14 1.52%
  • SAN JUAN INTERNATIONAL DERBY

34 3.68%
Page 75 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2565707172737475767778798085 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 2978

Thread: Hatches

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hatch...King of Birds

line to remember bro.someday you gonna like this hatch blood and i'm sure you will........

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daevan View Post
    line to remember bro.someday you gonna like this hatch blood and i'm sure you will........
    Lol u can keep them hatch. There something to say about a bird that can take a beating like they do but id rather not be in that position to begin with. Hatches are not accuate cutters. Plus most moderan day hatches arent even hatches they just have
    green legs. They've had so many things crossed into them to try and make them as good as moderen fowl. People always admired there toughness but there still just a whitehackle black cross origanaly but if u listen to people today blacks are not deep game according to alot of people. Id much rather own a good whitehackle anyday and have and will again. I had benny bidwell and stan wordell whitehackle before my fire and having more sent out and them are just as deep game but have better cut and smarter. I dont like fowl that just rush in and most hatches even today are way to aggressive and just rush in so honestly i dont see what so special about hatch. Dont get me wrong there goodones out there but ill pass.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Butch93 View Post
    Lol u can keep them hatch. There something to say about a bird that can take a beating like they do but id rather not be in that position to begin with. Hatches are not accuate cutters. Plus most moderan day hatches arent even hatches they just have
    green legs. They've had so many things crossed into them to try and make them as good as moderen fowl. People always admired there toughness but there still just a whitehackle black cross origanaly but if u listen to people today blacks are not deep game according to alot of people. Id much rather own a good whitehackle anyday and have and will again. I had benny bidwell and stan wordell whitehackle before my fire and having more sent out and them are just as deep game but have better cut and smarter. I dont like fowl that just rush in and most hatches even today are way to aggressive and just rush in so honestly i dont see what so special about hatch. Dont get me wrong there goodones out there but ill pass.
    Yfis
    Mark
    L.O.L thats why i love them very much (They've had so many things crossed into them) orthey have something unto them,something special

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daevan View Post
    L.O.L thats why i love them very much (They've had so many things crossed into them) orthey have something unto them,something special
    Lol yep and the only thing hatch about them is there name and there green pantyhose lol. Other than that nothing hatch about them. Dont get me wrong ive had wordell hatch which are mostly perry and there tuff as nail and my buddy feed for jeff pearce for years ajd has his hatch which are probably the best ive ever seen but ill pass. But as u like them have fun someones got to raise them lol
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Butch93 View Post
    Lol yep and the only thing hatch about them is there name and there green pantyhose lol. Other than that nothing hatch about them. Dont get me wrong ive had wordell hatch which are mostly perry and there tuff as nail and my buddy feed for jeff pearce for years ajd has his hatch which are probably the best ive ever seen but ill pass. But as u like them have fun someones got to raise them lol
    Yfis
    Mark
    hahaha...yehaaaaaaa....we glad that there's a name and note not just linking it but loving them ,ooopsss sorry for your displeasure sir,anyway thanks for the conversation

God bless

Post Thanks / Like

i have yellow leg hatch, mclean hatch they are pure game til they stone cold dead and strong birds but idk bout the king of birds? personally i thank they a little slow and dodnt get up and kick as high. i like white hackles and keslo better white hackles dead game and just as strong and more wing on em same for my kelso line my keslo fastest birds i seen. i like a good keslo harch cross or kelso white hackle cross

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hatches

my mainstay at the farm. sheryl penny hatch.

a multi-winner pure penny hatch. last win was against a boy jiao grey.

Post Thanks / Like

I like hatches, they are macho gwapito. But for me they are just for infusion or display. I like them seen around the farm 1-5 pcs only just to continue the line of Karachi.

Post Thanks / Like

My name is Dustin Iam looking for some roundhead fowl. I live in east ky and was wondering if any one had any for sale?

Booy Beach Road, Tagbilaran City,Bohol,Philippines 6300
    Post Thanks / Like

RDR hatches....of Arch. Rikki Reyes

Post Thanks / Like

Hatch

Post Thanks / Like

MACHINE GUN HATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: When Breeding Hatches ...

once again Gentlemen,pls. let met put on top this thread again

Post Thanks / Like

let me rephrase this thread, its ROUNDHEADS the king of birds

Post Thanks / Like

Why do you think so sir ?

Post Thanks / Like

there's so much to learn.. keep them coming guys.. bumping it up.

Post Thanks / Like

a 5/8, 3/8 grade i think is best

Post Thanks / Like

half mclean-half leiper combination simply the best

Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Grove View Post
    I have Leipers,Mcleans and Ruble Hatches, from My Expeirience the Leipers are the most complete of them,(IE they have Cut,Gameness and power) The Rubles have Extreme Gameness but arent the best cutting fowl on earth,The Mcleans Hit like 10 tons of Bricks cut well and are Game,I love them all or wouldnt have them, these three Lines have been the best hatch fowl i have seen,The Mcleans and Leipers Really Complement each other rather well,The Half Mclean and Half Leiper is the best of them all Good cutting ability,Brute Power,and Magnificent Gameness,i will be trying the Rubles crossed onto Leipers this comeing season we will see how they cross on each other............

Post Thanks / Like

imported hatch gilmore brood cock from j.jumper

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0nAxyjusDw"]SEMENTAL HATCH ALABAMA JUMPER- GALLINAS MEL SIMS HATCH BLACK.MOD - YouTube[/ame]

Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, one particular breed can't stay king for too long in this game. Trends in fighting styles are always changing/evolving. Every so often a breeder will come up with a strain or cross that has the perfect style to defeat the popular strains of the that particular time. His strain will set the new bar and people will try to duplicate his success by either purchasing and propagating the same line or creating something similar, soon majority of the birds in the pit will have the same style as the once "world beaters" and it will only be a matter of time till some guy gets wise and shows up with another style of chicken to defeat those and the cycle will repeat itself.

Post Thanks / Like

i agree with tonio it seems like fightin styles change,, but when legal in states it also seemed like when after you seen just a terrible roosters shown if you ask what was that they would reply,,, hatch/kelso hatch/roundhead hatch/claret hatch/black this in spur of course! i would say that hatch is a dominant bloodline that is basis for lots of winnin fowl i know that hatch is a cross set as strain but what isnt,,but if truth is told and records are tallyed up alot of gaff cocks are hatch infused and some sk and lk are also everyone likes something different everyone has different oppinions,, like me i would rather have a bad case of crabs than a sweater but some would be lost without theirs same with me and hatch cocks! my oppinon anyway!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe....that is.... once upon a time...Hatch is the King of Birds...that is in the old old past.

But at present...it's the SWEATER that is sitting in the throne.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe this thread needs to be better worded king of birds in lk or king of birds in sk or whatever but those sweaters are a long way from being king of birds here in us in american shows and i say they are hard pressed whippin rhs and kelsos in the sk! i would say that if you tallyed up all the runnin or quittin cocks you ever seen 3/4 of them where sweaters,, not sayin they aint some that are game but not alot of them, and there aint a cock that became KING being ten minute game!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hitmonkey!!! View Post
    i agree with tonio it seems like fightin styles change,, but when legal in states it also seemed like when after you seen just a terrible roosters shown if you ask what was that they would reply,,, hatch/kelso hatch/roundhead hatch/claret hatch/black this in spur of course! i would say that hatch is a dominant bloodline that is basis for lots of winnin fowl i know that hatch is a cross set as strain but what isnt,,but if truth is told and records are tallyed up alot of gaff cocks are hatch infused and some sk and lk are also everyone likes something different everyone has different oppinions,, like me i would rather have a bad case of crabs than a sweater but some would be lost without theirs same with me and hatch cocks! my oppinon anyway!
    Very good point, the hatch is definitely an essential ingredient especially to the gaff fighter. I myself use hatch blood in most of my battlecrosses and I have only fought LK.

The original hatches barely broke even when fought by the long island group. It was only when crossed with the Madigan blood in the 40's that they began to dominate and literally ran off all the southern speed blood that was so popular back then.

Here in the Philippines its a little different though. The hatch-madigans were eventually outsmarted by the stylish hulsey lines (which carried hatch themselves). The Hulseys were eventually replaced by the Zamboanga whites and then came the Sweaters (hatch in them too?) and now Doms and Golds are starting to become the fowl of choice. I wonder whats next?

Post Thanks / Like

those off beat, hit you where you live orientals! i dont know just idea!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill_Gates View Post
    Maybe....that is.... once upon a time...Hatch is the King of Birds...that is in the old old past.

But at present...it's the SWEATER that is sitting in the throne.
    Sweaters are on the way out, in my opinion. I am not saying they can't win anymore but they are not as popular 5 years ago when literally every fight was sweater vs sweater, lot more variety now. The Doms are really popular now especially this stag season could not believe how many I saw last night. I thought the next in line to the sweaters was going to be the Cowans but the Doms are definitely the in-thing at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by hitmonkey!!! View Post
    those off beat, hit you where you live orientals! i dont know just idea!
    Most of us in the Philippines are suckers for pretty roosters so it may take awhile before the orientals become KING. But hey king for a day is good enough for me hehehe

Post Thanks / Like

yeah im with you those biscuit headed small tailed things arent pretty at all, i also figured cowan would be next but think they may tired of red yellow legged cocks! i think that the bigger more serious breeders are going keep fightin the bloodlines that they have been mantainin for years no matter the fad! its the fighters that just buy to fight that are lookin for super rooster!

Post Thanks / Like

Fads are for peddlers hitmonkey. Just because u buy a sweater cock it doesnt mean your going to be the next wsc winner lol. The peddlers will sure take advantage of those impulses though and sell as many as they can then when the next fad hits they have them also lol. I have quiet the collection of fowl but they all have there purpose and when someone thinks they have u figured out and giving u trouble i can throw a change up and come at them with something differant and when it was leagle i could show in any heel i wanted. Im just not a big hatch fan but i still have a stan wardell hen and have a chance to get some jeff peirce stock and i will cause they are tuff as nails but i always liked asil grades and rh/whitehackle crosses they have always done the best for me.
    Yfis
    Mark

Post Thanks / Like

o i agree about the peddlers thats what i was tryin to say that the more serious breeders stay with what wins for them no matter the breed and the money men that dont care about breedin they buy whats winnin no matter what it is, just like in coonhuntin the big time winners are always huntin dogs that are in style at that time and you will see a man win with a strain that he has been breedin for years but most of the time they flood the scene with a certain sires pups and then couple years later its off to new dog! but i like the fact that i can walk out to pen and get a dog that i have raised several generations of, knowin what i got same with roosters i like to go out pick out show of brothers and sit and think about when we showed their grandaddys not boy i hope so and so done right raisin you! since you mention asil a good cocker couple hours from me raises some good asil and gifted me stag the other day told me to breed it to my american hens of course if it was legal i would show them in spur so what is your thought on them as far how do i go about gradin them for spur?

Post Thanks / Like

I prefer 3/4 westeren 1/4 asil but we have shown alot of 1/2 grades. When i grade them i put the asil cock over westeren hens then the best stag back over the hens. Jerry will grade them both ways and he would also breed the 1/2 grade pullets with a westeren cock over them. I only have experience with hamlin asils so i dont know the traits of others but jerry always fought tuff with that monkey blood in gaff and the 1/2's would hang in the drag no problem just the 1/4 asil were the best.
    yfis
    Mark