Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cecil Davis Kelso

ellisgamefowl

Cecil Davis Kelso

Just got the July issue of The Gamecock today and it has a pure cecil davis kelso on the cover , bred by Travis Clark of Stone County Gamefarm , that is a fine specimen .

Anyone familiar with this line of kelso's ?

wickedfroggie
    They are hard to whip good cutting bird in any angle. Got a friend in Ky showed 12 of them pure cecil and won 11. good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    i think its still basically walther kelso's bloodlines which cecil davies crossed to albany's, thats why they came out yellow legs... i dunno... i maybe wrong... :teeth:

ghetto_grappler

READ THIS

I HAVE A FRIEND THAT FIGHTS CECIL DAVIS KELSO FROM RIVER BEND GAME FARM IN THE COLORED PAGES. HE FIGHTS THEM IN GUAM SO FAR HE HAS ONLY HIT ONE 3_COCK DERBY WITH THOSE FOWL AND HE HAS HAD TWO LOOSE IN ONE NIGHT THERE GOOD PLENTY OF BOTTOM BUT WHEN THEY MEET A BLACK MCRAE OR A MELSIM BLACK THEY LOOSE.

DONT MESS AROUND WITH THE MELSIMS ON THE GROUND!!!!

wickedfroggie
    Cecil davies kelso. i heard one theory here they said, cecil put Roundhead in them to make them cecil kelso, a friend of mine that has cecil kelso and got it from cecil son. Told me that they have Whitehackle and claret. in my own observation, all those 3 blood lines are coming out. Specially the hackle Part and claret part.
    Roundhead blood shows up, but with a hackle color and a station and a face of a roundhead looking. thanks i hope im right just keep on breeding em.

6. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    ellisgamefowl

Thanks for the info. Wicked......

I don't have the cecil davis blood . My kelso's are out & out's and Jonnie Jumper White leg kelso's .

I'm interested in the cecil davis kelso's that Travis Clark has because they look very simular to my out & out's .

Do you know of anyone who is fighting them direct from Travis Clark ?

Post Thanks / Like
    MIck or Don of Southern Cross farms can tell ya alot about Cecil Davis and his kelsos'. I believe it was Don Blansett who wrote the history of the Davis Kelso fowl in the gamecock several years ago. And in it he told how Cecil bred his line of Kelso. It was a great article and tribute to a great cocker. Plus I know Bobby Rogers personally and he has them pure as when he got them. He shows his on a regular basis in the gaff and doesnt have to take a back seat to any one. They can fight and are game. Nope I dont have any of them either so this aint an advertisement for Bobby??!! I just know the man at river bend farms and like him.

wickedfroggie
    Irish is right. those cecil are deadgame. i have cecil davies and out & out kelso. this 2 are my special birds, i dont sell them nor i will tell whre i got them if you know arguellogamefarm at gamerooster. That guy owned cecil davies too, they are one of there old bloodline.
    travis clard are holding good cecil, good place to go. Im sure you will be satisfy ellis gud luck

Post Thanks / Like

Cecil Kelso

That's the kind of kelso Roger Roberts is using.

Post Thanks / Like

Cecil Davies Kelso

Scott,

Mr. Jumper has maintained his Cecil Davies Kelso family different from his Out-and-out. They are straight-combed, yellow-legged, light-red to lemon-colored hackles. I've read about Travis Clark and his Stone County Kelso's but I guess Johnnie Jumper was the guy closest to Mr. Davies when he was still alive so I believe he had them intact and maintained through the years.

Just my thoughts!

Best,

Oak man

ellisgamefowl

Thats some good info. Oak Man....Thank You

Sounds like I need to talk to Mr. Jumper .

I have his white leg kelso's but I didn't get them direct , I got them from Sonny Poe . That's also where I got my out & out's from . I didn't know that Mr. Jumper also had the out & out's , and the cecil davis kelso's .

You're right , he's the man that would know them the best . Thanks again for the great info.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile ellis

Do you fight your KELSOS fr. SONNY POE ? just like to know how they perform. thanks again.

ellisgamefowl
    Jakusa , I live in Georgia......it's illegal to fight here . That being the case , I can say that my bloodlines are being fought on a yearly basis in legal areas . But I personally only raise brood fowl .:wink2:

About the kelso's , they are all around you . Sonny has been shipping to California for around 30 years . And that is where 80% of my customers are from . They're good birds .

Sodapop
    +*+ My Uncle has the Davis Kelso from many years back. They are great fowl. All pure ones of his come white legged. He has added no new blood or sold a pure one. A good cross was with the old J O Fowler Kelso.

santiago teran

Re: Cecil Davis Kelso

we also have kelso direct from Cecil Davis go to www.southerncrossgamefarm.com thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I had Cecil Davis Kelso's years ago & they were the best I found for crossing with my Greys... I lost the Kelso's but still have the same Grey blood... I searched & searched... even had Irishcutt try to help me find the good kind... no luck. Finally, a bud that had gotten some Clarets from me emailed asking if I was still looking for some Cecil Davis blood... he said that a friend of his, Carl Johnston, had seen the Clarets & really liked em & that Carl had some top quailty Cecil Davis blood... we traded! These Kelso's hit like a freak'n mule! I'm really excited to see how they cross with my Greys.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...o/DSC07673.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...o/DSC07674.jpg

Fix'n ta go to roost...
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...o/DSC00938.jpg
    Last edited by slipspur; October 3rd, 2009 at 07:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have cecil davis kelso from bama sport they are hard to beat. The speed of these cocks are unreal. Awesome air to gound attack.

Post Thanks / Like

anybody can post what the fowls look like, i want to avail a brood stag but i want to make sure that i got the real once,

Post Thanks / Like

I will breed 6 pullets of Travis Clark's Kelso's with 3 broodstags (50/50)Leiper/Blueface this coming breeding season. All the this time I am searching for a Cecil DAVIS' kELSO until I read this thread. Then I realized I already have this Birds in my hands. All I need are those Red Fox Greys or my kababayans call it the Silver Grey. I used to have these Greys i the early 90's.

cockfighter_199

guys correct me if i am wrong don't rockytopgamefarm have the Cecil Davis & Walter kelsos????

Post Thanks / Like

CECIL DAVIES WINNER IN ONE FLY..

cockfighter_199

Quote Originally Posted by bogoy
    nice looking bird

24. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by santiago teran
    we also have kelso direct from Cecil Davis go to www.southerncrossgamefarm.com thanks
    I heard a lot about this guy "Mick Blansett". a crook cocker, never send the orders and never refund the money. making a HOUDINI or doing a disappearing act. so guys BEWARE you don't want to be another victim.

Post Thanks / Like

friends,
    i live in P.I. now, do u guys know where i can get a good cecil blood line around here? please do tell

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by enzosfarm
    friends,
    i live in P.I. now, do u guys know where i can get a good cecil blood line around here? please do tell
    circle l game farm of joey lacson.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by enzosfarm
    friends,
    Cecile Davis Kelso ....

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/DSC_9455.jpg

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/q...0/DSC_9454.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

ang ganda naman ng manok mo Sir bogoy

Post Thanks / Like

good looking cecil kelso. where do you cross them best?

Post Thanks / Like

where did you get ur kelso?