PDA

View Full Version : Grey Fowl

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

jlbs72
September 9th, 2000, 04:15 AM
Guys, can you tell me whats the best grey you'll know. Thanks and God Bless !

Roadman167
September 9th, 2000, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by jlbs72:
Guys, can you tell me whats the best grey you'll know. Thanks and God Bless !

It has been quite a while that I have seen some very good Greys. Juancho Aguirre is the only breeder that I know that has been producing very awesome Greys. Danding Cojuangco at one time became famous for his Bumblefoot Greys.

emoy
September 10th, 2000, 01:49 PM
i've seen boy jiao's greys fight at the araneta. very consistent. i understand it's a blend of three (or four) different grye families. vertical flyers, quick follow-up upon landing, and aggressively good in cutting. i've also been fascinated with the greys of blandy tolentino. very consistently off beat fighting style. wins over the highly llamado roosters. understand they're from the oscar akins grey lines from tony tan. well, also the juancho aguirre greys. what can i say. they're good!

el umbre
September 16th, 2000, 11:44 PM
pare! ,try boy jiao's yellow or white legs,from bacolod try boy ledesma,juancho aguirre,mamie lacson, felix and tony trebol,otic geroso,vic vallente,from cebu lope dorado's dirty greys and richard bates

albert m. alberto
September 19th, 2000, 04:15 PM
Wooow! way to go El Humbre, you named all the big time.
yis
albert

edwin
September 19th, 2000, 05:41 PM
jlbs72,
Try Boy Jiao greys,i think they are crosses
of Ed Flynt,Bachoy Alunan and Oscar Akins
greys.And also he got good results on the
bigtime derbies in Manila.

ALBERT,
THANK YOU FOR THE REFERRAL.SAKA NA LANG ANG
PULLET NA REGALO MO(CULL IYON HA-HA-HA).
TAMBAK1THL

el umbre
September 19th, 2000, 11:16 PM
pareng albert! puwedeng ba kitang tawagin pare albert !,kilala ko ang ilan sa kanila,pero hindi na ako umaasa na makabili sa kanila kasi miyembro na circuit ,reserve na ang class a nila,saka mga pangbreeding nila kung bibila ka ibibigay lang nila ang mga crosses nila,hindi sila pumapatol na mga smalltime,kaya naghahanap ako na mga breeder na honest saka affordable naman ang presyo

Roadman167
September 20th, 2000, 12:01 AM
If you want to have good breeding stocks from an honest reputable breeder, contact Francis Afable. I can recommend his Heinie Mathesius Hatch for the foundation of your power line. These came direct from Sandy Hatch. Very few people in the world have this line. Blends very well with Lemon 84. Good luck.

loko201
February 6th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Im interested in adding a new stock in my yard. and im facinated with the GREYS

what are the different types of greys?

I only know a couple of greys, the dan grey, frost grey, chocolate grey etc... what are the other types of GREYS and what are their characteristics. which among the greys is the best?

thanks in advance!!

shanebo
February 6th, 2003, 04:23 PM
I think the Hulsey Grey is probably the best Grey there is.
Just my thoughts, there is alot of good Grey blood out there in the cocking world. I just like the Hulsey fighting style, smart and good cutters, they pick there punches. Also depends on the Breeder.

Shanebo

Boy London
February 6th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Most of the grey i Know are all good fighter, Its only your self can tell which one is the best for you.:) :) :)

TonyDel
February 6th, 2003, 05:17 PM
Sometime last year, Emoy G posted the list of Grey families of Mr. Peter Uy and was told that he breeds these Grey families in their pure form.

Gallos Locos
February 6th, 2003, 08:24 PM
<--------- Hatch Greys :D

Boy London
February 7th, 2003, 12:06 AM
Ayon kay GL hatch grey. Aba? parang meron akong hatch grey At ito ay galing kay GL.Nabili ko pero mga sisiw palang ito.If anybody needs hatch grey ask GL,At matutulungan kayo niya.;) ;) ;)

jlbs72
February 7th, 2003, 06:29 AM
Boy london,

High Station ba ? yung nasa akin, high station na pullet, hehehe...

Ad Infinitum
February 7th, 2003, 10:43 AM
bumblefoot grey (by the late curtis blackwell) are good. madigin greys are good. joe goode greys are not fancy fighters but intelligent cutters. this is all i have tried.

there are many strains of grey. the problem for me is that as of the past years, i have been luckier with reds and even whites, but not that much with greys. i still don't know why, especially since i was very lucky with greys when i first started in this sport a long time ago.

Clipgrey
February 7th, 2003, 11:03 AM
Guys,

How about the Regular Greys, the straight comb-green legged kind, who do you think got the better one if not the best here in US...

Clip:D

Kip
February 7th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Guys,

I need some inputs about Ibelle greys, much have been said about these greys esp in this website, can u give me some infos about these greys like their fighting styles and their base blood.
Thanks.....

TNCockfighter69
February 7th, 2003, 12:12 PM
There is a such thing as a Jimmy East grey raised in the u.s.........................if iam wrong then someone please imform me iam here to learn more about game fowl....iam new hi everyone

Randy
February 7th, 2003, 12:49 PM
I have an 8 year old Jimmy East grey,this type of grey are fast , aggresive & game. Some greys won't pick during careo time.
fis
twinbrother

Sebastian
February 7th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Thanks for this thread guys.

I have always beend fascinated with greys. If it is not much to ask, can you please post here some breeders(and probably cellphone numbers) who breed 'em.

We are planning to get bullstag or broodhen.

Thanks again.

Boy London
February 7th, 2003, 02:06 PM
jlbs72,Pre at the moment low station pa dahil 1 month old, Dont worry i wil tell you when they grow up he he he :lol: :lol: :lol:

loko201
February 7th, 2003, 03:00 PM
thanks for all your inputs guys!

im interested with the frost grey, chocolate grey and the dan grey. can anyone tell me what their characteristic are?

TonyDel
February 7th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Peter Uy Grey families

Bubba Rollins Pretty Boy Greys
Billy Ruble Regular Greys
William T. Greene Regular Greys
Ray Hoskins Frost Greys
Eddie Grano Madigin Greys

jlbs72
February 7th, 2003, 04:36 PM
loko201,

frost grey, chocolate grey are types of grey color. dan gray is a breeder.

I'm also a grey lover, Here are some well known breeders of greys in PI :

Tony Trebol, Boy Jiao, Otic Geroso, Juancho Aguirre, Mamie Lacson, Lope Dorado, batchoy Alunan and JLBS (joke lang) hehehe...

Then in US, try Oscar Akins, Rochelle Brown(RedFox), Rudy Ibele, Mr. Bennett, Bobby Fairchild, Larry Romero.

Hope it Helps.

God Bless.

La Concordia
February 7th, 2003, 05:46 PM
How about Polecat Grey? What is the fighting style and who propagated it?

loko201
February 8th, 2003, 04:47 PM
JLBS

I alredy have a Mclean Blueface hatch broodcock from Mamie Lacson. What type of greys do you have in your farm and where is your farm located? Thanks!

Torpas
February 8th, 2003, 05:07 PM
JLBS,
What about the Dirty Greys that were famous in Iloilo in the '70.
Are they type of breed or just a color to differentiate them frrom other greys?

tonio
February 8th, 2003, 06:26 PM
For me the Manziel Frost greys are the best

GoldenDragon
February 9th, 2003, 03:00 PM
jlbs, I know of one breeder of greys you forgot to mention, but I won't tell , if you won"t. how are you na ???

shaaaaaaaaaaaakira !!!!

jlbs72
February 10th, 2003, 07:49 AM
loko201,

Mine is Golden Dragon' Grey and Gallos Locos Greys. Kindly ask these people if you want to know the genetic make-up of their own greys, hehehe...

God Bless.

jlbs72
February 10th, 2003, 07:57 AM
torpas,

Dirty Greys are just color type. Some famous breeders of dirty greys are lope dorado, danilo hinlo and otic geroso. I just don't know if the genetic make-up of their greys are the same.

if you want to produce a dirty grey fowl, try crossing a black fowl to a grey fowl.

God Bless.

Draven51501
February 10th, 2003, 09:00 AM
how about Red Richardson Greys.

astro
February 10th, 2003, 04:11 PM
Hello.,

The best Greys at present is being breed and fought by Sam and Michael Ramsey. Anyone knows who these Guys in Tate are?

Astro

jlbs72
February 10th, 2003, 04:20 PM
Astro,

I think they are using either ibele grey or bennett grey.

tsampoy
February 10th, 2003, 11:08 PM
grey battlecocks of ray alexander,compose of 90 % best red blood he has with a little touch of grey blood,grey feathers with red engine power.coach grey are also mixed of red and grey blood like the famous roundhead/grey of black hatch farm.black hatch farm use speed over power theory of breeding to produce those grey winning warriors.he uses roundhead broodcock over grey hens.another example of greys are the ibelle grey,shorty`s grey,richardson grey and famous w.t. green grey.seems to be that when a grey has reddish saddle and shoulder feathers indicates a mixed or crossed of red feathered fowl.if anybody out there ever have an experience of breeding a mulitple stroke cutting red cock over a single stroke power hitting grey hen family please share in this board.i`ve had success on this crossed and glad to know if anybody ever tried it.

dehadista
February 11th, 2003, 06:26 AM
hi...i heard someone asking for a polecat grey.... i had this grey once, it came from someone who also post here...Miguelito. its dirty grey in color (hirao) low station, pea combed, excellent cutter. it won once in Pasay without a scratch. then i retired it to the brood pens.

Highnoon
February 11th, 2003, 02:49 PM
jlbs72 is right... Grey is nothing more than a color type. A lot of grey chickens (males only) are actually hybrid greys that carry a hidden recessive gene that produces the red color type. If you breed one of these hybrid grey males to a grey female you will get about 50% red pullets. If you breed a hybrid grey male to a red female you will get about 50% red stags as well as 50% red pullets.
I don't pay much attention to breed names, but as breeders go, Rudy Ibele has been breeding good chickens for a lot of years. That is why he is still in business and still selling chickens under his own name.

GoldenDragon
February 11th, 2003, 06:18 PM
we mated a red and black fowl... grey came out (hirao) why is that?

cheers and mabuhay !!!

MIGUELITO
February 11th, 2003, 11:43 PM
Im been breeding Ibele greys for years. They are slow hard hitting perfect cutter grey, but if you cross them to a quality red stock like sweater or kelso they can win you some fight in long knife. Rudy's greys are pure gaff birds. They are the old Hulsey and Madigin Grey. Medium station, silver grey straight comb with white or yellow legs,very game to the core. I hope this will helpa little about the Ibele greys.

SALVAJE
February 12th, 2003, 02:03 AM
I would like to clarify some things about the Chocolate Greys. Although this is a type of grey color, it is also a breed of greys. The chocolates were developed by the late Harry Parr, also of the Hatch fame, and a good friend of The late Ted McClean also os the hatch fame. I was told that Harry got these greys from Hugh Norman, and when he first got them, they would come all different shades and color legs. After some years of breeding them as a family and probably infusing some other line to them (hatch I think, though not sure), they now come uniform, silver greys with green legs. They have a lot of wallop and are game to the core. The grey line that Ray Alexander sells are the Harry Parr Chocolates that he got, I believe Thru Joe Z. Patrick Puno got these greys from Ray and used to breed them. I do not think they did very well for him, because I do not see him advertise them. These greys have a decent fighting style, but they are not so mobile. Their main asset is their awesome power and gameness. I would say one should cross the to fast and good cutting fowls. I got mine from a good friend who got them mfrom Harry. I hope this helps.

Salvaje

Rover
February 12th, 2003, 05:59 AM
Salvaje, thank you for that clarification on the origin of the "chocolate grey".
I am also one of the fanatics of a grey color. Infact, that was the very first color of gamecock i remember my father had when i first get attracted to "sabong". Unfortunately, that was also the last color of gamecocks my father left to us.( vintage greys called by some as "perfection greys" crossed to "red fox greys")
Good luck on your "chocolate greys".

Kip
February 12th, 2003, 11:26 AM
Ibele Greys

Thanks Mike for the inputs, now i have a clearer view about these greys....

musta ka na pre, hows ur farm in Zambales?

astro
October 13th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Hello to All,

The winner of the Battle of the Giants ( Mother of All Derbies) last April 1-10, 2003 used an array of Grey cocks scoring 19wins, 1draw and 1loss. Very impressive showing of Grey Cocks.

Anyone from our Friends in this sport knows or have an idea what type of Greys the Champion used in the derby in the Battle of the Giants?

Some say it is a Ray Hoskin Grey....Lemon Grey... which one?

Thanks.

Astro

swallow
October 13th, 2003, 12:15 PM
I believe they are Red Fox Greys...

I have seen a lot of good grey blood here in the Phils, those of Trebol, Boy Jiao, Juancho Aguirre, Otic Geroso, and the old dirty grey line of Batchoy Alunan. But recently a new crop of grey blood have made an impression on me, those of Jesry Palmares from Bobby Fairchild, the greys of Paul Sparks used by some of the local cockers/breeders to name a few, Gregg Ayroso, Doyo Pozon, Engr Abella of Strike Eagle... incidentally, i heard that the greys of B.Fairchild and Paul Sparks came from a common source...

Just my thoughts...

tsampoy
October 13th, 2003, 03:54 PM
did sparks get bumblefoot greys long time ago from paul webster.how true is it?never heard anymore of the once famous slavin battlecross greys,any news about him and his greys?what about those magnificent trebol greys?

Maning
October 14th, 2003, 05:25 AM
Astro,

The best grey i've seen in the battle of the giants, the one day 7-cock derby in Mandaluyong with a pot money of 500,000pesos was the grey cock of the Golden Circle entry. The fowls used were from DVH and most of the colors used were dark, or somewhat black looking, except one. Their grey was matched against the Aguilahas entry of Ashley Arayata. The grey was a peacomb, dirty colored, greenlegged and untrimmed ( comb, wattles & earlobes). He was such an exceptional fighter that he demolished the other cock in a very short time, his feet was like a gatling gun with vicious power, he breaks with timing and smartness you can hardly find in an ordinary rooster. A truly dream rooster of every breeder/ cocker. According to a very reliable source, he is an old Batchoy grey, a line that's is still widely perpetuated by some oldtime breeders in Negros Occidental. I was really impressed with him that i didn't stop, until i got him together with his two sexy looking grey mates. Now he will be the dad of most of my future grey fighters, i just hope that his son's will be like him someday;)

maning

swallow
October 14th, 2003, 12:26 PM
somebody told me the source of the Sparks and Fairchild greys but just recall, though i am sure its not from Paul Webster. With regards to Slavin greys, i have heard and read about them from some of the guys who post here but I have not really heard of them and their performance in the pits here in the PI. I don't know if its me not being in the pits too much or them not fighting too much. Trebol greys, they are still competitive and are still winning in the pits.

breed
October 14th, 2003, 01:03 PM
The ecj grey were also in the winning trend right now. These chickens were bred in a 3 way cross as i've heard from one of the sultada episode.

You can also count on the hatch grey of Mr. juancho Aguirre. They still win even they come from behind.

I also would like to commend the grey of BMJ from malabon (Boy Gamilla), he was able to breed dirty grey coming from a cross between the jungle fowl of middleton and his old batchoy grey. They fight terribly awesome!

spangle
October 14th, 2003, 11:05 PM
The grey pens of Bobby Fairchild came from Paul Sparks which Paul got from Johnny Bennett. On the latter part of propagating the grey blood, Bobby got another pen straight from Johnny's. No way Paul Webster was involved with these grey pens.

I bred my Bennett cock to some Aguirre greys with great success, winning at ease when fought as bullstags. ECJ's greys that won the Battle of the Giants were tough, tougher than a Tennesse mule were those greys came from.....from 'ol Bates buddies in mid-southern TN.

Another family of grey is also making it's presence felt, that of KGB of Francis Lumunsad likewise the greys Nene Abello fought before.

But as the old man says, go for the tested ones like the Hulsey greys and the Circle L greys of the late Mammie Lacson.

Spang:)

astro
October 15th, 2003, 10:31 AM
Thanks Guys ( swallow, Maning, spangle, breed, tsampoy) to your enlightening thread about the Greys that won in the Battle of the Giants. The Greys that were used by the Winner were white and/or yellow legs. It appears that it is a crosses of white and a yellow legs Greys or Grey with black legs broodcock mated to white or yellow legs hens.

Let us have our own experiment in breeding to develop a similar Greys that can compete with the Big Boys.

Maning and spangle tips are very nice to consider.

Astro

Pinolim
October 15th, 2003, 11:55 AM
Soon................

swallow
October 15th, 2003, 02:21 PM
I forgot to mention that Pinolim have some great looking greys in the Gallery...

Spangle is correct. now I recall they got it from Bennett, its basically Madigin Greys according to some and others say they are Goode over Rh blood. But i know that the greys of PS and BF when bred will give you offsprings of red and grey color, which means they are not solid grey blood but a combination.

The greys of BMJ are most likely trebol greys as I know Boy and Ruel Ricafort are buddies. and the Ricafort's greys trace its origin from Trebol...

Gallos Locos
October 16th, 2003, 04:07 AM
You just gotta love 'em Greys. Picture cocks that can actually fight. :D

astro
October 16th, 2003, 10:35 AM
soon........ Pre Pinolim and JC. Let's test them in the big League...

Any one heard or knew about Ibelle Greys?

PS and BF Greys are white legs cocks and BF Greys won a lot of Derbies in Mid-America on LK. If am not mistaken BF Greys are now in the yard of JP Farm and other Heavy weights in PI.

However, BF cocks were fielded in WSD on several ocassions with no luck....?

What can you say about it swallow?

Astro

jlbs72
October 16th, 2003, 12:42 PM
If ur looking for an ibele grey, talk to migueliot. vipers partner. He got some good looking ibele greys.

Pinolim
October 16th, 2003, 12:53 PM
Sundowner has those Ibele greys in his prime sabong time.

swallow
October 16th, 2003, 01:34 PM
Astro,

This my opinion about winning... Though i don't count out good breeding and rearing and quality bloodline and all the other things we do to get an edge over our opponent, winning is always an essence of luck. How many times have you seen a totally out-cocked bird suddenly won while almost fading out... that is luck. A big factor that affects the win-loss record of a bird is having to travel to a different environment to fight, whether 1mo or 6 mos to a yr, there are birds that simply can't adjust to their original performance, but once bred and the offsprings are grown in the local soil, they perform well. Another thing is familiarity with the line you are fighting. BF did well with his greys with him handling them but over here they were conditioned by another person with a different system, that might also affect the performance of the birds.
The important thing with a bird whether they win or lose is that they perform well and cut well.

Winning always requires an essence of luck in my opinion.

LAFrms1
October 16th, 2003, 10:26 PM
The best kind of Grey fowl that i have seen they are cross bred.
They have a 1/4 Hodgekins 1/4 Chocolate 1/2 Gilmore.

They keep it real. Come out hard and stay in till the end.

I have a question about a comment i heard

Has anybody heard that Grey chickens fight good on full moons
Well we were fighting a derby and it happened to be on a full moon and all of our greys won except this little red bird of my friends so of coarse we didnt win but i think that if there was another grey in that show we probably could of took home the money.

Maning
October 16th, 2003, 11:00 PM
I don't think that the moon cycle had any connection about the lone red gamefowl you fought. It all depends on the fowl, conditioning, pointing, handling, heeling, gaff/knife, maybe luck, i mean from broodstock to the pit and your opponent, it all matters. But basing on the moon is just purely hallucination. Man had been on the moon since 1969, why should we consider it one of the reason, huh?:D

maning

LAFrms1
October 18th, 2003, 02:52 AM
I was just wondering if anybody has heard about it.
I dont believe it but that was pretty wierd.
thanks though:wink2:

astro
October 18th, 2003, 09:55 AM
Am acquiring a Red Fox Grey from a known Cocker and plan to cross it with Bennet Grey, Gilmore and Sweater. Let us see what would be the result after a year and hope to hit the jackpot thereon.... a wishful thinking... anything wrong?

How about Law Grey? Pre Pinolim is that your Greys?

Astro

Pinolim
October 18th, 2003, 10:34 AM
Yes sir, they are Law Greys I got from a very reputable breeder, I saw the 3 siblings win in the Candelaria including the champioship that's why I really dickered very hard to get them. I bred them straight cuzz they're already tested and the stags that were tested against cocks in 3 cocks derby were true to form. Both stags killed their downed opponent on the ground by hitting them on the heads, the knife went thru and thru.

astro
October 22nd, 2003, 05:13 PM
Pre Pinolim, I'm impressed with your Law Greys, will you sell me some of your Greys when I visit Iloilo/Candelaria Derdy next year?
I will try them in Manila hacks/derby and for cross breeding as well.

Thanks.

Astro

Pinolim
October 24th, 2003, 09:00 AM
Pre Astro, thanks for the compliment. I'll PM you the rerply to your query. Be sure to bring your camera when you visit Iloilo City and Roxas City, there's a plenty of pretty faces to focus on.
Regrds Pre.

dcdude
October 24th, 2003, 09:20 AM
so let me get this straight all you dudes are sending each other pictures of their cocks?

ktrix
October 24th, 2003, 04:49 PM
Pre Astro,

The one pullet grey you bought from me from Sammy Ramsey from Nebo,NC who won back to back in Sunset and DO-OK
That breed originally from Bob Bennett of Tn. it's grey and green legged peacomb mclean influence because it's a cross i bought direct $200 each two roosters one speckled grey and one regular grey and i have Law gray from Wayne Brown he acquired from Sam Yurk very powerful gray but for Sammy/Michael Ramsey they called Regular grey. I never tested yet very promising though let's see.. VIVA UBBA!!!

onieaces
October 24th, 2003, 07:44 PM
guys

remember those grey who won the 12 cocks derby at bayou bama entry of deecox family if u have seen trhat its ok
thats the best grey from dee cox bama farm just acruired the trio last years now in pi sebling will be tested next years for the stag berby ang cocks derby small time lang muna mga pare

onie

ktrix
October 25th, 2003, 01:32 AM
I Have also from former mayor Juancho G. Aguirre Hulsey/grey
he's blue legged grey and peacomb high station and good body
conformation.;)

astro
October 26th, 2003, 12:56 PM
Pre Ktrix,

The Sam Ramsey pullet you gave to me is now broody, I pair the pullet to a Gilmore Hatch. Hope the cross will be a hit. Thanks.

Astro

Maning
October 26th, 2003, 10:14 PM
One of the unheard greys in the Philippines is the bumblefoot greys, which was originated by the late Curtis Blackwell of Alabama. These greys, though, are not popular in the Philippines but is still one of the favorite, of the grey fanatics here, especially in the southeastern states. I saw this grey fight in the gaff and long knife and they are just game and can fight just as like other famous greys in land. I am just one of the lucky person to have them..

Roadman
October 26th, 2003, 10:58 PM
Boss Maning,

Boss Danding has been breeding the bumblefoot greys with great success for a long time. At one point in time during the early 90's, it disappeared because of inbreeding. But now they are coming back winning big derbies nationwide. He infused some fresh blood from Carol Nesmith that I know, plus Richard Bates is now in charge of his farm.

R

swallow
October 27th, 2003, 03:58 PM
What grey did the former ambassador used when he almost blew out the UCAP circuit during 1999 in Mandaluyong Coliseum? He was almost champion in every leg of the circuit.

astro
October 27th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Yes, Sir Roadman that might be the answer of my querry. Bumble foot grey is the base line. That is why the entry name is " Bumble Bee Balbina " . So Pre Maning you have it... Make headlines in the future..

Astro

gabriel23
December 9th, 2003, 07:30 AM
for me and lot of people the best pure and crossed "red fox" silver grey

Guampinoy
December 9th, 2003, 08:27 AM
I have a Pure Law Grey and he is a 6 time winner in longknife. I have this grey blood for 4 years. Now im trying some new grey blood like the Shorty Bullok Greys and Speeder Greys. So far so good during the spar. I just have to wait and see how they do in the pit. :rbounce:

ariel.aquino
December 9th, 2003, 09:38 AM
i love the Harolbrown hatch greys,,from sir Gallos Locos...
I love the color of silver greys or chocolate greys..

i love the frost greys too hope to have one in th future...

try the GL Greys...high station good body,,even as a stag they are mature looking grey lines...

thats all i can share..

tnx:D :hombre:

P_U_L_A
December 9th, 2003, 01:56 PM
Law Grey of NAP Gamefarm... :cool:

Bobwhite
December 9th, 2003, 02:40 PM
Ronin Shadow Greys (Bred to Grey side)
The only Greys I own.

dolphin
December 9th, 2003, 06:38 PM
i agree with the previous posting......Hulsey Grey...Mr. Juancho Aguirre has some.
Otic Geroso has good greys.
Mule Train greys of the Mule Train entry who fights a lot at Sunset,i think they are good.
Hatch/greys of Joe Mac Skinner and Hack Lauderdale of Galt,Ca...they fight under Hack and Joe Mac...tough fowls in the short knife.
Joe Redmond greys....Neil Crawford of Haines City,Florida has them....they come dark colored grey with black legs,straight comb...all around fowl.
Sammy gamefowl farm......cocker of the year 2003 at Sunset....very tough short knife and gaff hatch/greys.
Bumble foot greys....a friend of Mr. Travis Clark of Lampe,MO breeds some....we fought one in Poultry Palace,OK..took him several pittings to win...good looking fowls,good natured.Just need the cutting to win in the long knife.

Best grey?get the one that can cut
:hippie:

don b
December 10th, 2003, 05:03 PM
The old kansas city greys. Crossed to bumblefoot greys produced the Hulsey greys. I got the kansas city greys crossed to orientals. Some hulsey greys looked like the kansas city greys. Old looking greys.

L. Rutledge
December 11th, 2003, 04:32 AM
La Concordia, Mr Grady Fields has been selling the polecat greys for over 40+ years in one of the gamefowl mags. I know his son I will get you more info on them. There are also speeder, Law, Maject leg, and sweater greys, blue greys... everyone knows it only takes a little grey blood to cover up a family of dark fowl. YFIS

Ferdi
December 11th, 2003, 09:05 AM
We have raised Chrisman Greys a long time ago and an old friend used to raise Tormentor Greys.
Now, I have the Sweater Grey and my favorite is the
Vizzard Grey.

inutzz
December 14th, 2003, 12:24 AM
I prefer JOE GOODE GREYS really smart and fast cutter ... also we are trying to breed RADIO GREY sooner i'll let you guys know if the breeding is successful

Leet Brian

Bayani
December 17th, 2003, 11:16 PM
one of the best grays I breed was owned by Mamie lacson more than 70% winning. but stop breeding it coz buyers prefer my red with light leg with white streamers. I know some body(ATU farms and Stallion Farms) here in DVO who has this Javellanosa grays super din and of course the Grays from G. TONY TREBOL the problem is how to acquire one.:sprcool:

Bty Hunter
December 17th, 2003, 11:39 PM
We have regular greys and we once have Frost grey broodcock. The regular greys we have are high breaking, fast shuffling and very game. Whereas the Frost are methodical single strokers--accurate and deadly..between the two i fancy the Frost greys, i just find them better for long knife use. The regular greys crossed very well with our roundheads, i think the cross gave them the smarts.:hippie:

loko201
December 18th, 2003, 04:43 AM
anyone here knows the combination of the HATCH GREYS of Michael Ramsey?

kimora
December 18th, 2003, 05:31 AM
kimora greys ;) white hens X grey broodcock

noel dimatulac
December 19th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Choclate Grey

I was faccinated with this kind of Grey that my Friend Jerry Adkins of Slick Lizzard Farm breed. He give me an 8 times winner a Choclate Grey when I visit him lately, and I buy a Pure Pullet
also a Choclate Grey, they have 6 eggs already in the Phil. and also
mated him with 3 Pure Lacy Roundhead (George Wood) as Jerry
advise me to do, and 1-Pure Sweater(Bruce Barnett) hope this
mate will produce some winner.

" Its not how many you have Won or Lost, what really counts in our Sport is the Way you Played the Game"

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year..
Carson Farm

tsampoy
December 19th, 2003, 12:56 PM
roundheadgrey of blackhatch farm,roundhead cock bred over joe goode grey hens.the cross won a lot in the past.they were quick and could break high.

tsampoy
December 19th, 2003, 01:04 PM
speed and cut OVER power and gameness.slavin`s roundheadgray cross pen.

Bayani
December 19th, 2003, 01:42 PM
I fought 2 grays during the Bakbakan, 1 during the elimination here in Dvo and 1 at araneta(Javellanosa gray ov. Lemons) watch the bakbakan tape under the D'Bagani entry. it will be available at the market by january.
:sprcool:

tsampoy
December 19th, 2003, 01:56 PM
alin pre,yung tape o yung mga grey mo by january?where are you from davao my friend?

Bayani
December 19th, 2003, 02:40 PM
yup, taga davao ako(born and raised)hehehe, parang monok din. the vcd's according to emoy g. 2 wks ago meron ng pisa hangang 2nd wk ng feb nagpapapisa pa ako.:sprcool:

ariel.aquino
December 19th, 2003, 02:48 PM
These r harold brown grey of Sir Gallos Locos..7/8 hatch grey & 1/8 lemons:sprcool:

Sundowner
December 23rd, 2003, 03:41 AM
For long knife, I will prefere both Ibelle and Bennette grey. Back on the 90's, we won the 12-Cock derby (solo) in Copper State with Arvel Pope's entry posting 11 win and 1 lost using Bennette Grey. My own breeding of Ibelle has an 85 percent winning in the derby. John Slavin's two entries of Grey in Texoma's 8-cock derby has an impressive record too. 14 straight win but lost his money fight on both entry. Angat, smart, side stepping and good cutters. I beleive he is fighting the same family of that Bennette grey which is heavy with roundhead blood. Someone told me that the Speeder Grey would be perfect for long knife. I did some reasearch about this kind of grey to no avail. I heard it was smuggled from South America to New York and have been proven to have a lightning speed with thunderous power and accurate cutter, but no mention about gameness. Feliz Navidad Prospero y Felizidad to all.

rhon-rhon
December 24th, 2003, 06:57 AM
i have 50greys bullstag in my farm in negros that i acquire
from otic geroso,tony trebol and the late mamie lacson and it seems to be very impressive.

romanisip
December 27th, 2003, 08:01 AM
Gavilan Greys are awesome......it won 12-0 at Texoma in January

Sundowner
December 30th, 2003, 09:43 PM
Gavilan Roundheads battle cross has been winning in Texoma Pit.

kogmohon
December 31st, 2003, 01:01 AM
w.t. green greys..they are smart, fast, powerful ,accurate
cutters and game to the core.

Grey Grove GF
December 31st, 2003, 02:30 PM
here is a list of grey families

E.W. Law Greys
Sweater greys
Joe good greys
bumble foot greys
regular greys
madigan greys
frost greys
perfection greys
chocolete greys
jimmy east greys

these are just some of the many grey the list goes on
my personal favorite are the E.W. Law greys and sweater greys

hope this helps
yfis
Grey Grove GF

steel magnolia
January 3rd, 2004, 10:07 AM
add speeder grey to the list!

ironman
January 4th, 2004, 09:37 AM
My favorite greys are the frost grey,joe goode grey and law grey can cut in the different angles,smart figther and quick footed(maagap).thanks keep em crowing fella`s

YFIS

Ironman

LUPIN3
January 4th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Ive seen WSD 2002 a grey fought and win that said to be Tony Trebol Grey.. color i think similar to Frost Grey and yellow Legs.. is this a Duke Hulsey Grey? Coz the Duke Hulsey Grey which Mayor Aguire have is quite different from Tony Trebol, can you give me more information about this two greys and their origin..

Thanks

lupin3

onieaces
January 6th, 2004, 12:45 AM
deecox grey

12 cock champion deecox roundhead grey

legolas
February 20th, 2004, 01:06 AM
i've been reading about the bobby fairchild greys thread ...found alot of interesting things about the man and his greys....then i realize there are so many great breeders of greys here and in the U.S.

each with his own different strain and fighting style..well can anybody name a few of your favorite greys and their fighting qualities

roundhead
February 20th, 2004, 01:57 AM
back in the 80's

I used to have a couple of Golden Grey Camarines Roosters that came yellow legged high station, they look very 'Texas' except for the thinner tail feathers, the plumper shanks and the crow. nevertheless, they can change fighting styles in a heartbeat, and they shuffle too. in fact the kelso's at that time does not even have a chance beating these 4-6 y/o camarines greys in shuffling, speed and game play. the only problem I had is that it takes a while before it gets matched because of the size and age. I gave them to some friends and never knew what happened next.

:cool:

Bobwhite
February 20th, 2004, 04:00 AM
I like a good Red Fox Grey, the Silvers or their Regular Greys. I've never had much experience with any others.

Brian

Roosters&Dreams
February 20th, 2004, 01:45 PM
how about the bumblefoot greys of the cantrell brothers and curtis blackwell

BananaCamp
February 20th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Red Richardson Greys...

Grey Grove GF
February 20th, 2004, 11:20 PM
i like the green legged sweater mcginnis grey,hard shuffling and hardhiting

Bobwhite
February 21st, 2004, 03:40 AM
http://brian-bio.tripod.com//sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/shadowstag314.jpg

Gallos Locos
February 21st, 2004, 05:36 AM
Harold Brown Hatch Greys :D

Edong
February 21st, 2004, 06:38 AM
GL's Greys ;)

tonio
February 21st, 2004, 01:24 PM
I like Manziel's frost greys and perfection greys

jlbs72
February 21st, 2004, 03:38 PM
Im using a Gallos Locos grey hen right now. so far im satified wth the offspring. high station, high breaker, power at may follow up pa. ;)

3 Oaks
February 21st, 2004, 07:58 PM
Ray Hoskins Grey. Dynamite cocks!

Gallos Locos
February 22nd, 2004, 06:16 AM
aw shucks.... I'm blushing... :blush:
Thanks Ed and Joel

legolas
February 22nd, 2004, 12:16 PM
thanks for posting gentlemen and sharing your pics and infos about your favorite greys!

personally my favorites are the joe goode greys (yl,gr lg,w l)harold browns, tony trebols , boy jiao and juancho aguirre

greys performed well in the recently concluded wsd and candelaria derby, bpz and lancey are developing a new line of greys ..so watch out for these fine gentlemen and watch for the greys

yfis

legolas

rhon-rhon
February 22nd, 2004, 02:15 PM
for me gavilan grays of otec geroso are such a phenomenon.

fmgomez
February 23rd, 2004, 10:35 AM
:rbounce:
I personally like the Green Legged Joe Goode Greys.

marciel m
February 24th, 2004, 01:00 AM
I personally prefer Johnny Bennet Grey / Mel Sims Black cross, air to ground.

Soseng
February 24th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Orokita Greys ;)

j_capul
February 24th, 2004, 01:15 AM
One of my favorite grays is the batchoy gray. Very good at side stepping and in weaving but very accurtae cutters. Single stroker. Extendeds his legs trying to reach his opponent but keeps his body away. Calculating and smart.

secondwind
February 24th, 2004, 02:00 PM
for me me only 2 : 1st mga PRETTY BOY Bacolod - Ray Hoskins Greys - straightcomb, silver grey, greenlegged. 2nd mga Dirtyfeet - Otic "gavillan" greys - straightcomb, red-dark greys, greenlegged.:smoke:

jix71
February 24th, 2004, 04:32 PM
for me i have 3 lines of greys:

madigin greys - ancestors of bobby fair childs line
duke hulsey greys - intelligent & best greys i had
Law greys - nice fowl

cool cocker!!!!!:cool:

jix71

tatisbau
February 25th, 2004, 01:08 AM
harold brown hatch greys of old. silver, dark-legged, peacomb line - ala back cover of gamecock mag.

kutangbato
February 25th, 2004, 04:08 PM
sana maka[pagpost kau ng pics favorite greys nu, including some background on the characteristics, fighting styles, and strong points of ur favorite line...

i wud love to see the old batchoy grey, Joe Goode, Otic Grey, etc....

loko201
February 29th, 2004, 05:50 AM
I like hatch greys specially those with dark "TINGGAIIN" colored legs. Hard hitters and game to the core

james wolf
February 29th, 2004, 06:01 AM
need some advice, have a joe goode grey hen, what is the best brood cock for it? does anyone know the history of the joe goode greys? jim

loko201
February 29th, 2004, 06:31 AM
james wolf

try to infuse hatch blood mclean or blueface hatch (hatch/grey cross) gamesness and speed

you could also try crossing her to a sweater cock. i have a bates grey hen crossed it to a nesmith sweater (sweater grey cross) speed and acuracy..

just a suggestion :)

rhhoney
March 1st, 2004, 04:05 AM
My personal choice, Dan Grey.

rangerjoe
March 1st, 2004, 06:55 AM
Love the polecat grey awesome fighters,had them for several years now

Eboy Martin
March 1st, 2004, 02:48 PM
Bachoy grey is my pick. Outstanding!

spanish fly
March 2nd, 2004, 04:34 PM
am using/crossing Pretty Boy Greys and Law Greys from Peter Uy... hope they turn out good (may nag-try na ba nito?)

aldous guzman
March 4th, 2004, 10:07 AM
how about the greys of bpz? are they good in the pit... are they good for breeding? how do they fight in the PIT?

newtogame2
March 8th, 2004, 12:41 AM
The names (Red Fox, Sweater, Hulsey, Perfection...) don't matter. Most greys cannot stand up to the black reds. Just pay attention to the win-loss records of the greys against the black reds in most WSC videos, and/or in real life. But if you like greys, the ones with the best winning percentage, therefore giving them a decent chance of beating a black red, are the ones with dark legs. They just seem stronger and faster than the white or yellow legged greys. And that's where most greys come up short against the black reds: strength and speed; not cutting or smart.

And that's why a lot of cockers infuse Hatch blood onto their greys, which explains the red in their wings and the dark legs.

But how about those with silver/duck wings and dark legs, my favorite combination. There is no Hatch (red in the wings) blood in them. Where do the dark legs come from?

greyman818
March 14th, 2004, 08:51 AM
sweater greys from ''the coach'' in louisiana.

boknoy
May 26th, 2004, 12:06 AM
law greys are pretty good!

...has anybody heard about the machinegun greys of richard bates?

thanks for any info!

tusiklang
May 26th, 2004, 12:35 AM
http://www.sabong.net.ph/gallery/data/500/9852P4010075__2_.JPG

High breaker and mutiple shuffler.

Cocky
May 26th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Hello Cockmates!

What about the Joe Goode Grays? Are they worthy to fight in the Long Knife as a Straigth Gray or better with a cross? Or do we just keep them as a material for crossing with other breeds? Please comment.....

Thanks,

Cocky :cool:

Ferdinand Borja
May 26th, 2004, 10:09 PM
I like Juancho Aguirre's grey. Waiver like a tidal wave and best cutter with side stepping like Jacky Chan. I used this line last 4 cock derby and i got 3 wins and 1 draw. :eek:

sambulat
May 26th, 2004, 10:46 PM
i have a red fox grey "old line silver back" stag and a richard bates grey pullet, both pea comb and green legged from eggs hatched that i bought from a tennesse breeder and now in the philippines. breeder told me that red fox greys are good flyers and the bates greys has lots of bottoms and great in gaff.

what other lines do you think they will be great to cross with for long knife? i will appreciate all replies, thanks........

PAJARO_ORO
May 27th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Last year during my vacation, I purchased a yellow leg grey stag an offspring of 4 Times Derby winner Hatch Grey from Mandy Garcia's (Chiongbian's Son In Law) friend. I don't really like the grey but when I saw he fight, he impressed me the way he show his style, very careful and smart mover fighter. Now we using him as a broodstag and mating him to our sweater grey in Tanay.

PolloMan
May 27th, 2004, 12:51 PM
In Random Order
JoeGoodeGrey
VizzardGrey
DeeCoxGrey
SweaterGrey
BumblefootGrey
InTheMix
Can'tGoWrong

Bedminster
May 29th, 2004, 11:56 PM
-Bacolod dirty greys
-Sweater Greys (William T. Greene)
-Bumblefoot Greys (Curtis Blackwell)
-Joe Goode Greys

jason24
May 30th, 2004, 11:18 PM
I like my mule train grays from lonnie harper

Galapong
May 31st, 2004, 12:37 AM
Cocky,

Fight them battle crossed..

mychael
June 1st, 2004, 07:50 PM
i had tested and tried Richard bates silver grays, high breaker and excellent cutters.

La Concordia
June 2nd, 2004, 04:58 PM
LC Grey = Polecat Grey x Blue Face

mychael
June 2nd, 2004, 06:00 PM
I say Richard Bates silver grey high breaker, single strokers and accurate cutters.

William Branum
June 2nd, 2004, 08:52 PM
I like the Sweater "polecat" Greys and the "Lulu" family of Law Greys.

george
June 14th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Duke Hulsey greys from Spangle are becoming a favorite in our farm. We are ,now, getting an opportunity to test the bullstags out of his line.

So far 2 wins no loses. Both birds came out clean. 1 won the fastest kill. Another brother is being conditioned. Hope he keeps up with his brother's skills.

alaskador
June 18th, 2004, 12:35 PM
redfox hatch/grey is still the best ...

MALDEN KGGMGF
June 18th, 2004, 02:23 PM
BENETTE greys developed by Sammy Game Fowl Farm, Nebo, NC

COTY 2000 @ DEL RIO
COTY 2000,2001,2002 @ DO-OK
SUNSET COCKER OF THE YEAR 2003
RAY ALEXANDER TRIBUTE JAN 2004 : 9-0
65 plus Derby wins @ numerous pits during the last 4 seasons

N.B. : The Ramseys do not compete in the LK
Attached pic of Grey Broodpen, SPECKLED variety, taken and shown w/ permission from Sammy Ramsey:

Karmy
June 19th, 2004, 03:44 AM
Here is one of my greys. :) I dont know how he fights, because cockfighting is illegal here, i just LOVE to raise roosters tho:). I've had this one through a breed from my friend in the USA whose father was a great cockfighter. Here it is: http://karman.gamesphere.org/grey.jpg

Tommy-C
June 19th, 2004, 05:02 AM
Karmy, that's a beautiful grey.

Karmy
June 19th, 2004, 05:39 AM
thanks:) anyone else any more input on him? Do yu guys think he could be a good fighter, just looking at him?

kaohu
June 23rd, 2004, 07:00 AM
I gotta go with the bates greys from larry carter, they are pea comb , green leg ,frost greys . they are high breakers with lots of bottom. I also like the golden greys from larry carter.:hombre:

larryboy
June 23rd, 2004, 09:35 AM
kaohu,

bates greys of larry carter are really good,bought some roosters from him 2 years ago mostly greys(hulsey greys,bates,golden)and they all wins,i like their fighting style.

alanman
June 23rd, 2004, 12:55 PM
Tony Trebol Greys, ang choice ko.

ktrix
June 27th, 2004, 03:06 AM
Imptd: Sammy Ramsey Grey(acquired from Bob Bennett of TN) thru Jerry Ellard of O'Hatchee game fowl farm(Al) one of the champions in WSD combined with Firebirds entry.This was accdg from his son Michael Ramsey.

Local:Ex- Mayor JGA Grey.

Die Hard
June 27th, 2004, 07:13 AM
I have this RH Grey and its doing great.

AVMDesignStudio
August 8th, 2004, 10:06 AM
I would go with the Richard Bates Gray or that of Larry Carter ... high breakers, hard
hitters, accurate, with lots of bottom ... some birds you do not want to be faced with !

MALDEN KGGMGF
August 8th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Sammy Ramsey's Greys came from Benette.
The red Hatches are from Richard Bates.
Ramsey's records are consistent up to the present.

KJS_Farm
August 8th, 2004, 11:26 AM
for me, i have never been satisfied with my grey line. they have been good to me and have been with them for almost a decade now! its a cross of oscar akins grey and hi-action which i got from the late great mamie lacson! they fight well and have been accurate cutters! here a pic of one of my bullstags!

MALDEN KGGMGF
August 8th, 2004, 11:34 AM
notables locally:
Harold Brown grey of M. Lacson and D. Cojuangco
Hulsey Grey of Batchoy Alunan

teddysarad
August 8th, 2004, 11:37 AM
trebol grey!

MALDEN KGGMGF
August 8th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Trebol was champion 2002 ? WSC fielding mostly greys; these are also Hulsey Greys just like Alunan's.

teddysarad
August 8th, 2004, 11:57 AM
malden,

not all greys of trebol are hulsey grey!:hippie:

KJS_Farm
August 8th, 2004, 12:26 PM
here's the pic of my grey!

MALDEN KGGMGF
August 8th, 2004, 12:42 PM
TeddyS,
Of course, most cockers know Trebol have the Hulsey reds, the Lemons.

ncyabut
August 24th, 2004, 07:24 AM
I guess by now a lot of you guys would have noticed that the big time fights are now dominated by the sweater looking or lemon hackled cocks... well, what has happened to the greys... it used to be that the bacolod dirty grey dominated the cocking scene... the silvery greys of ecj... the hulsey greys... IF YOU WERE HAD THE CHANCE TO HAVE AN EXCELLENT GREY BROODFOWL TO WHICH BLOODLINE WILL YOU CROSS IT TOIN ORDER TO PRODUCE A "NICK"....

boknoy
August 24th, 2004, 08:21 AM
tasty!

cross your greys with claret or roundhead and get those delectable pearl legged greys! Ummm...

Blackwing
August 24th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Hulsey grey X Batchoy lemon

Eboy Martin
August 24th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Hatch grey crossed to Middleton Jungle fowl or Wingate Brown Red.

sweater_gwapo
August 24th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Sweater_grey
Grey of mayor JGA x sweater

If im not mistaken, Manny berbano has this line.I saw one fight during last year's Bakbakan stag derby, very good looking bird..killed the opponent in one fly.Someone from cagayan valley went for it for 20 thousand pesos,but did not get it. ended up in the hands of my good friend patrick siochi.

bien1931
August 24th, 2004, 07:13 PM
8-24-04 NCYABUT. don't forget that gray color is dominant, like GRAY hen and RED cocks all stags are gray. Over here grays again are getting popular, especially the Bob. Bennette line, but the trick is to cross w/ power cock like blue face hatch and breed to 5/8's grayline and 3/8's power cock line. bien31:rbounce:

ClipperMan
August 24th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Bien,
I have the Bob Bennett Greys too, got a lot of Grey X stags this year ready to be tested for the stag derbies, looks very promising and im very hopeful...

Clip

RLT
August 26th, 2004, 12:14 AM
NC Yabut:

Cross your good grey with a good hatch. Hatch x Grey is a proven winner throughout the years!

bien1931
August 26th, 2004, 04:02 AM
8-25-04, ClipperMan, How did y obtain u'er Bob Bennette Grays? I heard that hthis man fr. Sparta Tennessess does not usually sell his chicken to anybody.However if u got them hung on them and don't spread them around. Best cross Bennette hen side to 1/2 power 1/2 speed cocks like Double nose sweater (possum) Nesmith or A good Butcher blood.bien31:)

Karmy
August 26th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Id go for a hatch or a claret.

Swift
August 26th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Add Butcher to ur poLL

Claret or Butcher for me...

I observed when cross to Hatch they get hot, RoundHeads will just avoid and counter-punch from hatch-gray attacks....

:eek:

Swift
August 26th, 2004, 08:48 AM
Add Butcher to ur poLL

Claret or Butcher for me...

I observed when cross to Hatch they get hot, RoundHeads will just evade their attacks.... :eek:

HERCULES BLACK
August 26th, 2004, 12:58 PM
:) This grey is a JJ Hatch crossed, We've been breeding this line for years. Already tested.

Mar........

sqdogjoe
August 29th, 2004, 11:55 PM
last year i took four single mated pure bob bennet pullets (the prettiest pullets you ever seen) and bred them to a claret/roundhead cock of dan grey bloodlines. this cock is a two time winner at sunset and was given to me by my good friend jeff torbett who feeds for the joe entry (2004 sunset cocker of the year). i raised nine stags. beautiful, white legged, high station, great feathers. im looking forward to trying them next year. if it clicks i have the stuff to try and raise alot more of them next year. just thought i would share my experiences with the grey crosses.
joe phillips

Grey Grove GF
September 1st, 2004, 10:49 AM
5/8grey 3/8 brownred , 1/2grey 1/2 brownred 1/2 grey 1/4hatch and 1/2 brownred

Goldeius Domus
September 1st, 2004, 03:49 PM
Fast, furious and smart cutters!

teds_glh
September 6th, 2004, 10:52 AM
2 yrs old 1 time winner Dink Fair sweater cock over Hack Lauderdale grey hen cross. Very good in lk.

XxGary_BlairxX
September 18th, 2004, 09:35 AM
i think that Grey/ wingate brown red is a great cross i got a friend that this is his first time crossing the but they are looking very good and the grey and brown red are greak bloodlines

Gary Blair:rbounce:

adeguzman
September 19th, 2004, 05:41 PM
dark brownred match with greys= AWESOME GAMEFOWLS

LANFARRELL
October 27th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Hatch/grey is a good cross, you get the good bottom and hard hitting from the hatch, and the good cutting and aggressiveness from the grey!!! I like a grey that will shoot across the pit at the other rooster. Most greys do!!!!

p3k_gray
October 27th, 2004, 09:58 PM
hatch fowls nicks grey also:sprcool: keep on cocking!

CIGAR
October 29th, 2004, 09:36 PM
kelso/greys and hatch/greys are very good....
however favorte are black/greys...

cigar

GoldenDragon
November 15th, 2004, 06:44 AM
did you see the grey I fought sa pasabong ni rebel and battlegear sa binan early this year ? how about the grey I fought at the recently held UBBA stag ? they were very good birds.

secret muna the crosses I blended.....

I am very pleased with my greys and I hope you all are too with yours.

cheers !!!

alvilgamefarm
November 18th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Hello Ma'am GD

I saw that Grey you fought at UBBA, absolutelly game rooster, I think less than a minute before careo eh nakalabas na bituka nya but still manage to win. Let me guess Hatch/Grey crosses?

yanbuwarrior
December 7th, 2004, 11:13 PM
I produce great cross last last year gilmore X regular grey now being conditioned for upcoming 5 cocks derby.

Leocadio408
December 11th, 2004, 12:41 AM
Grey / Kelso (especially white leg kelso)
Grey/ Hatch
Grey/ Griffen Clarets

We didnt breed alot of Greys, but when we did the above crosses were very succesful in LK for us. When we tried using Madigan Clarets, the roosters were deadly cutters but were manfighters. We switched over to Griffens and we got much tamer roosters with the same cutting ability. Grey/ Hatch were probably our most consistent of the three, they had over a 70% win for us but they would get cut up bad because of the "go for broke" style of the Hatch, but the Grey/ White leg Kelso were our most impressive very smart, shifty and accurate, problem was we lost the Kelso Brood cock and Grey hens to dogs after one season.:(

Dragon Aces
March 14th, 2005, 01:15 AM
Has anybody considered "Greys x Albany"? Like the Guam group in the 2004 WSC!

buhawi
March 14th, 2005, 01:41 AM
they were once almost unbeatable.

mr. slavin bred his frost grey hens with roundhead cock.(speed cock over power cutting hens)
the offsprings were fought successfully in longknife.

teddysarad
March 14th, 2005, 07:28 PM
i cross my hulsey grey to my trebol lemon broodcock

secondwind
March 17th, 2005, 04:26 PM
I cross them to Kelso hens...see attached pict.

secondwind
March 17th, 2005, 04:29 PM
X to ALBANY hens... see attached pict.

spangle
April 9th, 2005, 10:17 AM
Check my straight comb dark leg Mule Train Grey. Just got out from the box.

Thanks,

Troy

:)

talisayon/balaw
April 9th, 2005, 10:19 AM
these are my simple southern star greys from romero farm who killed also a sweater line...maybe sweaters are fad but they lost too...and many of my cocks fought sweaters..coz they are bountiful...hehehe i want to be the underdog...10-6 were the bettings..mine is at 6....got enough win to buy a sack of concentrate...:hombre:

spangle
April 9th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Here is a typical Mule Train Grey cross to O'Deil Been Brassback Albany.

Hope you like this one.

Spangle:)

CORPS COMMANDER
April 9th, 2005, 07:36 PM
red fox grey crossing with red fox's lacy roundhead and roger robert's chet this season, i will see the outcome coming stag derby season.

:smoke:

kaohu
April 14th, 2005, 05:14 PM
A friend of mine has been real successful with his pure Lacy cocks crossed over Goode Grey hens. He came out with some real goode roundhead/greys.

juan sabungero
April 14th, 2005, 05:33 PM
sweater grey cross with yellow leg hatch
good balance
high station
good plumage

pic is 5 year old brood cock
one time winner
kill opponent in first buckle, unscratch,
fastest kill not yet fad by that time

http://web.tri-isys.com/louisianagamefowls/swg.html

Grey_Grove
April 18th, 2005, 04:08 AM
Another Good Cross that seems to "nick" well is a Green Legged Grey family crossed to a Yellow Legged Green Family.....they seem to always compliment each other i have included a pic of one of My McGinnis Green leg Grey Broodcocks

buhawi
June 2nd, 2005, 01:51 PM
i`ve read the book entitled "lihim sa pagbuo ng sariling linyada" by andrew bunan.very intersting and informative book.specially the story of how mayor juancho aguirre made his own strain of greys.

taking time observing his greys i began to think that his greys have some infusion of black fowl.the black ring around the eyes which can still be seen but not that prominent and the black contrast in the middle of each hackle feathers .it gives me the notion that in the long decades of breeding it was once a black grey or an infusion of said blood.

GoldenDragon
June 3rd, 2005, 06:49 AM
ang galing-galing ng grey ko naghahanap ka pa ng iba !!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

victor
June 3rd, 2005, 10:08 AM
Buhawi,
I'm pretty sure that Mayor Juancho didnt infuse Blacks to them at anytime.
Kasi si mayor walang Love sa blacks. hehehehe.

I think the description your saying is more consistent with an infusion of Hatch blood.

Best,
Victor

Dragon Aces
June 3rd, 2005, 01:19 PM
El Umbre,

If you want a reasonable value for money fowls (Greys), go for Edwin's Grey; Tambak THL Farm and also Golden Dragon's Grey.
;) :wink2: ;)

buhawi
June 3rd, 2005, 01:41 PM
how are you my friend.....yes,in the book he didn`t say about the infusion of any black fowl.............but the infusion of black fowl might have happened in the time of duke hulsey......or perhaps before duke hulsey time.....or sweater mcginnis had something to do with it........infusing blackfowl blood.

mayor juancho aguirre says he got his startof grey from mayor nonoy jalandoni..........jalandoni got it direct from duke hulsey.nonoy bred them and from the first batch he got....................DIRTY GREYS........may itim na guhit sa pagitan ng kanilang mga balahibo...........green legs.

the blackring around the eyes is a trademark of black fowl...........bred out the black blood............but still left traces of it.;)

victor
June 3rd, 2005, 06:27 PM
Buhawi,
Good Point my friend! They are good birds INDEED!
I also notice that Black Ring with mayor and Bobs birds all the time.

Best,
Victor

pennie fabros
June 3rd, 2005, 10:05 PM
i will go for Bob Bennett regular grey and Wallace Lanning law grey. i got both of them.

jlbs72
June 3rd, 2005, 10:11 PM
Guys,

notice that this post was way back 2000 pa. after 5 years, still looking for the grey (that suite my taste, hehehe) that i'll breed.

kogmohon
June 3rd, 2005, 11:33 PM
hello friend, i will be in PI next week to visit my batangas and
bohol farm. maybe i can help you. here are my greys: shorty
bullock i got from jim kent when he sold out. dirty greys from
bobby jones, johnny jumper greys, sweater mcgennis greys,
w.t. green greys, black hat johnny bennet greys, red fox greys
and law greys the king ranch line. my 6yr old broodcock is a 7x
winner and one of the 45 brothers that won 37 derby's. call me
at 09202893215//lee

juan sabungero
June 3rd, 2005, 11:38 PM
check out the greys of the la carlota group

buhawi
June 4th, 2005, 12:38 AM
that were fought in last candelaria derby 2005

they are a lil bit slow than the sweaters but they have superb breaking and cutting ability.

D Reverend KP
June 4th, 2005, 12:56 AM
Will this thread ends up with a MAIN???:lol: Hopefully, we will finish the KELSO Main first before we come up with a GREY Main...:lol:

silvergrey
June 4th, 2005, 03:29 AM
hehehe I am just waiting for somebody to mock JLBS72 again then start talking about his birds- how good they are and how smart he is, this time I think its not only victor who will challenge the mocker to a main hehehe lol. Anyways I have beed a big fan of Joe Goode even if I wast too successful with the line of greys he has when bred straight. These birds in my experience tend to fight way much better when crossed-- esp when accidentally mated to a GOK :wink2:

wickedfroggie
June 4th, 2005, 03:44 AM
GOK GRAYS ARE ONE OF THE BADEST GRAYS IN BUKIDNON:D THEY ARE GOK GRAY KILLERS:D

paningit
June 4th, 2005, 06:17 AM
flarry eyed grey and law grey of wildfoot is not a bad at all....i think he has to blend it together wildfoot devil grey?

adiddy
June 4th, 2005, 06:30 AM
Andy Robertson of Battle Creek Farm in Tennesse, he consistently fights tough at Sunset with his greys. He just one day money @ the World Championship at the Bayou Club which was a 6000 usd entry fee. He will be fighting in the world slasher next January.

Elhungaro
June 4th, 2005, 06:42 AM
Bob Bennett from Sparta TN has the best greys in the world you can ask to the mule train.

Bob Bennett
662 Dola RD.
Sparta TN. 38583

phone 931 6575691

jlbs72
June 4th, 2005, 08:38 AM
friends,

if that happens( somebody mock me), i dont know if mr silvergrey will defend me, hehehe...

Paningit,

i wish i could hold some of wildfoot flarry eyed greys. Hoping, hehehe...

Kogmohon,

thanks for the offer pre.

silver2dmoon
June 4th, 2005, 09:32 AM
....probably is still in the making...
if you have waited for 5 years...
what's another 5 more years....
anyways....the sweater greys had been good to me...

victor
June 4th, 2005, 09:55 AM
Pennie,
I know how good Bob's greys are. Are they still the same now as before?
How about Wallace Lannings grey how do they fight?

Thanks again. I'm very curious with Wallace's.

Best,
Victor

Grey_Grove
June 4th, 2005, 11:36 AM
My Laws carry some of Wallaces Law blood and i personally know wallace and visit him frequently seeing that he doesnt even live a mile down the road from me.....His Law Greys break high cut good and are Multiple and Single strokeing fowl that know how to use their legs......Wallace fights them in the Knife and Gaff and they do good in both heels....i would highly suggest His fowl i see the care he gives them and the health they are in and because i help him move fowl to tiecords and other such things that invole handleing his fowl i can volch for the boddies they have he has been breeding them for 25 + years and they still do very well for him i perosnally believe that they would do very well in Filipino style fighting aswell as mine........Hope this helps answer your Question Victor

cheeser
June 10th, 2005, 09:26 AM
Ronnie Rodgers Law Grey hands down all around cocks that have it all breaking, speed and power and cross great with Albany.

ncyabut
June 10th, 2005, 09:37 AM
As quoted from R.R Rains : … “Tormentor greys which are a 4 four way cross of the following grey blood : Gimme Grey, Gordon Grey, Ginn Grey and the Mortgage Lifter Grey.” These Tormentor Greys are known for deep gameness, hard shuffles and high breaking… this bloodline has been maintained and has been bred excellently by Mr. Sonnie Poe of Alabama... these tormentor greys typically look like hatch greys... fiery red eyes, black breasted, pea-combed, dark legs...

Marabella
June 11th, 2005, 07:49 PM
Bobby Fairchild grey!?

ellisgamefowl
June 12th, 2005, 12:30 AM
ncyabut , everything you said about Sonny's Tormentors is true.....except the high breaking part .

He won a derby with them three years ago......they are very impressive cutters and very game . After the derby he said he had them almost the way he wanted them but he didn't like the way they were breaking.....or not breaking .

Last year he probably bred them a dozen different ways hoping to improve there breaking ability . So did I . I think the albany crosses will prove to be the best . I crossed them with sweater this year......hoping that will get them in the air better......I think the pure tormentors are strictly gaff fighters ......they're aggressive and will push the fight but the fact that they will only break about a foot in the air will get them slaughtered in the LK . IMO . But I do believe they are a solid foundation blood to start with .

GreenLegRed
June 12th, 2005, 03:02 PM
SCOTT,
what's the result with crossing the tormentor's with a kelso or a claret ?

thanks.

ellisgamefowl
June 12th, 2005, 04:10 PM
GLR , I don't know about crossing them with claret . I don't have any claret blood .

The crosses I made with them last year are......
tmr/albany....tmr/yl hatch.....tmr/robinhood......tmr/gl hatch......tmr/kelso (out&out) .

I personally haven't fought any of the tormentors yet , last year was the first time I bred them .

I gave chris and jack (my partners) 20 of these crosses......when they first picked them up jack said to me......why did you breed all these greys......if they're not brownreds he don't like them.......now every time I see him he's bragging about the greys.......they spar really well......all of the crosses look promising .

Sonny told me that the albany crosses were really good . The greys he fought at sunset this past friday were gl hatch crosses .

The last time I visited sonny , he had brought back a trio of grey toppies from oklahoma......he'll probably cross the tormentors with them too .

Sonny's tormentors are a work in progress.......he's breeding them several ways to find what suits him . Look out for them in the future .

I'm not planning on maintaining them myself.......don't like greys that much and I already have too many breeds as it is .

I watched him fight a show of them a few years ago and he won the derby.......they're bitter game......cut really well......and very quick footed......they just didn't get off the ground enough to suit sonny......even after winning a derby with them he was complaining about there breaking ability .

talisayon/balaw
June 12th, 2005, 07:09 PM
hmnnnnnnnnnnnnnn....remember me scott?;) i really like greys.....................sooooooooooo much..........tnx...

p.s. you had not realy responded my last e mail....just watch you though..in...silence...

joey

ellisgamefowl
June 13th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Joey , e-mail me again . Your e-mail must have gotten lost in the shuffle . Sorry bro........ellisgamefowl@aol.com

slim2002
June 13th, 2005, 04:13 AM
i have some white leg, strait comb,joe goode greys with black specks in there cheast that win a high % in the lk pure and are great in any heel when crossed on kelso or roundhead.

florencioangulo
June 19th, 2005, 03:26 AM
WHAT ABOUT SAMMY RAMSEY GREYS?,
CHECK THE SUNSET RECORDS IN THE LAST YEARS!!!!!

TabukSuba
June 19th, 2005, 04:06 AM
I liked the pit performance of Mike Romulo's Greys in the recent WSD-June edition. I heard that this are Bobby Manziel's.

Tonio's fowls - which are all Greys- was pitted against the best there is (like Sonny Lagon, Patrick Antonio) He bested them all. His score is a respectable 6 points.

hiroundhead
June 20th, 2005, 04:18 AM
i guest tonio's grey is the best grey as of now, A BIG CONGRATS TO TONIO. how'bout MR. MANZIEL'S speckled grey, they are awesome too. MR. ALLEN ANDREWS USED IT AT SUNSET AND MADE HIM COCKER OF THE YEAR, I THINK TWICE.

kerigan
June 20th, 2005, 11:41 AM
Roadman167,

Do you have a contact number of Mr. Francis Afable.

Thanks in Advance,
Keri

khazimline
June 21st, 2005, 10:58 AM
Sammy RAmsey's Grey,
I think Sammy's greys are good too.Over the years they have winning records with their greys,2003,I think they won using their speckle greys.I've seen them fight in sunset at JJ tribute he diidn't use alot of them but there were 2 or 3 super Grey roosters he fought that won.I'm thinking how well would they do in the Long knife.He only fight in gaffs most of the time,he has an outstanding record in Sunset.I have a trio of his speckle greys,I'll try to fight them in the Phil & see if they'll win & if they will break high.
Thanks,
Khazimline

casecnan
June 23rd, 2005, 12:09 AM
Try Bobby Fairchild Grey owesome cock!

:rbounce: :rbounce: http://www.geocities.com/whnc_cm_u/casecnan.html

Elhungaro
June 23rd, 2005, 01:43 AM
Someone have the phone number of Boby Fairchild ,I realy interested in teses rooters greys roosters

casecnan
June 27th, 2005, 09:20 AM
As i heared Boby Fairchild Greys trio cost amounting to 1,500 USD plus shipping and other taxes. This is worthy if you got such high breaking and sure cutter greys!

Casecnan

" Life is short! Enjoy Sabong!"
http://www.geocities.com/whnc_cm_u/casecnan.html (http://http://www.geocities.com/whnc_cm_u/casecnan.html)

casecnan
June 27th, 2005, 09:23 AM
This is local version of Boby Fairchild Grey. The Mayor Juancho Aguiree Grey.

Casecnan

http://www.geocities.com/whnc_cm_u/casecnan.html

scythe_g
June 27th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Batchoy Grey coz they are all good in crossing other lines....:rbounce: :teeth: