PDA

View Full Version : TV/INTERNET PAY FOR VIEW Of Pinas Sabong Events

tony777
June 3rd, 2007, 05:40 AM
TV/INTERNET PAY FOR VIEW OF SABONG EVENTS

Say, you are in the visayas, mindanao, any part of pinas, overseas, or in a foreign country, donít you nice and wonderful people think that it would be nice to view a LIVE pinas sabong event, such as the wsc, in the privacy of your home, through a TV pay for view (such as TFC)? Then, a live call to your honest and reliable relative, friend, or kumpadre, who is at the live event, could even make your viewing much more exciting, if you know what i mean.

Any latest info, news, or comments about this its-about-time-issue?

MARVZ
June 3rd, 2007, 07:15 PM
This is a very good idea. Lets wait for our experts here.

LaDy_J
June 3rd, 2007, 07:20 PM
need major network deal( for example ABS-CBN Now)

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u200/Lady_J_bucket/th_9a05f3e1.jpg (http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u200/Lady_J_bucket/?action=view&current=9a05f3e1.pbr)

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u200/Lady_J_bucket/?action=view&current=9a05f3e1.pbr

Davao-Bohol-Coventry Triad
-----------------------------------

MARVZ
June 3rd, 2007, 07:28 PM
I Think internet pay per view is better and much easier and attainable. Our kababayan anywhere abroad have much easier access to the internet.

tony777
May 4th, 2009, 12:34 PM
"Pacquiao will take home 12 million US dollars from the bout while Hatton is set for an eight million-dollar payday. Pay-per-view income alone for the megafight is expected to be at least 40 million US dollars."
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world/hatton-and-pacquiao-to-fight-for-boxing-history-20090501-app5.html

i watch the fight in pay per view, and it was worth it, even though the waiting time is longer than the fight itself. manny is indeed the best pound for pound fighter in the world, and he makes every filipino proud.

along this line, does anyone knows the latest tv/internet pay per view-news or developments for the coming wsc in araneta?

bluelegged
May 4th, 2009, 10:01 PM
[along this line, does anyone knows the latest tv/internet pay per view-news or developments for the coming wsc in araneta?[/quote]

there is non tony777, and this will never happen....you really want to ruin our cockfighting, what will the world say seeing that??? this (cockfighting) is "only in the Philippines"

if they (the world) want to see cockfighting, fly Philippine Airlines, hehehe!

tony777
May 6th, 2009, 10:02 PM
what is wrong with our kababayans in the visayas, mindanao, u.s., asia, europe, middle east, and africa enjoying the world slasher cup derby, candelaria derby, or any phil cockfighting event live, in real time, in tv/internet pay per view in the privacy of their homes?
people are already enjoying it in video tapes or dvd.
why not the next step, live or real time, tv or internet pay per view of phil cockfighting?

bluelegged
May 6th, 2009, 10:19 PM
what is wrong with our kababayans in the visayas, mindanao, u.s., asia, europe, middle east, and africa enjoying the world slasher cup derby, candelaria derby, or any phil cockfighting event live, in real time, in tv/internet pay per view in the privacy of their homes?
why not the next step, live or real time, tv or internet pay per view of phil cockfighting?

... there's nothing wrong with them, it's you having a problem how to collect your allowance from P E T A, :p .. you need to show your accomplishments hahaha!

tory09
May 6th, 2009, 11:31 PM

I think this will only focus unneccesary attention to our sport. I'm not worried about the once who like the sport but to those who doesn't. This will only give them more motivation to redouble their effort and also a good propaganda to show to people who doesn't have opinion yet a reason for what their talking about. Least visibility is better than more at this time.... probably in the future I would hope.

banate
May 7th, 2009, 02:15 AM
I think it is not a good idea to show cockfighting on TV especially to overseas audience. It will attract the attention of opponent of cockfighting. And there is not a lot subscribers to cover the cost of showing it. Thru internet maybe is a better idea because we can at least have a control of who will be watching it. We just have to endure watching the video in a very small screen.

If things go as planned I will be able to show a live video of next month's 5-Cock Chito Tinsay Birthday derby from Iloilo Coliseum. This is a big, one day derby that breeders and cockers from Panay and Negros, plus invited guests from other parts of the country are participating.

airwhen john
May 7th, 2009, 02:22 AM
I Think internet pay per view is better and much easier and attainable. Our kababayan anywhere abroad have much easier access to the internet.

i second the motion sir marvs it is the best way like us abroad to easily access and watch our sports........

Sentenciador
May 7th, 2009, 09:12 AM
It won't happen because of only one simple reason w/o the paranoia I'm reading here.

COST.

Simple as that.

How long is your average derby? 8 hours, right? You'll have to buy airtime for 8 hours from PPV. That's an astronomical expense. Even with sponsors, the promoter will probably charge $200/ per view. Who will buy that? Not me :)

World Slasher? Our World Slasher raw material (unedited) goes from 80-100 hours. You do the math :)

Just wait for our DVDs :)

GamefowlService
May 7th, 2009, 09:20 AM
It won't happen because of only one simple reason w/o the paranoia I'm reading here.

COST.

Simple as that.

How long is your average derby? 8 hours, right? You'll have to buy airtime for 8 hours from PPV. That's an astronomical expense. Even with sponsors, the promoter will probably charge $200/ per view. Who will buy that? Not me :)

World Slasher? Our World Slasher raw material (unedited) goes from 80-100 hours. You do the math :)

Just wait for our DVDs :)

hey what about something like internet coverage of the sport? like the one that bentahan.com and cyberfriends did last January in a MOST IMPROVE way... Only those who pay can watch the video fights LIVE..and say for Makati Int'l, SJC Int'l or WSC?

do you think its feasible?

regards,

Sentenciador
May 7th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Hi,

I am not familiar with those events so I can't picture it.

But, Internet, there is bandwidth to consider. Who will pay the bandwidth? It's so expensive. Plus, there are quality issues, lag-time, delays, etc.

I'm sure it can be done though, but it will be expensive for both the manufacturer and the consumer.

Thanks.

ezil25
May 7th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Hi,

I am not familiar with those events so I can't picture it.

But, Internet, there is bandwidth to consider. Who will pay the bandwidth? It's so expensive. Plus, there are quality issues, lag-time, delays, etc.

I'm sure it can be done though, but it will be expensive for both the manufacturer and the consumer.

Thanks.

Your absolutely right sir, the bandwidth affect everything, unless the pit have a T1 bandwidth, ( it's very expensive) i watch that bentahan live coverage, there's a lot of problem, quality,speed,sound etc, but anything can be done if the money is not an object ,,

clickfish
May 7th, 2009, 12:15 PM
toni,
no problm with d cd's, we can always watch and rewatch it at a favorable time. we still need to sleep n work :D

banate
May 7th, 2009, 03:30 PM

Say, you are in the visayas, mindanao, any part of pinas, overseas, or in a foreign country, donít you nice and wonderful people think that it would be nice to view a LIVE pinas sabong event, such as the wsc, in the privacy of your home, through a TV pay for view (such as TFC)? Then, a live call to your honest and reliable relative, friend, or kumpadre, who is at the live event, could even make your viewing much more exciting, if you know what i mean.

PPV on TV for international audience won't happen at all in our lifetime or maybe in our children's lifetime. But you can subscribe now in live video thru the internet. I forgot the website but I think they charge like $20.00/month. I will ask my friend about the name of that website if you are interested to subscribe Tony777.

bquimbo
May 9th, 2009, 11:01 AM
<

Cost/benefit ratio way far out!

and also if live , imagine 80-100 hours long!! plus the waiting etc... mahirap

i guess for now pangarap lang muna and just buy DVD!

my 2 cents

bq

VMT^Carmen
May 12th, 2009, 07:53 AM
If some brave well knowledgeable soul can come up with a website with high quality streaming(doesn't have to be 52" blu-ray/lcd flat screen TV) to cover live deserving fights like that of every manny pacquiao fights(or close in comparison)..there will be a world wide happy-bound gentlemen with eyes glued to pixels.

I tried watching sparring fights via Skype..good enough but not that good.
Live cam I registered to get a glimpse of my small chicken yard every now and then is best only to quench my fondness and longing but it's more like still photo..on a cheap camera phone.

so there you go...:D ..

tory09
May 13th, 2009, 12:40 AM

Why PPV when you can have it on CDs for a fraction of the cost, quality is as good and you can watch it over and over again till the sun goes down.

Lsg Farm
June 28th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Your absolutely right sir, the bandwidth affect everything, unless the pit have a T1 bandwidth, ( it's very expensive) i watch that bentahan live coverage, there's a lot of problem, quality,speed,sound etc, but anything can be done if the money is not an object ,,

I was very surprised with your comments above " watch that bentahan live coverage, there's a lot of problem, quality,speed,sound etc". It was 2009! coverage this year which was done was considered excellent as it was purely free viewing to ALL. with NO major problem with quality, speed and sound.. :) reason why even as far as Ilocos Sur and Norte requested SQ LS service.