PDA

View Full Version : Breeding trios made in Mexico

A1GFarms
April 17th, 2007, 12:35 PM
will u still import them to the PI and ship by ur fav.brokers........ their price is still the same.

RobinxHood71
April 17th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Boss Ino, for me I will not take the chance..I'd rather buy trios from breeders back home..My two cents...

kogmohon
April 17th, 2007, 12:48 PM
mexico is a different story...i am not really familiar how those gamefowl are being raised in mexico but i have a general idea about their conditions since the weather are somewhat
the same in p.i....i hate to assume stuff but traveling from mexico to the philippines when they are not as healthy and free of desease would result in a lot of mortality during transit. that will be a big problem with the broker and buyer...

A1GFarms
April 17th, 2007, 01:00 PM
will u buy a trio from an american namebrand breeder who got a farm in tijuana-mexico which is a border of cali....and ship to pi.....

kogmohon
April 17th, 2007, 02:21 PM
no way...even if it came from rhandy jumper...there is a world of difference from a game
chickens raised in the u.s. and game chickens that are raised in the third world countries...
i don't think mexican raised gamefowl will survive a very stressful trip from several transfers in a wooden crate in oven like condition for several days or even weeks without
food or water...they will be raped of their health and they become useless as soon as they are received wherever their destination are in the philippines...even if the farm is in the border to the u.s. remember the law...this chickens will still go to a centralized forwarding system that will take time...

arihatch
April 17th, 2007, 11:05 PM
hold your horses kog, were you are from will be the same as in mexico they have top quality birds over there and about a third world county how about the philippines they as poor our wost unless you have a lot of money. so watch what you say go over and challenge them in the big circuit and open your big mouth and watch what will happen with those mexicans birds !

kogmohon
April 17th, 2007, 11:41 PM
what is your problem? we are talking here about shipping birds from mexico to the philippines or vice versa...when the law is signed and effective why don't you try shipping to p.i. and if they arrive healthy i will pay you double...or try it yourself...i will pay for your shipping in a wooden crate to the cargo compartment with transhipments and if you
can survive i will give you a small island in the philipppines with a couple of pullets for you
to enjoy....

plaridel888
April 17th, 2007, 11:52 PM
TJ broder to san diego? its not easy.

funny reactions.... take it easy...

plaridel888

arihatch
April 17th, 2007, 11:58 PM
well you need to watch what you say, you are talking about third world country like if your is up to par, just watch what you say" remember the fish dies by is mouth"

kogmohon
April 18th, 2007, 12:26 AM
i am talking fact not fiction...p.i. and mexico are considered third world countries and i have nothing to do with it...if you are in denial and wants to put mexico in equal footing with the u.s. i don't have a problem with it ...suit yourself...btw...this is the fish that got away...

donnie
April 18th, 2007, 12:39 AM
anymore opinion

expressdelivery
April 18th, 2007, 12:43 AM
the red wheat from northern part of u.s.
has different nutritional value
than those harvested from acapulco
and chihuahua------este--------chikasha
hahahaha

kogmohon
April 18th, 2007, 12:45 AM
Well i am mexican born in us however the mexicans like the philipinos and the americans take real good care of their animals. The ones who have established game farms in mexico i dont think are worried about shipping birds for sale to the philipines. They have major circuits in Mexico US Breeders ship 80 % of their offsprings to mexico each year. But with that said i do not know mexican shipping laws nor have had any experience shipping live aninmals from mexico.

i agree with you nem76...

donnie
April 18th, 2007, 01:05 AM
ah finaly they agreed on something

RalSuBirds
April 18th, 2007, 01:11 AM
It's not a pleasant thing to say and hear but report says that there's a shortage of tortea in Mexico which means shortage of imported corn for gamefowl too....... due to the crazy production of ethanol ........ :eek:

bajaexplor
April 18th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Hola Amigos !

The climates within Mexico, change like many countries, change by region. There are regions within Mexico that mimic the climates in the Southern United States. Thus, regional climatic conditions are a consideration.

Regarding feed. The same feeds that are utilized in the United Stated are also utilized in Mexico. We feed a 16 seed/grain mix.

Mexico is not a Third World County. According to National Geographic, Mexico is an emerging nation with a ranking of 16 th. in the World Economy.

Fighting Ability: Last November, the Intercontinental Derby was held in Queretero, Mexico, attracting the Big Boys from all over the U.S. and Mexico. In a segment USA vs Mexico, only 2 points seperated the two, allowing the the U.S a Victory.

In other words, the Mexicans are breeding quality birds from quality U.S. Stock. But, the question is, can these birds compete in the lk when they are bred for the sk.

I am an American who lives, breeds, and fights birds in Mexico. I imported my Brood Stock from the U.S. . I have a few Trios that are from Mexico that are of equal quality.

Combat crosses are the norm, here. I believe that crossing is necessary to compete in the sk. On occasion, we fight a pure bird, but, for us, the percentages indicate the crosses give a higher winning average.

The problem in acquiring birds from Mexico is in Shipping. I don't know of any Tran Pacific flights out of Mexico.

Just my opinion !

Eric
Los Cabos
Mexico

pelican142
April 18th, 2007, 08:28 AM
in my opinion shipping from mexico or outside united states is more expensive than the usual price that we enjoy right now,with regards to quality of roosters that mexico has; i think its almost the same with american breeders here actually their more meticulous than americans with it comes to breeding because they more often fighting the rooster...

now we need to find way to ship the rooster more descently, we cannot ship the battlecock or battlestags anymore because they know it is for fighting purposes,but in my opinion we can still ship our beloved rooster for breeding ex;one cock and one hen or ten cock and ten hens...we can still find the way to make our american friends happy for not breaking the law.eventually they will still understand us and give way to us.hopefully:)

encargado
April 18th, 2007, 09:08 AM
will u still import them to the PI and ship by ur fav.brokers........ their price is still the same.first of all i think all the best lines are already in the p.i. so for me threres no need to order anything in mexico,here you can buy trio in which breeder you want and you can choose from different lines and different bigtime breeders you beleive in and see them fight in the big league,you actually see them before you buy them unlike outside the p.i.when you cannot go there you just rely on the breeder that he will give you the best ,and then theres the shipping that can take alot out the chickens.

ezil25
April 18th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I strongly agree with you sir Encargado, we already have the best bloodline of fowl in P.I you just need to find the right people, what else can you look for? the problem with us pinoy, we like the sound of imported stocks,,peace out ,,,brothers....

florencioangulo
April 19th, 2007, 11:42 AM
There are a lot of american breeders thinking about moving to Mexico or having a Mexican partner.
Like baja said, we have different climates depending on the regions and also very important, some states that are free of major deceases like marek, newcastle, avian influenza......etc..
The problelm is if the Pi allows chickens from Mexico, even fron those desease free states....?????????????????????

window
April 19th, 2007, 11:21 PM
Concerning raising gamefowl in Mexico.....
There are places in Mexico in which gamefowl are raised healthier and stronger than in many places in the United States. La huasteca for example is one of the best places to raise gamefowl in Mexico, also, there ase some places in high elevation with cool temperatures where diseases do not spread. In my opinion, I do not think that US fowl are superior in anyway to Mexican fowl, nor vice versa, because there are farms in Mexico that are a lot nicer than most in US. If, indeed, US fowl were superior, american breeders would always win the Intercontinentals, in which american breeders compete against mexican breeders. Also remember...almost every farm in Mexico acquired their broodstocks in the US! One more thing, I think competition in Mexico, Philippines and USA are all on the same level, it is tuff anywhere!

kogmohon
April 19th, 2007, 11:35 PM
I strongly agree with you sir Encargado, we already have the best bloodline of fowl in P.I you just need to find the right people, what else can you look for? the problem with us pinoy, we like the sound of imported stocks,,peace out ,,,brothers....

i agree with you ezil...but importing and loving just about everything in the west is not a
filipino problem anymore...it is engrained in our culture even you and me are guilty of that...

ezil25
April 20th, 2007, 12:23 AM
Yes sir kogmohon i agree with you, we are guilty 101% he,he imported kasi ehhhh...

sawala
April 20th, 2007, 01:06 AM
do they ship birds out of Mexico to Philippines?

LaDy_J
April 20th, 2007, 01:34 AM
i still believe any man when given the right chance will rise up to greatness

i guess we've been hiding behind uncle sam for far too long and far too tight

that we as a people never really saw what we can be...

hehehe..even in chicken names we fell slave to them breeds

figure of speech,that is.

grey man
April 20th, 2007, 12:47 PM
That would be interesting if you can ship to the Phiils from Mexico. The Mexican airport/ border is only coulpe of hours from where i stay at. If there is a way that might be the best for some of these California breeders who ship to the Phill. I guess we will wait and see.

ramun
April 20th, 2007, 10:11 PM
hey guys theres opportunity here we shouldnt figth i think we should see if mexico /philippines can have a nice trade again just like the olden days when we were both under spain this time for the continuation of our beloved sports

pol paks
April 20th, 2007, 10:26 PM
some more info please

vakeroo
April 21st, 2007, 12:02 AM
A1GFARMS, I do breed gamefowl here in US as well as in Mexico. I have imported and exported birds both ways. It is cheaper to export a game bird from US to Mexico, because from Mexico to US it runs around $1500 US dollars per bird and you better have a good reason why to bring live birds to the US.

To ship from Mexico to PI it can be done. The only way this is possible is if you meet all the sanitary regulations on both countries and there is a direct flight from Mexico to PI. If the flights have landings in other countries, then you must meet sanitary regulations in such country also. The best way is a direct flight from Mexico to PI, less paperwork to complete and it is safer for the bird; less traveling hours. In Mexico, you can complete all sanitary paperwork in SAGARPA. If you need any more info, let me know.

KOGMOHON, you lack of knowledge about gamefowl and Mexican breeders. I do not care where gamefowl is breed, whether they are bred in US or Mexico, they will not survive weeks without food or water, specially without water. I say you better read instead of posting such ignorant comments.

In regards of what you said about Mexico being a 3rd world country, let me say that it has nothing to do on how birds are bred. Above 80% of all gamefowl produced in US is exported to Mexico for fighting purposes. Why is this? It is because Mexican cockfighters and breeders can afford to buy gamefowl at any price. Do you think if they can afford to buy they will not afford to breed? That just doesn’t make any sense. Also, most Mexicans buy battle fowl, not breeding stock. The reason is because battle fowl is cheap and they buy them by the hundreds here in US and since they all fight same American bloodlines in Mexico, some cockfighters avoid the hassle of breeding. Battle fowl in Mexico is expensive compare to US because of high demand. Just to educate you a little more, since it seems you never been here in US or Mexico before, most US top breeders already own farms in Mexico and compete there. But this is a good one; some recognized US breeders have import breeding material from Mexico to US. So, some of those birds competing in PI might be product of Mexican lineage. Who would have guest that one?

Now let me educate you all on how breeders in Mexico do it. Many breeders, including myself, breed in Mexican regions where the weather is in our favor. I don’t know how much you know about breeding gamefowl but, there is no way a game bird bred in the cold northern part of US can be better bred than a rooster bred in cool areas. It is proven scientifically. Do your reading! A rooster that suffers from extreme cold or hot conditions throughout his life will not develop physically better than a rooster bred in cool areas. Now, in Mexico there is a wide variety of weathers, from tropical, desert, forest, tropical forest, and many more. Geographically, it is located in a specific part that offers everything needed to breed top fowl. There are areas in Mexico that can resemble PI weather, but there are also areas that match US weather and any weather in the world, except the polar weather. The place where my farm is located in Mexico is in high mountains with cold winters and cool summers. During the winter we get plenty of snow which it helps to keep under control all diseases. So my birds grow free of any diseases and viruses, 110% healthy.

Here in the US, most people get the idea that we produce the best grains in the entire world. Well, wrong folks! We produce more, but not better quality. How do we accomplish that? It is done using chemicals. In Mexico, top breeders will never use a grain coming from the US. Most breeders use organic grains, which it means no chemicals involved what so ever. The feeding industry in Mexico can match and surpass any feed quality from US. This is proven scientifically. Do your reading! This includes all medical aids produced in Mexico. If you were to ask any breeder in US, they will tell you they all like Mexican medical aids instead of US made.

Bottom line, in Mexico there are gamefowl breeders that can match and compete worldwide. If you pay attention, most of those top US breeders have Mexicans as feeders. Watch your WSC videos, and you see that there are Mexicans competing in PI, but under big names. Believe me, there is a reason behind it. Now, why Mexicans breeders are not mentioned so much? This is because there is no need to make a name for sales. Many breeders, including myself, do not care about selling fowl. All we care about is testing our roosters and have a good time. I do not need to make sales to make a living, nor do I need to win money fighting them. Instead, I make money for my roosters.

I hope I educated a few ignorant people who post ideas and not facts as well as those who come to these forums to learn. If any references are needed, just shoot me a message, I’ll be glad to clarify concerns with proven facts and names.

ronking
April 21st, 2007, 02:12 AM
Just to educate you a little more, since it seems you never been here in US or Mexico before

vakeroo...i dont know if kogs been to mexico but he reside in texas mate...

ramun
April 21st, 2007, 10:37 PM
Vakeroo I have relatives in Mc allen if i could bring let say show fowls there what are the chances for that show fowls will be ship to PI if everything closes here and is there any reliable filipino broker in Mexico that handle shipping to PI let say reverse migration way

Elhungaro
April 22nd, 2007, 03:34 AM
Vakerro you were great my respect

Mexico is a great country like Filipinas ,USA

masao
April 22nd, 2007, 07:05 AM
Senor vakeroo

It would be a good opportunity to exchange various opinions between both cockfighting
big countries , Mexico and Philippine. There were less information we recieve about
Mexican cocking world though I have checked Mexican HP on gallos
I personally expect a cocking friendship and strong cooporation among both against animal groups

It is added that kogmohon is a wonderful member who teaches us many about the cockfight and it is a real gentleman who knows the humour, too.

masao , japon

LaDy_J
April 22nd, 2007, 07:22 AM
i kinda agree with the line..."i make money for my roosters"...which is really good...what can i say i..hehe..nice going gringo:)

,,but that doesn't mean i agree with everything he said...hehe:cool:

vakeroo
April 23rd, 2007, 02:43 AM
RONKING,

Maybe what I said about Kogmohon not being here in the US might be wrong, but reading what posts about grains and breeding of gamefowl here in the US compare to Mexico, I only can assume he doesn’t breed any gamefowl. We are now in the 20th century and there is plenty of information out there for everyone to learn. It is very ignorant to say fowl in extreme cold weather can develop better or be superior to fowl grown in cool areas. It is stupid to say American grains are better than any other grain in the world. His comments are outrageous, ignorant, and without fundaments. Anyone who knows how to read and finish 6th grade in school would have a wider perspective about the topic. About his humor, I do not find anything humorous in his comments.

RAMUM,

If you are interested in shipping fowl from Mexico to PI, it can be done. It is just matter of getting information from airlines in PI as well as Mexico that fly directly without any “pit stop” in other countries. These will help facilitate the paperwork needed. All this sanitary paperwork and information can be obtained. If you are interested, visit the different websites related to importation and exportation norms and regulations of live animals of these countries. On the Mexican side, visit SAGARPA homepage.

MASAO,

Let me say that I do appreciate your interest in different cocking communities. We, the cockfighters, are more than friends in sport, we are a family. The respect shown to the different cockfighters around the world is one of the basic principles we must establish as base in our great cocking family. I invite you to continue expanding your knowledge from galleros (cockfighters) from Latin America. Sometimes globalization and the media will make us focus on things that in reality are not the best for our interests. The cooperation from both countries in regards to cockfighting should increase in the near future. I must add that cockfighting is totally legalized and institutionalized in Mexico for the good of the cockfighters, the breeders, the aficionados, the sport, and the Mexican traditions. Anti-cockfighting groups are powerless in Mexico. The Mexican culture accepts cockfighting and it will never put a chicken over human rights. It is stated in the Mexican constitution. Now, it is a shame that here in the US that is not the case.

Neil ma
April 23rd, 2007, 03:33 AM
To accept mistake you will say, Sorry . i believe all are the same american, mexican and myself pinoy. No more colonial mentality . miss you philippines from massachusetts

johndinosicat
April 23rd, 2007, 03:38 AM
;) vakeroo,

you're simply the best....very interesting points sir!

affirmedpoint
April 23rd, 2007, 05:35 AM
Vakeroo is correct about the importation requirements to the US. It cost a lot of money and you better have a damn good reason as to why you're bringing a live poultry into the US.

Folks, let me just share this information and perhaps it would help you make your decision. I work for the US Dept of Homeland Security (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) so I know the importation requirements. Vakeroo is precisely correct that it is far simpler to ship out than to ship in.

Here's another catch. There are no DIRECT COMMERCIAL flights from Mexico to the Philippines. The most expeditious route for this travel is via transit to the US. For some people of certain nationality, it requires them to obtain a US Visa because they are transitting through the US. Same applies for live cargo but instead of a visa a permit. Then if you manage to ship into the US you'll have to deal with the airlines' (to the PI) policy on shipment of live fowl. I suppose you can ship from Mexico going East (Europe) to the Philippines but that's even more cumbersome not to mention costly.

Last, please note above that I typed DIRECT COMMERCIAL. I wrote that because you can circumvent all the red tape by shipping direct but through the use of a CHARTER FLIGHT direct from Mexico to the PI. It's really expensive so I hope I was able to assist someone.

AP

masao
April 23rd, 2007, 07:27 PM
amigo vakeroo

muchas gracias por su kind respnsnse

>Let me say that I do appreciate your interest in different cocking communities. We, the >cockfighters, are more than friends in sport, we are a family. The respect shown to the >different cockfighters around the world is one of the basic principles we must establish >as base in our great cocking family.
Unfortumately cockfighting is prohibited here in Japan by reason of gambling factor.
That is from our self-restricted ,idealistic way of mentality, typical japanese thinking.

>I invite you to continue expanding your knowledge from galleros (cockfighters) from >Latin America. Sometimes globalization and the media will make us focus on things that >in reality are not the best for our interests.
I have learnt many from filipino and US cockfighting magazines, filipino and US cockfighting web and good filipino friends during my oversea volunteer.
I hope that you introduce us HP of galleros from Mexico so that you could understand
our situation now.

>The cooperation from both countries in regards to cockfighting should increase in the >near future.
Yes,yes,yes !!! It has just started !!!

masao

ramun
April 24th, 2007, 03:19 AM
RONKING,

Maybe what I said about Kogmohon not being here in the US might be wrong, but reading what posts about grains and breeding of gamefowl here in the US compare to Mexico, I only can assume he doesn’t breed any gamefowl. We are now in the 20th century and there is plenty of information out there for everyone to learn. It is very ignorant to say fowl in extreme cold weather can develop better or be superior to fowl grown in cool areas. It is stupid to say American grains are better than any other grain in the world. His comments are outrageous, ignorant, and without fundaments. Anyone who knows how to read and finish 6th grade in school would have a wider perspective about the topic. About his humor, I do not find anything humorous in his comments.

RAMUM,

If you are interested in shipping fowl from Mexico to PI, it can be done. It is just matter of getting information from airlines in PI as well as Mexico that fly directly without any “pit stop” in other countries. These will help facilitate the paperwork needed. All this sanitary paperwork and information can be obtained. If you are interested, visit the different websites related to importation and exportation norms and regulations of live animals of these countries. On the Mexican side, visit SAGARPA homepage.

MASAO,

Let me say that I do appreciate your interest in different cocking communities. We, the cockfighters, are more than friends in sport, we are a family. The respect shown to the different cockfighters around the world is one of the basic principles we must establish as base in our great cocking family. I invite you to continue expanding your knowledge from galleros (cockfighters) from Latin America. Sometimes globalization and the media will make us focus on things that in reality are not the best for our interests. The cooperation from both countries in regards to cockfighting should increase in the near future. I must add that cockfighting is totally legalized and institutionalized in Mexico for the good of the cockfighters, the breeders, the aficionados, the sport, and the Mexican traditions. Anti-cockfighting groups are powerless in Mexico. The Mexican culture accepts cockfighting and it will never put a chicken over human rights. It is stated in the Mexican constitution. Now, it is a shame that here in the US that is not the case.

much obliged to you vakeroo a very helpful info indeed

bajaexplor
April 24th, 2007, 04:06 AM
Vakaroo.....Good Post !

Eric
Los Cabos
Mexico

RalSuBirds
April 25th, 2007, 02:00 AM
I do'nt think Sir KOGGIE will come back and post on this thread ........;)

Santana
April 25th, 2007, 03:11 AM
First, Mexico not is a 3th country class ´cause the economy is on the class world, example, the person most rich of the planet is Mexican (Carlos Slim).

Other thing, for raise gamefowl in Mexico the state more ideal with the wheater 100% for these activity is Veracruz (one husteca side), in fact is very similar to Virginia, Tennesse, even Mississippi, the earth is much better than Filipinas, Narraganset said the Filipinas is not ideal for raise gamefowl because has a volcanic properties.

Saludos
gamsai

TIMEX
April 25th, 2007, 09:16 AM
One piece of advice that always helped me in my breeding endeavors was to always buy from someone who fights his own birds and does well with them. This is getting more and more difficult to do in the US so Mexico may be a good option since most if not all of the best american breeds now exist in Mexic and they are being fought there.

Works for me

TIMEX = Tijuana Mexico

baldemar
April 25th, 2007, 11:15 AM
I have been breeding and fighting game fowl for over 20years and in the past I have shipped cocks
to the Philippines for the LK , I now live in the state of Durango ,Mexico which is high country
and i will tell you my cocks are stronger and i feel that they are in better health than when i lived
in the states , and let me tell you guys i have fought in all of major competition in the U.S.
especially in the LK , just putting my two cents.

Rancho los cardenales

Baldemar Corral

bajaexplor
April 26th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Good post Baldemar.

I can verify that Rancho Los Cardenales has Law Greys, Cardinal Kelso, and Robbie White Kelso that are superior to fowl that I have purchased from Famous American Breeders. These fowl are bred in Durango, Mexico and can compete anywhere in the World.

I am proud to have the opportunity to own some of these fowl !

Eric
Los Cabos
Baja California sur
Mexico

tonio
April 26th, 2007, 02:03 PM
We should work on building a relationship with Mexican cockers, so we can start having international events both here and in Mexico..cause at the rate things are going in a couple of years the WSC wont have many foreign participants.

masao
April 26th, 2007, 06:23 PM
tonio

Well said !!!
We should start mutual exchage of information , Philippine and Mexico.

There are many cockfighting magazines in Philippine .
How about in Mexico ?

masao

bajaexplor
April 27th, 2007, 01:06 AM
There are many Cock Fighting Magazines in Mexico, also. The future of the sport will be in the Philipines and in Mexico. Unfortunately , it is about over in the United states.

Eric
Los Cabos
Mexico

grey man
April 27th, 2007, 02:51 AM
These are great posts. Very well said from Vakero. Mexicans (some not all) dont really care about breeding. Us Mexicans prefer to buy them at a certain age and ready to show. Our favorite are anything yellow legged and that has been from my experience.

johndinosicat
April 27th, 2007, 03:19 AM
I do'nt think Sir KOGGIE will come back and post on this thread ........;)

HE'S DOING SOME RESEARCH...:(

Santana
April 27th, 2007, 05:05 AM
Here in mexico there are many magazines:

- Palenque de Oro
- Tradición Gallera
- Pie de Cría
- Gallerias
- Mundo Gallero
- And many more.

Saludos
gamsai

masao
April 27th, 2007, 05:31 PM
>Santana
>Here in mexico there are many magazines:

>- Palenque de Oro
>- Tradición Gallera
>- Pie de Cría
>- Gallerias
>- Mundo Gallero
>- And many more.

>Saludos
>gamsai

Santana

Muchas gracias por su informacion.
Pues, how can I buy them including old issue?

Are you not interested in filipino sabong magazines ?

masao

gamsai
April 27th, 2007, 11:03 PM
Yes i´m interesting, how can get the filipinos magazines.

If you are interesting in buy the mexican magazines, you should put in contact with the editorial.

www.piedecria.com
you can find in Internet the mails of the magazines.

Saludos
santana

vakeroo
April 28th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Here is some contact information of a few magazines you all can get in PI by subscription. There are a few more in different Latin-American countries, but I don’t think they will ship internationally. If you need any more info from other magazines, let me know.

Pie de Cría. www.piedecria.com/suscripciones.htm
Palenque de Oro. E-mail: palenoro@avantel.net
Tradición Gallera. E-mail tradiciongallera@hotmail.com
Gallos www.gallostradicion.com E-mail gallostradicion@gmail.com
Pícalo Gallo (online magazines) www.picalogallo.com.mx
Gallerías.
Mundo Gallero
Tecno-gallero

hotspur
April 28th, 2007, 12:46 AM
actually if this is true we might have some of the mexican blood already in phils.check out this thread http://sabong.net.ph/forum/showthread.php?t=15156&highlight=blue+band

Sundowner
April 28th, 2007, 02:13 AM
Well said amigos. Mexico is an ideal place to breed live stock including chickens. The weather is similar to US State of Florida in western hemisphere and southern California.. I have been in some nice places in Mexico, fought chicken in La Gloria and Tecate with good results. The only problem is, you cannot bring back your winners to the US side of the border. I buy my feed in San Ysidro own by a Mexican family including medications for disease control and conditioning aid. It is amazing that one small bottle can prevent different kind of diseases for fowls. It is produce in Mexico and the price is very reasonable. In retrospect, I believe it’s time for us to move on and let our passion be introduced to not only Mexico but to some Latin-America were cockfighting is still legal. I strongly support Tonio’s suggestion to promote such global event.
Ramun: Just curious, who is your relatives in McAllen? I got married in McAllen. At that time there's only very few Pinoy family living there. We visited my wife's nephews last year and I was surprised, muchos Filipinos already. Adios Amigos.

TIMEX
April 28th, 2007, 09:05 AM
I have been trying to get Filipinos in southern California and Arizona interested in competing in Tijuana. There is a sabungero Club "Barangay of southern California" They can participate in legal cockfights in Mexico and pass on the tradition to their children. Would'nt that be nice. I have posted several invitations in this portal recently giving all needed info. I used to fight roosters against Filipinos in Los Angeles about 20 years ago and they have some butt kicking roosters usually excellent cutters.

Our enemys have made international alliances, why should'nt we do the same thing to protect the sport we love?

wrigleycanada
April 28th, 2007, 10:54 AM
Does anybody agree with Vakeroo? I just guess that he is telling the truth... Any other comment? Nice thread!

donluism
April 28th, 2007, 11:31 AM
Friends:
I do not believe that the conditions of the economies of both Philippines and Mexico have anything to do with our love of the game (sabong). Let us just share our ideas of the game.
Thanks.

bajaexplor
April 28th, 2007, 11:59 AM
The Blue Band Rooster sounds like a Robbie White Kelso with a 1/8 nick if Doc Robinson Hatch bred out of Durango, Mexico by Baldemar Corral of Rancho Los Cardenales. Baldemar also breeds a fine line Cardinal Kelso, the brood stock coming direct from Loyce Dereoun. Both are killing machines.

Eric
Los Cabos
Mexico

OsleK
April 29th, 2007, 11:36 AM
:)

TIMEX
May 9th, 2007, 06:40 AM
With the new law against animal fighting recently signed by President Bush, Roosters from Mexico to the Philipines and vice versa may be our best option. These two countries still fight their birds in public and we can tell who is doing well with their birds. This will no longer be possible in the USA.

bajaexplor
May 30th, 2007, 02:08 PM
The Intercontinental Derby is coming up June 1, 2, and 3 in Hidalgo, Mexico.

The USA VS Mexico Segment should be very interesting ! In November 2006, Mexico only lost to the U.S. by 2 points. Very Close !

Baja
Los Cabos
Mexico

WT AVALON
May 30th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Hope, one day I can go there in Mexico... to see a fight, I have some friends
here in the US Postal Service, that travel back and forth to see some fights,
one day I will go with them...

Yfis...

bajaexplor
July 5th, 2007, 05:29 AM
We just got 8 Trios, plus four additional hens in from Granja Adelita located in the Mountains ouside of Mexico City. I would like to commend Senor Mucino for the high quality of Fowl he is breeding. Granja Adelita is highly recommended !

Baja
Los Cabos
Mexico

grey man
July 5th, 2007, 09:27 AM
Baja whats up? Hey ive heard good things about that farm. Dont know to much about them but i hear from people that they are well respected in Mexico. If i recall correctly and am not mistaken they/ or someone with birds of theirs won a derby in Aguascalientes in 2005 in La Ferria de San Marcos. I was actually their at the Ferria and at the Palenque that evening. Good Luck and hope to visit you one day.

Elhungaro
July 5th, 2007, 09:44 AM
in Mexico there are some good breeders like tito chapa in veracruz ,mrs Proto in San luis potosi and in Coahuila there are more breeders those breeders have very good quality

bajaexplor
July 5th, 2007, 10:41 AM
Grey Man,

If you get down this way, stop by. I always like to show my chickens !

Saludos

Baja

dingper
July 5th, 2007, 01:38 PM
senor baja, if the blue band as you said is robbie white blood, and which is owned my a mexican, then there is not much difference of chickens intended for short knife and chickens intended for long knife? just asking.

SHORTKNIFE
July 5th, 2007, 03:05 PM
if i may throw in my 2 cents...i myself don't breed fowls intended for either knife,i use them in both knives i have a few fowls that won in both long and short knife, majority of the time i test them first in sk...and i select them the way i want my roosters fights...just me...

some pix of my multiple winners in both long and short knife...
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r192/ninong_photos/P1060029.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r192/ninong_photos/P1120002.jpg
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r192/ninong_photos/P1060031.jpg
both of this bird win is less than a minute...
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r192/ninong_photos/P1060033.jpg

God bless...

bajaexplor
July 6th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Dingper,

I believe that some, but not all lines can fight in either weapon. In regards to the Blue Band, this is soley speculation on my part. but, the attributes are very similiar to a line that I have. There is no way to tell for sure without conferring with the breeder.

Baja

dingper
July 6th, 2007, 06:51 AM
senor baja, i would appreciate it very much if you could show us some pictures of the farms in mexico. would like to compare it with the farms here in the philippines. you know, the philippines have been trading with acapulco since during the spanish times. we may not be able to trade chickens now, but we can trade ideas. salamat pow.

rex366
July 6th, 2007, 07:44 AM
I'm a mexican and I use to think the americans, no offence to our americans friends had the best fowl so I use to buy a lot of gamefowl and send it to mexico but ever since two years ago I found out that in mexico there is a lot of really good breeder who only breed gamefowl for the sk, the problem is they do not use the net to promote their fowl, I hope they start using the net to let people know about their gamefarms.
this is a link to one of the farms.
http://granjalaherradura.com/index.html
friend in the sport.

COCKERSEC
July 6th, 2007, 08:32 AM
nice thread buenas tardes amigos!!! I am a filipino that's married to a mexican vieja ( shhh quite or she'll kill me). Well my first experience of rooster fighting here in the US is with my cunado's somewhere in______. I thought I was in a legal place and this was in 86.The place sells taco's,burro's,menudo,you name it they have it,and up to now its still there.This tells you something,that they are a fraternity that value the importance of friendship and trust. Bird wise, they could hold on their own. We had a fight here once, my friend wanted to fight his bird with 2 short knife against 1long knife. they did and those sk, when tied good kills fast too,so you know what happend,no more 2against 1 anymore heheheheh. Well, all for now and hope everybody has their magic shoes to run against those pinche policia hehehehe.
peace out!!!

rex366
July 6th, 2007, 08:56 AM
I'm a mexican and I use to think the americans, no offence to our americans friends had the best fowl so I use to buy a lot of gamefowl and send it to mexico but ever since two years ago I found out that in mexico there is a lot of really good breeder who only breed gamefowl for the sk, the problem is they do not use the net to promote their fowl, I hope they start using the net to let people know about their gamefarms.
this is a link to one of the farms.
http://granjalaherradura.com/index.html
http://www.granjaadelita.com.mx/
friend in the sport.

PS granja la adelita this is the place bajaexplor is talking about above.

wetchix
July 6th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Vakeroo Sir, please forgive my ignorance coz I've never been to the US nor in Mexico too! Sir where is tijuana-mexico geographically located? What is the climate there? And how does the tijuanans brought up their chickens if there are gamefarms in tijuana? For additional knowledge only just for the LOVE for chickens...

rodrigoski2002
July 6th, 2007, 10:48 AM
very nice and interesting thread.keep on posting!

bajaexplor
July 6th, 2007, 11:16 AM
The southern U.S. border on the Pacific Coast. On one side is San Diego California in the U.S. and on the other side is Tijuana in Baja California Norte, Mexico.

Viento Negro (Black Wind) is the largest Granja near Tijuana. To the best of my knowledge, the largest farms are near Veracruz on the Mexican East Coast. I know of farms in Mazation, Guadalahara, Mexico city, Durango etc. In other words, Gamefowl Farms are spread throughout the Country.

The mexican Famefowl Magazines list many of them !

Baja

dbm174
July 6th, 2007, 12:24 PM
PS granja la adelita this is the place bajaexplor is talking about above.

rex366.....nice website and great looking birds...............thanks...............:cool:

dingper
July 6th, 2007, 01:14 PM
rex 366 muchas gracias. with the gallery you have shown, i think the filipinos like the americans will have a hard time winning in mexico, should there be a world slasher derby there. and i thought the beautiful chickens are found only in the u.s.a.

Elhungaro
July 8th, 2007, 08:09 AM
in Mazatlan ther is one of the bigest farm in Mexico de name of de far it is El Quelite his owners is mrs Enziso he has good lines from differnts breederin usa some months ago his parner naty osuna bought in usa some trios from the best breders in usa laike BB grary guilliam ,gavilan , chirst . hi rises arown 6000 every year. www.elqulite.com there are more good breeders . in Durango there are more Javier Elizondo el chorro Durango his line are from Jacky Rogres only , in Lerdo Durango there is a other farm san ignacio farm brothers Verano those guys have lines from George Neal and Dink Fair

Elhungaro
July 8th, 2007, 08:13 AM
www.elquelite.com

swtrhtch1925
July 8th, 2007, 09:11 AM
in Mazatlan ther is one of the bigest farm in Mexico de name of de far it is El Quelite his owners is mrs Enziso he has good lines from differnts breederin usa some months ago his parner naty osuna bought in usa some trios from the best breders in usa laike BB grary guilliam ,gavilan , chirst . hi rises arown 6000 every year. www.elqulite.com (http://www.elqulite.com) there are more good breeders . in Durango there are more Javier Elizondo el chorro Durango his line are from Jacky Rogres only , in Lerdo Durango there is a other farm san ignacio farm brothers Verano those guys have lines from George Neal and Dink Fair

The Veranos can fight in philippine islands. Their battefowl are good for LK. I hope more Mexicans start to participate in World Slasher. And it has the gameness of SK and Gaff. :)

dingper
July 8th, 2007, 11:55 AM
more please senor el hungaroo! muchas gracias...:D

rex366
July 8th, 2007, 05:16 PM
check this out:
www.jaimeayala.com.mx
www.gallostexoma.com
www.geocities.com/granjaelrenacimiento
http://www.5hermanos.com.mx/logros.asp

casecnan
July 8th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Nice thread but i go for Philippine Breeders....Tested and reliable...

ARESFORTUN
July 8th, 2007, 10:10 PM
I chanced on this site... http://www.bravomex.com/

I guess its owned by a mexican and our famous Sonny Lagon has a picture with him... probably sir sonny got some of his stocks from this guy!

Fyi...

mylod
July 9th, 2007, 04:44 AM
I chanced on this site... http://www.bravomex.com/

I guess its owned by a mexican and our famous Sonny Lagon has a picture with him... probably sir sonny got some of his stocks from this guy!

Fyi...

It's own by a Mexican but the gamefarm is still in the US.

vakeroo
July 9th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Vakeroo Sir, please forgive my ignorance coz I've never been to the US nor in Mexico too! Sir where is tijuana-mexico geographically located? What is the climate there? And how does the tijuanans brought up their chickens if there are gamefarms in tijuana? For additional knowledge only just for the LOVE for chickens...

Dear wetchix,

First of all, don't ever say you are ignorant. An ignorant person is such person does not know nor is willing to learn. If you are willing to learn, then you will never fit such description and so you should never called yourself ignorant.

Let me remember to all the members of this forum that we are here because we are thirsty of knowledge about our ancient sport. Nobody, and I say again, nobody knows it all. I don't care how educated, how intelligent, how smart, how old, or how rich you are. So, I invite all the member to keep that in mind, and be open to all type of information shared by the members, the small or the big information on here is always worth gold in our sport.

Wetchix, click here (http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?location=A9KUkmTZyirti2c4OBtG3mCERzkl1zs%2 fcXgBmihtrGdj3yOAoQ9brCEAP2v7sNqzKQmWFP5azy%2bliH0 T8NdtPQ%3d%3d&address=&city=tijuana&state=&country=MX) on here to find out more info about Tijuana, or TJ, as we call it. I hope this little information helps you out my friend. If you need anything else, do not hesitate and ask, I guarantee many of the members will be glad to guide you the right path.

RVILLARREAL
July 10th, 2007, 11:51 PM
RONKING,

RAMUM,

MASAO,

RVILLARREAL
July 11th, 2007, 12:02 AM
VAKERO it has been useful for the pepole of the islands to now the the real thing about mexico(my country) becouse it seems that they have no information about gamecoks sport in other countrys except u.s.a and theirs.........congratulations and appologize my bad english

RVILLARREAL
July 11th, 2007, 12:07 AM
chek this link: http://www.criadoresdegallos.com.mx

dbm174
July 11th, 2007, 10:14 AM
it's great to see gamefowl websites from Mexico for a change.....it's just too bad i don't understand the spanish language that well..........

but the pictures of the farms and the fowls are really awesome.....:)

dbm174
July 11th, 2007, 10:17 AM
senyor vakeroo...just curious...are you guys into sweaters also like a lot of us Filipino cockers.....

swtrhtch1925
July 11th, 2007, 10:29 AM
i am a 4th generation cocker. I never learned it from my father when I was in the Philippines. I learned it here in the US outside family influence. It was a white cocker and a mexican breeder who showed me my first SK derby as a spectator. I learned breeding from mexican friends. And then continued learning from US breeders I admire... and still learning...

i always look where i came from...
learn the good ones
and filter the bad..
share it to our friends in sport just like it was shared to you..

simple

humble

and protect it with pride...
:)

vakeroo
July 11th, 2007, 01:29 PM
senyor vakeroo...just curious...are you guys into sweaters also like a lot of us Filipino cockers.....

Dear dbm174,

The only thing I can say about your concern regarding sweaters in Mexico is that Sweaters are not the favorite bloodline. Now, there are many cockfighters and breeders in Mexico, like myself, that breed Sweaters and compete with them. There are many sweater fans in Mexico, but honestly, there are many more that prefer other bloodlines.

For what I see in the Mexican pits (palenques), the bloodlines that are shown are power birds like Hatch, Albany, Grays, Butchers, etc. I hardly ever see Sweaters being shown, and the reason is because there are only a few Sweaters that can out-perform those bloodlines just mentioned in the Mexican competition.

Based on my experience, gameness, cutting, power, and speed, are some of the most important attributes required in Mexican competition, and honestly commercial Sweaters do not meet those standards.

The fact is that there are only a few good Sweater bloodlines in hands of Mexican breeders that meet the good taste of Mexican cockfighters. There is no need to breed Sweaters when you have bloodlines that outperform them in the Mexican competition.

In regards to what you said about Mexican game farms, the best game farms I have ever seen have been in Mexico. I know a lot of game farms here in the States, but some Mexican farms are better by far, they will make you feel that you are in cocking heaven.

dbm174
July 11th, 2007, 01:34 PM
thank you sir...and hope i can get a chance someday to visit some farms there.....since i live close by here in LA.....:)

Elhungaro
July 15th, 2007, 08:29 AM
www.granjageer.net this farm has only lines blood fron jumper sine 20 years ago it has very good reputacion in mexcio

Elhungaro
July 15th, 2007, 08:31 AM
wwww.granjagreer.net

Elhungaro
July 15th, 2007, 08:33 AM
sory I wrote diferent pag but this one is ok

www.granjagreer.net

bajaexplor
July 15th, 2007, 10:53 AM
El Libano is a good source for Jumper Lines .They are always in the money at the Intercontinental Derby ! I have fought against some of El Libanos Fowl...Quality Birds !

Baja

bajaexplor
September 25th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Breeders In Mexico :

www.gallosmexicanos.com

hanes
September 25th, 2007, 09:44 AM
my question is are they shipping gamefowls from Mexico to Philippines? if yes why not as long as you got the money and contacts.

ichiko
September 25th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Re: Breeding trios made in Mexico

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

my question is are they shipping gamefowls from Mexico to Philippines? if yes why not as long as you got the money and contacts.
And it can be said of Philippine breeders to send/sell fowls to Mexico.

bajaexplor
September 25th, 2007, 11:53 AM
There are some Phillipine Bred Fowl that I would love to have !

Baja