Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cecil Davis Kelso

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cecil Davis Kelso

is there anyone knows about cecil davis grey? tnx...

Post Thanks / Like

this is a pure cecil davis kelso broodcock on the farm of tripleJgamefarm..http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/a...viskelso01.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

my avatar is a pure 3 time winner cecil davis kelos from bama sport farms. The bloodline is very solid. Game, good cutting, fast mature early. the only thing i didnt like was that they throw a variety of different off spring with different fighting styles. thw wine red color is fast aggresive speen fowl the lemon hackles are more smart and break high. and the medium red is all around fighters. its like three different breeds but all sides are very solid fowl.

aloha

Post Thanks / Like

Diesel,my out n out kelsos come about the same way,awsome fowl in everyway!yfis Mike

Post Thanks / Like

i dont know if this is true but i heard the reason for a lot of kelso blood being so inconsistent was that when kelso died the people that got his brood pens actually had all different lines of roosters and they all called them kelso. so later when they started mix breeding these fowl the gene pool was all mixed up thats why so many variety of kelso. yellow leg, white leg , st comb, pea comb etc.. but they still are one of the best fwl ever just funny considering a line pure when so much variety comes from the same rooster and hen

6. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Diesel,mine come 100% str8 comb,pearl and yellow legged.Some come lemon neck taller station,some come dark red medium station!Either way they are good fowl,they stay consistent these two ways,almost like a claret type or a whitehackle type fowl.yfis Mike

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Cecil Davis Kelso

Quote Originally Posted by bogoy
    CECIL DAVIES WINNER IN ONE FLY..
    BOGOY...YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL KELSO...BUT WHAT I KNOW IN THE

CECIL DAVIS KELSO IS..WHITE LEGGED..WITH..WHITE STREMER TALES

AND ALSO WITH WHITE FEATHER IN BOTH WINGS...

Post Thanks / Like

This is my Cecil Davis Kelso

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6318186_n.jpg

This is a sparring video of his 6 and a half month old son
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTIbQ_JCQnA

Post Thanks / Like

sir glenn,very tough looking CD kelso.is he st.comb?what are the good crossess that you made with them?

Quote Originally Posted by glenn View Post
    This is my Cecil Davis Kelso

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._6318186_n.jpg

This is a sparring video of his 6 and a half month old son
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTIbQ_JCQnA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slickwizzard View Post
    sir glenn,very tough looking CD kelso.is he st.comb?what are the good crossess that you made with them?

SLICK, Yes he is a straight comb. I have crossed him to my Albanys and my Lightning kelsos.

Here are sample sparring videos of both crosses...These are 7 month old stags.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1BW2pw1cJU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb07xKhXqNU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FerPmsRTP0U

Post Thanks / Like

sir glenn good luck with those kelso crossess,they are promising always on top and even in a off balance position can still give those left's and right's.but in the 3rd video was overwhelmed by the hurricane white(mas mabilis ang hurricane.but both are multiple feet)

Quote Originally Posted by glenn View Post
    SLICK, Yes he is a straight comb. I have crossed him to my Albanys and my Lightning kelsos.

Here are sample sparring videos of both crosses...These are 7 month old stags.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1BW2pw1cJU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb07xKhXqNU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FerPmsRTP0U

Post Thanks / Like

glenn : nice specimen of a cecil davis kelso sir glenn! and super clean farm as well! two thumbs up!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking birds to every body

Post Thanks / Like

On the cover of the Oct issue of the gamecock mag back in 1977 there is a Out & Out Kelso cock bred by Mr Davis out of Jackson, Tenn. Six years old and six time winner. This cock is WL and Straight combed. with a lemon neck. It was a gift cock from Congressman James Chiongbian to Luis L Mendoza in the Phillipines. Crossed to Narragansett gave the highest win %. Just thought I would share some interesting info. YFIS.

Post Thanks / Like

who got the best kelso? and what kind? cecile davis, j jumper, dink, coon kelso?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigteng View Post
    who got the best kelso? and what kind? cecile davis, j jumper, dink, coon kelso?
    You may wanna look who's got the most consistent in lk, that's what you may be looking for. just my two cent....yfis

cockfighter_199

doesnt rockytopgamefarm have the cecil davis kelsos isnt that what they are?

Post Thanks / Like

Some vids of Cecil Davis Kelso from my bud LKYSTRK...

Dark side...

Light side... ( both are the same family )

20. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jason_slay View Post
    where did you get ur kelso?
    kay Atty.Ed ng EM SUMMIT game farm....

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: Cecil Davis Kelso

Quote Originally Posted by DIESEL2007 View Post
    my avatar is a pure 3 time winner cecil davis kelos from bama sport farms. The bloodline is very solid. Game, good cutting, fast mature early. the only thing i didnt like was that they throw a variety of different off spring with different fighting styles. thw wine red color is fast aggresive speen fowl the lemon hackles are more smart and break high. and the medium red is all around fighters. its like three different breeds but all sides are very solid fowl.

aloha
    Diesel, I received a beautiful friendship trio of Cecil Davis Kelsos from a good friend recently. They came from an elderly gentleman in NC who said he acquired them direct from Cecil in 1970. He related that Cecil told him they were comprised of 1/2 Kelso/1/4 McLean Y.L. Hatch/1/4 Morgan Whitehackle set as a family. This probably is the reason you have the variation you have.

23. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a copy of October 1980, and youll see why your kelso's and everyone elses look different. It's a letter from Mr. Kelso to Doc Robinson telling how he bred his kelso fowl and what was the blood line of all those stags he sent for Doc, Pee Wee Crawford and Cecil Davis walked for him. The numbers would amaze you. They never, ever were set as a strain or too look any particular way. The even had blueface from sweater put over his out and out hens in 1959! When Kelso saw a cock fight or one he liked the looks of he would buy this cock and if he was a good one he would put him over a couple of his best hens and if they produced good stags then he would put that cock over a whole yard of hens. He dint go for looks he went for performance..

25. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cecil had several familys of Kelsos some better than others and had alot of them I was very fortunate to handle for him some back in mid 1970's I got mine by checking toe marks on winners I handled till I found what I wanted and I kept them for years I got older and slower and they got meaner and let them go.As good as his Kelsos were the Roundheads were as good or a touch better than most his familys. I liked handling them and most his Kelsos were fast super cutters won fast easy on handler. As I said no longer have them. Pete Barker had some real good Kelsos he lived fairly close to Cecil and Cecil shipped some of them they were pearl legged think IN and In marked powerful good cutters.He had several familys of good fowl but guess known best for the Kelsos.

27. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The only one I know who has the Cecil Davis Rh's is Bill McNatt...

Post Thanks / Like

I got some white legged kelsos from robbie white they were from johnnie jumper who were cecil davis bloodlines i still have them very game very fast they are not smart at all they just go and shuffle shuffle shuffle i cross them on radios to give them power and more station no better pure chickens out there tight feathered dark reds

30. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irishcutt View Post
    Get a copy of October 1980, and youll see why your kelso's and everyone elses look different. It's a letter from Mr. Kelso to Doc Robinson telling how he bred his kelso fowl and what was the blood line of all those stags he sent for Doc, Pee Wee Crawford and Cecil Davis walked for him. The numbers would amaze you. They never, ever were set as a strain or too look any particular way. The even had blueface from sweater put over his out and out hens in 1959! When Kelso saw a cock fight or one he liked the looks of he would buy this cock and if he was a good one he would put him over a couple of his best hens and if they produced good stags then he would put that cock over a whole yard of hens. He dint go for looks he went for performance..

Butch,

I guess you are talking about Oct 1980 Grit & Steel as I looked back at my Oct 1980 Gamecock and didn't see anything in there about Mr Kelso.

V/r,
    Don Potter Jr.

Post Thanks / Like

http://s1131.photobucket.com/albums/...combjumper.jpg the secret straightcomb cecil davis kelso that jumper breeds

Post Thanks / Like

kelso out and out

Post Thanks / Like

any other good source of cecil davis kelsos in the p.i. aside from circle L gamefarm? thank you very much!

Post Thanks / Like

. backyard breed

Cecil Davies Kelso broodstag

http://youtu.be/9QY6DVsdncM

release by blue shirt guy

Cecil Davies Kelso broodstag

http://youtu.be/qFoY-LYwnYg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ncyabut View Post
    i think its still basically walther kelso's bloodlines which cecil davies crossed to albany's, thats why they came out yellow legs... i dunno... i maybe wrong... :teeth:
    Cecil had several familys of Kelso he got from Walter Kelso at one time Cecil walked fowl for WK and as the story goes he got what familys he wanted some of the Kelsos come pearl legged some come yellow legs even blue legged there was also a kelso famil throw Blues.When you say Walter Kelso or Cecil Davis Kelso next question is what Family most folks nowadays talk about them like is only one family. Mr Kelso based alot of the Familys on Claret blood and added to them anything he thought would make them better so the different familys might not even be close related.If they worked out he kept them if they didnt was gone. I got this from Cecil spent some time there every chance I got when I lived in TN. and was much much younger-Jim--I didnt read through I already posted to this one but will leave this post on here too-LOL-slipping in my old age-LOL
    Last edited by j007; January 19th, 2012 at 06:56 AM. Reason: I already posted

37. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post