PDA

View Full Version : Kearny Whitehackle

Pages : [1] 2 3

WT AVALON
November 15th, 2006, 07:08 AM
KEARNY WHITEHACKLE
by tres_mentiras

HISTORY OF THE STRAIN

The Kearny Whitehackle was said to be one of the oldest bloodlines that is an ancestor of today's bloodlines. This bloodline was developed by Floyd Gurley who bred them for over 50 years.

When Floyd Gurley started his breeding, his produce is not so uniform, as there would come out yellow-legged and green legged ones. The green-legged was due to the Kearny Brownred bloodline which was crossed with the Kearny Whitehackle. What he did is to make a family of the Green Legged Kearny Whitehackles (Chesapeak) and the Yellow Legged Kearny Whitehackles. The last strain that Floyd Gurley developed was the Spangled Kearny Whitehackles.

Another breeder who has developed this bloodline is Steve Sturm, but how he developed his Kearny Whitehackle is a different story.

PHYSICAL FEATURES and FIGHTING STYLE

The Kearny Whitehackle is 100% straight comb. They come in Yellow-Legged, Green-Legged (Chesapeak) and Spangled.

It is a complete tactical fighter and a ring general which is suited for the long knife slasher type of cockfighting. Among the many positive traits, it also has an accurate timing which gives blows deliberately with gameness cannot be questioned.

The Kearny Whitehackle had proven its name in the old times, and due to meticulous and intelligent breeding, the bloodline is still winning at present.

What the Kearny Whitehackle's advantage, compared to the bloodlines of today like: Kelso, Hatch, Roundhead, Sweaters, Clarets, etc., is CONSISTENCY!!!

Floyd Gurley has carefully bred this Kearny Whitehackle straight, creating a family producing similiar looking fowls with identical fighting styles.

CREDENTIALS and STORIES ON THE ROAD

Jesse Horta, an exemplary breeder, said that in order to win in today's competition, you should have fowls that could beat the Sweaters. The Sweaters are winning in almost all the cockpits in the Philippines. Almost all cockers have the Sweaters.

What Jesse Horta did, was to make his Sweater Killers, which he called the White-Legged Sweater, which is a cross of Kearny Whitehackle x Junior Belt's Cowan Roundhead.

Kearny Whitehackles are best to cross with the Cowan Roundhead at 3/4 Kearny Whitehackle x 1/4 Cowan Roundhead.

Another breeder of the Kearny Whitehackle is Curt Langston, who is fortunate enough to acquire original materials from the breeding pens of Floyd Gurley himself, before the old man retired on his much loved sports. (Today, Floyd Gurley is staying in a veteran hospital with no more chickens.) Curt Langston met Floyd Gurley in the 90's. They became friends instantly and exchanged thoughts on how to breed the Kearny Whitehackle.

What Curt Langston does, is to cross his Kearny Whitehackle with the Orientals. This creates a good cross, which enabled Curt to win 13 straight fights in long knife years ago, and to win a 4-cock derby recently. This is the reason, why the Kearny Whitehackle is good to cross with the Roundheads--because Roundheads have Oriental blood in them.

Among others, and in the Philippines, RED GAMEFARM which is owned by Edwin Aranez and Raffy Campos has been successful with the Kearny Whitehackle which they got from Steve Sturm. They were blessed to get the Kearny Whitehackle, before Steve Sturm passed away.

In addition, RED GAMEFARM, is known for the DINK FAIR SWEATERS. It is said that getting stocks from RED GAMEFARM, is as good as getting stocks from DINK FAIR. However, the DINK FAIR Sweaters are not bred for the long-knife slasher fighting. Thus, RED GAMEFARM, blended the Kearny Whitehackles with their Dink Fair Sweaters.

EUREKA!!! The results were dramatic. Out of 9 cocks that were pitted, RED GAMEFARM, had 10 wins. One cock was pitted twice and won. An excellent perfect 110% for the RED GAMEFARM using the Kearny Whitehackle.

CARSON FARM's NEWLY ACQUIRED BLOODLINE

Carson Farm is proud of the newly acquired stocks of KEARNY WHITEHACKLE which were imported from the United States of America. It came from a known breeder which strain can be traced from the original stocks of FLOYD GURLEY.

The Kearny Whitehackles are now being carefully bred by CARSON FARM.

They are set as PURE, and are crossed with the Sweaters and Roundheads.

For more information, please visit www.carsonfarm.com.

sources:

1) ******** MAGAZINE, Issue #1, pp. 18-23, 2006
2) Cockfights Magazine
3) Sabong.net.ph. Forum

KEARNY WHITEHACKLE now in CARSON FARM

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/tres_mentiras/KearnyWhitehackle1.jpg

WT AVALON
November 15th, 2006, 07:11 AM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/tres_mentiras/KearnyWhitehackle2.jpg

WT AVALON
November 15th, 2006, 07:12 AM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/tres_mentiras/Green-LeggedKearnyWhitehackleChesap.jpg

WT AVALON
November 15th, 2006, 07:14 AM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/tres_mentiras/SpangledKearnyWhitehackle.jpg

WT AVALON
November 15th, 2006, 07:18 AM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/tres_mentiras/KearnyWhitehacklePullet.jpg

For more information please visit www.carsonfarm.com

and with [B]Carl Davis and Hugh Norman ROUNDHEADS

January-February Born Trios will be available soon.

sidberm
November 15th, 2006, 08:36 AM
wt avalon

ang gaganda naman nyan mang noel
pareserve na ako ng mga offspring hehehe.
magandang gabi sa yo.

Sotangbastos
November 15th, 2006, 09:34 AM
My original pair of Kearney direct from floyd gurley..Floyd bought his kearneys from Mike Kearney, "the originator of Kearney Whitehackle"

rl123
November 15th, 2006, 10:25 AM
gaganda naman ng mga whitehackle nyo... kailan kaya ako magkakaganyan.. he he he...

ligas_paka2006
November 15th, 2006, 11:58 AM
nice info...........

gemini1
November 15th, 2006, 01:41 PM
I don't have a kearney whitehackle...and maybe didn't plan to acquire it. Whitehackle is an old line....and like any old line then this will fight an old style of fighting. I mean, whitehackle is slow. That's why they're crossed and blended to fast fowls in the past by old time breeders...like Brownreds to produced green legged Hatches and also crossed to Boston Roundheads to make the Albany's. It was said that original Hatches was a blend of Kearney WhiteHackle x Irish Brownred, and original Albany's was a blend of Kearney WhiteHackle x Boston Roundhead.

In conclusion, Hatches and Albany's got their gameness, power and good body muscle conformations from Kearney Whitehackles. But we also know the fact that these fowls are also slow, low flyer and single stroker. So Whitehackles blood should only be bred by professional breeders who has the patience and time to improve the line again.

Of course, I am not saying that Kearney Whitehackle is no good but I don't like to go back to square one coz this was the line where the original old lines of the past came from and lots of breeders have consume many yrs of breeding and selection process just to get for where we are now....of having fast, high breaking, smart, cool headed, multiple shuffling, accurate cutting fowls that are game to death very suitable for slasher pit on which most of the fights lasts only (most of the time) in seconds and not hours.

tres_mentiras
November 15th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Before Curt Langston obtained the KEARNY WHITEHACKLE of Floyd Gurley, he had the chickens of most cockers have: KELSO, HATCH, GREYS, etc.

But he discarded these lines, because these bloodlines are INCONSISTENT, due to the eclectic concoction of bloodlines that created these strains. Some are good, and some are so..so....

KEARNY WHITEHACKLES are making their names in the derbies especially when crossed with the COWAN ROUNDHEADS.

The KEARNY WHITEHACKLES are winning not only in the past, but also in today's competition. They just get better and better as the years go by.... Of course, credit is due to the breeder who painstakingly developed the Kearny Whitehackles of today....FLOYD GURLEY.

God bless.

-Tres Mentiras

CARSON FARM is now developing the KEARNY WHITEHACKLES by infusing them with BRUCE BARNETT DOUBLE RIGHT SWEATERS.

Here is a picture of BRUCE BARNETT DOUBLE RIGHT SWEATER of WT AVALON

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/tres_mentiras/PureSweaterStagDBLRightBruceBarnett.jpg

daredevil
November 15th, 2006, 09:22 PM
GEMINI,SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED ONE TO SEE WHAT THERE REALLY LIKE.MINE ARENT SLOW OR LOW FLYERS OR SINGLE STROKERS THEY ARE GREAT CUTTERS AND WILL SHUFFLE LIKE CRAZY..MINE CAME FROM WILL(ROUNDHEAD)ALLEN.THE MAN I GOT MINE FROM GOT THEM FROM WILLS SON.HES HAD THEM FOR OVER 30 YEARS...www.daredevilgamefarm.com THEY COME WHITE AND YELLOW LEGGED.MOST COME STRAIGHT COMB BUT,I DO GET PEACOMB EVERY NOW AND THEN

WT AVALON
November 16th, 2006, 10:48 AM
daredevil... what a beautifull stag... keek crowing...

Yfis...
www.carsonfarm.com

gemini1
November 16th, 2006, 04:43 PM
daredevil, I am sure your WhiteHackle is not already pure as it is. Whitehackle only came as straightcombs and white legs. If it came from Will Allen...then it already has a blood of a Roundheads, so it fights like a roundheads.

If your WhiteHackle is already fast and multiple shuffler then it could be suitable already for slasher fights, but unless these whitehackles didn't make a mark in World Slasher Cups and in big time derbies...then I would not trust it. Coz statistics speaks louder than words.

WT AVALON
November 16th, 2006, 09:23 PM
We are in the process of breeding the Kearney Whitehackle pure and cross
them with our other bloodlines, especially BB Sweaters, double-right, LORN,
Roundhead, (Carl Davis, Hugh Norman) Radio(Slick Lizard) Kelso (Dink Fair,BB)
and try thier produce in the coming Stag Derby on 2007... cheers...

Yfis...
www.carsonfarm.com

HAS
November 16th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Goodluuck Kuya Noel

falconbirds
November 16th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Carson Farm.. goodluck in your breeding! We are looking forward on your stag next year's Stag Derbies!!!

Cheers,
Yfis

daredevil
November 16th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Gemini,There Are Articals Talking About Whitehackles Coming Peacomb And Yellow Legged.there Is One In The Aug/sept 2005 Game Cock Magazine On Page 49.talking About The Allen Roundheads And The Boston Roundhead Used To Make The Allens Came From Ireland Without An Id.they Believe To Be A Irish Whitehackle.which Came From Dr.fred Saunders. The English Breed The Peacomb Out Of The Whitehackle.but,the Irish Didnt Care So, They Breed To Both Sides.so, Thats Just What Ive Heard I Know Nothings Pure Pure Anymore..all I Know Is That There Awesome Chickens..gemini Ill Send You One To Try You Pay Shipping...thanks Daredevil

tatodupaya
November 17th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Hey send me one too, daredevil. I'll pay shipping cost.

WT AVALON
November 17th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Thanks you for your support... and I will keep you posted about our
Kearney Whitehackle breeding... cheers...

Yfis...
www.carsonfarm.com

Brokewing
November 17th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Contrary to what was said about Jessie Horta's White Legged Sweaters, Jessie Horta never said they were a cross between Junior Belt's Cowan Roundhead and Kearny Whitehackle. What Jessie did say about his White Legged Sweaters is this: "Frank Steele let me have them back in the fifty's. Frank was the last guy to feed for Mr. Kelso." His remarks can be verified in the G&S October 2005 issue, page 12.

Jessie Horta has had the White Legged Sweater some 40 years before Jr. Belt owned his first Cowan Roundhead. Let's get the facts right if we are going to share historical or useful information to our friends in sport.

ricko
November 17th, 2006, 12:18 PM
:)

tres_mentiras
November 17th, 2006, 07:43 PM
The latest issue of COCKFIGHTS MAGAZINE of Mr. Wilvin Sy which featured the ROUNDHEADS of Allen Hinds and George Woods, discussed in one Article about "Horta's Man in Cebu" or something to that effect.

In that article, it featured how the man got his HORTA fowls.

In addition, JESSE HORTA was quoted in saying "To win in the derbies, you have to have those Sweater Killers, because almost all have the Sweaters." Then JESSE HORTA's White Legged Sweaters was then said to be the man's Sweater Killers which is a combination of Kearny Whitehackle and Cowan Roundhead.

Well, I guess, it is pretty assuming.

But JESSE HORTA is one of the few blessed people who have acquired JUNIOR BELT'S COWAN ROUNDHEADS. Hence, I assumed JESSE HORTA uses those which he got from JUNIOR BELT.

Besides, a smart breeder breeds for the improvement of his fowl and will add another blood if necessary--and may call it whatever he wants.

I just find it logical that: the White Legged Sweater was a combination of Kearny Whitehackle x Cowan Roundhead, and JESSE HORTA has Junior Belt's Cowan Roundhead. Therefore, it is "POSSIBLE" that he is using Junior Belt's Cowan Roundhead considering the fact that he has it in his yard.

A smart breeder does not get a bloodline that will not improve his fowls. JESSE HORTA has JUNIOR BELT'S COWAN ROUNDHEAD. The answer to the question will be answered by a question. And that is "Is Jesse Horta a Smart Breeder? In my opinion, he is.

It may not be expressly indicated in the magazine but what I was tought is that, "a good reader should never be confined in the four corners of the book".

Of course, I may be wrong. That's the purpose of the forum--"To get straight facts."

God bless. Peace.

Bottom line is KEARNY WHITEHACKLE rules!!!

-Tres Mentiras

falconbirds
November 17th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Nice giving out of opinion.. i'm learning something with your conversation!!!

Cheers,
Yfis

Laguan
November 18th, 2006, 06:46 AM
wt avalon, some birds are just nice looking but yours are beautiful and look very solid. my backyard would look better if i can have their offspring in my breeding pen. these whitehackle look perfect for use as foundation brood fowls. they look like models ready for the ultimate fighting championship.simply awesome!!! no doubt, i'll start daydreaming about them. thanks for sharing the pictures k noel

farm82557
November 18th, 2006, 09:48 AM
I Need Your Help Guys Please
Is Kearney Whitehackle Same As North Briton Whitehackle
When It Comes To Their Fighting Ability Can Someone
Diffrentiate The 2

Thanks
Farm

edmundo
November 18th, 2006, 05:54 PM
the north britons are from england while the kearneys are from ireland. maybe in the distant pat they may have been related. i really wouldnt know. my great grandparents werent born then yet. i saw a north briton from john sears in peter uy's farm once and we fought it in then mandaluyong coliseum during the early years of the lgba. it won in one fly, breaking the neck of the opponent. they hit in that area since these north britons (similar to the morgans, gleezens, gilkersons, etc) whitehackles are inch and a quarter chickens. i also have seen steve sturms kearneys which traces back to dave ward (most probably back to sandy hatch himself), and they are body punchers. steve and jr belt fought in the short knife and in the spur or gaff. they hit deliberately into the opponent and with power. these arejust individual experiences and may not really represent the fighting ability of the bloodline as a whole or in general. hope this helps.

farm82557
November 18th, 2006, 09:07 PM
sir.
thanks for the info...i got these bird still with markings
from john sears in one of our guys who imports fowls
from the u.s.
what do you think is the best to cross with these n.b.whitehackle
i will try to cross these breeding season...
thanks for the info sir edmundo

thanks again sir
farm

Brokewing
November 19th, 2006, 01:18 AM
The latest issue of COCKFIGHTS MAGAZINE of Mr. Wilvin Sy which featured the ROUNDHEADS of Allen Hinds and George Woods, discussed in one Article about "Horta's Man in Cebu" or something to that effect.

In that article, it featured how the man got his HORTA fowls.

In addition, JESSE HORTA was quoted in saying "To win in the derbies, you have to have those Sweater Killers, because almost all have the Sweaters." Then JESSE HORTA's White Legged Sweaters was then said to be the man's Sweater Killers which is a combination of Kearny Whitehackle and Cowan Roundhead.

Well, I guess, it is pretty assuming.

But JESSE HORTA is one of the few blessed people who have acquired JUNIOR BELT'S COWAN ROUNDHEADS. Hence, I assumed JESSE HORTA uses those which he got from JUNIOR BELT.

Besides, a smart breeder breeds for the improvement of his fowl and will add another blood if necessary--and may call it whatever he wants.

I just find it logical that: the White Legged Sweater was a combination of Kearny Whitehackle x Cowan Roundhead, and JESSE HORTA has Junior Belt's Cowan Roundhead. Therefore, it is "POSSIBLE" that he is using Junior Belt's Cowan Roundhead considering the fact that he has it in his yard.

A smart breeder does not get a bloodline that will not improve his fowls. JESSE HORTA has JUNIOR BELT'S COWAN ROUNDHEAD. The answer to the question will be answered by a question. And that is "Is Jesse Horta a Smart Breeder? In my opinion, he is.

It may not be expressly indicated in the magazine but what I was tought is that, "a good reader should never be confined in the four corners of the book".

Of course, I may be wrong. That's the purpose of the forum--"To get straight facts."

God bless. Peace.

Bottom line is KEARNY WHITEHACKLE rules!!!

-Tres Mentiras

Tre Mentiras, which translates to 3 Lies.

You make assumptions that are not based on facts. One, you say from a third or fourth party, Jessie Horta is quoted as saying his White Legged Sweaters are a combination of Cowan Roundhead and Kearney Whitehackle. If Mr. Horta did not say this himself that it's not a direct quote. I have already provided information from G&S when he was interviewed by Joe Mac Skinner the source of his White Legged Sweaters. Two, when Jr. Belt's friend, Steve Strum, was alive he said the crosses that nicked for the Jr. Belt entry, Tulsa, were Madigan Claret/Cowan Roundhead and Cowan Roundhead/Kearney Whitehackle. The general public cound not tell them a part. This is not an assumption just the facts. Just deal with the facts.

SSDNOFEAR
November 19th, 2006, 03:38 AM
Well As Far As There Being No Pea Comb Whitehackles That Is Not True Oconnor Had A Line Of Whitehackles That Were Called Duryeau Whitehackles And They Dominated The East Coast With These Fowl Winning Mains All Over. They Were Pea Comb Fowl. My Whitehackles Are A Blend Of 4 Whitehackle Bloods And The Foundation Line That I Was Lucky Enough To Acquire More Than 20 Years Ago Was Duryeau Whitehackle 100% Pea Comb Pearl Legged And Yellow Legged. I Also Infused Murphy Whitehackle, Lowman And Kearney And Bred For The Pea Comb Side. My Whitehackles Are Far From Single Stroking Slow Fowl. They Are Stronger Than Most Hatch Families And Can Shake With The Best Of Them. We Have Done Well With Them Pure In The Spur, S/k And L/k. They Do Really Really Well In The L/k Crossed To Hatch Or Griffin Claret. We Have Done Very Well With Them In The Past 20 Years And I Do Have A Straight Comb Pop Up Every Now And Then But It Is Just My Personal Preferance To Breed To The Pea Comb Side. There Is No Differance In The Way They Perform Pea Headed Or Straight Comb. To Be Perfectly Honest We Must All Stand Back And Really Take A Look In The Mirror. 60 Years Ago There Was No Such Thing As A "johnnie Jumper Kelso" There Was No Such Thing As A "blackwater Sweater" Or A "dink Fair Sweater"

These Men Bred What They Found As Exceptional Traits In Their Fowl And Have Set A Family Of Winners In The Major Competition. Just Because Something May Not Appear To The Norm Does Not Mean It Is Not Worthy. Look Into The Back Ground Of The "claret" Blood Line And You Will Find Stories That Oconnor Also Had A Hand In Making These Fowl Up Also And They Are Merely A Whitehackle In The Making................... Just Thought I Would Share My Thoughts On This Since I Am A Whitehackle Man Myself. Good Luck To Everyone This Season.................I am going to try and attach a pic of a Griffin Claret SSD Whitehackle cross stag here

Y.f.i.s.
Ssd (rob)

SSDNOFEAR
November 19th, 2006, 03:45 AM
Also Here Is A Pic Of A 7/8 Ssd Whitehackle 1/8 Hatch Stag AND A 1/2 SSD Whitehackle 1/2 Sweater Stag.........hope You Guys Enjoy The Pics

Y.F.I.S.
SSD (ROB)

tres_mentiras
November 19th, 2006, 05:38 PM
WHAT'S IN THE NAME

Tres Mentiras means three lies.

The name does not mean to deceive three times or to mislead readers or other cockfighting afficionados.

The name was taken from Matthew 26:75 which reads "ROOTER[/B] crows, you will disown me three times."

Three lies meant the time when Peter disowned Chist three times, then the ROOSTER crowed.

Just want to get a name related to ROOSTER that is Biblical.

JESSE HORTA'S QUOTE

What I quoted about Jesse Horta was that statement which was also quoted by COCKFIGHTS MAGAZINE, that in order to win in a cockfighting nowadays, you should have to have those Sweater Killers.

That's the only thing I quoted about JESSE HORTA. To quote is to put "....". The succeeding lines did not contain "...." simply because, those are not quotes.

The bloodline or composition of the WHITE LEGGED SWEATER was taken from JESSE HORTA'S MAN IN CEBU who said that the White Legged Sweaters was a combination of Jarret Rounheads x Clairborne Whitehackles. It did not came from JESSE HORTA himself, nor did I quote him saying that.

It does not mean that it is a lie, when facts came from different sources like the COCKFIGHTS MAGAZINE, ******** MAGAZINE and forums which gave ideas in Sabong.net.ph.

WHY COWAN ROUNDHEAD?

This is just reading between the lines as thinking outside and not being confined in the four corners of the book..

JESSE HORTA was blessed to acquire the COWAN ROUNDHEAD from JUNIOR BELT, when HORTA gave BELT White Legged Sweaters and Little Walters in exchange.

JESSE HORTA then gave some COWAN ROUNDHEAD to his man in Cebu, which then developed the White Legged Sweaters using Cowan Roundheads.

It was admitted that these are mere assumptions, considering the fact that JESSE HORTA has COWAN ROUNDHEAD, then it is "POSSIBLE" that the COWAN ROUNDHEAD was used to improve the WHITE LEGGED SWEATER.

Besides, facts show that the White Legged Sweaters were acquired during the 50's. Is it not just smart to add new blood every once in a while, to aleviate inbreeding depression? A smart breeder will get bloodlines that he thinks will improve his strain. Besides, HORTA has this COWAN ROUNDHEAD blood in his yard. That's all about it!

It is pure opinion or freedom of expression as an exercise of the First Amendment or the Bill of Rights under Article III of the 1987 Constitution of the Philippines.

What is misleading was the fact that I said it was Kearny when in fact it is Clairborne. However, as I said, I made statements based on my numerous sources. I admit that I mixed up certain names. I stand corrected. But still they are WHITEHACKLES. Humans commit mistakes too....

It does not necessarily mean that Jesse Horta breeds the 3/4 Kearny Whitehackle x 1/4 Cowan Roundhead. I was the one who said that based on testimonies of this proven cross--not JESSE HORTA. Again there was no "...." when the statement was made.

THE ARTICLE WAS NOT ABOUT JESSE HORTA BUT THE KEARNY WHITEHACKLES OF FLOYD GURLEY

The Straight Comb whitehackles are Kearny Whitehackles of FLOYD GURLEY and CURT LANGSTON and not the Whitehackles of Steve Sturm and others.

As said, theirs have a different story.

It does not mean that if your Whitehackle is PEA COMB, then it is not a real one. Each breeder breeds his fowls in his own recipe and has a right to call it whatever he wants.

STORIES ON THE ROAD ABOUT WHITEHACKLE'S SUCCESS.

Jesse Horta was purely quoted about his White Legged Sweaters. He was included in the text because his White Legged Sweaters have "Whitehackle blood" in them--not the Kearny Whitehackle. But still Whitehackle.

I even included Steve Sturm's chickens to RED GAMEFARM, because it is related to WHITEHACKLES.

These are just stories about the WHITEHACKLE generally.

Just getting the facts straight and admitted some inconsistencies. I have no intention to decieve nor do harm to anyone.

Again, it's not about JESSE HORTA.

God bless to all. Peace.

No offense meant.

Thanks.

Hope I've cleared things out.

-Tres Mentiras. (Matthew 26:75)

* The write up is entitled KEARNY WHITEHACKLES by tres_mentiras and not of JESSE HORTA's.

tres_mentiras
November 19th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Peace to all.

God bless.

-Tres Mentiras

daredevil
November 19th, 2006, 09:10 PM
SSDNOFEAR,NICE LOOKING BIRDS.DONT YOU JUST LOVE THEM WHITEHACKLES I KNOW I DO.SMART,GENTLE AND ATHLETIC CHICKENS.DO YOU LIKE THE YELLOW OR WHITE LEGGED ONES?HERES A PIC OF ONE OF MINE.(STAG WHITE LEGGED) THEY DO COME PEACOMB, YELLOW LEGS TOO..www.daredevilgamefarm.com PUTTING NEW PICS ON THERE THIS WEEK..

daredevil
November 19th, 2006, 09:11 PM
Here It Is...lol..

WT AVALON
November 20th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Tres-Mentiras...

Nice input and Thanks for the elaborate explanations...
Mabuhay ka kasabong...

Yfis...

abai
November 20th, 2006, 06:24 AM
This is what my Morgan Whitehackle looks like.

http://www.gamefowl.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=12364&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

falconbirds
November 20th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Whitehackle is always a Whitehackle.. no matter where did you acquire your line! The best important thing in here is how you will breed and blend with your materials!!!

That's the breeder's challenge on how they will produce a good strains.. so goodluck to all and it is breeding season once again!!!

Cheers,
Yfis

EAA Indians
November 21st, 2006, 12:46 AM
Tres, 3 strikes you are out (the new biblical term). I lost count of the strikes on your disertation above. Just joking ...... nice input. Orientaldelight (from San Diego, CA.) had worked closely with Jesse Horta (and a close friend) and he should provide some input also. God bless-Ed

SSDNOFEAR
November 21st, 2006, 03:53 AM
Daredevil Thank You For The Compliment Thats A Great Looking Stag You Have Aswell. As Far As The Leg Color I Really Have No Preference :) I Like Them All Aslong As They Have The Same Style Leg Color To Me Is Not Of Great Importance. But My Personal Preference Would Have To Be Pearl Legs Just For Looks Myself

Y.f.i.s.
Ssd (rob)

panabong
November 21st, 2006, 12:20 PM
i have kearney white hackel cross to cowan from the late mr. steve strum.i infuse hatch blood. will see the outcome this coming candelaria.i raise them in san diego.and two years now in iloilo.

tatodupaya
November 21st, 2006, 04:17 PM
Good breeds Panabong. Balitaan mo kami results. Good luck

falconbirds
November 21st, 2006, 09:13 PM
WT AVALON
Carson Farm... I'm looking forward to your Kearny Whitehackle breeds.. kindly advised us regarding the Kearny Whitehackle Offsprings because I am interested to acquire from you.

Just keep updating.. its a blend to watch!!! hehehe

Cheers,
Yfis

tatodupaya
November 21st, 2006, 09:36 PM
Me too Boss Noel. Hope to visit you come January for a little chicken talk.

WT AVALON
November 22nd, 2006, 03:56 AM
fb and tato...

Looking forward in meeting you personally, come and visit the Farm,
my vacation is from Jan-Mar, we will have chicken talk, San Mig and Sisig
Kapampangan... again you're welcome... cheers...

Yfis...
www.carsonfarm.com

falconbirds
November 22nd, 2006, 06:37 AM
WT AVALON
Thank you for your warm invitation at your farm.. I'll be home by February '07 and for sure I'll be visiting you in your farm to see and acquire some of your lines specially the newly breed Kearny Whitehackle. I love to have one of those line in my small manukan;)

Cheers,
Yfis

panabong
November 22nd, 2006, 07:28 AM
tato thanks i keep you up date.at least may susubukan ok naman silang lumaro malamig pero meron din power sa bottom at ok lang ang size medium to high station.

WT AVALON
November 22nd, 2006, 11:17 AM
falconbirds and tato...

This Kearney Whitehackle came from Curt Langston of Arkansas, he fight
them Pure and cross with his Oriental in long knife, and win some derby,
so, my friend and I decided to order 3 more trios, and will arrived 22 Nov.
here in California and ship to the next flight going to the Phil...
You can see them in the Farm, when you two visit... cheers...

Yfis...
www.carsonfarm.com

tatodupaya
November 22nd, 2006, 11:21 AM
Great. I can't wait already

falconbirds
November 22nd, 2006, 08:22 PM
W.T.
Looks like you've seen a different interest with this Kearny Whitehackle because you are shipping more stocks to breed.. I can't wait to see them in your farm!

Cheers,
Yfis

WT AVALON
November 23rd, 2006, 11:06 AM
FB,

Its breeding season already in order to compete among the best in the
business, we should update our Bloodlines, and the Kearney Whitehackle
caught our attention, with our telephone conversation with Curt Langston
they are good with the knife when cross with the Roundhead... cheers...

Yfis...
www.carsonfarm.com

A1GFarms
November 23rd, 2006, 11:12 AM
whitehackles - its a must when ur in breeding - thats one of our base blood / i think most bloodlines have WH in it......correct me if im wrong.......thats one of the original gaff birds /bullstrong & built to last......kinda slow but if u infuse some speeders / its awesome in LK........i got mine from gunrunner ...peace.

swtrhtch1925
November 23rd, 2006, 11:30 AM
Snapshot of Mary Sturm's Farm (wife of the late Steve) last October and some Kearney in the background - moulted

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/hyamsuan/farm06.jpg

WT AVALON
November 23rd, 2006, 11:33 AM
AIGFarms...

Got it right...We will cross the Kearney Whitehackle, to our Roundhead
and Sweater, monitor their offrings, try them in the Stag Derby...
... goodluck...

Yfis...

apong_ambo
November 23rd, 2006, 11:34 AM
SWTRHTCH1925

Thanks for sharing the photo

swtrhtch1925
November 23rd, 2006, 11:35 AM
Remember this at Sunset? It was given to the Sturm Family during his wake. This entails Steve's legacy with his Kearney W-hackle and his contribution to the sport.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/hyamsuan/sunset-tribute.jpg

swtrhtch1925
November 23rd, 2006, 11:39 AM
Steve's Kearney Whitehackle Broodcock during moulting season, even during its moulting stage - you can see its station, body composition and well-balanced stance.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/hyamsuan/kearney07.jpg

falconbirds
November 23rd, 2006, 10:50 PM
swtrhtch1925
Nice pictures you have.. that's why i'm interested in acquiring one! I'll visit Carson Farm on February when I go home and check his new Kearny Whitehackle Breeds.. can not afford to buy imported one that's why its logical to acquire from a good source;)

Cheers,
Yfis

Stripper
November 24th, 2006, 04:42 AM
I will wait 'till the 2007 GBAT/TAGBA Stag derby, see the performance of Langston W-hackle crosses, maybe i may even have the chance to be match on this roosters if i can put a show on this events. 'Till then, looking forward to meet you. Cheers!!!!

apong_ambo
November 24th, 2006, 04:56 AM
Itas ke mung bagya

apong_ambo
November 24th, 2006, 05:03 AM
You can view pictures of WT Avalon's Pinas-Bound Kearney White Hackles on this link :p

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/888mallari@sbcglobal.net/#page1

apong_ambo
November 24th, 2006, 05:30 AM
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/888mallari@sbcglobal.net/album/576460762348486703

dogmancarter
November 24th, 2006, 05:50 AM
I didnt see the photos.

apong_ambo
November 24th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Dogmancarter

It's a link, just click on link on my previous post and it suppose to open a new browser. Otherwise, maybe I'm doing something wrong ?

dogmancarter
November 24th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Apong. I went on the link , selected the part marked photos but didnt see any pics. Ill try again though.

dogmancarter
November 24th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Apong. I went on the link , selected the part marked photos but didnt see any pics. Ill try again though.

dogmancarter
November 24th, 2006, 07:08 AM
I went back on the link but they keep having problem showing the photos.

apong_ambo
November 24th, 2006, 07:12 AM
Dogmancarter

Send me your email address via PM and I'll forward you the pictures

dogmancarter
November 24th, 2006, 08:00 AM
My email address is shampuzzi@hotmail.Com.

apong_ambo
November 24th, 2006, 08:01 AM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q150/apong_ambo/tn_864NOELJAKEMARKKWH.jpg

NOEL, JAKE, & MARK each holding Kearney White Hackles

apong_ambo
November 24th, 2006, 08:03 AM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q150/apong_ambo/tn_865NOELMALVINKWH.jpg

NOEL & MALVIN with Kearney White Hackles

Akin na ba to Sir Noel? Joke lang
Kahit hawak lang saya na'ko :D

apong_ambo
November 24th, 2006, 08:07 AM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q150/apong_ambo/tn_843KWHTRIO3.jpg

KEARNEY WHITE HACKLE TRIO

WT AVALON
November 24th, 2006, 08:50 AM
Malvin...

Thats too quick... nice meeting you... Happy Thanksgiving, give my
regards to your Dad... after your work at UCLA-Harbor Hospital,drop
by, my house is just 3 mins. drive away... you are a team player...
... mabuhay ka...

Yfis...
www.carsonfarm.com

apong_ambo
November 24th, 2006, 09:31 AM
WT AVALON

Alang bage po ita, basta ikayu. Nice meeting you too and I'll make sure to drop by to give you the hardcopies of the pictures. Thank you for all the knowledge & hospitality. Mayap a bengui que kayu :)

Malvin...

Thats too quick... nice meeting you... Happy Thanksgiving, give my
regards to your Dad... after your work at UCLA-Harbor Hospital,drop
by, my house is just 3 mins. drive away... you are a team player...
... mabuhay ka...

Yfis...
www.carsonfarm.com (http://www.carsonfarm.com)

WT AVALON
November 24th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Malvin...

Back to work again... next time I will let know if we are going to Willie's place and drop
by at Nelson Uy to see his breeding of Cowan Roundhead... cheers...

Yfis...
www.carsonfarm.com

eaglebeak
November 25th, 2006, 08:21 AM
This is a kearney broodcock and a 1/2 kearney 1/2 jarret rh stag.

dogmancarter
November 25th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Nic pics. There are no pullets though

kogmohon
November 25th, 2006, 10:25 AM
sssssshhhh doggie...the pullets are busy...

WT AVALON
November 25th, 2006, 08:10 PM
eaglebeak...

Where is the pullet... all I see is a stag... cheers...

Yfis...

falconbirds
November 25th, 2006, 08:41 PM
I will wait 'till the 2007 GBAT/TAGBA Stag derby, see the performance of Langston W-hackle crosses, maybe i may even have the chance to be match on this roosters if i can put a show on this events. 'Till then, looking forward to meet you. Cheers!!!!

Sir I pressume you are a member of GBAT/TAGBA.. well I don't think its appropriate to comment like that right away!!! In breeding every aspects counts thats why they need a matter of time to perfect such lines.. we hope that they could excel right away on the 2007 Stag Derbies:) As you've seen the previous stagfest in Tarlac different breeders excels.. and the competition is to competitive!

Looking forward also to see your birds.. Goodluck! May I know your "Entry Name" kabayan?;)

Cheers,
Yfis

apong_ambo
November 25th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Falconbirds

May a bengui que ka...

Ana pin Koyang Noel nang mi-ikit kami, eh ta na la mu pu papansinan reng aliwang puro salita mu...pota galang eh la pa meka-ikit KWH hehehe:D

tatodupaya
November 25th, 2006, 10:56 PM
hmmmm, I smell main

falconbirds
November 25th, 2006, 11:15 PM
tatodupaya
Brad I've just commented what I've read.. this is a friendly trend which gives each and everyone a comment of there own! I do not mean no harm to anyone;) Ang sabong kasi ay maginoong laro:)

apong_ambo
Brad I don't mean anything to anyone.. I just want this trend to have a positive idea in all readers! I'm just a mere sabong fanatics at hindi ako breeder:)

Lets enjoy SABONG mga bro

Cheers,
Yfis

Stripper
November 26th, 2006, 05:09 AM
FC
I don't see anything IN-APPROPRIATE in my comment! I followed this thread from the beginning and what i understand is, this KWHs will be fielded in the 2007 stag derbies! It will be an opportunity for everyone, especially me, to see how this lines will perform. And of course to satisfy my curiosity,
...Yeah Apong Ambo, i've never seen a White Hackle, seen only White leghorn hehehe

falconbirds
November 26th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Stripper
Well lets see them perform in the next Stag Derbies if they will excel.. thats the challenge of the breeders:)

Cheers,
Yfis

dogmancarter
November 26th, 2006, 06:18 AM
sssssshhhh doggie...the pullets are busy...
ha ha ha ha ha, sir kogs you are really funny

apong_ambo
November 26th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Stripper

Personally I kinda like the white leghorn myself...:)

apong_ambo
November 26th, 2006, 03:23 PM
bump

tatodupaya
November 26th, 2006, 05:08 PM
No prob.

daredevil
November 26th, 2006, 07:34 PM
<<<<<<<did yall see my white leghorns over there?

WT AVALON
November 26th, 2006, 08:37 PM
daredevil...

Beautifull stag buddy... white leghorns cant' fight... but yours look mean and game...
... cheers...

Yfis...

falconbirds
November 26th, 2006, 09:07 PM
daredevil
Sir mahal na white leghorn yan.. nice stag you have in the picture:)

Cheers,
Yfis

daredevil
November 26th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Its A White Kearney Whitehackle.im Tring Right Now On Getting Some Cowen Roundheads To Cross Them With This Season..this Blood Came From Will(roundhead)allens Yard.ive Tried It With Some Average Roundheads And They Where Pretty Dam Good So, If I Cross Them With Some Cowens They Should Be Awesome.what Do Yall Think? Thanks Daredevil

WT AVALON
November 26th, 2006, 09:34 PM
daredevil...

We are in the process of looking some Trio's of Cowan Roundhead, to cross with our
Kearney Whitehackle, that already in the Farm (Philippines), some have tried this
cross and they have a good percentage of winning... this is all about, in cockfighting
try to explore a diffferent approach in selecting bloodlines to cross, so that we can
try them in future stag or cock derby... goodluck on your breeding... and cheers...

Yfis...
www.carsonfarm.com

falconbirds
November 26th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Its A White Kearney Whitehackle.im Tring Right Now On Getting Some Cowen Roundheads To Cross Them With This Season..this Blood Came From Will(roundhead)allens Yard.ive Tried It With Some Average Roundheads And They Where Pretty Dam Good So, If I Cross Them With Some Cowens They Should Be Awesome.what Do Yall Think? Thanks Daredevil

Sir goodluck on your breeding.. looking forward on your stags:)

Cheers,
Yfis

daredevil
November 26th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Wt Avalon Thanks Bro....i Just Talked To My Brother.black Hat Johnny Bennets Boy Said Hes Got 2 Jr Belt Roundhead Hens At His Yard That Jr Gave Johnny. So, We Are Going To Go Get Them. Im Afraid They Might Be To Old.how Old Is To Old For A Brood Hen? Thanks Kevin

kogmohon
November 27th, 2006, 03:04 AM
...for as long as the hen will putak...puputok den yon...

hope1126
November 27th, 2006, 03:33 AM
WT AVALON
ka noel... breed ur kearney's to ur HH(clarets) then over the cowans... is what i will be doing... mabuhay ka kuya

WT AVALON
November 27th, 2006, 12:31 PM
daredevil...

Try those Old Cowan Roundhead with your young Whitehackle stag, maybe they can
still give you a winner... Goodluck on your breeding Buddy... noel

Yfis...

WT AVALON
November 27th, 2006, 07:42 PM
WT AVALON
ka noel... breed ur kearney's to ur HH(clarets) then over the cowans... is what i will be doing... mabuhay ka kuya

Enjoy talking with you... Its a matter of time... KW/HH Moore Claret are both straight
comb... then to Cowan/C Davis/H Norman... I will inform Mike Everett about this
breeding... goodluck...kuya

Yfis...

WT AVALON
November 28th, 2006, 12:51 PM
WT AVALON
Hope...
I just call in the farm, that we have some Hugh Norman/HH Moore Claret cross, maybe
we will just reverse our breeding... 1/2 Kearney Whitehackle 1/4 Rhead 1/4 Claret...
... is this set-up ok. with you... cheers...

Yfis...

hope1126
November 28th, 2006, 09:02 PM
WT AVALON
kuya noel, that 3 way blend will be a good blend.... i will agree w/u 100% that is what i call a complete recipe... cheers and goodluck sa iyo kuya noel...

WT AVALON
November 29th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Hope...

There's no harm in trying... Who knows and at least we have try it... some-
times 3-way cross is good in battlefowl, I will just keep you posted with the
breeding of this Kearney Whitehackle... cheers...

Yfis...

apong_ambo
November 29th, 2006, 06:33 AM
As cockers we all work and strive for our battlefowls to be game, excellent cutters, high flying, and powerful punchers....as for me personally I pray to god to bless me with determination and humility so that when they fail to perform in the pit...there is glimpse of hope that I can do something to make them better again...

ziddez106
November 29th, 2006, 07:01 AM
apong_ambo... i salute you sir !!! MABUHAY KA!!!

apong_ambo
November 29th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Ziddes106

How are you brad? Hope everything is well with you. :)

ziddez106
November 29th, 2006, 07:56 AM
doing fine here....brother ambo....hoping & wishing that somehow once i take my vacation, i would be able to have that KEARNY WHITEHACKLE in our broodpen...

WT AVALON
November 29th, 2006, 10:39 AM
As cockers we all work and strive for our battlefowls to be game, excellent cutters, high flying, and powerful punchers....as for me personally I pray to god to bless me with determination and humility so that when they fail to perform in the pit...there is glimpse of hope that I can do something to make them better again...
Bro. Ambo,
For me you are a winner... a true cockfighter, cause you want to do your best in every endevour, especially in giving your warrior the best ... carry on good the work, you will
succeed in every aspect of the game... anything I can help, feel free in giving me a PM
or call me... mabuhay ka...

Yfis...
Tres Amigos...

apong_ambo
November 29th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Ziddez106

As long you keep on trying there is always a way, you will soon get your KWH and I wish you the best in the future....by the way you can always consult with our dear friend WT Avalon. I was fortunate enough to see his KWH up close and personal and I can vouch for their authenticity not to mention the integrity and honesty of WT Avalon. Ingat na lang Brad

apong_ambo
November 29th, 2006, 11:20 AM
WT Avalon

Many thanks to you as well, I could not ask for a better mentor and a friend in you. I wish you all the success in the future especially in your pending retirement at work.....malapit mo ng ma enjoy ng husto ang lahat ng pagod at efforts mo sa Carson Farm....MORE POWER TO YOU KOYANG

WT AVALON
November 29th, 2006, 08:36 PM
bro. ambo...

Anything I can do for you regarding our Sport... as Jerry say" Life is too short my friend" and I have been working for almost 40 yrs... life for me after retirement is just
relax and enjoy breeding, raising the chicks and most of all enjoy sabong... mabuhay ka...

Yfis...

alanman
November 30th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Is there such a bloodline Gillman Whitehackle...need some info please....thx

ziddez106
November 30th, 2006, 08:22 AM
apong_ambo...

thanks for your advice - looking forward on it... happy cockin'...

WT AVALON
November 30th, 2006, 09:31 PM
apong_ambo...

thanks for your advice - looking forward on it... happy cockin'...

This is all about, giving very informative advice in our sport, sharing some good or bad
experience, so that next time around, can eliminate some mistakes, lots of member of
this site know the in and out, how to raise gamefowl, condition and the ultimate task in
fighting them in the pit... mabuhay kayo mga kasabong...

Yfis...

Laguan
December 1st, 2006, 12:29 AM
wt, i don't think that you will have a peaceful retirement in the philippines. anyone of these members, including yours truly, may disturb your peace anytime: tres menteras, apong ambo, has, hope1126, falconbirds, tatodupaya, ziddez106, etc. masarap yatang manggulo sa farm mo pag nandoon ka at may kaunting pampahilo, sisig, atbp. just don't be surprised if one of us just shows up, or worse, all of us at the same time. kumusta na k noel?

falconbirds
December 1st, 2006, 12:42 AM
bro. ambo...

Anything I can do for you regarding our Sport... as Jerry say" Life is too short my friend" and I have been working for almost 40 yrs... life for me after retirement is just
relax and enjoy breeding, raising the chicks and most of all enjoy sabong... mabuhay ka...

Yfis...

Well I'll go with the sayings of Jerry Adkins.. go for it;)

falconbirds
December 1st, 2006, 12:45 AM
wt, i don't think that you will have a peaceful retirement in the philippines. anyone of these members, including yours truly, may disturb your peace anytime: tres menteras, apong ambo, has, hope1126, falconbirds, tatodupaya, ziddez106, etc. masarap yatang manggulo sa farm mo pag nandoon ka at may kaunting pampahilo, sisig, atbp. just don't be surprised if one of us just shows up, or worse, all of us at the same time. kumusta na k noel?

For sure WT AVALON will be so busy entertaining us if we drop-by in his lovely farm.. thats part of his life after retirement comes entertaing friends, visitors and buyers;)

ziddez106
December 1st, 2006, 01:10 AM
WT AVALON Sir....
Laguan & Falconbirds were right, there's nothing else happier than meeting your mentor personally & listening for what ever pointers he may share. Lalo na nga siguro kung magkakasabay-sabay pa kami.... kaya nga po ngayon pa lang - isama nyo na kami sa mga scheduled appointmnets nyo...

daredevil
December 1st, 2006, 03:49 AM
WT ALAVON,GO TO MY WEBPAGE I GOT SOME MORE PICS ON THERE.I HAVE SOME WHITEHACKLES ON CLARETS ANG ROUNDHEADS ON THERE..HAVE A GOOD DAY www.daredevilgamefarm.com

ziddez106
December 1st, 2006, 05:12 AM
daredevil sir...

ohh ...what a awesome collection/breeding of whitehackle fowls...very impressive...good luck...

WT AVALON
December 1st, 2006, 06:17 AM
WT ALAVON,GO TO MY WEBPAGE I GOT SOME MORE PICS ON THERE.I HAVE SOME WHITEHACKLES ON CLARETS ANG ROUNDHEADS ON THERE..HAVE A GOOD DAY www.daredevilgamefarm.com

Kevin...
What a beautifull bunch of white stag and pullets, Some of those whites are Claret or
Whitehackle? Did you ever try them in long knife?.. cheers...

daredevil
December 1st, 2006, 06:58 AM
Wt Avalon, The Clarets And Roundheads Are 1/2 And 1/2...thanks Daredevil

Laguan
December 1st, 2006, 07:00 AM
K Noel, your WHs are very nice too. Have you thought of crossing them to Daredevil's? it is just a thought that crossed my mind. Just concentrate on producing more of them. You may not have enough for those of us who are wishing to have them. Goodnight.

WT AVALON
December 1st, 2006, 07:04 AM
Wt Avalon, The Clarets And Roundheads Are 1/2 And 1/2...thanks Daredevil

Kevin,
So, they are pure white in color 1/2 clarets1/2Rhead, what I have in the are the
HH Moore Claret from Mike Everett of Texas, wine red in color, pearl and yellow leg,
good cutter, and game to the bone... goodluck on your breeding my friend...

Yfis...

WT AVALON
December 1st, 2006, 07:09 AM
K Noel, your WHs are very nice too. Have you thought of crossing them to Daredevil's? it is just a thought that crossed my mind. Just concentrate on producing more of them. You may not have enough for those of us who are wishing to have them. Goodnight.

Laguan,

Most of the 18 pullets are laying eggs already, remember we ship 6 trios of Kearney
Whitehackle + 1 bullstag, we are breeding them pure, per Curt Langston advice at the
same time, crossing the broodstag to our BB, JA Sweater, BB, Dink Kelso and our
reliable Carl DAvis and Hugh Norman Roundhead... mabuhay ka...

Yfis...

WT AVALON
December 2nd, 2006, 03:51 AM
Laguan...

You're on top of the priority list with this Kearney Whitehackle... I will keep you posted
on our breeding... Thanks a lot, for having trust, the way I breed my gamefowl...
... Mabuhay ka...

Yfis...

daredevil
December 2nd, 2006, 06:03 AM
LAGUAN,HEY MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET SOME FROM WT AVALON AND ME AND TRY THAT CROSS YOURSELF.ADDING NEW BLOOD ALWAYS IS GOOD IF IT GOOD BLOOD AND IM SURE THAT WT HAS GOOD BLOOD....WHAT DO YOU THINK WT AVALON? THANKS DAREDEVIL www.daredevilgamefarm.com

Laguan
December 2nd, 2006, 06:52 AM
K Noel, thanks. You are very generous. I can't wait to have some from you.

Daredevil, you know that I've seen pictures of your birds, so it is not that hard to read my mind. Crossing WT's WHs and yours is something worth trying.

panabong
December 2nd, 2006, 07:44 AM
WT AVALON bossing malapit na kitakits sambuan na lang.

WT AVALON
December 2nd, 2006, 11:29 AM
WT AVALON bossing malapit na kitakits sambuan na lang.

Time was so fast its almost 6 month since I come back here in US, since June WSC
lots of derby this coming Jan... WSC, Tarlac City Fiesta, Bounty Charity Derby in Calasiao
Pangasinan, Sinulog in Cebu, Candelaria in Iloilo, see you in Araneta Coliseum... cheers...

Yfis...

gentlemancocker
December 2nd, 2006, 12:23 PM

daredevil
December 2nd, 2006, 08:00 PM
GUYS, I WISH I COULD COME OVER THERE AND BRING SOME ACES AND FIGHT AGAINST THE WORLDS BEST SLASHERS.IT WOULD BE AN AMAZING TIME WIN OR LOSE.YALL HAVE THE BEST OF TIMES OVER THERE AND GOOD LUCK. THANKS DAREDEVIL www.daredevilgamefarm.com

WT AVALON
December 2nd, 2006, 08:44 PM
GUYS, I WISH I COULD COME OVER THERE AND BRING SOME ACES AND FIGHT AGAINST THE WORLDS BEST SLASHERS.IT WOULD BE AN AMAZING TIME WIN OR LOSE.YALL HAVE THE BEST OF TIMES OVER THERE AND GOOD LUCK. THANKS DAREDEVIL www.daredevilgamefarm.com
Kevin,
I wish you could see the World Slasher Cup, its like cockfighting olympic, superbowl,
world series... the feeling, exicitement and its full of action from the start to the finish...
... Ya Win or loss is how you Played the game... goodluck and have a nice day buddy...

Yfis...

daredevil
December 2nd, 2006, 09:01 PM
HERE IS SOME OF THIS YEARS STAGS. I THINK THIS IS THE BEST HATCH OF THESE WHITES I HAVE EVER HAD.I CANT WAIT FOR THEM TO HIT THE PIT..I HAVE SOME FOR SELL RAISED A FEW TO MANY.THE DATE ON THE PIC IS WRONG.MY CAMERA RESETS THE DATE EVERY TIME THE BATTERIES GO DEAD LOL www.daredevilgamefarm.com/gallery/whitehacklestag2.html

alamorena
December 2nd, 2006, 11:09 PM
nice kearneys you got there wt avalon
hope you got the good ones,without the claret infusion i mean.
goodluck buddy

WT AVALON
December 3rd, 2006, 08:25 AM
nice kearneys you got there wt avalon
hope you got the good ones,without the claret infusion i mean.
goodluck buddy

Kevin...
Good looking stag... I dont' see any defect on them, good station, I know some
member this Net will see them and they will be interested... cheers...

This Kearney Whitehackle was been breed by the family of Curt Langston for almost
40 years, and they come direct from Floyd Gurley and he is a friend of his dad... They
only breed Jap (Oriental) and the Whitehackle... cheers...

Yfis...

Sotangbastos
December 3rd, 2006, 08:53 AM
Sir WT, I think you are misinformed. I'm a friend of Mr. Gurley and I also know Curt coz I got some broodfowl from curt for a buyer in Pampanga. Anyway Curt got his fowl from Mr. Gurley maybe 6 years ago. Also Mr.Gurley lines includes Kearney of course, The Chesapeake, Japs which he got from Sam Gowdy, The Spangles which are white legged and they are not kearneys according to the old man. Those spangled hen you posted are not in my opinion pure kearneys, they are either pure spangles or spangle/kearney cross.Believe me coz I have been inside his broodpen..During the last year of his breeding would you believe he's trying to cross breed a white leghorn to some of his stocks...About 4 years ago all his spangles were cleaned up by thieves...Well good luck on your breeding coz my friend in Pampanga are culling about 70% of their kearneys from curt....

ziddez106
December 3rd, 2006, 09:47 AM
:confused:

apong_ambo
December 3rd, 2006, 10:34 AM
Sotangbastos

I appreciate your input on the KWH. I was one of the fortunate cockers to see the KWH in person prior to shipment a week ago to the Philippines. Actually the photos I posted showed only 1 of 6 trios shipped, I'm only a beginner and I was very enamored with the spangled pullet, I wish I had more photos of the the rest of the 11 pullets which were not spangled. I find it interesting that you do not agree with Curt's breeding methods although. As far as I know WT Avalon is a very picky selector of bloodlines & breeders and it is also my understanding that Curt has been winning with KWH crossed with jap oriental gamefowl. In any case I would really appreciate it if you could respond and provide more of your knowledge on the KWH. Thanks

apong_ambo
December 3rd, 2006, 10:36 AM
here's another photo of one of the KWH stags...enjoy

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q150/apong_ambo/tn_860KEARNEYWHITEHACKLE2.jpg

Stripper
December 3rd, 2006, 12:39 PM
Sir WT, I think you are misinformed. I'm a friend of Mr. Gurley and I also know Curt coz I got some broodfowl from curt for a buyer in Pampanga. Anyway Curt got his fowl from Mr. Gurley maybe 6 years ago. Also Mr.Gurley lines includes Kearney of course, The Chesapeake, Japs which he got from Sam Gowdy, The Spangles which are white legged and they are not kearneys according to the old man. Those spangled hen you posted are not in my opinion pure kearneys, they are either pure spangles or spangle/kearney cross.Believe me coz I have been inside his broodpen..During the last year of his breeding would you believe he's trying to cross breed a white leghorn to some of his stocks...About 4 years ago all his spangles were cleaned up by thieves...Well good luck on your breeding coz my friend in Pampanga are culling about 70% of their kearneys from curt....

WAZZZ UP!!??

jlbs72
December 3rd, 2006, 05:33 PM
anyone see curt langston fighting his rooster in long knife derbies?

tres_mentiras
December 3rd, 2006, 05:49 PM
KEARNY WHITEHACKLE OF CURT LANGSTON

Curt Lanston had been with chickens all his life. They had chickens like Kelso, Hatch, etc. However, he was unsatisified to their traits because of their inconsistencies. So he discarded them.

Fortunately, he became friends with FLOYD GURLEY, the man known for the KEARNY WHITEHACKLES.

FLOYD GURLEY had been breeding the Kearny Whitehackles for more than 50 years. Based on the story, he produces the GREEN LEGGED (CHESAPEAK) KEARNY WHITEHACKLES because of the KEARNY BROWNRED line which he infused to the WHITEHACKLES.

He got YELLOW-LEGGED ones and also GREEN-LEGGED ones to which, he made a family out of it.

Perhaps, the SPANGLED KEARNY WHITEHACKLEB] is not a STRAIGHT BREEDING OF KEARNY WHITEHACKLE x KEARNY WHITEHACKLE, beceause this bloodline was later developed. But certainly, the KEARNY WHITEHACKLE is used in the creation of this blood.

However, this could not dispute the AUTHENTICITY OF THE SPANGLE KEARNY WHITEHACKLE. Maybe it is a cross of KEARNY WHITEHACKLE X SPANGLE, thus it was called [B]SPANGLED KEARNY WHITEHACKLE. But to call it a misfortune to have acquired this SPANGLED WHITEHACKLES is a HASTY GENERALIZATION.

A breeder has the right to infuse blood to his fowls and call it any name he wants to, especially if such infusion would improve his fowls.

An example would be Mayor Juancho Aguirre who is infusing McLean Hatch with his Hulseys or Lemons and has all the right in the world to call it LEMON GWAPO.

As (Frank) Shy said: There is no such thing as a PURE CHICKEN.

"Those PURE CHICKENS have all drowned during the GREAT DELUGE during Noah's time"--tres_mentiras.

All the slashers or chickens came from eclectic bloodlines. The only difference is the manner of breeding to create SOLID FOUNDATION. Once this solid foundation is reached then the breeder can call it PURE or STRAIGHT.

Hence, applying this analogy, the SPANGLED KEARNY WHITEHACKLE is not really a STRAIGHT KEARNY WHITEHACKLE, but FLOYD GURLEY or CURT LANGSTON has all the right to call the SPANGLED KEARNY WHITEHACKLE as his PURE SPANGLED KEARNY WHTIEHACKLE.

CURT LANGSTON acquired his materials from the personal pen of FLOYD GURLEY, because at the time he got his KEARNY WHITEHACKLES, FLOYD GURLEY is retiring from cockfighting. Therefore, his stocks could be considered AUTHENTIC.

I would think, that a breeder is not too stupid to waste his money and to get those KEARNY WHTIEHACKLES x WHITE LEG HORN. Perhaps FLOYD GURLEY was just experimenting for a THANKSGIVING FEAST.

But to give an implication, that all KEARNY WHITEHACKLES have WHITE LEG HORN blood on them would be too quixotic or impractical.

Assuming arguendo that the KEARNY WHITEHACKLE has WHITE LEG HORN blood in it, does it matter if it "nicked" creating a POWERFUL BLOODLINE?

HASTY GENERALIZATION

It does not mean that if the KEARNY WHITEHACKLE is acquired from CURT LANGSTON they are ALL DUNGHILLS.

It is a classic example of a HASTY GENERALIZATION.

It does not mean that if one rooster of a cocker sulked, all his fowls are considered sulkers.

In the case of the breeder who was not happy with the KEARNY WHITEHACKLES, he should consider many factors like manner of breeding: INBREEDING, LINE BREEDING and CROSS BREEDING.

In INBREEDING, this type of breeding may result to INBREEDING DEPRESSION which results to small progenies, sulkers, impotency, etc. Because not only the POSITIVE TRAITS are being doubled but also the NEGATIVE ones. The breeder may have neglected this factor. This is most likely to happen, because his materials came from a single farm and could be too closely related.

But every breeder has his means on how to alleviate these problems, it really depends on how he does it.

In LINEBREEDING, there are times that the blood introduced may not be compatible to create a "nick". This could be a factor.

In CROSSBREEDING, it is a fact that there are some crosses, that defintely won't nick. This kind of breeding needs lots of experimentation.

Other fatcors like feed, health, conditioning are also to be considered.

Of course, CULLING is part of breeding. Not 100% of progenies would be great. Because if there is such a thing, then there would be cokers who never experienced defeat.

As WT AVALON puts it "win or lose is how who play the game".

The only scenario, I think that is possible is, if the opponent has no knife tied on it.

ARE CURT LANGSTON KEARNY WHITEHACKLES DUNGHILLS?

Only the PIT wil tell....

CARSON FARM is on the process of infusing KEARNY WHITEHACKLES for breeding 2007. We will see.... But to say it is a MISFORTUNE is definitely NOT conclusive.

A breeder has his preference. If I have a vulture, I would breed it to my chickens so that after they defeat the opponent, they would eat it as well. Of course, discussing this should be dealt with in another thread.

God bless to all. Just sharing my opinion.

-Tres Mentiras

tres_mentiras
December 3rd, 2006, 05:56 PM
Curt Langston has this story of a STRAIGHT VICTORY of 13 KEARNY WHITEHACKLES and RECENTLY WON A FOUR COCK DERBY in the long knife.

If these KEARNY WHITEHACKLES are dunghills, he should not have discarded his old lines that most cockers have.

He infuses his KEANRY WHITHACKLE with the JAPS or ORIENTALS.

God bless.

-Tres Mentiras

gentlemancocker
December 3rd, 2006, 06:39 PM
:)nice..

Sotangbastos
December 3rd, 2006, 07:12 PM
Apong Ambo
I know Curt is winning with his Kearney/Japs here in the US and also in PI.[check out the Jan 2005 WSC-D' Cardiac entry] and so do I with my Kelso/Jap, Chesapeake/kearneys, I even fought pure kearney in a local derby just to test their gameness and they did, my best cross are out of Kearney/roundhead. I was only commenting on the statement above that Curt's family has been breeding this kearney for 40years, I thought that he was just saying that as a sales pitch....Apong, about 4yrs ago frequent Floyds farm every month and our topics are mostly breeding and his kearneys and he will always say breed only 2-way and never 3-way cross coz according to him you'll get dunghill once in a while,, Speaking of Dunghill, Tres M how did that dunghill come into play here. Why would i still continue my breeding of Floyds fowl if i think they are dunghill.. Sori i did not elaborate but about a year ago i think there's something wrong with Curts fowl. I got a pair of Jap and a trio of kearney from Curt for that Pampanga buyer.And you can check this with Curt or Serge, the jap pullet was handed by cenen to my buyer dead in the box and the kearney stag died after 2 weeks in the farm. They were eventually replace by Curt The kearney stag replacement died also after a month in the PI, so we start to think that there might be somethings wrong in Curts farm. Inbreeding depression maybe, who knows? After all that my buyer still order 2 stags and all the avail kearney pullets in Curts farm [15 pullet] coz they really want to propagate this breed. So, DUNGHILL, I don't think so, I love my kearneys and none for sale..
Tres, i never say there's a touch of whiteleghorn in Floyds fowl, all i was saying was floyd was experimenting that on the latter part of his life and i dont think he got any offspring from that.... Mang Noel,if you pm me your e-mail address i have a few pics of Floyds fowl and farm that you may want to see....PEACE!!!!

falconbirds
December 3rd, 2006, 08:03 PM
Nice exchanging of thoughts.. more updates so that we will be more familiar with the Kearny Whitehackles;)

Cheers,
Yfis

Maning
December 3rd, 2006, 08:13 PM
TOO MUCH ADVERTISEMENT..

I might believed it if I didn't know Floyd (the guy where Curt Langston got his kearney's- KUNO) and not been at his place in Maryland.. Floyd Gurley was a champion in the Claymore tournament, the tournament joined mostly by respected oldies..He was one of the breeders here in the states I made contact with.. I knew him until his retirement days in chicken business.. He was using cane the last time I seen him in the pit.. My friends and I bought battlecocks from him in the early 90's and fight them either in the brush or legal pits.. He has three bloodline only his yard before, the Kearneys, Chesapeakes and the Spangles.. His Chesapeakes are crossed of his Spangles and Kearneys that comes Greenlegged.. His Spangles are not Kearney's..He usually tells me that his pure Kearney's are not suited in the long knife as they tend to get hit first always.. Believe it or not if I liked them maybe i'm one of the few here in this board to have these Kearneys 15 years ago..But my mind hasn't changed yet, even until now...

maning

apong_ambo
December 3rd, 2006, 08:29 PM
Sotangbastos

Thanks for clarifying your statemennts and for sharing your experiences on Curt's & Mr. Gurley's KWH bloodlines. Now with regards to your friend from pampanga who is culling 70% off the lines from Curt, is he culling due to the conformation of the offspring? Is it because of your experience with the DOA birds? Please don't get me wrong on this, I'm just trying to make sense of your friend's logic....if Curt's bloodlines are in fact problematic and you and your friend have seen problems with Curt's fowl.....why cull only 70%, why not eliminate all the original stock so that the undesirable qualities of Curts bloodlines are not propagated? If I misunderstood your statements please reply back. Thanks again

Apong Ambo
I know Curt is winning with his Kearney/Japs here in the US and also in PI.[check out the Jan 2005 WSC-D' Cardiac entry] and so do I with my Kelso/Jap, Chesapeake/kearneys, I even fought pure kearney in a local derby just to test their gameness and they did, my best cross are out of Kearney/roundhead. I was only commenting on the statement above that Curt's family has been breeding this kearney for 40years, I thought that he was just saying that as a sales pitch....Apong, about 4yrs ago frequent Floyds farm every month and our topics are mostly breeding and his kearneys and he will always say breed only 2-way and never 3-way cross coz according to him you'll get dunghill once in a while,, Speaking of Dunghill, Tres M how did that dunghill come into play here. Why would i still continue my breeding of Floyds fowl if i think they are dunghill.. Sori i did not elaborate but about a year ago i think there's something wrong with Curts fowl. I got a pair of Jap and a trio of kearney from Curt for that Pampanga buyer.And you can check this with Curt or Serge, the jap pullet was handed by cenen to my buyer dead in the box and the kearney stag died after 2 weeks in the farm. They were eventually replace by Curt The kearney stag replacement died also after a month in the PI, so we start to think that there might be somethings wrong in Curts farm. Inbreeding depression maybe, who knows? After all that my buyer still order 2 stags and all the avail kearney pullets in Curts farm [15 pullet] coz they really want to propagate this breed. So, DUNGHILL, I don't think so, I love my kearneys and none for sale..
Tres, i never say there's a touch of whiteleghorn in Floyds fowl, all i was saying was floyd was experimenting that on the latter part of his life and i dont think he got any offspring from that.... Mang Noel,if you pm me your e-mail address i have a few pics of Floyds fowl and farm that you may want to see....PEACE!!!!

tres_mentiras
December 3rd, 2006, 08:51 PM
That gave me an idea to say that they are called "DUNGHILLS".

I'm just reading from the lines.

But Sotangbastos has clarified his statements. It could just be a misunderstanding or some sort.

Let's give each other the benefit of the doubt.

"Besides, our birds have the same feathers."

KEARNY WHITEHACKLE RULES!!!

WT AVALON was not stating 40 years of breeding just for sales talk. It was just a qualified statement. Floyd Gurley has been breeding the Kearny Whitehackles for 50 years, and Curt Langston acquired the original materials from Floyd Gurley. Therefore, it was just an honest statement. Curt Langston has been breeding Kearny Whitehackles which has been meticulously bred for 40 years and even 50 years by Floyd Gurley. Just to clarify.

Peace to all.

God bless.

-Tres Mentiras.

Maning
December 3rd, 2006, 09:07 PM
anyone see curt langston fighting his rooster in long knife derbies?

No I didn't.. But I've seen Floyd Gurley's kearney crosses fight several times in the long knife and I fought them myself too..They are mediocre (in my opinion) roosters in the long knife..I've seen them in action also in the gaff...I think you have to cross them to quick footed line of fowls so they could be competitive in the long knife..Their best asset are their gameness..

maning

boots
December 3rd, 2006, 09:13 PM
Well just be cautious in selecting Whitehackle source because I just watched the second day of 2006 WSC DVD fight # 19 and # 20 two consecutives cocks quits and runs as I remembered Whitehackle Cross of Amfil Farm and Sweater Cross of JK Farm.
I donít mean to embarrass someone but as alleged by Emoy and Boy Diaz that happens.

jlbs72
December 3rd, 2006, 09:13 PM
Maning,

thanks maning...btw, don't divulge your true age, hehehe... if curt langston is winning most of his fights, i think someone here will notice his fowls. i my self just read his name in ******** magasine, so im asking if he got a good perecentage of wins.

Maning
December 3rd, 2006, 09:19 PM
Bagets pa naman ako.. hehehe..

If you have more questions about Floyd's kearney ask me.. I have first hand info about them and not just gathered from the papers..

maning

daredevil
December 3rd, 2006, 09:32 PM
MY KEARNEYS WINNING PERCENTAGE IS AROUND 82% IN THE LONG AND SHORT FNIFE.THEY CROSS WELL ON CLARET AND ROUNDHEAD.ONE OF THESE DAYS IM GOING TO GO TO THE PHILIPPINES AND BRING SOME ACES AND FIGHT AGAINST THE BEST IN THE WORLD.THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.I CANT WAIT.ENJOY WHAT YOU GET TO DO OVER THERE.I DONT GET TO ENJOY IT LIKE YALL DO.THIS IS A WHITEHACKLE-ROUNDHEAD 1X LK... HAVE A GOOD DAY DAREDEVIL www.daredevilgamefarm.com/gallery/whitehackleroundhead.html

Sotangbastos
December 3rd, 2006, 09:43 PM
Floyd always mentioned about another guy from Jersey, I guess that was you Maning.

falconbirds
December 3rd, 2006, 09:45 PM
I think everyones opinion is his rights.. on my point of view this will be the challenge of a breeder/s of which line does he will blend the best combination possible;) As you have seen cockfighting is more competitive today than before.. thru the experiments of the breeder/s they produce lines that are unexpected! So lets wait and hope that the Kearny Whitehackles will be competitive enough on the next season:)

Cheers,
Yfis

WT AVALON
December 3rd, 2006, 10:25 PM
No I didn't.. But I've seen Floyd Gurley's kearney crosses fight several times in the long knife and I fought them myself too..They are mediocre (in my opinion) roosters in the long knife..I've seen them in action also in the gaff...I think you have to cross them to quick footed line of fowls so they could be competitive in the long knife..Their best asset are their gameness..

maning

There's a lot of factor in breeding gamefowl, and we have different approach in
selecting our broodfowl to breed, their feather colors, legs, comb, station, body con-
formation, their cutting ability and the most important thing to consider is their Gameness... as a true gentleman and a cocker, I respect everybody, for trying
their best in creating another bloodlines, this is all about, we have the freedom of
choice... its' not all about winning, its the joy, its an hobby, its an sport that you meet a lot of friends... Thanks to all of you who response with this thread and goodluck to
your breeding... Mabuhay kayo mga kasabong... peace...

Yfis...

apong_ambo
December 3rd, 2006, 11:21 PM
Tres Mentiras

Good day to you kasabong. Hope everything is ok with you

Maning
December 4th, 2006, 01:22 PM
KEARNY WHITEHACKLE
by tres_mentiras

HISTORY OF THE STRAIN

The Kearny Whitehackle was said to be one of the oldest bloodlines that is an ancestor of today's bloodlines. This bloodline was developed by Floyd Gurley who bred them for over 50 years.

When Floyd Gurley started his breeding, his produce is not so uniform, as there would come out yellow-legged and green legged ones. The green-legged was due to the Kearny Brownred bloodline which was crossed with the Kearny Whitehackle. What he did is to make a family of the Green Legged Kearny Whitehackles (Chesapeak) and the Yellow Legged Kearny Whitehackles. The last strain that Floyd Gurley developed was the Spangled Kearny Whitehackles.

Another breeder who has developed this bloodline is Steve Sturm, but how he developed his Kearny Whitehackle is a different story.

PHYSICAL FEATURES and FIGHTING STYLE

The Kearny Whitehackle is 100% straight comb. They come in Yellow-Legged, Green-Legged (Chesapeak) and Spangled.

It is a complete tactical fighter and a ring general which is suited for the long knife slasher type of cockfighting. Among the many positive traits, it also has an accurate timing which gives blows deliberately with gameness cannot be questioned.

The Kearny Whitehackle had proven its name in the old times, and due to meticulous and intelligent breeding, the bloodline is still winning at present.

What the Kearny Whitehackle's advantage, compared to the bloodlines of today like: Kelso, Hatch, Roundhead, Sweaters, Clarets, etc., is CONSISTENCY!!!

Floyd Gurley has carefully bred this Kearny Whitehackle straight, creating a family producing similiar looking fowls with identical fighting styles.

CREDENTIALS and STORIES ON THE ROAD

Jesse Horta, an exemplary breeder, said that in order to win in today's competition, you should have fowls that could beat the Sweaters. The Sweaters are winning in almost all the cockpits in the Philippines. Almost all cockers have the Sweaters.

What Jesse Horta did, was to make his Sweater Killers, which he called the White-Legged Sweater, which is a cross of Kearny Whitehackle x Junior Belt's Cowan Roundhead.

Kearny Whitehackles are best to cross with the Cowan Roundhead at 3/4 Kearny Whitehackle x 1/4 Cowan Roundhead.

Another breeder of the Kearny Whitehackle is Curt Langston, who is fortunate enough to acquire original materials from the breeding pens of Floyd Gurley himself, before the old man retired on his much loved sports. (Today, Floyd Gurley is staying in a veteran hospital with no more chickens.) Curt Langston met Floyd Gurley in the 90's. They became friends instantly and exchanged thoughts on how to breed the Kearny Whitehackle.

What Curt Langston does, is to cross his Kearny Whitehackle with the Orientals. This creates a good cross, which enabled Curt to win 13 straight fights in long knife years ago, and to win a 4-cock derby recently. This is the reason, why the Kearny Whitehackle is good to cross with the Roundheads--because Roundheads have Oriental blood in them.

Among others, and in the Philippines, RED GAMEFARM which is owned by Edwin Aranez and Raffy Campos has been successful with the Kearny Whitehackle which they got from Steve Sturm. They were blessed to get the Kearny Whitehackle, before Steve Sturm passed away.

In addition, RED GAMEFARM, is known for the DINK FAIR SWEATERS. It is said that getting stocks from RED GAMEFARM, is as good as getting stocks from DINK FAIR. However, the DINK FAIR Sweaters are not bred for the long-knife slasher fighting. Thus, RED GAMEFARM, blended the Kearny Whitehackles with their Dink Fair Sweaters.

EUREKA!!! The results were dramatic. Out of 9 cocks that were pitted, RED GAMEFARM, had 10 wins. One cock was pitted twice and won. An excellent perfect 110% for the RED GAMEFARM using the Kearny Whitehackle.

CARSON FARM's NEWLY ACQUIRED BLOODLINE

Carson Farm is proud of the newly acquired stocks of KEARNY WHITEHACKLE which were imported from the United States of America. It came from a known breeder which strain can be traced from the original stocks of FLOYD GURLEY.

The Kearny Whitehackles are now being carefully bred by CARSON FARM.

They are set as PURE, and are crossed with the Sweaters and Roundheads.

For more information, please visit www.carsonfarm.com.

sources:

1) ******** MAGAZINE, Issue #1, pp. 18-23, 2006
2) Cockfights Magazine
3) Sabong.net.ph. Forum

KEARNY WHITEHACKLE now in CARSON FARM

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o94/tres_mentiras/KearnyWhitehackle1.jpg

I don't know how you made these conclusions about the Kearney's.. Most of them have descrepancies about their capabilities in the long knife competition.. Yeah, we have the right to our freedom of speech and press; If the source of your Kearny's came from a different person which I do believe...If it came from Floyd himself, I don't think he will change what he had deposed earlier..

Cheers!!!

maning

tres_mentiras
December 4th, 2006, 07:46 PM
COCKFIGHTING is a sport of the noble. Bets are placed through word of mouth and trust and confidence.

This noble sport of ours, involves pride in victory and dignity in defeat. It fosters camaraderie and to some a friendly main for that matter.

We have all the right to say what we think and to express it in any way that we want. That is the guarantee conferred to us by the First Amendment of the American Constitution as adopted by Article III of the 1987 Philippine Constitution.

SABONG is all about preference. Some love the Sweaters, while others would die for their Lemons. There are many who like the Blacks and there are those fanciers of Hatches, Kelsos, Kearny Whitehackles, Bantams, Turkeys, Ducks, Love Birds and the line goes on....

There are people who breed Asils/Aseels or whatever and there are those who despise them for their looks and lack of gameness.

But to each is his own in cockfighting.

You may think that such statement is c#2p or s%3t for that matter, but to some it is one of the best statement that they could ever read.

To those, who have a hard time accepting the fact that in cockfighting, there would always be disagreements because of difference of PREFERENCE and TASTE, perhaps it is time to be open minded this time.... Best is to give respect to each others beliefs or opinions.

One may say, it's not true. Others who say "I know everything about it," may just do his thing...as if people would believe him.

The thing is, cockfighting is not all about who has the best fowls...as defeat will always happen. It involves the simple joys of looking at your precious cock (regardless if it is a White Leg Horn) and thanking God for another day, to be able to enjoy the hobby more....

Regardless of the truthfulness, or falacies....what is important is that your conscience is clean and that you've earn some friends.

IT'S ALL ABOUT PREFERENCE.... RESPECT WOULD BE BEST.

Peace. God bless.

-Tres Mentiras

apong_ambo
December 4th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Regardless of whether statements posted willingly by registered members are fact or opinions, a member has the right to make conclusions based on available information him/her without committing a libelous act against a person. I am sure that your statements/posts on this forum are also based on very credible sources regardless if they are 1st, 2nd, or 3rd hand sources.....but this is still public forum (please see the definiton of forum and discussion below from Merriam Webster Dictionary). My point is we can post different opinions without being so critical towards fellow members. We can ask questions without being sarcastic, and most of all we can comptetitive in this sport without being enemies. Peace to all and happy holidays to you and your family.

forum

One entry found for forum. Main Entry: fo∑rum http://www.m-w.com/images/audio.gif (javascript:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?forum001.wav=forum'))
Pronunciation: 'for-&m
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural forums also fo∑ra http://www.m-w.com/images/audio.gif (javascript:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?forum002.wav=fora')) /-&/
Etymology: Latin; akin to Latin foris outside, fores door -- more at DOOR (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/door)
1 a : the marketplace or public place of an ancient Roman city forming the center of judicial and public business b : a public meeting place for open discussion c : a medium (as a newspaper or online service) of open discussion or expression of ideas
2 : a judicial body or assembly : COURT (http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/court)
3 a : a public meeting or lecture involving audience discussion b : a program (as on radio or television) involving discussion of a problem usually by several authorities

discussion

2 entries found for discussion.
To select an entry, click on it. discussionpanel discussion Main Entry: dis∑cus∑sion http://www.m-w.com/images/audio.gif (javascript:popWin('/cgi-bin/audio.pl?discus05.wav=discussion'))
Pronunciation: di-'sk&-sh&n
Function: noun
1 : consideration of a question in open and usually informal debate
2 : a formal treatment of a topic in speech or writing

I don't know how you made these conclusions about the Kearney's.. Most of them have descrepancies about their capabilities in the long knife competition.. Yeah, we have the right to our freedom of speech and press; If the source of your Kearny's came from a different person which I do believe...If it came from Floyd himself, I don't think he will change what he had deposed earlier..

Cheers!!!

maning

Maning
December 5th, 2006, 04:10 AM
Floyd always mentioned about another guy from Jersey, I guess that was you Maning.

I am not sure if Floyd was refering to me.. I've been acquiantances with him for a long time.. Just like you, we stepped foot in his yard and made a friendship with him.. I bought and fought his fowls (sometimes together with him).. Your statement and mine have had big discrepancies with others..

I am not here to make any arguments with the Kearneys.. People who read this will determine for themselves who to believe.. Either fom those who got it direct from the horse's mouth, or from second hand information.

The AD will be more enticing to prospect buyers.. A good revenue.. You never know, the KEARNEY"S might be a blockbuster in the market now, not like with Floyd before...

maning

mansmith
December 5th, 2006, 04:39 AM
"One man's garbage, maybe another man's treasure.."

..well, whoever said that knew more about cockfighting than any of us.

Even the great cockers have erred by saying that their fowls had already bred out, or the straight-comb was much better, only for the so-called bred out fowl to flourish again in the hands of another, or for the peacomb, to flourish later on in the slasher knife, which was true in the case of sweaters and the yellow legged hatch, if you haven't read their stories..

Who knows wt avalon may turned out to be a better selector than Floyd Gurley himself.

For anybody who knows what he's looking for, and believe it in his heart, may turned out to be right, sooner or later..

apong_ambo
December 5th, 2006, 04:45 AM
Boots

Gud day to you, do you have any inside information which type of whitehackle the JK Farm and Ampil Bros. used that created the roosters they used in the Jan. 2006 WSC fights #19 & 20? I was trying to check their websites but it was down.

Maning
December 5th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Usually one's garbage is always garbage.. You are lucky if you can turn them into trash..

I always ignore stories if it's not first hand experience.. I have YL hatches that are winning for me.. I leave behind their stories because i got them from whom i knew they didn't made them..

That will be history if WT Avalon will be a better selector than Floyd and It will stay forevever in the sabong books, believe me...

maning

apong_ambo
December 5th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Maning

Who ever said that members or guests of this forum have to believe every single thing that is posted on any thread inside this forum? People's right to believe what ever they want is already a given in a public forum like this, it is not the exception, but rather it is the norm. In addition, this KWH thread was intended to be an advertisement, these are members just sharing their knowldge on the subject and giving credit to the sources of the aforementioned knowledge.

I do recognize your comments and experience as very informative, and I'm assuming you mean well by stating them. I understand your statements are based on your experiences and I'm sure everyone viewing this thread is very appreciative of that. But who knows, another cocker might experience better results with them.

Cheers my friend

I am not sure if Floyd was refering to me.. I've been acquiantances with him for a long time.. Just like you, we stepped foot in his yard and made a friendship with him.. I bought and fought his fowls (sometimes together with him).. Your statement and mine have had big discrepancies with others..

I am not here to make any arguments with the Kearneys.. People who read this will determine for themselves who to believe.. Either fom those who got it direct from the horse's mouth, or from second hand information.

The AD will be more enticing to prospect buyers.. A good revenue.. You never know, the KEARNEY"S might be a blockbuster in the market now, not like with Floyd before...

maning

CrookedToe
December 5th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Wow such a hot topic. I was told by a local breeder that this bloodline is not a "flashy" fighter but cuts deep and cuts well. I have had the previledge to see these birds spar and they WERE NOT slow they were quite powerful.

apong_ambo
December 5th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Maning

It is quite ironic that your signature on this forum contradicts your attitude and behavior on this KWH thread.

PEACE BE UNTO YOU

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q150/apong_ambo/PEACEBRO.jpg

And if you think the statements by other members are 2nd hand...please honor your statement and just ignore this thread

Usually one's garbage is always gar
bage.. You are lucky if you can turn them into trash..

I always ignore stories if it's not first hand experience.. I have YL hatches that are winning for me.. I leave behind their stories because i got them from whom i knew they didn't made them..

That will be history if WT Avalon will be a better selector than Floyd and It will stay forevever in the sabong books, believe me...

maning

mansmith
December 5th, 2006, 06:07 AM
"One's garbage is always a garbage."

If that is the thinking of the originators of the modern day sweater, and of the yellow legged hatch, then the modern cockfighting would still be ruled by the green legged hatch, and just because these originators didn't think any better.

And that's what separates the originators, from those who are not; they're ahead of their time, because they always think better!

ROD610
December 5th, 2006, 07:42 AM
KWH,

I just talked to a reliable source who are breeding gamebirds for awhile in midwest. Maning was right that those Floyd Gurleys' KWHs were not good then in the long knife. They're too slow for this type of weapon. However, the KWHs of Steve Sturm has another story to tell. While it is true that it was originated from Floyds, Steve's dad got this a long time ago and their style was far away different from what Floyds were actually fighting. They said that it may not be the real KWH but Floyd call them KWH anyway. Who knows. Furthermore, this breeder also said that you can see the difference by just the posture/physical feature of the Sturms' KWH and Curts KWH. The Sturms is far away better stationed, shorter bodied, more slick looking and better eyes. We don't also know if the Sturms put another blood that made it good for the long knife. Again, who knows. But one thing this breeder was sure about, this Floyds KWH was not that great then.

Rod

mansmith
December 5th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Then let the firsthand experience of Wt Avalon be the sole judge. That would be much better than any firsthand information.

apong_ambo
December 5th, 2006, 12:16 PM
CORRECTION ON POST #168

I meant, "this thread is not intended as an advertisement"

swtrhtch1925
December 5th, 2006, 12:26 PM
I posted Steve's Kearney a few weeks back being moulted (Post #58). Here it is now almost done with moulting at a friend's farm in South part of Mexico.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m74/hyamsuan/kearney.jpg

HAS
December 5th, 2006, 12:49 PM
This line of kearneys are slow for LK but they can cut.Hope to perpetuate them and blend it to produce LK fowls.1/2 kearney 1/2 givens spangle mclean has been doing well for us.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o22/surgical_assasins/Gamefowl%20Pictures/WHITEHACKLE/spangledwhitehackle.jpg

jlbs72
December 5th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I think maning is only sharing his first hand information about the KWH of floyd. as he said, he personally knew floyd and fight his chicken.

apong ambo and wt avalon,
have you seen how the KWH of floyd or curt fight in long knife ? not sure sparring but in the arena ? can you share to us how they fights ?

blade
December 5th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Here's a pic of Curt Langston

daredevil
December 5th, 2006, 08:53 PM
HERE IS A PIC OF A 3X WINNER IN THE SK UNSCRATHED.IM TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT HOW SLOW THESE WHITEHACKLES ARE.MINE ARE NOT FAST AS A VELCRO.BUT THERE STILL FAST, SMART AND CAN CUT.THERE DOING GOOD IN THE PHILIPPINES.IM SENDING MORE OVER THERE.THANKS DAREDEVIL www.daredevilgamefarm.com/gallery/whwhite.html

WT AVALON
December 5th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Mga Kasabong...

In breeding we have different style, some want hatch, claret, kelso, lemon etc......to be
their foundation blood... it so happen that I select this Kearney Whitehackle to infuse with
my current lines of BB Sweaters, Roundhead and clarets... why some fellow cockers
speculate and say something, even me dont' know yet the result of this breeding... and
some say negative about the breeder (Curt Langston), c mon we should know better than
this, Curt is a dedicated breeder, honest, hardworking and he loves is chicken, he win
some and loss some fights too... this is all about our sport.. I mean our Sport...
I never seen him fight is chicken... well Im' lucky that I talk to him, almost every now
then,before me and my partner decide to get some breeding materials...
Thanks to all of you, that view and give their POSITIVE response to this thread, we as
Cocker in general should also show a good role model to the beginners, to continue this
traditon of our forefathers... MABUHAY KAYONG LAHAT MGA KASABONG AND MERRY
CHRISTMAS AND HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEARS TO ALL OF YOU...

Yfis...

daredevil
December 5th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Wt Avalon,i Have Crossed Mine On Jj Kelso,madigan Clarets And Davis Roundhead.the Claret And Roundhead Crosses Are Very Good.i Will Be Breeding The Clarets And Roundheads Again This Year.ive Got Some Cowans Coming This Year So, I Cant Wait.im Just Not A Sweater Fan. Everyone Has Them I Like To Be Alittle Different.laguan Called Me Last Night And He Really Said Some Good Things About You.are You Fighting In The Wsc This Year With Some Whitehackles Or Is That Next Year?i Tried Some With My Blacks This Year.there Still Young But, Wow They Are Looking Good.really High Flyers And Quick.if I Had To Choose 2 Breeds It Would Be My Whitehackles And Brown Reds But, Hey That Just Me And Thats Why Everyone Has There Own Apenion....thats What Makes This Sport So Fun You Have So Many Different Breeds And Crosses. Thanks Daredevil

jlbs72
December 5th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the reply wt avalon. after reading the ******** mag re curt langston, i was too eager to know how his chcicken fihgt, i just thought you already saw his chicken fight in the arena thats why you bought 5 trios of his KWH. no pun intended sir. Goodluck in your breeding and Merry Christmas.

Laguan
December 6th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Things that have been said about the WH may all be true, positive or negative. The only thing I can say is that I know WT Avalon to be meticulous in selecting materials that he intend to breed. I am sure he has done his homework. For this reason alone, I will have no problem getting these WHs' offspring from him.

apong_ambo
December 6th, 2006, 01:10 AM
I agree with your sentiments Daredevil

This is exactly what enticed me to this sport. It's the idea that there is no perfect rooster, that even the best breeder cannot win them all and that we always have to continuously strive to improve our gamefowls. And as a professional accountant I always apply the Going Concern Assumption, that “assumes that the business will be in operation for a long time”. As I intend to enjoy this sport for a very long time.

I am only a fledgling sabungero and I admit that I have much yet to learn and experience. I’m so thankful that we have this forum to share our insights and experience to learn from fellow sabungeros. I thank all of those that have shared your information and experiences in this forum as they are very valuable to beginners like me. The KWH are one of many bloodlines that I’m interested in and I truly appreciate that WT Avalon & Kingsgamefarm among many in this forum that have helped me in acquiring some of my bloodlines…B. Barnett, Jerry Adkins , Wendell Loveday, Dee Cox, & Blackwater (Alabama) to name a few. Of course to beginners like me, it is very gratifying when we get assistance from fellow cockers who unconditionally lend a helping hand to strangers. If I have offended anybody in any way by expressing my opinions, then I apologize and extend my hands to you. If I can quote my mentor

“WIN OR LOSE IS HOW I PLAY THIS GAME”

Friendship and Lessons learned are what I cherished most in this sport

Mabuhay Kayong Lahat Mga Kaibigan

mansmith
December 6th, 2006, 04:37 AM
CORRECTION ON POST #168

I meant, "this thread is not intended as an advertisement"

But your last post looks like one. Nice.

apong_ambo
December 6th, 2006, 05:13 AM
Mansmith

If that's your opinion then I'll respect it

Good day to you

mansmith
December 6th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Mabuhay ka kaibigan!

apong_ambo
December 6th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Pareng Mansmith, isa kang marangal at maunawwain na kasabong. More power to you :)

WT AVALON
December 6th, 2006, 10:35 AM
Daredevil...
Nice talking to you buddy, Im' not ready this coming WSC, maybe 2008 as I explain
it to you to join the WSC, our pocket is must be ready and we need bird that are winners
already in the derby... I mean aces... Yes, I like your opinion, just having fun, that we
breed a lot of crosses, but we have one thing in common, We love this sport... Happy
Holidays Buddy...
HAS,
Your Spangle Whitehackle look great, I was facinated with the Whitehackle because
of their Cutting ability and gameness, we have Spangle Whitehackle pullet cross with the
red one, if we can produce some Spangle Whitehackle I will give you one pullet...
mansmith,
As I said before breeding is very complicated, in producing good bloodlines whether
its Pure or battlecross, our quest to produce excellent fighter is our priority, but the end
of the day. I can say" Win or Loss is how we Played the game" Merry Christmas and a
Happy New Year...

Yfis...

mansmith
December 6th, 2006, 11:20 AM
WT Avalon,

You must have heard of Bob Howard. He won the world slasher in the early 90's, using whitehackle/Bobby Boles crossed. Do you have an oriental blood?

Apong Ambo,

I like your style, man. Thanks!

HAS
December 6th, 2006, 12:46 PM
thanks kuya Noel

blade
December 6th, 2006, 02:19 PM
As far as I know, Curt Langston is a dear friend of Pit Games Publisher Manny Berbano and you wouldn't believe that he got two divorces because of his love for the kearneys and his chickens. he is now seriously moving into the Philippines and is based in Bohol. Shurchen Farm has acquired kearneys from Curt and immediately joined big-time competitions like the NGBA and BAKBAKAN where they scored 7pts.
A respectable performance for a newcomer.

On the other hand, Mayor Juancho Aguirre who is also trying to experiment on Kearneys expressed his appreciation for the very good blending quality of this bloodline. Raffy and Edwin of RED GAmefarm are also doing well with this bloodline when crossed with the sweaters. Yes it is true they are just single strokers but deadly and super game.

Attached is a picture of Curt's Pure Chesapeake Green Legged Kearney.

daredevil
December 6th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Noel,it Was Nice Talking To You Yesterday.i Will Start On The Wsc Stuff This Year.it Would Be A Pleasure To Come Over There And Fight Some Of My Aces.have A Good Day.thanks Daredevil

apong_ambo
December 6th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Blade

Thanks for the inside information :)

As far as I know, Curt Langston is a dear friend of Pit Games Publisher Manny Berbano and you wouldn't believe that he got two divorces because of his love for the kearneys and his chickens. he is now seriously moving into the Philippines and is based in Bohol. Shurchen Farm has acquired kearneys from Curt and immediately joined big-time competitions like the NGBA and BAKBAKAN where they scored 7pts.

On the other hand, Mayor Juancho Aguirre who is also trying to experiment on Kearneys expressed his appreciation for the very good blending quality of this bloodline. Raffy and Edwin of RED GAmefarm are also doing well with this bloodline when crossed with the sweaters. Yes it is true they are just single strokers but deadly and super game.

WT AVALON
December 6th, 2006, 09:24 PM
WT Avalon,

You must have heard of Bob Howard. He won the world slasher in the early 90's, using whitehackle/Bobby Boles crossed. Do you have an oriental blood?

Apong Ambo,

I like your style, man. Thanks!

Yes, I remember that their entry name is Bob and Joe, I talked to Curt Langston that
he have only two bloodlines his Kearney Whitehackle and Jap (oriental) and we will
bring him to the Phil. this coming year 2007... Mabuhay ka kasabong...

HAS,

Its'my pleasure and I will keep you posted...
Blade,

Thanks for the morale support, as I've said we talked to Curt Langston several times
before we buy several trio's from him... now its up to us... hope it will nick with our
current bloodlines in the farm... you made my day... this is all about in our sport, always
think the unthinkable, and at the end of the day " Win or Loss is how we played the game"
... Mabuhay ka kasabong...

Maning
December 6th, 2006, 09:35 PM
In my belief my current signature or my previous one's, don't contradict with my personality..I stand to be corrected but that's how I feel about it...

Your screen name APONG sounds a very respectable older guy but it doesn't seems that way in my understanding :)

Cheers and Have a nice holyday!

maning

Maning

It is quite ironic that your signature on this forum contradicts your attitude and behavior on this KWH thread.

PEACE BE UNTO YOU

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q150/apong_ambo/PEACEBRO.jpg

And if you think the statements by other members are 2nd hand...please honor your statement and just ignore this thread

falconbirds
December 6th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Let's wait and see the Kearny Whitehackle on how they will fight for the next coming season.. I think if this fowls are not competitive enough they should have been disregarded long time ago by breeders;)

Certainly I will still try to use this blend for 2007 stag season.. so Carson Farm breed the best combination you have;)

jlbs72
December 6th, 2006, 11:08 PM
blade,

whats the entry name of shurchen ? are they using full show of whitehackle from curt ? saw 1 fight of shurchen entry using black fowl from charlie sy.

HAS
December 6th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Deadly single strokers-Supergame

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i164/hascumfides/california_san-diego-021-1.jpg

apong_ambo
December 7th, 2006, 12:18 AM
HAS

Thanks for sharing the photo, nice looking rooster. Cheers

apong_ambo
December 7th, 2006, 12:30 AM
Respect among people or friends is earned not sought after, don't worry I recognize your view and comments...but your respect is not on my christmas or shopping list...

Life moves on and that's that

Magandang araw sayo

In my belief my current signature or my previous one's, don't contradict with my personality..I stand to be corrected but that's how I feel about it...

Your screen name APONG sounds a very respectable older guy but it doesn't seems that way in my understanding :)

Cheers and Have a nice holyday!

maning

Sotangbastos
December 7th, 2006, 07:38 AM

Hey blade, you seems to know a little bit about Shurchen Farms but I doubt that those winners have Curts kearney in it. I know coz I send them those Kearneys from Curt and as I said in my previous post they been culling a lot of offspring from Curts kearney..My guess would be either from the Kearney I purchased them from Peggy Douglas or it could be even be from the Kearney broodcock that they borrowed from me. That I have to check with Shurchen farms the next time i to them

ziddez106
December 7th, 2006, 09:08 AM
owhh...another revelation :confused:

njyomo
December 7th, 2006, 10:32 AM
A few months back, Schurchen Gamefarm invited Curt to their farm and gave him a very good reception including dinner and everything. If they are very dissatisfied with Curt's Kearneys why even bother inviting him and pay for his dinner. I find that hard to believe. I'm sorry. I'm smelling sour grapes here. I believe someone here actually brokered the Kearneys between Curt and Shurchen. Maybe something happened in between we do not know about.

WT AVALON
December 7th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Mga Kasabong...

I just talked to Curt Langston today, telling that Shurchen farms bought 5 broodstag
and 16 pullets, I told him to e-mail me the real story regarding the Kearney Whitehackle
deal... why some member of this site dont' stop in giving negative story about Curt L.
Well frankly speaking, still we trust him, for being honest and a man, with word of Honor
and we will sponsor him this coming year 2007 to train and handle our birds in the derby...
... sooner the truth will come out and truth hurts...

boots
December 7th, 2006, 10:30 PM
Apong Ambo,

Its AMFIL Farm not Ampil.Whitehackle Cross of AMFIL Farm and Sweater Cross of JK Farm.

apong_ambo
December 8th, 2006, 12:19 AM
WT Avalon

If I could ask you for a favor, the next time you speak to your partner NH, can you ask him if he's going to be in Manila this coming February? And if possible can we schedule a visit to Curt before he goes to Manila next year. Thanks

Sotangbastos
December 8th, 2006, 02:55 AM
A few months back, Schurchen Gamefarm invited Curt to their farm and gave him a very good reception including dinner and everything. If they are very dissatisfied with Curt's Kearneys why even bother inviting him and pay for his dinner. I find that hard to believe. I'm sorry. I'm smelling sour grapes here. I believe someone here actually brokered the Kearneys between Curt and Shurchen. Maybe something happened in between we do not know about.
njy, i know that event took place, in fact i talk to curt the week before he flew to manila to meet her prospect from bohol. i also know that curt is trying to make a deal with shurchen for partnership but was rejected by shurchen. curt was invited just to show him the farm and to show him Fil. hospitality and to listen to his offer. i think Manny b. arrange the meeting. oh by the way, i have all the money order receipt from the transaction

Maning
December 8th, 2006, 03:10 AM
Sotangbastos ,

Keep that info coming ;)

maning

Sotangbastos
December 8th, 2006, 03:22 AM
Mga Kasabong...

I just talked to Curt Langston today, telling that Shurchen farms bought 5 broodstag
and 16 pullets, I told him to e-mail me the real story regarding the Kearney Whitehackle
deal... why some member of this site dont' stop in giving negative story about Curt L.
Well frankly speaking, still we trust him, for being honest and a man, with word of Honor
and we will sponsor him this coming year 2007 to train and handle our birds in the derby...
... sooner the truth will come out and truth hurts...
mang noel, 16 kearney pullets, 2 jap stags, 3 kearney stags to be excact. the sixteen pullets payment were wired via western union [$4,000] direct to curt by shurchen's uncle. the five stags transaction were done thru me. you may also want to ask curt how many from the first 2 shipment died [from shipment and after about a month in the farm. Curt confirmed that the in the past he's been giving marek vaccine to his fowl. He says the batch that went to Shurchen did not get it. and he says this years product recieve one.Well , could it be mareks that's been showing in curts fowl. Who knows...I hope he tells you the truth and i hope the truth wont hurt you in the process.....

firefox
December 8th, 2006, 06:54 AM
this thread or topic is becoming very interesting. I agree with sotangbastos that there appears to be a problem in curt's place. It seem that his birds have weak immun system, they easily get sick. I purchase a trio from curt and the 2 hen were sick and eventually died. however, curt replaced them which was really nice of curt. I have other kearney wh that came from the late steve sturm. steve's kearney consist of two bloodline, one that was passed from one generation to the next generation in his family, and the other, floyd gurley line. I would like to ask respectfully anyone in this thread who purchased curt kearney, if they look like butcher.

Sotangbastos
December 8th, 2006, 07:44 AM
thanks firefox, guys this will be my last comment to this thread. Pls don't get me wrong, Curt is a friend, and he is always a gentleman in every aspect and its always a pleasure chatting with him but the guy did sent me some broodfowl that got sick and died. Even after the first transaction we still give him another chance and order more but the same results and Shurchen in their quest to really propagate this kearney line [against my recomendation this time] still give curt a chance and order that 21 broodfowl[16 pullets, 5 stags] and i believe all this 21 survive but as i said the offspring easily get sick and gets culled...I thought that by sharing this input will help the brotherhood in this site but obviously some member don't want to hear the truth....I can just hope your luck is better than mine.....Merry X'mas and Peace to all Sabungeros!!!!!!!!
Goodluck to all sa CF Derby this Jan...

gamecock96
December 8th, 2006, 07:58 AM
If i would be buying fowls from somebody. I would want all the comments, may it be good or bad and just weight everything that i read. Hopefully, everybody gets an education from this thread.

Jlbs,
The only reason Wilvin Sy fought for schurgens is because the entry wont field fowls for the runner up and i think Wilvin Sy has a few roosters that are already in manila and conditioned that's why he just took over the entry.

Al

njyomo
December 8th, 2006, 08:01 AM
I purchased 4 trios 2 1/2 months ago and the first batch of chicks just hatched. I will certainly give an update on how the chicks are doing. i got a 95% hatch and the chicks look healthy so far.

Firefox, my stag looks like the one HAS posted but younger. One thing I can agree though is that Curt is a real gentleman and very honest with his dealings. In fact, a gentleman from batangas who bought a month earlier than me decided he did not like the medium station he originally requested from Curt, so Curt asked me if he can ship a replacement with my shipment so i can deliver it to the guy. The guy was very happy. Curt did not have to do that but being a nice guy as he is, he wants all his customers to be happy. Lucky me, i still have that extra stag from Curt that I will try to sell for him. He even told me to sell it for a bargain since there is no way for the bird to get back to him. Have a wondedrful Holidays everyone.

WT AVALON
December 8th, 2006, 08:55 PM
njyomo...

Truly you are a gentleman also, for backing up Curt L. and his chicken, for I know that
he is just a simple man, trying to make is living thru raising chicken... mabuhay ka...

Sotang Bastos,

There you go, as you said Curt is a friend of yours, I cant' remember how many times
I talked to him, I know that he is honest man and dont' bother anybody and just take care of
his chicken... I can understand you, for I have been in this sport for almost 40 yrs
and counting, I met a lot of friend, just talking with them... and sometimes they
surprise me for visiting me in the farm... along the way I never malign a fellow
cocker with his chicken and his style of selecting bloodlines to breed... as Emoy said...
Sultada na... Mabuhay ka... and you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...

Yfis...

apong_ambo
December 11th, 2006, 12:40 AM
Sorry Boots... I got the spelling from this ad, if the ad is wrong then I stand corrected and I will call Pit Games Magazine for the error.

God day to you

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q150/apong_ambo/FARM%20ADS/AMPILAD.jpg

Apong Ambo,

Its AMFIL Farm not Ampil.Whitehackle Cross of AMFIL Farm and Sweater Cross of JK Farm.

daredevil
December 14th, 2006, 02:56 AM
talking about curt,could his chickens be getting sick from the shipper?some say they got sick some say they didnt.is there any common in there with some shippers? i dont know just setting here think and being bored. what is mareks?never heard that.. name just wondering? bored at work ready to go home and play with my stags.hehehe thanks daredvil www.daredevilgamefarm.com

falconbirds
December 22nd, 2006, 04:00 AM
Happy Holidays To All Of You:)

WT AVALON
Season's Greetings.. how's your breeding? I will drop-by in your farm most probably on February '07.. hope to see your kearnies;)

Cheers,
Yfis

apong_ambo
December 22nd, 2006, 04:51 AM
FB/WT Avalon/Tres Mentiras/Daredevil

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR

Laguan
December 22nd, 2006, 05:16 AM
Apong Ambo kahit nalimutan mo ako, Merry Christmas din.

tatodupaya
December 22nd, 2006, 06:51 AM
Marek's disease is a highly infectious viral disease causing paralysis and eventual death to affected birds up to about 80% of the flock. Recovered birds can remain carriers and shedders of the virus (feather follicles) for life. There appears to be no agreement as to whether the disease can be passed on from the broodfowl to its offspring via the egg. Those who maintain that it can be transmitted via the egg, however, say "Transmission via the egg is not significant."

Be that as it may, I would not want Marek's on my broodfowls.

apong_ambo
December 22nd, 2006, 08:35 AM
Pare Laguan

Sa PM na lang ako nag greet sayo. Tawagan na lang before xmas. Ingat pards

Apong Ambo kahit nalimutan mo ako, Merry Christmas din.

daredevil
December 22nd, 2006, 08:50 PM
Noel,how About Some White Hennies? Hehehe

EXODIA
December 23rd, 2006, 08:17 AM
Kearney whitehackle of Russell Poole.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o29/sanjoseiriga/whitehackle.jpg

EXODIA
December 23rd, 2006, 08:19 AM
Full brother of KWH above.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o29/sanjoseiriga/whitehackle2.jpg

EXODIA
December 23rd, 2006, 08:20 AM
another brother of KWH above.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o29/sanjoseiriga/IMG_0115.jpg

falconbirds
December 23rd, 2006, 08:23 PM
"BUON NATALE E FELICE ANNO NUOVO 2007"

cheers,
ZaidyCon & Kids;)

ziddez106
December 23rd, 2006, 10:21 PM
to all WHITEHACKLE Lovers...........

Merry Christmas !!!

ROD610
December 24th, 2006, 05:47 AM
Nice pics Exodia! Beautiful Kearnys'. Tight feathers good station!

apong_ambo
December 24th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Afrikaans GesŽende Kersfees
Czech Prejeme Vam Vesele Vanoce a stastny Novy Rok
Danish Glśdelig Jul
Esperanto Gajan Kristnaskon
Finnish Hyvšš Joulua
French Joyeux NoŽl
German Froehliche Weihnachten
Greek Kala Christouyenna
Hawaiian Mele Kalikimaka
Irish Nollaig Shona Dhuit
Italian Buon Natale or Buone Feste Natalizie
Japanese Shinnen omedeto. Kurisumasu Omedeto
Korean Sung Tan Chuk Ha
Latin Natale hilare
Lithuanian Linksmu Kaledu
Norwegian God Jul
Polish Wesolych Swiat Bozego Narodzenia
Portuguese Feliz Natal
Russian Srozhdestovm Kristovim
Spanish Feliz Navidad
Swahili Kuwa na Krismasi njema
Tagalog Maligayang Pasko
Thai Suksun Wan Christmas
Vietnamese Chuc Mung Giang Sinh
Welsh Nadolig Llawen

WT AVALON
January 1st, 2007, 12:59 AM
Happy New Year To All Of You Kasabong...

stinger
January 1st, 2007, 01:21 AM
Happy New Year to All!

delano77
January 1st, 2007, 05:28 PM
An interesting post with comments about the breed that are somewhat suspect.
One post states that Mr. Gurley obtained his Kearney's direct from Mike Kearney and that he has bred them for 50 years. That would indicate Gurley obtained them direct around 1956. I don't know what year Kearney died but he emigrated to the US around 1870. If Kearney was 20 years old when he got here he would be 106 in 1956 when according to the poster Gurley bought them from Kearney. I ain't saying it ain't so but it makes me wonder.

Another poster says KWH come only straight comb and white legs. I know that is inaccurate as the original 12 cocks he brought with him were straight combed with yellow shanks and never white. By the late 1890's the KWH were often showing roundhead and pea combed due to the infusion of the Boston RH as bred by Kittridge/Duryea. Kearney was in charge of breeding on Duryea's estate.

It is accurate that Kearney had the straight WH lines and the BR lines which he did cross for battle fowl. Nevertheless, in my opinion a green shanked WH could be all Kearney(137 years with no new blood?) but it is a decendant of the cross not the straight KWH blood.

The original fowl that Kearney brought over and continued to send for years afterward were light red, yellow legs, white under the hackles, black breast streaked with dark ginger, the outer hackle shading to light golden on the shoulders, the back a dark crimson, tail wide and carried up, red eyes, thin single comb and white underfeather.

delano77
January 1st, 2007, 05:38 PM
So with that description take a good look at your KWH and you can compare how true they are to what Mr. Kearney held in his own two hands. Keep in mind that the Boston infusion was also yellow legged but roundheaded.

daredevil
January 2nd, 2007, 12:55 AM
The Boston Roundheads From What Ive Read And Heard Came From Iriland With Out An Id Tag.was Said To Be A Irish Kearney Whitehackle.there Is A Story In The Gamecock Aug/sept 2005 Issue Page 49.writen By Lou Elliot.hes Good Friens With John Tynan From Iriland.mine Came From Will allen And When Will Had Them They Where Red.his Grandson Houston Got The Whitehackles And Had Some Popout White So, He Breed To the White Side.the Old Man I Got Them From Has Had Them 35 Yeras And He Got Them From Houston ALLEN Himself. Thanks Daredevil

harbourmaster
January 2nd, 2007, 06:01 AM
The gentleman I got my kearney's from have had them since 1977,he got them from an old Irish man who had nothing but kearneys on his farm ,and he had them for 60 years,so that takes us back to 1917.My kearney's come 100% straight comb,yellow legged,and for the most part ,are black breasted red with neck hackles fading to yellow at the shoulders,and crimson shoulders,a small % come spangled.

harbourmaster
January 4th, 2007, 04:29 AM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/harbourmaster2007/picturesoctober272.jpg

harbourmaster
January 4th, 2007, 04:42 AM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/harbourmaster2007/picturesoctober272.jpg

harbourmaster
January 4th, 2007, 04:50 AM
This spangle is a son of the abovehttp://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/harbourmaster2007/nov132006007.jpg kearney,all the other sons were like the father.

hope1126
January 4th, 2007, 07:29 AM
harbourmaster
nice looking KWH.... they look authentic kearney's

apong_ambo
January 4th, 2007, 12:27 PM
I agree with you Hope, Harbourmaster's Kearney's look excellent.

yfis

WT AVALON
January 5th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Hope, A Ambo... I agree with you, they look solid... we have some KWH chicks
already and just set the 6 dozs. of eggs that I brought from US, all KWH
I talk to the TSA supervisor that they are chicken eggs for breeding mateials
only, they are polite and honest inspect it manually... ka boom, they did not
pass thier powerfull x-ray they have... I will just wait for the result of this
if how many will hatched... mabuhay kayo mga kasabong... San Mig was so
crisp to drink when its, cold...

Starrer
January 5th, 2007, 01:37 AM
Hi Noel,

I'm glad you made it back home safely. Congratulations on those W's. Keep them coming. I didn't get the chance to call you back on New Years eve. I was kinda busy. I got my sweater trio from James Campbell and am waiting for the Crow Graves' trio to arrive anytime soon.

WT AVALON
January 5th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Hi Noel,

I'm glad you made it back home safely. Congratulations on those W's. Keep them coming. I didn't get the chance to call you back on New Years eve. I was kinda busy. I got my sweater trio from James Campbell and am waiting for the Crow Graves' trio to arrive anytime soon.

The Sweater Stag that I oder for my cousin in Seatle from James is beautifull
and today maybe Willie will deliver the White Whitehackle that daredevil give
to me as a Christmas Gift... what is a friend for... Goodluck on your
breeding...

Starrer
January 5th, 2007, 02:01 AM
I saw those whitehackles from Daredevil in Willie's place. Didn't get the chance to feel them thou. They look awesome thou. He shipped some yesterday, but it didn't include mine because Crow didn't get to ship my chickens last week. I prefer to ship them all at the same time to save on vacines. hehehe.

falconbirds
January 5th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Hope, A Ambo... I agree with you, they look solid... we have some KWH chicks
already and just set the 6 dozs. of eggs that I brought from US, all KWH
I talk to the TSA supervisor that they are chicken eggs for breeding mateials
only, they are polite and honest inspect it manually... ka boom, they did not
pass thier powerfull x-ray they have... I will just wait for the result of this
if how many will hatched... mabuhay kayo mga kasabong... San Mig was so
crisp to drink when its, cold...
Welcome HOME.. I hope the eggs that you have brought will be hatch so that more Kearnies will be seen in your lovely farm. Goodluck on your breeding.. I'll be visiting your farm soon;)

harbourmaster
January 5th, 2007, 03:11 AM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o116/harbourmaster2007/youngstags042.jpg
This stag is full brother to the spangle,and a chip of the old block.

harbourmaster
January 5th, 2007, 05:46 AM
Thanks for the nice comments,hope,apong,and wt avalon,if there is such a thing as pure kearneys,these are Pure.

Laguan
January 5th, 2007, 06:24 AM
pictures of the whitehackles posted in this thread are all beautiful and appear to be solid. it does not matter if they are not the same as the original or where they came from. if the current owners can make them even better than the original, that's good news to us who are dreaming of owning this breed.

daredevil
January 5th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Aman Vency............................

Laguan
January 5th, 2007, 11:49 PM
Daredevil..... and I believe you did a good job on your own version of WH. I hope they will be flying soon to my backyard.