Thread: any tips from the expert??

LEMON-EDZ

any tips from the expert??

my cocks are on molt right now.. just wanna ask any brand name of vitamins and food supplement that you folks have tried and found effective on your produce!!

tnx..

El Espaņol
    Keep their protein high and give them a little cod liver oil to help those feathers get some sheen. Any high quality feed with high protein content should be good for them friend.

Hope I was of some help, I am not too familiar with all the seemingly hundreds of brands of feed in the PI.

LEMON-EDZ
    TNX EL ESPANOL..

but im just wondering why their feathers are not that shiny instead they become parang malapot. i give more protein on their diet with wheat germ powder, laktamino drops, codliver oil daily, inject bexan every 15 days, some fruits and eggs every noon. am i giving them too much?? or just got the wrong dosage??

is it wrong to remove thier comb during molting??

island671
    LEMON-EDZ,
    Just keep on what you are doing until the molt is done. Seems to be okay. Just watch after the molt and you will see them feathers healthy and shiny.

As for trimming their comb during the molt? I would say wait till they are done molting. Birds dont like to be touch during molt. Their body are hurting due to the new feathers. So wait... This is just my opinion but others will probaly differ.

ghetto_grappler

Electrolytes

Electrolytes is what i give the birds during the moult along with some Red Cell. It keeps the chickens healthy during moult. Electrolytes three to four times out of the week. Red cell once a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    never scrimp on your feeds and supplements during the moulting season... some people think that they can scrimp on their feed costs during this time by changing their feed mixtures... this is the least that you should do... supplements should still be the same except for cod liver oil... once or twice a week...

Post Thanks / Like
    I would reccomend along with what you are supplimenting a mixture of dog food some times can and most of the time dry and once a week a good portion of meat protein preferably beef liver or even ground beef. Birds need adequate plant and meat protein along with fat to produce nice strong feathers. I also like adding cod liver so the feathers shine and feel soft at the surface and strong at the base.

fly'n ha-y-n

SHINY FEATHERS

DOG FOOD, RAW MEAT, WHEAT GERM, COD LIVER OIL, VITAMINS ARE ALL GOOD. TRY GIVING YOUR GAMECOCK LOT MORE WATER AND OF COURSE A LOT MORE SUNSHINE IS A MUST FOR THE FEATHER TO SHINE. GOOD LUCK.

Post Thanks / Like
    During the moult I cut back on whole corn . To much whole corn will burn them up during the moult .

To much protien will also burn them up .

Give em alot of fresh water electrolytes once or twice a week and ad some treats twice a week ie. Fruites , veggies , some Hamburger stuff like that . But you should do that stuff thru the whole year anyway .

Make sure they have alot of shade . I also run the sprinkler once in a while on very hot days .

Feeding soaked grains give them extra moister as well .

I aint an expert but Ive been doing this stuff all my life and it works for me .

buhawi
    too much corn will cause accumulation of gut fats.........we call it "sapola"..........

they need enough protein.........in green featherings.........are blood........a cock needs protein........to support the growth of new featherings.......

i am no expert

Post Thanks / Like
    Your right Buhawai about the protien but TO MUCH will burn them up.

CYMRU
    Cod liver Oil + Laktamino + b-complex, this will do.

Post Thanks / Like
    try feeding them with old coconut meat or lahing, laeng etc and fish guts it might work its all natural no side effect $$

Post Thanks / Like
    Lemon,
    Listen to R Torres. I agree with him 100%.
    Also, there's nothing you can do to get them shiny while at Molt.
    After they finish the Molt is when you'll see the results.

Best,
    Victor

LEMON-EDZ
    TNX A LOT DUDES.. IM WORKING IT OUT.. ALL YOUR COMMENTS & SUGGESTION ARE VERY HELPFULL..

may your winning ways continueeeeeeee..