PDA

View Full Version : Mclanahan

Dwip
March 6th, 2009, 05:54 AM
Does anyone have any info or pictures of this breed? I've heard they're basically half Albany and half Whitehackle, and went into making the Kelso bloodline, and therefore the Sweater as well. I've just never heard much about how they look or perform.

bsecreto
March 6th, 2009, 06:00 AM
I wud also like to know about this blood line because I just recently acquired a mcclanahan brood hen but don't really know the history of the breed. wat bloodline would you use to make an outstanding battlecock? thanks for any info

Mike Everett
March 6th, 2009, 06:02 AM
I've always heard they were Claret/Roundhead, but who knows.

niwrad
March 6th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Does anyone have any info or pictures of this breed? I've heard they're basically half Albany and half Whitehackle, and went into making the Kelso bloodline, and therefore the Sweater as well. I've just never heard much about how they look or perform.
Go to www.Barfarm.com they are the source of mclanahan in the PHILIPPINES...or you can email him at Barfarm@edsamail.com/ph

josato
March 6th, 2009, 06:42 AM
They are Claret x Roundheads set as a family. If you have the real deal; they are awesome in the LK.

ahu_ka3bu
March 6th, 2009, 06:54 AM
yeah Bar farm........

dsgamefowl
March 6th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Yes Roundhead 1/2 and 1/2 Claret, I have produce Dec-Feb Born using Mc Clanahan from BAR Farm

We Cross to Boston Roundheads and Sweaters

bsecreto
March 6th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Yes Roundhead 1/2 and 1/2 Claret, I have produce Dec-Feb Born using Mc Clanahan from BAR Farm

We Cross to Boston Roundheads and Sweaters

Hey if i only have a mc clanahan hen wat breed cock shud i mate it wit to produce a really good battle fowl???

clickfish
March 6th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Hey if i only have a mc clanahan hen wat breed cock shud i mate it wit to produce a really good battle fowl???

democrat, sweater or lemon

bsecreto
March 6th, 2009, 08:38 AM
democrat, sweater or lemon

Is there a reason y u wud choose any of the 3 to breed with a mc clanahan

bsecreto
March 6th, 2009, 08:39 AM
All suggestions r greatly appreciated thank youuu.....

centurius
March 7th, 2009, 01:02 AM
lemon x mc clanahan = brainy and hard hitting just tested in the pit a year ago..try it for yourself

Paz Brey
March 7th, 2009, 01:08 AM
http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p25/bbbrey/27042008343.jpgheres mine!

Paz Brey
March 7th, 2009, 01:10 AM
with miner red hens!http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p25/bbbrey/27042008338.jpg

irishcutt
March 7th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Half Madigan Claret and Half Smith Roundhead is what made the McClanahans. Good solid fowl if you can find the good ones.

mauricir
March 7th, 2009, 02:19 AM
Very smart, excellent cutting and they hit like a mule... Cross with Hatches. Good knife chicken.

claretking
March 7th, 2009, 02:23 AM
i just acquire this kind of bloodline yellowleg.

jcjfarms
March 7th, 2009, 02:58 AM
I also would go with hatch.

pitcrawler
March 7th, 2009, 03:36 AM
Who got the authentic Mclanahan here in US.

bsecreto
March 7th, 2009, 03:55 AM
lemon x mc clanahan = brainy and hard hitting just tested in the pit a year ago..try it for yourself

Thanks you for your suggestion..........

f2gade
March 7th, 2009, 04:28 AM

just cross a claret to a roundhead and bingooo you have an authenthic mclanahan

mel mendoza
March 7th, 2009, 04:48 AM
try Paul Webster

teddysarad
March 7th, 2009, 05:04 AM
mclanahan broodcock

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v680/teddysarad/?action=view&current=IMG_0198.jpg

shanebo
March 7th, 2009, 05:10 AM
I am not sure about authentic, but Paul Webster has some good ones in the states. I received mine here in the PI from San Roque (member of this site) almost 10 years ago and they still carry a good winning percentage in our farm. We show them straight and crossed. I like to cross them to a 2 way cross pullet...Roundhead/Hatch...Roundhead/Kelso...Kelso/Hatch...Lemon/Hatch. When we first started breeding them, we crossed them over Hatch hens/pullets with good results also. All of mine carry atleast a small amount of Hatch, and you can see it in the power and gameness. I would fight ours in any heel, not just LK. Just my thoughts....

bsecreto
March 7th, 2009, 05:36 AM
I am currently breeding my mc clanahan hen to my penny hatch broodcock..... do anyone think this combination can click? any suggestions would really help....

mauricir
March 7th, 2009, 05:47 AM
I am currently breeding my mc clanahan hen to my penny hatch broodcock..... do anyone think this combination can click? any suggestions would really help....

That's exactly how I've seen them bred by Paul Fassoth of California. They can fight!

bsecreto
March 7th, 2009, 06:52 AM
That's exactly how I've seen them bred by Paul Fassoth of California. They can fight!

Thanks for the reply

Graveyard
March 7th, 2009, 10:05 AM

Perfect bro...got it right...u can never go wrong with this combination.;)

hyper
March 7th, 2009, 01:43 PM
uuuupppp....great topic!

bsecreto
February 22nd, 2010, 02:28 AM
hello everyone can anyone give me some details about this bloodline like where it cam from and some traits that it has. I was given a hen that i crossed to my 1/2 YLH and 1/2 Penny Hatch broodcock and i really like the resutls. So far I have 6 brothers of the mating and they all spar very good.

The sons 6 bros
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww35/Bsecreto/2010%20vacation/DSC00693.jpg
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww35/Bsecreto/2010%20vacation/DSC00701.jpg
http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww35/Bsecreto/2010%20vacation/DSC00658.jpg

bsecreto
February 22nd, 2010, 03:04 AM
upppp......................................

cockfighter_199
February 22nd, 2010, 03:32 AM
upppp......................................im not sure the history but those are good looking fowl

bsecreto
February 22nd, 2010, 03:41 AM
im not sure the history but those are good looking fowl

thank you sir....... out of all the matings i did last year when we first started our real backyard farm, these were the ones that impress me the most

elmatt
February 22nd, 2010, 03:41 AM
They are half claret / half roundhead crosses, set as a strain. My dad has had them for about thirty years, with us the best results have been Macs crossed to Brunner roundheads, Saint Claire hatch and greys . They are hard to come by; Iím currently looking for some blood myself to refresh my dadís line. Rob Mullins has some, and I believe Vic and Wayne Gallia also have some, although I donít know if Gallia sells any. I havenít seen his ad in the gamecock for awhile. But, when he did he had and would sell the real deal.

mattakim
April 26th, 2010, 08:26 PM
pure mclanahan is a wine red in color

redmondjoe
April 26th, 2010, 10:04 PM
pure mclanahan is a wine red in colornot all will and you are right they are as you said a cross set as strain they are real smart , game , cross well with any kind of pit leader type chicken. Mr. Harwell in La. had the best ones and he would sell the real deal also I know one man that has them cant give his name i will ask him if he wants it out . if you got the good ones you will love them.

muscledean
May 1st, 2010, 11:04 PM
I was told a Mclanahan was a Claret Roundhead cross.........Coldsteel
im not sure the history but those are good looking fowl

arnel2008
May 2nd, 2010, 05:45 AM
paul webster blood line. my friend told me that he is the one started this line or breed..any body here knows the wholes history of this blood line?

Camarines
May 2nd, 2010, 06:45 AM
Is this the same as the Mc..

CALLAGHAN FOWL

These were originated about 1900 by W. E. Callaghan, of Jackson, Mich. In blood they are the old Billy Lowman Whitehackle stock with an infusion of Claiborne, Grist Grady, Allen Roundhead and Red Quill bloods. These birds have won many important mains throughout Ohio and Michigan, where the greater number of them have been fought by their originator. Cocks run in weight 4.08 to 6.00. They are deep game and have been fought mostly in short heels.

Tweety-Doo
May 2nd, 2010, 07:27 AM
Would this Mcalahan be good for the LK for PI? or do you have to cross it with another family to make it suitable for the LK? Seems like there are only few cockers breeds this birds! and not a wlot of writng about this particular breed here at he sabong posting.... If there are please lets hear from you guys!!!

THANKS

Mike Everett
May 2nd, 2010, 07:29 AM
Avery Mclanahan made the Mclanahans, he was from Texas, developed in the late fourties or early fifties. Claret, Roundheads bloodlines.

felito
May 3rd, 2010, 08:53 AM
I Think An Older Gentleman By The Name Of James Sedija (don't Know If I Spelled It Right) Had Some That Were Suppose To Be The Good Ones. I Think He Was Friends With Shorty Padgett. Jmtc.

Felito

Galapong
May 3rd, 2010, 05:13 PM
Avery Mclanahan made the Mclanahans, he was from Texas, developed in the late fourties or early fifties. Claret, Roundheads bloodlines.

That's right Mike.

Here's the grand dad Mclanahan to my Mclanahan crosses (crossed well with Gull, Griffin & Lacy) I exported him to PI after winning one in US back in 2000 and won 2 more after that, one in Roligon and another in Sinulog Derby.

http://vitruviangamefarm.multiply.com/photos/album/2/Broodstock#photo=8

greycast
May 3rd, 2010, 09:58 PM
That's right Mike.

Here's the grand dad Mclanahan to my Mclanahan crosses (crossed well with Gull, Griffin & Lacy) I exported him to PI after winning one in US back in 2000 and won 2 more after that, one in Roligon and another in Sinulog Derby.

Nice fowl and awesome fight records...magandang broodcock yan bai galapÝng...goodluck on your breeding....

Neil

teddysarad
May 4th, 2010, 02:16 AM
my 2x winner mclanahan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v680/teddysarad/maclanahan.jpg

irishcutt
May 4th, 2010, 03:27 AM
They were/are a cross of Madigan Claret and Smith Roundheads! Made back in the late 30's or early 40's. Avery McClanahan made the first cross of them. The Roundhead were supposedly Allen Roundheads from Armand DeJean of La., He called them Smith roundheads cuz of another man he got them from. It's been beleived that the McClanahan cock was the daddy that made the Original Generals. The cock was walked at a farm where Henry Wortham walked alot of his hens and no one knows the one that was bred to make the first general cock. But there are some folks who still have them but you may wonder if after all these years something to add new blood to them wasnt added?? I know one fella about 20 years ago got some pure Mcclanahan's (?) from a prominent breeder of that line and he got mostly green legged fowl out of the mating..

ahu_ka3bu
May 4th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Mang Ben Rara (BAR FARM) has this Bloodline, Originally came from Paul Webster:)

first_buckle
May 5th, 2010, 12:56 AM
1/2 maclanahan 1/2 df 5k sweater

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt214/blueface27/DSC00974.jpg

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt214/blueface27/kim%20album/r0nappleren1253.jpg

bsecreto
May 9th, 2010, 12:27 PM
my 2x winner mclanahan

Is that pure sir???? just wanted to see how a pure mclanahan would look like

teddysarad
May 9th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Is that pure sir???? just wanted to see how a pure mclanahan would look like
yep..he is an F1 of my import ...

1handkneehigh
May 9th, 2010, 08:55 PM
..They were created by Hill McClanahan of Texas,he had a partner(I can't think of his name now" but the Partner used and fought the Tom Averet RHs and lived in Ok,Hill used his H.H.Moore Clarets and that cross was a success,then the two had a dispute and their partnership ended,,,,,that is why we see two comb types of McClanahans out there,Hill had to breed back to his Claret side and the Ok fella bred back to his RH side..

eatg
May 12th, 2010, 03:53 PM
my 2x winner mclanahan

Wow Ted! That's an awesome looking Mclanahan Rooster!Do you have offspring of this Fowl already?

McClanahan#1
August 3rd, 2010, 10:31 AM
I have invested some time and lots of effort in to this family, and showed them pure and done very good with them, now im getting ready to cross them.I am looking to see if any body can tell me if they owned them and if they did what crosses they tried and how they did with them. thanks for all the feed back guys.

Catfish
August 4th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Mcclanahans--- been a long time since I've heard that. My father used to have that breed when I was a kid, (35 years ago). If I remember right they were straight comb, lemon hackle, yellow legged, some with a white streamer in the tail, tight feathered. At that time we did not show any, but raised them for a man named Hopper from Mississippi. Seems like the best crosses were with Goode grey. Best of luck to you .

McClanahan#1
August 4th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Thanks for all the feed back,,, hope to get more response to this thread...

VMT^Carmen
August 4th, 2010, 11:47 PM
I have invested some time and lots of effort in to this family, and showed them pure and done very good with them, now im getting ready to cross them.I am looking to see if any body can tell me if they owned them and if they did what crosses they tried and how they did with them. thanks for all the feed back guys.
Better when aged,at least 2 moultings. WheN i USED THEM for a friend in Baguio I was not disappointed, we bred them with Asils and Blues and the cutting was exponentially impressive. Sadly, the original stocks were now lost,given away. I hope my friend in Bulacan still keeps them when I COME BACK INTO ..

aprilredtick
August 5th, 2010, 04:08 AM
I have one he is x on velcro real strong and fast medum hi station cant complane .

elmatt
August 5th, 2010, 04:43 AM
Mclanahans, my dadís had them for a number of years (30 or 40 years donít really know). Straight comb, lemon hackle, yellow legged. We usually like to cross them on greys. In fact weíve crossed them on a number of greys and have had good results. Would also recommend roundheads and a good hatch family, the roundhead and hatch crosses are a little more athletic break higher, more roughed. The grey crosses are a little slower, side step a little more and are better cutters. For Philippine shows would recommend a hatch or roundhead cross, because of their athleticism.

Mitch Rose
August 5th, 2010, 04:51 AM
Breed to the regular greys........wont go wrong seen them put W's on the board time after time.....good luck with them

etalok
August 5th, 2010, 06:21 AM

A friend of mine crossed them with kelso, turned out pretty good. I've got a couple in my small yard. I was told by my friend that they have had this bloodline 10 to 15 years ago, they've done really good with McClanahan Kelso crosses. Good luck

McClanahan#1
August 5th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys...i think im going to cross them over to my CECILDAVIS kelso's and Hu Norma Roundheads, and see how i do with them,,Hopefully i see some W's in the board....lol:)

Gameshop
August 5th, 2010, 09:19 PM
Where in MS is Mr Hopper from? I might know him. I know a guy in TN that used them in a gaff. I did not see them fite though. He get rid of it long time ago.

Mcclanahans--- been a long time since I've heard that. My father used to have that breed when I was a kid, (35 years ago). If I remember right they were straight comb, lemon hackle, yellow legged, some with a white streamer in the tail, tight feathered. At that time we did not show any, but raised them for a man named Hopper from Mississippi. Seems like the best crosses were with Goode grey. Best of luck to you .

Catfish
August 6th, 2010, 01:46 AM
Where in MS is Mr Hopper from? I might know him. I know a guy in TN that used them in a gaff. I did not see them fite though. He get rid of it long time ago.

Gameshop-- Walter Hopper Jr. from Ripley, Ms-- he also made gaffs, I haven;t talked to him in a while,

jpogiking
August 7th, 2010, 05:11 AM
MY UNCLE IN CA USED TO FIGHT McCLANAHANS ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO AND MOST OF HIS CROSSED WAS PENNSYLVANIA HATCH/MAcCLANAHAN, AND HIS WINNING PERCENTAGE WAS ABOUT 80 TO 90%

Gameshop
August 7th, 2010, 09:22 AM
Gameshop-- Walter Hopper Jr. from Ripley, Ms-- he also made gaffs, I haven;t talked to him in a while,
I knew him well sir. I dont see any Mclanahans in his yard. When was the last time you were there?

Catfish
August 7th, 2010, 10:43 AM
I knew him well sir. I dont see any Mclanahans in his yard. When was the last time you were there?,
You are correct I believe they were discarded a long time ago. It has been several years since I have talked to Jr. Ask him about his Clarets, especially one they called Wildman. I need to call as I said its been a while and we were pretty close when I was growing up. Gameshop--- where r u located?

Gameshop
August 8th, 2010, 01:07 AM
You are correct I believe they were discarded a long time ago. It has been several years since I have talked to Jr. Ask him about his Clarets, especially one they called Wildman. I need to call as I said its been a while and we were pretty close when I was growing up. Gameshop--- where r u located?
I'm here in PI. How about you. Where are you from? Give Walter a call.

tanyor
August 13th, 2010, 12:50 AM
pls correct me if i'm wrong is mclanahan a crosses of red clarets and roundheads that's why it comes out straight comb, they were very good to fight as cock, tnx

Lenman GF
August 15th, 2010, 01:11 AM
Good day to all, I have an imported McClanahan BC, since m not that familiar with the line, m takin it out... any interested breeder can call me at 09155409900 PI.. more power n God Bless...

TEAM REDFIRE
August 15th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Thanks for all the feedback guys...i think im going to cross them over to my CECILDAVIS kelso's and Hu Norma Roundheads, and see how i do with them,,Hopefully i see some W's in the board....lol:)

Copycat
August 15th, 2010, 01:31 PM
Mclanahan cross to a Miner Blue will produce some descent offspring as well.

Bigtimber
December 21st, 2010, 05:22 AM
Back to the top............................................... .......

akimatt
December 27th, 2010, 05:51 PM
mclanahanxylh
http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz69/akimatt/37762_140604735963286_100000412813879_291937_48254 10_n.jpg

catchfly
March 8th, 2011, 03:15 AM
This is a must for me to research on who has got the good ones, and to obtain in very timely fashion no joke... Anyone please...

OR GALLO
March 8th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Paul Webster had some of the best I've seen. But I don't know who sells any nowadays.

blackdeath
March 8th, 2011, 10:20 AM
to make your own McClanahans get you a Madigan Claret and some Roundheads. the McClanahans that I seen were mean-nasty roosters to handle. I didn't see them all though. the McClanahans were made/set as family from Claret/Roundheads. I don't know who has the actual McClanahans now.

Ed Domingo
March 9th, 2011, 08:37 AM
4 years ago, I purchase a 3 stags from Mr Paul Webster. 1 was a Mclean hatch the 1was a Albany and the last 1 was the Mclanahan. Maclanahan gave me a 3 wins all are in the small derbys In short before he died in the last fight. He had produce some chickens, It was very rare coz he had produce only seven chicken. 2 hens and 5 roasters all won in their fights. 3 of the roasters died winning in the battle 2 was left and still in my farm in Laguna always won in their fights. unluckily 1 hen was left. and I think she had some chick that are newly hatch.

mazda26
March 21st, 2011, 09:03 AM
i cross mine with butchers and had great success

ligas_paka2006
September 2nd, 2011, 05:12 PM
bump...........................................

JaCk/TD
September 2nd, 2011, 05:23 PM
we try in Hatchkelso cross and kelso butcher in succes.

Outlaw greys
September 2nd, 2011, 05:38 PM
My friend had some back in the 90's were tough in the gaff pure and crossed to hatch and blues

ligas_paka2006
September 4th, 2011, 09:14 AM
Paul Webster had some of the best I've seen. But I don't know who sells any nowadays.

pecosvalley
February 1st, 2012, 12:11 AM
just wondering if anybody out there is still breeding mcclanahans. post your pics.

Paz Brey
February 1st, 2012, 12:16 AM
got this one!http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p25/bbbrey/27042008343.jpg

cockfighter_199
February 14th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Want to see more on these

cockfighter_199
February 14th, 2012, 11:54 PM
got this one!http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p25/bbbrey/27042008343.jpg
nice are these birds rh/claret or albany/wh ive heard both?

Paz Brey
February 14th, 2012, 11:57 PM
mine are rh/clarets .been producing awesome cutters!

cockfighter_199
February 15th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Paz that's what i've heard excellent cutters great for the lk

cockfighter_199
February 15th, 2012, 01:43 AM
I've heard alot the McClanahans are good LK birds

Hatch-Mac
February 15th, 2012, 02:40 AM
Ours need to be crossed to more power for gaff, but pure they will kill you stone dead in LK or SK in a couple pittings. Aggressive, very excellent cutters.

cockfighter_199
February 15th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Ours need to be crossed to more power for gaff, but pure they will kill you stone dead in LK or SK in a couple pittings. Aggressive, very excellent cutters.
That's what I've heard about them excellent cutters

elmer s jucutan
February 15th, 2012, 05:55 AM
I had very good results from the Mclanahans I bought from Mr. Ben Rara of BAR farm. I have been using them to cross with lemons and ylh. But I had best results crossing them with kelsos.

cockfighter_199
February 15th, 2012, 07:47 AM
I had very good results from the Mclanahans I bought from Mr. Ben Rara of BAR farm. I have been using them to cross with lemons and ylh. But I had best results crossing them with kelsos.

Is this bar farm in the phillipines

cockfighter_199
February 15th, 2012, 09:29 AM
I was told a Mclanahan was a Claret Roundhead cross.........Coldsteel

Yeah coldsteel that's what I heard ClaretxRoundhead

Grey Rooster
February 15th, 2012, 11:09 AM

The man name was Hill MClanahans from Cleveland, Texas
when he died the left them to Friz Craswell who was around the Houston Area James Fititta Handle for him and got some fo the good ones

Mike Everett
February 15th, 2012, 11:20 AM
The man name was Hill MClanahans from Cleveland, Texas
when he died the left them to Friz Craswell who was around the Houston Area James Fititta Handle for him and got some fo the good ones

Yep, trying to do it from memory again, I missed his first name, should have fact checked....LOL

wildfoot
February 15th, 2012, 11:21 AM
not all will and you are right they are as you said a cross set as strain they are real smart , game , cross well with any kind of pit leader type chicken. Mr. Harwell in La. had the best ones and he would sell the real deal also I know one man that has them cant give his name i will ask him if he wants it out . if you got the good ones you will love them.

Hey bud is Mr. Harwell still around? He has the white macs right? Could you pm me his number. Tnx.

elmer s jucutan
February 15th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Is this bar farm in the phillipines

yes sir, the farm is in cagayan de oro, the owner is Mr. Ben Rara, He has a facebook account so you can contact him there.

elmer s jucutan
February 19th, 2012, 12:16 AM
a pair of mclanahan crosses
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i156/joloasil/IMG_0088.jpg
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i156/joloasil/IMG_0090.jpg

Baby huey
February 19th, 2012, 12:36 AM
to make your own McClanahans get you a Madigan Claret and some Roundheads. the McClanahans that I seen were mean-nasty roosters to handle. I didn't see them all though. the McClanahans were made/set as family from Claret/Roundheads. I don't know who has the actual McClanahans now.

Sir, everyone who has commented about the origin of the maclanahen is almost right. They were madigan claret and roundhead but everyone has said the wrong type of round head. I have the ORIGINAL mclanahen. I got mine from a 4th generation cocker down here in Texas who will NOT sell to any locals. Mine were gifted to me and I had to work my ass off to get them. A single mclanahen cock goes for no less then $750 each.....

Baby huey
February 19th, 2012, 12:45 AM
just wondering if anybody out there is still breeding mcclanahans. post your pics.

Sir, we breed the original mclanahen at our farm. They are aggressive and game till the end. I will take some pics with my phone and post some up.

Baby huey
February 19th, 2012, 01:24 AM
This is a must for me to research on who has got the good ones, and to obtain in very timely fashion no joke... Anyone please...

Sir, if you are serious I have the REAL ones. Got mine from a 4th generation cocker. They have had the same bloodline for over 70 years..... I am so blessed to have the original bloodline of the mclanahen.....

Baby huey
February 19th, 2012, 01:28 AM

We have the original mclanahen at our farm. We have 2 brood cocks left and we are getting more out this year.....

Grey Rooster
February 19th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Here is something that will get everyone going
Kelso Out & Out had Mclanahan bood in them

teddysarad
February 19th, 2012, 01:34 AM
dark color maclanahan

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v680/teddysarad/046.jpg

light side

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v680/teddysarad/042.jpg

Baby huey
February 19th, 2012, 01:35 AM
They are half claret / half roundhead crosses, set as a strain. My dad has had them for about thirty years, with us the best results have been Macs crossed to Brunner roundheads, Saint Claire hatch and greys . They are hard to come by; Iím currently looking for some blood myself to refresh my dadís line. Rob Mullins has some, and I believe Vic and Wayne Gallia also have some, although I donít know if Gallia sells any. I havenít seen his ad in the gamecock for awhile. But, when he did he had and would sell the real deal.

Sir, I went by Wayne's house last week and he has none for sale. He did gift me one though :) we have Wayne's bloodline so you can imagine that we have the realdeal mclanahen. He has had these in his family for years. Lmk if your interested....

Supershamo
February 19th, 2012, 06:55 AM
not sure what yall are calling REAL McClanahans but these were a gift from henry wortham MANY MANY years ago. This is how they look. they will meet you at the end of the tie cord and hit you every chance they get. mean as a pissed off rattlesnake.http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/imgoodatwhatido/other%20fowl/billsMcclanahan.jpg

elmer s jucutan
February 19th, 2012, 08:58 AM
not sure what yall are calling REAL McClanahans but these were a gift from henry wortham MANY MANY years ago. This is how they look. they will meet you at the end of the tie cord and hit you every chance they get. mean as a pissed off rattlesnake.http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/imgoodatwhatido/other%20fowl/billsMcclanahan.jpg

yup, they are mean.too aggressive for my taste so I blend them with lemon and kelso blood.

Baby huey
February 20th, 2012, 07:32 AM
Here is something that will get everyone going
Kelso Out & Out had Mclanahan bood in them

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but mclanahen does not have out and out blood in it.....

gilbertb
February 20th, 2012, 08:43 AM
the correct names are fritz caswell and james sedita. tom averyt and shorty alston also bred mcclanahan fowl. and they come str and pc, dark and lemon. and some of them were a little on the mean side.

bigbird
March 9th, 2012, 12:41 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2vtvfj8.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/9k2cy0.jpg

http://i44.tinypic.com/2128oxi.jpg

My name is Ruben and I have seen that there was talk about McClanahan roosters. Here are some McClanahans that I own

bigbird
March 9th, 2012, 12:44 PM
I just posted some pics of my McClanahan under a new thread. Check them out!

norvasc
March 9th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Are these a line of white hackles?

bigbird
March 9th, 2012, 12:49 PM
No, they are roundhead with claret

bayou city farm
March 9th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Dude they look nothing like mine...

bayou city farm
March 9th, 2012, 01:14 PM
I would like to say that i do.

bigbird
March 9th, 2012, 10:21 PM

I would like to see pictures of what you think are McClanahan roosters. I got mine from Vic and Wayne Galia who fought under Bones Entry and they have had them for over 60 years!

Baby huey
March 9th, 2012, 10:57 PM

I highly doubt you have the real deal!!!!

Baby huey
March 9th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Dude they look nothing like mine...

That's orobtabky cause you don't have the real deal....

Hatch-Mac
March 10th, 2012, 01:29 AM
We have a Mac Broodcock on the March 2003 Feathered Warrior. My Dad got our blood in 1972 from Claude Parish. He owned a sring of hotels on the East Coast, they were gifted to My Dad and Mike Gates they were partners. Mr. Parish fought them in the Orlando Tournaments. There has been alot of battle crosses made in 40 yrs with them. Mostly Hatch/Mac and fought in all heels. Awesome SK, deadly cutters historically. My Dad handed me the reins last year, so I am going to do my best to improve them. Our is 100% Strait Combed Lemon Hackled. I did breed some of John Evans' Mac blood to our hens last year he is from Rio Hondo Tx....that infusion could throw some pea comb. Their Macs you will get 1 out of 10 to come pea comb.
.....disclaimer to all you H$U$ fags this was when legal *******s....

Soul
March 11th, 2012, 01:19 AM
my grandpa a and I were talking about the brood pens of last yeat..and remembered that we had a white legged,red with white feathers...not spangled but had the white feathers mixed with the red ones...he had a wingband that sajd mclannahan..ive seen that there is a breed called like that..but how about the wingband

Soul
March 11th, 2012, 04:07 AM
I wae asking about the wingband not the breed...but since it was moved here I,guess its a mclanahan rooster..anybody seen this wingband..just asking about the wingband..

Small Timer
June 21st, 2012, 05:13 PM
Got my Mclanahan over Cobra Asil right now. The Offspring looks amazing right now. Let you know as they get older.

Hatch-Mac
June 21st, 2012, 10:54 PM
When breeding seson comes again I will be making Albany-Macs and Hatch-Macs

Soul
June 22nd, 2012, 04:57 AM
Let me give it another try...anybody know about a wingband with it saying mclanahan..

brooks83
June 22nd, 2012, 05:36 AM
i have Mclanahans an love them i have them crossed over albanys and kelso's i have them pure also got them direct from sonny poe he breeds alot of them. just talked to him a couple days ago and someone that buys from him bought some and has called wanting more they are very good chickens i am only going to breed them and albanys and kelso's next year

brooks83
June 22nd, 2012, 05:40 AM
if anyone has any question about them you can call me i tell you about there stlye 256 610 3867 and the ones posting about what they are made from claret roundheads

contraptor123
June 22nd, 2012, 07:24 AM
where i can get a mcclanahan here in Texas

Small Timer
June 25th, 2012, 07:39 AM
I got my Mcalanahan's from PattyBoy Herlihy. So I would have the Manziel Mclanahans. I currently have these Mclanahans over 7/8's Cobra Asil, 1/8 Hatch hen's. Also, got them over Radio, Hatch and Coon hens. Albany sounds like a great cross too. I may have to try that Brooks83. My first year with them so I hope it turns out well.

mxtavo
June 26th, 2012, 08:53 AM
out where i stay out a filipino friend use to get some hatch x mclanahan birds absulutely awesome in the mexican shows then rumor has it he bough off the breeders main stock an he started to breeed them here but within 1yr his place got raided an they killed all his birds i only saw they crosses really good birds

Baby huey
February 2nd, 2013, 09:59 AM
where i can get a mcclanahan here in Texas

We have the real deal here in texas straight from bones entry himself!!

Grey Rooster
February 2nd, 2013, 10:22 AM
I would like to see pictures of what you think are McClanahan roosters. I got mine from Vic and Wayne Galia who fought under Bones Entry and they have had them for over 60 years
Contraptor
This is who I was talking about having the real ones
Grey Rooster

BamaOkie
February 2nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
I would like to see pictures of what you think are McClanahan roosters. I got mine from Vic and Wayne Galia who fought under Bones Entry and they have had them for over 60 years
Contraptor
This is who I was talking about having the real ones
Grey Rooster

What yours look like? I have heard bout these 4 years!

Baby huey
February 2nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
I just posted some pics of my McClanahan under a new thread. Check them out!

These are the maclanahan straight from bones entry. This bird was on the yard until we went separate ways....

EPG5 Backyard
February 2nd, 2013, 02:39 PM
I've always heard they were Claret/Roundhead, but who knows.

This is what I read in some article also. Claret/Roundhead and they were a small part of the KELSO strain.

minerblue 1949
February 3rd, 2013, 12:30 PM
My friend got his Mcclanahans from roy string king bingam in Texas. Does anybody know anything about these.

Soul
February 3rd, 2013, 12:34 PM
Let me give it another try...anybody know about a wingband with it saying mclanahan..

bump bump bump..................

Galapong
February 3rd, 2013, 03:11 PM
Bought my Mclanahans from Kinsaul back in 95, 98-99 I shipped some to PI and had the blood until 2008, wish I still have them as they are good blood to cross for the LK. Them and the Gull nicked very well.

teddysarad
February 4th, 2013, 02:15 AM
my mclanahan Broodcock...sabi ng kaibigan kong puti composition daw ito ng Hanky Dean claret x Roundhead

F1 of my mclanahan...3x winner

Galapong
February 4th, 2013, 08:25 PM
my mclanahan Broodcock...sabi ng kaibigan kong puti composition daw ito ng Hanky Dean claret x Roundhead

F1 of my mclanahan...3x winner

Gwapo Teddy.

Here's a photo of my old pair

http://vitruviangamefarm.multiply.com/photos/album/2/Broodstock#photo=8[/URL]

TXGREY
February 4th, 2013, 10:05 PM
I have been looking for some McClanahans here in Texas, but have had no luck.

Hatch-Mac
February 4th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Im in East Texas, we had Macs for 40 yrs.

alatinteacher
February 7th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Hatch-Mac, do you sell your McClanahans? PM me your number to contact U?

TXGREY
February 7th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Hatch-Mac
I am interested in some if you sell any. Shoot me a PM. I tried to send you one, but your box is full.

Baby huey
February 8th, 2013, 08:58 AM

We're in south texas. Been having mclanahan blood for many years!!