PDA

View Full Version : TIPS from DOC TJT

Pages : [1] 2 3

tjtcokngacademy
October 23rd, 2006, 10:42 PM
Weather affects our gamefowl in more ways than one. From March to June, summer heat brings a lot of stress to our gamecocks. The occurence of hot weather and humid air would result in the onset of various diseases ranging from NCD, CRD, Coryza and Fowl Pox. During the months of July to November, gamefowls moult........this coincides with our rainy season. Thus, disease prevention is of prime importance at this time of the year as they will be more susceptible to respiratory and intestinal diseases. Starting late November to February, cold weather prevails and you would observe our cocks..... fighting well. This is the season of the year most apt for conditioning gamefowl. These weather patterns must be carefully noted as weather changes affect the health and well being of our fowls.
Approaching the Yuletide season, weather is good, our cocks have already finished moulting and money seems abundant during Christmas. During cold weather, the chickens body counteracts the chills by generating heat. This warmth may be derived from the burning of fats during exercise and during sleep by the action of the gizzard on the grains and grits. Thus, in cold weather, more hard grains like corn should be added in their ration and soaking the grains would hasten digestion. In hot weather, you must be on guard against dehydration. Provide enough water during the day for the cocks to regulate their body temperature. Soaking grains longer can make them digest faster. Thus, body heat is reduced.

tjtcokngacademy
October 23rd, 2006, 10:45 PM
west wing
posted 10-22-2006 09:50 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRavelling tips
Doc TJT,

Give could us tips on travelling gamefowls from the farm to the cockpit ?

Example from Cebu to the Araneta Cockpit, and from Pangasinan to the Araneta Cockpit.

thanks ,

West Wing )

jazmin1
posted 10-22-2006 11:27 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you DOC Ted for accomodating my handler last Oct. 2,3,4. Edison can he call you for referrals sometimes? Our backyard farm is on the kickoff now. I was hoping your thread will return.... So welcome back.

tjtcokngacademy
October 23rd, 2006, 10:50 PM
Travelling or Hauling can be classified as either short or long, depending on the hours spent to travel. A short haul would be less than 4 hours while a long haul would be more than 4 hours.The general rule is that, the amount of time spent to travel must equal the amount of time the roosters have to rest before they are fed. This applies to short distance trip but when it comes to long distance trip(like Cebu to Araneta), I prefer travelling them a day before so that they would have enough time to regain their equilibrium. They must be empty during the trip. Travelling upsets their digestive system and it operates only at 50% capacity while the chickens are in transit.
Place the chickens in carrying boxes lined with 4in-6in of banana leaves as it serves as an oxygen- giver and cushion. Make sure that the leaves are thick enough, so that they would be comfortable, during hauling. Keeping them as comfortable as possible while in transit, would definitely hold their POINT until fight time.
There are other factors and details to consider but it will require a lengthy explanation. These are best discussed during the Open Forum time/Chicken Talk in the Academy........I hope to see you there, amigo!

tjtcokngacademy
October 23rd, 2006, 10:53 PM
ricko
posted 10-23-2006 12:25 AM
Doc TJT
Can u give us some tips on pointing before the cock got "off" ?

Royen
posted 10-23-2006 03:32 AM

Doc,

On moulting chickens, how long will it takes to fully hardened the featherings considering all needed vitamins/nutrients are provided. The tail feathers were already at 4-5 inches long. Back feathers were full grown but still fresh. Will one month time be enough to fully hardened the feathers. Please share some ideas/tips to hasten moulting stage.

Thanks,
Royen

tatodupaya
posted 10-23-2006 05:33 AM
Hey, the tireless doctor is back.
Thanks a lot Doc for opening the thread

cbm80n6
posted 10-23-2006 05:37 AM

doc ted, is it ok to feed the cock at 4pm (Fight day) and travel them at around 630pm going to the pit?

--------------------
sentenciah!1-2-3!

cezar
posted 10-23-2006 09:49 AM
Neurorubine
Hi Doc Ted,

Can I use the Neurorubine ampules as replacement of crystalline cyanocobalamin for conditioning cocks?

Thanks.

Cezar

dogmancarter
posted 10-23-2006 01:33 PM
Welcome back doc
Your trends are very informative.

Vernell V.
October 24th, 2006, 12:28 AM
doc ted,

it's nice to have back you here at the chicken talk thread ... more power to you !!!

ginojulia
October 24th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Doc,

Paano ho ba remedyohan yung isang stag na ikinundisyon namin. Everytime na ilagay namin sya sa folding scratch pen (3x3) ay tila nawawala ang tikaS niya kapag dadamputin na siya uli .parang gusto niyang tumakbo. Mukahng naduduwag.Hindi katulad nung ibang kasama niyang stag na calmado lang.
Kung may kaharap naman na manok ang stag na binanggit ko ay hindi siya umuurong at bumibigay pa rin ng magandang laro.

malapit na ang laban at ako ay nakumpromiso. wala na akong pamalit na reserved.

safe ba itong ilaban? ano dapat gawin?

tjtcokngacademy
October 24th, 2006, 10:26 AM
You're most welcome jazmin........Edison was an attentive student and he can call me anytime. Once you are a part of my Academy, you are entitled to a lifetime consultation.

tatodupaya
Vernell V.
dogmancarter

Thanks for your support.

tjtcokngacademy
October 24th, 2006, 11:30 AM
A high protein diet should be given during the entire molting period. Methionine is important to attain good plumage. Coforta can be given twice a week to hasten the molting process. Cod liver oil makes their feather shiny while Vit.E is indicated for cell elongation. It’s a fact THAT BIRDS THAT MOULTS EARLY.... ARE SLOW MOLTERS. While, LATE MOULTERS ARE.... FAST MOLTERS.

tjtcokngacademy
October 24th, 2006, 11:38 AM
Is nuerorubine the same as nuerobion?.....I’ve had bad experiences using nuerobion during conditioning.....because nuerobion contains vitamin B1, B6 and B12 and I’ve observed that some birds are sensitive to thiamine (Vit..B1).

tjtcokngacademy
October 24th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Pointing is the last 3 days of the keep. It is a tedious, step by step process that involves a lot of detail. Let me share a few tips:
To rest them properly, you need to situate your resting stalls in a cool, comfortable place (well ventilated cockhouse/ under a tree) that is private so that they are not bothered.
Provide a wooden roost (good diameter) wherein he can have a good comfortable grip........ so that he can relax his shank and leg muscles............. as long as he wants.
Some chickens don’t drop normally, once they are kept inside a stall........... so you have to limber them, every 3 hours in order for you to check their droppings and monitor if he is digesting properly.
Carbo-loading is done during the last 4 days. How to mix it correctly, is shown, in detailed demo form, in my VCD. Controlling their water intake would put them in their right "moisture level". Remember, that if a rooster drinks a lot of water......IT'S DEFINITELY A BAD SIGN.

Vernell V.
October 24th, 2006, 02:41 PM
hi doc ted,

i just want to ask what is the actual dimension of the cockpits? Im planning to build a small sparring area in my backyard. At kung ilan feet mag bitiw sila ng manok sa cockpit ... 6 ba or 8ft kalayo ang standard?

good day doc ...

tjtcokngacademy
October 24th, 2006, 05:25 PM
The best design would be an........octagon-shaped pit, because having 8 corners, it would enable you to train them, once they "get cornered". Have it elevated, high enough from the ground (eye level when you are sitted on a chair) so that you can have a clear view of HOW THEY HIT...... when you spar them, making OBSERVATIONS and EVALUATION, easier. The area should be big enough to make your sparring sessions enjoyable.

tjtcokngacademy
October 24th, 2006, 06:05 PM
If you plan to feed at 4:00pm, before travelling, it would be safe to give them 2 pecks of apples or bananas to maintain their moisture..Be sure that they are 'close to empty' before you travel them, to prevent STRESS.

jeric77
October 24th, 2006, 06:54 PM
doc aks ko lang po ,if pwede po b ako mag add ng kamatis during your 21 day keep , if pwede gaano po karami ang pwede ko idagdag? and what good vits can you recomend during breeding

tjtcokngacademy
October 24th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Tomatoes are best given during pre-con.
The best vitamins during breeding would still be........... Vit. A D & E injectables. Be sure to use a bigger needle, since it is an oily solution and should be administered.... DEEP INTRAMUSCULARLY.

jlbs72
October 24th, 2006, 09:06 PM
doc,

is their any difference between vit ADE injectibles vs. ADE water solubles or tablet form ?

tjtcokngacademy
October 24th, 2006, 11:53 PM
Injectables are absorbed faster and effectively, compared to water solubles and oral form.
Hope you can pay me a visit....... one of these days in the Academy.

tjtcokngacademy
October 25th, 2006, 02:35 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/TJTgreenad.jpg

Speakers for this coming November 9, 10 & 11:

Mr. Jun Jamandores, editor of Fightingcock Magazine, on Basics of Breeding
Engineer Boy Ang, on Hatchery Management & Incubation
Dr. Teddy Tanchanco, course director of TJT Cocking Academy, on Systematic Health Program, Proven Treatment of Common Poultry Diseases, 21 Day Conditioning Keep & more
Dr. Paul Tolentino, member of Avian Pathologists of America, on Nutrition & BioSecurity
Arwin Santos, on gaffing
Gen. Restituto Mosqueda, owner RHAMM Gamefarm & Resort, on Sabong Ethics & Farm Management

tjtcokngacademy
October 25th, 2006, 05:00 PM
His behavior indicates that he is a high strung bird! You have to be gentle with him and he shouldn’t be placed in a 3x3 pen where he acts differently. Remember that these birds are territorial and they need to protect their domain…….Showing a hen would boost his machismo........ but gentle handling is the key for him to win.

jlbs72
October 25th, 2006, 08:47 PM
yes doc. next year. naubos na kasi yung vacation leave ko for this year. tagal na namin plano ito, hehehe...

tjtcokngacademy
October 26th, 2006, 10:00 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/SyllabusAd.jpg

Vernell V.
October 27th, 2006, 12:05 AM
thanks doc ted for the wonderful advice ... could i ask for the standard dimension of the OCTAGON pit?

good pm doc ted ...

tjtcokngacademy
October 27th, 2006, 06:13 PM
The dimension is around 30X30 ft.

jeric77
October 27th, 2006, 06:47 PM
doc ano po yun magandang size ng breeding area if i hav a trio na ibreed ,and kilangan ko pa po ba bigyan sila ng vaccines like n1b1,lasota & f pox bago ko sila ipagmate or pwede during the mating period

tjtcokngacademy
October 28th, 2006, 11:17 AM
An ideal floor area for a breeding pen( for one trio).....would be at least 8x8 feet. Vaccinating your broodstocks 3weeks prior breeding them, can produce high maternal antibody protection to their offsprings. Applying timely vaccines and medication and providing a stress-free environment, would definitely prevent diseases and reduce losses.

tjtcokngacademy
October 28th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Our broodstocks must be kept healthy and provided with a diet, adequate to supply the fertile egg with all nutrients necessary, not only for normal embryonic development but to maintain healthy offsprings in a healthy condition until it consumes adequate feed. An increased amount of vitamins and minerals is indicated during the entire breeding period..........because any deficiency would result to "poor hatchability."

tjtcokngacademy
October 29th, 2006, 11:35 AM
We should always "feel" our roosters crop to enable us to know if they're digesting properly. Check for any green or loose droppings as it is a clear sign of an intestinal disorder. A raw egg can be given as a first aid measure but if he has too much feed inside his crop and can not empty himself normally, proper treatment should be done immediately. Remember, that oral medications (capsules-tablets) are "poorly absorbed" at this particular stage and using an injectable form is more effectively absorbed" into their system. It is very important to shift to a soft diet and to provide water at all times to enable him to recover faster.
GOOD DROPPINGS INDICATE GOOD HEALTH

tjtcokngacademy
October 29th, 2006, 05:59 PM
It usually takes about 7 to 8 hours to digest the 35-40 grams (2 tbsp) of feed given to each rooster during conditioning. Two hours before feeding time, their crop must be empty. This suggests that their digestive system is functioning well. On the other hand, digestion and metabolic rates are slower while the cocks are at rest. Some don't digest well or drop normally once they are caged. If you notice this, make the cock move, limber him and make him pass the night on a tee-pee.

tjtcokngacademy
October 29th, 2006, 10:26 PM
During conditioning, the concept of territoriality is a guiding principle. Knowing this, we must take note of the distance between cords and limbering of cocks in the keep. If your cocks are used to having another rooster close by, his complacency will cost him his life in the pit. Bigger pens and longer cords are always best when considering distance among your gamecocks during the keep. We use the rotation method not only to avoid the "boredome syndrome", but also to get your roosters used to different environments. His awareness of the different places we rotate him, will make him feel secured and claim the area as his own. With this mentality ingrained in him, he has more reason to fight with all his might, come fight day in the pit.

Vernell V.
October 29th, 2006, 10:38 PM
doc ted,

anong mainam na gamitin na dahon para sa nest ng ating mga inahin? at anong materiales ang mabuting gamitin? thanks...

good day to all :D

west wing
October 29th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Doc,

GUMIRE and manok namin kaya kami natalo!

What is causing this?

How do we avoid this?

West Wing:)

tjtcokngacademy
October 30th, 2006, 12:54 AM
Part of my answer is posted on top of vernell on page 1 of this thread. Select roosters that spars well and should open his hackle to the fullest, when facing an opponent. This is a sign that he is concentrating and possess the ability to fight better in all aspects as compared to a dull rooster.
Lastly, it's better..."painitin ang manok ng mabuti bago bitawan kumpara sa manok na kulang pa sa pagpapa-galit". Sa ganitong paraan ay maiiwasan mo ang pag-giri sa laban.

tjtcokngacademy
October 30th, 2006, 01:20 AM
I prefer using a round nest as they feel more comfortable and it keeps their eggs in clusters as compared to a flat wooden nest box.....their eggs can roll around, especially if you don't put a rug or a dry straw.

tjtcokngacademy
October 30th, 2006, 03:18 AM
I am not in favor of washing his face before heeling. It destroys your limbering and warming-up stage, making him lose his ultimate point. One big mistake is a wet hackle becase he cannot open it fully and interferes with his balance. Washing his face is best done at the start to refreshen him and to wake him up. At least, there is enough time to dry his hackles. Limbering him before heeling is done step by step..... like heating him until fire gets in his heat making him burst with power in the pit.

tjtcokngacademy
October 30th, 2006, 05:52 AM
You should be observant and try to know each individual rooster because there are some that has to be treated in a special way. I usually observe the bad signs and the more bad signs detected, the better for him to be thrown out of the keep.

bunguton
October 30th, 2006, 10:21 AM
doc,
gud day. i have a cock bigla lng nawala ang ganang kumain tiningnan ko iyong mukha kung mi sipon pero wala napansin kong may maka clog sa isang butas ng ilong niya na parang kulangot ang kulay po ay yellowist brown poa at medyo matigas po yung nosetril niya. ano po ba ang sakit nito ito paman ang pinakapaborito kong manok.salamat po sa magigigng advise mo

tjtcokngacademy
October 30th, 2006, 12:10 PM
The yellow- brownish thing clogging his nostrils, must be the thickened exudate that was in his nasal passages before. Sometimes, it forms into a cheesy material and manual cleaning is the only way to clear his nasal opening. You can put VetRx solution directly to their nostrils to soften the thick exudate and you need a small rod to clean it manually. We don't actually know the extent of the obstruction and in some cases, minor surgery is needed. Remember to do nose flushing procedure whenever they encounter serious respiratory disease. This would surely clear their nasal passages of any discharges which can later clog their nostrils in the future. You can call me for proper instruction.

deekgarcia
October 30th, 2006, 04:07 PM
doc teddy,

gaano po b ang tinitagal ng buhay ng manok n nakitaan n ng symtoms ng mareks... nakakahawa po b ito and how? sa dumi po b, sa tubig, pagkain, airborn or direct contact? tnx po...more power to TJT cocking academy...

oo nga po pala me and my friend are planning to send our handlers s mga susunod nyong seminars... wer from cabanatuan city....

tjtcokngacademy
October 30th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Marek's Disease (MD) is a disabling disease of chickens. It is caused by a herpes virus and is highly contagious. Transmission is either through direct or indirect contact and airborne route. Feathers and dust serves as a source of contamination to the environment. Virus associated with feathers and dander was shown to be highly infectious for birds exposed by the respiratory route.
Marek's can strike in many ways: if it strikes the sciatic nerve, the bird will have leg paralysis; if it strikes the vegas nerve; one wing will hang down; if it strikes the optic nerve; the eye will turn gray and would result to blindness; if it strikes the internal organ; the bird will just dry up and die.
It is worthy to note that most birds won't show any symptoms until they are 5-8 months. There is no known treatment for MD and vaccination is a must to protect your chickens.
I want to be sure that everyone understands this, that vaccination is done at day one (day old) because the younger they were vaccinated, the better the chance of the vaccine to be effective. Sanitation and disinfection minimizes the incidence of the disease.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/Mareksad.jpg[/IMG]

Vernell V.
October 30th, 2006, 10:03 PM
doc ted,

thanks so much for answering my question ... more power to you doc ..

good day cockmates ...

tjtcokngacademy
October 31st, 2006, 11:58 AM
The "off syndrome" comes right after the peak. This means that they have already used up all the nutrients and energy available in their body, and hunger started taking it's toll. Some cockers aver that the off syndrome is due to drug overdose, constipation or being coop-stale. Often, a drug overdosed cock will be listless, a constipated cock will show no interest to fight, since he is preoccupied with his bowel movement; and a coop-stale cock is sluggish and sleepy. But primarily, I think the real cause of the off syndrome is hunger. You might say that making the cock hungry is what we are doing during pointing. Yes, partly correct since we withold feeds, but remember that nutrients are still absorbed by the body even after the grains and other stuff are already digested. Once the nutrients are consumed, hunger will be coupled with lack of energy and essential nutrients which makes the situation very critical and harmful. In pointing, we want the cocks to be empty but not hungry. Thus, while limbering before the actual fight, a cock which is jittery, easily agitated, and crazy for food is OFF.

toybatz
October 31st, 2006, 12:45 PM
good day to you sir...

tatanong k lang po doc ted kung pwede ba gamitin ang isang broodcock to breed kung ito ay moulting pa? meron po bang mga side effects or sa fertility naman makaka kuha ba ang inahin sa tamang sperm na galing sa broodcock?

thank you very much sir and more power..God bless..

JEVVERAY
October 31st, 2006, 03:37 PM
Gud pm doc.

Ask ko sana doc. teddy kung ano gamot sa luga ng manok? ano gamot ang recomend mo? na try kuna kasi ang OTIC but no avail, salamat, more power!

rj

tjtcokngacademy
October 31st, 2006, 09:42 PM
You can never compare the health of the offspring (in terms of vigor & hatchability) that comes from parentstocks with healthy feathering (well moulted)....and maybe you know what I mean.

tjtcokngacademy
November 1st, 2006, 11:06 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/mannybad2.jpg

tjtcokngacademy
November 1st, 2006, 07:50 PM
What otic solution did you use?..... An otic solution is needed to soften the cerumen(luga) and it needs to be cleaned manually by using a small rod..... please call me as this will require a lengthy discussion. My numbers are 09209506492 or 09165742427.

tjtcokngacademy
November 2nd, 2006, 10:45 AM
Check droppings when you take them out of the carriers. You base your feeding on the amount of moisture he dropped. If he is too wet, give the same proportion but half of it should be dry. If his dropping is dry, give the same regular feed, then add 4-5 pieces egg white or bananas, doing it every 4 hours to put back the moisture he lost during hauling. Follow-up feeding in the afternoon depends on your fight schedule. Don't feed chickens that would fight earlier than 8 pm. Feed 1 tsp. as follow-up feed to roosters that would fight later than 9 pm, adjusting the amount for the birds that would fight in the wee hours. Remember the rule:"IT IS BETTER TO UNDERFEED THEM ON FIGHTDAY THAN TO OVERFEED!" You have more chances of winning if he is empty.

tatodupaya
November 2nd, 2006, 11:32 AM
Doc, let me just clarify. We know for a fact that among other equally important functions, water is the lubricant for efficient bodily movements of our gamefowls. Also, food is needed by our fowls for energy. When it comes to pointing, however, we regulate the amount of water and food on fight day with the view of making our fowl perform their task with speed, efficiency, and if necessary, endurance in a drag fight.

Now, while it may sound contradictory when I think about it, and I believe this is where my confusion lies, am I correct in saying that a fowl on point is one which is at the pink of his health, a little dry but not thirsty and empty but not hungry? This is a tough balancing act.:confused:

tjtcokngacademy
November 2nd, 2006, 11:56 AM
You got it right, ATTORNEY! Just as long as he is not... too DRY or else, he won't CUT and not too empty... to lose his ultimate point. You are one of my bright student in the academy, that's why you are given an A+ rating.

serge
November 2nd, 2006, 01:54 PM
HI DOC TED,

In a single mating process what are the effective ways to let
hen/pullet hatch their eggs if they refused or never at all do it?

SERGE

tjtcokngacademy
November 2nd, 2006, 09:51 PM
You have to consider the fact that chickens are birds and birds need privacy in order to propagate. Therefore, to enhance their nesting instinct, their pen should be placed in a secluded area.

tjtcokngacademy
November 3rd, 2006, 10:31 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/2nd_spread_leftside.jpg

ricky
November 3rd, 2006, 11:37 AM
hi doc ted,

im ricky, one of your student soon, i just arrange a perfect timing together with my handlers to attend a siminar in your cocking school someday.

i have some quistion if you dont mind:

- as you mintioned that, some chickens are sensitive with b1,
what are the des-advantages?

- ATP is good for checkins?
- how it will apply?
- it is available in PI?
- any recomended brand name?

salamat doc,

ricky bitoon - CEBU

tjtcokngacademy
November 3rd, 2006, 11:42 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/2nd_spread_rightside.jpg

serge
November 3rd, 2006, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the advice Doc TED...

serge

tjtcokngacademy
November 3rd, 2006, 08:23 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/1st_spread_leftside.jpg

tjtcokngacademy
November 4th, 2006, 10:10 AM
The body transforms food by means of a large number of chemical processes into various substances, including adenosintriphosphate (ATP). If a large amount of creatine phosphate is stored in the muscle, it is able to perform well........ ATP is the universal fuel for muscles needed by all living organisms as a source of energy.........but let's not be too technical about it and keep it simple. Instead of using the synthetic form(CREATINE), it is better to load energy the natural way.......this is what I call CARBO-LOADING.
Carbohydrates is the main source of energy for cocks in training. Like human athletes getting ready for competition, the gamecock must store enough energy in his body to be used during the fight for his life. The critical days in conditioning which are the last 3 days before the fight, finds the trainer wanting to load up his gamecock with as much energy as possible to give him the power he will need. This is done by "Carbo-Loading".
Simply put, "Carbo-Loading" means the technique of increasing (loading up) carbohydrates in the diet of gamecocks during the last 3 days of the keep as part of "pointing".
For more details, kindly refer to page 57 of my book. The clear demos can be seen in my video, On Gamecock Conditioning.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/bookvideo.jpg

Book: P400
Video: P750

For orders, you may call/text me at +639209506492 or +639165742427. And my email address is docteddytanchanco@yahoo.com

tjtcokngacademy
November 5th, 2006, 07:30 AM
What: HATAW PINOY - a tv program for Cockfighting aficionados
When: November 5, 2006 (every Sunday)
Where: Channel 13
Time: 10AM-11AM
Please watch the new sabong TV program, HATAW PINOY. TJT Cocking Academy will be featured in today's episode!

tony777
November 5th, 2006, 08:54 AM
i agree. all sabongeros should watch such tv sabong shows and support them. i suggest that we need more tv sabong shows, more video coverage, dvd disk for derby entrants, and more videos in our pits. such tv sabong shows should also show highlight fights of, say, the memorable fights between entrants gunning for the championship in the past wsc and other international events, preferably, the most current ones.

tjtcokngacademy
November 5th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Thanks for your support and I certainly hope that our fellow cockers would heed to your advice.

tjtcokngacademy
November 5th, 2006, 05:15 PM
We should provide our fowl the proper post battle care they deserve after winning a fight.
There are 2 kinds of wounds- superficial wounds and internal wounds. These wounds, if not given the right treatment, can lead to permanent injury or even the death of our valued fighters.
I would like to focus on the wrong procedures done in the cockpit and how to handle them. the manggagamots/quack doctors in the cockpit use big threads/upholstery silk threads for suturing the wounds. As a responsible owner, you may provide the manggagamots with surgical sutures that you can purchase in Mercury Drugstore. For the superficial wounds you may use Ethicon suture size 3-0. Internal wounds require absorbable chromic gut sutures. You will also have to remind the manggagamots to be careful and not to suture the muscles together with the skin. After suturing, put an antiseptic agent like betadine or scarlet oil.
Another wrong practice is the use of oral penicillin tablets crushed and applied directly to the wound. I recommend that you use Ampicin injectable injected intramuscularly. The dosage is 1cc per bird and should be given between 3-5 consecutive days depending on the injury.
Excessive bleeding can be stopped by giving Hemostan capsule 500mg (human drug) or Bloodseal (veterinary drug).
Food and water intake will depend on the gravity of the injury.

tjtcokngacademy
November 5th, 2006, 11:46 PM
The different kinds of wounds have specific diet requirements to aid in the recovery of our wounded warriors.
Assuming that the crop(upper digestive tract) is injured, withold food for 1 week. Allow them 2-3 dips of Pedialyte 2 times a day to prevent dehydration.
When the wound affects the internal organs(lower digestive tract), withold food and water for 5 days. Take note that a rooster with severely cut intestines is as good as dead. Bringing him back to normal is almost impossible. He may recover from a cut in the gizzard but that will depend on the severity of the injury.
For minor superficial wounds(muscles), give your rooster about 10 pecks of fruit, like an orange or an apple, 5 hours after the fight.
Withold food and water for 1 day for a rooster with major superficial wounds(deep cut in the muscles). Fruits may be given the following day.
A special food for the wounded bird is a combination of fruit(apple), lactobacilli(power pak) & cereal(cerelac) that you mix togther in a blender. Give 20gms of this mixture in a claypot. Once he enjoys pecking the semi-solid food, he will lick the claypot clean.
We have to remember that protein is needed for recovery.
Our wounded bird may have lossed a lot of blood. Give him B Complex with Iron.
I have observed that after a fight, cockers just leave their wounded winners in the cage and deprive them of nutritious food. The bird's weight will dramatically drop and he becomes feather weight. Cockers fail to realize how important it is to give our wounded birds nutritious food during the recovery period. They need a substantial amount of protein and fat to be able to recuperate from extreme weakness.

tjtcokngacademy
November 6th, 2006, 12:23 PM
From experience and my veterinary practice, I have learned that stimulants are administered according to their weight and their style of fighting. Shots, drops or pills are given a few minutes before the fight, several hours or just before heeling. It depends on the type of stimulant. There are what we call water-based drugs which are fast acting, and there are also oil-based drugs which are time-released. This means that the effects come after some time. Most of the time, drugs are given to slow movers and sluggish gamecocks to perk their senses. Rushers, manfighters and speedy gamecocks are not likely candidates and fowls which are agile and elusive, most especially those that wait for their opponent to charge should never be given stimulants. For very good chickens, all you need is good nutrition, a good keep, and enough rest for them to perform their best.

tjtcokngacademy
November 7th, 2006, 03:16 AM
Stimulants and drugs deceive the cocker. Instead of really appreciating the potentials of your fowl, using drugs mainly soothes your thirst for a win in the pit. After loosing several fight using a certain drug, you will most likely try to find another, more potent substance until you find yourself running out of sources and alternatives, and eventually realize that you have failed as a trainer. Better start it right and do it the correct way. Conditioning gamecocks require diligence, devotion and study.
Try to get a copy of my book "ON GAMECOCK CONDITIONING"

Kidd Sentencia
November 7th, 2006, 03:23 AM
Will you qualify Testosterone as an stimulant, Doc?

As I fully agree with your statements about stimulants and their use, which cock to use, and where never to use;)

tjtcokngacademy
November 7th, 2006, 04:34 AM
A stimulant is anything that temporarily arouses or accelerates physiological or organic activity while a hormone is a substanse formed by one organ and conveyed through their bloodstream, to function by means of it's chemical activity. So as not to be technical about it and start boring the viewers, let me explain it in laymans term.
Hormones acts upon the bodily systems of our fows.... such as muscle and tissue formation, and on the part of TESTOSTERONE, an increase in the secondary male characteristics. Therefore, hormones are needed for growth and aggressive behaviour of our roosters. It should be administered in series, to be effective or what you call "systemic accumulative effect."
Bottomline: You should know "when to give" and "when to stop, giving it". Observation would still be your best tool.

Kidd Sentencia
November 7th, 2006, 04:43 AM
Bingo! I now feel much better...thanks Doc, I knew there is none better to ask hard cocking questions than to you.

sweet&friendly
November 14th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Doc gud pm po up to when using ur brod cock at wath age he should retire?
thanks and god bless.......................

el_ganador
November 14th, 2006, 05:01 PM
gud day doc ted.. i'm breeding now.. what brand of vit. a,d&e injectble wud u prefer? and can you help me about they so called peste? my 6mos stag died.. here's d story, 1st day i noticed mdjo dark un dulo ng mga palong kla ko my sipon kya knulong ko at bngyan ng gmot(trisullak) 2nd day mdjo maitim prin palong at konti n lng kain.. prng mh hlak ng konti kya bngyan ko ng (doxylak) 3rd day ayw n kmain at pyat n xa puro tubig nlng gs2.. lgi inom ng inom, 4th day mahina at pyat n tlg nkaupo nlng at maitim n palong nya. 5th dau morning ptay n xa..white lquid ipot nya...sbi nung kpitbhay ko npeste dw un.. knttkot ko bka mhawa mga mnok ko ano ggwin ko doc pls help po... inalisan ko blahibo at tningnan loob nya wla nmn kkaiba s loob kso lang maitim katawn nya..skin at flesh..

top_signature
November 14th, 2006, 05:17 PM
doc,

musta na? is there a December Seminar?

thanks and regards,

lon051500
November 14th, 2006, 05:56 PM
doc gud pm po.i would just like to ask whats the difference of adenosinetriphosphate(ATP) and adenosinemonophosphate5(AMP5).???

partner888
November 14th, 2006, 08:11 PM
gud day doc, recently i was told by a local vet that i should limit my fowls in giving them pellets, one reason he said was that these fowls are birds and not pigs and they should be treated as a bird and not pigs. he wanted us to limit the pellets intake, i'm a bit confused. any comments doc? thanks.

tatodupaya
November 15th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Thanks A Lot Doc For Saving My Fave Broodcock. He's Ok Now Although I Don't Think It's Still Advisable To Use Him For Breeding. Hackfight Na Lang Siguro He He He

arch_adonis_rmp
November 15th, 2006, 02:03 PM
im glad sabong.net is back.

doc ask ko lang po sana what could i give to my broodcock and broodhen aside from vit E, A etc. thanks doc!

Hamulang
November 15th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Doc Teddy, I would like to know some info about "Spectinomycin", i.e., what is this for and how to use this drug?

Thanks

irenea
November 16th, 2006, 06:35 AM
TJT Cocking Academy is still waiting for activation. Once activated, Dr. Teddy Tanchanco will properly answer all your queries.
For those interested, these are the schedules for the next 3 months:
December 14 (Thur), 15 (Fri) & 16 (Sat)
January 11 (Thur), 12 (Fri) & 13 (Sat)
February 8 (Thur), 9 (Fri) & 10 (Sat)
You may call Dexter Guce at 09183067589 or Dr. Teddy Tanchanco at 09209506492 or 09165742427 for reservations and details.

irenea
November 16th, 2006, 02:16 PM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/batch12.jpg

Seated from left to right: Dexter Guce(Academy Registrar), Dr. Teddy Tanchanco(Academy Course Director), Manny Berbano(******** Magazine) & Ret. Gen. Restituto Mosqueda(RHAMM Gamefarm & Resort owner)

The list of names of the participants will follow.

irenea
November 16th, 2006, 02:56 PM
TJT Cocking Academy is still waiting for activation

OYIBO
November 18th, 2006, 11:15 PM
Doc Teddy,

Thanks for posting our pictures(Batch 12).

Joel

bryanskik
November 19th, 2006, 10:51 AM
hello good day doc ted ..its ben a long time that iv never join this thread....more power and god bless

joshdel2005
November 20th, 2006, 04:14 AM
Doc teddy hello, i just want to give you thanks for the achievement that we have this year of stag season my brother and my father are graduate of your academy i think the last batch in lipa batangas and they learn a lot from you, specially in breeding we produce 400 chicks last season 2005 &2006 and some of the stags we fought in the big league, and they give us good result, 2 MILLION OPEN 6 STAG DERBY AT ARANETA COLLISIUM AND SAN JUAN COL. OCT.10&12, 2006 we score 5 WINS and 1 LOSS combined entry of dsvbj gamefarm and d-guanga of olongapo thru my partnership with my goodfriend menandro sdballerz base in california, using dsvbj stags as condition by manong jimmy alisbo, we join also BIGBA in bikol 6 stag derby nov. 4&18, 2006 and we have also a good score 4 WINS and 2 LOSS MY brother MR.JOJIT JOVE and my father MR.ROGELIO JOVE conditions the stag following your 21 days conditioning method and its very effective, no stag is off with this method. thank you for helping all the sabungeros who wants to learn more about this sport. more power.

best regards
joshdel2005/wendel
DSVBJ GAMEFARM

irenea
November 20th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I'm very glad that you were able to produce a lot of cockerels this season, by simply following the TJT program. Thank you for being so appreciative and CONGRATULATIONS.......... for translating what you've learned from the academy into WINNINGS.

irenea
November 20th, 2006, 02:16 PM
OYIBO
brunaskik

It's good to be back! I am temporarily posting under this user name until such time that everything is fixed. My avatar is here and this means that 'game na tayo!'

irenea
November 20th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Our schedule for December is December 14 (Thur), 15 (Fri) & 16 (Sat). Hope you can make it!

irenea
November 20th, 2006, 03:48 PM
I'm very glad that you were able to produce a lot of cockerels this season by simply following the TJT program. Thank you for being so appreciative and CONGRATULATIONS.......... for translating what you've learned from the academy into WINNINGS.

top_signature
November 20th, 2006, 04:25 PM
doc,

paki pm yung bank account number where I can drop the fee at kung magkano ulit.

cheers!

Vernell V.
November 20th, 2006, 08:57 PM
welcome back doc ted ... congrats for your successful academy again... more power to you .. god bless ...

tatodupaya
November 20th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Congratulations din Doc coming from this end. Ang daming participants sa last batch niyo. Proof na maganda talaga ang turo sa Academy. I wish you more success Doc.

irenea
November 20th, 2006, 11:29 PM
It is a fact that young birds are fed with either mash/crumble/pellet feeding during the first 3 months of their life because their system is still unable to digest grains properly. As they mature, you gradually add grains in combination to your stag developer pellets. The proportion is increased every month until they reach 6 months wherein they can be fed with more grains. Therefore, as they become adults their diet would consist of 80% grains and 20 % pellet mixture. Let this be a guiding principle. By nature, birds need grains to enable their gizzard to perform its function. Lastly, I would like to give you the 3 important G’s to complete their dietary need:Grass, Grains, Grits.

jemayku
November 21st, 2006, 01:08 AM
Doc Ted,

Your book and vcd are very informative. I'm the guy who bought your book and vcd thru my cousin sisenando ebora from batangas when he went home for vacation. I just want to ask what is the replacement for Rubramin. you can PM me Doc.

Thanks,
Jemayku

irenea
November 21st, 2006, 04:25 AM
Nutritional deficiency is the most common cause of poor hatchability. Their needs for vitamins are very high at this time, especially Vitamin E which increases fertility and hatchability. It is also important to give B-complex shot injected intramuscularly twice a week for 5 consecutive weeks. I also mix a Vitamin/Mineral soluble in their water for 5 consecutive days every other 2 weeks. Adding Powerpak/Lactobacilli to their mixture will increase their protein intake and promotes good digestion. Provide oyster shell grits at all times.

tibong_75
November 21st, 2006, 08:58 AM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/dexter_0613/4cock_derby_small.jpg

tibong_75
November 21st, 2006, 09:58 AM
TJT COCKING ACADEMY'S PARTICIPANTS FOR 24 BATCHES

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/dexter_0613/graph_attndance-copy.jpg

irenea
November 21st, 2006, 02:46 PM
Hamulang on "Spectinomycin"
Spectinomycin is indicated for the treatment of bacterial & mycoplasmal pneumonia, bacterial enteritis, E. Coli infections & CRD (airsacculitis). The pureform powder can be mixed together with their feed for 7-10 days. It is also available in injectable form and the dosage should be given according to their weight and age. Try to visit the academy for proper consultation.

Hamulang
November 21st, 2006, 11:25 PM
Doc Teddy, thanks for the good advice on Spectinomycin. Anyway its very clear to me now and just recently, I've found a product (here in Saudi) which has an English instructions.

One more thing Doc, my caretaker informed me that one of our inbreed stag shows deep "blue-colored face" everytime it is subjected to a heavy sparring session. Would it be alright to utilize this stag as a broodcock for it carries the fighting characteristics that we desire for creating him as an inbreed?

Please advise...

Thank you so much Doc...

tjtcokngacademy
November 22nd, 2006, 04:39 PM
Before anything else, please take note that chickens have 7 air sacs......There is a strong possibility that your rooster got a serious respiratory ailment before. This may not have been treated properly and resulted to the congestion of some of his air sacs. Once an airsac is damaged, there will be difficulty in breathing. You may observe that your chicken is gasping for breath and would later be cyanotic (face turns blue). I do not recommend that you use him as a broodcock because he can serve as a carrier and a prerequisite for a broodcock is that he should be in tiptop health & condition.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/lungs.jpg

tjtcokngacademy
November 22nd, 2006, 05:04 PM
Before anything else, please take note that chickens have 7 air sacs......There is a strong possibility that your rooster got a serious respiratory ailment before and was not treated properly resulting to the congestion of his air sacs. Once an air sac is damage you will observe that your chicken will gasp for air (oxygen) and and would turn cyanotic (face turns blue). I do not recommend that you use him as a broodcock because he can serve as a carrier.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/lungs.jpg

tjtcokngacademy
November 23rd, 2006, 12:57 AM
FERTILITY DECREASES AS THE AGE OF THE COCK INCREASES
The productive life of a broodcock depends on how they were kept. The safest age would be between 5 to 6 years old. After 6 years, they would start to deteriorate & would end up.....having ‘tired genes’. I don’t want to be technical about it that’s why I simplified the word, for everyone to understand the concept. Prolonging their productive life depends on the owner and his ability to maintain their health by giving vitamins and supplements and following a systematic procedure.

PFG_DCB_FARM
November 23rd, 2006, 03:43 AM
Good Day Doc! I Have This Fowl...Everytime We Condation Him For A Fight. The 1st 3days Of Condationing He Would Not Eat Much Or Sometimes Would Not Even Touch His Food. Maybe Around Two Days Before The Fight..Then the Fowl Would It Normally, Again. This Only Happen Everytime We Fight Him. Thanks God, Because Everytime He Wins, Too!

P.S. What Advise Can You Give Us...Thanks Again:-)

Vernell V.
November 23rd, 2006, 10:07 AM
doc ted,

is it ok to give 1 tablet daily for my broodhens who are laying eggs or maybe i should give them 1 tablet every other day? I also give them vitamins A,D, E in there water. Injecting them .3ml of complexor 3000 twice a week ... hindi ba sila ma overdose sa binibigay kong vitmanis?

good day doc and to my fellow cockmates

ulokandiaMaster
November 23rd, 2006, 11:32 AM
Doc Teddy, whats best with this drug? best suited and treatment on what kinds of viruses or diseases on our birds? Is this drug effective in also treating birds colds and other related cold symptoms? Hope you can expound further..Thank you >>>>

http://www.qcsupply.com/ProductImages/540345LG.JPG

[3rd]
November 23rd, 2006, 09:13 PM
Hi doc,
I have longed followed this thread and i have picked up a lot of useful tips. I have read that your drug of choice for treatment of respiratory problems is ceporex. I some birds though with halak that does not seem to get cured. Would giving ceporex still be advisable if i have already administered terramycin LA injectable? Although the bird has halak, he has a good apetite and he does not lose weight but still, its quite a nuisance. Thanks for your help.

tjtcokngacademy
November 25th, 2006, 09:40 AM
It is okay to give your water soluble vitamin ADE for 5-7 consecutive days every other two weeks as your maintenance dose. When it comes to your complexor injectable, i suggest that you position it once a week (.5cc IM) for 5 consecutive weeks then stop, to avoid iron overdose.

Vernell V.
November 25th, 2006, 10:49 AM
thanks doc ted for you reply ... more power and have a nice day ;)

reyes23
November 25th, 2006, 11:08 AM
hi doc,
i need your advice on a disease i have in my backyard.the symptoms are ruffled feathers,pale faces,they act weak,and the feathers just pull of real easy(i mean really easy)

i also have another pullet that has cheeselike sore on her tounge and roof of her mouth,one side of her face is swollen,has a watery eye with bubbles,and has problems breathing.

im a beginner with a world of problems with diseases any advice would greatly be appreciated

thanks

tjtcokngacademy
November 25th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Although you follow the same keep, maintain a regular routine and have a feeding program, you sometimes get surprises. It is imperative that you analyze and treat each bird individually especially on the last 3 days because this is a critical period and many things can happen...Iyan ang hiwaga ng sabong!

tjtcokngacademy
November 25th, 2006, 08:42 PM
Although we follow the same keep, maintain a regular routine and have a steady feeding program, we have to analyze and treat each bird individually during the last 3 days because many things can happen during this critical period.

jlbs72
November 25th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Doc Teddy,

Do i need to stop giving B-complex after 5 consecutive weeks kahit na once a week lang ako magbigay ?

tjtcokngacademy
November 26th, 2006, 02:35 AM
You can give B-complex on a weekly basis (either injectable or oral) without any fear of getting overdosed. It differs from B-complex with iron combination because chickens don't have the mechanism to excrete excess iron in their body. That's the reason why i limit on their iron intake.

tjtcokngacademy
November 26th, 2006, 02:42 AM
Spectam is a broad spectrum antibiotic that can easily treat various respiratory and digestive problems. Spectinomycin is only effective against bacterial diseases and not for viral diseases.

ulokandiaMaster
November 26th, 2006, 03:01 AM
salamat po doc teddy

jlbs72
November 26th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Thanks doc teddy !

tjtcokngacademy
November 27th, 2006, 06:08 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/SyllabusAd.jpg

filamforks
November 27th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Hi Doc Teddy,
What causes the formation of foul smelling earwax and what would be the best treatment for this. Thanks

filamforks

tjtcokngacademy
November 28th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Possible reasons are fungal infection or it can also be a result of a traumatic injury caused by sparring (was hit in the ear region). You need to give your rooster an ear medication like DEXORYL or MYCOSTATIN. You can also use human preparation medication containing Gentamycin drops. Manual cleaning of the ear is also important and the procedure is best shown when you attend the academy cause explaining it in this thread might only confuse you.

Superboy
November 28th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Hi Doc,

Are you still accepting participants for the upcoming TJT cocking academy this DEC 14,15, 16? if so can you please provide details of this event for we are interested sending my brother at this scheduled date.

P.S.

kindly include methods of payment as i am currently living overseas.

Thank you

tjtcokngacademy
November 28th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Yes, we are still accepting reservation for our Dec 14-15-16 hands-on seminar. I suggest that you make your remittance via Bank of Philippine Islands, as early as possible so that i can still monitor your remittance because i'll be very busy next week preparing for the academy. I'l be sending you a PM for the details. Thank you for your trust and i would guarantee that your father and brother would surely learn and enjoy their entire 3-day stay with me.

John Omana
November 28th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Doc - How are you? What is your schedule for January 2007. I am going on vacation this December and I might have a chance to attend if you can let me know your schedule.

tjtcokngacademy
November 28th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Experience live Chicken Talk on December 14,15,16 at TJT Cocking Academy!
TJT Cocking Academy conducts a farm-based course using the hands-on approach of learning. Everything pertaining to cocking is discussed indepthly from the day they were hatched up to the day when they will be released in the pit.
The first day is focused on learning the basics of breeding; the systematic way of rearing them healthy; and most importantly, they would learn the proven treatment of common poultry diseases. The proper procedure on how to administer the vaccines and the application of various medications and practical remedies are shown to the students. The uniqueness of the Academy is that we don't engage in product endorsements. Rest assured that the medicines that will be recommended are proven and effective.
The second day is all about conditioning which will be discussed in detail by myself, through actual demos, on feeding, training, exercise(worktable) including the best medication that will put them, ON POINT. We round up the day, with more chicken talk during our cocktails.
Our last day, is focused on "what to do on fight day". And to complete the course, we included gaffing lessons, under the supervision of competent gaffing instructors. Late in the afternoon, we have the graduation rites. This culminating activity enables the students to feel the honor of graduating from our prestigious cocking school. Aside from imparting knowledge, the Academy's main goal is to produce honorable and respectable cockers.
http://72.232.193.182/forum/images/theme01/statusicon/user_invisible.gif

filamforks
November 29th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Thank you much Doc for the response on my inquiry. Is Mycostatin in pill form, or an oral suspension? Have a nice one.

filamforks

tjtcokngacademy
November 29th, 2006, 09:20 AM
We are still accepting participants for this coming Dec. 14, 15 & 16. You may remit your payment on line through Bank of the Philippine Islands. I will send you an email with all the details on the mode of payment. Rest assured, I will take care of your brother and your father.

tjtcokngacademy
November 29th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Our schedule for January is January 11, 12 & 13. See you in the Academy, amigo!

tjtcokngacademy
November 29th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Experience live Chicken Talk on December 14,15,16 at TJT Cocking Academy!
TJT Cocking Academy conducts a farm-based course using the hands-on approach of learning. Everything pertaining to cocking is discussed indepthly from the day they were hatched up to the day when they will be released in the pit.
The first day is focused on learning the basics of breeding; the systematic way of rearing them healthy; and most importantly, they would learn the proven treatment of common poultry diseases. The proper procedure on how to administer the vaccines and the application of various medications and practical remedies are shown to the students. The uniqueness of the Academy is that we don't engage in product endorsements. Rest assured that the medicines that will be recommended are proven and effective.
The second day is all about conditioning which will be discussed in detail by myself, through actual demos, on feeding, training, exercise(worktable) including the best medication that will put them, ON POINT. We round up the day, with more chicken talk during our cocktails.
Our last day, is focused on "what to do on fight day". And to complete the course, we included gaffing lessons, under the supervision of competent gaffing instructors. Late in the afternoon, we have the graduation rites. This culminating activity enables the students to feel the honor of graduating from our prestigious cocking school. Aside from imparting knowledge, the Academy's main goal is to produce honorable and respectable cockers.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/Decemberad5x7.jpg

tjtcokngacademy
November 30th, 2006, 05:57 AM
Your hen is suffering from a so called malabsorption syndrome. Various signs might be anticipated from poor absorption of nutrients. For example, stunting or uneven growth, lameness, poor feathering, crop bound, poorly digested food in the intestine and diarrhea.
Antibiotic therapy should have been done before and successive bacterial flushing should have been programmed to contain the problem.

reyes23
November 30th, 2006, 09:05 AM
doc,

what disease causes one side of face swollen ,cheese-like sores inside mouth and down the throat,watery eye ,weight loss.
after a few days slimy stuff drools down mouth

guapo
November 30th, 2006, 12:23 PM
gud doc, just want to ask you 'bout my 7 month old cock, he just lost his voice and he began to pant heavily..hes face becomes black when he exert some force..ive tried several antibiotic but he still continue to suffer this respiratory problem..hoping for your advices..tnx doc

tjtcokngacademy
November 30th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Thank you for following this thread and I am glad that you were able to pick up a lot of useful tips.
You mentioned that your bird has halak and you have given him antibiotics. Aside from antibiotic therapy, there are other procedures that can treat the halak. One is to clear the windpipe of excessive mucus. This procedure is best explained through actual demo in the Academy.

tjtcokngacademy
December 1st, 2006, 08:46 AM
Canker can develop after a cut or sore on the mouth (inside beak) or can also result after a 'peck fight". The infected chicken will have a foul-smelling liquid drooling from the mouth, watery discharges from the eye is noticable and will lose weight rapidly. Canker deep in the throat can obstruct the upper digestive passage and would result to suffocation. The cut or sore would allow the protozoa to multiply causing a cheese-like button or sometimes would look like a cauliflower.The protozoa is found in stagnant water, spoiled feed, moldy litter associated with unsanitary conditions. Treatment is still possible if the lesion is just starting to grow. You can give Flagyl tablet (mercury drug store) daily for 1 week. You can call me for the right procedure as i do not want to complicate matters because i was misunderstood. Remember that aside from Canker, we can also suspect "Wet Pox" and it's hard to tell the difference between the two, especially for beginners.

ccmalaga8
December 1st, 2006, 09:12 AM
Gud Am Doc, I would like to inquiry where can I buy your book titled "ON GAMECOCK CONDITIONING" ? Is this book of yours can be found in any National Bookstore ?

reyes23
December 1st, 2006, 10:52 AM
doc,

thanks for responding.how can i tell if its canker or wet pox?

tjtcokngacademy
December 1st, 2006, 03:10 PM
It would help if you could send me a photo of the actual lesion (close-up picture) then I can tell you what it is.

tjtcokngacademy
December 1st, 2006, 03:29 PM

You may order my book (400PHP) & video(750PHP), On Gamecock Conditioning, directly through me. Kindly text/call +639209506492/+639165742427 for details on shipping charges and how to remit your payment.
The book is also available in all Cockhouse Corp. outlets, Progressive Poultry Supply and National Bookstore.

tjtcokngacademy
December 2nd, 2006, 05:13 AM
It would be hard at this stage to treat your broodcock, as you have tried all sorts of medication. Part of my answer is already written on page 10 and #97 of this thread. It would be wise to do a sensitivity testing on your broodcock so as not to guess on the right antibiotic.

Leo Martin Miso
December 2nd, 2006, 08:51 AM
good ay to you doc,

i've learned so much from you doc, infact i'm applying your tips in my gamefowl management....so just like to ask additional tips on how to reduce the wt. of our gamecock but maintaining his fullbodied structure, and is there a minimum daily fluid requirements for our gamecocks.

thanks in advance doc. and more power to you and to our academy.

tjtcokngacademy
December 2nd, 2006, 05:09 PM
Since you don’t want them to drop drastically, there are 2 ways to do it. First, you may give the conditioning feed mixture written in my book but give it as dry (not soaked). Or, you can stick to giving your own mixture but cut it in half and add dry jockey oats. Assuming you are giving 2 tablespoons/feeding, this means you give 1 tablespoon of the regular ration and you add 1 tablespoon dry jockey oats. The only supplement that you can give is tomato juice, to maintain their moisture.

If the rooster has too much gut fat (sapola), it would be simpler if you put him in a large pen, together with a hen, and throw dry feeding in the ground for 10 days.

You will notice that his weight would drop within a week or so. Remember to monitor his weight as well as his feel so that you would know when to stop and put him back on his regular diet.

tjtcokngacademy
December 2nd, 2006, 05:15 PM
Since you don’t want them to drop drastically, there are 2 ways to do it. First, you may give the conditioning feed mixture written in my book but give it as dry (not soaked). Or, you can stick to giving your own mixture but cut it in half and add dry jockey oats. Assuming you are giving 2 tablespoons/feeding, this means you give 1 tablespoon of the regular ration and you add 1 tablespoon dry jockey oats. The only supplement that you can give is tomato juice, to maintain their moisture.

If the rooster has too much gut fat (sapola), it would be simpler if you put him in a large pen, together with a hen, and throw dry feeding in the ground for 10 days.

You will notice that his weight would drop within a week or so. Remember to monitor his weight as well as his feel so that you would know when to stop and put him back to his regular diet.

Leo Martin Miso
December 2nd, 2006, 08:04 PM
doc TJT,
thank you very much for the prompt reply to my question, it is greatly appreciated.

tjtcokngacademy
December 3rd, 2006, 09:06 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/4cock_derby_small.jpg

tjtcokngacademy
December 3rd, 2006, 02:00 PM
Generally, we do limbering a few minutes before the fight in order for you to observe their behaviour. The cocks general attitude should be noticed. Allow him to adjust his sight with the light and cool down. While limbering, give special attention to their droppings. This is the time you will be able to observe fully the moisture in them and be prepared to do some troubleshooting, just in case you detected a "bad sign". Some cocks do not move their bowels if they are caged, so limbering might be their only opportunity to drop.
RULE OF THUMB: "IT IS BETTER TO LIMBER THEM OFTEN ESPECIALLY ON FIGHT DAY, THAN HAVING AN UNDER-LIMBERED ROOSTER BEFORE FIGHT TIME"

asiot
December 3rd, 2006, 02:02 PM
doc ted, whats a good electrolyte supplements na available dyan sa PI na effective and affordable? any recommendation salamat po doc.

asiot
December 3rd, 2006, 03:01 PM
follow up lang doc, i mean electrolyte in powder form na effective and affordable, salamat doc

tjtcokngacademy
December 4th, 2006, 09:04 AM
The following are the best and cost effective electrolytes that are locally available:
1. Electrogen soluble powder (available in poultry supply)
2. Poltrivite soluble powder (available in poutry supply)
3. Hydrite Tablet (available in Mercury Drug Store)
Note: As to the dilution, follow the manufacturer's direction.
This is to be give for 5-7 consecutive days, especially during periods
of stress.

tjtcokngacademy
December 4th, 2006, 09:19 AM
The following are the best and cost effective electrolytes that are locally available:
1. Electrogen soluble powder (available in poultry supply)
2. Poltrivite soluble powder (available in poutry supply)
3. Hydrite Tablet (available in Mercury Drug Store)
Note: As to the dilution, follow the manufacturer's direction.
This is to be given for 5-7 consecutive days, especially during periods of stress.

bunguton
December 4th, 2006, 10:08 AM
doc ted i am planning to vaccinate my chickens with GUMBOBO this month sa rason na uso po ngayon dito sa amin ang sakit na manok baka po mahawa cla... my problem is i have 4 hen now laying eggs.
then ilang months pong immunity ng manok para sa sakit tapos kong nabakunahan ng mga vaccines....then it is advisable to vaccinized all of them again with B1B1 oras na 7-days old na po iyong mga hindi pa hatch na sisiw?

asiot
December 4th, 2006, 10:39 AM
Thanks, doc ted for the the info, appreciate it.

tjtcokngacademy
December 4th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Since there is a Gumboro outbreak in your area, it is best to protect them through vaccination.
Regarding your second question, I need to know the clinical history of your farm. I suggest that you consult me personally so that we can avoid mistakes........ better yet, visit me in the Academy!

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/1st_spread_leftside.jpg

To save time and money, let us give importance to proper eductaion because cocking knowledge is an advantage.

asiot
December 5th, 2006, 01:53 AM
doc ted, have a broodcock that lacks aggressiveness to top his paired hen? he is around year and a half but seems he lacks some desire to mate his paired hen; have given him vitamin medications like vit. e and others including b12 once in every 2 weeks but still to no avail..what is your advice in order to stimulate his sexual desires?

INCUBUS06
December 5th, 2006, 03:56 AM
have you tried wheat germ ?

tjtcokngacademy
December 5th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Vit. E (wheat germ oil or meal) should be supplied in adequate amounts, to our broodstocks during breeding season.
Testosterone shot can also be given, to improve breeding performance and sexual aggresiveness.

godfather
December 5th, 2006, 02:15 PM
i have this winner cock, finished molting already and as my trainor condition him for this coming derby, he observed one afternoon it failed to finish the feeds given.. then the trainor observed and reported to me na may "almuranas". what is the best mangement for this?

asiot
December 5th, 2006, 02:24 PM
doc ted, what kind/brand of testosterone injectable that you can recommend that is effective yet affordable? thanks in advance

tjtcokngacademy
December 5th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Please send a close-up picture of the vent area so that i can help you. Just don't wanna guess because it can be a case of.... prolapse, hernia or anal infection.

tjtcokngacademy
December 6th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Testosterone propionate 1000mcg/ml would be the best but if you can't get it, MEEB would do. It should be given intramuscularly .5cc once a week for 5 consecutive weeks.

maxell
December 6th, 2006, 07:17 PM
doc ted

gud luck po sa coming na derby nyo i hope dami ang sasali po sa derby. at doc my tanong po akoh sainyo kc po sa panahon ngaun ,edyo my kalamigan nah at sa tpee ko lng po kc nilalagay ang mga manok koh nah kinocondition koh, my posively po b nah magkasipon sila dahil sa hamog? o masmagandang gawin? at my tanong pah po me doc kc i have a streat comb nah manok bkt ng inalisan na nmn ng comb eh bigla syang nanghina sa sparing! ano kaya ngyari sa manok koh. at ano magandang gawin para bumalik agad ang lakas nya.

T.Y po DOC Teddy =)

maxell
December 6th, 2006, 07:20 PM
hi doc Teddy
ano poh magandang ibigay o ipainum nah gamot para sa maniok nah my sugat pagkatapos ng laban. at ano magandang ibigay kapag ang manok i my halak...

tjtcokngacademy
December 7th, 2006, 03:42 AM
Medication for "wounded winners"
1) Penicillin shot (Ampicin inj. 250) should be given right after Surgery. I prefer giving "injectables" because they are readily absorbed and the effect is faster...... I inject .5cc intramuscularly to both chest (total of 1cc)...... daily for 3-4 days.

2) Scarlet oil (Red Kote) or betadine is applied externally...... every other 4 days.
3) To stop bleeding....i give Hemostan 500 caps. (mercury drug) or Blood Seal Tablet (poultry supply)......for 1-2 days.
4) To promote "good circulation" and "RBC" . Inject (.5cc IM) Bexan XP or Complexor or Belamyl........ twice a week for 3 consecutive weeks.

gamecock96
December 7th, 2006, 05:36 AM
Doc,
kamusta na kayo? May 2 kaming manok na parang humina ang kalahati ng katawan, parang na stroke tapos eh pumayat din. Tapos ginamot lang namin ng antibiotics at unti unting bumigat at umayos ang lakad pero ang pakpak nya eh limited na ang buka at masakit sa end or range pag iniistretch/ Do u have any idea kung anong sakit yun. Pareho pa naman silang winner.

Al

rapido7
December 7th, 2006, 05:42 AM
Doc ted,
dapat din po ba nakababad ang lalaki sa mga inahen? Ksama nila sa kulungan?

reyes23
December 7th, 2006, 09:07 AM
should i be concerned about light brown watery droppings?
besides this they eat fine

godfather
December 7th, 2006, 09:43 AM
doc,
as i got your suggestion and when i about to take picture of the vent, we saw that its ok na, wala nang almuranas... medyo gumaan sya kasi di sya makaubos ng pagkain... pero ok na sya, he is back in cord...probably give him 1 month and try to condition him again.. thanks and more power.

yashku
December 7th, 2006, 12:32 PM
gud pm doc,

any idea how to enhance cocks endurance?
what would be the best meds to give?

thank you and more power...

tjtcokngacademy
December 7th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Can you please re-post your other question in usapang manok kasi mas maganda kung doon ko ito sasagutin. Congratulation nga pala at muntik mo ma-champion yung THIRD LEG NG LGBA 5 stag derby sa araneta coliseum.

ol-ol-paol
December 8th, 2006, 01:05 AM
doc teddy, have 2 cocks that have a pale face " maputla" in them >>> cock # 1 after moulting then the problem started to surface no matter how we give him vitamins (eg. iron, b12 inj. and etc... ganon parin to date, he is not weak at all ), he dont have any signs of colds and have not been sick just wondering what is happening >>>>cock # 2 he got sick this week with somewhat have a fever or something but we medicated him with antibiotic and is in the process of recovery BUT what we have noticed that his face is somewhat pale , dunno maybe it was the effect of the anti-biotic drugs given in him or something...so this cause me alarm, so would ask your advice on what might be happening and any effective medication can help eradicate this problem...thank you in advance

tjtcokngacademy
December 8th, 2006, 07:17 AM
ololpaol on Anemia

Anemia is a condition where the blood is deficient of red blood cells. The bird turns pale in the face, lacks energy, loses weight making him a "useless bird." Anemia can be caused by many conditions: Diseases, Vit. B-complex deficiency, parasitism, extreme blood loss due to previous battle, and inadequate nutrients and minerals. Vit B-complex is given twice a month and should be part of their maintenance.
Antibiotics such as Chloromycetin can cause "blood dyscrasia of the bone marrow" Always remember, that prolong use (over a week) of Antibiotic can depress the bone marrow. The Red Blood Cell is manufactured in the bone marrow and is composed mainly of iron, B-12 and protein. An important part of the RBC is the part that makes it red in color, and this is called hemoglobin.

rollimacatol on "self-cannibalism"
Try applying pine tar, directly to the wound, 10 times a day until he breaks the habit. The most practical solution is to bandage (Leukoplast) the beak together....removing it, only during feeding time.

gamecock96
December 8th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Doc,
May tip ba kayo sa tanong ko??

Al

ol-ol-paol
December 8th, 2006, 07:45 AM
Thanks doc teddy for the info

bunguton
December 8th, 2006, 08:52 AM
doc Ted,

ano po ba ang kulay ng ipot na normal(healthy bird) kasi sa aking manok po kulay greenish white na buo.

thanks po

tjtcokngacademy
December 8th, 2006, 09:42 PM
PAALALA: Sana kung kayo ay magkokonsulta, ukol sa inyong mga Sugatang Panabong, nagrerequest ako na ibigay itong 3 importanteng detalye:

sight of the wound

the severity of the wound

the depth of the wound

In order for me to understand the nature of his disability.
May malaking posibilidad na ang iyong 'winners' ay nasugatan and the wound was tightly sutured. The tightness would lead to atrophy of the muscle (shrinking) and it has hampered the bloodflow to the wing area.

tjtcokngacademy
December 8th, 2006, 10:05 PM
The broodcock's semen can survive in the female's reproductive tract for 72 hours. You don't have to keep them together for one whole day because one mating can fertilize any egg that was laid within the 3 day period.
It would be safe to put them together every other day either early in the morning or late in the afternoon because this is the time when they are sexually active.

bebs espinosa
December 9th, 2006, 12:14 AM
doc,

just want to ask a few questions, what do you think is the best drug for bacterial flushing specially its rainy season? is it done after rainy season or mnthly basis?....can i do the deworming with bacterial flushing together?.... thanks!

tjtcokngacademy
December 11th, 2006, 09:59 AM
First of all, the principle behind bacterial flushing is to clean the system of any bacteria brought about by stress. Doing it monthly or once every 2 months depends on the health status of your farm. It should defintely be done right after the rainy season and the drug of choice is Ampicin 250 mg capsule or Ceporex 250mg capsule........It is alright to deworm & do bacterial flushing at the same time.

bunguton
December 11th, 2006, 12:30 PM
doc,
ano po ang kulay ng ipot kung ang manok ay healthy?

tjtcokngacademy
December 11th, 2006, 01:04 PM
The answer to your query can be found in my book and video, "On Gamecock Conditioning". There is a chapter All About Droppings (page 28) and another chapter on Pointing & Trouble Shooting (page 54) with an illustrated chart of droppings. Not only can the book & video answer your question, it can also give you lots of tips and remedies.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/droppings.jpg

maxell
December 12th, 2006, 01:49 PM
to doc teddy

do baka sasali me sa pa derby nyo na 4 cocks derby kung sakasakali nah d mgsabay ung isang entry namin. at sa jan. 26 b un.

asiot
December 12th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Doc, meron akong manok na ang mukha nya nag ye-yellowish, the other week meron syang parang lagnat pero binagyan na namin ng gamot antibiotic amoxcillin 250mg. caps for 5 days mukhang okey na sya pero mahina parin konti kumain, ang concern ko lang doc itong nag ye-yellowish ang mukha nya kumbaga sa tao jaundice kaya ito? ano po kaya ang problema nya doc at kong anong dapit kong gawin at tamang gamot para malutas itong sakit na ito; salamat doc

chokie
December 12th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Doc, regarding the limbering before the fight. wat if u see any irregularities of the moisture(either dry or wet) of the rooster.Would it be advisesable to correct the moisture even the fight is about to come, if dry, give some water or wet give some corn or pellets. Hope you can any info regarding this problem of mine

PFG_DCB_FARM
December 13th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Thank You Doc:-)

tjtcokngacademy
December 14th, 2006, 06:45 AM
It's hard for me to guess as to what disease has inflicted your bird but definitely the liver is badly damaged as indicated by the jaundice. Massive dose of B Complex is indicated and as to what antibiotic to give, please call me---09165742427.

tjtcokngacademy
December 14th, 2006, 06:55 AM
It's hard for me to guess as to what disease had affected your bird but definitely the liver is badly damaged as indicated by the jaundice. Massive doses of B Complex is indicated and as to what antibiotic to give, please call me---09165742427.

bebs espinosa
December 14th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Doc,

thanks alot!......ive now corrected the previous mistake, you are of great help.

merry christmas and happy new year, mabuhay kayo..

tjtcokngacademy
December 14th, 2006, 01:00 PM
You can still correct their moisture, if they're WET.... by giving few pieces of dry corn or pellets but if they are too DRY, i suggest that you give them bananas or egg white to replace the moisture.... rather than giving them water as this would make your roosters, "sluggish" on fight time. The reason requires a lengthy discussion as it depends on the bird's actual "FEEL" and the prevailing situation in your cockhouse. These are the kind of questions, i love to answer... during the open forum in the academy.

bryanskik
December 16th, 2006, 01:44 PM
doc ted gud day po....tanong kolang po ksi may manok po ako na nag luluha ang mata...naag bigay napo ako ng atibiotic but it sims d paren na wala...so i think baka worm ito so nag deworm po ako but still anjan parin....wla naman pong signs na may sipon...ano po ang gagawim ko doc...may worm kaya ang mata nya?thnx and god bless u alwaysss

tjtcokngacademy
December 17th, 2006, 02:16 AM
Watery eyes can be a sign, that he had a history of a respiratory disease... or it can also be a sign of an EYE WORM infestation. Bryanskik, you have to understand, that EYE WORM, can not be eradicated with deworming pill alone. You have to be... specific with your treatment (OXY-RID DROPS) and it should be administered, directly into the affected eye.

tjtcokngacademy
December 17th, 2006, 10:28 AM
WHAT: TJT Cocking Academy- A Farm Based Course

WHEN: January 11 (Thur), 12 (Fri) & 13 (Sat)

WHERE: RHAMM Gamefarm, Alfonso, Cavite

WHO TO CONTACT: Dexter Guce at +639178807362; +639178730204 or +639183067589
Dr. Teddy Tanchanco at +639165742427 or +639209506492

FEE: P7,500.00 inclusive of board & lodging for 2 nights & 3 days

MEETING PLACE: Tagaytay Rotonda, ChowKing

Sotangbastos
December 17th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Doc Teddy, ano kayang sakit to? Last Oct meron akong mga 6 na nasa keep na biglang na cropbound. yun 5 naka recover pero may isa na pumayat ng pumayat at sabi ng utol ko masyadong naging tuyo ang katawan kaya pinapatay ko na lang. Ano sa palagay nyo?

kogmohon
December 17th, 2006, 11:23 PM
bryanskik...umiyak lang yan dahill miss na miss yong kanyang pullet...

Leo Martin Miso
December 18th, 2006, 12:08 PM
doc TJT,
can i ask for tips on how to maintain the fullbody confirmation of my gamecock? coz i noticed that as the *****day is getting nearer, the breast muscles of my gamecock is diminishing, making the breast bone more prominent. so what would be the possible causes of this?...... thank you in advance and merry christmas to you and to your family....

tjtcokngacademy
December 20th, 2006, 11:13 AM
kogmohon

Thank you for making this thread lively....Merry Christmas!

Leo Martin Miso

This is a very interesting question. Moisture plays an important role in putting them in their right FEEL on fight day. The carbo loading technique helps them achieve the firm musculature(feel), in order to give them the important "snap to cut deep".
In my case, although I want them to be firm, I don't want them to be too tight. I prefer them a little lose so that they can throw their legs properly because if they are too tight, they won't cut accurately (cut short).
The details are best discussed and explained in the Academy where I make the students feel the difference between a rooster that is too tight compared to a rooster that is on the wet(loose)side.
There are other factors that can contribute to achieving the right feel but it would require a lengthy discussion.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/Worktable.jpg

The hands on approach to learning enables the students to comprehend the concepts & procedures during the 3 day session.

sunblade68
December 20th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Doc, gud am ask ko lang what is best and most effective broad spectrum antibiotic against bacterial and viral diseases based on your experience from sisiw/stag/until cocks.

bebs espinosa
December 20th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Doc,

ive observe that alot of handlers give 2dips of water before healing and i use to do this too with brown sugar on it ....does it affect may rooster at fight time? or should i stop doing it cause its not necessary? the reason behind for me is to clear the passage b4 the figth starts, but im worried that it might make him wet and sluggish...

Leo Martin Miso
December 21st, 2006, 04:44 PM
doc TJT,
thank you very much for the reply.... i really wanted to attend the academy but distance is the hindrance. is there any posibility doc that your academy will be brought back in cebu?

tjtcokngacademy
December 22nd, 2006, 06:08 AM
Sometimes, trainers encounter what we call the crop-bound chicken while conditioning. The cock will refuse feeds and mope in one corner of the cage with feathers ruffled. If you feel the crop, it is full and hard, while the feces are small and whitish. This means that something must be blocking the digestive system and that the feeds are not passed from the crop to the gizzard and the intestines. You either use a catheter to vacate the crop(as shown in the vcd) or you have to withhold his feed until he empties his crop. Otherwise, the fowl will die of food poisoning.

Factors that lead to the crop-bound chicken:
Molds and fungi in the feeds cause the production of alfatoxins and mycotoxins in the crop. The feed in the crop becomes sour. Choose feeds that are fresh, alfatoxin-free and clean.
Lack of grits makes it difficult for the gizzard to break down the feeds.
Lack of water is another cause of crop-binding. Water should always be present all throughout the day. It is merely regulated and closely monitored during pointing.Based on my experience, let me give you a common scenario in the farm. When our farmhands lack the proper supervision, some ‘small’ details are neglected like allowing left over feeds to sit for days within the reach of the rooster. The unsanitary practice and the errors in the feeding management are the root and main cause of the problem.
Sometimes we look for the best medication to give for this problem but the solution is to reassess the feeding practice and take the necessary steps to achieve a good system.

Bayblade
December 22nd, 2006, 12:04 PM
Doc Teddy,

Hello Doc, thank you very much for having a VCD&Book gamecock conditioning I've learned a lot and my two handler STEVE NARANJO & RANDY ENREQUEZ Batch 4 TAGAYTAy.We follow the same keep regular routine,espicially the feedings works verygood, last Dec.11 Agoo la union 2 cock derby two entry 4 win o loss. and more hack figth we have a good outcome. thank you doc.

I follow the same routine here also in california aim very much happy.

Thank You.... DOC and more power to you!

Sotangbastos
December 23rd, 2006, 08:11 AM
Doc Teddy thanks for your response....MERRY X'MAS to you and your love ones, hopefully one of this day a can send one of my farm boy to your seminar.. My small farm is in Alfonso and your always welcome to visit when you have time. Just ask any sabungero in town for Joel's palce...thanks again

tjtcokngacademy
December 23rd, 2006, 12:32 PM
Bayblade

CONGRATULATIONS! You've got the keep.

Sotangbastos

TJT Cocking Academy's farm venue is in Alfonso, Cavite. Given the proximity of your farm to the venue (see the map below), I'll be expecting your farm hand soon. Once he has joined the Academy it would be easier for me to visit your farm.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/dexter_0613/scan2.jpg

tjtcokngacademy
December 26th, 2006, 09:36 PM
CONGRATULATIONS Manny Hega, graduate of TJT Cocking Academy!
Keep on winning.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/MannyHegaChampion.jpg

tjtcokngacademy
December 27th, 2006, 04:28 AM
:)MERRY CHRISTMAS
&
A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!:rolleyes:

The Academy would welcome January with a bang!!!

Our first class for January will experience a different format because after the 3 day session, the students would be given the opportunity to apply what they learned in TJT Cocking Academy's 1st Open derby to be held at the Roligon on January 27, 2007. This derby is open to all Academy graduates as well as non-Academy graduates.

tjtcokngacademy
December 27th, 2006, 02:11 PM
TJT Cocking Academy PROUDLY CONGRATULATES Jason Garces (Cebu batch) of "GARCES BRO'S-RCL COMBINE" entry, for scoring 8 WINS & 1 Loss to be the sole runner-up in the recently concluded Bakbakan National 9 Stag Derby 2006.
What was ironic was it was his 1st time to join such a prestigious event. It took him 3 years to reach this achievement. During his first year, he concentrated on building his farm and setting his broodyard from the stocks of Bebot Uy. A year later, he joined the Academy and adapted the TJT way of rearing. What was good about this guy was he used the conditioning formula starting from the hardening stage till maturity. This gave him an advantage over the others because his roosters were able to develop the right musculature fit for a competition like this.

Leo Martin Miso
December 27th, 2006, 04:57 PM
doc TJT
i really want to purchase your VCD & book on proper conditioning method doc, I saw it at National Bookstore before, but they ran out of stock...... so where can I buy it?

jsongarces503
December 27th, 2006, 05:11 PM
doc, good day to you,, its me your fast learner student- jayson garces.. thanks for the wonderful day youve given us during our seminar here in cebu last may 28-30, 2006.. its our pleasure cebuano, at ikaw pa ang pumunta dito.. hehe.. ive learned a lot from you, ive been breeding for 2yrs. from now, and i must say that money we pay from your seminar is very very worth, i must say a good investment to know someone like you.. i didnt expect to have a score that way 8wins out of 9stag.. and to think my opponent like jun pe, cano daniel of zamboanga are veteran in this endeavor, i did what ive learned from you and to my surprise my stag perform impressively all, theres no short cut in handling from chicks to the pit.. all it takes is hard work in a right way.. again thanks.. right now i have about 300-400stag ready for national bullstag w/c will be held at the araneta soon... lets.. get it on..... merry xmas to you doc... doc, by the way i have a picture the two of us.. ill send it to you next day... salamat doc.. mabuhay tjt

jaypads
December 27th, 2006, 08:00 PM
hi doc,
bought your book on conditioning 2 yrs ago but until now i can't find any outlet selling scarlet. i tried looking for the oil of olay but theres a lot of categories e.g. for dry skin, moisturizers ... in the end i ended with witch of hazel. but i still wanted to use what you've recommended. any suggestion? thanks and more power. - jay frm cebu

OYIBO
December 27th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Jaypads,

I bought my scarlet/red kote in Progressive store in EDSA near Munos Market.

Joel

tjtcokngacademy
December 27th, 2006, 11:39 PM
RED KOTE is a deep penetrating scarlet oil ...... to moisturize and clean their shank while on the KEEP. Oil of Olay is only a substitute.
I will give you the cell# of ate Leony of Progressive Poultry Supply (09272747585) so that she can send it tru LBC asap.

tjtcokngacademy
December 28th, 2006, 09:11 AM
The best antibiotics are human preparations (Mercury DrugStore) just as long as you adjust it to their right dosage.

arch_adonis_rmp
December 28th, 2006, 09:38 AM
doc ted, meri xmas and a hapi new year.

tanong ko lang po sna tungkol sa 2 winners ko both nagkaroon ng disability ang wings nila. yung isa sa kulungan, yung isa naman sa spar na-injure. at first week, habang nakalimber binababa nila mga wing feathers niya on the injured wing. hinayaan ko lang po baka sabi ko kunting pilay lamang. almost a month na po ngayon, hindi parin bumabalik sa dati, kapag kumakampay, yung injured wing half niya lang naioopen. is there a chance na gumaling pa po kaya yun? bone fracture kaya yun? or what can i do po kaya? thanks doc!

tjtcokngacademy
December 29th, 2006, 04:54 AM
If your purpose is to moisten his beak(mouth), it has been my common practice to dip my index finger in a water bowl and then slowly open the beak and slip the finger all the way down to his throat. In this way, you will be able to prevent his throat from getting dry.

tjtcokngacademy
December 29th, 2006, 05:01 AM
You'd be surprised that some birds would recover after the moult. Be patient when dealing with traumatic injuries.

baypman
December 29th, 2006, 07:47 PM
doc pano gamutin ang limber neck?

tjtcokngacademy
December 30th, 2006, 11:24 AM
The main cause of LIMBERNECK is......by eating food materials containing toxins or poisons caused by a germ called Clostridium Botulinum. Birds become sick within a few hours to 1 or 2 days after ingesting toxic materials from spoiled feeds. The earliest signs are those of drowsiness, weakness, and some impairment of flying and walking. An early sign in roosters is frequent raising of their hackle feathers. If birds have ingested large doses of toxin, signs progress to--- complete paralysis of WINGS, LEGS, and NECK.
It is easy to understand that the best treatment for Limberneck is to prevent it. Proper management procedures can aid greatly in preventing losses from botulism.

arch_adonis_rmp
December 30th, 2006, 12:54 PM
i see. thanks a lot doc! and im really hopeful that my the winners would recover.

once again,
happy new year doc ted and more power to your academy!!!

adonis

jaro J
December 31st, 2006, 07:03 AM
Doc,
Need advice on how to treatment & prevention for Coccidiosis especially for breeding materials. I was informed that a pale face is a symptom of Coccidiosis although the feed intake of the birds are still pretty normal? I know Corid works well but I need an alternative to it if it's unavailable locally? Also, what's a good medicine for birds w/ fuss in their larynx? tanx doc

tjtcokngacademy
January 2nd, 2007, 04:02 PM
Coccidiosis is an inflammation of the intestines. It is caused by a protozoa which destroys the lining and tissues of the intestinal tract causing anemia(pale face) and hemorrhaging. The most critical time for cocci is when they are 4-16 weeks of age.
What puzzles me is that you are pertaining to breeding materials. I suggest that you do a laboratory testing before concluding that your breeding materials are positive for cocci.
The locally available treatment is Amprol or ESB3.

CrookedToe
January 2nd, 2007, 04:36 PM
Do you have a book out in english? If so how would I get a copy? What dates, and where is your academy I plan to visit the P.I. in late Feb. early Mar.

tjtcokngacademy
January 2nd, 2007, 09:39 PM

I have a book and video On Gamecock Conditioning. The book & video are supplemental to each other since I am able to clearly explain certain procedures through demo in the video.
The fee for the book(P400) & video(P750) is PHP1,250.00, inclusive of shipping & handling within the Philippines via LBC. Kindly remit your payment on line to my account in BPI Del Monte Branch, Q.C. The account name is Dr. Teddy Tanchanco and the account number is 3243-0166-13. I will need your name, address and contact number.
Please inform me immediately once you have made the transaction. My email address is docteddytanchanco@yahoo.com and my numbers are +639165742427 or +639209506492.

The schedule for January is January 11, 12 & 13. This class will experience a different format because after the 3 day session, the students would be given the opportunity to apply what they learned in TJT Cocking Academy's 1st Open derby to be held at the Roligon on January 27, 2007. This derby is open to all Academy graduates as well as non-Academy graduates.
The February schedule is February 8, 9 & 10 and the March schedule is March 8, 9 &10 . Our venue is the RHAMM Gamefarm in Alfonso, Cavite. For more details, you can call me in the numbers I have posted or Dexter Guce at 09178730204.

dogmancarter
January 2nd, 2007, 10:02 PM
Hey doc, whats the best start for chicks in their first few days.

CrookedToe
January 3rd, 2007, 03:54 AM
Thank you sir,
I will most likely attend the march class. But I will let my partners know about the book and video. I will give you a call prior to my arrival in the P.I. as to how to get to the school. :)

tony2005
January 4th, 2007, 08:43 AM
doctor teddy

I just asking doctor about the dosage of fowlfox vaccine and NCD BOOSTER VACINE. what is the adequete dosage we are going to use for the cock for NCD BOOSTER VACCINE AND FOWLFOX FOR THE ONE MONTH OLD.because my handler has been trying giving them a dosage prescribed from the poultry supply sales representative.and most of them are not feeling well.

I'LL BE HOPING YOUR IMMEDIATE RESPONSE WITH REGARDS TO MY QUERY.

HAPPY NEW YEAR DOCTOR ..

jude torres
January 4th, 2007, 12:25 PM
dear doc teddy,
Can you explain the cause of stags, experiencing gooseneck or their neck became elongated and loosing control of it.
Is this related to marek disease or this is a different form of sickness affecting gamefowl.
We would like to get your advise thank you....

TingKill
January 5th, 2007, 05:12 AM
magandang araw Doc,,,tanong lang po,,,pwede bang ihalo ang methycobal(methycobalmin) 1ml.,,500mcg sa natira kong complexor(6 ml)??ang concern ko lang baka masira ang supplement o mawala ang effectiveness nito...thanks doc!!!

TingKill
January 5th, 2007, 05:36 AM
magandang araw Doc,,,tanong lang po,,,pwede bang ihalo ang methycobal(methycobalmin) 1ml.,,500mcg sa natira kong complexor(6 ml)??ang concern ko lang baka masira ang supplement o mawala ang effectiveness nito...thanks doc!!!
correction.....generic name is methylcobalamin........

CrookedToe
January 5th, 2007, 04:06 PM
Doc,
Have you ever heard of or used Gallimycin? What is this antibiotic good for? What dosage should I administer?

tjtcokngacademy
January 5th, 2007, 08:00 PM
jude torres
I suspect that this is a case of limberneck and not Mareks because Mareks involves the limbs, wings and their pupils (eyes). It is best that you post a picture or a video of the bird exhibiting the signs.

Crooked Toe
Gallimycin is a broad spectrum antibiotic and it is indicated for respiratory problems. It is available in water soluble powder and in injectable form. Just follow the manufacturer’s direction on how to administer.

tony2005
January 6th, 2007, 08:30 AM
doctor teddy

MIGHT BE ON FEB.WE WILL BE THERE ..WHAT IS YOUR SCHEDULE ON FEB DOCTOR .I AM NOT SURE REGARDING TO MY FRIEND IF THEY ARE ABLE TO JOIN YOUR CLASS THIS COMING FEB. BUT HE TOLD ME THEY ARE TRYING TO JOIN AS SOON AS THEY CAN.

THEY ARE FARM OWNER TOO BUT THEY STILL IN TROUBLE WITH
THEIR FARM WITH REGARDS OF PROPER VACCINE TOO AND CARING OF THEIR FREE RANGE HEN WITH CHICKS. AND THEY ARE ALL EAGER TOO TO LEARN MORE FROM YOU. THATS WHY WE ARE GOING TO DECIDE TO JOIN YOUR CLASS ON FEB.

THATS WHY IM ASKING HELP FOR THE ADEQUATE DOSAGE OF FOWLFOX VACCINE AND NCD BOOSTER VACCINE BECAUSE MY HANDLE ARE IN TROUBLE BY THIS TIME.SOME ARE NOT YET DONE. THATS WHY FOR STAG AND A MONTH OLD WASNT DONE ,WILL BE GIVEN A EXACT DOSAGE FROM YOU PRESCRIPTION.

WE TRUST YOU VERY MUCH DOCTOR YOUR ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO HAVE ENOUGH HEART TO SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE TO THE PEOPLE NEED HELP.

tjtcokngacademy
January 6th, 2007, 01:16 PM
The answer to your query is found in the handout given in my Academy.
Briefly, I give NCDB1B1(intraocular) during 3 weeks of age because they are stronger and can withstand the vaccination stress. The follow up vaccination would be NCDlasota(intraocular) and given when they are 2 months old. The booster shot (NCDlasota) is given on the 6th month and should be given on a yearly basis.
Fowl Pox (prick method) is administered when they are a month old in order for them to have a positive take.
Some procedures require an indepth explanation and actual demonstration to avoid mistakes such as vaccination failure. This is one of the advantages of joining the Academy. Our schedule for February is February 8, 9 & 10. Hope to see you there.

CrookedToe
January 6th, 2007, 03:00 PM
Thank you sir you have been most helpful.

tjtcokngacademy
January 6th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Our guest speaker for breeding this January 11, 12 & 13 would be Mr. Edwin Arańez of RED Gamefarm.

tony2005
January 7th, 2007, 06:52 AM
doctor

thank you so much doctor..see you there......,,,good luck
how do we get to your location doctor?

tjtcokngacademy
January 8th, 2007, 06:06 AM
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c3/ireneafit/mapa1.jpg

MAP TO THE MEETING PLACE

DATE: JANUARY 11, 2006
TIME: 7:00AM-8:00AM
PLACE: TAGAYTAY ROTONDA-CHOWKING
CONTACT PERSON: DEXTER GUCE (09178730204)

Our speakers for this January are:

Mr. Edwin Aranez (RED Gamefarm)-Breeding
Dr. Paul Tolentino-Poultry Nutrition, Bird Flu & Biosecurity
Engineer Boy Ang-Hatchery & Incubation Management
Ret.Gen. Restituto Mosqueda-Sabong Ethics
Dr. Teddy Tanchanco- All Aspects of Cockfighting from Rearing to Treatment of Poultry Diseases and Conditioning

The Guest of Honor will be Mr. Bong Berbano of Llamado Gamefowl Magazine.

CrookedToe
January 8th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Doc so do you have different guest speakers at all of your classes?

bebs espinosa
January 8th, 2007, 12:25 PM
doc ted,

just want to inquire if you already have the dvd format of your cd and ive seen your book available in the on-line store, how soon you'll be able to sell it on-line or here in sabong.net.? have a great day.....

tjtcokngacademy
January 8th, 2007, 10:35 PM
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h148/dexter_0613/scan2.jpg

This is the map to the farm for those who have their own vehicles and want to go straight to the venue.
Please coordinate with Dexter Guce (09178730204)

tjtcokngacademy
January 9th, 2007, 05:32 AM
CookedToe
We have regular speakers while our special guest speaker and guest of honor vary every month. Our graduates are welcome to sit in and listen to the special guest speaker.

bebs espinosa
My video is in vcd format and the sound is quite clear & audible. I have no immediate plans to convert it to dvd format. Kidding aside, sinuwerte na at nagpanalo ang mga nakabili ng vcd…..baka pagpinalitan ko ng dvd, magbago pa ang ihip ng hangin….hehehe.
If you wish to avail of it, you may reach me at +639165742427 or +639209506492 and I can give you the details.

Rino G. Santos
January 10th, 2007, 03:52 PM
dear Doc Ted,

Just want to ask whats the meds for constipation? one of my 3 year old cock seems to have difficulty is making his bowel. Gave him lotsa water, but still no avail. Doc, pleasem help....thanks a lot!

khazimline
January 11th, 2007, 05:25 AM
Doc Ted,
Hi Doc...Goodluck to you..
thanks,
Khazimline

lolo.net
January 11th, 2007, 06:08 AM
[good day to all. ask ko lang kung meron kaung maisuggest na tips on conditioning

kogmohon
January 11th, 2007, 09:56 AM
doc teddy...is pit management and betting covered in your seminar?

khazimline
January 12th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Bai Lee,
Pit Management,Go to Bebot
Betting go to Victor.Not me kay Pancit ko...
How are you Pal???
When are you coming back here?
Regards,
Khazimline

ramszlai
January 13th, 2007, 01:46 AM
dOC,

can you pls. give us some info on the use and administration of super- omitol?

more power

RAM

tjtcokngacademy
January 15th, 2007, 10:56 AM
Kogmohon

These are topics which are not yet part of my curriculum since most of my students are breeders, trainers and farm owners. But in the future, if I will have students who are pit owners or would-be pit owners, then I may have to invite you as my guest speaker.

Meron Wla
January 15th, 2007, 12:25 PM
In november we were getting many eggs.
Now January NOT many eggs.
Is this due to climate (very windy) or someting?
Any medication can get the hens to lay again?
Salamat....

tjtcokngacademy
January 15th, 2007, 12:29 PM
khazimline
Thanks for your support and I hope you can participate in our 1st Open 4 Cock Derby.

Rino G. Santos
This is a delicate case & I suggest that you call me (+639165742427 or +639209506492) because it'll require a lengthy discussion.

lolo.net
Kindly go over this thread and I'm sure you will pick up a lot of tips. You can also go to Usapang Manok and look for my thread, Mahalagang Puntos Ayon Kay TJT.

If you are interested, I have a book "On Gamecock Conditioning" and this contains my 21 Day Conditioning Keep. You may call or text me at the numbers I have posted above for details.

sweet&friendly
January 15th, 2007, 02:15 PM
doc gud day ask ko lang po kung pano gamitin ang red rice at gano kadami

salamat po..........................

WT AVALON
January 15th, 2007, 05:20 PM
DOC TJT... Thank you very much... last Friday you visit us here in New Tarlac Coliseum,
Andrew and I ( WT AVALON) waiting for you, the Slick Lizard broodcock is getting
healhty and you are right with your diagnose, hope we can use it in the near
future, Thanks for being honest and the most important thing you are knowlegeable
when it comes to the subject pertaining about the Gamefowl... Also you are a man
with a lot of sense of H U M O R....
Mabuhay ka...

Yfis...

WT AVALON
January 15th, 2007, 05:23 PM
DOC JVT, forget to say... Goodluck to your entry this Tuesday 16 January, opening day
of the World Slasher Cup... we at TAGBA wish you all the best of luck...

Yfis...

lanipao
January 15th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Mabuhay ka Doc sa walang tigil mong pagtulong sa mga kapwa sabungero.Lumalalim ang aming pang unawa sa sabong ng dahil sa mga tips mo.Parang libro na rin ito na libre.You are an honorable man.

apong_ambo
January 15th, 2007, 10:42 PM
DOC TJT

May tentative schedule na po ba kayo for March 2007? Salamat nga po pala uli sa PM nyo a while back about sa Chicken Pox nakatulong po ng malaki.

tjtcokngacademy
January 16th, 2007, 04:36 AM
apong_ambo
Our schedule for March is March 8, 9 & 10.

lanipao & WT AVALON
Thank you very much for your kind words and I hope you can join the Academy sometime soon.

sweet&friendly
The reply to your query is in Usapang Manok (Mahalagang Puntos Ayon Kay TJT).

ramzlai
Honestly, I haven't used super-omitol and it would be difficult for me to recommend something that I haven't tried for myself.

apong_ambo
January 16th, 2007, 04:49 AM
DOC TJT

Thank you very much for the prompt reply. We're planning to send one of our trusted staff to your academy. I will send you a PM for the details so we can reserve a spot for him in advance. Good day to you sir

tjtcokngacademy
January 16th, 2007, 09:30 PM
The sudden changes in the weather, like what we are experiencing now, can greatly affect their egg production.
Here are some suggestions:
Prolonging or extending their daylight time can stimulate them to lay more eggs. Simply install a fluorescent light inside their breeding pen, and leave it lighted until 9pm and do the same in the morning by having it lighted as early as 4am.
Based on my experience, some breeders commit the mistake of changing the brand of their "Breeder-Pellets" thinking..?..?.. that it would correct the problem. Remember that changing their feed would only worsen the situation and would be an additional stress. That is why I strongly suggest that you stick to your original feed.
You should also cut down on their feed intake and try to maintain their weight because “LEAN hens are prolific layers compared to FAT hens”.

apong_ambo
January 16th, 2007, 09:45 PM
Thanks again for the info DOC, just sent a text message to my dad to follow your tip