PDA

View Full Version : Scandalous.... Follow-up

gensoriano
September 25th, 2003, 06:15 AM
One of the governors of the Bicol Region who reportedly bet millions of pesos in a cockfight derby at the Caceres Sports Arena in Naga City during the feast of Our Lady of Peņafrancia was not present.

Al Francis Bichara of Albay province was not in that derby because he was in Manila, according to Maribeth, the governor's sister.

The Inquirer correspondent in Bicol who wrote the story, from where my comments in this space Tuesday were based, has apologized to Bichara.

Former senator Dominique "Nikki" Coseteng wrote to react to the article about the "scandalous display of wealth" (the headline of the Sept. 23 column) where she was mentioned.

Ms Coseteng gave the following clarifications:

"I did not make a spectacle of myself by betting heavily in the cockfight at the Caceres Sports Arena last Sept. 18. I was not betting. I was invited to grace the derby during the Peņafrancia Festival.

"Money on the table in front of me was not mine. I just happened to be sitting elbow to elbow with many others in the first row which was in front of the ledge next to the ring.

"I did not have aides, cristos or casadores. I do not move around with aides. I was with a special friend from Manila who was probably mistaken for my aide. He isn't.

"'Guilt?' 'Shame?' I feel absolutely no guilt or shame as my family and I have always lived simply with dignity and delicadeza (propriety) and will continue to do so."

A mutual friend of the former senator and myself said that Ms Coseteng has been visiting cockpits throughout the country because she's running again for the Senate.

"There are 10 million cockfight aficionados, gamecock breeders and people dependent on a 14-billion-peso industry," Ms Coseteng said in her letter to this columnist, "who share the love for the sport, considered a national pastime."

If Coseteng is able to go around all the cockpits in the archipelago, she'll be assured of at least 10 million votes.

Smart politician, this woman who's got a face that merits a second look.

A Ramon Tulfo Article: INQ7.net/25SEP03

ben.escandor
September 25th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Mabuhay ka, Nikki Coseteng! Beauty, Brains, and Banks. Nikki, maraming "psuedo journalists"diyan na kaya ka bibigyan ng ganyang " write-down" e, nagpapahiwatig saiyo na kailangang kasali sila sa ENVELOPMENTAL JOURNALISM FUNDS mo.
O, tingnan mo itong si Mon Tulfo, nang mabuko na bugok na itlog ang kanyang "information", ay inuto ka pa!

LUPIN3
September 25th, 2003, 09:50 PM
:lol: :lol: nadale mo pre!!!

vulture
September 26th, 2003, 08:04 AM
nyehehe! grace the cocking event lang pala si Ms. Nikki. oks pa
rin yan. mahihiyang di pumago ang mga galanteng sabungerong
nakapaikot sa kanya.:D

SUPEROOSTER
June 29th, 2009, 09:41 PM
One of the governors of the Bicol Region who reportedly bet millions of pesos in a cockfight derby at the Caceres Sports Arena in Naga City during the feast of Our Lady of Peņafrancia was not present.

Al Francis Bichara of Albay province was not in that derby because he was in Manila, according to Maribeth, the governor's sister.

The Inquirer correspondent in Bicol who wrote the story, from where my comments in this space Tuesday were based, has apologized to Bichara.

Former senator Dominique "Nikki" Coseteng wrote to react to the article about the "scandalous display of wealth" (the headline of the Sept. 23 column) where she was mentioned.

Ms Coseteng gave the following clarifications:

"I did not make a spectacle of myself by betting heavily in the cockfight at the Caceres Sports Arena last Sept. 18. I was not betting. I was invited to grace the derby during the Peņafrancia Festival.

"Money on the table in front of me was not mine. I just happened to be sitting elbow to elbow with many others in the first row which was in front of the ledge next to the ring.

"I did not have aides, cristos or casadores. I do not move around with aides. I was with a special friend from Manila who was probably mistaken for my aide. He isn't.

"'Guilt?' 'Shame?' I feel absolutely no guilt or shame as my family and I have always lived simply with dignity and delicadeza (propriety) and will continue to do so."

A mutual friend of the former senator and myself said that Ms Coseteng has been visiting cockpits throughout the country because she's running again for the Senate.

"There are 10 million cockfight aficionados, gamecock breeders and people dependent on a 14-billion-peso industry," Ms Coseteng said in her letter to this columnist, "who share the love for the sport, considered a national pastime."

If Coseteng is able to go around all the cockpits in the archipelago, she'll be assured of at least 10 million votes.

Smart politician, this woman who's got a face that merits a second look.

A Ramon Tulfo Article: INQ7.net/25SEP03

taas ko lang...

mikki moored
June 29th, 2009, 09:50 PM
ahhhhh! media, sometimes, are not in the middle. that's the reason for them to get electrocuted.