PDA

View Full Version : Derby Ace Logo

JWPurdy
October 4th, 2003, 08:35 PM
Did anyone notice the Derby Ace gamecock feeds logo has the knife on the right leg?? Ooops.

It reminds me of the story about the poor sales of the automobile made by Chevrolet called "Nova", when they tried to market it in Mexico. Nova means "no go" in spanish...:lol:

Makes you wonder how much experience Derby Ace has in the gamecock nutrition business... :confused:

JWP

JWPurdy
October 4th, 2003, 08:50 PM
After I wrote that sarcastic post, though funny, I felt like it was a little mean.

So, I emailed them and made them aware of the superstitious nature of Sabungeros the world over, and how one may believe the Derby Ace feed would make their roosters fight most with their right legs, becoming losers. I also mentioned that little things, both in the feed business and in the world of cockfighting, make the diference between success and failure.

Now I feel better.

:sprcool:

JWP

Kidd Sentencia
October 4th, 2003, 08:52 PM
Being me aside, I guess they are saying if you feed your cocks with their products, you can give your opp a partida (advantage per se)...as in having your cock armed on the right leg.

:lol:

gensoriano
October 4th, 2003, 08:56 PM
I did not notice it myself. More than likely, the ad company they contracted to make the design is not into this bussiness and just like me, the Derby Ace folks did not notice it themselves. But come to think of it, They might have deliberately put it in the right leg to impress on the consumers that if you use their products, your fowls will be so good that you can fight with a handicap (as it was believed, if you tie the knife in the right leg). he-he-he.

gensoriano

intelemon
October 4th, 2003, 10:13 PM
how about the THB PLATINIUM commercial, it seems that sonny lagon's roosters were gaffed at the right legs. maybe because, just my own opinion, it's a reverse angle shot of the camera. watch UAAP, u'll see the when they show thw replay on the other angle, the left side becomes right side or vice versa of u'r screen.

LUPIN3
October 4th, 2003, 10:44 PM
its the same with posting your thread thru tagalog Forum though you can post it in
chiken talk where english word is only allowed:D

hatchcrusher
October 4th, 2003, 11:44 PM
that's why it was posted here. he he he:lol:

JWPurdy
October 5th, 2003, 02:05 AM
Lupin, you are correct! I'm also incompetent! I had clicked "view new posts" and was viewing a post in the tagalog forum when the banner caught my eye. I investigated the banner, and not paying any attention, I posted here. So, I should just shut up and sneak away... !!:rolleyes:

What was I doing in the Usapang Manok forum when I can't read or write tagalog? Good question. I guess the subject caught my eye. And sometimes there is just enough english thrown in to allow me to guess the writer's meaning...

I'm now going out to pen some stags... I suspect they also are worried about my competence, but they are still trying to act confident.

:lol:

JWP

swackle
October 5th, 2003, 04:59 AM
Well.., it may be the graphic artist fault,
companies hired people to do advertising for them
as long as you can draw or creative enough to make
some eye catching images or logo, will do it.

"wanted graphic artist"
must have cocking experience.

this will be good advantage for our friends here.

donnie
April 26th, 2007, 07:48 AM
ako naman napansin ko yung ads ng enertone bakit hindi tagalog ang pagkakagawa ibig ba sabihin nito karamihan ng gumagamit ng enertone hindi nagsasalita ng tagalog