Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why not blues?

duane campbell

Talking why not blues?

i'm in south eastern united states and i have a ?for all the long knifers . why not blues we have alot of blues in this area and most are fought in knife .why arent they mentioned in any of the forums?the ones here are used for their cutting abilities and crossed alot on fowl for the cut.back years ago in rodeo club when butch owned and operated it some blues were used and always were 100-70 favorites.and in other pit action i've seen the cobb boys from ga..showing with about same odds.
    duane
    http://www.angelfire.com/ga4/tater3-...st/duanes_game

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you post some pictures of the blues that you are mentioning?Thanks

duane campbell

Thumbs up

click on my web page and i have a pic of a crossed blue /roundhead.thanks for looking.
    duane

Post Thanks / Like
    SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

MOSELINA

blues

i saw a zamboanga blues i think in world slasher 2004,
    and it won, like its fighting style, i think its a crosses,
    its a primallion breeding in phils. I got a blues crosses last 2003
    and it won 2 times, i love style of fighting.

buhawi

fighting blues

i`ve seen some blue fowl fought in major derbies in philippines............the pyles..........were not that good...most lose in the exchange of quick draws.........

the brownred loooking blues.......and the black ones.........did well in their campaign.they score quickly and cut deep........finishing their opponents in three breaks.

paulajay
    i've known one american breeder who only breed blacks & blues....

opsss......horses too.

Pj

Sodapop
    +*+ I have a family of Blue Velcros. Being bred especially for th P I. ALL the broodfowl were obtained from Wm.C.Middaugh. I believe they will work out great. If they do....Look out! But; Time Will Tell.

james wolf
    Sodapop, received some of William's last blue velcro stags, will be tested next spring in Roligon, sparring they are awesome. Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Sodapop.....U say u got the best brood stock WM had,was wondering which ones did u get?I got fowl from will before and I also have close friends with his fowl ....

Post Thanks / Like

good

duane good luck...

Post Thanks / Like

miner blue (pyle) cross with sid taylor hens as recommended by breeder

and here's two of their offsprings - they are early maturing stags

duane campbell

Cool

well my blues pure look alot like the stags you posted white and blue less dark feathers. the hens though come in a wide array of color black and smoke color more than the white or pyle.the cocks that come dark do seem to perform better as mentioned earlier .and i believe that is why the darker hens are more abundant. the cobb boys from ga have had years of winnings with them crossed out on murphys,roundhead,kelso.i ask why not hatch and old man cobb told me that he hated ruining a good blue with hatch blood..lol..:lol: but i and went with hatch both yeller leg and my line of buckeyes.(green legs).
    duane

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah duane i like them blues; it's hard to get good quality blues and if they have them they don't just let go of the good blood.

my broodcock came from wyoming - brothers are multiple winners fought in kentucky and sunset, hope to get same results out of my miner blue cock; so far the offsprings look very promising. tell me more about the cobb brothers where you get your blues........

blastpak

Hochatown Blues...

Have you heard of the Hochatown Blues? Any comments, pls..

Sodapop
    No, Guam. I'm sure that you and many others got he best he had. He was an honest man. I do know, however that Wm. let me have some of his finest fowl. Probably many others too. But I can't vouche for fowl that others have. I'm not doubting anyone else. I can only speak for what I have. I have never questioned anyone else's good Velcros. There's plenty to go around. Its a big, big world. I appologize if any offense was taken.

Post Thanks / Like

miner blue

miner blue X red quill
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Soda....No offense taken,I just wanted to know what Brood pens did u get your fowl out of....there are certain brood pens that Wm had that produced better fowl(fowl to my liking) than the other brood pens he had,Just wondering if those pens are still being bred today by someone else, now that WM is gone..as far as his blues,which is VelcroXBlue ..they are good fowl, but when hit.... they will stop..........A close friend of mine had two stop on top,cost him the derby both times . YFIS guamgazu

duane campbell

pics of blues

on my web page i posted my brood blues

sampaloc manila/ infanta quezon/ cerritos & buena park, california usa
    Post Thanks / Like
    duane campbell
    awsome ! i have a friend who crossed blue with
    his double wing strain and won four derbies

duane campbell

double wing?

what my friend is double wing ?if it can be told. i have crossed mine on r.head .the trio in my post are 1/2 round head but with the fight i have chose to breed them together as brother -sister mating.the two hens last year was crossed on my pure yellowleg hatch cock .the stags are awsome .1/2 yellow leg 1/4 blue 1/4 roundhead
    the scott house blood has been bred tight for many years with only lazy rooster being the bad trait .getting pissed before they really start fighting.sometimes this is to late !!the agressive roundhead and flight abilities of the blues has been a pleasure to watch fight and hoping to put this into yellowlegs,for all the bottom ya need in bama gaff compitition.but for original posting these blues as pure can fight gaff or knife very well.
    duane

sampaloc manila/ infanta quezon/ cerritos & buena park, california usa
    Post Thanks / Like
    duane
    i reallly don't know the origin of this double wing family
    or strain. some local cockers here in philippines still breed
    and fight them. most of them are already cross though

the no. 1 primary feather is double. one underneath the
    other. see attached link to see location of no.1 primary
    feather, posted 06-16-2005 3:00 pm by bxu

http://www.sabong.net.ph/forum/showt...r&pagenumber=3

El Espaņol

Blues

I imported a nice trio from the USA earlier this year. They are awesome..........

Blues can do the job. I intend to import some more once the weather changes.

Here is the Brood Cock.

Strohmire Miner Blue

Warm Regards,

duane campbell

Cool nice

thats a very nice blue ya got there.some of mine come darker looking also the brother to one i have posted in brood looks identical to a yellowlegged hatch

Post Thanks / Like
    Duane C .............Since u are from geargia I was woundering if u Know Mr.paul Bond?He is from GA and has been raising game fowl for some time now..

island671

Hochatown Blues

Hey Blastpak,

Yes I heard of Hochatown Blues. Very game! There is a farm in Hawaii that breed these type of blues. His name is John from Socketrocket Game Farm in the big island of Hawaii. He sent a couple of blues here to a friend of mine and let me tell ya, these hochatown blues are awsome fighters... You can see their legs extending and hit hard!!!! Hes getting some of his blues next month...

duane campbell

pual bond

mr guamazu
    i dont know him personally ,but i do know some folks that have recieved his fowl .tom morris has gone there and purchased some of his clarets .he was not impressed with them at all.he has spent two years with them and has got a few winners out of his breeding .he has had some to sull on him .he no longer has them only after two years of breeding!.tom is gaff fighter only and no room for a cold breed.maybe mr bond has some good/great fowl but tom was not happy with his ,and perhaps he got what someone was wanting to get rid of.again he is the only one i know of with his fowl direct.
    duane

Post Thanks / Like
    I spoke with the owner of Hochatown.. I ask him questions concerning his Blues, Clarets and Roundheads fighting style, station, his breeding methods, win record, etc., He started getting upset and told me I was "asking questions that have nothing to do with putting a "W" on the board and he was getting tired of it"... What really got him going was when I ask him if he yard bred proven hens or single mated hens until they were proven.

Needless to say, I didn't buy anything.. I can't say anything bad about him or the fowl he sales because I honestly don't know, but I know what I am looking for in a breeder and hes not it.. I thought my questions were justified considering the attention to detail I give my breeding program and also the amount of money we were going to spend on two broodyards..

duane campbell

Talking to much info

he i understand wanting to find out as much as you can about a family of fowl,some folks will not tell their hard earned secrets.and some folks dont like answering ???????????some do not want answer wrong and not tell you what ya want to hear.if they are chicken peddlers they will tell you anything to sell some fowl.i've never talked to or do i know this fellow but he might have just gotten tired of the ???'s about his fowl .i have heard he has some good blues so he has been doing something right .
    some folks will not even let you on their place to let you walk around and ask ???i dont sell fowl only raise for myself and some friends but i dont really like folks coming here to walk around , i guess if i was in the buisness to sell i would have to lift my protective side a little more to show fowl for sale. i let a guy on my place about 6 years ago he asking ????'s then two days later my best stags disappeared???never to see him again????not had any missing since..i have 5 very large dogs now...lol

just some thoughts from a small farm..its hard work and what you have learned and earned .ya might want to keep..lol
    duane campbell

Post Thanks / Like

blues

He may have got tired of the ??? but thats his problem... If I am going to spend a lot of money on broodfowl, I have right to know, if not, then I don't buy... He could have told me anything, but he said my ??? have nothing to do with putting "Wins" on the board... I totally disagree.. He knew that I lived half way across the country from him, so I only had his word to go on... I don't know of his reputation in the U.S. You are the first I have heard say anything about his fowl. I can't find any recent accomplishments of his birds in the gamefowl magazines, so yes, I will ask questions..

He is a businss man selling a product, do you think working people are going to just pay hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars and not get all the info possible??? I have broodfowl from my family, friends and have ordered from a couple of the very large and successful breeders in the U.S., they went out of their way to answer questions or to make suggestions on how to breed for my own success... If a man does not have the time to answer questions, then I don't have time to do business with him..