Goldenbirchens
November 16th, 2011, 10:08 AM
that is what you get when you buy them that way.

twodollars
November 16th, 2011, 11:27 PM
thank you dbo510 for your info very helpful i just purchased a pair of pumpkin last night and it appeared that the leg color was yellow but today with a better look they are more yellow with a hint of green and are straight combed i now feel better on my purchase and coon hunter sorry about your loss it is sad that people have to question there birds this is suppose to be a gentlemens sport and there is alot of people out there trying to make a dollar ripping people off and its sad

Goldenbirchens
November 17th, 2011, 12:09 AM
If I were getting pumpkin hulseys I would try to get them from Rico Garma.

Hatch Black
November 17th, 2011, 01:03 AM
If I were getting pumpkin hulseys I would try to get them from Rico Garma.

yup, you got that right. hes got the real deal from long ago. thanks again rico, hes real happy with them. nice stationed straight combed and yellow legged. he said they are freezing right now...lol. 32 degrees last i checked.

Hulsey602
January 18th, 2012, 01:35 PM
I have had good luck with bates hatch and greys cross with my hulseys has done great

nalocountry
January 18th, 2012, 03:57 PM
a good cross would be the marion rose hatch if you can get your hands on those.that cross won a lot of big shows in hawaii...a guy in the phillipines has that line and he said its as pure as it comes he was able to maintain the line for years i forgot his name though..but those would be ideal..jus my thoughts..but good luck wit what ever you cross those pumpkins with. aloha

POOKELA
January 18th, 2012, 11:58 PM
a good cross would be the marion rose hatch if you can get your hands on those.that cross won a lot of big shows in hawaii...a guy in the phillipines has that line and he said its as pure as it comes he was able to maintain the line for years i forgot his name though..but those would be ideal..jus my thoughts..but good luck wit what ever you cross those pumpkins with. alohabrah nalo that colby hatch blood your dad had was an awesome nick..remember chopper 1/2 colby 1/2 pumpkin that i got from you guys...took 6 jess against p tings grey at wailua...brah smoke job..clean:D..brah tell your dad blood winning in oregon,mexico,and washington.;)

TnGladiator
April 22nd, 2012, 03:42 AM
What heel was the Pumpkin Hulsey best at back in the day in america

damien
April 22nd, 2012, 03:52 AM
What heel was the Pumpkin Hulsey best at back in the day in america

i second this, i always liked the look of them, but wondered if they would do the job that i do?

msei
April 22nd, 2012, 06:21 AM
i cross the pumkin hulsey and loman white hackles makes great cross

surfer808
April 22nd, 2012, 06:30 AM
A good brown red crosses well with pumpkins. Also some redquils crosses good with them also

Darkside
April 22nd, 2012, 07:47 AM
Blk japs cross well pumpkins ive read on asil mania...got sme on the ground already hopefully its as hood as they said it is...

Outlaw greys
April 22nd, 2012, 11:11 AM
I have a pure pumkin stag (hulsey) and if he proves himself in the gaff he will be getting murphy hens for sure like irushcutt said good whitehackle to give em body to take anything thrown at them and dish it out

Mr Adame
May 24th, 2012, 12:28 AM
need info on the pumpkin hulsey line and on how they perform.
thanks,
Mr. Adame

POLK GAMEFARM
May 24th, 2012, 08:50 AM
need info on the pumpkin hulsey line and on how they perform.
thanks,
Mr. Adame
i had some from norm martinez of hawaii. they were high flyers and great cutters when it was legal in the u.s. very beautiful birds also

POOKELA
May 24th, 2012, 11:37 AM
some of the best breaking birds alive,supreme cutting blood...alot was shown in wsc 2011..made some crosses 2yrs ago,crossed on the mel hatches for sk...monsters!!!!!

Mr Adame
May 29th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Thank you all for your help but I ended up getting a blk RH 3 month old stag

Mr Adame
May 29th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Very happy with my buy it was funny becausas soon as I let him out of cage he went straight to my uncles grey henny and droped his wing neither could tell What they were LOL

Rafter R Farm
November 28th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I lost my main hulsey broodcock this year and my only pure hulsey hen all I have left is one pure hulsey bullstag 1x winner and I ordered some eggs from green fire farms which supposedly bought out Larry carter and hatched 3 and lost 2 but My pullet I have left won't be breeding age until later into breeding season so I'm going to breed my bullstag to a few different things while waiting on my pure pullet to be old enough but what do you guys think about hulsey over a pure Kansas city toppie , hulsey over 1/2 John o fowler out n out kelso 1/2 claireborn toppie , hulsey over 1/2 John o fowler out n out kelso 1/2 gary Gilliam Roundhead , hulsey over 1/2 Gilmore 1/2 Gary Gilliam lieper

MONGOOSE
November 28th, 2012, 11:20 AM

evaluate there good characteristics and determine what whould enhance their their attributes. Don't go according to names. Place more importance on the performance characteristics on fowl you plan to cross them with.

Mudflop
November 28th, 2012, 11:59 AM
I love to eat pumpkins, they make good pies.

Contrary to another post there are no big money dierbies in Hawaii, only Poultry shows.

I too used to have pumpkin-hulseys but disposed of them awhile back. They were just not game enough for me. However, they do cross well on Clarets as well as good hatch blood.

I am still waiting for a response for the main. Please let me know soon and you can bring your so called Mcraes and I'll bring my Mcraes too.

turbo_808
November 28th, 2012, 12:04 PM
We gonna be doing a JBL Sweater stag over a Pumpkin hen this season. Aloha!

Hulsey602
November 28th, 2012, 01:36 PM
I cross my hulseys over cowan and makes some amazing birds!!!!
this year I am testing Peruvian over my hulseys have to see what happens with those but so far looking good

Heavy03
January 8th, 2013, 05:10 AM
bump to the top.......................

Dase520
January 9th, 2013, 10:54 AM
I'm trying to come up with a pair anyone know where I can get one?

Gallo88
January 10th, 2013, 04:44 AM
Bump..........Bump..........Bump

Ace08
January 12th, 2013, 10:42 AM
here's one of mine. i had two stags and a pullet like this. http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/abrown089/IMG532_zps5fcd89d5.jpg

Brettjern
June 4th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Does anyone know anyone that has won with pure pumpkins on the circuit? I am looking for a pumpkin that will stay true in gaff.

Nightfury
June 4th, 2013, 10:34 PM
The pumpkin generals I have can show in all weapons. I used to show them in the gaff when legal but my father won several big LK derbies with them at Texhoma. We also showed alot of them in the SK. They are still winning at some nice shows in all weapons.

I have heard that they get the pumpkin color from the Hulsey blood in them along with the Gleezen Whitehackle.

trueedge
June 4th, 2013, 11:31 PM
here's one of mine. i had two stags and a pullet like this. http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p553/abrown089/IMG532_zps5fcd89d5.jpg

Awesome looking stag Ace08

GreyKelso
June 28th, 2013, 02:10 AM
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y467/Carrillo_Gamefowl/image_zpse73f47f1.jpg (http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/Carrillo_Gamefowl/media/image_zpse73f47f1.jpg.html)

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y467/Carrillo_Gamefowl/image_zpsd739e9f5.jpg (http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/Carrillo_Gamefowl/media/image_zpsd739e9f5.jpg.html)

GreyKelso
June 28th, 2013, 02:16 AM
Brood cock is mine and the hen is a loan from a friend of mine bought brood cock when city came he has a young pullet that's white will be breeding back to cock next year

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y467/Carrillo_Gamefowl/image_zps3a73107f.jpg (http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/Carrillo_Gamefowl/media/image_zps3a73107f.jpg.html)

Windwalker
December 16th, 2013, 06:31 AM
the Barnett Wonders were from Frankston Texas. The original cock was traded at a trade day ... Mr. Barnett traded a mule for this cock from Gypsys that came to the trade day. They had fought him 6 times before he was traded... I was doing road construction in Frankston when I saw this cock and met Mr. Barnett. He told me that he had supplied a lot of cocks for mains and some thebig names were Wortham, Hulsey, Mr. Madigan, and the grandpa Manziel, which he lived only 30 miles from the Manziel farm. People asked how the offspring got their name and he said that the Gypsys moved before he could ask how the cock was breed and so he left wondering and decided to just call them "BARNETT WONDERS" All of the offspring came pea comb and pumkin in color.

Windwalker
December 16th, 2013, 07:00 AM
I remember Smitty, so him won a derby at Texoma . I was with my father the late Galo Meliton we had an entry with Jim McCormick of Arkansas but we did not do well in that derby and that was in the early eighties.

Smitty was James Smith daddy.... I tied the winning entry at the Hawaiian for James Smith and Kelly Krouse, who was Ray Hoskins man.....You are right the cocks they were showing were Hulsey's and they gifted me the winning money fight cock.... This was in the early eighties when it was legal.

Kenny Smith and Shorty Smith who showed under Black Gold were a different Smith family... My dad fought and won the Joe Goulde Tribute at Kellyville with the Smith Brothers using the 1 1/2 " short heels. This happened in the mid sixties.

Dase520
December 16th, 2013, 07:32 AM
What I Dnt get is why do people call them all pumpkin hulseys if theirs diffrent types of pumpkins? Sorry for the stupid question