PDA

View Full Version : Do You Think Foreigner Should Have The Right To Own The Land?

banderado84
December 25th, 2004, 12:15 AM
I think they should have! They cannot bring the land anywhere anyway if they go another place. This might offset the $s that are being stashed outside of PI by fill in the blanks here!:D

or its a matter of Pride thingy?:blush:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

boolick
December 25th, 2004, 02:30 AM
Para que pa? You might also want to qualify that query as to what kind of ferner you're asking about. Would you also include them da**d ferners that are "undesireable"? It's Christmas so... I voted a resounding...NO! What the heck, I've been smitten by the holiday spirit! :crazy:

banderado84
December 25th, 2004, 04:26 AM
...when all hell break loose ....that land aint going nowhere!:D

doc leng
December 25th, 2004, 04:30 AM
Yes, as long as they can not take it home with them siempre.

dimbo
December 26th, 2004, 05:07 AM
Foreigners have lots of money. With the current exchange rate, they could afford to buy vast tracks of lands in the philippines. If we allow them to buy and own land, time will come when they will own most of the land in the Phil. We will become tennants in our own country.

Matt Dunne
December 26th, 2004, 08:05 AM
A non Citizen is allowed to own up to 2000 sm of land under the curent law.
Another way a non Citizen can own it is if it is let to them in a will.
If they are married to a Filipino citizen they can buy it in thier wives or childrens name.
Cheers Mate
Matt

rhandy
December 26th, 2004, 08:21 AM
by law, foreigner are allowed to own not only land but some properties as well but very limited.

Camarines
December 26th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Dummy owner is one way around owning property. A person with capital can employ someone for their business front. The sari-sari store for example. If a foreigner cannot own or start a business due to being an alien, he can employ somebody to be the dummy owner and hire him to be the manager of the store. What's the difference as long as the property tax is being paid and what is owed in taxes is paid, who would question them. One thing we want to have is a police state. The Philippines is the most democratic country in the world. All the government needs to do is make laws to benefit every citizens. All government official will be accountable to the people (government). How many constitutions have we have, 1935, 1973, 1987 ? (I think around four ) and now talk about charter change. The legal affairs magazine I read talks about the Philippines is in need of a new Constitution that can draw qualified lawmakers. It said that our lawmakers are dunces (don't know what it means).

Matt Dunne
December 26th, 2004, 10:09 AM
I forgot to mention they are also alowed to own Condo and apartments or houses.
A person on a Special investors resident visa can own Businesses as well.
Resident visa's can own property as well.
Migrant visa allows every thing a natuaral born Filipino can get except run for president or any political office. I find this rule unusual as if a person wants to live in any country and pledges to abide by the rules of thier adopted country, If he/she has the ability and experience to do the job I think they should be allowed to do so.
Cheers Mate
Matt

F1knls
December 26th, 2004, 06:00 PM
I do believe if they also had this attitude of not letting any filipinos migrate to their countries man that will be a tremendous disaster. I am convince that we should help our fellow brothers in the game set up their farm in our country after all it is cockfighting they are fighting for and not for anything else. With a government that is corrupt, and an economy that has plumted to the ground what else can you be proud of except our national game "cockfighting". Happy New Year to everyone.

boolick
December 27th, 2004, 03:47 AM
Camarines, a dunce is a person slow at learning (oxford)

F1knls, I don't know the motive of banderado for asking this question. But I think, and this is my opinion only, that he want's to know the pulse of this board in general terms. Banderado please correct me if I am wrong and I shall sit corrected.:lol:
There is this woman in a beachside resort who was made owner of a piece of property this German bought. Naturally, he picked her because, according to him, she was a simpleton. Actually, this simpleton had had enough of this foreigner's antics and eventually filed for a legal separation. Now she is running the show and is making a success of the venture. So you see, buying a property and placing it in the name of a "native" is not that sweet of a deal for them ferners. I've seen this done in Palau where a lot of them would marry just for the sake of being able to own property and start a business. These guys would choose the most naive and simple native. Their logic is that these lass' were too "dumb" to do anything that would endanger their investments. And would not put up a fuss either when these peecocks strut their stuff in an attempt to validate their manhood.
But that is another story. Apologies for the digression. Naturally, not all ferners are that way, thank God. I'm not sure about this but I would like to know how many sovereign nations in the AsPac region do allow private foreign ownership of real estate? How about 100% foreign owned and operated businesses? Now that would be interesting.

Bty Hunter
December 27th, 2004, 06:56 AM
So long as they are not tied on any illegal enterprise or connected to terrorist. We need the money they would bring in to create economic activity in our country. Who knows maybe there would be some that may contribute to the betterment of how things are done(not done) in our country.:lol:

Competition is always good, its a good stimulation to creative thinking.... If a homogenous Filipino can't stand on its own as a nation.. Maybe we'll fair well with outside "infusion" of "outside blood":lol: Make some hybrid vigor,breed THE NEW FILIPINO's.:D

dimbo
December 27th, 2004, 05:36 PM
The filipino blood have already too many infusions.(spanish,chinese, americans,etc.)So much so that made Mr. Art Bell conclude that we as a nation, are so mixed up that we consequently do not have a culture of our own.You know, too many infusions in our gamefowls genetic make-up will leave the offsprings confused which fighting style to use.
i still believe that there is some wisdom in the formulation of the law prohibiting full ownership of land and businesses by foreigners as it seeks to give filipinos the priority to own a land or a business. Filipino first policy.
I agree that competion is good, as God created everything in this world to be good. Including gambling.But not always. It's when one overdo it that makes it bad. Too much gambling,too much drinking, too much competition is bad...My opinion only.......

El Espaņol
December 27th, 2004, 09:57 PM
I only think that a foreigner should own land in any country if their country of origin allows it for foreigners as well. Make Sense?

Reciprocation, if you will.

If you are religious, we all came from two people in the Garden of Eden, so we are all related.

If you are not religious, we all came from some monkey ape thing, so we are all related.

gamay
December 28th, 2004, 12:43 PM
BIG YES im a landowner w/a total farm area of 200 hectares.this land is being carp at a price of 30thou. a hectare way way below it's market value , if they pay fair market value i would sell all to them and have the gov. carp them instead of me. it still goes back to the filipinos beside if the said foriegners passes away they wont be able to move that piece of land back to their country right?????? so what the big deal about them owning???? it's all about pride and i'm sure by them owning they would provide some means of livelyhood for some filipino who are in desperate need to earn a descent living . now a days i'll take money over pride without any question ,money feeds pride doesn't :hat:

Bty Hunter
December 30th, 2004, 06:41 AM
In the Philippines that would oppose foreigner land ownership, in my opinion it would have to be the BIG NAME, BIG BUSINESS owning individulas who's monopolistic interest in the Philippines might get in jeopardy from foreign nationals competition. WHY, well real estate is leverage..

Are we afraid Phillipine lands will be lost to foreigners? I hope through fair price... NOt to some landgrabbing scum bag in suit working at our financial institutions in the pockets of these BIG NAME, BIG BUSINESS monopolist and currupt officials.:lol:

If we so dearly love our land, then we would not sell out to people of other nation out of our own volition, thats patriotic. But at our current state of affairs in PI whats patriotism when you're vision is blurry from hunger and need? So should i a tiny land owner go to my bank and go for a loan certainly to forefit because how do i pay back when there is no job to be found, or sell to a foreigner for fair price, and hope that this guy an alien has a better idea on how to put my property into better use? HEY maybe he has a job for me too!

Philippine land for Filipino nationals now... SO why i am still hungry?! :rolleyes: :crazy:

dimbo
December 31st, 2004, 02:43 AM
The government has the responsibility to protect its interest and its constituents. Thats why the law was passed.The comprehensive agrarian reform program is intended to redistribute landholdings. I think the intention is good but i admit there were many lapses in the implementation.We have had enough bitter experiences during spanish rule in the phil. when they(foreigners) own vast haciendas while our brothers were just mere workers in the farm.Even now, we still have many discontented farm workers in some haciendas in Luzon, Visayas and Mindanao.And they will remain just like that for the rest of their lives.
Yes, we have so many hungry filipinos right now. Thats because this country has been robbed, plundered and taken advantaged of by both filipino and foreign crooks. The damage is so great that it can not be repaired overnight no matter how brillant the leader is. With our gargantuan foreign debt, and our apparent lack of political will, this country is doomed to fail. The rich will become richer and the poor will become poorer.
We can say we're better off because we are working abroad, but then, we still have our loved ones out there. That's why we still want the Phil. to recover.

tino
December 31st, 2004, 12:11 PM
definitely yes, these foreigners will bring in much needed moolah to the philippines. for whatever purpose, agricultural, commercial, resedential, or manufacturing, these foreigners=investors who will develop the land to suit their invesment purposes will need workers. you and i don't have to go to foreign land to find jobs.

if the venture fails, foreigners=investors go back to their country, the land stays in the philippines. if business flourishes, more filipinos will be employed.

the benefits far outweights the downside.

PRIDE, is this the reason why we don't allow foreigners to own vast tract of land? where is the pride when we send our women all over the world to be maids. our women murdered and rape in foreign land because they cannot find employment in our country.
the sad part about this is our government is proud of sending our people overseas to earn lira, pounds, yen, dollars, etc..
the current administration of GMA stated she will create 10 million jobs during her term, unfortunately it is not in the phils, hehehe.

bring them in. we need them

tino

gamay
December 31st, 2004, 02:56 PM
TINO

Great great post man you said it all this is what we need people that thinks this way and that should put a big period to this post take care!!!! :rbounce:

dimbo
January 1st, 2005, 03:08 AM
Our brillant lawmakers spent so much time in research and debate on this law. i dont believe they failed to see our points of view. There must be some other big reasons for passing it. Reasons i dont know. To them, the merits of the law outweighs the disadvantages.

roundhead
February 25th, 2005, 10:11 AM
No! Nein!

it will be in-equitable for Filipinos.

that is how Indians in the America's lost their land and their lives. White man came paid trinkets for chunks of land and then got kicked out for squatting. I dont know the color of your skin, but I'm a brown man and nothing in common with the queen of england.

shanebo
February 28th, 2005, 11:42 AM
Roundhead,
I think you do have something in common with the Queen, under that Brown Skin of yours is blood, Red blood, the same as the Queen, Me, Africans and Europeans. You are right, the white man did the Indians wrong, it is a bad chapter in american history that we would like to forget, but we can't, because we learned many lessons from the mistakes we made many years ago that help us live together today. "Trinkets for chucks of land", you should see what the Rich Brown people here in your country are doing to the Uneducated Brown People here that have cultivated farm land since before the second world war......they are stealing it thru paperwork.....No Trinkets!!!!!! BTW, my wife of 12 yrs. has Brown skin and both my daughters have ummmmm.....kinda brown skin.

I noticed you posted in English.......
Just My Thoughts Brother,:hippie:

roundhead
March 1st, 2005, 09:32 AM
well let me tell you Shanebo;

if I meet the Queen I will probably do the 'courtsey', because the Queen's guard will probably make me:lol: and I dont feel like finding my 5'3" self being flung from across the room by a couple of 6'6" guard hombres.:lol:

but seriously, most of the big land owners in the Philippines are mostly from Spanish Descent, and of course they took the lands by the Cross and by the Musket.

even the prime land in Manila, which is Ayala lands and Ortigas lands and so forth are owned by so called Filipinos.

so where do this argument going to? money talks chunks of brownies walk!

I have a friend who is a real estate agent, this guy will sell to anyone!

warspeed
March 4th, 2005, 07:54 AM
NO! NO! NO!

:mad: :confused: :mad:

juan sabungero
April 16th, 2005, 04:11 AM
yes but for development like b.o.t. (build operate and transfer):sprcool: :hombre: :hat: :crazy:

banderado84
October 1st, 2005, 10:55 AM
..... wow JS .... back from the RIP :lol:

What about pwedeng say just 2% land area of each province to forengers .... who wants to try it in Pinas....100% ownership....aba dami din dulyar yun ah..... na papasok....shempre most favored ang mga Sportsman Cockers.....

:lol:

DEEPDIVER
October 4th, 2005, 06:28 AM
i like the answer of El Espanol on Economic Reciprocity. The same way that an extradition law is valid when both country agree to have mutual or bilateral agreement to extradite. Let it be a two way street. I am also of the opinion, as a check, to limit the space that can be owned.

ronking
October 5th, 2005, 12:50 AM
guys....dont u like me investing in your land....i dont see nothing wrong by helping and employing some local people....i like philippines maybe 1 day i will make it my retiring home....:hippie:

RonRon :rbounce:

I.C.F.
October 5th, 2005, 04:23 AM
I think its good no problem w/ me. You go guyz go for it...

bna_talimbabaga
October 5th, 2005, 09:34 AM
i've listed some of the words from your posts contribution and these are:

LAND,LAW,PATRIOTISM,INVESTMENT,JOB,HUNGER,MONEY and WISDOM.

as i see it, these are the words used to supplement every angle of the subject. my little brain have no capacity to pool all these words and use it as a guide to dissect every angle.

what i can say is if foreigners are allowed to own lands in PI, i would'nt want them to bring the large chunk of profit out of the country.maybe 40% is fair profit to let go. that profit was derived as fruit from filipino land so it must be returned in a form of expansion of business.

this is just my humble opinion. thanks! :cool:

Eddie go
October 9th, 2005, 10:39 PM
Ang mga foreiner, ay dapat lamang payagan bumili ng lupa, but in a limited number of size. Do you know that kahit tayong mga pilipino na naging US citizen na ay limited sa pagbili ng lupa sa Phil. 3 hect. kung sa City at 5 hect. sa province, and also we cannot even own a cockpit or built one if "you really follow the law" kung babalik kana sa Phil. Pero sa dami ng mga walahiyang politico, who knows what will happen diba. And the truth of the matter is we are only the keeper of the land, the reality the government is the sole owner of the land thats why it is called" MORTGAGE", meaning till death. We are the " ENCARGADO ".

Ferdinand Marco
October 10th, 2005, 12:42 PM
If You really want to know. Well, son, sit down or relax. I will tell you.
first and foremost, you and your relatives are indeed foreigners yourself. You are only here on this earth for a short period. In two hundred or so years, this place will change with new strains, either Chinese or Malaysians. Who were the original people here in the early days, certainly not your family. And by the way, what is the last name of your family, mine happens to be spanish. Case in point. So don't be too selfish, this world to include everywhere else belongs to the people by God's choice and not by any government.
Ok, all you bashers bring it on. Maybe I can explain a little more in the next post.

rhodell01
October 14th, 2005, 03:20 AM
as stated in the law , they can..
so why not?
am i right?

DJ "brez"keith
October 14th, 2005, 07:50 AM
WHY NOT, ABCOURSE THEIR ALLOWED TO OWN A LAND OR PROPERTY AS LONG AS THEIR NOT BREAKING ANY LAW.

:smoke:
home of the canucks

dj"brez"keith
(on the mix)
(president and ceo of car thread)

silver2dmoon
October 16th, 2005, 08:26 AM
I am a foreigner in this lone super power country but they allowed me to own a property. It has benefited me and it has benefited them.

I guess it's right to say as one has said ... for as long as the foreigner does not break the law... it should not be a problem.

:smoke:

chrisjr
October 16th, 2005, 09:14 AM
you're right silver...

they should allowed them to buy some property......

why not?
:cool: