PDA

View Full Version : Hard hitting birds

The Mobster
January 26th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Besides hatch, what are other hard hitting fowls? Does hard hitting means good cutting?

ums94
January 26th, 2012, 09:26 AM
I will say Albany and RH. I love these birds.

MasseyWarrior
January 26th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Butchers are hard hitters and they cut very well. No hard hitting doesn't mean it is a good cutter. Lots of chickens hit hard but don't cut very well.

roundhead man
January 26th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I would say a good Albany Family or a good YLH family
JMO.

MONGOOSE
January 26th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Besides hatch, what are other hard hitting fowls? Does hard hitting means good cutting?

The hardest hitting chickens I ever saw couldn't cut there way out of a wet paper bag.
Another family of hard hitters I've seen could finish it with one shuffle. Its all up to the breeder. Has nothing to do with hard hitting.

spangle
January 26th, 2012, 09:36 AM
I'd say if a bird is hard hitting then they can cut. Hit means contact and the ability to cut is based entirely on the motion of the leg and shank when they hit the target. The choice of weapon also defines a good cutting bird, for the simple reason that Filipino shows sometimes don't need heel contact because the knives are long enough to do it while the American show requires the opposite. This is just my personal observation and not meant to be misconstrued.

Thanks,

spangle

Chief
January 26th, 2012, 09:36 AM
What about Asil, and Asil grades? The ones I've seen can pound.

leiperlee
January 26th, 2012, 09:45 AM
gotta love that hatch yellow or greenleg, they punch hard and cutting machine's

blades61
January 26th, 2012, 10:12 AM
i have some hatch that can bring tears to a glass eye also have some albany that hit very hard

Uragons
January 26th, 2012, 10:15 AM
kelso and dan gray roundheads

Bantonio
January 26th, 2012, 10:24 AM
HAtches hit very hard and roundheads hit very hard... but an asil is just pure power but no speed

MarshButcher
January 26th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Butchers are hard hitting...thats why they are used in slow heels/peg awls.

Mark

Darkside
January 26th, 2012, 12:59 PM
how about muffs arent they pretty powerful...

rockie
January 26th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I got democrats n they got a hole lot of power n cut just not too fast n nor tall...

ALM3
January 26th, 2012, 01:10 PM
how about muffs arent they pretty powerful...

Was just getting ready to say the line of Muffs I have are the most powerful birds I have seen. Have power, weight, and shuffle like crazy, just lacking bottom. Have been crossing them with by hatch line. Will have 3/4 Muff 1/4 hatch this year. Would like to see these in the PI, but I am not able to get them there myself or have the funding either. Anyone looking for a partnership, lol.

Kelso13
January 26th, 2012, 01:13 PM
Warhorse have some good power with cutting ability and aggressive shufflers IMO

amapanoah
January 26th, 2012, 01:17 PM
albany = hard hitting, very game and most of all they can cut.

gaff
January 26th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Cutting = sticking it in, not just wing popping legs going. Some birds don't spar well but with a weapon just need one or two shots in the right place and they take it's toll.
The hardest hitters I've seen were hatch crosses.

Outlaw greys
January 26th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Murphys and albany hit hard and alot with accuracey

santi13
January 26th, 2012, 02:10 PM
My gulls are pretty hard hitters, multiple shuffling also.

jay daguio
January 26th, 2012, 02:46 PM
i would say billy rubles power cocks!! some of the hardest hitting fowl i have seen yet!!!

kingrattler
January 26th, 2012, 06:46 PM
My buddy 209albany introduced me to charlie johnsons albanys he said that they hit like mules so i called charlie and he told me that his albanys will teach my rubles how to hit and he wasnt lying a good albany hits harder than a hatch

jailbird
January 26th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Was just getting ready to say the line of Muffs I have are the most powerful birds I have seen. Have power, weight, and shuffle like crazy, just lacking bottom. Have been crossing them with by hatch line. Will have 3/4 Muff 1/4 hatch this year. Would like to see these in the PI, but I am not able to get them there myself or have the funding either. Anyone looking for a partnership, lol.

ALM3 how old are the muffs you want to fight in the Phils? Email me details at jebe.abi@gmail.com . Spar videos will be helpful. Thanks

Elhungaro
January 26th, 2012, 08:24 PM
albanys from larry those are real hard hitting fowls some kelso to

21fordson
January 26th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Albanys are one of the hardest hitters out there and have the cut to with it

lam ang
January 26th, 2012, 09:46 PM
cardinal kelso from sergio lopez crossed to another cardinal kelso blood.friends say they hit harder than my leiper hatch:Dand they're game and can cut.

Grillo
January 27th, 2012, 01:38 AM
We had a few of the Ed Cavazos butchers and they was hard hitters. Right now I have a blueface (Hargus blood) cock that hits as hard as I've seen. My jarocho cock (McLean) could destroy cocks with a single blow, heeled or not. I always judge a hadhitter by how much damage he does with one or a few buckles.

209Albany
January 27th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Johnny Moore Albanys from Charlie Johnson. Some of hardest hitting I ever seen and owned.

gaff
January 27th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Can somebody please post a picture if these ALBANYS. That's the name coming up the most. Would like to see them.
Yfis.

buzzbait
January 27th, 2012, 04:49 AM
we had some Asil/Ylh half crossed blood back about 12 yrs ago that was the darndest cocks i ever handled or seen. had a friend cross this same asil blood in his greys and blues with Same outcome !! he said he'd never seen anything with so much Power & Accuracy and he has seen as many derbys as the next old guy ! They would wait and dodge for "thier moment" , strike and they would bury all way to the hub. i remember hearing other handler(s) moaning/growning/cussing when they pulled the steel out. When they went into ya - they put the steel in ya too, they hit where they aimed !! They werent flashy, but they sure were winners . seems like it was jus yesterday .... i miss them days

209Albany
January 28th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Can somebody please post a picture if these ALBANYS. That's the name coming up the most. Would like to see them.
Yfis.

If you go to the thread that I put up of "Our Farm Pics " you will see the ones we raise. Blood came straight from Charlie.

3rdGen
January 28th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Yfis.

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt123/calantas/Albany/DSC_2651.jpg

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt123/calantas/Albany/DSC_2652.jpg

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt123/calantas/Albany/DSC_3980.jpg

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt123/calantas/Albany/sonnyware2JPG.jpg

gaff
January 28th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Medium station broad back I would say. Those shanks look to be on the thicker side. Your feathers are something else! I always strive for perfect feathers. I get it right most of the time these days. Thanks for posting. Those are birds to be proud of. But it's their unseen Power that makes them desirable .

gaff
January 28th, 2012, 05:50 AM
If you go to the thread that I put up of "Our Farm Pics " you will see the ones we raise. Blood came straight from Charlie.
I just checked them out, man your farm is awesome. You are living the dream. If your ALBANYS are as good as they look you're in the money. Thanks.

Satus
January 28th, 2012, 07:46 AM
The best I've seen are Whitehackles, Butchers and Muffs. Old school sledgehammers. I also saw a Wardell Hatch cock that was very impressive. The single hardest hitting fowl I ever saw was a spangle Duryea WH cock. Not the sharpest tool in the shed, but it hit like nothing I've ever seen.

808manok
February 7th, 2012, 12:55 PM

nice albany sir

Engkanto
February 7th, 2012, 09:41 PM
I would say a good Albany Family or a good YLH family
JMO.

I have to agree with this. My YL Hatches and Albanys are both hard hitters and 'durable' birds. The YLHs are more athletic, quick and with good style especially on the ground. The Albanys are more accurate, not very fancy and don't waste a lot of moves, they just know when to hit you and hit you hard. Blend these two together, and you will have something...

Just my 2 cents.

Airedale
February 7th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Narragansett

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d173/Airedale123/2011-10-21_104622.png

silver2dmoon
February 13th, 2012, 11:36 AM
JB, back when I still have birds ... I saw my 5 month old free ranging Blueface gathered some courage to hit it with my broodcock on tie cord. The BC knocked out this stag for about a quick 8 - 10 seconds. I thought he was dead... just when I was about to get to him and pick him up ... he regained consciousness... got up... looked left and right searching for the big guy and released the longest shuffle I have ever witnessed. I admire that stag... too bad I sent him away to one of our Philippine islands. I sure missed my birds. :( I hope when I retire one day.

blueface,they hit so hard they was knockin each other out!never thought thats ever possible.

GibMack
February 13th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Kelso cuts good, hits hard and has a lot of bottom, Especially when crossed with Hatch!

cockfighter_199
February 13th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Look at o.v gamefarm out in HI fast hard hitting birds

GibMack
February 13th, 2012, 12:08 PM
http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt123/calantas/Albany/DSC_2651.jpg

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt123/calantas/Albany/DSC_2652.jpg

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt123/calantas/Albany/sonnyware2JPG.jpg

Good Lookin fowl! Hit hard and accurate?

Nathaniel 670
February 13th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Hard Hitters on my farm besides the hatch line would be my albanys. Body bumpin sons of guns........

Jun E. Plaza
June 23rd, 2012, 09:28 PM
Billy Ruble Muff crossed to Lemon(heavy on Butcher blood) are the hardest hitters I have ever produced. You can hear the "THUD" when it hits the other rooster. They deliver one to three blows that really pack a punch. These birds hit very hard, intelligent and vertical flyers.

tylerjapsil
June 23rd, 2012, 11:33 PM
What about Asil, and Asil grades? The ones I've seen can pound.

yes orientals do hit hard my jap brood cock will out power any asil bird

daredevil
June 23rd, 2012, 11:39 PM
WOW.... No Velcro's mentioned..
We had Hatch but we got rid of them cause the Black Velcro we have hit harder and are more athletic...

This rooster named by my niece is Bad Mama Jama

EPG5 Backyard
June 24th, 2012, 12:21 AM
My hard hitters are Cowan Rh, Allen Rh, Johnny Moore Albany, Asil/Jap, Ruble Hatch & Stuart YL Hatch

blades61
June 24th, 2012, 01:14 AM
i have ruble and charlie johnson albany maybe i aint got caught right by the albany but if i had my choice id rather be hit by the albany.i had a blueface cock years ago beautiful rooster caught him off a farm my cousin had a old allen roundhead ugly as hell we put em in a building to spar the hatch being wild all hell broke loose for about 5 minutes then dead silence opened the door there stood that ugly azz roundhead hatch laying under him dead as a hammer broke neck.

Fairless
June 24th, 2012, 04:42 AM
I was sparring my asil against a claret of mine and when that asil got a billhold and lined up a head shot he knocked that claret stag out cold, he looked like one of those boxers that have been ko'd his legs just buckled.

Caliblue10
June 24th, 2012, 05:30 AM
I was sparring one of my hulsy bull stags to a sweaterblue cross and the bullstag rung his lights he stuned him for a good 5-10 seconds the sweater was lying lifeless untill he recovered and he ia already a 1 time winner which he came out clean...so i was very impresses with the hulsy stags power

jungold
June 24th, 2012, 06:29 AM
WOW.... No Velcro's mentioned..
We had Hatch but we got rid of them cause the Black Velcro we have hit harder and are more athletic...

This rooster named by my niece is Bad Mama Jama

I believed you Daredevil , The Velcro could hit like a Mahoganny and has the power of a Hatch............:)

cockfighter_199
June 24th, 2012, 08:07 AM
I raised some shocker hatch/blueface crosses and got pea comb and straight comb.I trimmed the brothers today,and I have two hatch/greys on the cords,and the hatch stags in stag pens.I let the pea comb hatch stag on one of the hatch greys and he was multi shuffling and fastt and accurate.I let the little straight combed hatch stag out to catch him to trim and he's straight forward POWERful,and these are just 8-9 month old baby stags,but they show a lot to be so young.