I have bullstag Bobby Joe frost grey
whats the best breed with this breed?

FOR ME IT IS MY LACY ROUNDHEAD AND MY BLACK BONANZA. F1 COMING SOON

tonio
May 29th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Any good hatch

gemini1
May 29th, 2007, 06:32 PM
winning line kelso, lacy or fast hatches.

tres_mentiras
May 29th, 2007, 08:53 PM
It was said by a famous cocker that "there are no gamer greys than reds."

The FROST GREY, however disproves such statement.

Based on the records, the best grey in the Philippines are the FROST GREYS of Mr. MIKE ROMULO and his son, TONIO ROMULO (Mica and Tonio)

The WSC (World Slasher Cup) is the best avenue to test the slashers against the best of the best fowls all over the world, aside from Candelaria of course. Every International, the FROST GREYS of Mica and Tonio, would always show impressive cutting ability.

Last May 27, 2007, TUKAAN featured the father and son tandem (Mike and Tonio Romulo) who shared the history and information about the FROST GREYS.

TONIO, elaborately shared that the FROST GREYS can be traced to the MADIGN GREY.

The FROST GREYS were made famous by Bobby Joe Manziel, a Lebanese, who found a fortune when he found oil in his yard.

These same FROST GREYS are what MIKE and TONIO ROMULO have. These are excellent and superb cutters. They cut, cut and cut... and are extremely fast.

As TONIO said, "no fight would last for a minute."

Based on the premise that "GREYS are NOT GAME", it is suggested to cross it with any good hatch.

BOBBY JOE'S COMBINATION as shared by TONIO ROMULO:

Cross it with a SPANGLE-HATCH or a HATCH-ROUNDHEAD.

I'm not into GREYS....save for the FROST GREYS.

Hope this helps.

Regards to TONIO ROMULO and to Mr. MIKE ROMULO.

More wins to MICA and TONIO.

Just my thoughts....

God bless.

Tres_Mentiras

LaDy_J
May 30th, 2007, 03:53 AM
It was said by a famous cocker that "there are no gamer greys than reds."

The FROST GREY, however disproves such statement.

Based on the records, the best grey in the Philippines are the FROST GREYS of Mr. MIKE ROMULO and his son, TONIO ROMULO (Mica and Tonio)

The WSC (World Slasher Cup) is the best avenue to test the slashers against the best of the best fowls all over the world, aside from Candelaria of course. Every International, the FROST GREYS of Mica and Tonio, would always show impressive cutting ability.

Last May 27, 2007, TUKAAN featured the father and son tandem (Mike and Tonio Romulo) who shared the history and information about the FROST GREYS.

TONIO, elaborately shared that the FROST GREYS can be traced to the MADIGN GREY.

The FROST GREYS were made famous by Bobby Joe Manziel, a Lebanese, who found a fortune when he found oil in his yard.

These same FROST GREYS are what MIKE and TONIO ROMULO have. These are excellent and superb cutters. They cut, cut and cut... and are extremely fast.

As TONIO said, "no fight would last for a minute."

Based on the premise that "GREYS are NOT GAME", it is suggested to cross it with any good hatch.

BOBBY JOE'S COMBINATION as shared by TONIO ROMULO:

Cross it with a SPANGLE-HATCH or a HATCH-ROUNDHEAD.

I'm not into GREYS....save for the FROST GREYS.

Hope this helps.

Regards to TONIO ROMULO and to Mr. MIKE ROMULO.

More wins to MICA and TONIO.

Just my thoughts....

God bless.

Tres_Mentiras

the perfection greys ....mr. romulo is very partial to them... although it is the frost greys that most people notices..

ANGKIBIT
May 30th, 2007, 04:07 AM
Any good hatch

loisbugoy
May 30th, 2007, 04:29 AM
100%.... i agree with you tres mentiras....only mica tonio entry fought most of grey in the wsd.. and this are cross of frost grey of bobby manziel....that show there superiority on cutting .... not as flashy as sweater .....it moves simple but surely.... :-)

3 Oaks
May 30th, 2007, 02:40 PM
a good butcher family. We have been very lucky with this cross, albeit our frost greys are of the ray hoskins and red richardson varieties.

expressdelivery
May 30th, 2007, 02:49 PM
charlie reyes
is one of wsd participants
that fights manziel grey

his are medium stationed
broad back
power shuffling style

rednaxela
June 9th, 2007, 02:44 PM
it would be the perfection greys of mica and tonio. ;)

loisbugoy
June 9th, 2007, 05:31 PM
3x derby winner LIEPER FROSTGREY brood cock.......of mike tonio romulo...
blood composition.......50% lieper hatch (cock side) x 50% frostgrey (hen side)...
both are from manziel family....i love this cock....
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/loisbugoy/3xwinnerlieperfrostgreyview.jpg

hbr_hbr
June 9th, 2007, 07:42 PM
itaas ko lang.......

mcpicazojr
November 25th, 2008, 05:33 AM
sir anyone here knows the contact number and address or website of bobby joe manziel? im interested to by some his frost greys...thanx in advance...god bless

mcpicazojr
November 29th, 2008, 11:33 AM
Sir Anyone Who Knows The Contact Number Of Bobby Joe Manziel? Thanx And God Bless

loisbugoy
November 29th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Sir Anyone Who Knows The Contact Number Of Bobby Joe Manziel? Thanx And God Bless

sir try to pm "tonio" romulo....he is a close freind of bobby joe manziel....they used bobby joe manziel frost grey, perfection grey and blacks...they fought in wsd with this grey having good W's record under mica tonio entry..:) :)

jimjackrenz
May 13th, 2009, 01:37 AM

ClipperMan
May 13th, 2009, 04:47 AM
Beside Good Cutting Ability, how does a Frost Grey Fight?
Are they good high breakers? and Smart Fighter?
Whats their difference with the Perfection Greys?

Clip

mcpicazojr
May 13th, 2009, 08:22 AM
sir jim....as far as i know bobby joe manziel passed away already....i called up his son but he's not living in the house where they lived before.....i advised you to just get the some frostgreys in the philippines.....peter uy's got the best frostgreys and perfection greys in town..and they are proven.....ok...hope this will help you acquire those frostgreys soon..ok..tek ker

BILLABONG
May 13th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Boy Marzo got some handful of them i was in his farm last week and those greys were amazing they hit hard and off beat like no other greys to compair

mamaril
May 13th, 2009, 09:18 AM
For me any kind of hatch family that was proven already

crisman
May 14th, 2009, 02:13 AM
sir jim....as far as i know bobby joe manziel passed away already....i called up his son but he's not living in the house where they lived before.....i advised you to just get the some frostgreys in the philippines.....peter uy's got the best frostgreys and perfection greys in town..and they are proven.....ok...hope this will help you acquire those frostgreys soon..ok..tek ker
Mr. Bobby Joe Manziel Jr. is very much alive and kicking and he is breeding a lot of his Hatches ,Greys and Sweaters which he had not done in 2-3 years. I think you are talking about the Sr. who had been gone for so many years.

rsarmiento
May 14th, 2009, 03:33 AM
I have bullstag Bobby Joe frost grey
whats the best breed with this breed?
hatch grey, or mica/tonio greys...in PI

raul_1
May 14th, 2009, 04:58 AM
hatch grey, or mica/tonio grey...in PI
for me f.e.g/cowan rh..best cross for grey...accurate cutting up and down....

mcpicazojr
May 14th, 2009, 07:05 AM
sir crisman...im not talking about any jr manziel here....did i mentioned his son?i was just reffering to the SR. manziel.......what i dont know if their farm is still existing....maybe you you can give us some accurate news regarding this matter....as far as i know when i called his son from his previous house...i was told by the lady who happened to be the new owner or maybe the new occupier of the house that manziel jr...doesn't lived there anymore and some bills and colletion agent are after him......how true is this sir crisman?

beecoolman
May 14th, 2009, 08:37 AM
sir crisman...im not talking about any jr manziel here....did i mentioned his son?i was just reffering to the SR. manziel.......what i dont know if their farm is still existing....maybe you you can give us some accurate news regarding this matter....as far as i know when i called his son from his previous house...i was told by the lady who happened to be the new owner or maybe the new occupier of the house that manziel jr...doesn't lived there anymore and some bills and colletion agent are after him......how true is this sir crisman?
the only one can clear your argument... if bobby joe manziel is still alive or dead is tonio romulo itself...they're manziel family friend.
crisman, who's son you're referring too? is it michael manziel or bobby manziel? if michael manziel can i have his contact number and address if you don't mind, if you have...he owe me 2 pairs of chickens i keep in searching him...he changed his number both landline & cp...he's a con-artist..

Mike Everett
May 14th, 2009, 10:10 AM
There are/were three generations of Bobby Joe Manziels all cockers. Sr. was Maxx Baer's, the Heavy Weight Champion of the the World in 1934-35, manager or promoter. I don't know when he passed away, but I would say the 1960-70's. Most people probably are referring to Bobby Joe Jr. His brother is Paul Manziel. Bobby Joe the III is Bobby Joe Jrs's son. I believe Michael is Bobby Joe III's brother. I don't think Bobby Joe Jr. has passed away, but I could be wrong.

tonio
May 14th, 2009, 02:31 PM
There are/were three generations of Bobby Joe Manziels all cockers. Sr. was Maxx Baer's, the Heavy Weight Champion of the the World in 1934-35, manager or promoter. I don't know when he passed away, but I would say the 1960-70's. Most people probably are referring to Bobby Joe Jr. His brother is Paul Manziel. Bobby Joe the III is Bobby Joe Jrs's son. I believe Michael is Bobby Joe III's brother. I don't think Bobby Joe Jr. has passed away, but I could be wrong.

Bobby Manziel managed Jack Dempsey.

Mike Everett
May 14th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Bobby Manziel managed Jack Dempsey.
I stand corrected you are right..sorry for miss information.

demo
February 2nd, 2011, 08:30 AM
Tonio I hope you dont mind me asking but for s/k what do you think would be better using grey cock over hatch hen or just the other way around. We respect your fowl and your ability to breed is the reason im asking. Thanks

tonio
February 2nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
Tonio I hope you dont mind me asking but for s/k what do you think would be better using grey cock over hatch hen or just the other way around. We respect your fowl and your ability to breed is the reason im asking. Thanks

I have never fought SK but from the birds I have the ones I think would do best are Mclean cock over grey hens.

best regards

tonio

MILLPOND
February 2nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
I have never fought SK but from the birds I have the ones I think would do best are Mclean cock over grey hens.

best regards

tonio

sir tonio what are your feelings about breeding boston roundhead over frost greys seen your informational vids and thought you might be willing to input your opinion
thanks TFIS EDDIE

tonio
February 2nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
sir tonio what are your feelings about breeding boston roundhead over frost greys seen your informational vids and thought you might be willing to input your opinion
thanks TFIS EDDIE

I dont have Bostons and am not really familiar with them but I did cross Lacy Roundhead over the Frost, they lacked bottom but when molted into 3 year olds they started winning but I did not repeat the mating anymore.

MILLPOND
February 2nd, 2011, 12:36 PM
I dont have Bostons and am not really familiar with them but I did cross Lacy Roundhead over the Frost, they lacked bottom but when molted into 3 year olds they started winning but I did not repeat the mating anymore.

which bloodline due you think caused this lack of bottom or was it maybe just the cross that caused it... by the way I just drool when I look at your spangle mclean ..they look awesome
thanks for the reply YFIS EDDIE

tonio
February 2nd, 2011, 12:54 PM
which bloodline due you think caused this lack of bottom or was it maybe just the cross that caused it... by the way I just drool when I look at your spangle mclean ..they look awesome
thanks for the reply YFIS EDDIE

Probably the just cross, thanks they have been good to us 30 years and counting

demo
February 3rd, 2011, 10:47 AM
Thanks Tonio. We just purchased a trio from Ken Hutchison and while at his farm noticed he only crossed with kelso, hatch and the green legged grey blood he has. I will try that this year with our old Stansel hatch line we also have Leiper and Marion Rose. Have you ever crossed your frost with any black blood. I have Mel Sims, Mcrae, Shuffler and Redquill. The redquill blood is by far the fastest and most aggresive blood we raise second would be the Sims Black and then the shuffler and mcrae are about the same as far as speed with the mcrae being strong like a hatch type chicken.

Tonio, what is the biggest plus of your frost blood as far as ability and style etc. Thank you for your help. I ve been breeding for 20yrs but always like to learn from others I dont think I no it all. Always like to learn. Thanks again

tonio
February 3rd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Thanks Tonio. We just purchased a trio from Ken Hutchison and while at his farm noticed he only crossed with kelso, hatch and the green legged grey blood he has. I will try that this year with our old Stansel hatch line we also have Leiper and Marion Rose. Have you ever crossed your frost with any black blood. I have Mel Sims, Mcrae, Shuffler and Redquill. The redquill blood is by far the fastest and most aggresive blood we raise second would be the Sims Black and then the shuffler and mcrae are about the same as far as speed with the mcrae being strong like a hatch type chicken.

Tonio, what is the biggest plus of your frost blood as far as ability and style etc. Thank you for your help. I ve been breeding for 20yrs but always like to learn from others I dont think I no it all. Always like to learn. Thanks again

Hi,

Yes I have bred Manziel Black over the Frost hens and they do very well. Most dont even come black-grey in color just grey. Max Thaggard made the famous "Vibrators" breeding a manziel grey over dark fowl and those bird were unbeatable for a while.

I think the frosts best attribute is its cutting they know where to place their shots, very accurate birds.

here is a winner from last night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1boDhvKw-o

demo
February 3rd, 2011, 02:03 PM
Nice Grey. Tonio he wasted no licks scored and pulled with every shot. Is he hatch grey using the grey hen. Thanks

Nortacs
February 3rd, 2011, 02:31 PM
Any good hatch

sir, mclean or blueface and hatch hen over grey cock or vice versa?

tonio
February 3rd, 2011, 07:53 PM
Demo,

thanks he is 1/4 kelso actually ( on the hen side)

Nortacs,

I would go Mclean on top. The frost have similar bodies to the blueface the mclean gives more chest.

Pea Comb
February 3rd, 2011, 09:16 PM
Awesome cutting grey, Sir Tonio! You have the most consistent grey family I've seen in a long time. Seems like you're doing something right in your broodpens, sir. Keep it up! :)

jupong
February 4th, 2011, 02:44 AM
boss tonio do you think your straight bred frost grey can be successful in stag derbies? and why? thanks...

orientexpress
February 4th, 2011, 04:34 AM
Thanks Tonio. We just purchased a trio from Ken Hutchison and while at his farm noticed he only crossed with kelso, hatch and the green legged grey blood he has. I will try that this year with our old Stansel hatch line we also have Leiper and Marion Rose. Have you ever crossed your frost with any black blood. I have Mel Sims, Mcrae, Shuffler and Redquill. The redquill blood is by far the fastest and most aggresive blood we raise second would be the Sims Black and then the shuffler and mcrae are about the same as far as speed with the mcrae being strong like a hatch type

I'm breeding a hutch gray stag (via slipspur) to a 1/2 clem jap 1/2 clem black pullet. Hopefully they work. Always wanted greys and blacks and i feel i got pretty damn good ones. Its just hard getting use to fowl that are so well behaved.

Nortacs
February 4th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Demo,

Nortacs,

I would go Mclean on top. The frost have similar bodies to the blueface the mclean gives more chest.

Thanks sir! I've always wanted to learn breeding greys...though I don't have a frost, I do have a bates grey I'll try crossing them with mcleans. More power!

calamay
February 4th, 2011, 10:20 AM
Hi,

Yes I have bred Manziel Black over the Frost hens and they do very well. Most dont even come black-grey in color just grey. Max Thaggard made the famous "Vibrators" breeding a manziel grey over dark fowl and those bird were unbeatable for a while.

I think the frosts best attribute is its cutting they know where to place their shots, very accurate birds.

excellent cutting greys brah tonio..they look picture perfect as well..have you crossed your frost to your rampuri's?

Strongarm5791
May 11th, 2011, 06:15 AM
Boby Joe had great Grey Cocks, but like many commercial cockers, farmed out hatches to keep up with the demand on him to sell cocks. Bobby Joe live in Tyler Texas. Many had fowl they bought from Bobby, were shipped to them from other parts of the country. Manziel Greys, at one time, were some of the best grey cocks money could buy. Like anything else, people buy the name, but after a few years, began selling "Junk" as Manziel Greys.
It depend whose hands they went through. Bobby passed away many years ago. But when Bobby Joe was fighting his own roosters, they were good as any feather that hatched.

Vibrator Cock
http://elllisgamefowl.webs.com/index.htm

Windwalker
December 14th, 2011, 09:50 PM
i have been friends with bobby jo since we were 10 years old and watch him show those frost greys evereywhere , but he had some blackgreys in the 80s that were the best roosters i ever seen hands down

Windwalker
December 14th, 2011, 09:57 PM
http://sabong.net.ph/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Windwalker_HOME1.jpg (http://sabong.net.ph/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=91132&title=me-and-bobby-jo&cat=500)me and bobby won this derby using those same blackgreys, he told me it was a mug cock that made but he lost the cock and couldnt get them back,man they were fine roosters

tonio
December 15th, 2011, 12:22 AM
i have been friends with bobby jo since we were 10 years old and watch him show those frost greys evereywhere , but he had some blackgreys in the 80s that were the best roosters i ever seen hands down

My dad has an old VHS tape of Little Bobby hand sparring a whole row of black greys, if I can convert the video I will post it up on here, super birds the catch cock was killed

Windwalker
December 15th, 2011, 12:42 AM
tonio i really like those greys you have really nice roosters,i would love to see that video of those black greys

Windwalker
December 17th, 2011, 10:28 PM
http://sabong.net.ph/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Windwalker_HOME_095.jpg (http://sabong.net.ph/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=89851&title=windwalker-farm&cat=500)manziel frost and roundhead

Windwalker
December 17th, 2011, 10:32 PM
http://sabong.net.ph/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Windwalker_HOME_092.jpg (http://sabong.net.ph/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=89850&title=windwalker-farm&cat=500)manziel frost and roundhead

cockfighter_199
December 31st, 2011, 10:09 AM
Good hatch,kelso,blacks,good sweater line

pyro
July 27th, 2012, 02:12 PM
how about the frost grey that Mr. patrick antonio fought last WSC2008?
where did it came from??

tnx for the reply:cool:

Nortacs
November 8th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Demo,

Nortacs,

thank you sir! i'll start a circle L mclean over bates grey hens this season, hope they give out good results.

H.O.T
November 8th, 2012, 09:42 AM
3x derby winner LIEPER FROSTGREY brood cock.......of mike tonio romulo...
blood composition.......50% lieper hatch (cock side) x 50% frostgrey (hen side)...
both are from manziel family....i love this cock....
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/loisbugoy/3xwinnerlieperfrostgreyview.jpg

I have a frost grey over a leiper hatch hen. I put a kelso over her this year and the stags are awesome. Two nearly died on me cause the ones still running loose beat the crap outta the ones I had on cords. They're recovering pretty quick and their attitude is still of a champ. I can't wait to show them either as stags or cocks.

Windwalker
September 13th, 2014, 11:53 AM
some of my manziel frost greys

https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10599226_267004126828206_8948820328260873634_n.jpg ?oh=ad2bbf439ea7f357aba3d726343fbbd1&oe=54A059F4

Windwalker
September 13th, 2014, 11:55 AM
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10592912_265024647026154_5309511350410825954_n.jpg ?oh=9bd829a5220c194b6a9391f3349c6ec7&oe=54895C55

Windwalker
September 13th, 2014, 11:56 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/1524938_179839898877963_1226985535_n.jpg?oh=2c9d8b 2214b9a230331c289084358031&oe=54910597&__gda__=1419522419_dfcde142e8ac6a1f2c886750e4ffd6e 8

Windwalker
September 13th, 2014, 11:58 AM
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/970003_137508726444414_840420721_n.jpg?oh=27e3b54c 4326bbfaee9db3fb69dafbb9&oe=548F6346

Windwalker
September 13th, 2014, 11:59 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/1068_137508613111092_775197328_n.jpg?oh=b1afb1360b e8eaae7230c43f5fad164e&oe=54CA844F&__gda__=1418376839_898b2d3b8612ebb1c38702150f33731 9

Alectryon
September 13th, 2014, 12:06 PM
We'd like to see video clips,spar even on PM only..

black & red
September 13th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Here's a link to there FB pages they have some vids there enjoy......https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tonio-and-Mica-Gamefarm/345373334390

LaBlue
September 13th, 2014, 09:52 PM
Manziel grey- Mug, some of the best birds I've seen or held. Smart cutters you couldn't hardly kill with an ax.

vic5.0
September 14th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Are the Manziel blacks good ?

arkla
September 14th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Lablue did u get your greys direct. Are they yellow or green legged. Just wondern if u dont mind

Kontreras
September 14th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Did anyone try yellow leg greys Bc to white leg lacy roundhead hen? what collor of the feet of their offsprings? white or yellow?

Haribon
September 14th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Did anyone try yellow leg greys Bc to white leg lacy roundhead hen? what collor of the feet of their offsprings? white or yellow?

Its a mix of white and yellow. Hard to tell the percentage.

LaBlue
September 14th, 2014, 11:38 PM
Lablue did u get your greys direct. Are they yellow or green legged. Just wondern if u dont mind Got mine from a good friend who got them direct around 69 or 70. All green legged. Some come real light silver like a frost, some darker. Very strong fowl.

Kontreras
September 15th, 2014, 05:31 PM

Bump up.. I wanna know what looks like coz we gonna try this coming breeding season, I have a good family of lacy roundhead hen planning to mate my multi winner grey/sweater...

Haribon
September 15th, 2014, 07:21 PM

Bump up.. I wanna know what looks like coz we gonna try this coming breeding season, I have a good family of lacy roundhead hen planning to mate my multi winner grey/sweater...

I too have a good family of lacy..since you are asking for the leg color when crossed to yellow leg. my experience is, you'll have the yellow and white leg color in your offspring. hope this helps.

Windwalker
September 15th, 2014, 10:46 PM
I too have a good family of lacy..since you are asking for the leg color when crossed to yellow leg. my experience is, you'll have the yellow and white leg color in your offspring. hope this helps.
I croosed mine on roundheads also and they came both ways

alberto69
September 16th, 2014, 04:41 AM
do manziel greys come pearl legged