PDA

View Full Version : Mugs

Pages : [1] 2

LuvOfDaGame
October 8th, 2004, 06:14 AM
IVE JUST RECENTLY BOUGHT A BLACKMUG ROOSTER AND I REALY DONT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE BLACK MUG BLOODLINE .IS THIS A BLOOD LINE AT ALL ?I DONT SEE NE INFO NE WHERE ABOUT THIS BLOOD LINE. IF NE ONE CAN HELP ME OUT ID APPRECIATE IT.

THX,
luvofdagame
southrnchrmr@aol.com

pax111
October 8th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Hi:

Mugs are a very old established family. They tend to be very fast and accurate cutters. Most solid black mugs tend to be Racey mugs. There are some other families: Aldrige, Kent and maybe Wilson. Hatch/mug crosses tend to do very well.

Best of luck

micheal
October 9th, 2004, 11:27 AM
well i dont know about any of my family raising game fowl besides me but my family is so big it wouldn't surprise me if that aldridge who bred that line of mugg is part of my family. i know that aldrich made the mugwumps is this who you mean

ligas_paka2006
August 28th, 2006, 01:05 PM
anymore info would be appreciated

greenlegs
August 28th, 2006, 02:26 PM
i cant recall the man's name who started the mugwumps but it is said that he got tired of maintaining so many different families so he took 11 proven hens some blue some spangled, black etc and his best proven brood cock and started pen mating them together mugs are the only black roosters whose gameness i personally have reason to trust mine cut and are smart with enough speed to make people go awww and before they go to dying they always give or try to give one last head shot i love em

VCG Tanto
August 28th, 2006, 03:45 PM
My uncle crossbred his charlie karr racy mugs to larry romero's sweater, perfect killing machines!!!!! whooped abello's fowl trained by Roxas brothers of Tarlac, if I remember right they have a 90% winning percentage. speed, cutting, in fighting name it they got it except the looks!!:D

canadian kelso
August 29th, 2006, 08:35 AM
you win or loss with them,they are breed for speed and the bottom.
They shuffle really hard but they lack brains they fight at close quarters.
Mugs are best for short knife and longknife. Some people show them on gaff but they added hatch/whitechackles for gameness.

tedbar
August 30th, 2006, 12:47 PM
the best mugs i've known here in the phi is from Mr. Leo Delsinado of the visayas..we had this line for almost 15 yrs now, and they are still winning..great power and cutting..fight them in stag derbies..

brownred30
August 30th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Try Oscar Akins of Bull Run farm I heard he had some good mugs, they are the Old Kent mugs.

greenlegs
August 30th, 2006, 03:07 PM
All of Bull Run roosters are good, good at filling up a dead barrel

oldenglishgame
April 8th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Is there any Muggs breeder in the Philippines? how is it going?what's the best crosses for this kind of bloodline? any input would very much appreciated...

Friend In Sport,
oldenglishgame

expressdelivery
April 9th, 2008, 01:36 AM
try the richard kelly coal miner mugs
there are some breeders that got and breed this line
in the philippines

oldenglishgame
April 9th, 2008, 05:45 AM
expressdelivery,

sir,thanks for the info,any contact persons who breeds this kind of bloodline in the philippines?

friend in sport,
oldenglishgame

try the richard kelly coal miner mugs
there are some breeders that got and breed this line
in the philippines

oldenglishgame
April 10th, 2008, 04:13 AM
muggs?

any info?

oldenglishgame

CIGAR
April 10th, 2008, 05:46 AM
look at marks mugs dont know anything about them other than he sells out of gc mag.... cigar

james wolf
April 10th, 2008, 07:23 AM
i fight velcro muggs

EAA Indians
April 10th, 2008, 01:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUCvCnOpzew

sparring video - Pure Kent Mug against B Barnett Sweater

The Alabama breeder (MF) crosses the Kent Mug with the Hatch and has won the prestigious Texoma 7-C Shows two times (SK and LK). If you are interested, please PM me and I can connect you to the breeder.

oldenglishgame
April 10th, 2008, 05:42 PM
CIGAR,

thanks for your info.

friend in sport,
oldenglishgame

look at marks mugs dont know anything about them other than he sells out of gc mag.... cigar

oldenglishgame
April 10th, 2008, 05:48 PM
james wolf,

good day to you sir,how is it going? more input please,if you wouldn't mind me asking?

friend in sport,
oldenglishgame

i fight velcro muggs

oldenglishgame
April 10th, 2008, 06:02 PM
EAA Indians,

good day to you sir, nice spar.
you've got pm.

friend in sport,
oldenglishgame

http://www.youtube.com/user/eaaindians1

the video is a Pure Kent Mug and B Barnett Sweater

The Alabama breeder (MF) crosses the Kent Mug with the Hatch and has won the prestigious Texoma 7-C Shows two times (SK and LK). If you are interested, please PM me and I can connect you to the breeder.

james wolf
April 10th, 2008, 06:38 PM
oldenglish game, the original breeder of the velcros sent me a velcromug (50/50) & told me to breed to the pure black velcro, the offspring were very good. from dwayne lucas i got a pure mug broodcock (cross between 2 diff mugs, william middaughs & his), from the original crossed hens from william middaugh & this mugg broodcock fighting a velcromug (1/4 mug is excellent).

ralvidrez1
April 12th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Marks Mugs are the best mugs I ever owned they are complete don't need nothing they have everything

oldenglishgame
April 13th, 2008, 07:22 AM
james wolf,

thanks for the reply sir,so dwayne lucas and william middaughs got their pure mugs? am just wondering what's the baselines of these mugs,and their fightingskills coz i want to cross it with my baselines you see.

your friend in sport,
oldenglishgame

oldenglish game, the original breeder of the velcros sent me a velcromug (50/50) & told me to breed to the pure black velcro, the offspring were very good. from dwayne lucas i got a pure mug broodcock (cross between 2 diff mugs, william middaughs & his), from the original crossed hens from william middaugh & this mugg broodcock fighting a velcromug (1/4 mug is excellent).

oldenglishgame
April 13th, 2008, 07:24 AM
ralvidrez1,

thanks for the info sir, do you have any number of Marks Mugs?

your friend in sport,
oldenglishgame

Marks Mugs are the best mugs I ever owned they are complete don't need nothing they have everything

romo1409
April 14th, 2008, 02:26 AM
I acquired a pair of pure coal miner mugs direct from Richard KELLY BACK IN 1997. I still breed them for personal use. The males always come jet black & the females every once in a while come white with a speckled of black on the tips of feathers. They cross real well with Mclean hatch.

Camarines
April 15th, 2008, 05:31 AM
ralvidrez1,

thanks for the info sir, do you have any number of Marks Mugs?

your friend in sport,
oldenglishgame
His website is somewhere on the Chicken Talk thread.

Here I found it www.marksmugs.com

expressdelivery
April 15th, 2008, 06:26 AM
bilis ng paa nya sa draw
pag ma cross pa ito sa mainam na sweater
mas gagaling pa ito

http://www.youtube.com/user/eaaindians1

the video is a Pure Kent Mug and B Barnett Sweater

oldenglishgame
April 15th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Camarines,

thank you very much for your big help,i'll check this site.

all the best to you.

your friend in sport,
oldenglishgame

His website is somewhere on the Chicken Talk thread.

Here I found it www.marksmugs.com (http://www.marksmugs.com)

oldenglishgame
April 15th, 2008, 06:29 PM
romo1409,

how's it going as a stag?

your friend in sport,
oldenglishgame

I acquired a pair of pure coal miner mugs direct from Richard KELLY BACK IN 1997. I still breed them for personal use. The males always come jet black & the females every once in a while come white with a speckled of black on the tips of feathers. They cross real well with Mclean hatch.

romo1409
April 15th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I have not tried fighting them while they are stags. I like fighting them at the age of 2 or older. They break high and has alot of bottom.

oldenglishgame
April 18th, 2008, 06:00 AM
romo1409,

good day to you sir, is there any video of these? can you pm me your farm location please,i'll be there next month if you wouldn't mind?

your friend in sport,
oldenglishgame

I have not tried fighting them while they are stags. I like fighting them at the age of 2 or older. They break high and has alot of bottom.

oldenglishgame
May 17th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Friend In Sport,

update please.

oldenglishgame

lexlavin32
May 17th, 2008, 08:42 PM
bilis ng paa nya sa draw
pag ma cross pa ito sa mainam na sweater
mas gagaling pa ito

boss esgar, mas mainam pa po ba kay isa white legged nurse mo? she seems a real good shuffler. ganda naman nyan !!!

barenahan
May 17th, 2008, 10:34 PM
:D awesome blacks!!!!!!!!!!!!

oldenglishgame
June 12th, 2008, 08:35 PM
anymore info?

your friend in sport,
olenglishgame

palakaya
June 12th, 2008, 10:01 PM
hello....oldenglisgame

My uncle in aklan is now breeding mugs and we will test it this stag season.. I sent him mugs from a friend in Gensan.they got their mugs from a Bacolod Breeder. It became famous in Gensan.. they called it "batman".We tried it in stag derby in Gensan and won champion 3 stag derby using all mugs...our lst fight won with out a scratch... some of it won up o 3 to 4 times...

in Gensan they dont breed it anymore because....because its off color..its not sellable and its blood compositiob is"lasaw" already...hehehe, but i continued it and asked my uncle to line breed it...hope it works....

Il ask my friend what kind of mug is it.....and maybe post it tomorrow..

CCFT

oldenglishgame
June 15th, 2008, 11:43 PM
palakaya,

thanks for the info.

your friend in sport.
oldenglishgame

hello....oldenglisgame

My uncle in aklan is now breeding mugs and we will test it this stag season.. I sent him mugs from a friend in Gensan.they got their mugs from a Bacolod Breeder. It became famous in Gensan.. they called it "batman".We tried it in stag derby in Gensan and won champion 3 stag derby using all mugs...our lst fight won with out a scratch... some of it won up o 3 to 4 times...

in Gensan they dont breed it anymore because....because its off color..its not sellable and its blood compositiob is"lasaw" already...hehehe, but i continued it and asked my uncle to line breed it...hope it works....

Il ask my friend what kind of mug is it.....and maybe post it tomorrow..

CCFT

94BLOCK
June 16th, 2008, 02:39 AM
uchee pines racey mugs. located in missouri

gamekok
June 16th, 2008, 02:40 AM
don't know about his muggs, on his website some radio's look to be white legged... if i needed muggs....alabama and tenn is where i'd look.....jmo

oldenglishgame
June 16th, 2008, 03:20 AM
94BLOCK,

any website or telephone number?

thanks for the info.

your friend in sport,
oldenglishgame

uchee pines racey mugs. located in missouri

oldenglishgame
June 16th, 2008, 03:22 AM
gamekok,

sir, can we have his website if you don't mind?

your friend in sport,
oldenglishgame

don't know about his muggs, on his website some radio's look to be white legged... if i needed muggs....alabama and tenn is where i'd look.....jmo

oldenglishgame
June 22nd, 2008, 04:22 AM
anymore inputs.

your friend in sport,
oldenglishgame

94BLOCK
June 23rd, 2008, 02:30 AM
jim gregg
417-357-6562

marcusrn
June 23rd, 2008, 06:55 AM
how about john marks at marksmugs.com of texas ? there are some good testimonials on his site. the pictures of his mugs look good too.

marcusrn
June 23rd, 2008, 06:58 AM
or mr kelley of brookwood, al. unless you are him already, lol. he advertises old english and irish type fowl.

marcusrn
June 23rd, 2008, 07:00 AM
oops, these are not breeders in the phils.

mckurt
March 6th, 2009, 05:02 AM
anyone has tried here crossing their sweaters to black mugs? shud this cross add brain to black mugs, coz my mugs seems to rush and shuffle front to their opponent most of the time. any inputs.

tnx
mckurt

mckurt
March 6th, 2009, 05:24 AM
any experience on this cross?

RockwellGF
March 6th, 2009, 06:01 AM
All of Bull Run roosters are good, good at filling up a dead barrel

i have some mugs from oscar and they are good at putting opponets in the dead barrel. Oscar has some of the best chickens around. he won the world championship once and won 11 out of 12 twice but was beat out by a 12 and 0 score. while it was held at mid-america not bayou club. (i think it was tougher at mid america.) in conclusion, oscars roosters are good but whether he lets you have good ones is the dilema.

mckurt
March 6th, 2009, 06:11 AM
i have some mugs from oscar and they are good at putting opponets in the dead barrel. Oscar has some of the best chickens around. he won the world championship once and won 11 out of 12 twice but was beat out by a 12 and 0 score. while it was held at mid-america not bayou club. (i think it was tougher at mid america.) in conclusion, oscars roosters are good but whether he lets you have good ones is the dilema. very impressive, is he using most of this mugs roosters for his derbies? tnx

hanes
March 6th, 2009, 08:52 AM
as of now i'm breeding a blackmug broodhen mate with dirty grey hoping i could produce a good one.

hanes
March 6th, 2009, 08:55 AM
http://images.drbfarm.multiply.com/image/30/photos/20/500x500/7/DSC-0161.JPG?et=Zy%2Cpbyge86oTf1Wg8v5QTw&nmid=166974603

broodcock dirty grey and broodhen blackmug

kuly_gigglian
March 6th, 2009, 12:17 PM
im breding chocolate grey black velcro hen hop it works

shotgungiro915
August 1st, 2010, 12:37 PM
whats up everyone new to the game but i crossed coal miner mug cock to penny hatch hen and all four stags won in hack fight s/k though:)

lurena
August 1st, 2010, 01:13 PM
whats up everyone new to the game but i crossed coal miner mug cock to penny hatch hen and all four stags won in hack fight s/k though:)
You have to cross them with hatch or else they are crap. We had the Racey Mug fowl and they sulk in the shortknife. They lack power and stop fighting. They are fast though.

Matt Dunne
August 1st, 2010, 02:49 PM
Am just wondering why this thread is continuing when the person who started this is no longer a member and by the sounds of the first post has no idea about cocking. hE SAID HE JUST BROUGHT A BLOODLINE AND IS NOW ASKING INFO ABOUT IT.

Cheers

shotgungiro915
August 2nd, 2010, 03:57 AM
lurena if you don't mind me asking what else did you try crossing the mugs with. cause my cross came out great but looking for better cross thanks for your help

gallodeoro
August 2nd, 2010, 05:47 AM
Luvofthegame!

The original mugwump fowl were know to be very game exellent cutters, very smart well rounded fowl (a combination of power speed type fowl) they were breed mostly to be off colored fowl showing plenty of blue, blue-black, black, blue-spangle colors. that was probably about 50-70 years ago. How the a family is perpetuated today that has been up to ea person that continues to breed such family.

Dont mean to be disresfectulff, but my advise is to Forget about names and breed top quality fowl. Names were used only to distinguish the places, lineages or person who breed them. most of them (famous old time breeders) didnt breed names or pure fowl they breed top quality fowl. they culled hard and showed only the best. about your inquiry. I dont know how much experience you got inthe gamefowl bussiness. assuming that you do are mid-experienced then just judge the fowl for what it is. not for the name. Nowadays. a black rooster lets say a solid black rooster can/could be named black mug, black bonanaza, black shuffler, black sid, or what ever name the basic rule is "is he a top quality individual" then go ahead and show him or breed him to similar hens if not dont waiste your time, money, etc on a name of mediocre fowl regaldless of the name

Jorge
GalloDeOro@aol.com

I been given in the past several bloodlines with names. at our farm we continue to breed them as they were given to us. some other lines we added a line to improve them to our standards. I do have a family of fowl that are heavy of mug blood (look at my gallery) but also you will see the differences in our breeding program.

JGB_GameFarm
August 3rd, 2010, 04:21 AM
Here is a Richard Kelley Black Mug sparring against one of our greys.

http://jsantos007.multiply.com/video/item/18/JGB_Grey_-_Mug_

hope you like him.

Juan Santos

here are pictres of him

http://jsantos007.multiply.com/photos/album/11/Black#photo=1

mckurt
August 4th, 2010, 05:27 PM
here's my orig black mug BC

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h14/pitshock/my%20pets%20compilation%202010/DSC_2204.jpg

His son when cross to greyhatch..
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h14/pitshock/my%20pets%20compilation%202010/DSC_2196.jpg

tnx

CALVIN2
August 4th, 2010, 08:45 PM
Wilson Mugs from Mr. Frank Harvey South Carolina ,black with lemon hackles, they are smart ,fast and game the only mugs I have seen worth breeding ,I raise a few don't sell any.

Bigtimber
December 21st, 2010, 05:04 AM
Back to the top for those muff fowl

freebird87
December 21st, 2010, 10:31 PM
Redline Farms has muggs. I think they are the old racey blood. He posted some pic. before the computer problems. Richard Kelly also has muggs. Glad they got it back up and running.

stampeders
December 23rd, 2010, 10:40 AM
Marksmug advertises his on Gamecock mags or check it on MARKSMUG.COM but i don't have his mug.

regs_213
January 7th, 2011, 03:04 PM
my black butcher x muggs

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq9/joriz_photo/Photo0641.jpg

BlackhammerFarm
January 8th, 2011, 12:09 AM
anyone know what Richard Kelly charges for a good rooster?

cody
January 11th, 2011, 04:14 AM
okay I posted here a while back about getting back in gamefowl and such well I finally found a guy who had what I was looking for, I'm getting a trio of greys, a trio of leipher hatch and a trio of mugs. first time with mugs y'all know anything about them? any good for short knife? thank you guys also how many chicks you think I could get out of them hens using incubator and letting the
m sit? thanks, cody

Jessybullard
January 11th, 2011, 02:52 PM
I was wondering about marks mugs. I want to purchase a trio but are they worth it? Are they good to cross?

lansford101
January 11th, 2011, 03:14 PM
there jun brah had um and so did a bunch of my friends

Jessybullard
January 12th, 2011, 02:41 AM
Were they worth anything. Were they good in knife or gaff.

lansford101
January 12th, 2011, 03:50 AM
they r ok but kinda junk to me

Jessybullard
January 12th, 2011, 04:30 AM
Are they good to cross with. I want to cross them with my warhorses. I was thinking of purchasing some this weekend. The ones u seen were they pure or crossed?

MILLPOND
January 12th, 2011, 07:50 AM
anybody else got any input .... they sure are pretty to look at but does anybody here
have any first hand experience with them ? Somebody help this fellow before he drops
his cash !!!!

Jessybullard
January 12th, 2011, 08:51 AM
I wish some one would bc I'm seriously thinking about forgetting marks mugs and buy some pinnion hatch or some of there white kelsos.

shotgungiro915
January 16th, 2011, 09:06 AM
just my opinion but i love mugs and their cross, i crossed my penny hatch cock to my coal miner mug hen came out fantastic for me great as stags but better as 2 year olds

B&B fowl
January 30th, 2011, 08:37 AM
Hi just wanting to hear some opinions on the best mug crosses. What works best for u and in what gaff, sk, lk. All answers and opinions will be appreciated. For me sweater mcquinnis blueface crosses good.

B&B fowl
January 30th, 2011, 10:14 AM
bringing back up to the top again..

B&B fowl
January 30th, 2011, 10:41 AM
alot of views but no post..

Nortacs
January 30th, 2011, 10:58 AM
mugs got cold blood in them.. is this true?

DT farms
January 30th, 2011, 02:25 PM
I dont know what type of blood u got but I put my hatch over my old wilson mug hen, very good cutters

B&B fowl
January 31st, 2011, 09:35 AM
Everyone i know thats had real mugs and not crosses have allways liked them. They are fast, game and cutting birds if u get good ones. Usually cross good over hatch or grey

B&B fowl
January 31st, 2011, 09:40 AM
I have racey mugs.

I dont know what type of blood u got but I put my hatch over my old wilson mug hen, very good cutters

UNDERGROUNDPERF
January 31st, 2011, 09:57 AM

Don't know who's blood that would be...!!!!!!.....

This video is 1/2 Racey Mug Import 1/4 SW grey 1/4 Texas Black Traveler

2009 http://www.youtube.com/user/reginastark08#p/u/7/DwpkyeN6yVk

Another from 2010 http://www.youtube.com/user/reginastark08#p/u/5/u8f45zNAQz4

1/2 R Mug 1/2 Huron Grey

http://www.youtube.com/user/reginastark08#p/u/5/u8f45zNAQz4

Greetings from Manila P.I. where cock fighting is legal!!!!!

JB

Nortacs
January 31st, 2011, 11:20 AM
Don't know who's blood that would be...!!!!!!.....

This video is 1/2 Racey Mug Import 1/4 SW grey 1/4 Texas Black Traveler

2009 http://www.youtube.com/user/reginastark08#p/u/7/DwpkyeN6yVk

Another from 2010 http://www.youtube.com/user/reginastark08#p/u/5/u8f45zNAQz4

1/2 R Mug 1/2 Huron Grey

http://www.youtube.com/user/reginastark08#p/u/5/u8f45zNAQz4

Greetings from Manila P.I. where cock fighting is legal!!!!!

JB
I don't think you understand what I mean.. Anyway, nice wins.. Keep them
Coming..

KNIFEROOSTER
January 31st, 2011, 11:21 AM
Mugs are great fast cutters ,from any angle they cross very well over good hatch ,I have mexican friend in Guanajuato Mexico win two derbys las year with Hatch/Mug most of the wins were over nice long legged sweaters and sweater croses .

gallero530
March 21st, 2011, 04:34 AM
Racey Mugs? are they game? or just a Mug pure? if there is that i like the style of the bird just not sure if there game enough? any answers?
thanks- gallero530

cockfighter_199
March 21st, 2011, 06:14 AM
what about marks mugs anyone raise them

stillbreaking
March 21st, 2011, 06:58 AM
what about marks mugs anyone raise them i got some broodfowl from him just over a year ago ,have several nice stags about 12 to 14 months old out of them , i can tell you the mr marks is a real nice guy easy to talk to ,haven/t had them long enuf to know all i want to about them but they are lookers very pretty and uniform some of the best looking blacks i have seen .and time will tell about the other questions that i have about them;) fis stillbreaking

cockfighter_199
March 21st, 2011, 08:08 AM
alright thanks man appreciate it

stillbreaking
March 21st, 2011, 11:01 AM
alright thanks man appreciate it
as a matter of fact i got a few extra pullets from last season that i will let go of if somebody/s looking for some , they have already threw off there chicks and laying again fis stillbreaking

gallero530
March 21st, 2011, 04:14 PM
ummm anyone else help me?

EAA Indians
March 22nd, 2011, 01:17 AM
Kent Mug.... We are starting to reduce farm inventory. PM me if you need some breeding trios. These Kent Mug-St. Clair hatch won at Oklahoma 7-Cock Hawaiian Derby twice.

cheers.....eaa

Bob. L.
May 29th, 2011, 02:13 PM
My uncle had his original mugs that were aquired in 1964, but that family is gone. Does anyone fool with mugs anymore? I don't hear to much about them and I really liked them.
Thanks

808kelso
May 29th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Richard Kelley coal miners mugs he has them for sometime now they can hold there own.

UNDERGROUNDPERF
May 29th, 2011, 07:47 PM
There still a going thing in some circles... Muggs to be had are a wanted item in my book.

http://www.youtube.com/user/reginastark08#p/u/4/ssCSxzaClxs

Outlaw greys
May 29th, 2011, 11:43 PM
Yea my friend just won a derby with his hatch/ muggs last week im gettin a pure hen to put under my hatch cock their still awesome as ever

Forgiven
May 30th, 2011, 01:35 AM
http://sabong.net.ph/forum/picture.php?albumid=210&pictureid=3636

Pure Richard Kelley Stag

Forgiven
May 30th, 2011, 01:40 AM
http://sabong.net.ph/forum/picture.php?albumid=210&pictureid=3442

Pure Richard Kelley Stag

Forgiven
May 30th, 2011, 01:45 AM
http://sabong.net.ph/forum/picture.php?albumid=210&pictureid=3889

Pure Richard Kelley Pullets

Bob. L.
May 30th, 2011, 02:58 AM
Very nice pics, the pullets is what are old mug hen use to look like. Big straight comb and black as can be.

Joealex
May 30th, 2011, 03:04 AM
i love mugs! im going to buy a pure racy mugg hen !

Wildfire73
May 30th, 2011, 03:07 AM
Really nice looking black fowl I wish I could find some to raise

Forgiven
May 30th, 2011, 03:11 AM
http://sabong.net.ph/forum/picture.php?albumid=210&pictureid=3637

Daddy to all the above, direct from Richard Kelley.

Bob. L.
May 30th, 2011, 03:39 AM
I am interested in finding a mug pullet myself
Thanks
Bob

Wildfire73
May 30th, 2011, 05:10 AM
I would be interested.. I have been looking for some black fowl

Joealex
May 30th, 2011, 05:44 AM
may i ask what these richard kelly mugs are known for??

steel magnolia
May 30th, 2011, 06:44 AM
may i ask what these richard kelly mugs are known for??

he has sent them all over the chicken world! they are big, strong, tall and healthy fowl. i have known richard since 1995 and am proud to call him my friend. i think he has a website now.

UNDERGROUNDPERF
May 30th, 2011, 06:54 AM
I got mine from Georgia. See Mr. Jerry Lows. I infuse him to many differant breeds and am successful in RGBA & BAKBAKAN NATIONALS also with them crossed.

james a
May 30th, 2011, 08:31 AM
I got mine from Georgia. See Mr. Jerry Lows. I infuse him to many differant breeds and am successful in RGBA & BAKBAKAN NATIONALS also with them crossed.If you want you can look at my profile i have my old mug brood cock on it.

UNDERGROUNDPERF
May 30th, 2011, 08:44 AM
Jerry has some real nice Greys & if blended with his CGH or BF hatch are beasts of destruction..

Bob. L.
May 30th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Sorry I cleaned it ready to go

kawika
May 30th, 2011, 09:22 AM
MARKS MUGGS
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m613/TIGERCLAWGAMEFARM/DSC01301.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m613/TIGERCLAWGAMEFARM/DSC01304.jpg
http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m613/TIGERCLAWGAMEFARM/DSC01268.jpg

blackdeath
May 30th, 2011, 09:43 AM
Do Richard's Mugs doing well in the SK?

drycreek
May 30th, 2011, 10:59 AM
can anyone give me information on the mugs from walter g hall

drycreek
May 30th, 2011, 11:17 AM
can anyone give me information on walter g hall mugs

blackdeath
May 30th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Do Richard's Mugs doing well in the SK?
anyone?

ripley combine
May 30th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Jerry douglas of collinsville,oklahoma had the racey mugs. Bob clingerman has the canadian mugs he lives in witchita kansas. Both had good mugs. Good luck my friends. Yfis charlie

Forgiven
June 1st, 2011, 10:24 AM
http://sabong.net.ph/forum/picture.php?albumid=210&pictureid=3909

PURE MUG TRIO

Asilish1
June 1st, 2011, 10:50 AM
Got some Walter G. Hall Mugs with a dash of Black McRae in them. I really like them.

Joealex
June 1st, 2011, 10:58 AM
http://sabong.net.ph/forum/picture.php?albumid=210&pictureid=3909

PURE MUG TRIOvery nice Forgiven!

gallodeoro
June 1st, 2011, 01:05 PM
I Know Richard Kelley since 1995 or so (Like Steel Magnolia said). Im proud to call him friend. since day one he has been very honest. his fowl are very good honest fowl. He is know for his Mugs and they are second to none. his web page is

www.coalminermugs.com

Jorge
GalloDeOro@aol.com

bob clingerman
June 24th, 2011, 06:05 AM
Jerry douglas of collinsville,oklahoma had the racey mugs. Bob clingerman has the canadian mugs he lives in witchita kansas. Both had good mugs. Good luck my friends. Yfis charlie

Hi to all and to those interested in the canadian mugs.You can get a hold me at 316 519 2429.Im in kansas and still have the mugs.

bob clingerman
June 24th, 2011, 06:11 AM
Hi, for those inerested in these mugs you can get a hold of me at 316 519 2429.

HatchGrey57
July 15th, 2011, 01:17 PM
Im looking for some good mug fowl in the states. Was looking into Walter G Hall Mugs? Any input

JGB_GameFarm
July 15th, 2011, 02:03 PM
I think the best Mug breeder in the states is Mr. Richard Kelley. he breeds other very good breeds but the mugs are his favorites and 70% of what he raises are mugs, so I think he will be the first to come in mind for that particular family

http://www.coalminermugs.com/breeds/mug/#more-8

Hope this helps

Juan Santos

gallodeoro
July 15th, 2011, 02:39 PM
I definitelly agree with Juan. Richard is a very good friend. his mugs are second to none. his family of mug fowl is the base of my dark legged blue henny line.

Jorge
GalloDeOro@aol.com

rocklee
July 15th, 2011, 02:41 PM
I also agree lol he's got his from a good reliable source and have all the characteristics. Hope all is good Jorge

HatchGrey57
July 15th, 2011, 03:48 PM
What is the fighting style?

McDaddyMcrae808
July 15th, 2011, 04:14 PM
I got me a mug pair today and they are the blue mugs, dark eyes and black legs and they are the Raceys, this guy I bought it from won many shows with them crossed to his mcraes, so im gonna do the same as well.

gallodeoro
July 15th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Hey! Rocklee

How is gong? I haven talk to you in quite some time. send me an email!

Jorge
GalloDeOro@aol.com

Dinky Mug
July 16th, 2011, 02:35 AM
I think the best Mug breeder in the states is Mr. Richard Kelley. he breeds other very good breeds but the mugs are his favorites and 70% of what he raises are mugs, so I think he will be the first to come in mind for that particular family

http://www.coalminermugs.com/breeds/mug/#more-8

Hope this helps

Juan Santos

Senior gracias for sharing this info, i love the Mugs ;)

rocklee
July 16th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Will do Jorge. Don't. Know who has the best but Richards mugs gotta but up there.

Dyan Agustin
October 10th, 2011, 12:13 AM
G FARM
GAMEFOWL.. anybody tried this mug lines?

j007
October 10th, 2011, 08:11 PM
Been long time back prob close to 15 years but I got some BlueBlack Mugs from Walter Hall used them in LG didnt have as much bottom as I liked still did good anyway had three of them up put another odd cock belonged to my partner and we took them to Hickory in LA put them in a 4 cock LK derby won 2 with the Mugs lost the odd bird called back up for the guy going for the money we won that one with the last mug.I didnt keep them but they was really good in LK.

redlinefarms
October 11th, 2011, 07:18 PM
I`ve got a few pairs of Mugs for sale. I`m cutting back on some of my brood pens. They are good birds, but feed prices are going up. I have to many brood pens, and some have got to go. So i decided to get rid of all my off colored fowl. If intrested,or have any questions pm me.

RS91
February 8th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Who sells good black Mugs from Georgia?

Kelso13
February 11th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Beth and Rodger Davis have some good birds

howe
February 18th, 2012, 07:01 AM
I have a family of racey mug that have been bred for the gaff I would like to make crosses for sk they are a very solid game family does anyone have experience with mug crosses for this type of competition?

PINOY420*
February 18th, 2012, 07:23 AM
i had a mug crossed on leiper hatch. he did well in s/k. he could turn the fan on!!!!

howe
February 18th, 2012, 07:28 AM
I have some good democrats and albany to thought I would try them been breeding 3/4 mug 1/4 gray they do real well

Small Timer
February 18th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Mugs to Blue Face Hatch would work well. Good luck this season folks.

howe
February 18th, 2012, 08:14 AM
any experience with albanys

brownred kelso
February 18th, 2012, 08:19 AM
1/4 kent mug 1/4 wingate brownred 1/2 kearney whitehackle. would be a good place to start,,,,BRK

POOKELA
February 18th, 2012, 08:57 AM
my buddy up south crosses them on his sids,talk about some kick azz birds...

gaff
February 18th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I have some good democrats and albany to thought I would try them been breeding 3/4 mug 1/4 gray they do real well
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/Gaff001/PIC_0124.jpg
This is my buddies 3/4 mug 1/4 blue face. This picture from 2008. Mostly gaff back in the day but sk also.

howe
February 19th, 2012, 01:48 AM
nice looking birds I like the small head I plan to try this cross I bred some of these a couple years back but they all killed each other on the yard at about 3 months i think the 1/4 hatch will be good. Im anxious to try the houston albanys I have to these birds have all been to the old springbrook pit when marvin ran it

Gamecocker91
February 19th, 2012, 02:02 AM
i like my brownreds with 1/4 yellow legged hatch in them, they were good for all weapons back when legal..

SouthTXRed
February 19th, 2012, 02:03 AM
I like my Mugs crossed with NRH, Lieper, and kelso. For me imo these are exceptional fowl when crossed to those breeds. Like I said this is strictly for my preferences, somebody else may not like them.

L~n~C Combine
February 19th, 2012, 03:39 AM
I notice you mention a three way cross BK. now personally I have always made three way crosses myself but you hear a lot of people that say it's a big no-no when breeding gamefowl. Personally I think you can get very well balanced crosses this way and as always you take the chance of a "nick" either it is or it ain't whether it be two or three way crosses. Sorry to get off topic but btw try hatch on top of mug for the SK

howe
February 19th, 2012, 04:06 AM
I had some pinnion ylh some years ago suppose to be from the 13 time winner line I got them from Herman about a year before he died didnt have much succese with them I know there are some better families out there. I think that would be a good cross on the mug as well

GalloNC
February 19th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Mug/gavilan hatch and mug/spangle hatch is what works for my friends in Mexico in the sk

howe
February 19th, 2012, 08:17 AM
that spangled hatch on your post is that a garrard

elgallolatino
February 24th, 2012, 07:24 AM
Are they any good in modern shows?

who breeds them today?

your comments and available pictures will be wellcome.

thanks.

elgallolatino
February 24th, 2012, 10:27 AM
nice stag, upload the darker !!

thanks

gaff
February 24th, 2012, 01:23 PM
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/Gaff001/PIC_0110-1.jpg
This one is 1/8 grey, racey mug. I got my start from his owner.

WHISTLER
February 24th, 2012, 02:07 PM
richard kelley has some good mug

mtomlin
February 24th, 2012, 02:22 PM
there is a breeder in the Gamecock Magazine under "Marks Mugs", can anyone give any feedback on his Mugs?

walktall
February 24th, 2012, 03:47 PM
richard kelly.....................

Outlaw greys
February 26th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Anybody still useing charlie carr muggs i know they were tough in years past has anyone gotten any direct in the last few years

Nortacs
February 26th, 2012, 11:14 AM
What are the blood composition of mugs? Why are they called mugs.

gaff
February 26th, 2012, 01:03 PM
What are the blood composition of mugs? Why are they called mugs.
Go to ultimatefowl.com then click Poultry Wikipedia. There are most game strains history's.
I will say the original Mugwumps are one of the oldest family's in America. Obviously nobody has kept them exactly as the originator did. Each has added his own flavor.
Yfis.

mckurt
February 26th, 2012, 04:42 PM
my base line in my breeding program since 2001,, mugs works well with hatches and boles asil for me.
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h14/pitshock/DSC_0907.jpg
his grandson multi winner in LK
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h14/pitshock/DSC_0932.jpg

sparring when cross with asil hen(red cock)
http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s374/pangerkz/th_MOV04023-1.jpg (http://s1048.photobucket.com/albums/s374/pangerkz/?action=view&current=MOV04023-1.mp4)
sparring when cross with asil hen(red-black bullstag)
http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s374/pangerkz/th_MOV04020.jpg (http://s1048.photobucket.com/albums/s374/pangerkz/?action=view&current=MOV04020.mp4)

Nortacs
February 26th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Go to ultimatefowl.com then click Poultry Wikipedia. There are most game strains history's.
I will say the original Mugwumps are one of the oldest family's in America. Obviously nobody has kept them exactly as the originator did. Each has added his own flavor.
Yfis.

Thanks sir, ive been trying to mess up with this black fowls, crossing it with asils, then roundheads but it seems that nothing wOrks at the moment, so next blend is a 1/2bf 1/2mclean x 1/2 brownred 1/2 asil and 3/4 mcrea 1/4 asil hens.. Let's see which of these nicks.

palakaya
February 26th, 2012, 10:34 PM
my mug cross.."morpheus" .......

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk184/cyco23/DSC01068.jpg?t=1330266055

gaff
February 27th, 2012, 02:41 AM
Good luck with your crosses. Traditionally mug cross well to hatch and grey. I got mine to hatch and grey and jap also. Got lots of 7/8 and 3/4. Granted all hatch,grey and mugs are different you have to find what works for you. Good luck.
Mckurt! I got one that looks exactly like that top one, the black, of yours.

MAD MAX
May 30th, 2012, 05:02 AM
I have noticed an absence of Mug Fowl here or at least a real shortage of them. I remember when Charles Dysart was tearing up the Pits with his Kent Mugs. I knew several breeders of Raceys that I really hated meeting.

I had some of my own as well. Did they Fall out of favor to Sids and Macreas? I can remember when Macreas were only talked about, And I never saw one at the pits. Things Change I guess.

Ttate
May 30th, 2012, 05:15 AM
A guy close to me use to have some black mugs....they were tough as hell and had plenty of power but they just were to dang big....bullstags usaully wieghing around 6.8....it was hard to match a whole show of them up

MAD MAX
May 30th, 2012, 05:20 AM
Yea mine were on the large side too. I got them from a fellow who sold most all of them to the islands, Seemed in the 60s and70s they liked them big over there

Ttate
May 30th, 2012, 06:39 AM
This guy got down to just a few.......he might throw one in the battle royal at the end of the season

TC Gamefarm
May 30th, 2012, 07:49 AM
http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j386/TCGamefarm/Gamecocks003.jpg
Mug BC

MAD MAX
May 31st, 2012, 02:49 AM
Mug BC
Mighty fine rooster! Looks alot like the ones I had. Ever get a Blue one?

tinalupan
May 31st, 2012, 03:19 AM
Mug BC

Meaning this came from B.C. out west? Who's your contact, PM me Chase.

TC Gamefarm
May 31st, 2012, 03:48 AM
Mad Max we get a blue hen once in awhile but we never get a cock

MAD MAX
May 31st, 2012, 04:05 AM
I usually didnt get blues either but one time I got a blue Cock with a ton of white in him. I was a fool and sold him to a Guy that fought LK. The guy hounded me to get more of them, He claimed that that rooster won 17 fights in the LK and never got touched. I am not sure I believe that though. I never got another blue.:eek:

TC Gamefarm
May 31st, 2012, 04:13 AM
We cull the blues only keep the brown reds

Caliblue10
May 31st, 2012, 04:20 AM
Is. There a reason to cull the blues? Are you breeding for color or do the brown reds perform way better

TC Gamefarm
May 31st, 2012, 04:29 AM
brown reds are better
TC

Caliblue10
May 31st, 2012, 04:53 AM
Thays interesting i have a few chicks from my pyle cock spme look pyle some are nlue and some look really light hackle almost yellow im interested on which eill be better
yfis

oakwoods
May 31st, 2012, 05:57 AM
I just picked up a breeding pair from Del Mac in Louisana, The Cock is a 3 yr old and is mostly brownred in color with a light blue breasting color, and dark eyed. The hen is a 2 yr old and Blue in color, with dark eyes. Del has had his Mugs for close to 50 yrs, and they come all colors. I've heard different storys on which ones may be the best as far as color, and I guess if there was a preference it was the blue ones. Del didn't seem to really care what color they were he liked them all, he did comment that the ones that come a pyle color, fight better going backwards. I was very pleased with the pair that Del had picked out for me, the Cock was a 4 x show winner, so I'm hoping to get a few raised before it gets to late.

gaff
May 31st, 2012, 01:46 PM
Post pics please. Thanks....................

GalloNX4
July 30th, 2012, 03:08 PM
TC, you could send all them blue ones down here to me!! lol

GalloNX4
July 30th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Who breeds Mugs in Texas? besides John Marks.....

SS Gamefowl
July 30th, 2012, 08:02 PM
my uncle used to raise some down around around clevelend TX,

rev-23
October 7th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Wally h. Mugs cut really well, his law grey cock/blkmugg hens, winner winner!!!

kelsohulsey
October 7th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Del is a real good roosterman i've known him almost all my life and he has had those mugs since he was about 5yrs old and he also has more trophies than the law will allow, he is also a good man,you made a wise choice my friend.

Dirtybird555
October 7th, 2012, 03:45 AM
does anybody know where i can get some good kent muggs?

oakwoods
October 7th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Blue Mug hen from Del Mac
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/shanecannon/Coonhunt%20with%20Friends%2011-4-11/BroodFowl006.jpg
Del Mac Mug Cock
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/shanecannon/BroodFowl005.jpg
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/shanecannon/BroodFowl002.jpg

oakwoods
October 7th, 2012, 05:10 AM
My dad also bought a pair of Mugs from Del Mac, as we went down together back in May of this year. I enjoyed the visit with Del, and he had some nice fowl, you can tell by talking to Del that he is very passionate about his Mugs, and he has a win record to back it up, as well as Cocker of the year a few times at different pits back in the day. This man has maintained this strain for 50 yrs. I will post more pictures later

gaff
October 7th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Nice rooster. I have a few of those. Is that a pig in the background? Lol!
I like the look of that hen too. I wish I had one of those!

Dragonrider
October 13th, 2012, 10:28 PM
My dad also bought a pair of Mugs from Del Mac, as we went down together back in May of this year. I enjoyed the visit with Del, and he had some nice fowl, you can tell by talking to Del that he is very passionate about his Mugs, and he has a win record to back it up, as well as Cocker of the year a few times at different pits back in the day. This man has maintained this strain for 50 yrs. I will post more pictures later

Would you mind giving me a contact for Mr. Del? I'd be interested in visiting him!

Thanks,

Dragonrider

mecova
October 14th, 2012, 04:28 AM
I ve got the Richard Kelly mugs most of mine are mainly black with a little red in hackle and saddle. For the most part the are high station and heavy when they get to be cocks. I like them very much.

cockfighter_199
October 14th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Are Jeremy Chandlers blacks he has Mugs? They look like them on his site.

gaff
October 14th, 2012, 04:50 AM
http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/Gaff001/Snapbucket/001B23E6.jpg
Here is my favorite mug. His toe punch grew closed but I believe him to be 7/8 mug 1/8 hatch.
I believe he is related to Oakwoods birds.

INCUBUS06
October 14th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Are Jeremy Chandlers blacks he has Mugs? They look like them on his site.

no, it's a family he made they also come peacombed

cockfighter_199
October 14th, 2012, 09:36 AM
no, it's a family he made they also come peacombed

Thank you for the information they look nice

oakwoods
October 14th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Nice looking rooster Gaff, we will have to trade out a pair one day, when I get a few more raised. My dad has raised a few crosses this year that I'm going to pick up in a couple of weeks, as well as a trio of the straight ones out of the pair he bought off Del as well. I'm liking these Mugs more all the time, they are some nice acting birds. I was talking to my dad a few days ago, and he is 68 yrs young, and he told me that a pair of them got together, and he said he thought he was going to have to call 911..............Lol. We've talked about crossing them on some hatch to add maybe some more bottom to them, even though Del told us they didn't need to be crossed with any Hatch blood. Dad told me that Del was right, that they didn't need anything, that they are good just like they are. I know the Cock I got from Del has plenty of power, and is very aggressive. I will post some pictures from the ones I pick up in a few weeks.

oakwoods
October 14th, 2012, 06:05 PM
1/4 grey, 1/4 hatch 1/2 mug
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/shanecannon/photo1-1.jpg

Straight Blue Mug stag
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/shanecannon/IMG_92231.jpg

Sister to stag above
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/shanecannon/IMG_02121.jpg

1/4 Grey 3/4 Mug
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/shanecannon/IMG_65841.jpg

oakwoods
October 14th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Another Mug it's taken awhile, but I'm sure its a pullet now............
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/shanecannon/IMG_53931.jpg

cockfighter_199
January 27th, 2013, 10:54 AM
This may sound dumb but where did all the different colors in the mug fowl come from?

Outlaw greys
January 27th, 2013, 10:58 AM
This may sound dumb but where did all the different colors in the mug fowl come from?

Mr Racey infused blue blood into his mugs before this they were primarily brown red/black

cockfighter_199
January 27th, 2013, 11:00 AM
I appreciate that Outlaw I would like to see more pictures of them may have to try some out.

cockfighter_199
January 27th, 2013, 12:04 PM
If I was searching for the good Mug fowl in the U.S where would I look first?

Gerrard#1
February 13th, 2013, 05:34 PM
I really like the marks mug myself.

grey12
February 14th, 2013, 01:31 AM
w.g hall of missouri has mugs, i dont know much about them though

MThompson
February 14th, 2013, 02:09 AM
If I was searching for the good Mug fowl in the U.S where would I look first?
Call Richard Kelley.I have fowl from him and I am more than happy with what he sent me. He is very honest and will treat you right.

east,tn1488s
February 14th, 2013, 03:14 AM
Hanes good looking cock,but bro do something with that hard ground they standing on loosen tht dirt up man & add some scratch material

Xmarquez
February 14th, 2013, 11:54 AM
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k617/Vckvicious/SAM_0478.jpg
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k617/Vckvicious/SAM_0484.jpg
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k617/Vckvicious/SAM_0506.jpg
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k617/Vckvicious/SAM_0509.jpg
http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k617/Vckvicious/IMG_0708.jpg

gaff
February 14th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Xmarquez those are nice dark ones. Where'd you get them and what type of mug are they?
Thanks.

Xmarquez
February 14th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Xmarquez those are nice dark ones. Where'd you get them nd what toe of mug are they?
Thanks.
Thanks these are richard kelly mugs i remember i talked to you i think it was about a year back.

gaff
February 14th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Well they sure look the part and a lot of people say good things. They are Racey Mug. Same as mine, but mine are from Del Mack. Good luck with them. Cross to hatch and grey is good. I'll post some of my crosses when done molting.

Xmarquez
February 14th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Well they sure look the part and a lot of people say good things. They are Racey Mug. Same as mine, but mine are from Del Mack. Good luck with them. Cross to hatch and grey is good. I'll post some of my crosses when done molting.

thanks i heard they do good with hatch aswell. yes they are racey mugs. He is just a stag he will be bigger when he turns into a cock. and i look foward to looking at your crosses.

blackmac
February 14th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Damon Yorkman got some beautiful looking mugs seen them in the philipines

yellowback
February 18th, 2013, 04:06 AM
who's mugs are the favorite of these 3 breeders? I know alot has had experience with at least one of these breeders.

Richard Kelley
Walter G Hall
Dale Mac

LoneWolf
February 18th, 2013, 07:14 AM
I have not owned any fowl from Richard Kelly or Dale Mac.I have both Blue and Black mugs from W.G.Hall and they are good solid chickens.They have been a pleasure to breed and raise.

Racer19
February 18th, 2013, 08:44 AM
I got a pair of Mugs from Richard Kelly last year, I raised from the pair, and crossed them on grey and hatch. I am very happy with what I raised. Mr. Kelly and his son were very knowledgeable and helpful, I would highly recommend his Coal Miner Mugs. I have no experience with W. G. Hall or Dale Mac.

Bama Warrior
February 18th, 2013, 09:45 AM
i would recommend any of the 3...i have had richards mugs and i have walter hall mugs now and have intentions of getting a trio from dale mac

LoneWolf
February 18th, 2013, 11:43 AM
i would recommend any of the 3...i have had richards mugs and i have walter hall mugs now and have intentions of getting a trio from dale macThey may start calling you the "Bama Mug Warrior"Lol...I like the mugs too...

Bama Warrior
February 18th, 2013, 11:57 AM
lol lonewolf....i used to show under the entry name the mugman

Xmarquez
February 19th, 2013, 07:25 AM
I only have experience with Richard kelly mugs and i really like them. if anybody has any contact info on Walter G Hall and Dale Mac please post or inbox me thanks.

oakwoods
February 19th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Search the Del Mac Mug post, and you can find Del's number

Gerrard#1
March 12th, 2013, 09:36 AM
there is a breeder in the Gamecock Magazine under "Marks Mugs", can anyone give any feedback on his Mugs?

I really like my marks mug very fast and game as hell he goes for the bill hold and once he gets it its on.

Bubba game farm
March 12th, 2013, 09:46 AM
I had races mugs at on time only had two fought them both three time at texoma 1 time in gaff and two times in knife the last time fought some guy that had more money than had since wanted them so it cost him so in my book they are good

Bama Warrior
March 12th, 2013, 11:07 AM
In my opinion the racey mugs are one of the most awesome birdson the planet...i've had them since 96 and they will be on my yard as long as i have gamebirds

minerblue 1949
March 12th, 2013, 01:38 PM
Has anyone tried Travis Clark mugs. I hear they arn't to bad.

gaff
March 13th, 2013, 01:51 AM
In my opinion the racey mugs are one of the most awesome birdson the planet...i've had them since 96 and they will be on my yard as long as i have gamebirds
Looks like I'm going to be a life time mug man. If all goes well. I like to be different.
I like that mugs come different colours and they are as good as any breed out there.
I'm with you.

cockfighter_199
March 13th, 2013, 02:42 AM
I have a good question I believe? I got some Jeremy Chandler blacks now I know this is the mug thread, but the makeup of his blacks is mostly mug. I wonder if they can ever come another color besides black since mugs come different colors?

Gerrard#1
March 13th, 2013, 03:17 AM
How about the Marks Mugs I really like mine.

Razor
March 13th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Has anyone ever crossed a sweater over a mug or ever crossed a mug over a asil

Perfect-Gull
March 13th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Not yet but my buddy has a nice mug hen that will be bred over my asil/blue bull stag this year!!

cockfighter_199
June 16th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Bump anyone have any more pictures of their mugs?

Bama Warrior
June 16th, 2013, 10:51 AM
I have crossed the mug over the asil...pretty awesome birds

gaff
June 16th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Bump anyone have any more pictures of their mugs?
I have 4 biddies hatched from Dels yard to add to my 2 current brood cocks.

Looks like 1 black red stag. Two light blue pullets and one darker blue pullet.

I'm so lucky to have them. I can't wait till the pullets start laying.

I'll post pictures soon of my 3/4 7/8 and 1/2. I have some real nice looking black 1/2 jap and 1/4 jap. I have some black greys too.

I've run out of space so not breeding right now but I have a few planned breedings I'm dying to do.

Will post some pics in the near future as I have a few up.

cockfighter_199
June 17th, 2013, 07:35 AM
I have 4 biddies hatched from Dels yard to add to my 2 current brood cocks.

Looks like 1 black red stag. Two light blue pullets and one darker blue pullet.

I'm so lucky to have them. I can't wait till the pullets start laying.

I'll post pictures soon of my 3/4 7/8 and 1/2. I have some real nice looking black 1/2 jap and 1/4 jap. I have some black greys too.

I've run out of space so not breeding right now but I have a few planned breedings I'm dying to do.

Will post some pics in the near future as I have a few up.

Thank you gaff for the response I have heard nothing but good things about Dels I look forward to seeing them

spring creek
June 17th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Any body know anything about uchee pines mugs

cockfighter_199
June 18th, 2013, 08:10 AM
I have a friend who has some Mugs he blended two families together he bred Canadian Mugs over Racey Mugs and he does super well with them above average. They come black and a dark black/red color.

Bama Warrior
June 18th, 2013, 10:40 AM
I don't think the Uchee Pines mugs are that good anymore

spring creek
June 18th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Thanks bama I would like to see Ur mugs someday if u don't mind I bought a pair last year haven't had any luck raising any yet .

Bama Warrior
June 23rd, 2013, 12:22 PM
your welcome spring creek..i couldnt ask for a better breed of birds...they are awesome fowl..a pleasure to own and raise..may i ask where you got your mugs

spring creek
June 23rd, 2013, 08:51 PM
I got them from a guy in north Carolina there supost to be racey mug my cock is blue my hen is black I really like em but haven't got to test them

Bama Warrior
June 24th, 2013, 09:38 AM
All mine are racey mugs...they come black..black red..brown red..blue and spangle

LaBlue
June 25th, 2013, 07:31 AM
mighthave to start calling em bamma warrior mugs[..

LaBlue
June 25th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Its a rumor , oak woods has the best mugs in the world!!!

LaBlue
June 25th, 2013, 07:44 AM
oakwoods please show us a pic. of the egg stag.

oakwoods
June 25th, 2013, 09:56 AM
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/shanecannon/PureMug.jpg (http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/shanecannon/media/PureMug.jpg.html)
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/shanecannon/BlueMugstag_zps7562a31d.jpg (http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/shanecannon/media/BlueMugstag_zps7562a31d.jpg.html)
Just an ole Pair I threw together
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/shanecannon/BlackGreyCock_zpsbcaecd01.jpg (http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/shanecannon/media/BlackGreyCock_zpsbcaecd01.jpg.html)

cockfighter_199
June 25th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Shane, you are doing a good job I like the blue/grey colored one.

oakwoods
June 25th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Hatch Grey/ Mug cross
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/shanecannon/BlueMug_zps7714065d.jpg (http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/shanecannon/media/BlueMug_zps7714065d.jpg.html)

oakwoods
June 25th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Brownred Mug
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g416/shanecannon/BrownredMug_zpsb787de47.jpg (http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/shanecannon/media/BrownredMug_zpsb787de47.jpg.html)

Reaper
June 25th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Beautiful Mugs oakwoods... Me likey very much. Good job with those...

LaBlue
June 26th, 2013, 07:14 AM
oakwood you may really have the best mugs in the contry!

oakwoods
June 26th, 2013, 08:22 AM
I don't know if I've the best or not, but I do know a man where I can go get them at, he lives way down South...................