PDA

View Full Version : Spanish Black Mallorca

Dynamite asil
February 18th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Bro. any info about Black Mallorca, how they fight, do they fight like jerezzano or any other spanish gamefowl. I'm planning to infuse spanish fowl to my hamlin asil and I've seen an ads in the news paper selling black mallorca. I want to try a formula I read in grit n' steel about the way of breeding asil and spanish bloodlines. Thanks

Dynamite asil
February 18th, 2008, 08:13 AM
COLOURS: They come in all colours; black-reds, reds, grays, gold and silver duckwings, blues, duns, mottled and dead black. We have been referred to the latter almost universally as a special strain and apparently were indigenous to the Balearic island group. From here the British got their Minorcas, corrupted from Menorca (the smaller) while the larger island is Mallorca. The black Mallorca strain attained special fame, when the famous Braganza, Pirate of the Mediterranean, defeated with them the pick of English fowl brought over by British men-of-war, again and again. They fought at Palma , Mallorca, for heavy gold; and the old Pirate generally knew how to win the stakes from the British, which fact constituted his greatest satisfaction. No wonder,------as during his pirating career he had to show a pair of heels more then once before the dreaded guns of seemingly invincible British sailors. It is queer also, that in those days, almost every ship that put to sea had a few Game fowl on board Spanish as well as British. It is believed by old cockers. that the custom of trimming birds severely was with the object of making them appear smaller to the adversary and at the same time making their colour indiscernable, so that cocks that were once bossed by one of certain colour, in their walks, may not be recognized as such in the pit.

swallow
February 20th, 2008, 04:30 PM
The Black Mallorcas are very game dark fowl, but if you intend to fight them in the long knife all you need is 1/4 blood to produce the most prolific and flashy killer that you want to see... at 1/2 blood depends on how you cross them, you hardly will reap anything... In terms of appearance they would make your fowl look very beautiful once moulted but shall retain the oriental eyes

I have toyed with them for about 6-7 ys now so have seen the irritating side as well as the rewarding side of them

Dynamite asil
February 20th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Swallow, I've seen one in my friends yard but now he doen't breed black mallorca. according to him they are fast and a shuffler. They are beautiful black fowl with straight comb.

[3rd]
February 21st, 2008, 04:52 PM
Check out the gallery of Indio, there are some mallorca's there. Im trying my hand grading them, I have yet to test them in the pits though but hopefully soon. The ones I have came to me through the assistance of my good friend, Swallow.

k meleon
February 21st, 2008, 09:35 PM
anybody know why Tiny dumped his Mallorca?

REDACE
February 21st, 2008, 11:58 PM

probably because he's got better black blood from his hortas.

guardia civil
March 10th, 2012, 05:30 AM
Sad there are no Blacks in Spain.

Cuban Black.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z343/canelo45/Mexico013.jpg

When you mix White and a Black..Molata.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z343/canelo45/Mexico008.jpg

guardia civil
March 10th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Dude they came from the Amazon jungle.

Molata..black and white combo.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z343/canelo45/P1000439.jpg

tri_cast
March 10th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Dude they came from the Amazon jungle.

Molata..black and white combo.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z343/canelo45/P1000439.jpg

Bagis I like the color of the cock.. For sure when you fight this in the Phils. they will place their bets on the other side of the ring. Did you read your inbox?

swallow
March 10th, 2012, 09:04 AM
My Black Mallorca are green legged. Tiny dumped his Black Mallorca because he did not get the real stuff from the spanish mestizo living in Antipolo, Rizal. He got dunghills from him. The Blacks i saw from the Mestizo was way different from the photos of what Tiny got from him. The Mestizo is also a peddler/crook and will tell you anything for a sale, because he does not have any chicken anymore at this time. He used to have the birds in a place in Montalban, and would bring some to his Antipolo residence, however i think he sold that place also and now lives in a small apartment. His son used to keep the better ones and would sell them to some of the buyers that comes around, when the Mestizo is not around.

Mike Everett
March 10th, 2012, 09:05 AM
No black fowl in Spain, maybe you should tell them they were wrong when they listed them as Native Spanish Breeds in the National Championship in Castropol Spain in 2007. They might not be game anymore, but that could be said of alot of Spanish fowl.....LOL

guardia civil
March 10th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Tri_cast...lakay i told manong Vito to send an email to you.Check your yahoo.

TM..the Black color seemed to be a sex linked trait.Only females,probably 1:50,will come out black/straight comb.Some may come with black face like the Muggs in the US.For some reason these Cubans carry a Black gene in them.

nonny
March 10th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Jeeez Guardia havent you learnt not to argue with the book of knowledge .......

tri_cast
March 10th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Tri_cast...lakay i told manong Vito to send an email to you.Check your yahoo.

TM..the Black color seemed to be a sex linked trait.Only females,probably 1:50,will come out black/straight comb.Some may come with black face like the Muggs in the US.For some reason these Cubans carry a Black gene in them.

As of now bagis, no email yet. I will wait.

OWLBMC
March 10th, 2012, 10:50 AM
The town of Castropol is in mainland Spain up in the North West. What "National Championship" ?? Cockfighting is not even legal in that area. What is more those Mallorca fowl was said to be from the Balearic Islands near South Eastern Spain by the way it's outlawed there too. Those fowl are not known in that area.

Have any of you ever heard of a Spanish flying high like a knife fowl ?

Have any of you ever heard of a Spanish Game shuffling like a knife fowl ?

There with a place in Malay with a name that sound the same named Malacca. Is that where they come from ? The fowl from that area fight like that.

no disrepect to you sir, but you are quite a trip.

Mike Everett
March 10th, 2012, 10:51 AM
The town of Castropol is in mainland Spain up in the North West. What "National Championship" ?? Cockfighting is not even legal in that area. What is more those Mallorca fowl was said to be from the Balearic Islands near South Eastern Spain by the way it's outlawed there too. Those fowl are not known in that area.

There with a place in Malay with a name that sound the same named Malacca. Is that where they come from ? The fowl from that area fight like that.

Look it up dumb f***, it was championship poultry show, no one said anything about cockfighting, neither did you...your comment was there are no black fowl in Spain at all, you were wrong.....LOL

guardia civil
March 10th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Jeeez Guardia havent you learnt not to argue with the book of knowledge .......

Hate to argue and go down to the lowest level lol.

There's a black Spanish after all.

tri_cast
March 10th, 2012, 12:05 PM

Bagis tell mang Vito about my email that it is a @ yahoo.no not a yahoo.com. thanks.
I`m here at work this time they called me yesterday so it`s a busy weekend again.

gaff
March 10th, 2012, 12:48 PM
The Bandit imported two trios of Cubans from the USA in the 90 s. There were two black hens among them. The black hens throw Dom colored roosters never a black male, like guardia said its sex linked.

nonny
March 10th, 2012, 01:27 PM

I'm hearing you friend , obviously what "is" and what "should be " is different in the REAL world , its just some people arent aware of this...... just keep posting up those beautiful spanish/ cuban fowl for all the world to see .

AgaveAsil
March 10th, 2012, 05:28 PM

There is a place in Malay with a name that sound the same it's Malacca. Is that where they come from ? The fowl from that area fight like that.

Question, what does cockfighting being outlawed have to do with what type of fowl are in a country? Cockfighting is illegal in the U. S. & there are still gamecocks in every state of the union. Territories & commonwealths as well.

nonny
March 10th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Question, what does cockfighting being outlawed have to do with what type of fowl are in a country? Cockfighting is illegal in the U. S. & there are still gamecocks in every state of the union. Territories & commonwealths as well.

It just proves that you don't have to have a long neck to be a goose..................

gaff
March 11th, 2012, 05:04 AM
I believe my eyes is all I will say. If it looks like a Cuban, walks like a Cuban , fights like a Cuban , it's a Cuban. Feather color is a minor detail in breeding the best pit birds.
I think you just enjoy winding us up. Lol!

guardia civil
March 11th, 2012, 12:53 PM
My visual acuity on both eyes:20/20 and i'm not color blind.Black is black and white is white- smarter than a first grader i guess:D

I even called Fidel and Raul...lol...descanso mi caso.

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z343/canelo45/Hen%20House2/Bandertz005.jpg

RalSuBirds
March 11th, 2012, 01:11 PM
.... G Civil bro ,,, you do have a lot of them ..... how's their style giyyem .... in places where pits are legal ,,, do they use the tadi or other ?

tri_cast
March 11th, 2012, 02:46 PM
.... G Civil bro ,,, you do have a lot of them ..... how's their style giyyem .... in places where pits are legal ,,, do they use the tadi or other ?

Sir are you a ilocano?

Bagis GC i haven't receive yet.

guardia civil
March 11th, 2012, 07:39 PM
RalsuB...they love to smash they seldom weave but accurate to the point.I personally like the Asil/Cuban x American combo...6-1 to date in the hands of my brother and his friends.You tend to produce 1.8 kgs.-2 kgs roosters when mixed together with our fowls backhome.

Lakay tri_cast.....manong Vito already got it.Any news from Marlon?

tri_cast
March 11th, 2012, 08:15 PM
RalsuB...they love to smash they seldom weave but accurate to the point.I personally like the Asil/Cuban x American combo...6-1 to date in the hands of my brother and his friends.You tend to produce 1.8 kgs.-2 kgs roosters when mixed together with our fowls backhome.

Lakay tri_cast.....manong Vito already got it.Any news from Marlon?

Thats good news bagis. I will call my bog brother on tuesday coz it's busy day til wednesday but I will try to call him on tuesday if my work is not busy. I'm sure theywill condition them right after receiving those fowl to put them in breeding pen. They are so excited to match to those existing materials out there and maybe line breed some to produce future materials....I'm hoping to produce great warrior on them to be use on 2013 and 2014 vacation :D

JT-Sphinx
March 11th, 2012, 08:45 PM

because there is no such thing as black mallorca in PI... it was a make believe bloodline...
i have been to a guy who suppose to made it up.... when i went to his yard... all i saw there were junks... and the yard was so dirty... i cross examine him on how did he acquire the blood... all i got was funny statement about him being a relative of the king of Spain....
TM knows what im talking about... though, the guy was nice and funny....

bigteng
March 11th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I believe there is a black mallorca, i was given a pullet by a friend which happens to be a relative of ambassador Yan and he said Don M Prieto also got this line. I cross this line with my Stuart YLH and found to be too aggressive and shuffler. Gameness is there but not a flyer. The result is 2W 1L and 1 Draw.

JT-Sphinx
March 11th, 2012, 09:25 PM
the guy was advertising his so called black mallorca over the news papers... i think that was in early to mid 90s... a friend of mine was crazy about it. once someone just ordered the chickens by phone and never to come to his place you will believe it was real ... the guy was a sweet talker... he can not show me the record of his breeding... he has dozens of diifferent kinds of chickens (not breed) all over his place... people were buying by its name because its rare... but it was a make believe and fooled many...
there's no doubt that he was selling gamefowls...you can breed any gamefowls and win a few...you can even beat big boys by luck....

can you post the name of the so called black mallorca breeder in PI ????????????

bigteng
March 11th, 2012, 09:51 PM
There is an old breeder in Paranaque named Mr Onrubia, but he is dead now. =(

Mike Everett
March 12th, 2012, 10:44 AM
The only Black fowl there are Spanish / Black Minorcans etc, they are laying chickens .... http://www.aviculture-europe.nl/nummers/08E02A10.pdf

:D

Nope these are White Faced Black Spanish, maybe laying fowl, it doesn't matter, they are black and listed as a native Spanish breed, and they are in Spain, thus your comment that there are no black fowl in Spain at all, is an untruth.

Mike Everett
March 12th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I am talking about Gamefowl not farmyard Spanish fowl.

That's not what you said... you said no black fowl at all...........LOL

RalSuBirds
March 12th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Sir are you a ilocano? ....

.... :) napeklan a kasla baud kabsat [like a well massaged Texas]

.... please don't call me sir, I'm just a simple guy :)

tri_cast
March 12th, 2012, 04:30 PM

Where in Ilocos did you came from sir?
Bagis GC I'm so excited with the asil/cuban. I can't wait to cross the black with the grey to see the result in my vacation next year and those hennies that we produce in the brother sister mating...

Caloy
March 12th, 2012, 11:14 PM
The Black Mallorcas are very game dark fowl, but if you intend to fight them in the long knife all you need is 1/4 blood to produce the most prolific and flashy killer that you want to see... at 1/2 blood depends on how you cross them, you hardly will reap anything... In terms of appearance they would make your fowl look very beautiful once moulted but shall retain the oriental eyes

I have toyed with them for about 6-7 ys now so have seen the irritating side as well as the rewarding side of them

Four years onward, this must be the line that was fought and won in the last Jan 2012 WSD.. And according to our bunny hopper friend, the ugliest yet the gamest rooster fought in the history of WSC hahaha

swallow
March 13th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Four years onward, this must be the line that was fought and won in the last Jan 2012 WSD.. And according to our bunny hopper friend, the ugliest yet the gamest rooster fought in the history of WSC hahaha

the exact comment is that is he is ugliest meztizo looking black fowl that had won in WSC History. he won 10-6 against somebody i could not beat in WSC... He is a graded Mallorca though. I do not care if they are true strains or make believe, the important thing is that the ones i got are good birds and can kill in the World Slasher. The ones I got have produced for me the best fighting cocks that i have seen with my very eyes, always break higher than its opponent, have frontal blows that opponent cannot evade and knows how to evade the blows of its opponent and they CUT.

I would not need a set strain or branded bloodline that looks so beautiful but always end up dead. Its a fight to death anyway and not a photo contest that i am joining. I know of some "breeders" who buys from known breeders in USA and produce picture quality fowl, but could not CUT its opponent, these are better kept in the photo album rather than shown in the pits.

By the way someone ask that the so called breeder in the Philippines of Black Mallorca be mentioned, and I would like to give his name out, Atty. Hidalgo. Believe me 1998 I saw more than 10 uniform looking black cock and black hen in his place. He has greys and reds in his yard, and true to comment of some his place is not the cleanest, and the birds are kept in 3x3 pens and he place a rubber tire inside so that their feet will not be submerge in Mud, and feed his birds laying mash, but given this lousy care, when you spar his birds they are one hell of hard hitting and fighting machine. By the way when i saw the 10 cocks in sparring they all fight alike, they will rush in and break about 6-8 ft high, and when they reach the ground they shuffle each other for quite some time without billhold. Unfortunately i could not share any pics because i lost the photo that i had posted in sabong.net before due to upgrade problems.

tri_cast
March 13th, 2012, 04:49 PM

Sir you cansend a PM to me now coz Nadalusakon sir. Sorry

tri_cast
March 13th, 2012, 04:55 PM
the exact comment is that is he is ugliest meztizo looking black fowl that had won in WSC History. he won 10-6 against somebody i could not beat in WSC... He is a graded Mallorca though. I do not care if they are true strains or make believe, the important thing is that the ones i got are good birds and can kill in the World Slasher. The ones I got have produced for me the best fighting cocks that i have seen with my very eyes, always break higher than its opponent, have frontal blows that opponent cannot evade and knows how to evade the blows of its opponent and they CUT.

I would not need a set strain or branded bloodline that looks so beautiful but always end up dead. Its a fight to death anyway and not a photo contest that i am joining. I know of some "breeders" who buys from known breeders in USA and produce picture quality fowl, but could not CUT its opponent, these are better kept in the photo album rather than shown in the pits.

By the way someone ask that the so called breeder in the Philippines of Black Mallorca be mentioned, and I would like to give his name out, Atty. Hidalgo. Believe me 1998 I saw more than 10 uniform looking black cock and black hen in his place. He has greys and reds in his yard, and true to comment of some his place is not the cleanest, and the birds are kept in 3x3 pens and he place a rubber tire inside so that their feet will not be submerge in Mud, and feed his birds laying mash, but given this lousy care, when you spar his birds they are one hell of hard hitting and fighting machine. By the way when i saw the 10 cocks in sparring they all fight alike, they will rush in and break about 6-8 ft high, and when they reach the ground they shuffle each other for quite some time without billhold. Unfortunately i could not share any pics because i lost the photo that i had posted in sabong.net before due to upgrade problems.

Sir is he the one who wrote a book about cockfighting and he is an editor?

guardia civil
March 13th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Tri_cast...did Marlon receive his Mallorca trio yet:D?Hope he is happy with them.

tri_cast
March 14th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Tri_cast...did Marlon receive his Mallorca trio yet:D?Hope he is happy with them.

The last I called them they did not receive yet. They said that they got a message that they will wait a call from the shipper. He will call them as the fowl is already on the way to ilocos. I will call you afterwards.

guardia civil
March 14th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Cuban Blacks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU_cOv7q1ozpbuNIkaXFZroA&feature=player_detailpage&v=MN8BsIfRAFg

alonso7
March 14th, 2012, 09:18 AM
check this out...............

http://www.segundamano.es/madrid/gallos-castellanos-pura-raza/a32895204/?ca=28_s&st=a&c=31

swallow
March 14th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Sir is he the one who wrote a book about cockfighting and he is an editor?

That was Antonio Hidalga that you are referring.

swallow
March 14th, 2012, 09:34 AM
The last I called them they did not receive yet. They said that they got a message that they will wait a call from the shipper. He will call them as the fowl is already on the way to ilocos. I will call you afterwards.

Kindly do share the pics once they get them. The Black Mallorca that i saw have beautiful feathers, when they moult and turn to bullstag they already look like age cocks because they have heavy plummage and their tail feathers would normally reach the ground.

nonny
March 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Guardia would you call these 2 cocks 'black Spanish ?

I forgot to mention that these are not my images , a friend sent me a link to a Spanish site and I was surprised to see many images of fowl that have been posted up on various sites here 'for sale'..................

Guamasil
March 14th, 2012, 06:43 PM
Bro. any info about Black Mallorca, how they fight, do they fight like jerezzano or any other spanish gamefowl. I'm planning to infuse spanish fowl to my hamlin asil and I've seen an ads in the news paper selling black mallorca. I want to try a formula I read in grit n' steel about the way of breeding asil and spanish bloodlines. Thanks

The best producing hen I've seen was a 1/4 Spanish, 1/4 asil, and 1/2 Hatch. She was bred to different game roosters and ALL her sons were winners.

tri_cast
March 14th, 2012, 09:40 PM
The best producing hen I've seen was a 1/4 Spanish, 1/4 asil, and 1/2 Hatch. She was bred to different game roosters and ALL her sons were winners.

Sir what kind of hatch crossed to the spanish/asil sir?

JT-Sphinx
March 14th, 2012, 11:43 PM
sir is he the one who wrote a book about cockfighting and he is an editor?

yes, it was atty. Leo hidalgo...( antonio hidalgo is a diiferent person and he was a respected breeder who also breeds orientals in the same era with totoy de la cruz )
anyway, atty. Leo hidalgo was a wonderful guy as a person... I was in his backyard twice... I did not see any quality fowl in that place... There was an instance that i criss cross my questionS asking him about the origin of his black mallorca... All i got was b.s....he has no idea about bone structure and blood proportion of his breed...no recording keeping... A friend of mine got a young pullet from him and it did not grow big... We concluded that it was half breed of a bantam...

I have nothing against who ever got the black mallorca blood...if that is what they believe in....if they became successful of such breed... I salute you...

I am just telling you my own experience with the guy...

Cheers

tri_cast
March 15th, 2012, 12:13 AM
yes, it was atty. Leo hidalgo...( antonio hidalgo is a diiferent person and he was a respected breeder who also breeds orientals in the same era with totoy de la cruz )
anyway, atty. Leo hidalgo was a wonderful guy as a person... I was in his backyard twice... I did not see any quality fowl in that place... There was an instance that i criss cross my questionS asking him about the origin of his black mallorca... All i got was b.s....he has no idea about bone structure and blood proportion of his breed...no recording keeping... A friend of mine got a young pullet from him and it did not grow big... We concluded that it was half breed of a bantam...

I have nothing against who ever got the black mallorca blood...if that is what they believe in....if they became successful of such breed... I salute you...

Cheers
Thanks for the clarification sir. I'm talking to sir Antonio Hidalgo. Yes, the late totoy de la cruz where we got some of our first oriental breed, the mitra56 cross to different breeds like the lemon, and greys. He is the one who intruduce me and my brother the difference of an pakpak langaw and an ordinary fork knife which late sir dave aranez invented as he told to us that time.

guardia civil
March 15th, 2012, 01:27 AM
Guardia would you call these 2 cocks 'black Spanish ?

I forgot to mention that these are not my images , a friend sent me a link to a Spanish site and I was surprised to see many images of fowl that have been posted up on various sites here 'for sale'..................

That color is very common in Cuban fowls,again females will be black and males will come out with that color.

se vende...that's right they love to sell:D

swallow
March 15th, 2012, 04:35 AM

Cheers

now, that is the man i am also referring to Leo Hidalgo. As i told you he is a peddler and a crook. Once he noticed that you like a certain bird, he will give you a price that you cannot afford. He loves to tell you SAD stories to make a sale if he notice you would be leaving without buying anything. You had been to his backyard twice, when was this? I was there about 15 years ago, and i could not say he did not had quality fowl then, but when i visited him again about 8 yrs ago, yes i would agree he did not have anything decent. During the time when i met this person, there is someone who was then working with MERALCO who frequent his place and buys from him, i just could not recall his name but i was able to get in touch with him about 5 yrs ago here in the sabong.net site and found out he did well with them, and also he had a friend in cebu who also did well with them.

Also the blacks that i saw about 15 yrs ago were uniform in looks, and fighting styles. I once told my friend that had i have the money way back then, i would have bought all of them and i am sure that i would have won a lot. They are better birds than SWEATERS, hit harder and CUTS far far better. With regards to bone structure, i believe the proof is right in the specimen itself, all you need to do is feel the birds. blood proportion, I bred them and none came out other color than Jet Black, and none showed any leg color other than green legged, also they came out with small toppy. Fighting style, they came in 2 types when young, the aggressive style and the abang angat sarado style. But when they age, they are all Abang and with certain level of aggression. Also they are very sturdy fowls, you are easy to raise and seldom get sick.

Guamasil
March 15th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Sir what kind of hatch crossed to the spanish/asil sir?

Blueface hatch. I'd do it all over again if I can get me a good spanish/asil rooster. :)

JT-Sphinx
March 15th, 2012, 06:14 PM
now, that is the man i am also referring to Leo Hidalgo. As i told you he is a peddler and a crook. Once he noticed that you like a certain bird, he will give you a price that you cannot afford. He loves to tell you SAD stories to make a sale if he notice you would be leaving without buying anything. You had been to his backyard twice, when was this? I was there about 15 years ago, and i could not say he did not had quality fowl then, but when i visited him again about 8 yrs ago, yes i would agree he did not have anything decent. During the time when i met this person, there is someone who was then working with MERALCO who frequent his place and buys from him, i just could not recall his name but i was able to get in touch with him about 5 yrs ago here in the sabong.net site and found out he did well with them, and also he had a friend in cebu who also did well with them.

Also the blacks that i saw about 15 yrs ago were uniform in looks, and fighting styles. I once told my friend that had i have the money way back then, i would have bought all of them and i am sure that i would have won a lot. They are better birds than SWEATERS, hit harder and CUTS far far better. With regards to bone structure, i believe the proof is right in the specimen itself, all you need to do is feel the birds. blood proportion, I bred them and none came out other color than Jet Black, and none showed any leg color other than green legged, also they came out with small toppy. Fighting style, they came in 2 types when young, the aggressive style and the abang angat sarado style. But when they age, they are all Abang and with certain level of aggression. Also they are very sturdy fowls, you are easy to raise and seldom get sick.

T.M. has bred them and some time later he abolished every feather of the so called black mallorca... why? we can the ask the opinion of T.M. ... i already know the answer....

guardia civil
March 15th, 2012, 06:22 PM
T.M. has bred them and some time later he abolished every feather of the so called black mallorca... why? we can the ask the opinion of T.M. ... i already know the answer....

Did Eddie tell you he bred some black Spanish layers into his fowls?Then Eddie has a good taste.

tri_cast
March 15th, 2012, 06:48 PM
Blueface hatch. I'd do it all over again if I can get me a good spanish/asil rooster. :)

Thanks for the info. sir. I will try this cross in the near future. I will try also to other hatch family like hi action, leiper and gilmore. I hope they will nick for long knife fight coz the one we tried is cuban/asil crossed to tom hargus hatch but they come out to aggresive. My big brother and uncle is not satisfied to the outcome. We are hoping that they will be more abang when they will be older or become bullstag or cock.

tri_cast
March 15th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Did Eddie tell you he bred some black Spanish layers into his fowls?Then Eddie has a good taste.

Bagis did you call my big brother yesterday? I can't do right now coz I will be on duty 16 hours.

tonio
March 15th, 2012, 10:35 PM
You may be referring to Black Minorca

Black Minorca is a Spanish breed of poultry, blacks with white ears. They are not pitfowl they are raised for eggs and meat.

tri_cast
March 16th, 2012, 10:39 PM

Bagis I will send you the pics afterwards. The black is so sexy a hen that for sure produce a cock that I hate a picture cock with fan tail :D specially when cross to an american breed like sweater or even a hatch OMG I can't seat on my chair anymore :D

MisterBotsok
March 17th, 2012, 02:16 AM
A best friend and breeder told me to register see some posts re the Black Mallorca as he knows i have it..Yes sir, what u think abt Leo ders some truth to it but in fairness to him and as a friend he has been honest wid me, as we come a long way..I got his chicken as a trade wen he came to visit me and saw my Hatch Greys..that time i had only 3 bloodlines, Mclean Hatch, Hatch Grey and Col. Givens Claret..The Mallorcas I got for 3 reasons, speed.power.cut..Wen he offered it to me, all I did was jus trust the guy and crossed my fingers, see wat happens wid the offsprings..First generation i had some pure ones meaning from wat i got i mated them, and some crosses with the hatch, grey and claret..Wat i saw w/out doubt i sed there is a future in these blacks..To make the story short Sir, I have bred this blacks since 1984 up to this date and it has been my base blood..to date i have only 4 lines hatch, grey,kelso and black mallorca..have fought this fowls in the big leagues in MM, Visayas.. i cant complain as they have fought well..championships, they have done their share..Sir, I cant say much to all those people who got bad fowls from Leo..I know his heart..and I know his finances wer not dat good alredy in those times, Sir u wod understand, i believe u know wat im driving at..Be well and God bless to all Sabungeros..More power sabong.net!

OR GALLO
March 17th, 2012, 02:45 AM
I've seen Spanish black hennies so maybe that's where someone that lived in Mallorca got the black color from, then just bred to the color and the rooster feather instead of henny feather.

swallow
March 17th, 2012, 02:58 AM

I knew the answer, he wrote it in a magazine several years back, they are DUNGHILLS according to him. For the same reason i checked the photo of his Black Mallorca, and it did not look the same as what i got so at least i felt relieved. likewise just to be sure i fought the straight bred offsprings to see if they would quit, and did not get one.

By the way, my friend visited my junkyard and was able to get a photo of a graded Mallorca, so once he sends it over i will try to post it here for those who are interested

guardia civil
March 17th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Black Cuban...

Cuban Black... - YouTube

MisterBotsok
March 17th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I knew the answer, he wrote it in a magazine several years back, they are DUNGHILLS according to him. For the same reason i checked the photo of his Black Mallorca, and it did not look the same as what i got so at least i felt relieved. likewise just to be sure i fought the straight bred offsprings to see if they would quit, and did not get one.

By the way, my friend visited my junkyard and was able to get a photo of a graded Mallorca, so once he sends it over i will try to post it here for those who are interested

Sir you are correct re the Mallorcas plummage, when it molts the hackle becomes longer and the tail sometimes reaches the ground..have tested these fowls stag and bullstag in 6 cock derbies and they have withstood gruelling punishment, never turned their back and wins against known breeders here in the Visayas up to now...yes Leo once mentioned TM..sad to know it didnt work out wid him for one reason or another, and I know how it feels, lets just say it happens to every breeder, even in the US, known breeders sell scrap, dunghills to unsuspecting filipino buyers at prices you wouldnt believe..breeding fowls is a challenge and a work of art in developing a top of the line fighting gamefowls..the quest never ends. Will try to post pictures in due time.:)

Guamasil
March 17th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the info. sir. I will try this cross in the near future. I will try also to other hatch family like hi action, leiper and gilmore. I hope they will nick for long knife fight coz the one we tried is cuban/asil crossed to tom hargus hatch but they come out to aggresive. My big brother and uncle is not satisfied to the outcome. We are hoping that they will be more abang when they will be older or become bullstag or cock.

You need to take it one more step and breed the hens of the above mating to a strain that has some smarts like roundhead or kelso.

tri_cast
March 17th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Black Cuban...

Cuban Black... - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihAt0Sml7JA&feature=player_detailpage)

How is she related to the black lady lakay?or are they related? Sorry for the pics. I send to you it takes some couple of hours coz I can't copy the code on my ipad. I must wait for the other computer coz they are busy making our invitation for this coming april 28.

tri_cast
March 17th, 2012, 04:10 PM
You need to take it one more step and breed the hens of the above mating to a strain that has some smarts like roundhead or kelso.

Thanks sir for the advice. We will try some in this off season with that mating. Thanks for the advice.

guardia civil
March 17th, 2012, 05:43 PM
How is she related to the black lady lakay?or are they related? Sorry for the pics. I send to you it takes some couple of hours coz I can't copy the code on my ipad. I must wait for the other computer coz they are busy making our invitation for this coming april 28.

No relation lakay.I was able to talk to Marlon the other day, the three materials are doing good so far.Hopefully in two weeks time they will be ready.

cnucum
March 17th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I hope we stay true to the topic "Spanish Black Mallorca" as I wish to know more about them...

By the way they are being described by the ones that do have them, they fight like oriental grades...

competitor
March 17th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Black Cuban...

Cuban Black... - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihAt0Sml7JA&feature=player_detailpage)

VERY NICE LAKAY GC!........;)

indio
March 17th, 2012, 08:08 PM
sharing some info on the web

complete article : http://www.freewebs.com/postiza/spanishgamefowlinfo.htm

COLOURS: They come in all colours; black-reds, reds, grays, gold and silver duckwings, blues, duns, mottled and dead black. We have been referred to the latter almost universally as a special strain and apparently were indigenous to the Balearic island group. From here the British got their Minorcas, corrupted from Menorca (the smaller) while the larger island is Mallorca. The black Mallorca strain attained special fame, when the famous Braganza, Pirate of the Mediterranean, defeated with them the pick of English fowl brought over by British men-of-war, again and again. They fought at Palma , Mallorca, for heavy gold; and the old Pirate generally knew how to win the stakes from the British, which fact constituted his greatest satisfaction. No wonder,------as during his pirating career he had to show a pair of heels more then once before the dreaded guns of seemingly invincible British sailors. It is queer also, that in those days, almost every ship that put to sea had a few Game fowl on board Spanish as well as British. It is believed by old cockers. that the custom of trimming birds severely was with the object of making them appear smaller to the adversary and at the same time making their colour indiscernable, so that cocks that were once bossed by one of certain colour, in their walks, may not be recognized as such in the pit.

nonny
March 18th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I typed out that article some years ago. It still even has the same typing errors. It also mentions Muffs and Top knots too but they are not from Spain either.

http://doshermanas.olx.es/hola-amigos-galleros-a-qui-espongo-ejenplares-iid-167211699

next time your in Spain you better call this guy and tell him he dosent have muffs .....do you consider yourself more knowledgeable than Calos Finsterbusch now eddie ?

guardia civil
March 18th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Eddie..so you are claiming now that there's a lot of error in what you have written in that Spanish Gamefowl info?That the black Mallorca really never existed?Well,this what i see- you claim something and few pages later you retract what you just said.Remember in writing there what is called editing and proofreading.

JT-Sphinx
March 19th, 2012, 02:03 AM
A best friend and breeder told me to register see some posts re the Black Mallorca as he knows i have it..Yes sir, what u think abt Leo ders some truth to it but in fairness to him and as a friend he has been honest wid me, as we come a long way..I got his chicken as a trade wen he came to visit me and saw my Hatch Greys..that time i had only 3 bloodlines, Mclean Hatch, Hatch Grey and Col. Givens Claret..The Mallorcas I got for 3 reasons, speed.power.cut..Wen he offered it to me, all I did was jus trust the guy and crossed my fingers, see wat happens wid the offsprings..First generation i had some pure ones meaning from wat i got i mated them, and some crosses with the hatch, grey and claret..Wat i saw w/out doubt i sed there is a future in these blacks..To make the story short Sir, I have bred this blacks since 1984 up to this date and it has been my base blood..to date i have only 4 lines hatch, grey,kelso and black mallorca..have fought this fowls in the big leagues in MM, Visayas.. i cant complain as they have fought well..championships, they have done their share..Sir, I cant say much to all those people who got bad fowls from Leo..I know his heart..and I know his finances wer not dat good alredy in those times, Sir u wod understand, i believe u know wat im driving at..Be well and God bless to all Sabungeros..More power sabong.net!

It surmised me who you are sir but I'll keep it by myself...
My point is, why the heck did he called it Black Mallorca??? If Mr. L.H. is the originator of this bloodline, from what genetic nake-up did this line came about???...there should be a history behind it if it is real... All gamefowl breeds and its breeders have such well recorded breeding program to follow ... and this blood haven't....
If the so called black mallorca did good for you, you are the most lucky person on earth...
I apologize for my words but I dont mean to malign Mr. L.H. this is a discussion of the existence of such black mallorca.....
Mr. L.H. black fowls could be a real black mallorca breed?????????
or it could be a black macrae>> black sid cross? or anything from a black blood.........
who knows???? only God knows?????? i heard some people say ogk line.....

peace...

MisterBotsok
March 19th, 2012, 02:30 PM
It surmised me who you are sir but I'll keep it by myself...
My point is, why the heck did he called it Black Mallorca??? If Mr. L.H. is the originator of this bloodline, from what genetic nake-up did this line came about???...there should be a history behind it if it is real... All gamefowl breeds and its breeders have such well recorded breeding program to follow ... and this blood haven't....
If the so called black mallorca did good for you, you are the most lucky person on earth...
I apologize for my words but I dont mean to malign Mr. L.H. this is a discussion of the existence of such black mallorca.....
Mr. L.H. black fowls could be a real black mallorca breed?????????
or it could be a black macrae>> black sid cross? or anything from a black blood.........
who knows???? only God knows?????? i heard some people say ogk line.....

peace...

You are right sir, we dont know what the genetic make-up of the Black Mallorca is..it was just a black fowl maybe LH perpetuated and called BM..so does other breeders who perpetuated their signature fowls..the genetic make-up we dont know and just depend on the breeders explanation of the fowl..i believe its a combination of so many bloodlines already that has nicked on their hands, as i surmise there is no such thing as pure now as to say pure we have to go back to the first fowl created..Maybe we should just compliment the breeder to having perpetuated a line he may call his own and if it works for any person who gets the fowl or not then we just have to continue searching for the right chickens that fits our needs..As an example a very long time ago the late Richard Bates gave me a trio of dark fowls and he said its his Negro line..dat is what is the Bates black now..and i asked him what bloodline are these? and he said ..its a Bates fowl..i didnt ask anymore questions and i just believe him...I maybe one lucky person to get a black fowl from LH..yes sir you are right..and I will still call that fowl a Black Mallorca in honor of the person who gave it to me and has done well for my breeding up : to this date..yes sir, my peace!:)

JT-Sphinx
March 19th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Let's leave Mr. LH behind. It's not personal but I myself had asked him about his breeding pen and breeding program and there was none. I haven't see any broodfowls around. He told me that his black mallorca blood came from Spain and he also told me that there is a pheasant blood in his breed. How does he expect me to believe it. Anyway, I will not try to be a villain in this topic. Just saying what I saw.

Let's go to Bates black.
I believe that Mr. Richard Bates bred an excellent mug cock to his bigtail hatch that created his bates black line. Please see the attached pic of my bates black banded by the man himself...this broodcock is 6 years old... this was being sold for 25k in 2006...

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/JT-Sphinx/Bates-Black.jpg

eurospark
March 19th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Let's leave Mr. LH behind. It's not personal but I myself had asked him about his breeding pen and breeding program and there was none. I haven't see any broodfowls around. He told me that his black mallorca blood came from Spain and he also told me that there is a pheasant blood in his breed. How does he expect me to believe it. Anyway, I will not try to be a villain in this topic. Just saying what I saw.

Let's go to Bates black.
I believe that Mr. Richard Bates bred an excellent mug cock to his bigtail hatch that created his bates black line. Please see the attached pic of my bates black banded by the man himself...this broodcock is 6 years old... this was being sold for 25k in 2006...

You have a nice cock sir. No doubt for his price for he is the king in your breeding pen.

JT-Sphinx
March 20th, 2012, 12:19 AM
You have a nice cock sir. No doubt for his price for he is the king in your breeding pen.

many thanks for the kind words sir... but I have other broodcocks that would surpass the ability of this bates black. I think the age also matters....

tri_cast
March 20th, 2012, 12:36 AM

Let's go to Bates black.

How I wish to have one like this but 25K is hard for me to earn coz I'm just an ordinary man. Maybe this will leave as a dream..

nonny
March 20th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Nonny there is no law against having Muff fowl or any other kind of fowl, he is not claiming that the Muffs are Spanish!

Finsterbusch was from Chile in Latin America. That is a very long way from Spain :rolleyes:

Fowl in Latin America have been made up of many types for a very long time.

By the way that website is full of peddlers did you not even know that ?

This web site seems to have a peddler of of garbage information as well , many images from this web site you have cut and pasted and offered as 'pure' Spanish game on other sites ...... so why should we believe you over an internationally acknowledged expert by his peers ? How many times have you said no dom's in Spain ??? I can post a link to a seller of doms , no muffs , well we see there is , no blacks well eddie , excuse me but there is.....dark legs ? hell you even posted a pic of a group of hens on another site that had a black spangled hen that dark legs but you said they were "pure Spanish hens". Please give us a break and take your 'history' else were , here we create history through the actions of our fowl........

gypsy rose
March 20th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Name one breeder or cocker who made good with this bloodline in the big derbies. As far as I am concerned- ZERO. He got me curious on the first call. On the second call, he started to badmouth Tiny M without realizing I took the liberty of talking to TM for his experience on this blood. I just gave him the freedom to talk and talk to his heart's delight. One lie after the other, he kept on going without giving me the chance to react until the line got cut. Wow! A very strange personality.

nonny
March 21st, 2012, 03:33 AM
There are Asil / Oriental & Modern / OEG in Spain too but they are not Spanish!

We are talking about Spanish Game.

I have seen Dom fowl in Spain but they are Not Spanish!

There are Muff fowl in Spain but they are Not Spanish!

Where did I say that there were no dark leg Spanish ?

I said that Cuban fowl don't come with dark legs.

Cuban fowl come Yellow & White legs.

Next time get your facts right boy.

I think your far more believable when you say nothing eddie , as soon as you touch that keyboard you contradict your self .........

nonny
March 21st, 2012, 10:34 AM
Come up with some examples ? Bring it on!

I dont have to try to embarrass you eddie , your doing a good enough job of that all by yourself !

You quote Al Sanchez , but then have told him his white tassels are not cuban You question Guardia who helps out Gustavo Sanchez when he post pictures of their cuban fowl and question their breeding....... What I know about spanish or cuban fowl you could write on a pin head , but I know bull chit when I hear it or read it . I'd sooner take the word of some one that has stepped into the pit and tell the story of their fowl than an internet suffer who changes their opinion every other post .

nonny
March 21st, 2012, 11:42 AM
There is a strain of Jet Black Spanish Game fowl, but they are not Jerezano, they are from the Balearic islands just off the coast of Spain & they are called Black Mallorca Game fowl. The Game fowl on the Balearic islands come different feather colours too, but the Black Mallorca are regarded as a strain of their own. I suspect thease are the Black Spanish Game fowl that you are talking about ? Most people who I have talked to about thease birds, didn't even know that thease birds exist & many of thease are people are sapose to know Spanish Game. You do get individual Black or Brassback Jerezano's in Spain, but to my knowledge, they have not bred to uniform feather colour, like the Spanish Black Mallorca Game from the Balearic islands ?

Your words eddie..........not mine !

Mike Everett
March 21st, 2012, 11:55 AM
Your words eddie..........not mine !

Oh boy did he ask for that..............LOL

nonny
March 21st, 2012, 12:05 PM
eddie you are so full of it ! Your making a statement and end it with a question mark , that's just bad grammar , nothing else !

Mike Everett
March 21st, 2012, 12:09 PM
eddie you are so full of it ! Your making a statement and end it with a question mark , that's just bad grammar , nothing else !

Now Nonny don't be too hard on him, after all the only thing orginal in his spewings are his typo's.......lol

nonny
March 21st, 2012, 12:13 PM
Now Nonny don't be too hard on him, after all the only thing orginal in his spewings are his typo's.......lol

you crack me up Mike.....

Mike Everett
March 21st, 2012, 12:34 PM
What a shame you did not notice this .. ? LOL.

I also noticed the first ? mark in the paragraph, it seems your style is to ? yourself...LOL

nonny
March 21st, 2012, 12:36 PM
I'll say it again eddie , you were making a statement and ended a sentence with a question mark , that is just a poor education shown up by bad grammar !

nonny
March 21st, 2012, 12:38 PM
I also noticed the first ? mark in the paragraph, it seems your style is to ? yourself...LOL

like he used to be indecisive but now he's not so sure .......

swallow
March 21st, 2012, 07:11 PM
Name one breeder or cocker who made good with this bloodline in the big derbies. As far as I am concerned- ZERO. He got me curious on the first call. On the second call, he started to badmouth Tiny M without realizing I took the liberty of talking to TM for his experience on this blood. I just gave him the freedom to talk and talk to his heart's delight. One lie after the other, he kept on going without giving me the chance to react until the line got cut. Wow! A very strange personality.

Yup his Leo Hidalgo alright!!! hahaha the truth is i do not care what he says, but the birds i saw in his yard and got from him, are not a F_ck up bloodline, because when bred they show uniform offsrpings like a pea in a pod.

gypsy rose
March 21st, 2012, 07:38 PM
Tell us something on their pit performance.

JT-Sphinx
March 21st, 2012, 10:31 PM
Yup his Leo Hidalgo alright!!! hahaha the truth is i do not care what he says, but the birds i saw in his yard and got from him, are not a F_ck up bloodline, because when bred they show uniform offsrpings like a pea in a pod.

in what level of cockfighting are you involve with???hackfights??? 7-cock derbies? perhaps you can tell us... and we shall understand...

[3rd]
March 21st, 2012, 11:44 PM
Did you fight in the Jan 2012 WSC? If you did, if you saw the ugliest looking black fowl that won 10-6 odds, that belongs to Swallow. He had shares in 2 other entries, also in the same event. He has been a regular participant in the WSC, once bagging the championship in 2009 in tandem with his partner. I can go on, but I hope that is enough credentials....

in what level of cockfighting are you involve with???hackfights??? 7-cock derbies? perhaps you can tell us... and we shall understand...

nonny
March 22nd, 2012, 02:01 AM
The "Spanish Black Mallorca" does not come from Spain also there is no full Black fowl in Spain at all.

There is a strain of Jet Black Spanish Game fowl, but they are not Jerezano, they are from the Balearic islands just off the coast of Spain & they are called Black Mallorca Game fowl. The Game fowl on the Balearic islands come different feather colours too, but the Black Mallorca are regarded as a strain of their own. I suspect thease are the Black Spanish Game fowl that you are talking about ? Most people who I have talked to about thease birds, didn't even know that thease birds exist & many of thease are people are sapose to know Spanish Game. You do get individual Black or Brassback Jerezano's in Spain, but to my knowledge, they have not bred to uniform feather colour, like the Spanish Black Mallorca Game from the Balearic islands ?

Now point out any errors in that ?

It's called reading ( with no pun intended ) between the lines ;)

How about you read between the lines...........because when I do all I read is bull$hit !

nonny
March 22nd, 2012, 05:01 AM
no trick questions there eddie ......just contradictory statements .

Mike Everett
March 22nd, 2012, 05:06 AM
I think Eddie saw something nasty in the woodshed..."Cold Comfort Farm".....lol

guardia civil
March 22nd, 2012, 05:07 AM
Looked like Al did a typo there...full vs. fool:D

nonny
March 22nd, 2012, 05:50 AM
So what color is this cock .......green ?

http://sanlucardebarrameda.olx.es/gallos-de-muy-buena-line-jerezana-a-media-postura-iid-331824746

that hole is getting deeper eddie .

Mike Everett
March 22nd, 2012, 06:10 AM
It's not a solid Black fowl, look at the White tail.

By the way do you think that is a pure Spanish ? LOL

He's blacker that the the ones you said were as black as they get, what makes you think the ones you showed are any more Spanish than this one. Go away Troll, you have nothing to add to this forum..........other that proving what an A$$ you are.

nonny
March 22nd, 2012, 06:13 AM
It's not a solid Black fowl, look at the White tail.

By the way do you think that is a pure Spanish ? LOL

What I think , is that you need to turn your p.c off and get a real life . Buy some fowl and get your hands dirty , breed a few , fight a few and then come back and tell us of your experiences and you'll be a lot more believable instead of quoting other people and old books and surfing the net for images........

Mike Everett
March 22nd, 2012, 06:24 AM
Only a loser has to resort to personal insults just answer the question, do that bird look like a pure Spanish Game ?

It's not a insult it's a fact....and for you to call me a loser I take it as complement....LOL What's a "do that" more of your Tinker grammer?

gypsy rose
March 22nd, 2012, 07:43 AM
It's not a insult it's a fact....and for you to call me a loser I take it as complement....LOL What's a "do that" more of your Tinker grammer?

Hey guys! Don't spoil the fun, you might consider doing a conference call and discuss among yourselves. Quit it now before you start sounding like bickering housewives. Peace!

Mike Everett
March 22nd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Hey guys! Don't spoil the fun, you might consider doing a conference call and discuss among yourselves. Quit it now before you start sounding like bickering housewives. Peace!

Then best you keep out of it................

gypsy rose
March 22nd, 2012, 09:18 AM
Then best you keep out of it................

You're right, seems like ithere's going to be a cat fight instead. I'm out. Goodbye and good luck!

Mike Everett
March 22nd, 2012, 09:29 AM
What makes you think that I am a Tin Smith ?

Because only someone that has been inhaling heavy metals could be so out of touch with reality......LOL

Mike Everett
March 22nd, 2012, 10:03 AM
Why do you think that the "grammer" of a Tin Smith would be different to any one else ?

Well, maybe you're right, Damn there goes your excuse, your affliction must be from something else.

swallow
March 22nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
Tell us something on their pit performance.

They will win against any opponent when graded. The proof is in WSC 2012, the ugliest looking black fowl you see there that won, with cut and gameness and skill. Wait for the VIDEO.

swallow
March 22nd, 2012, 11:38 AM

I fight in World Slasher Cup 8 cock Derby, and SJC International 8 Cock Derby. For me hackfights and 3-5 cock events are not a good gauge for testing your birds, as you usually get an advantage when you find a match, or in small derbies, match makers usually get to pick whom they want to fight. If you are breeding birds, fight where the toughest competition is, and be beaten by the best and win against them as well.

nonny
March 22nd, 2012, 12:57 PM
The "Spanish Black Mallorca" does not come from Spain also there is no full Black fowl in Spain at all.

http://ciudadcordoba.olx.es/gallos-jerezanos-iid-67219591

So which of these 2 statements of yours are wrong eddie ?

Accurate information is hard to get for those new to the game with out people deliberately making misleading statements like you have above to make the water murkier ......

JT-Sphinx
March 22nd, 2012, 08:59 PM
;4059213']Did you fight in the Jan 2012 WSC? If you did, if you saw the ugliest looking black fowl that won 10-6 odds, that belongs to Swallow. He had shares in 2 other entries, also in the same event. He has been a regular participant in the WSC, once bagging the championship in 2009 in tandem with his partner. I can go on, but I hope that is enough credentials....

may i know what was his entry name in 2009 & was it wsc 1 or 2 ??? was that ugly black fowl a black mallorca???
2009 championship--- was it his own breeding or financed by him???
did he ask you to post for him?????

[3rd]
March 22nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
Your questions have been answered by Swallow above.

He did not ask me to post for him, I answered because I know the answers and he is a good friend. Pardon the intrusion.

may i know what was his entry name in 2009 & was it wsc 1 or 2 ??? was that ugly black fowl a black mallorca???

Mike Everett
March 22nd, 2012, 11:10 PM
This .... There is a strain of Jet Black Spanish Game fowl, but they are not Jerezano, they are from the Balearic islands just off the coast of Spain & they are called Black Mallorca Game fowl. The Game fowl on the Balearic islands come different feather colours too, but the Black Mallorca are regarded as a strain of their own. I suspect thease are the Black Spanish Game fowl that you are talking about ? That is the type of stuff that is posted on this website about this so-called strain of fowl.

I say this .... The "Spanish Black Mallorca" does not come from Spain is that clear for you ?

What makes you think the Balearic Islands are not part of Spain?

Mike Everett
March 23rd, 2012, 12:49 AM
Did I say that they were not ?

So if the Spanish Black Mallorca come from the Balearic Islands like you stated, and the Balearic Islands are part of Spain, logic would say that Spanish Black Mallorcas came from Spain. Why would you say Spanish Black Mallorca did not come from Spain?

nonny
March 23rd, 2012, 03:49 AM
This .... There is a strain of Jet Black Spanish Game fowl, but they are not Jerezano, they are from the Balearic islands just off the coast of Spain & they are called Black Mallorca Game fowl. The Game fowl on the Balearic islands come different feather colours too, but the Black Mallorca are regarded as a strain of their own. I suspect thease are the Black Spanish Game fowl that you are talking about ? That is the type of stuff that is posted on this website about this so-called strain of fowl.

I say this .... The "Spanish Black Mallorca" does not come from Spain is that clear for you ?

But you posted that eddie , no one else .

nonny
March 23rd, 2012, 05:27 AM
I typed out that article some years ago. It still even has the same typing errors. It also mentions Muffs and Top knots too but they are not from Spain either.

you claim you wrote that article out some years ago.........why mislead people then ?

swallow
March 23rd, 2012, 08:01 AM

Well the entry name for 2009 was under SPOILED sa AMO, and I am a financed partner of that Champion entry, and it was JAn 2009.

The Ugliest Looking black fowl that ever won in WSC History last jan 2012 as per my friend, was a grade of Black Mallorca. I bred him that is why I know what he is, and he won over an entry I could not beat in previous WSC meetings. by the way for your knowledge, i had never scored below 0.500 pct in any of my personal entries in WSC.

Did i ask 3rd to post for me? What the **** are you saying, I never needed somebody to post for me, because I speak my mind and I do not need anybody to agree with my words, just like most of you people DOES!!! I do not need people to back me up on my belief, because my self esteem and confidence is far more than that of any of you here have combined... I have too much of it my friend, and its one thing that I really do best... Why, did you ever needed anybody to post for you to back your claims? or are you just surprised to find out that I fought in tougher competitions than you expected, because you had previously ask me if i fight in hacks, or 7 cock events?

I do not even care if i get BANNED in this site provided i am able to say my piece, even if they are UNSOLICITED. In fact i am still wondering how come i am still able to post at this time, when i had a run through with the Administrator himself just last week.

swallow
March 23rd, 2012, 08:05 AM
;4060375']Your questions have been answered by Swallow above.

He did not ask me to post for him, I answered because I know the answers and he is a good friend. Pardon the intrusion.

You better tell him 3rd, that the reason you know about the Mallorca grade is because you have them too, and you scored 16-1 with them graded.

We are not claiming that what we have are AUTHENTIC Mallorcas, all we are saying is that we were told they are 'BLACK MALLORCA", and just like JT SPhinx, we agree that the source Leo Hidalgo is a peddler and a crook at times. However if i do not call these birds Black Mallorca based on what i was told, then what will i call them, SOB = Son of B*tch?

JT-Sphinx
March 23rd, 2012, 11:05 AM
;4060375']Your questions have been answered by Swallow above.

by all means ... this is all about black mallorca...nothing personal...i have to speak the truth all about the so called black mallorca of L.H... PEACE....

JT-Sphinx
March 23rd, 2012, 01:11 PM
Well the entry name for 2009 was under SPOILED sa AMO, and I am a financed partner of that Champion entry, and it was JAn 2009.

The Ugliest Looking black fowl that ever won in WSC History last jan 2012 as per my friend, was a grade of Black Mallorca. I bred him that is why I know what he is, and he won over an entry I could not beat in previous WSC meetings. by the way for your knowledge, i had never scored below 0.500 pct in any of my personal entries in WSC.

Did i ask 3rd to post for me? What the **** are you saying, I never needed somebody to post for me, because I speak my mind and I do not need anybody to agree with my words, just like most of you people DOES!!! I do not need people to back me up on my belief, because my self esteem and confidence is far more than that of any of you here have combined... I have too much of it my friend, and its one thing that I really do best... Why, did you ever needed anybody to post for you to back your claims? or are you just surprised to find out that I fought in tougher competitions than you expected, because you had previously ask me if i fight in hacks, or 7 cock events?

I do not even care if i get BANNED in this site provided i am able to say my piece, even if they are UNSOLICITED. In fact i am still wondering how come i am still able to post at this time, when i had a run through with the Administrator himself just last week.

my questions were just plain and simple...not a profound one.....hold your composure my friend... i should say that you are one of the lucky person that had bought L.H. black fowls...wishing you more good luck...

swallow
March 23rd, 2012, 02:00 PM
my questions were just plain and simple...not a profound one.....hold your composure my friend... i should say that you are one of the lucky person that had bought L.H. black fowls...wishing you more good luck...

Don't worry about my composure my friend, its just my natural way... well as i had mentioned i agree with you that the man is a peddler and crook, so i am sure a lot more have bought from him with the same sentiments as you had.

indio
March 23rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Black Mallorcas

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/deadgame_photos/GEDC0561.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/deadgame_photos/bmbcock.jpg

BM x

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/deadgame_photos/bmcross.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/deadgame_photos/DSCN3108-1.jpg

guardia civil
March 23rd, 2012, 05:42 PM

Very nice black M. sir Indio.

indio
March 23rd, 2012, 06:37 PM
Thank you Mr. Guardia Civil! The same goes to your stocks. :-)

indio
March 23rd, 2012, 06:40 PM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/deadgame_photos/2010%20Stags/BM3.jpg

guardia civil
March 23rd, 2012, 06:48 PM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/deadgame_photos/2010%20Stags/BM3.jpg

Please bring them out:D, i want one myself..very nice black.

tri_cast
March 23rd, 2012, 07:25 PM
Ohhh man what a cock sir indio!!!

indio
March 23rd, 2012, 10:21 PM
Mr. Guardia Civil / Mr. Tri_Cast, thanks for appreciating!

nonny
March 24th, 2012, 01:35 AM
nice blacks indio , I hope they perform as good as they look ....

swallow
March 24th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Indio,

Thanks for the pics. Are you Geevee? Those pics reminds me of the originals I got, but mine came taller, and would make anything bred to them high station birds

Can i visit you and get some of those birds you posted?

guardia civil
March 24th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Black Cuban Hennie...

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z343/canelo45/007.jpg

nonny
March 24th, 2012, 08:47 AM
No I did not. Read this .. I typed out that article some years ago. Finsterbusch wrote it :D

so you copied it then and have inferred it was your knowledge when you never had a clue ?

swallow
March 24th, 2012, 09:05 AM
indio: Those fowl are not Spanish! The Spanish Game fowl in Mallorca are all basically Jerezano in type.

I think we all refer to them as Black Mallorca, but we do not really know if they are spanish in origin, as like other birds we would not know if they are indeed american. One thing i am sure they do not speak Espanyol... Just kidding...

indio
March 25th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Thanks, Nonny.

Benson, yup its me. Got the same inquiry from 3rd, unfortunately i don't have anything that I can let go as of now. I almost lost the line a couple of years ago. I am still breeding some foundation material to ensure that it will never happen again. I will check with my dad if he is willing to let go of the bullstag I gave him (he is busy playing around with the rampuri grade and some muffs). The bullstag though is a cross (not pure black feathering) but still have 50% bm blood.

cheers!

[3rd]
March 25th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Geevee,

Good looking blacks. The interest hasnt wavered a bit, let us know when you have something to let go. I am extremely biased with the ones that have toppy's, they tend to be the better ones :)

Regards

indio
March 25th, 2012, 10:39 PM
3rd,

I will. yup, I do have the same observation with those toppy variant :-) I even went overboard, reason for this broodhen (bm x black muff)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/deadgame_photos/GEDC0557.jpg

keep in touch.

Pinoyxp
March 28th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Black Mallorcas

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/deadgame_photos/GEDC0561.jpg

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/deadgame_photos/bmbcock.jpg

BM x

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/deadgame_photos/DSCN3108-1.jpg

good looking birds............................................. ..

nonny
March 28th, 2012, 08:20 PM
Did I ? Where did I do that ? Point it out for all to see where it was done.
your words eddie

Here is the full version .... Hi Mintblack, Jerezano Game fowl come just about every feather colour, except Dom.
Apart from a few Gray & Brown/Green legs They are prodomently a Yellow leg breed. For the record, I have never seen a Spanish Jerezano in Spain with White legs & people who have lived there for years have never seen any eather. However Cuban Game do have White legs.

Now regarding thease Black Jerezano, upto now at least, Spanish Jerezano's have never been bred to uniform feather colour, Spanish breeders simply breed the best Spanish cocks to the best Spanish hens, quality & Gameness have tradtionaly been the only requirement, they are mostly single mated & from that single mateing you could get all different colours.

you told a man who was claiming his fowl a 'black jerezano that they were actually black mallorca , if I read your post correctly ........now you say that there are no black mallorca but rather black jereezano........W.T.F ?

swallow
March 28th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Thanks, Nonny.

Benson, yup its me. Got the same inquiry from 3rd, unfortunately i don't have anything that I can let go as of now. I almost lost the line a couple of years ago. I am still breeding some foundation material to ensure that it will never happen again. I will check with my dad if he is willing to let go of the bullstag I gave him (he is busy playing around with the rampuri grade and some muffs). The bullstag though is a cross (not pure black feathering) but still have 50% bm blood.

cheers!

I know you are an officer in one of those organization, have you fought any of your mallorca grades in the those derbies?

I like your hen toppy muff, maybe i can have that hehehe

nonny
March 28th, 2012, 08:35 PM
indio: Those fowl are not Spanish! The Spanish Game fowl in Mallorca are all basically Jerezano in type.

who gives you the right to dictate to people what they have and have not ?regardless of your expert opinion , people can call their fowl what they wish. And as you have been shown to have no knowledge of fighting cocks your word eddie isnt worth **** in my opinion

[3rd]
March 28th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Wow, this is unique! I would have preferred this if it also had the mulberry face, should look menacing!

3rd,

I will. yup, I do have the same observation with those toppy variant :-) I even went overboard, reason for this broodhen (bm x black muff)

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii196/deadgame_photos/GEDC0557.jpg

keep in touch.

nonny
March 30th, 2012, 04:34 AM
Zilu asked Confucius "If you could take over a government, what's the first thing you would do?"

"I would start using honest language." Without a doubt, I'd want to call things by their right names."

"Are you kidding? replied Zilu, who loved to argue with Confucius. "What do language have to do with governing ?"

"Listen Zilu. If we don't call things by their correct names, then words don't mean a thing. When words don't match reality, what is said isn't the same as what is meant. And when what is said isn't the same as what is meant, we can't think clearly and nothing can be accomplished. Calling things by their right names makes it possible for us to speak truthfully about them."

some times eddie its better to say nothing and let people think you a fool rather than say something and confirm what they were thinking.........