PDA

View Full Version : Whitehackle

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

MANG C
June 13th, 2011, 10:28 AM
Do whitehackles come white or yellow legged?

Any pictures of pure cocks or hens?

Thanks!
Here is my Murphy Whitehackle....
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k638/mangc/IMG_1989.jpg

rasalan GF
June 13th, 2011, 10:48 AM
steve sturn whitehackle broodcok

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/rasalanGF/whitehackle.jpg

Painter34
June 13th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Any one have Lowman whitehackle pics.

MANG C
June 13th, 2011, 01:48 PM
whitehackle...http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k638/mangc/DSC_0834.jpg

Outlaw greys
June 13th, 2011, 02:45 PM
She looks like a murphy to me

Mike Everett
June 14th, 2011, 01:24 AM
This was from an article written in 1946....Right here is where a lot of people make a mistake in regards to gamefowl bloodlines. They assume Kearney fowl were Whitehackles. Kearney did have WH blood, perhaps pure Wh, but the average fowl bred by the Kearney crowd referred to, and the Hatch fowl, and other so-called kearney fowl being bred today, look no more like a Whitehackle than this writer looks like a Chinaman. ..admittedly some of the branches of the Kearney families continued a lot of the Wh type and even looked the part...the best, gamest, and toughest were not the Wh type, but fowl such as the Cassidy's, Gravediggers, Clamdiggers. The Kearney were composed of many different families; Brownreds, and typical Wh's from Ireland, and some local good families. It's doutful anyone knows, as Kearney wouldn't give most people the right time....LOL

BIGG JOE
June 14th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Nice post Mike , what can you tell me about the Groves WH. ,thank you .

Engkanto
June 14th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Here is my Murphy Whitehackle....
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k638/mangc/IMG_1989.jpg

Nice Murphy Sir.

Gameshop
June 14th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Mike, is this scenario the same thing as the MURPHY? An older breeder got mad when I called the murphy a WHITEHACKLE? What is your opinion about it? Is this murphy a WHITEHACKLE or not?

This was from an article written in 1946....Right here is where a lot of people make a mistake in regards to gamefowl bloodlines. They assume Kearney fowl were Whitehackles. Kearney did have WH blood, perhaps pure Wh, but the average fowl bred by the Kearney crowd referred to, and the Hatch fowl, and other so-called kearney fowl being bred today, look no more like a Whitehackle than this writer looks like a Chinaman. ..admittedly some of the branches of the Kearney families continued a lot of the Wh type and even looked the part...the best, gamest, and toughest were not the Wh type, but fowl such as the Cassidy's, Gravediggers, Clamdiggers. The Kearney were composed of many different families; Brownreds, and typical Wh's from Ireland, and some local good families. It's doutful anyone knows, as Kearney wouldn't give most people the right time....LOL

Mike Everett
June 14th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Mike, is this scenario the same thing as the MURPHY? An older breeder got mad when I called the murphy a WHITEHACKLE? What is your opinion about it? Is this murphy a WHITEHACKLE or not?

Can't win this one either way if I said what I thought I would make 1/2 the forum mad...LOL
But here goes for what it's worth and it's only my opinion. No, in the strict sense of a classic Whitehackle. Did they have Whitehackle in them yes, but only Thomas Murphy would know. The classic whitehackle I believe come from the Derby Black breasted reds of Lord Derby and also North Britons and the Earl of Shefton Light reds where the yellowlegs come from. The classic are more like the Morgans, Groves and Lowman. I believe Murphy's contained whitehackle blood from Ireland. I once heard he started with two Wh hens he caught out of a tree, and later some "Long John" Murphy fowl. Frank Shy said he was one of the most secretive breeders he ever heard of...so anything I say is just a guess...LOL
PS..I don't call Leipers, Hatch either....

Falkor
June 14th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Can't win this one either way if I said what I thought I would make 1/2 the forum mad...LOL
But here goes for what it's worth and it's only my opinion. No, in the strict sense of a classic Whitehackle. Did they have Whitehackle in them yes, but only Thomas Murphy would know. The classic whitehackle I believe come from the Derby Black breasted reds of Lord Derby and also North Britons and the Earl of Shefton Light reds where the yellowlegs come from. The classic are more like the Morgans, Groves and Lowman. I believe Murphy's contained whitehackle blood from Ireland. I once heard he started with two Wh hens he caught out of a tree, and later some "Long John" Murphy fowl. Frank Shy said he was one of the most secretive breeders he ever heard of...so anything I say is just a guess...LOL
PS..I don't call Leipers, Hatch either....

Good stuff, Murphy was very secretive so most anything about his fowl always has been and always will be mostly assumption. Leipers definitely aren't hatch either ;)

liampaul
June 14th, 2011, 08:30 PM
steve sturn whitehackle broodcok

http://i760.photobucket.com/albums/xx242/rasalanGF/whitehackle.jpg

a very nice looking rooster, kamukha din ng white hackle namin from steve din, ask ko lang sana kung san nyo na-acquire broodcock nyo, baka sakaling makakkuha din ng pure pulltes

papagallo
June 16th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Hello fellows
i could use some of the old time whitehackle breeds to cross with my cubans.if they bill hold better yet.what i look for is deep desperate gameness for fighting in 1 1/2 heels.if you have them or know who does please inform me via this forum .thanks

Roberts44903
June 16th, 2011, 10:30 AM
what happened to you, Roberts... getting more gentle with age?... in the past you would have been all over the pearl-leg post just before yours... :D

are murphys even considered whitehackles?... they are supposed to be heavy in the lowman wh blood, but like hatch and butcher, which are also heavy in wh, but are considered their own strains.

In all honesty its gets old telling the truth and people still do not believe it LOL

Only so many times I can explain that white legged fowl Murphy had was from madigan.

The true Murphys Mr Murphy had came from long John Murphy of Canada. They was red eyed rust red in color 100% yellow legged and straight comb.

As the story was told me by my mentor who uncle was good friends with heiny. Madigan willed Murphy a yard of the white legged claret blood. Murphy picked them up around the time of Madigans passing away. Murphy kept them in fly pens behind his house on a hill. Murphy always called them his Cherries.

That is like the pea comb fowl Murphy used to sell they was hatch/Murphys but, people called them Murphys.

Troublemakers
June 16th, 2011, 12:23 PM
jason and jerry are very good frinds of mine and i may be wrong but i dont think they will let any go if they do i dam sure would like to have one man thats what made jerry fameous years ago .but he does have the great ones :cool:

Jerry gave me a whitehackle trio back in 07, give it a shot, we do his SW x WH x RH cross that im sure you know about

Mike Everett
June 18th, 2011, 12:50 AM
This was written by L.C. Guneau, an old time breeder...he was talking about Pyles,
how it was a dominant trait and couldn't be bred out. "Mike Kearney infused Pyle blood into his Brownred Whitehackles and it still shows up occasionally". Notice he called they Brownred Whitehackles....as far as the Pyle, I've seen proof...LOL

slipspur
June 18th, 2011, 01:34 AM
I've seen it myself.......... ;)

CALVIN2
June 18th, 2011, 02:09 AM
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp258/j-nantz_2008/playboyKerney.jpg PLAYBOY WHITE KERNEY PULLET & GREEK FIRE BIRCHEN STAG

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp258/j-nantz_2008/AGREEKFIRE.jpg

Mike Everett
June 18th, 2011, 03:21 AM
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp258/j-nantz_2008/playboyKerney.jpg PLAYBOY WHITE KERNEY PULLET & GREEK FIRE BIRCHEN STAG

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp258/j-nantz_2008/AGREEKFIRE.jpg

Nice pullet, it's hard to tell from the photo, what color are her legs?

Supershamo
June 18th, 2011, 12:04 PM
I havent been here in a while, but i see the whitehackles are still a hot topic here. For those who still describe them as low headed and slow moving fowl, nothing could be farther from the truth. I have cocks that will stretch a tie cord over top of your head after a cock. Just as all the other fowl that evolved as the heels got longer, so did the whitehackles. I dont cross my wh's, they dont need it. They are definitely a family that have stood the test of time. They have probally been bred more true and without infusion moreso than any other family in the world.

Lights Out
June 18th, 2011, 12:47 PM
This is my pure Morgan whitehackel brood cockhttp://sabong.net.ph/forum/picture.php?albumid=272&pictureid=1630

Cutting Edge
June 19th, 2011, 12:35 AM
A brood pair of my Morgans'..Cross great with Clarets and/or Roundheads..For any weapon!!!!

Nice Bosleys, a friend of mine in VA got them direct from Glen...

BLACKCROW
June 19th, 2011, 11:21 PM
In all honesty its gets old telling the truth and people still do not believe it LOL

Only so many times I can explain that white legged fowl Murphy had was from madigan.

The true Murphys Mr Murphy had came from long John Murphy of Canada. They was red eyed rust red in color 100% yellow legged and straight comb.

As the story was told me by my mentor who uncle was good friends with heiny. Madigan willed Murphy a yard of the white legged claret blood. Murphy picked them up around the time of Madigans passing away. Murphy kept them in fly pens behind his house on a hill. Murphy always called them his Cherries.

That is like the pea comb fowl Murphy used to sell they was hatch/Murphys but, people called them Murphys. i can see your point because in the pearl leg side of mine i could possibility see a little clariat blood :cool:

Roberts44903
June 20th, 2011, 05:26 AM
i can see your point because in the pearl leg side of mine i could possibility see a little clariat blood :cool:

Claret is basically just another strain of whitehackle.

cool_hand_luke
June 26th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Eveyone seems to agree on the John S. Whitehackles, are there any breeders of these fowl down south or would a man be better off to just purchase them direct?

cool_hand_luke
June 26th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Does anyone know of the major differences between the Slick Lizard North Britons and the Sears' North Britons?

harry
June 26th, 2011, 10:50 PM
kearney-boston i didnt like the body structure of the offspring so i discarded my kearney
now i got radio from alvin rhodes and see how it will turn out to my boston roundheads

super fly
June 28th, 2011, 12:36 AM
Mr.Grooms (The Old Red Rooster) Morgan Whitehackle...

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l365/rasuperfly/SANY0595.jpg?t=1309190632

mahal
June 28th, 2011, 12:59 AM
i want to share my 3/4 murphy 1/4 lundy roundhead
http://i719.photobucket.com/albums/ww197/bulik/lundy-1.jpg

MANG C
June 28th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Brian Grooms Whitehackle stag....

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k638/mangc/IMG_1987.jpg

CALVIN2
June 28th, 2011, 01:18 AM
Nice pullet, it's hard to tell from the photo, what color are her legs?
Mike she is a Nunis (pale yellow ) just room mates for the time being.

Mike Everett
June 28th, 2011, 01:26 AM
Mike she is a Nunis (pale yellow ) just room mates for the time being.

The white one?

CALVIN2
June 28th, 2011, 01:59 AM
The white one?

OH my bad ,yellow its just the light makes them look white ,my pullet is not as snow white as Marks ,and I was monkeying around with the color and brightness pic was real dark. ,saw them both at 3:00 in the morning ..lol ole Mitch was running late.

Mike Everett
June 28th, 2011, 07:51 AM
I have some very good writings from a gentleman of true golden age of the Whitehackles, he was with and fought against the best of the old shortheel crowd in the northeast in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Whitehackles were his passion. It is a bit lengthy and y'all probably get tired of me on here, but if there is an interest, I will write it here..........

redcrow
June 28th, 2011, 08:24 AM
Brian Grooms Whitehackle stag....

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k638/mangc/IMG_1987.jpgowesome whitehackle you have sir mang c:cool:

t gasparac
June 28th, 2011, 08:40 AM
i would like to read them very much

Goldenbirchens
June 28th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Mike,

Anyone that cares about gamefowl breeding, history etc. would benefit to listen to what you have to say. If not they need to go elsewhere. I just wished I didnt live so far away so I could learn more from you.

3spurr
June 28th, 2011, 08:54 AM
slip what about your birchens

redb0y
June 28th, 2011, 09:28 AM
I'm interested on it Mike, If you decide not to post it here send it to me by e-mail I'll send you a PM with it.

3spurr
June 28th, 2011, 09:35 AM
hey golden what do you cross you birchens on

Goldenbirchens
June 28th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Right now I am just trying to maintain and old pure family. The best I know the Lutz Nunis have crossed with is Larry Romero McCleans.

Goldenbirchens
June 28th, 2011, 09:56 AM
http://thefallcreekranch.com/gamefowl/img/wardell_gleeson.jpg

Wardell Pumpkin Gleeson.

Mike Everett
June 28th, 2011, 09:58 AM
I'm going to edit this somewhat, and hit the high points; "While the English fanciers of the game, bred fowl of many colorings it is our understanding that the light complected duckwings reds with white undercolor were the most popular, such as the famous Earl of Derby and those from the north of England known as "North Britons". To a predominant degree these were the ancestors of the American Whitehackle but as is quite generally known at least some Irish blood (if not, also a dash of Oriental) played a part in the foundation of one of most renowned families of Whitehackles bred in this country, if perhaps not truly the greatest".

Mike Everett
June 28th, 2011, 10:15 AM
THE KEARNEY'S: There would appear to be an entirely incorrect impression among many that the late Mr. Michael Kearney's Whitehackles were imported from the Old Country as such, that is , separate and distinct from his Irish Brownreds....we do know that the first cocks of the Whitehackle feather fought by Kearney in America, those used among others in the famous mains against Col. Morgans. We say, that these cocks were of a cross of his Brownreds with some fowl supposed to have been Earl of Derby which Kearney got through a party by the name of Skelly who lived near the old Wallabout Market at the time. The cross came nearly all true Whitehackle in color and the best evidence of how Kearney considered them is the fact that thereafter he perpetuated this line in much greater numbers than the Brownreds. It is of course true, however, that color means but little in case like this and it may very likely be that the % of Whitehackle blood, was sufficient to hold the feather true Whitehackle against a much larger % of Brownred. The Kearney-Duryeas next..........

Copycat
June 28th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I'm going to edit this somewhat, and hit the high points; "While the English fanciers of the game, bred fowl of many colorings it is our understanding that the light complected duckwings reds with white undercolor were the most popular, such as the famous Earl of Derby and those from the north of England known as "North Britons". To a predominant degree these were the ancestors of the American Whitehackle but as is quite generally known at least some Irish blood (if not, also a dash of Oriental) played a part in the foundation of one of most renowned families of Whitehackles bred in this country, if perhaps not truly the greatest".

This is also my understanding of the whitehackle blood.
Goodluck!

Mike Everett
June 28th, 2011, 01:02 PM
The Kearney-Duryeas; No one well can dispute Mr. Herman B. Duryea's own statement as to the original breeding of the Duryea Whitehackles. In a letter to one Colonel Carson, he stated that a Kearney cock over a yellow Birchen hen from Boston founded his family of Whitehackles. *(Duryea was a rich horseman and Kearney went to work for him)...At first Kearney bred his old Whitehackles as a separate family freshening with blood from Duryea yards of which he had absolute control. Duryeas were held as a separate family with freshening from the Kearneys, later the Duryea family gradually took over, with only a few intensely inbred specimens of the old Kearney Whitehackles left in the hands of an occasional old timer. Jim Cass had a few up until nearly the time of his death. Jim Thompson's fowl contained more of the old time blood. * (The Thompsons went into the Hatch fowl)
* my comments
The Morgans next..........

Mike Everett
June 29th, 2011, 01:30 AM
The Morgans; There is no doubt about the origin of this exceptional family of fighting cocks. Col. William L. Morgan frequently stated that he got his original blood from Mr. Geo. Gilkerson and had freshened early with Lowman and later old Kearney blood. We have always understood that the Gilkerson Whitehackles were brought over to this country by Mr. G. and kept in full vigor by later importations by him from the same sources in the British Isles. Billy Lowman always claimed that Gilkerson got his fowl from his father and that they should be called "North Britons". Lowmans next......

redbreeder
June 29th, 2011, 01:46 AM
Thanks Mike for the wonderful HIS-STORY of the WHITEHACKLES....very good read!

Mike Everett
June 29th, 2011, 02:14 AM
In a sidebar discussion this gentleman of that era, and remember it's "his story", was that the early Whitehackles from Ireland were both square headed and roundheaded.....and it's repeated throughout the discussion that all these breeders "freshened" their lines with other good fowl of the general type to make the different strains of American Whitehackles.

Flatwood Farms
June 29th, 2011, 03:17 AM
Neal Smith in Mississippi has the best Whitehackles of any in the South. Direct from Hugh Norman, they are the best but he don't sell fowl.

Roberts44903
June 29th, 2011, 04:37 AM
Mike, great read first off. I am curious who wrote this? Then again I am curious what was here first the Gulls or Gilkersons? I always been told that Gilkerson Whitehackles was just Gulls.

Mike Everett
June 30th, 2011, 12:22 AM
The Lowman's; While perhaps not so well known in the far corners of the country as the Kearney's, Duryeas's and Morgan's it is our our opinion that "Old Billy" Lowman had as good Whitehackles, and withal as good cocks, as ever came to this country or were ever developed here, or anywhere for that matter. Mr. Lowman called them "North Britons" and said his family had bred them for years just as he brought them over and later got fresh blood from his relatives. Last will be the Gleezens....

Mike Everett
June 30th, 2011, 12:30 AM
Mike, great read first off. I am curious who wrote this? Then again I am curious what was here first the Gulls or Gilkersons? I always been told that Gilkerson Whitehackles was just Gulls.

In all the literature I have found, Dennis Mahoney made the Gulls, they contained "North Briton" blood on the cock side and some hens from Canada. According to the write I have been quoting, the Gilkerson were direct imports, with infusions of Lowman's North Britons. So in any case the Gulls and the Gilkersons were probably related.

slipspur
June 30th, 2011, 01:20 AM
Here's one I have yet to figure out... is there a " Lohman " and a " Lowman " Wh, being two distinct families, by two different fellas... or is one a misspelling of same???

Mike Everett
June 30th, 2011, 01:55 AM
Here's one I have yet to figure out... is there a " Lohman " and a " Lowman " Wh, being two distinct families, by two different fellas... or is one a misspelling of same???

Well, all I can say is this gentleman claims he got one of last "Lowman" hens after Billy's death and set her south to another breeder in 1903. I personally thank it is just a spelling thing, like spelling Madigan for Madigin........LOL

Roberts44903
June 30th, 2011, 02:54 AM
By what you posted Mike all whitehackles are related in some way. Correct?

Mike Everett
June 30th, 2011, 05:56 AM
By what you posted Mike all whitehackles are related in some way. Correct?

Yes, the gentleman who authored this named more names and events, that I have edited. Most of the Whitehackle crowd fought in and around Albany and New York, and that blood was passed around in the clique. He claims some of these were the elite horsey crowd, who fought among themselves, but some families were open to any challenge.

RF Stallion
June 30th, 2011, 10:01 AM
I guessed most guys here in New England got whitehackles in their show fowls. I was talking with one guy whom I've known for ages and told me, he still maintain a whitehackle family. I am not talking about J.S. this guy really show his fowls and won a main last years against guys from delaware and philly. His is morgan whitehackle.

redbreeder
June 30th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Good thread....Love the Whitehackle fowl, Hopefully in the near future I will have them as they have been one of my greatest wishes......have to come from a TRUSTWORTHY MAN!

kenny
June 30th, 2011, 01:06 PM
ive got a touch of North britan whitehackle i been making crosses with im in need of some good old blood to start a familly and to cross with anyone out there still showing them in american and willin to sale them?

Larry Rutledge
June 30th, 2011, 08:50 PM
Kenny, Mugman was showing some of the best Ive ever seen. I think they came from a Mr. Smith in Georgia. YFIS

Mike Everett
July 1st, 2011, 12:24 AM
The GLEEZENS; The so-called Gleezens Whitehackles while enjoying a large paper reputation were nothing more than a mixture of several families mentioned above. H.B. "Dad" Gleezen bred them quite true to feather and type and won numerous blue ribbons with them at poultry shows. Gleezen always claimed his fowl were absolutely 100 % pure Gilkersons, but in the next breath would tell ( confidentially of course) how Harry Estes or others had procured for him a pure Morgan-Kearney-Lowman or whatever the case might be.
That "Dad' sent out some good fowl to his customers there is no doubt and he also sent many bad ones. He was a breeder for sale and not for his own use in the pit. * As you might tell this writer thought the Kearney as bred by Michael Kearney were some of the greatest cocks ever produced.

kenny
July 1st, 2011, 02:55 AM
Larry hows it goin im still breeding those roundhead .........i dont know mugman but if you get a chance see if he wants to sale some or has mr smiths number pm me your number id like to call and agervate you

KentuckyCocker
July 1st, 2011, 05:22 AM
One old time breeder I've asked said that whitehackles are slow and are not suitable for slasher fast fights.

Haven't seen or handled yet pure whitehackles cock/hens, can you pls describe here how their body conformation was, their character and attitudes, how they fight, etc...?

And why we have to use this bloodline that were in fact Hatches are readily available? As we've know already that hatches are actually the cross blend of this blood...and I think the upgraded version of it. What do you think?

As I was then thinking that using Whitehackles blood are like Back to the Future breeding....method...:rolleyes:
Some Whitehackles are suited for slasher. So far mine are 9-0 in lk this season. The ones I have are Morgan Whitehackles and they are extremely fast, break to the lights, and cut well.

Larry Rutledge
July 1st, 2011, 07:34 AM
Good to hear from you too. You know Richard Kelly, we call him the mugman lol. He's got a site I think its under coalminer mugs. Fine feller and he'll shoot ya straight. You'll have to pm me your # I dont have a landline, just a cell. I have to drive up on a hill about a mile away to get reception and call:) YFIS

Mike Everett
July 1st, 2011, 08:24 AM
Is Norman Terry still alive? I've always wondered about his Whitehackles, he's had them a long time.

CARl0S
July 1st, 2011, 10:51 AM
How about the Slick Lizard Whitehackles?
I never really hear about those, just his Sweater

kenny
July 1st, 2011, 11:21 AM
norman is still kickin i see him now and again .......i have the slick lizard whitehackle jerry dont raise a whole lot of them im crossing a cock now like to have another familly to cross them into and see if i could freshen them up......larry my number is 606 549 3606 call me anytime night or day

HatchGrey57
July 17th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Does this rooster look whitehackle? if so what kind?

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m573/HatchGrey111/003.jpg

Roberts44903
July 17th, 2011, 04:20 AM
It could be a whitehackle. Maybe morgan whitehackle. I am not the breeder of this bird so I can not say 100% forsure.

blades61
July 17th, 2011, 04:53 AM
is he pea or str8 comb i really cant tell.looks like a morgan .i raised a couple lacy that look like this.

Falkor
July 17th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Morgans are generally SC and WL.

HatchGrey57
July 17th, 2011, 06:56 AM
He is straight comb and yellow legged.

Roberts44903
July 17th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Morgans are generally SC and WL.

They will come white legged or yellow legged.

Wildfire73
July 17th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Could be Whitehackle or butcher. Where did you get the rooster. I'd go back and ask the man I got him from. If he didnt know it would be anybodys guess

Outlaw greys
July 17th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Could be whitehackle looks alot like my old butcher blood too its anybodys guess ask the breeder or call it a yard hatch test it before u breed from it

gallohombre
July 17th, 2011, 11:51 AM
My guess is he is a whitehackle cross of some type hard to guess the breedin of any fowl is he marked in any way?

Bricks
July 17th, 2011, 11:54 AM
The body conformation suggests that there is a blood of Round head in him.....

Falkor
July 17th, 2011, 12:23 PM
The body conformation suggests that there is a blood of Round head in him.....

Maybe.......but I would expect him to be peacombed if that were the case.

Bricks
July 17th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Maybe.......but I would expect him to be peacombed if that were the case.

Maybe it's not a pure RH but there's already some infusion in him - thus the straight comb feature. We can only guess.......

Falkor
July 17th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Maybe it's not a pure RH but there's already some infusion in him - thus the straight comb feature. We can only guess.......

Well yes it's only a guess but peacomb is dominant, only reason I said that.

Falkor
July 20th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Would you call this marking whitehackle, splash, spangle.....not sure?

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i372/Falkor1/479451354_o.jpg

http://s1090.photobucket.com/albums/i372/Falkor1/?action=view&current=479451354_o.jpg

gallohombre
July 20th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Looks like a spangled brass back butcher

Hatch-Mac
July 20th, 2011, 10:51 AM
It really looks like the old Odell Bean- Albany

hitmonkey 2
July 20th, 2011, 10:51 AM
i have seen some butchers like this called brass back butchers JD clayton from GA used to fight some that looked just like this but i would call him spangled

don128
July 20th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Looks like a Morgan cross, his hackle color looks awsome

Outlaw greys
July 20th, 2011, 11:04 PM
He is spangled no matter what breed he is just a color

MILLPOND
July 20th, 2011, 11:16 PM
He is spangled no matter what breed he is just a color

No matter what the bred , a very fine looking gamecock .One I would love to own . He reminds me of an old bred of butcher blood I use to have that was infused with Spanish blood so you might be on the right track .Wish I could be more help .
YFIS EDDIE

gallohombre
July 21st, 2011, 12:37 AM
Falkor is this ur rooster????????

Outlaw greys
July 21st, 2011, 12:43 AM
He does look like on old time black butcher do you kw what breed he is falkor

Falkor
July 21st, 2011, 12:45 AM
Falkor is this ur rooster????????

Negative, I talked to someone here in MO and they claimed it was a brassback Lowman. I'm not familiar with brassbacks or lowmans so I thought I would get some opinions. What I think, it's probably a brassback butcher with the spangle coming out since they also own brassback butchers. After talking with them I've come to the conclusion they are probably a peddler attaching names for a sale. I do like the looks of this cock but I don't trust the seller. I asked them where some of their fowl came from and they wouldn't answer saying names didn't mean anything to them....which I respect that, but it always throws up red flags for me.

Outlaw greys
July 21st, 2011, 12:52 AM
If u can get him reasonable id buy him test him in the shows if he shows good and game then what more can u ask for

fourwinds_011
July 21st, 2011, 06:06 AM
he is a true whitehackle brass back its a rare color john sears has them come this color the brass back is a whitehackle color the butcher gets it from the white hackle so doies the the brass back albany both of these are mostly made up of whitehackle most of your whitehackle families are nothing more than noth briton whitehackle.john sears told me he was in albany ny at a cock fight as kid two brass back whitehackle cocks were stole from the cock house it wasnt long befor the brass back albanys came along he konws they they stole the cocks

Gamecocker91
July 22nd, 2011, 08:21 AM
yes i think that is a whitehacke ours look just like that this is one of our broodcocks
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n525/Gamecocker1/spangled.jpg

Falkor
July 29th, 2011, 11:20 AM
The owner of this bird contacted me and let me know he is 3/4 brassback butcher and 1/4 lowman whitehackle. There was a bit of confusion on my end and I take back my statement of them being a peddler. No matter what he is, he's a fine looking bird ;)

bravomex
July 29th, 2011, 11:54 AM
The owner of this bird contacted me and let me know he is 3/4 brassback butcher and 1/4 lowman whitehackle. There was a bit of confusion on my end and I take back my statement of them being a peddler. No matter what he is, he's a fine looking bird ;)
hey FALCOR buy you admiting and taking back the missundertanding makes you look real good, we all make mistakes no douth,to bad in this forum there is peolpe cutting troats with out even knowing the breeder or their blood lines mi respects to all mature cockers the do know how to say they where wrong.

WhiteRooster
July 29th, 2011, 01:35 PM
I want some Brass backs.... But Albany... That is a good looking Rooster!!!!

calebmitchell
July 30th, 2011, 12:32 AM
That bird is gorgeous, hope he turns out good for you.

buzzbait
July 30th, 2011, 01:08 AM
So John Sears had some BrassBack Whitehackles ?? <<< anyone know the history on them ?? I heard they were infused w/ brassback butchers, true or not i dont know ??....more details please....... - very interesting !!!!

hitmonkey 2
July 30th, 2011, 02:28 AM
very nice let us know how he turns out

Gamecocker91
August 1st, 2011, 04:53 AM
http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n525/Gamecocker1/whitehacklebroodcock.jpg
Im going to be using him to breed straight and for a couple of crosses next season

Heavy03
August 1st, 2011, 05:16 AM
Nice WH Cock sir what bloodline is he??

Gamecocker91
August 1st, 2011, 05:33 AM
Thanks and he is a morgan whitehackle

Boss_fred GFarm
August 1st, 2011, 05:44 AM
Now we are talking here... this is a good one! perfect!:)

Im going to be using him to breed straight and for a couple of crosses next season

Gamecocker91
August 1st, 2011, 11:12 PM
Thanks hes been a good rooster so far, hopefully his sons will be alot like him

Bill_Gates
August 1st, 2011, 11:48 PM
I hesitates on using Whitehackles even for infusion coz they're the original line/s used in making the old time slow dumb non-cutting Hatches. It's like going back to square one. But I think...even whitehackles have also "evolved" by the thorough selections, infusions, etc...

This is just my opinion. No offense pls. I don't have any real world experience with it. :cool:

hitmonkey!!!
August 1st, 2011, 11:56 PM
you are probaly right but showin here in us it sems like the dumb slow non cuttin hatches put up w's when the feeder messes up the fast, cut u up and then if you still alive well run off cocks like i said in american shows not lk

buzzbait
August 1st, 2011, 11:58 PM
I've met into Alot of GOOD whitehackle blood years past ( in gaff ) so i couldnt support that same accusation,, sorry. I will say ive seen some bad ones too - but that can be with any breed, good and bad in em all

buzzbait
August 2nd, 2011, 12:05 AM
yeah and put ya a small shot of Good Asil in em to better yor bad aim ,wing floppin , energy wasting drag pit thugs. ive had em - cut and cut and cut but dont hit a darn thing.. JMO :);)

hitmonkey!!!
August 2nd, 2011, 12:14 AM
yeah but i had rather have those drag pit thugs than the real fancy fightin cock that will up and quit like you see alot of those real fancy stylier cocks look good when they on but when they aint oooo they look bad at least those old gamecocks will still put up a win when they are off just off wantin to win know what i mean

don128
August 2nd, 2011, 12:17 AM
I would go with whithackle any day, I also would go with the old hatches any day. Solid from day one and still around.

hitmonkey 2
August 2nd, 2011, 12:18 AM
leave it to hitmonkey!!! i am a fan of gameness to thats prolly y were partners

buzzbait
August 2nd, 2011, 01:13 AM
i dont disagree with the gameness part thats for sure, we all know thats a definate but when they pull up with a stroke i want IN YOU Everytime , thats what im getting at --- maybe what i was thinkin didnt type out right.... /??

hitmonkey!!!
August 2nd, 2011, 01:19 AM
o i understand what you said i was kinda adding to it just sayin i take gameness in spur over cuttin because seems like alot of roosters are messed up tryin to get them just right when a game cock can win if hes not dead on but a cuttin cock that is right is winner ever time dont matter how game you are,,,, that where are the dead game roosters end up.....in dead pile the dungheels killed em!!!

Outlaw greys
August 2nd, 2011, 03:34 AM
Wtf when yall meet one of those dumb slow noncuttin whitehackle/roundheads i bet youll be wondering what happened how could he kill me that fast jmho

Rowdytown
August 2nd, 2011, 04:31 AM
Beautiful Morgan my friend!!! One of my favorite lines as well. Keep us posted on his offspring.

BamaOkie
August 2nd, 2011, 05:27 AM
:eek: very nice well built Morgan you have there!:)

One my all time favorite cross is a Morgan to Lacy RH.

blackmuff10
August 2nd, 2011, 06:41 AM
are your morgans mean at all . i have had several strains of whitehackles and they were all kinda man mean. i don't mind if a rooster hits ya but gentles down in your hands . i just don't like when they try to peck you or get out of your hands the whole time you are holding them . thats why i got rid of them . i would like to have some good white hackle blood if it isn't real man mean

stampeders
August 2nd, 2011, 11:57 AM
I'm gonna try my WH bc crossing him to our RHs and see what they come out...just a little experiment on my part. nice wh broodcock sir and goodluck breeding him.

Gamecocker91
August 2nd, 2011, 12:48 PM
This special cock was given to me by my friend 2 years ago as a stag 9 months old, won 1 time as a stag and 2 times as a cock, so ima breedem this year he also gave me a pure hen that ima use to breed them next year along with a few crosses. I also am going to breed them to my lacy rhs,and maybe a brownred and some others who knows yet, but yea he is a good rooster he isnt man shy but he aint a manfighter, ill be sure to keep you all informed on his breedings thanks for the comments

Outlaw greys
August 2nd, 2011, 03:34 PM
I'm gonna try my WH bc crossing him to our RHs and see what they come out...just a little experiment on my part. nice wh broodcock sir and goodluck breeding him.

They should be good also crosses well on kelso and greys

bob152
August 2nd, 2011, 11:37 PM
that bird is a brassybacked spangle

kogmohon
August 3rd, 2011, 12:33 AM
it's a wakwakle.........................

MILLPOND
August 3rd, 2011, 01:55 AM
This special cock was given to me by my friend 2 years ago as a stag 9 months old, won 1 time as a stag and 2 times as a cock, so ima breedem this year he also gave me a pure hen that ima use to breed them next year along with a few crosses. I also am going to breed them to my lacy rhs,and maybe a brownred and some others who knows yet, but yea he is a good rooster he isnt man shy but he aint a manfighter, ill be sure to keep you all informed on his breedings thanks for the comments

don't wait till next year to breed them pure . Late raise a batch when it cools down this year , you never know if something will happen unforeseen. A good broodcock or hen is hard to find and somehow we always seem to lose the good ones . Just a friendly suggestion ,
YFIS EDDIE

Roberts44903
August 3rd, 2011, 06:53 AM
are your morgans mean at all . i have had several strains of whitehackles and they were all kinda man mean. i don't mind if a rooster hits ya but gentles down in your hands . i just don't like when they try to peck you or get out of your hands the whole time you are holding them . thats why i got rid of them . i would like to have some good white hackle blood if it isn't real man mean

Most whitehackles I have delt with been gentle. I bet you seen me around Blackmuff. I am up in north central ohio.

Dark Rooster
August 3rd, 2011, 08:36 AM
Some of the best stags and cocks I've ever seen where Whitehackle/Greys! Cut u from any angle and u COULDN'T out break them!

Copycat
August 3rd, 2011, 09:01 AM
it's a wakwakle.........................

yeah, maybe wahjamuh hackle! hehhhe lol:)

Hotcocker
August 3rd, 2011, 09:06 AM
always called them salt and pepper myself.. looks like he has some cinnamon too lol

bob152
August 4th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Negative, I talked to someone here in MO and they claimed it was a brassback Lowman. I'm not familiar with brassbacks or lowmans so I thought I would get some opinions. What I think, it's probably a brassback butcher with the spangle coming out since they also own brassback butchers. After talking with them I've come to the conclusion they are probably a peddler attaching names for a sale. I do like the looks of this cock but I don't trust the seller. I asked them where some of their fowl came from and they wouldn't answer saying names didn't mean anything to them....which I respect that, but it always throws up red flags for me.

Also I can't say I've heard of a Lowman being brassybacked, but then again its not a bloodline I'm familiar with. Brassyback is a recessive trait though so it can and does pop out in different bloodlines out of nowhere.

CALVIN2
August 4th, 2011, 04:48 AM
FALKOR -BEAUTIFUL gilman WHITEHACKLE

asc_redsngreys
August 4th, 2011, 08:07 AM
i have a old issue of gamecock somewhere. the cover cock is
a pure north briton from j,sears. he said about 1 out of 15 would come this black spangle. he said other than that they all was red with
the normal wh markings and white under coat. but they was yellow legged.

BlackStealth
August 4th, 2011, 09:26 AM
I'm going to say brassback butcher. It looks alot like this one.http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=134627166622335&set=a.101576256594093.2926.100002251566450&type=1&theat
I have a true Bumblefoot grey that looks very similar but not spangled.

blades61
August 4th, 2011, 09:46 AM
i had some morgans years ago .i year i got a solid white pullet with a morgan over morgan breeding, i bred the cock to a sid hen and got some fowl that looked a lot like this rooster.he looks good.

Copycat
August 4th, 2011, 10:04 AM

Now we know! :):):)

CALVIN2
August 4th, 2011, 08:43 PM
http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp258/j-nantz_2008/Gilmanwhitehackle.jpg
Photo from Newton Fowl : Gilman

Wicho209
August 7th, 2011, 06:01 PM
Please post pictures of your white hackles. thanks

BLACKCROW
August 7th, 2011, 10:39 PM
ya i would like 2 see some 2 i am looking for a good tro but no bull

don128
August 7th, 2011, 11:15 PM
A couple of my morgan brood cocks
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee374/don128/WhiteHackle-1.jpg
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee374/don128/Morgan2.jpg

Giman
August 7th, 2011, 11:26 PM
Handsome looking cock there sir.

BLACKCROW
August 8th, 2011, 12:23 AM
great looking birds thats what im talking about

Wicho209
August 8th, 2011, 12:43 AM
Good lookin birds bro I will try to post a pic of one I just bought

Goldenbirchens
August 8th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Very Nice Don128

Here is my Wardell Pumpkin Gleeson http://thefallcreekranch.com/gamefowl/img/wardell_gleeson.jpg

SALVAJE
August 8th, 2011, 01:16 AM
http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee520/SALVAJE6/SalvajeBirds012.jpg

Here is a Pic of a Morgan I picked up from a friend. He is a 3X blue ribbon winner in the short program. He has a bit of Harry Parr's Butcher Claret in him but mostly Morgan. I am planning to infuse this to my Clarets that is getting too closely bred.

Wicho209
August 8th, 2011, 06:15 AM
I can't upload pics through my iPhone any body know how

Gamecocker91
August 8th, 2011, 12:59 PM
White hackle brood cock 3x blue ribbon winner,gifted to me from a friend

robertandrei
August 18th, 2011, 07:51 AM
sir can u upload some white hackle cross to dom

laguardia
August 18th, 2011, 08:33 AM
White hackle brood cock 3x blue ribbon winner,gifted to me from a friend

It goes to show: The Best Fowl is the ones gifted to You. Precioso Whitehackle!;)

gapman
August 18th, 2011, 09:03 AM
heres alowman whitehackle from the late wendall loveday blood
http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae6/gapman37711/010.jpg

Engkanto
August 18th, 2011, 09:41 AM
You all guys have very nice Whitehackles, especially the Morgan cock. I used to have a few WHs but eventually lost them - I concentrated more on my Orientals and YLH family that I was starting to build at that time. It's too late when I realized how valuable these WHs are. Will try to look for some good ones soon, again to infuse into my existing lines.

But anyway, here's a couple of pics from way back...

Morgan Hen

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/Engkanto22/My%20Fowls/MorganHen_02.jpg

Whitehackle-Sid Taylor Cross

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/Engkanto22/My%20Fowls/2007_0626Image0050.jpg

Goldenbirchens
August 18th, 2011, 09:47 AM
Nice hen, Engkanto. Looks a little like some of my Duryeas.

F&Gfiregold
August 18th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Nice morgan hen sir engkanto!

Engkanto
August 18th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Nice hen, Engkanto. Looks a little like some of my Duryeas.

Thanks for the compliment Goldenbirchens and F&GFiregold. Unfortunately I don't have her now, some varmints decided to have her as a breakfast one morning. Was able to breed only 2 stags out of her, both turned out well - power, accurate and deep cutting birds. Some crossed eggs sent to PI also turned out very good.

Yes, I saw your birds in your website and I actually corresponded with you a few years ago about your Hail Stone Duryea hen. I'm actually planning to purchase soon a good WH blood to try with my Albanies and YLHs but I'm still debating which one to buy - the Duryea, Murphy or an old Morgan family from an old gent from upstate NY. The more I research and the more I ask around about these bloodlines, the more I become undecided, LOL...

Guys, more pictures please...

Thanks!

j007
August 19th, 2011, 03:27 AM
You all guys have very nice Whitehackles, especially the Morgan cock. I used to have a few WHs but eventually lost them - I concentrated more on my Orientals and YLH family that I was starting to build at that time. It's too late when I realized how valuable these WHs are. Will try to look for some good ones soon, again to infuse into my existing lines.

But anyway, here's a couple of pics from way back...

Morgan Hen

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/Engkanto22/My%20Fowls/MorganHen_02.jpg

Whitehackle-Sid Taylor Cross

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa25/Engkanto22/My%20Fowls/2007_0626Image0050.jpgReally nice for years I showed a family of yellowlegged Morgans won very high% they got low varmints got into them two legged varmint stole rest of them.Old story.Nice fowl you have-Jim

slipspur
August 19th, 2011, 03:37 AM

I like em both... But the top one is extra nice... Very well balanced bird!

Goldenbirchens
August 19th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Yes Slip, I think he looks nearly perfect. Beautiful bird !!

YoungGun
August 19th, 2011, 07:04 AM
I can't upload pics through my iPhone any body know how

Download the photobucket app to your i phone.(its free) then upload the pic to your photobucket, copy the img code, paste it on here and your golden!

newtogame2
August 19th, 2011, 07:13 AM

don, is he sc or pc... looks like a perfect spangle roundhead :).

nonny
August 19th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Stan Wardell's line of whitehackles

slipspur
August 19th, 2011, 07:29 AM

The cock is most definitely sc....you can see the skin down the center of his head where the comb once was... and it goes back past his eyes...

newtogame2
August 19th, 2011, 11:37 AM
The cock is most definitely sc....you can see the skin down the center of his head where the comb once was... and it goes back past his eyes...

i cannot do a close job to make the head looks almost round like that with sc... others too, i'm sure... as many dubbed cocks appear with a straight/flat head.

thanks.

slipspur
August 19th, 2011, 12:22 PM
Start from the back... Get up under the base... Trim the extra meat off the sides around the nostrils...
It's not that hard.

JericP
August 19th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Morgan White Hackle....

http://multiply.com/mu/jepad/image/23/photos/7/1200x1200/7/DSCN11321.jpg?et=vjQvksbcZrBlgX1OafP5qQ&nmid=133860906

http://multiply.com/mu/jepad/image/12/photos/7/1200x1200/9/DSCN11301.jpg?et=AwUIxY5Wf2febjVjavueKg&nmid=133860906

don128
August 19th, 2011, 07:35 PM

Slipspur is correct, he is staight comb. He has won many ribbons in regular poultry shows because his color and markings are so close to old english standards. Thanks for the compliments guy's.

daredevil
August 19th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Here are our White Irish Kearney Whitehackle.....

CALVIN2
August 19th, 2011, 08:39 PM
Good morning D D
I really like the whites ,they are the total package ,no need to cross .you guys raise quality athletic birds .the little stag's I raised think they own the yard .lol , in 6 months they may ...lol

PIRSO PATRICIO
August 19th, 2011, 09:47 PM
Here is the link of Spanichi Gamefarm Whitehackles owned by my very good friend Baby Canillas
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1430422859479.51828.1800106106&l=d1e18279fe&type=1

daredevil
August 19th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Good morning D D
I really like the whites ,they are the total package ,no need to cross .you guys raise quality athletic birds .the little stag's I raised think they own the yard .lol , in 6 months they may ...lol

Jackie,
Have you got any of the Clarets or Lemons yet?
Clarets to the whites and Lemons to the Velcro.
Cant go wrong with them two.
Post me a pic when they get alittle bigger love looking at pics.
Have a good day........Kevin

BIGG JOE
August 19th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Few pics of my Morgan Pair,Herman Altman rooster and ,Norm Terry hen.

CALVIN2
August 20th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Hey Kevin your brother sent me a little Claret stag and the white hen ,that's what I raised ,no Lemons yet ,when my economy gets better I would love to get one .Kerry says that's an awesome cross.

daredevil
August 20th, 2011, 02:17 AM
You did good!!! Love the Claret stag to whitehackle hen!! You will like that!!
I like the cross to the whitehackle hen side...

FIRE-RITE
August 20th, 2011, 10:23 PM
BIGG JOE-- them some nice WH. I got some from Norm also and the hen you show here looks just like mine. I've had good succes with Norm's. YFIS

BIGG JOE
August 20th, 2011, 10:58 PM
I hope to make an egg laying machine out of this hen this year and raise as many from this pair as i can .I hope to keep her laying and set all her eggs I can. Selection ,will be critical since this rooster is 5 years old. He can turn it on still. Got any pics. from your Terry hen?

FIRE-RITE
August 21st, 2011, 03:50 AM
Not right now, but all I gotta do is take some. YFIS

wstsider
August 21st, 2011, 06:16 AM
here are our white irish kearney whitehackle.....
beautiful irish whi te dare devevil nice bird

ligas_paka2006
August 22nd, 2011, 02:11 PM
Just posting not for sale
My blend of Kearney Murphy cross
Next year brod cock
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj293/dodoysanjose/WB-666.jpg

breeder08
August 28th, 2011, 01:05 PM
very good looking gamefowl.. nice... :)

vic5.0
September 30th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Sir OR Gallo. What kind of whitehackle is this ? .he looks real good .....QUOTE=OR GALLO;3462001]http://i987.photobucket.com/albums/ae358/oregongallo/IMG_20110117_085920.jpg[/QUOTE]

vic5.0
September 30th, 2011, 05:31 AM
Who sells quality Wh like these . These two are beuties , makes me want some , and if they look like this Ima put one inside as a table ornament :)

Gamecocker91
September 30th, 2011, 06:33 AM

the_archangel
September 30th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Hi guys sharing,

this stag is from Charles Claypoole's Murphy Whitehackles.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm238/fongerz/2010%20stags/DSC_1976.jpg

Good friend Greg Bartolome (JoBelle) lent me an old hen from the Kearneys which he sourced from Floyd Gurley way back. Will breed her to this stag to try and come up with straightbred whitehackles, hoping for a keeping line. :)

don128
September 30th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Who sells quality Wh like these . These two are beuties , makes me want some , and if they look like this Ima put one inside as a table ornament :)

Those two are my Morgan Whitehacle brood cocks. You can PM me if you like. Thanks for compliment on them!

lam ang
September 30th, 2011, 10:35 AM
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab60/miketilan/184100_241651295865517_100000619468620_809352_3412 51_n.jpg
cross of murphy and lundy whitehackle.

Outlaw greys
September 30th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Bob howard murphys if you can get the real ones none better in my book

vic5.0
September 30th, 2011, 11:59 AM
[QUOTE=Supershamo;3483919]thats right rowdy and i got the kearneys too, they are always really dark red

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/imgoodatwhatido/whitehackles/chickensyaa044800x600.jpg this one looks extra nice

DesertRat
September 30th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Don128 , outstanding !! I notice your from Missouri , those wouldn't be from Uchee Pines would they ? Anyway again outstanding lookin birds.

BIGG JOE
September 30th, 2011, 11:36 PM
Ended up with some Morgans to try.

BIGG JOE
September 30th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Murphy 1x winner and a Morgan.

DesertRat
October 1st, 2011, 02:04 AM
Anyone try the Morgans from Uchee Pines ?

Gamecocker91
October 1st, 2011, 04:35 AM
morgan wh cock

21fordson
October 1st, 2011, 09:09 AM
Does anyone know who has and sells the Kearney Whitehackle in the us ?

vic5.0
October 1st, 2011, 09:37 AM
Just bringing back up another dead thread. I like to know about karney and Morgan or just under the ? below
please i need help what's the best line of whitehackles and who breed 'em thanks a lot guys

stillbreaking
October 3rd, 2011, 08:38 AM
my whitehackles http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc361/stillbreaking/march2011135.jpg

Snowbird
October 30th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Imported White hackle

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/jolanski/whitehackel.jpg

victor
October 30th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Imported White hackle

Snowbird,
isnt this the same birds as you posted as Pinnon YLH? :) Cant miss the eyes with the 2 pics.

BEst,
Victor

whitehackle
October 30th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Imported White hackle

This looks just like my whitehackle brood cock in england. Nice bird

goryo888
October 30th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Snowbird,
isnt this the same birds as you posted as Pinnon YLH? :) Cant miss the eyes with the 2 pics.

BEst,
Victor
this is now a Pinnon YLH x WH.

Snowbird
October 30th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Snowbird,

BEst,
Victor

They are different picture, maybe i uploaded wrong thats the picture my farm hand gave it to me. I double check for your convinience.

Snowbird
October 30th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Snowbird,

BEst,
Victor

I have another picture, i am also confuse with the color its look like the same but my farm hand took the picture with the bloodline name so i assume thats right picture.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/jolanski/whackle.jpg

fourwinds_011
October 30th, 2011, 09:00 PM
i like the irish whitehackle also had some years ago very good birds raised lowmans for years and old ga shawlnecks

Snowbird
October 31st, 2011, 01:32 AM
Originally Posted by victor View Post
Snowbird,
isnt this the same birds as you posted as Pinnon YLH? Cant miss the eyes with the 2 pics.

BEst,
Victor

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/jolanski/YLHpinnonline2.jpg

Now victor help me what is irregular in this picture. I notice the bottom part of the cage is different as you can see both side is not the same, In fact when i saw your comment i double checked right away because i dont want fooling people around here its ashamed so i give you the final judgement..

victor
October 31st, 2011, 01:55 AM
Snowbird,
Im asking you if they are the same bird?not accusing you of fooling anyone. they look the same. Thats all. Both seem to have a light color eye. Thats what i meant aout the eyes part. Anyhow the cage doesnt matter. I cant tell from the pic if the comb is the same but they awefully look alike. Thats all. Your ylh and whitehackle.

Goodluck,
Victor

moseley
October 31st, 2011, 02:52 AM
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee446/moseley1/P63002701024x768.jpg
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee446/moseley1/DSC012661024x683.jpg
here is a couple bob howard murphys out of brood stock direct from frank harvey.

jay daguio
October 31st, 2011, 03:28 AM
Originally Posted by victor View Post
Snowbird,
isnt this the same birds as you posted as Pinnon YLH? Cant miss the eyes with the 2 pics.

BEst,
Victor

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d109/jolanski/YLHpinnonline2.jpg

Now victor help me what is irregular in this picture. I notice the bottom part of the cage is different as you can see both side is not the same, In fact when i saw your comment i double checked right away because i dont want fooling people around here its ashamed so i give you the final judgement..
these 2 are not the same bird!! hahahah jus check out the place ment of the leg bands n u can tell its not the same!! but damn they are almost identical hahahahah

Snowbird
October 31st, 2011, 04:54 AM
Snowbird,
Im asking you if they are the same bird?not accusing you of fooling anyone. they look the same. Thats all. Both seem to have a light color eye. Thats what i meant aout the eyes part. Anyhow the cage doesnt matter. I cant tell from the pic if the comb is the same but they awefully look alike. Thats all. Your ylh and whitehackle.

Goodluck,
Victor

No offense meant thats why i am ask for help because im confuse either, At first im thinking if its a same bird then you notice its kinda look a like, im sorry if im offended you if you are saying the cage doesnt matter, it matters because its totally different, but the comb its look the same i agree with you, anyway this argument is only small things and its clear. My apology

Snowbird

Zach P
October 31st, 2011, 10:34 AM
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee446/moseley1/P63002701024x768.jpg
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee446/moseley1/DSC012661024x683.jpg
here is a couple bob howard murphys out of brood stock direct from frank harvey.

nice looking birds moseley

Hardcore Hatch
November 2nd, 2011, 05:31 AM
where could i get a good kearny trio????

socalman
November 2nd, 2011, 06:46 AM
Mr Taylor out of cali got his Kearneys from the late Steve Sturm he mite sell you a trio.

trueedge
November 2nd, 2011, 10:56 AM
i just got back from visiting a friend of mine who raises Morgans. Good looking little guys they were. some were mean but some were gentle like lambs. real nice.

BobbyRN1971
November 2nd, 2011, 08:49 PM
Has anybody had any experience with the Gleezon Whitehackles that Joe Moore from Larado, TX advertises in the Gamecock? Thanks, Bobby

juanito2
November 10th, 2011, 01:14 PM
http://thefallcreekranch.com/gamefowl/img/wardells.jpg

Here is a picture of a Gleeson Whitehackle I am getting from a man in California. He got them from Wardell 35 years ago. He has one yard that are coming pumpkin. Many of them are pumpkin, but not quite the color of this rooster.
this roosters nice may i ask who is the man and may i have his location and contact information

juanito2
November 10th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Mr Taylor out of cali got his Kearneys from the late Steve Sturm he mite sell you a trio.
by a chance do u have his contact info.

maniacmanook808
November 10th, 2011, 02:33 PM
very unique breed of chicken,are they like kelsos?

chad123
November 11th, 2011, 07:18 AM
the best whitehackles areound are those of donald stevenson from pa they have one numerous short heel derbies

SALVAJE
November 11th, 2011, 08:05 AM
the best whitehackles areound are those of donald stevenson from pa they have one numerous short heel derbies

Is he the one that also shows oriental grades?

sinapangan
November 13th, 2011, 11:57 AM
any info on john sears' whitehackle is much appreciated. good luck...

the_archangel
November 13th, 2011, 08:01 PM
SALVAJE : i like the avatar! :)

jlbs72
November 13th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Morgan Whitehackle

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x188/Jericd/DSC00092-1.jpg

Jericp,

is this also caem from ronnie miller ?

Mike Everett
January 15th, 2012, 12:19 PM
THE KEARNEY'S: There would appear to be an entirely incorrect impression among many that the late Mr. Michael Kearney's Whitehackles were imported from the Old Country as such, that is , separate and distinct from his Irish Brownreds....we do know that the first cocks of the Whitehackle feather fought by Kearney in America, those used among others in the famous mains against Col. Morgans. We say, that these cocks were of a cross of his Brownreds with some fowl supposed to have been Earl of Derby which Kearney got through a party by the name of Skelly who lived near the old Wallabout Market at the time. The cross came nearly all true Whitehackle in color and the best evidence of how Kearney considered them is the fact that thereafter he perpetuated this line in much greater numbers than the Brownreds. It is of course true, however, that color means but little in case like this and it may very likely be that the % of Whitehackle blood, was sufficient to hold the feather true Whitehackle against a much larger % of Brownred. The Kearney-Duryeas next..........

up............................I'm not agree or disagreeing just posting a contemperary of Kearney's..I know sometimes you get yL by breeding wl and gl, might this have made the yl Kearneys, with recessive wl and gl?

scott
January 16th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Neal Smith in Mississippi has the best Whitehackles of any in the South. Direct from Hugh Norman, they are the best but he don't sell fowl.

the whitehackles that hugh norman had came from stan wardell they were crossed over his lacy blood to make the rebel reds
yfis

newtogame2
January 16th, 2012, 05:37 AM
GILKERSON, LAWMAN, AND MORGAN

In the third Edition is the history of the Gilkerson fowl as given by Wm. Dovey of Lindsay, Ontario. The following quotation taken from a letter of Mr. Dover's written in 1913 gives a bit more information not found in other articles.

I will only make a few remarks as to the origin of the North Britons. Gilkerson had no more to do with the origination of the North Britons than I had. The fowl were simply an experiment that was made by three men living between Caryle and Penrith, Cumberland, England. The men were William Lawman, John Mitchell and John Scoby. Mitchell bred Earl Derbies, while Scoby bred Pyles, both red and white. Lawman had some Muffs and Brown Reds and willow legged Seftons. The Seftone and Derbys were crossed then Scoby loaned Mitchell a grand white Pyle cock to run over the cross hens. And there are the North Britons.

The following information concerning the Gilkerson fowl is from another writer and is similar to but not identical with the original article by Dovey.

George Gilkerson came to America in 1843. In 1858 he returned to Orton, England to secure some of the old fowl bred by his friends and old neighbors, the Barnes, Mitchells and Lawmans. His first importation was a white legged Derby cock and stag and five hens. One of these hens was yellow legged and red eyed, with pale wheaten breast and under color. She had a golden laced hackle and was velvet black on her back to her tail. He bred this stag to the hens and offspring came as follows, wheaten and partridge spangle pullets with both white and yellow legs. Stags were duckwing black breasted reds (almost canary color). He called the darker ones North Britons and the light ones Greek Fires.

Gilerkerson returned to England several times to get more fowl and also sent Billy Lawman many times as most of these fowl came from Billy's father back in England.

Both William Gilliver and John Harris knew Gilkerson well and both sent him several lots of fowl. Those Harris sent were of the Coath and Holford strains, which were of Lord Derby origin.

According to a letter from Gilliver to O'Connor in 1906, Harris also sent Mansell Pyles and Yellow Birchen crosses and some that would throw brassy wings. Gilliver in the same letter mentions some great white legged spangles he sent. This was about 1860 and about the time Gilliver started feeding for Lord Sefton. Sefton's fowl were a b.b. light red strain with white legs and that cut out Whitehackle... (to be continued).

(http://www.ultimatefowl.com/wiki/index.php?title=William_Morgan)

newtogame2
January 16th, 2012, 05:39 AM
... (continued)

William Morgan (http://www.ultimatefowl.com/wiki/index.php?title=William_Morgan) was a closed friend of Gilkerson and both bred and fought his fowl. Dime Ormsby bred most of the cocks fought by Morgan which were later called Morgan Whitehackles. John and Joe Scott not only lived close to Gilkerson but came from the same section of England and they also bred and fought his fowl. Gilkerson fought these fowl successfully from 1946 to 1879. Since then most of the best short heel fowl have contained a very high percentage of that blood such as Hatch, Sage, Thompson, Hardy Bros., Kearney, Duryea, Pogmore, Murphy, Hoy, Pine, O'Connell, Bradfords, Kosygarten, Cronk, Berg, Marshes Butcher Boys. Billy Lawman who conditioned cocks for Gilkerson not only brought over many fowl for him but also brought over some for himself. The ones similar to the North Britons were a white legged b.b. red fowl that he told Marsh he thought were Earl Derbies. He also brought over for himself a family of Muffs.

Many great short heels cockers say the Lawman Whitehackles were the best of any strain they have ever seen.

Concerning the spelling of Lawman. It is generally spelled Lawman but a letter follows giving some information on this: About Billy Lowman (http://www.ultimatefowl.com/wiki/index.php?title=Billy_Lowman). The May issue of Grit and Steel 1913 has a letter signed by him in which spells it Lowman. Both Hoy and Andy Kirk told me when he first came to Albany he spelled his name Lohman but as everyone spelled it Lowman he finally accepted that spelling.

Best Wishes, Arch Ruport.

southernX
January 16th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Here are a few pics of my kearneys.Originaly came from Herbie McKenna when I lived up there in CT. They come Dark red,ST comb, Yellow legged. Hens come wheaton.
http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss86/Finch2k9/0272.jpg
http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss86/Finch2k9/029-3.jpg
http://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss86/Finch2k9/027-3.jpg

slipspur
January 16th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Nice birds... They look stout. My Kearney male aren't as dark... But my females have more black making them look darker. That's my kinda hen... Got some hay hooks on her :)

southernX
January 16th, 2012, 08:27 AM
Ive heard some folks talk about how they do in the LK. Back in the day we had an excellent record with them in that show at Mid America. Straight and crossed on muffs.

White hackle
February 5th, 2012, 10:30 AM
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll222/1972Tommy/kearneywhitehackle.jpg Old line of Harry kearney white hackles

bhem
February 8th, 2012, 06:20 AM
Just wanna bump this thread up I'm interested to see some Steve sturn whiitehacle anyone with the picture? Thanks.

msei
February 8th, 2012, 07:44 AM
anyone know anything about ratliff general cross whitehackle?

Mike Everett
February 8th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Who told you that Whitehackles were made from the Asil ? By any chance do or did this individual keep Asil ?

The Kearney Whitehackles cocks did not come over 4lb. They had "a thin single comb". Do that sound like Asil ?

You need to do a little more research on the Kearneys......

Mike Everett
February 8th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Mike can you please point out any error or errors to it ?

Eddie

Yes you are wrong, not about the whitehackles coming from Asil, but about the Kearney..it's out there look and you shall find.

Nightfury
February 9th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Does anyone here have whitehackles or have the whitehackles that sport the occasional brassback or black brassback color? I know it can be traced back to the Cumbria/Black furnace fowl in the UK? I would like to see some pictures.

CALVIN2
February 9th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Michael Kearney history just a portion , The irish white hackles were in the U.S. LONG BEFORE WWI :
These two strains were similar in fighting qualities and equally good, except that the brown reds heavier in bone and muscle. The sporting freedom which the people had so long enjoyed began to be more interfered with by the authorities, until just prior to the year 1870, cocking was entirely prohibited. Kearney refused to give up his beloved sport and emigrated to America bringing with him twelve of his favorite Whitehackle cocks. These cocks were very tame and on sunny days, were one by one allowed their liberty on the deck of the vessel, which arrived in New York in August. As there was no cocking at that season, it was not until the following winter that he fought and won a main using his imported cocks. The sport was extremely popular in New York and vicinity and soon the new comer was in the midst of it. He was very successful with his mains and made many friends and it was not long before he opened a road house and pit at Blissville; a suberb of Long Island City, having in the meantime taken out his papers as a citizen of the United States. Here for many years his cocks held sway, and mains were constantly being fought, sometimes two or three mains a week during the cocking season.
Each year, for several years, Kearney sent a man, (usually his uncle Bob Quinn) over to Ireland to bring to New York cocks and hens of both the light red Whitehackles and the dark brown breeds. The two strains were each bred separately and pure without any crosses, and were fought by Kearney in immense numbers. The Whitehackles were a medium weight fowl, the breast black streaked more or less with dark ginger the outer hackle a light red shading to light golden on the shoulders, the back a dark crimson, the wing long, wide, and hanging low, the tail wide and carried up, the shanks short and yellow, (never white) the body noticeably wide and short, neck medium length and the head short and broad with red eyes, and a thin single comb and white under feather. The hens were always wheaten color. As fighters the cocks were high headed, fast enough and game beyond the test of steel.

Mike Everett
February 9th, 2012, 07:21 AM
I don't think medium weight fowl would be considered under 4 lbs. When Kearney came to our shore it didn't take him long to make some Mutt fowl, from which the present Kearney strain is made up of.
Kearney' fowl were composed of many different families, Brownreds and typical whitehackle from Ireland, and some he crossed with local good families. He brought some of his fowl from Ireland himself, and later sent an uncle to Ireland for more. Kearney became associated with a man named Herman Duryea. The latter got a Jap or Aseel cross from mr. Coolidge of near Boston and crossed the blood in at least some of the Kearney fowl. Some claim the Roundhead in Kearney's came from the Coolidge cock. Others claim Kearney had some really good pea comb fowl long before the advent of the Coolidge cock...Feathered Warrior. 1946 There is a story of visitor to Kearney asked to see a pure Kearney, Michael handled him a peaheaded cock, the visitor commented, he didn't know they came peacomb, Kearney's reply was they alway have. The Irish Whitehackles in their pure form didn't last long and are not the Kearneys.

Mike Everett
February 9th, 2012, 12:38 PM
Calvin2: That is right they came from Ireland to the US in the 1870s & the Mike Kearney fowl that came from Ireland were small fowl the cocks not over 4lb. That fits in with what Finsterbusch said. By the way I never said all Irish fowl were that size. But do you know what the English fowl weights were in the 1870s ? :D Do you know how light they were in the 19th century ?

You should know what the English fowl weights were in 1928 & subtract 1lb & that will tell you what the Irish fowl were then.

I seen that article you posted years ago. Was any thing that was written in it from the hand of Mike Kearney or son Harry ?

How many of those that wrote about Irish fowl in America ever came to Ireland ?
Did they ever come to England & see their Game fowl ?

Regards Eddie

More Hogwash..your making alot of assumptions, You are using Finsterbusch as a reference, he never saw a Kearney in person. Even in this writing it says they taking about Irish Whitehackles being mid sized fowl, if you read about American fowl during that period many were greater than 6lbs. You said Kearneys, they were American made. I doubt you have ever seen a kearney, much less weighed one....Check out Dr. Cooper's book it will give you an idea of the wts in that era.

Mike Everett
February 9th, 2012, 01:47 PM
So you are saying that Kearney's are American aka the "Kildare Whitehackles" is that what you are saying is it ? The last time I was in Co Kildare it was in the Republic of Ireland aka the Emerald isle.

What size American fowl were is not important in this debate as it's the fowl that was in Ireland / UK that is being debated.

I never seen or weighed an Irish Kearney fowl neither did you as went extinct in about 100 years ago :D

Irish fowl are said to have come from English fowl many hundreds of years ago long before the English bred Asil in to their Game fowl. By the way for those who might think English or Irish Game strains came Pea comb, can any of you name one English or Irish strain with a Pea comb from 19th century English or Irish fowl ?

First mistake is the Kearney are not Whitehackle Irish or not, your right the Irish Wh Kearney brought over are long gone, he didn't keep them apart in their purity, he crossed them, even add Pyle blood, Calvin got a white one and I do too, you inbred them and you see whats in them. The Irish and English crossed just like us and made strains, that's why there was a variety, you have to cross to make new or you can inbred them till something pops out but then they are ruined by then anyways.But the Kearney bloodlines live on. Do some research on the Cassitys, Gravediggers, and the original Clamdiggers, not the greys.

RalSuBirds
February 26th, 2012, 03:28 AM
No they don't. Spanish Game don't have Asil in them not the real ones anyways :D

Now regarding Irish / English fowl. I am Irish bred, born and raised. Here is a quick history of the fowl of My country. The Irish fowl are said to have came from England many, many centuries ago long before the Asil was brought to the UK.

Quote Finsterbusch 1928 "The Irish on the average is about one-half to fully one whole pound lighter then the English."

That is the Irish Game fowl as late as during the first half of the 20th century. Sadly there has been two World Wars in the first half of the 20th century. The Irish have also endured two Wars in Ireland at that time. The Irish War Of Independence & also The Irish Civil War.

During the Wars in Europe & elsewhere a lot of breeds were either depleted or went extinct back then. A lot of the fowl in Ireland now are from recent Asil influenced imports from England. There have been a lot of American imports too. The Shamo / Asil is common in Ireland now too.

.....:) you can only go back as far as the written history of game fowl

..... but scientists say all chickens originated from the East .... hence the oriental breed ..... in which case ,,, all European and American breed have aseel blood in them ..... ;)

BACKYARDBREEDER
February 26th, 2012, 07:58 AM
WYT HAKUL

http://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii499/bert_0455/bert_03/DSC05544.jpg

laguardia
February 26th, 2012, 08:09 AM
What does WYT Hakul means ? Beautiful Specimen....Awesome!

RalSuBirds
February 26th, 2012, 08:17 AM

..... it maens whayt haykel :) ..... indeed it's a good looking bird

BACKYARDBREEDER
February 27th, 2012, 01:02 AM

Whyt hakul different spelling for Whitehackle ,, tnx

bhem
February 27th, 2012, 02:09 AM
What does WYT Hakul means ? Beautiful Specimen....Awesome!hahaha just read it mates, and should be whitehackle.

nonny
February 27th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Zitek whitehackle pair.....

super fly
February 27th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Newly arrived Lowman Whitehackle...

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l365/rasuperfly/LowmanWhitehacklebroodstag.jpg

frederick sy
February 27th, 2012, 01:15 PM
Zitek whitehackle pair.....
Hi Glenn,
You got yourself that good Whitehackle blood.

nonny
February 27th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks Frederick ,They look alot like those ones of yours , I'll email you a few pic's of them.

p0g1t0
March 3rd, 2012, 01:12 PM
any Whitehackle breeder here in California?

geronimo_46
March 3rd, 2012, 02:02 PM
any Whitehackle breeder here in California?
yes, the step son or Sam Wardel

BNA_HILAND
March 3rd, 2012, 02:48 PM
i just bought 2 whitehackle hens last year, morgan and stryker!

JT-Sphinx
March 4th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Spangled Kearney Whitehackle...

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/JT-Sphinx/KearneyWH.jpg

JT-Sphinx
March 4th, 2012, 11:20 PM
My Col. Hempel Whitehackle ...

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd152/JT-Sphinx/ColHempel1.jpg

silver2dmoon
March 8th, 2012, 09:37 AM
I hope someone would post a pix of a Canadian Whitehacle especially it's brass back throwback. Thanks in advance.