PDA

View Full Version : ALBANYS

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

swtrhtch1925
March 15th, 2008, 12:48 AM
I guess Im partial to my Johnny Jacobs Albanys. I'm sort of partial to the idea of my fowl coming both straight and peacomb and yellow legged. I do get a green legged peacomb pullet of the ones I crossed with the Moore Albany's but those are very few. They can cut, have power and gameness unsurpassed by any fowl. They make an excellant cross over my claret hens. Plus Ive used claret cocks over albany hens and they proved excellant also. Ive been meaning to post a foto of my Albanys and Clarets but the rain has been making them look ruff so Ill just wait a few more days.

IrishCutt - i'd like to get more infos what you like and if there is something also you do not like with Claret Albany. Which is father and mother side or vice-versa. Traits you like both game and physical.

thanks.

irishcutt
March 15th, 2008, 05:47 AM
Hey Swtrhtch, I like them both ways actually. I always thought the Albany's had a lot of power and bottom but wouldnt break like the clarets. Well until I crossed them I found out that they will fight just about equal either way. I honestly couldnt tell ya how they would do in the LK since Im a gaff man. But I also thougth my claret/whiitehackles may not be good in the LK until I found out differently. SInce the Morgan whitehackle is a better breaking whitehackle then some others they crossed great with the clarets and were deadly cutting fowl that had plenty of smarts. The same goes for the Claret/Albany, Albany/Claret cross. Im a firm beleiver in a cock not only being a cutting cock but also he must show some smarts in battle...As you know a cock that rushes in may win his battle but you hardly get anything back worth keeping. So to me a smart cock will most of the time be able to show again. And thats the way these Albany and Claret crosses seem to be. Ive only made the first cross with them at 1/2 and 1/2 and not gone any lower. Im seriously thinking of crossing some roundhead or some of my asil blood into them and see how they do..Hope this helps answer some of your question. Maybe I got way off base so just let me know and Ill do 'er again.. YFIS...LOL...

Kelso56
April 24th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Does Anyone Know Of Some Albanys In The Usa And If So Can I Have The Contact Number Thanks A Lot

hillsiderz
April 25th, 2008, 08:20 AM
ozark mountain albanies. That's all he breeds and single matings too.

hillsiderz
April 25th, 2008, 08:51 AM
doug mcdougal
830-947-4012
sutherland spring, tx
stags 500
pullets 250
hens 300
rooster with 3 pullets 1000

lolotoots
April 25th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Does Anyone Know Of Some Albanys In The Usa And If So Can I Have The Contact Number Thanks A Lot

How about Red Williamson? by Bruce Jones? I have shipment coming from Mr Bruce Jones today on all his bloodline that he is selling like YLH, MADIGIN CLARET, LEIPER HATCH, AND REGULAR GREY. He mentioned on his e mail about RED WILLIAMSON ALBANY he will be sending me too. Now, should I call it Bruce Jones Red Williamson ALBANY? Pinnon Red Williamson Albany? I don't know.

I didn't had the chance to e mail him back yet but you can inquire directly from him by sending him an e mail to this e add. pinnonhatch@yahoo.com . By the way, He is the grandson of the legendary MR HERMAN PINNON from Missouri.

Si lolotoots ito

RAngers
April 25th, 2008, 07:21 PM
try to contact Big F or Triple F of Dumalag, Capiz, and ask him where is he getting his Albany's

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/TBBrangers/IMG_0515.jpg

ttp://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/TBBrangers/IMG_0512.jpg

RAngers
April 25th, 2008, 07:23 PM
again,

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s108/TBBrangers/IMG_0512.jpg

Kelso56
April 26th, 2008, 02:44 AM
What About Jhonny Moore I Have Heard He Had Albanys But Are They Good??

Laguan
April 26th, 2008, 04:56 AM
d.mcdougal, a.houston, g.justiss and j.michalski all have j.moore albany.

slipspur
April 26th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Bill McNatt of Cherokee Game farm ( Oklahoma ) has some real good Albany's... proven in the L/K in the P.I.

myklegs
April 26th, 2008, 06:12 AM
Kelso56,
Are you looking for JM albanies here in the US or Phils? Try to pm Miguelito 'coz he used Johnny Moore Albanies crossed with Kelso ang sweaters last at Candelaria '07. He was one of the champs. He might be on vacation at this time but just try though. Good luck bro.

What About Jhonny Moore I Have Heard He Had Albanys But Are They Good??

Kelso56
April 26th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Myk Legs
Im Looking For Them In The Usa

myklegs
April 26th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Kelso,
Give him a shout out 'coz I thin he knows JM but as what he told me JM won't sell any of his Albany fowls to anybody. Just give it a shot and pm Miguelito.

Myk Legs
Im Looking For Them In The Usa

Butch Inson
May 6th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Good day mga bros:)

Heres the website of miguelito gamefarm of Mike Cuaresma

Butch Inson
May 6th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Good day mga bros:)

Heres the website of miguelito gamefarm of Mike Cuaresma

[/URL][URL="http://www.miguelitogamefarm2.bravehost.com/"]www.miguelitogamefarm2.bravehost.com (http://www.%3Cb%3Emiguelitogamefarm2.bravehost.com%3C/b%3E)

regards,

butch

GoletaGame
May 6th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Dont forget larry romero albanys some of the best around, just my opinion

94BLOCK
May 6th, 2008, 02:24 PM
try mac white. he shows them in the new issue of grit & steel.

napoleonlaurent
May 7th, 2008, 01:57 AM
i like my dink fair albany

ginblack
May 7th, 2008, 05:33 PM
What are the main characteristics of Albany lines? What's their style?

Thanks

antong
May 8th, 2008, 12:41 AM
What are the main characteristics of Albany lines? What's their style?

Thanks

they are good breakers, lots of power and good ground fighters...
crossed well in roundheads, sweaters and kelso...

antong
May 8th, 2008, 12:54 AM

glen justis, charlie johnson, bill mcnatt to name a few...with regards to their contact info i cant provide coz i dont know either...lets wait for others to reply on your queries....

slipspur
May 8th, 2008, 02:25 AM
Bill McNatt is a very honest man & he prices his birds so a man can afford em... I recommend him highly. Bill owns the Cherokee Game Farm & Supply... his # is... 918-966-2121.

SheltonRH
May 8th, 2008, 02:36 AM

SIR,IF YOU WANT THE REAL JOHNNY MOORE OR THE STORY ABOUT THIS JM FAME ALBANYS..YOU BETTER GET THE COPY OF GRIT&STILL MAGS.MAY 2008 ISSUE.AND THEIRS A GUY THERE FAMOUS BREEDER IN THE US OF A .SHARE THE STORY ABOUT THIS JM ALBANY.WHO GOT THEM OR ETC....

:) SHELTONRH...FIS

bogoy
May 8th, 2008, 02:42 AM
I THINK THE BEST ALBANY STILL HERE IN UPSATE WHERE ORIGINATED..FOR INFO; JM ALBANY WHAT THEY CALLED SOUTHWERN ALBANY BREED....ACCORDING TO THE OLD TIME COCKER BREEDER.

junebug32
May 8th, 2008, 06:39 AM
I will go with Charlie Johnson's Albanies.He has been doing great with them on the last few years.That is what you want.You want to buy from someone that is competing with them and winning with them today.

bigbair
July 19th, 2008, 11:53 PM
What is the make up of a Albany?

marcusrn
July 20th, 2008, 06:31 AM
whitehackles................

ilocano lakay
July 26th, 2008, 08:41 PM
please give me an idea regarding green legged ALBANY.. who breeds the greenlegged line. and the best line to cross with thanks.

FIRE-RITE
July 27th, 2008, 09:53 AM
sounds to like there already crossed enough;)

romy 3388
July 27th, 2008, 10:08 AM
please give me an idea regarding green legged ALBANY.. who breeds the greenlegged line. and the best line to cross with thanks.

how about this one you like it.

hatchman2
July 27th, 2008, 10:16 AM
glenn justiss has some of his albany to come green legs. you can contact him and he will give you the history of his lines

ranrey1
July 27th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Try Bill Mcnatt Albany

orlando
July 27th, 2008, 10:30 AM
sounds to like there already crossed enough;)
youre right.

rcavan
July 27th, 2008, 12:52 PM
dink fair albanys come green and yellow

JL-24
July 27th, 2008, 03:25 PM
glenn justiss has d best albanies, but try not to breed w/ d greenleg coz its a throwback breed to d original w/c is d yl

ilocano lakay
July 27th, 2008, 03:59 PM
thanks JL-24 to the ideas you shared. hope to ask you again soon... thanks!

CarlosPDiaz
July 28th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Me and my friend has been breeding the green legged Albany for more than ten years now and have good success with them. Who the original breeder, sorry I never asked him.

Regards,
Caloy

tough_rod
July 28th, 2008, 03:04 PM

up natin yan sir:)

ilocano lakay
July 28th, 2008, 08:13 PM
thanks sir caloy by the way how do they fight ang any idea which line is the best to cross with thank.

raul_1
July 28th, 2008, 09:10 PM
kakay albany is whitehacklexround head cross with hatch family that is way it will be green legged albany.......

raul_1
July 28th, 2008, 09:47 PM
boss make up of albany is whitlehackleXroundhead.......

OREVON
July 28th, 2008, 11:38 PM
i use only 1/4 albany blood on my crosses. no more than that.

miguelito
July 29th, 2008, 02:16 AM
this year I breed back the great grandaughter (F3) back to the old albany 20% throw green leg mostly on pullet. I almost killed them... but when I spoke with Matt S. from Georgia he told me that always case with him. when the family are getting to close... it means it need to infuse new blood and take them out again in the next 3 breeding season... to keep the line going till it throw green leg again.
Thanks,
Mike

bogoy
July 29th, 2008, 02:29 AM
JOHNNY MOORE ALBANY MUCH MORE POPULAR HERE IN THE US...NEVER HEARD ABOUT THE GREEN LEG ALBANY. MAYBE ANOTHER INFUSESION..THE ORIGIN BREEDER OF ALBANY, LIVED HERE IN UPSTATE NEWYORK, ALBANY...
..JOHNNY MOORE ALBANY CALLED THE "SOUTHERN"
THE REAL ALBANY CALLED " NORTHERN"...ACCORDING TO THE OLD TIMER COCKERS HERE IN THE US...

raul_1
July 29th, 2008, 07:49 PM
JOHNNY MOORE ALBANY MUCH MORE POPULAR HERE IN THE US...NEVER HEARD ABOUT THE GREEN LEG ALBANY. MAYBE ANOTHER INFUSESION..THE ORIGIN BREEDER OF ALBANY, LIVED HERE IN UPSTATE NEWYORK, ALBANY...
..JOHNNY MOORE ALBANY CALLED THE "SOUTHERN"
THE REAL ALBANY CALLED " NORTHERN"...ACCORDING TO THE OLD TIMER COCKERS HERE IN THE US...
most albany in new york and canada are loaded w/white hackle blood thats why it will come straight comb and light yellow legged or white leeged...yellow legged but j moore albany is peacomb head and yellow legged... i think albany is a modified bred.....

blastpak
July 29th, 2008, 10:59 PM
An old cocker said Johnny Moore's original Albanies were from
the late Roy Guyer. They may be modified version of the "northern".
Here's Pinoy2 Roy Guyer Albany (starting to moult). Same as mine;
however I took the straight-combed one...

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd71/i_blastpak/IMG_0435-2.jpg

most albany in new york and canada are loaded w/white hackle blood thats why it will come straight comb and light yellow legged or white leeged...yellow legged but j moore albany is peacomb head and yellow legged... i think albany is a modified bred.....

marcusrn
July 29th, 2008, 11:37 PM

i recognize the rooster and the arms, again hehehe

ilocano lakay
July 30th, 2008, 12:26 AM
thanks to everyone who answered my call.. please more inputs thanks

irishcutt
July 30th, 2008, 01:55 AM
I have raised the Johnny Jacobs Albanys and they come predominately straight combed and yellow legged. But some will throw a peacomb..I then bred two Johnny Moore albany cocks to some of my Jacob hens and now I got several green legged,peacomb pullets. Plus one of the cocks was spangled and I got a couple of spangled hens also.. From an interview Johnny gave to Grit and Steel he said the Albanys were getting too inbred and he needed new blood to put in them so he got some of the green legged Regular Grey blood from Harold Brown and infused that into his albanys'. All my stags/cocks outta both lines have come 100% yellow legged..

bogoy
July 30th, 2008, 02:01 AM

RAUL,
THIS IS MY ALBANY BROODCOCK OVER JUMPER HEN
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q241/BOGOY_2007/DSC02564.jpg

Eiffel
July 30th, 2008, 02:34 AM
RAUL,

nice looking albany bogoy do you have offspring on this breed like the same color of this cock.

raul_1
July 30th, 2008, 10:19 AM

sir i think steel magnolia can answer this information about albany because he is good friend of nox moore an old time breeder....pls...email steel magnolia about nox moore albany...thx....blastpak......fr. raul....

raul_1
July 30th, 2008, 10:28 AM
RAUL,
bogoy nice brood cock very good body configuration.....that is body of good albany......

Srenotliw0416
July 30th, 2008, 11:01 AM
gud am nice cock sir :)

tornado_reds
July 30th, 2008, 11:32 AM
i like albanys. i have Reb Wlliamson and AJ Houston albanys. not much info about them. have to ask my mentor. i'd like to share some pictures of my albanys

AJ Houston cock and Reb Williamson hen
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm313/torando_reds/albany1.jpg

their offspring
http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm313/torando_reds/purealbany.jpg

Reb Williamson cock
http://sabong.net.ph/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/61795/cat/500/ppuser/3145

good luck to your albany breeding.:)

marcusrn
July 30th, 2008, 11:14 PM
about the johnny moore albanies, anybody knows how reb williamson is connected or related to them, if any connection exists at all?

blastpak
July 30th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Thanks raul1...
Here's a Roy Guyer Albany hen

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd71/i_blastpak/IMG_0440.jpg

sir i think steel magnolia can answer this information about albany because he is good friend of nox moore an old time breeder....pls...email steel magnolia about nox moore albany...thx....blastpak......fr. raul....

CarlosPDiaz
July 31st, 2008, 06:36 PM
Ilocano Lakay,

I had a family of greys that they cross extremely well. They fly (average) but deadly both in the air and on the ground. We have beaten alot of yeloow legged red presumably sweaters and kelsos.

Hope this helps.

Caloy

bskmac21
July 31st, 2008, 09:01 PM
you were wondering how johnny moore was associated with reb williamson. Johnny moore and roy guyer fought together under the mephis club banner and later on reb williamson was also part of that same group. I could not tell you the years but reb got everythong when roy guyer passed away. I know of a few individuals that got their choice before they were sent to reb. Most of the pea comb albanies originated from the same source. Also about the green leggs, johnny told a group of us at mid america that if you get a green legged pullet to bred her for crosses and the majority that he fought was a cross of a albany cock over something else and had much better success that way than breding the yl hens for battle fowl. Hope this helps. kyle

kikiyo17ca
July 31st, 2008, 09:05 PM
makikibasa lang po:D :) :cool:

blastpak
July 31st, 2008, 09:26 PM
Thank you very much, Sir bskmac21...

My source says Johnny Moore even got the record books from Mrs. Guyer
together with his choice Albany brood. However I wonder some people also
say Mr. Moore lost track of his breeding later. Maybe you could help on this
too. Your input is highly appreciated and anticipated

you were wondering how johnny moore was associated with reb williamson. Johnny moore and roy guyer fought together under the mephis club banner and later on reb williamson was also part of that same group. I could not tell you the years but reb got everythong when roy guyer passed away. I know of a few individuals that got their choice before they were sent to reb. Most of the pea comb albanies originated from the same source. Also about the green leggs, johnny told a group of us at mid america that if you get a green legged pullet to bred her for crosses and the majority that he fought was a cross of a albany cock over something else and had much better success that way than breding the yl hens for battle fowl. Hope this helps. kyle

marcusrn
July 31st, 2008, 11:06 PM

thanks for the info.

bskmac21
July 31st, 2008, 11:14 PM
I don't know what johnny did with the records, but I know that they were not fighting all that many albanies in the later years when he was partners with johnny jumper. I think they were still using them in crosses but johnny moore said that they were going down in health and added some of harolds green legged grey to try to make them healthier. Their are a few other individuals beside johnny moore that got their choice and they still have them. I was at the other guys house and his are as healthy as ever and probably as good as always. He sales all that he wants to to mexico and very rarely lets any go. Since the law changed he pretty much will not even talk to some one that he has not known for several years. I am sure that somebody has more information as to johnny moore's fowl, my knowledge is just from visiting with him at the fights at mid america.

blastpak
July 31st, 2008, 11:33 PM
Have you heard about the guy, an old man now, who used to
take care of Mr. Roy Guyer's chickens? May I know who are
the others that still has them. Please send me a personal message.
Thank you again...

Laguan
August 1st, 2008, 06:11 AM
Thank you very much, Sir bskmac21...

My source says Johnny Moore even got the record books from Mrs. Guyer
together with his choice Albany brood. However I wonder some people also
say Mr. Moore lost track of his breeding later. Maybe you could help on this
too. Your input is highly appreciated and anticipated

I hope Jamesbulhaw will provide input here as he is a friend of John Michalski who was a close friend of Mr. Johny Moore. He might know something about the Johny Moore Albanies producing green legs and how Mr. Moore messed up his markings.

blastpak
August 2nd, 2008, 01:31 PM
Thanks, Laguan... let's hear from James B.

However there's another old man involved concerning the Roy Guyer Albanies aside from Mr. Michalski. He got hold of some of the choice brood aside from the usual people we know or hear about. But the road for the quest of obtaining his Albany blood seem to lead towards Mexico. That is if we do not know our way around Oklahoma and Iloilo.

My appreciation for you again, Kyle!

A brood from Oklahoma (click it):
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd71/i_blastpak/IMG_0442-1.jpg

Elhungaro
August 10th, 2008, 07:24 AM
how about Larry Romero Albanys some one has experienced whit this kind of Albanys

trueedge
August 25th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Read a whole heck of a lot about Albany's? In all of your experiences which are some of the good ones out there. Thank you.

Buzzo
August 26th, 2008, 06:45 AM
Mac White has as good of Albany rooster you will ever find. If I were going to buy albany chickens I would clal Mr white. Like sweaters, good albanys are pretty easy to find if youre looking in the right place. Bama sport has some really nice albany roosters, along with grey soldier.

hatchman2
August 26th, 2008, 06:52 AM
dale cantrell has some aces. a blend of sonny ware and ray hoskins. charlie johnson also has some real good albany fowl.

Ross Arriola
August 26th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I've seen some good albany's from Mr. Glenn Justice of TX. Also Mr. Larry Romero has some good ones as well

msb_marvin
August 26th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Nice thread may avatar is an Albany cock.

Tweety-Doo
August 26th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Folks lets put the contact number of these people you are recommending it would be very helpful for those who are inquiring. so people can have some leads to reach them.

Thanks just my opinion to make it easier for our fellow cockers.

trueedge
August 27th, 2008, 10:04 AM
What are some of the differences if any between the different Albany's posted above?

Ive heard Larry Romero has some of the best? Also Glen Justice? If there are people that have the Albany much appreciated. Any info on the Cantrell's Albany's? Thanx.

george
August 27th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I've seen some good albany's from Mr. Glenn Justice of TX. Also Mr. Larry Romero has some good ones as well

Ross Arriola
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Ross Arriola
Find More Posts by Ross Arriola
Add Ross Arriola to Your Buddy List

trueedge What are some of the differences if any between the different Albany's posted above?

Ive heard Larry Romero has some of the best? Also Glen Justice? If there are people that have the Albany much appreciated. Any info on the Cantrell's Albany's? Thanx

I think Larry Romero's Albany are suited for LK fighting. We fought 2 straight bred LR Albany in a 5 cock in Roligon and 1 another straight bred in a 3 cock in Las Pinas. All 3 won. Although we were not champions in the said derbies, the bloodline proved to be competitive.

http://sabong.net.ph/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/75805/cat/500/ppuser/10
http://sabong.net.ph/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/75504/cat/500/ppuser/10http://sabong.net.ph/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/60836/cat/500/ppuser/10

Smoke23
August 27th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I would vernture to say if they want a contact number PM them... Let not be putting alot of number up on here...

roxleez
August 27th, 2008, 12:38 PM
does anyone has contact info of larry romero?

trueedge
August 27th, 2008, 02:10 PM
dont need contact info just wanted to know about them. As in weight, size, temperament, and anything else youd like to add. Thanx all for the comments thus far.

ojo caliente
August 27th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Straight Green Jeans Albany's shown under the Saltillo entry shared 1st place honors with Gene Batia's show in Pachuca, MX.

scirrocco'nzion
August 27th, 2008, 11:29 PM
;) Since we are on the topic of Albany's, I've heard that there are red Albany's and there are white ones. Is there any significant difference in the fighting performance of these two Albany colors? Or, perhaps, there are other feather colors of this bloodline? kindly share your wisdom to us, amigos! ;)

stay focused ...

Zacdaddy77
August 28th, 2008, 01:07 AM
;) Since we are on the topic of Albany's, I've heard that there are red Albany's and there are white ones. Is there any significant difference in the fighting performance of these two Albany colors? Or, perhaps, there are other feather colors of this bloodline? kindly share your wisdom to us, amigos! ;)

stay focused ...

I've never heard of a white Albany.Mine have always been red YL about 95% peacombed.I have heard of some with WL but mine have never come that way.My Albanys are some of the best cutting fowl I've ever seen.

,Zac

marcusrn
August 28th, 2008, 03:00 AM
maybe a spangle colored albany got mixed with a spangled or white butcher. spangled butchers seem to produce whites very easily.

7th_Syndicate
August 28th, 2008, 04:49 AM
Straight Green Jeans Albany's shown under the Saltillo entry shared 1st place honors with Gene Batia's show in Pachuca, MX.

what did batia show?

JBS
August 28th, 2008, 05:01 AM
There Is A Brassback Albany Straight Comb,yellow Leg A Breeder From Alabama

Ross Arriola
August 28th, 2008, 06:05 AM
dont need contact info just wanted to know about them. As in weight, size, temperament, and anything else youd like to add. Thanx all for the comments thus far.

My Albany's come Dark Wine, Yellow Legged (white leg will pop out from time to time), Pea Comb, Their weight ranges from 4.10lbs to the low 5lbs. The ones i got have a good temper, my 5year old son can walk up to them a pick them up. Now as for their fighting style, they're more on the defensive side, they'll make the opponent miss and then let him pay big time for his mistake. I say their cutting ability is super (just like the Butchers).

I'm gonna test some battle cross (hatch/albany & Coon /Albany) this season.

hope this helps bro...

OnPoint
August 28th, 2008, 07:48 AM
we've shown both mac white's and glenn justice's albany fowl .. mac's comes more on the lighter side with tight plummage and much more toned than are glenn's .. glenn's are broad backed and darker with heavier plummage .. far as performance is concerned, glenn's would tear down a barn door if given a chance to hit it, mac's would hit you so fast so frequently you'd be left guessin what just happened .. i preferred mac's over glenn's style wise but that's just me ..

also seen a bunch of larry romero's albany shown and they too are really impressive ..

my two cents ..

slipspur
August 28th, 2008, 08:03 AM
Larry Romero has prolly the best Albany's going right now... James Tally's are a contender tho.

becoolman
August 28th, 2008, 10:17 AM
bill mcnatt have a good albany

slipspur
August 28th, 2008, 01:12 PM
bill mcnatt have a good albany

You are right! Bill is a friend of mine & I can't believe I forgot about his! Bill is a heck of a good fella & his birds are priced so that a working man can afford them... don't let the price fool ya, his birds are awesome & he's proved them all over including the P.I.

trueedge
August 28th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Thanx everyone for your replies. I hear a lot of great stuff about the Romero's Albany's. Anyone here own the Romero Albany's?

Butch Inson
August 28th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Good day everyone ,

In P.I there's one breeder that I know Who breed Albanys that he acquires direct to Mr. Albany (Johhny Moore ) who owns the cockpit here in Negros Occidental the Don Carlos Montilla Memmorial Stadium Eric Lacson son of late Hector Lacson.:)

regards

safiro
August 28th, 2008, 05:02 PM
if u read the article Larry romero's interview he said, " my jaw dropped in awe when my bird (albany) killed him (cardinal kelso) in one fly. I believed this because it also happened to me, i've got an albany who won in one fly, very accurate cutter and aggressiveness with speed ( follow up punches for the finish).

trueedge
August 28th, 2008, 11:07 PM
thanx for the info everyone keep it coming

irishcutt
August 28th, 2008, 11:20 PM
I raised the Johnny Jacobs Albanys' and they come 100% yellow legged with pea combs and straight combs. I kinna like the striaght combs a little better but that's just me. Now I got two cocks from Johnny Moore a few years ago and crossed them with a couple of my Jacobs Albanys' and got a boat load of green legged pullets. But the stags still come yellow legged and all of them came peacomb.

trueedge
August 28th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Thank you Irishcutt. How have you been? Thank you for the info.

muscledean
August 29th, 2008, 12:02 AM
i have the ozark mt. albanys and i love them.super agressive.cut like hellcross them on a DUCK get 50%.bad ass roosters.just a little ill.if you dont have a good blood of albany chances are you will be whipped by one!!
Thank you Irishcutt. How have you been? Thank you for the info.

trueedge
August 29th, 2008, 12:05 AM
lol muscledean thanx buddy

sagitaurus
August 29th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Johnny Moore Albany Second To None

Laguan
August 29th, 2008, 06:04 AM
I've never heard of a white Albany.Mine have always been red YL about 95% peacombed.I have heard of some with WL but mine have never come that way.My Albanys are some of the best cutting fowl I've ever seen.

,Zac

Steel Magnolia had white Albanies. If I am not mistaken, it came from his Knox Moore's brassback.

bearhill
August 29th, 2008, 10:45 AM
What about Stub Poyners Albanys?They are real good . I have some of his bloodline. I received mine from a good friend who had them for a long time. Very good roosters .

Bearhill

trueedge
August 30th, 2008, 11:17 PM
bump to the top

bradley274
September 18th, 2008, 07:21 AM
i would like to know how good of fighting stile are the albanys?i have one but it has a hunchback and dont know if that afects its fightin abilities and if it would not be good to figh?

5SAINTS
September 18th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Show us some Pictures of it !

bradley274
September 18th, 2008, 07:53 AM
different views same rooster..it dosent really show in the pics..

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee176/Bradley274_B4L/DSC02867.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee176/Bradley274_B4L/DSC02864.jpg
http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee176/Bradley274_B4L/DSC02863.jpg

karabiti
September 18th, 2008, 11:25 AM
i have a friend who had albany. he only keep it for infusions. not much on his yard but i envy those lines.
they are quick, stylish and fly high.
his albany is like being run by energizer batteries.
it keeps on going.:D

here are some vids.

this stag is fought against his uncle who is a bullstag. these are all albanys.

http://www.youtube.com/v/vj_bAIhNtEE&hl=en&fs=1

karabiti
September 18th, 2008, 11:26 AM
another spar.
same albany stag fought against a gold stag.

http://www.youtube.com/v/Z14Xm-t_mZ0&hl=en&fs=1

karabiti
September 18th, 2008, 11:29 AM
regarding his hunchback, its not a problem. same fighting abilities but 2 things i noticed about hunchbacks, they are more powerful and more quick on turns.

lon051500
September 18th, 2008, 11:33 AM
sir kalabiti your friend go good albany's where's his farm...

leytekid
September 18th, 2008, 11:42 AM
THis sparring video is posted by a friend who breeds some albany. I like the fighting style of his albany crosses. Hard hitting and accurate punchers..

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd3b6czdsBk

karabiti
September 18th, 2008, 11:45 AM
in marigondon, mactan, cebu

only 1 albany left in his yard. the bullstag.
the stag will be fought today in our local stag derby.
he will be fighting under NCCA HK. fight no. 138.
i guess his fight it will be at dawn of sept. 19.

bradley274
September 18th, 2008, 12:09 PM
thnx for info karabiti thats a nice fowl i would like to know if it wins and if its on vid..

jcjfarms
September 18th, 2008, 12:27 PM
i have a friend who had albany. he only keep it for infusions. not much on his yard but i envy those lines.
they are quick, stylish and fly high.
his albany is like being run by energizer batteries.
it keeps on going.:D

here are some vids.

this stag is fought against his uncle who is a bullstag. these are all albanys.

http://www.youtube.com/v/vj_bAIhNtEE&hl=en&fs=1

Those are some nice albany. What line are they and where did they originate? I had some glen justiss really good fowl just bad tempered.

MENTE
September 18th, 2008, 12:34 PM
just want to share the video.............
1st time a REB WILLIAMSON albany stag fought..........

http://menterosa.multiply.com/video/item/80/albany_vs._henny

karabiti
September 18th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Those are some nice albany. What line are they and where did they originate? I had some glen justiss really good fowl just bad tempered.

my friend says that its a gift from his uncle.
thats all i know.
i envy those birds.:D

msb_marvin
September 18th, 2008, 04:35 PM
The only Albany in my backyard.;) :)

http://saraka1423.multiply.com/photos/hi-res/20/8?xurl=http%3A%2F%2Fsaraka1423.multiply.com%2Fphot os%2Falbum%2F20%2FBattle_Crosses%238

karabiti
September 19th, 2008, 10:03 AM
thnx for info karabiti thats a nice fowl i would like to know if it wins and if its on vid..

good news!
the stag albany you saw won last 5am p.i. time.
got a minor cut while going for a finishing blow.:)

unluckily none of us got a vid on the fight.:(

bradley274
September 19th, 2008, 12:38 PM
ohh thats a good to hear prob destroyed the other rooster..

manok911
September 21st, 2008, 06:03 PM

jcj,

these are johnny moore albany lines....:)

lon051500
September 22nd, 2008, 11:42 AM
good h won his fight congrats..........more pics

3G'sGamefowl
December 9th, 2008, 05:27 PM
To be or not to be an albany man?

I personally am a Albany man i have them pure and also have them 1/2 Albany 1/2 Lacy. 3/4 Albany 1/4 Asil (Boles). And im currently crossing with green leg sweater. The Albany is one of the smartest fighting breeds, great cutters, and very game. In other words they dont stick there leg out for nothing. My Albany/Asil cross are my bread and butter for the mx show. Many people prefer other breeds but this is my breed.

jitter123
December 9th, 2008, 07:40 PM

I personally am a Albany man i have them pure and also have them 1/2 Albany 1/2 Lacy. 3/4 Albany 1/4 Asil (Boles). And im currently crossing with green leg sweater. The Albany is one of the smartest fighting breeds, great cutters, and very game. In other words they dont stick there leg out for nothing. My Albany/Asil cross are my bread and butter for the mx show. Many people prefer other breeds but this is my breed.

i am an albany man also...even though negros people always had lemons and hulsey...well i had hulseys and lemon but also i maintain albanys........

kogmohon
December 10th, 2008, 12:38 AM
for a albany man fighting short or longknife...cecil jones albany rocks...

bustamante
December 10th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I like those Ozark Mountain Albanys From Doug

menterosa
December 10th, 2008, 09:11 AM
got REB WILLIAMSON albany, crossed it to kelso, here's 1 of the offspring 2x derby winner
http://menterosa.multiply.com/video/item/425/MOV02132.MPG

Tweety-Doo
December 10th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Finding a good Albany breeder is the problem for one to come up with the right Albany.
Nowadays its very hard to find a Breeder who would let go of there price birds even sometimes for a good price. Usually it takes to be really a good friend to aquire those birds and off-course the right connection too.
Lucky are those who were able to acquire a good Albany fowls. I congratulate those who has this beautiful gamefowl.

Just my 1 cent opinion

totskito
December 10th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Finding a good Albany breeder is the problem for one to come up with the right Albany.
Nowadays its very hard to find a Breeder who would let go of there price birds even sometimes for a good price. Usually it takes to be really a good friend to aquire those birds and off-course the right connection too.
Lucky are those who were able to acquire a good Albany fowls. I congratulate those who has this beautiful gamefowl.

Just my 1 cent opinion

Not really..if your very much interested in buying a quality fowl, you should take time in seeing them in the flesh..visit the recommended breeder and have a pocket full of $$..in a commercial breaders world... money talks..just a thought..YFIS totz..:)

SheltonRH
December 10th, 2008, 11:30 PM

I think
i already read this line in an american magazine...either the grit and steel or the gamecock mags... :D wonder if you are that writer sir....word by word ehh!!!:D

i dont want to often somebody feelings here,just want to know if you are that guy write this topic there that is also nov.2008 issue.thank you!!

3G'sGamefowl
December 11th, 2008, 04:00 AM
No thats not me that would be Mr. Charlie Carr. No ofense taken.

JWPurdy
December 11th, 2008, 04:42 AM
The albanys have been very good to me. All of my stock came from personal friends of the late Mr. Johnnie Moore of Memphis, TN. They cross well with most anything, but the asil-albanies are in a class of their own.

http://www.sabongpress.com/asil-albany.jpg

3G'sGamefowl
December 11th, 2008, 05:29 AM
The albanys have been very good to me. All of my stock came from personal friends of the late Mr. Johnnie Moore of Memphis, TN. They cross well with most anything, but the asil-albanies are in a class of their own.

http://www.sabongpress.com/asil-albany.jpg

I know exactly what you mean. The Albany/Asil cross is one hell of a cross.

slipspur
December 11th, 2008, 07:13 AM
I have 3 families of Albany... the old time Solly O'Connell's, some Red Fox ( which I've been told are Roy Guyers ) & some Reb Williamson. The O'Connell's are superior cutter... the Red Fox's are power houses... the Rebs are high breaking speed demons with a ruff shuffle on the ground.

BIG F
December 11th, 2008, 07:56 AM
Nice Topic... More Infos About Albany Please...

blue_talon
December 11th, 2008, 08:13 AM
i read an article in gamecock with all the big time farms
carrying albany line. mr. michalski circled a few of them and told me
theirs came from him. i picked from his personal stocks before he sold out.
my avatar is a pure johnny moore old albany line.
i hope i'm starting on the right foot...:)

i have the BC now with 3/4 LRH 1/4 Rampuri Asil BH.
can't wait to see the offsprings...

http://www.friendster.com/photos/91051390/1/936523884#pic=9819811031334061988
(http://www.friendster.com/photos/91051390/1/936523884#pic=9819811031204266225)

ramiltan
December 11th, 2008, 11:12 AM
i also love albany....
what are the good crosses for albany?

slipspur
December 11th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Albany's can be crossed with about anything. Charlie Johnson crosses his with his Greys with exellent results. I've had good luck with Hatch & Kelso crossed on Albany... I see no reason why Sweater or Rh wouldn't work.

JT_Roc
December 11th, 2008, 02:08 PM
I'm also into Albanys and most of my lines are Albany oy Albany crossed. I cross my Albanys with Kelso or Clarets. Those are the crosses I did and they been doing very well for me. I'd also got white Albanys that I cross with my whites. The sad part is that my main brood pure Albany hen died during summer in the summer heat. So a very good friend of mine will let me borrow his pure Albany hen that cost him $3,000 for a trio. I need some new blood to add to my Albany line. Hope she's worth every penny. Those 3 are what I preffer Albany, Clarets, and Kelso. So those 3 are my main line. Other then my whites. This coming breeding season. I'll only breed those 4 bloodline crossed and pure.

Paul_007
December 11th, 2008, 02:36 PM
I'm an albany fan too.... here are some of our Albany Reb Williamson...

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/democrat_007/IMG_1829.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm233/democrat_007/IMG_1852.jpg

JT_Roc
December 11th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Very nice looking Albany Paul.

Which do you guys preffer? White leg Albany or Yellow leg Albany?

kingdotix
December 11th, 2008, 05:06 PM
nice inputs guys.... keep em coming..

here's my albany from a california breeder... cant wait to see and test his offsprings next year..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBv98JWixro

Paul_007
December 11th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Very nice looking Albany Paul.

Thanx bro.... I prefer both i crossing them both. We produced 18 and only one lost a fight. It's okay i guess....

Paul_007
December 11th, 2008, 09:35 PM

here's my albany from a california breeder... cant wait to see and test his offsprings next year..

Gaw king looks awsome! where did you get this albany from??

slipspur
December 11th, 2008, 11:54 PM

I was always of the opinion that an Albany should be yellow legged... I brother/sister mated a pair of my Reb Williamson's & got a few dirty white legs, mostly pullets. I also got a throw back from the bro/sis mating... she's a Grey!

kingdotix
December 12th, 2008, 01:44 AM
Gaw king looks awsome! where did you get this albany from??

gaw paul,
thanks. kumusta diha gawix. This albany came from foringo game farm in california, owned by a mexican guy. your albany looks deadly gawix. are they of the same bloodline as billy's albanies? are they in negros now?

jamesbulahaw
December 12th, 2008, 07:54 AM
Kingdotix, Awsome Albany , Perfect Body Conformation And Nice Station. It Reminds Me Of J. Michalskis Albany Way Back In 1989 When Iwas Fighting His Rooster Back Then. Im Pretty Sure That Albany Of Yours Originated From Jhonny Moore . Good Luck To Your Breeding And May Be I Can Buy 1 Stag From You To Infuse To My Orig J. Michalski Albany Hen Or If You Want I Can Loan To You My Albany Hens. I Still Have 4 Orig Hens .

kingdotix
December 12th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Kingdotix, Awsome Albany , Perfect Body Conformation And Nice Station. It Reminds Me Of J. Michalskis Albany Way Back In 1989 When Iwas Fighting His Rooster Back Then. Im Pretty Sure That Albany Of Yours Originated From Jhonny Moore . Good Luck To Your Breeding And May Be I Can Buy 1 Stag From You To Infuse To My Orig J. Michalski Albany Hen Or If You Want I Can Loan To You My Albany Hens. I Still Have 4 Orig Hens .

Thanks James. yes, he is a Johnny Moore albany. That's a very good proposition james. I dont have any pullet of this line. He is mated right now to our RHs and hatches. If you could loan me a hen we can produce straight albany materials. replied to your PM.

mojave heat
December 12th, 2008, 10:39 AM

hi king,i been to his farm a month ago and he mention about you,hows the albany going

mojave heat
December 12th, 2008, 10:51 AM
I was always of the opinion that an Albany should be yellow legged... I brother/sister mated a pair of my Reb Williamson's & got a few dirty white legs, mostly pullets. I also got a throw back from the bro/sis mating... she's a Grey!
Do you have pix of Reb Williamson Albany?tnx

kingdotix
December 12th, 2008, 10:57 AM
hi king,i been to his farm a month ago and he mention about you,hows the albany going

hi mojave,
he is an excellent sparrer. we almost fought him in a 6 cock derby but my brother prevailed upon me to breed him first. so he is now in the breeding pen with 8 sexy pullets.:) do you have James' phone number? pls PM to me. thanks.

marcs85gt
December 12th, 2008, 12:05 PM
:confused: Does anyone know Charlie johnsons contact info or how much for his albanies?

slipspur
December 12th, 2008, 01:37 PM
Do you have pix of Reb Williamson Albany?tnx

This is Red Fox...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j267/slipspur/Albany/DSC08441-1.jpg

This is O'Connell...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j267/slipspur/Albany/DSC07049-1.jpg

& these are Reb Williamson's...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j267/slipspur/Albany/DSC09250-2.jpg

mojave heat
December 13th, 2008, 10:55 AM
This is Red Fox...

This is O'Connell...

Good looking Albany!

linoj
December 13th, 2008, 03:52 PM
It is not advisable to ignore the albany blood to your fowl. But don't hesitate to cull when needed. Up to you to follow or not of my advice because that is your choice. Peace..

swtrhtch1925
December 13th, 2008, 09:02 PM
This is Red Fox...

This is O'Connell...

slip - are you still breeding the reb wil lines?
any pullets available?

TO BE

steel magnolia
December 14th, 2008, 06:21 AM
the o'connell's cross well on lacy roundheads also.

LYLES
December 14th, 2008, 06:34 AM
Does Anybody Know Who Has Some Good Johnny Moore Blood?

3G'sGamefowl
December 14th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Does Anybody Know Who Has Some Good Johnny Moore Blood?

that would be mr. doug mcdougal from southerland springs in texas. thats where i got mine from. they are really good albanys.

LYLES
December 14th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Thank You 3g'sgamefowl...... Do You Have His Number?

docjun
December 15th, 2008, 08:51 PM
A lot of people know Mr Vince Cuyugan as the person who introduced Mr Diaz to Marion Rose however did you know that he is more of an Albany person than a Hatch man! I got the oportunity to talk to him early this year. He told me that if he were to choose one bloodline in his farm then that would be his ALBANY. Unfortunately he sold most of his broodstock to a certain Chary Cristobal. I aproached Mr Cristobal back the but he was not selling. I would like to know Mr Cristobals contact maybe he will sell Mr Cuyugan Albany or Marrion blood.

OREVON
December 15th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Nice thread about the Albany's....

However, may I know what is the fighting style of these albany's? Are they good to fought pure or crossed?

jamesbulahaw
December 16th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Lyles, Tino Ferrer Of Qcba Has A Good J. Moore Albany Lines, After Winning Alot Last Season He Is Now Targetting At Least 100 To 120 Stag Of That Line. Check The Result In The Cab 5 Cock Derby Elimination Accdng To Him The First Fyt Is Pure Alabny And The Second Fyt Is Albany/kelso . By The Way Its Only 22 Mos.

LYLES
December 16th, 2008, 03:47 AM
Lyles, Tino Ferrer Of Qcba Has A Good J. Moore Albany Lines, After Winning Alot Last Season He Is Now Targetting At Least 100 To 120 Stag Of That Line. Check The Result In The Cab 5 Cock Derby Elimination Accdng To Him The First Fyt Is Pure Alabny And The Second Fyt Is Albany/kelso . By The Way Its Only 22 Mos.

IS HE LOCATED IN THE STATES OR PI

murdoc
December 16th, 2008, 04:22 AM
Just sharing my str8 reb williamson's albany broodcock

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w34/murdoc2007/fredandrose/PC100493.jpg

1/2albany 1/2 yellowlegged hatch
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w34/murdoc2007/fredandrose/PC100502.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w34/murdoc2007/fredandrose/PC100508.jpg

1/2 albany 1/2 leiper
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w34/murdoc2007/fredandrose/PC100497.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w34/murdoc2007/fredandrose/PC100505.jpg
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w34/murdoc2007/fredandrose/PC100507.jpg

totskito
December 16th, 2008, 11:49 AM

However, may I know what is the fighting style of these albany's? Are they good to fought pure or crossed?

Orevon..crossed would be better..excellent power cutters, mine fights in the ground a lot than in the air....very similar to hatch, but more deliberate....
just an opinion based on experience..

karabiti
December 16th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Orevon..crossed would be better..excellent power cutters, mine fights in the ground a lot than in the air....very similar to hatch, but more deliberate....

now i know!:D

totskito
December 16th, 2008, 11:57 AM

Straight Breed Albany

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/totskito/133_3395.jpg

totskito
December 16th, 2008, 12:00 PM
now i know!:D

bai Ritch how are you..:) ..ofcourse you knew a lot..:D your a stock of knowledge..:D ..walay entry TSC?

rgds..bai Totz

EXODIA
December 16th, 2008, 12:01 PM
GRP straight comb Albany stag 5 1/2 month
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj293/dodoysanjose/WB222SCOMB-1.jpg

GRP pea comb Albany stag 5 1/2 month
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj293/dodoysanjose/WB208PCOMB.jpg

karabiti
December 16th, 2008, 12:05 PM
bai Ritch how are you..:) ..ofcourse you knew a lot..:D your a stock of knowledge..:D ..walay entry TSC?

rgds..bai Totz

nope boss tots.
just fought last saturday in sogod leyte with poor results.:D
anyways, we noticed the boys of southern leyte upgraded their fowls.
last year it was an old pic fowl.
now, its all picture cocks with a 100 rounds of deep cutting wallop.:D

desertfire
December 16th, 2008, 12:08 PM
awesome albanys you got thanks for psoting pics Sirs

karabiti
December 16th, 2008, 12:13 PM
which one has the best albany?
j moore?
r williamson?
etc?

anyone?

totskito
December 16th, 2008, 12:19 PM
nope boss tots.
just fought last saturday in sogod leyte with poor results.:D
anyways, we noticed the boys of southern leyte upgraded their fowls.
last year it was an old pic fowl.
now, its all picture cocks with a 100 rounds of deep cutting wallop.:D

aww good lord..can't be to over confident now:D ..there are a lot of good roosters around..even at far-flung barrio,

I've experience this back in Sug..I'v seen a small chalet and got roosters in and saw an authentic BB sweater..quite funny cause I never thought that it would reach out in the remotest bondocs....:) ..
anyway there would always be next time brother ritchie:D..my group is figting today at TSC I hope we do well.

Srenotliw0416
December 16th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Hello cockmates! to those with albany all are lucky!:) nice cocks sir..up up for more.

sjaguar12
December 16th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Larry Romero has some tuff albanys!!
I have them straight and crossed and they are very powerful!!!!!!

OREVON
December 16th, 2008, 03:30 PM
Straight Breed Albany

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr199/totskito/133_3395.jpg

Thanks for the info bro. I guess you're right about albany's who has more power and deliberate punch on the ground more than the hatches because when I saw the albany of my friend fought in a derby, he gave a long shuffles in the ground.

That's why Im thinking to get one and cross with my roundheads.

linoj
December 16th, 2008, 08:35 PM
which one has the best albany?
j moore?
r williamson?
etc?

anyone?

All of them are good, it's you choice. Johny, Reb, Dada Guam, Nap Gamefarm or Totskito.

totskito
December 16th, 2008, 09:43 PM
All of them are good, it's you choice. Johny, Reb, Dada Guam, Nap Gamefarm or Totskito.

Linoj don't include me..:D :D..kumusta..cheers:)

linoj
December 16th, 2008, 11:15 PM
Linoj don't include me..:D :D..kumusta..cheers:)

Bai Totskito,

It's up to him, his choice will be respected and he will get lucky if will choose you, remember that a gift fowl is 90% very good :). I'll give you a call once reach in Singapore by next week.

bustamante
December 19th, 2008, 01:22 AM
My question is what crosses well with Albany. and do we have to keep in mind of having the birds leg colors the same. Any helpfull advice will be apreciated.

BullRider
December 19th, 2008, 01:57 AM
My question is what crosses well with Albany. and do we have to keep in mind of having the birds leg colors the same. Any helpfull advice will be apreciated.
i do well if i cross the albany to the sweater...they comes best at 1/4.

BullRider

totskito
December 20th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Bai Totskito,

It's up to him, his choice will be respected and he will get lucky if will choose you, remember that a gift fowl is 90% very good :). I'll give you a call once reach in Singapore by next week.

:D :D

leiper
January 3rd, 2009, 11:49 PM

Kingdotix,

Your albany is related to my albany. james is a friend of mine.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w43/tynola/100_0705.jpg

BarberCut
January 4th, 2009, 01:39 AM
Are albany's straight or pea comb? What is the typical feather color? light red? whine red? dark red?

Thanks.

Regards,
BarberCut

OREVON
January 4th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Are albany's straight or pea comb? What is the typical feather color? light red? whine red? dark red?

Thanks.

Regards,
BarberCut

Good question. To those who knew the answer kindly mention which type of Albany and what is the color? comb?

Thanks.

swtrhtch1925
January 4th, 2009, 01:58 AM

Thanks.

Regards,
BarberCut

i still recall Bill Mcnatt saying his Albany breeding -
in every 50, 1 comes pumpkin feature
in every 20, 1 comes straight comb
in every 100 , 1 comes pumpkin and straight comb

hope this helps my friend

swtrhtch1925
January 4th, 2009, 02:03 AM
Albany's can be crossed with about anything. Charlie Johnson crosses his with his Greys with exellent results. I've had good luck with Hatch & Kelso crossed on Albany... I see no reason why Sweater or Rh wouldn't work.

i agree slip
with the exception of radio.
the blend of radio albany did quite put a few L with us.
What gets me is radio being a kelso blood,
albany is good with kelso.

the joys of breeding.

i wanted to know if there is someone here who had the radio albany and succesful.

swtrhtch1925
January 4th, 2009, 02:07 AM

bro - i can tell you our experience.
The pure are a little relax, timid and cutters.
it can be fought pure but i dont think it can win clean.

you mostly get the good station out of this blood and the cutting accuracy.
hope this helps

blue_talon
January 4th, 2009, 02:16 AM
pure are too relax almost laid back..:)
i had one crossed with harold brown's grey
4th and last win he made it home but died the next day.
they don't let up once the opponent is down, they will finish the fight.

hope this helps

GG Crasher
January 4th, 2009, 02:30 AM
whatever it takes if somebody give it to me an albany gamefowls, i'm glad to reserve a place in my small backyard, then you call me an albany man.

god speed to everyone & all the best in year 2009.

OREVON
January 4th, 2009, 02:35 AM

hope this helps

thanks bro.

but i just have one question, as per the comment of slipspur, why it doesn't work when combined with sweater or roundhead? maybe he is right....
any reason behind?

or, maybe it will work when a product of a sweater-albany or roundhead-albany is crossed with another blood? a hatch?

i got a 2-way cross pullet (bbsweater-albany) from my kumpare, an island born from both imported stocks. the male siblings of this pullet as per my info did not perform well i say 40-60 win loss record. but when i cross this pullet with a blackwater YLH, that gave me a 100% win (6 out of 6 with 2 multi winner)

again, a friend gave me an albany-dan gray roundhead cross. asked him the performance of the male siblings and he said "just fine". when i crossed this with my blueface, still haven't tried the male offsprings on the pit since they are only 8 months but my handlers said that the stags of my neighbors whom they sparred has now got broken wings. sad to say i have only 3 of this.

blue_talon
January 4th, 2009, 02:43 AM
it will bring you over the top my friend, or closer. i know all these
top cockers winning big derbies in mexico they have these babies in their yard.:cool:
but they won't tell anyone.:) saw their names on the little black book..:D
hopefully this year i can test some crosses...
so i can be an albany man....

whatever it takes if somebody give it to me an albany gamefowls, i'm glad to reserve a place in my small backyard, then you call me an albany man.

god speed to everyone & all the best in year 2009.

swtrhtch1925
January 4th, 2009, 02:49 AM
i like the sweater albany cross.
it does throw the pumpkin color more and gives sweaters more height and good cutting
and the albany gets complimented with the speed and aggresiveness of sweaters.

tried it with hugh norman and jim clem rhead.
same style on both side but can win CLEAN.

GG Crasher
January 4th, 2009, 03:10 AM
it will bring you over the top my friend, or closer. i know all these
top cockers winning big derbies in mexico they have these babies in their yard.:cool:
but they won't tell anyone.:) saw their names on the little black book..:D
hopefully this year i can test some crosses...
so i can be an albany man....

wish you luck partner...

swtrhtch1925
January 4th, 2009, 03:27 AM
got a few PMs

here is the answer from the man himself:

My albanys came from AJ Houston also. I had been after them for 10 years and he would never turn any loose. I finally got some off of him in the early 90's and have kept them ever since. I get a light green leg every now and then and a straight comb about 1--100. Mine come dark red and pumpkin in color. Our best cross with them is with the JD Perry hatch that we have had for 45 years. The sc of mine comes pumkin in color while the pc comes both dark and pumkin.

PasaIII
January 4th, 2009, 04:26 AM
What about slick lizards albany does any one know about these.

kingdotix
January 4th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Kingdotix,

Your albany is related to my albany. james is a friend of mine.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w43/tynola/100_0705.jpg

lieper,
good looking albany you have there. say my regards to James. i've heard his albany crosses has been whipping joe sanford's expensive fowls...:) good luck on breeding and fighting your albany.

kingdotix
January 4th, 2009, 05:57 AM

Thanks.

Regards,
BarberCut

gaw barber,
i'm not an expert on albanies but i can share my little knowledge about the 2 albany families i have. first, we have the Johnny Jacobs albany which is a lemon hackled red, medium to medium low stationed, deep yellow legged and straight comb. they are mostly straight comb but once in a while a peacomb comes when inbred. this type of albany is bred for SK and gaff fighting. they are medium breakers but are very relentless offensive fighters that throw lots of feet. they are the typical go go kind of fighters that will kill their opponent over and over...:) . i was told by the breeder that for the LK you only need 1/4 infusion of this blood.

then we have the Johnny Moore albany. they are mostly peacomb, high stationed, wine red with white streamers on tail feathers, yellow legged and their fighting style is very suitable for LK. Johnny Moore used to be a feeder for Johnny Jacobs fowls. Moore created his own albany for LK out of the jacobs albany.

we tested an 8 month old 1/2 jacobs albany 1/2 lacy RH stag in a hackfight and was matched against a 3 yr old looking cock. the exchanges was 1:5 in favor of our stag in a fight that went on the drag. he won but died later. the 50/50 jacobs albany-lemon cross looks more promising. we'll be testing them soon as 1 yr olds.

hehe... napahaba ang kwento ko ah...:)

leiper
January 4th, 2009, 06:22 AM
lieper,
good looking albany you have there. say my regards to James. i've heard his albany crosses has been whipping joe sanford's expensive fowls...:) good luck on breeding and fighting your albany.

King,

Last november thanksgivings, he showed 5 of his birds won 4 and lost the swtr/whackle cross. His bird is one of the best in the central valley.

blue_talon
January 4th, 2009, 06:48 AM
i heard johnny moore infused grey blood from when him and harold brown
were partners.
according to an oldtimer friend of johnny...

gaw barber,
i'm not an expert on albanies but i can share my little knowledge about the 2 albany families i have. first, we have the Johnny Jacobs albany which is a lemon hackled red, medium to medium low stationed, deep yellow legged and straight comb. they are mostly straight comb but once in a while a peacomb comes when inbred. this type of albany is bred for SK and gaff fighting. they are medium breakers but are very relentless offensive fighters that throw lots of feet. they are the typical go go kind of fighters that will kill their opponent over and over...:) . i was told by the breeder that for the LK you only need 1/4 infusion of this blood.

then we have the Johnny Moore albany. they are mostly peacomb, high stationed, wine red with white streamers on tail feathers, yellow legged and their fighting style is very suitable for LK. Johnny Moore used to be a feeder for Johnny Jacobs fowls. Moore created his own albany for LK out of the jacobs albany.

we tested an 8 month old 1/2 jacobs albany 1/2 lacy RH stag in a hackfight and was matched against a 3 yr old looking cock. the exchanges was 1:5 in favor of our stag in a fight that went on the drag. he won but died later. the 50/50 jacobs albany-lemon cross looks more promising. we'll be testing them soon as 1 yr olds.

pangga gamefarm
January 12th, 2009, 11:22 AM
()()()

ALBANY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt3z7To8UYQ

BarberCut
January 12th, 2009, 12:16 PM
gaw barber,

Thanks for the info brod King. :)

Regards,
BarberCut

devonloch
January 12th, 2009, 03:42 PM
I learned a lot about this thread...
I love ALBANYs...

:D:D

linoj
January 13th, 2009, 04:38 AM
I hope there are more input of Albanies that are locally breed in PI also, since PI is focus on Lk competetion. Peace...No offense.

hatchman2
February 20th, 2009, 08:26 PM
in your opinion, who in the U.S. has the best albany bloodlines ?

Mike Everett
February 20th, 2009, 10:53 PM
in your opinion, who in the U.S. has the best albany bloodlines ?
I don't know if they are the best, but some very good ones I have seen are those pumpkin Albanies of Charlie Johnson.

vortex
February 20th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I don't know if they are the best, but some very good ones I have seen are those pumpkin Albanies of Charlie Johnson.

I agree with Mike that Charlie Johnson is very tough in the gaff when it comes to his Albanies. Another breeder that has very good Albanies are the Cantrells. I recently acquired some of the Cantrells' Albanies and already have some pure and Albany/Sweater crossed chicks on the ground. Can't wait to see how they perform.

Laguan
February 21st, 2009, 12:36 AM
I agree with Mike that Charlie Johnson is very tough in the gaff when it comes to his Albanies. Another breeder that has very good Albanies are the Cantrells. I recently acquired some of the Cantrells' Albanies and already have some pure and Albany/Sweater crossed chicks on the ground. Can't wait to see how they perform.

vortex, how about your johny moore?

OREVON
February 21st, 2009, 01:06 AM
Albany Dan Gray cross - won tonight against an aged good looking cock. odds is at 8-3. 2 waves and 1 stroke - the game is over and he won unscratched.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff65/OREVON/IMAG0032-1.jpg

vortex
February 21st, 2009, 01:30 AM
vortex, how about your johny moore?

Unfortunately I got wiped out by some 4-legged varmits and lost the original brood stock. I was gifted the Cantrell line from a good friend that acquired it direct.

pitcrawler
February 21st, 2009, 03:58 AM
I got the pumpkin charlie johnson albany trio and they were very calm and gentle. The body is very solid like a football. My daughter used to keep them as her pet and keep them inside her bedroom sometimes. Note, these albanies were not keep in pens but rather on their own free range in and outside our house. The other hen now got some chicks and even the other hen still laying eggs is very gentle to the chicks which is not belongs to her. FIS

Mike Everett
February 21st, 2009, 07:53 AM
I got the pumpkin charlie johnson albany trio and they were very calm and gentle. The body is very solid like a football. My daughter used to keep them as her pet and keep them inside her bedroom sometimes. Note, these albanies were not keep in pens but rather on their own free range in and outside our house. The other hen now got some chicks and even the other hen still laying eggs is very gentle to the chicks which is not belongs to her. FIS

LoL ...I don't know if my wife would go for that...But you're sure right about them being gentle..You can walk up and pick the hens up like gentle cocks..I don't have any, but I wouldn't mind it... lol

RockwellGF
February 21st, 2009, 09:12 AM
Charlie has some good ones they really cut! But I like the moore albanys charlie's dont come real tall and streamline looking like i prefer my chickens to look.

Tweety-Doo
February 21st, 2009, 10:38 PM
What about the Albany's of Larry Romero? They're pretty good too.....I heard from a friend in PI, they are also known for a lot of Power and gameness......

kogmohon
February 21st, 2009, 11:08 PM
LoL ...I don't know if my wife would go for that...But you're sure right about them being gentle..You can walk up and pick the hens up like gentle cocks..I don't have any, but I wouldn't mind it... lol

mine is the most gentle of all cocks...he always stand up when introduced to hens and chic's

kogmohon
February 21st, 2009, 11:10 PM
...but now that he's old...he just bend or vow his head....

kogmohon
February 21st, 2009, 11:12 PM
..................or kneel

blue_talon
February 21st, 2009, 11:24 PM
very gentle indeed..

my pure johnny moore albany
http://bluetalon.multiply.com/photos/album/3/Gamefowls#1

whiteleggedred
February 21st, 2009, 11:38 PM
mine is the most gentle of all cocks...he always stand up when introduced to hens and chic's

Hahahaha good one......i just knew you were gonna come up with something like this

jamesbulahaw
February 22nd, 2009, 12:05 AM
Kogs , That Was Nice Pm Me I'll Send You Some Viagra Or Cialis !!!!1

kogmohon
February 22nd, 2009, 03:21 AM
thank you james...maski pang ihi na lang...

blue_talon
February 22nd, 2009, 05:47 AM
LOL!!!!

thank you james...maski pang ihi na lang...

pitcrawler
February 22nd, 2009, 06:34 AM
Kogs, Eat plenty of KALAMAY, guarenteed it never kneels...

jefferson
February 22nd, 2009, 08:30 PM
pls post a picture of your albany. I have a js albany and would like to know how ur albany looks like. thanks

stonecold
February 22nd, 2009, 09:06 PM
very gentle indeed..

my pure johnny moore albany
http://bluetalon.multiply.com/photos/album/3/Gamefowls#1

Nice Albany Sir Blue

Tweety-Doo
February 22nd, 2009, 10:30 PM
keep it up....up....up... posting!

LongKnife
February 23rd, 2009, 01:42 AM
i like the glenn justice albanies...hit like freight trains and awesome body punchers...

blue_talon
February 23rd, 2009, 02:01 AM
thanks stonecold!

Nice Albany Sir Blue

swtrhtch1925
February 23rd, 2009, 02:56 AM
I am just giving credit when credit is due.
To one of the best albany breeders - Bill and Kyle Mcnatt of Cherokee GF

All products of their Albany Breeding - Bigfoot Jr Broodcock.

Claret Albany - not yet tested
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/homer2y/baryadap/claret_albany.jpg

Perry Albany - good %
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/homer2y/baryadap/perryalbany.jpg

Sweater Albany - good %
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/homer2y/baryadap/sweateralbany.jpg

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/homer2y/baryadap/farm11.jpg

Frost Albany - showed 2 full bros, 2x
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i24/homer2y/battlecocks/z9bHVYAlbanyGrey.jpg

lexlavin32
February 23rd, 2009, 05:17 PM

...but now that he's old...he just bend or vow his head....

..................or kneel

:D :D :D :D :D

ana jud na noy ug matigulang na... laki lakihi na lang...
pwede sab gamitan ug SPIKE ug mag kinahanglan...

A1GFarms
February 23rd, 2009, 05:35 PM
any pics of dinks albanies........im trying to breed some next.........whats a good x also......

blue_talon
February 23rd, 2009, 07:19 PM
you're right most of these old breeders are up there
in age already. my trio came from a good friend of
johnny John Michalski one of his last personal stocks.
he's 94 yo now noone in line to pass it on to.
we're best to take care of this line and keep it
pure and hopefully keep the bloodline alive..
http://bluetalon.multiply.com/photos/album/3/Gamefowls#8

Jon moore
mac white has his bloodline now since he passed away so they might not be as good as they used to be.

Noel838
February 24th, 2009, 08:03 AM
you're right most of these old breeders are up there
in age already. my trio came from a good friend of
johnny John Michalski one of his last personal stocks.
he's 94 yo now noone in line to pass it on to.
we're best to take care of this line and keep it
pure and hopefully keep the bloodline alive..
http://bluetalon.multiply.com/photos/album/3/Gamefowls#8

Nice Blue_T, any available straight albany pullets or chics?
BR,

antong
February 24th, 2009, 08:09 AM
johnny moore albany was a good bloodline but its hard to find nowadays....

blue_talon
February 24th, 2009, 08:24 AM
bro crossed them this season
maybe by nov. we will produce
pure chicks from both hens.
so far we have crosses x mcrea,LRH,musashi
lemon84.

regards,

Nice Blue_T, any available straight albany pullets or chics?
BR,

rodrigoski2002
February 24th, 2009, 08:38 AM
i have a choco albany hen from glenn justiss.crossed it with j.horta cowan.hope to test the crosses pretty soon.

Noel838
February 24th, 2009, 09:23 AM
bro crossed them this season
maybe by nov. we will produce
pure chicks from both hens.
so far we have crosses x mcrea,LRH,musashi
lemon84.

regards,

ah ok, hope you can produce more straight breed so you can spare me a pair or a pullet at least hehehe, swap na lang tau if ok.

br

blue_talon
February 24th, 2009, 09:29 AM
why not even a cockerel. hehe
not recomended to fyt pure anyway..
just for crossing..;)

ah ok, hope you can produce more straight breed so you can spare me a pair or a pullet at least hehehe, swap na lang tau if ok.

br

Noel838
February 24th, 2009, 10:12 AM
why not even a cockerel. hehe
not recomended to fyt pure anyway..
just for crossing..;)

yes its true, a very good blood line to cross with others including black. thanks in advance and goodluck sa breeding. BTW, The one Ive told you though paired with one of my bc at the moment is now ready and can be picked up anytime.

BR

mel mendoza
February 24th, 2009, 01:19 PM
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj107/melmendoza2008/P1010122.jpg

this is the albany of charlie johnson brother...jimmy johnson

blue_talon
March 5th, 2009, 06:53 PM
ok i'll make the arrangement. thx

yes its true, a very good blood line to cross with others including black. thanks in advance and goodluck sa breeding. BTW, The one Ive told you though paired with one of my bc at the moment is now ready and can be picked up anytime.

BR

MugMan
May 17th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Pangga,is That Cock Pure Albany Or Is It Crossed....it Has Some Excellet Station On It

competitor
May 17th, 2009, 02:29 AM
here is a product of sir leiper's J.Moore albany BC....too young to be tested though...thanks kuya lodi...

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j312/competitor/DSC09111.jpg

junebug32
May 17th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Albany's can be crossed with about anything. Charlie Johnson crosses his with his Greys with exellent results. I've had good luck with Hatch & Kelso crossed on Albany... I see no reason why Sweater or Rh wouldn't work.Your right Slip.Charlie crosses them with greys and has great results.I showed a few that were brought from Charlie and they became multiple winners.Now the pure Albanies from Charlie Wow..Its like money in the pockett.The best Albanies i have seen.

junebug32
May 17th, 2009, 03:04 AM
:confused: Does anyone know Charlie johnsons contact info or how much for his albanies?I used to have his number.Lost my Phone and had it in there.I will try to get it for you.The best Albanies I have seen.Charlie showed great with them.:D :D

slipspur
May 17th, 2009, 09:17 AM
If someone is wanting some Albanys, Bill McNatt has some that do awesome in the P.I., he's honest & sells his birds way too cheap ( I've told him that too :D ). Here is an Albany cock that I got from Bill... ( look at the length of wing on him! )...

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j267/slipspur/Albany/DSC00531.jpg

slipspur
May 17th, 2009, 09:24 AM
This feller right here has some very beautiful albanys thats for sure
Good Luck With them Slip
YFIS Razor

Thanks Razor!

junebug32
May 17th, 2009, 09:25 AM
If someone is wanting some Albanys, Bill McNatt has some that do awesome in the P.I., he's honest & sells his birds way too cheap ( I've told him that too :D ). Here is an Albany cock that I got from Bill... ( look at the length of wing on him! )...

:D :D Beautifull.To me that is what a Albany looks like.But all Albanies are great looking.How are they on the sk.

slipspur
May 17th, 2009, 09:29 AM
I'd imagine that would all depend on how you cross them, but I'd bet they'd do well. Thats a beautiful Grey in your Avatar BTW!

junebug32
May 17th, 2009, 09:37 AM
I'd imagine that would all depend on how you cross them, but I'd bet they'd do well. Thats a beautiful Grey in your Avatar BTW!Thanks for the comment on the grey.We brought these toppy greys last year from Utah.All of them were awesome.I really never liked toppies until I seen these in action.The one in my avatar was my BC but was taken from theives.I have some great stags and pulletts.
Here is the hen.

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd69/junebug32_2007/037-1.jpg?t=1242524106

Here is the dad

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd69/junebug32_2007/035-1.jpg?t=1242524192

and here are some pulletts

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd69/junebug32_2007/junior008.jpg?t=1242524236.

I crossed some this year with Charlies Albanies.

swtrhtch1925
May 18th, 2009, 02:31 AM

sir slip - 100/100
very good albany:)
happy breeding