Thread: Bob Benette of Sparta, TN

Post Thanks / Like

Bob Benette of Sparta, TN

Can you share what you know about Bob Benette Greys.
    Is this line of greys widely used in Manila ?

epcvirus

Bennete greys

I've seen them spar at my friend's farm.
    awesome fighter, and they come in dark leg.
    They are one of the best greys in the world

Post Thanks / Like

epcvirus

epc....
    do you know johnny benette ?
    i wonder.... the benette greys i keep hearing to be very good and are winning.... is this from johnny "black hat" benette or from Bob Benette of Sparta, TN ?

I guess the difference between the two greys is the leg color...
    I heard that Bob Benette greys are green leg in color while what i see or read about johnny benette greys are white leg in color.

could you help me clear this confusion ?

thanks.

silver2dmoon

El Espaņol

Our B. Bennett Grey Broodcock

Imported......to give you an idea.

Regards,

Post Thanks / Like
    El Espanol,

That grey cock of yours look just like my friends' Paul Sparks Greys.My friends' greys were gifts from S.Lagon.I've seen them spar as bullstags cross with sweaters.They are awesome and smart.They timed their shots,feet out with head back.They'll be pit tested this year.I have a few PS greys waiting for me from my friend.As a Gift........

Post Thanks / Like

silverd2dmoon.....

I have both the Bob Bennett Greys and the John Bennett Greys that came from Bobby Fairchild of Clear Creek Game Farm.Go to the image gallery and I have some pics of both there under my user name...LaurelRiver.....The Bob Bennett Greys are 100% straight comb and are 100% green leg.Deep game,power chickens.I do not believe pure they would fare well in the long knife because of their fighting style,but crossed to 1/2 or 1/4 will put gameness into anything.My John Bennett Greys are about 80% white leg and 20 % yellow leg.They on the other hand would be excellent knife roosters crossed or pure.LaurelRiver...(Lloyd McNew)

Post Thanks / Like

THANK YOU !!!

EL ESPANOL.....thanks my man for your kindness.... what a beautiful bird you have. How is he in the long knife ?

LaurelRiver.....thanks my man for sharing your pix....it helps a lot and i highly appreciate it. Hmmmmm.....which has the better cutting ability ? Can I give you a call....and talk chicken ?
    pls. email me your number..... silver2dmoon@yahoo.com

thanks again bros....

silver2dmoon....

p.s.

GAMAY...... the benette greys of slick lizard farm ....are they Bob Benette's or Johnnie Benette greys ? hope to hear from you.

Post Thanks / Like

silver

how r u my friend ??? slick lizard's regular are of bob benette greys they come green and blue legged , straight comb and peacomb and could be fought straight in the long knife . breaking,buttom, power and extremely game are their best assets. i also believe that jerry added some hatch blood in it that why they come both green and blue ,straight and peacomb. Here are some of his greys blue legged straight comb
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    green legged peacomb

Post Thanks / Like

Gamay baby !

Thanks my man for sharing slick lizard benette greys. Which one did hyou get ? The blue or the green legged ? THEY both look feirce and mean cutting fowl and good looking. Decisions ....decisions.... I'll give you a call gamay....and thanks...I'm doing a lot better now.

good day....

silver2dmoon

talisayon/balaw

my j.bennet bc...

winner in big circles...just given from Davao farm...crippled in his wing...high station yellow leg..

El Espaņol
    Guys.........I normally don't do this, but an honest guy deserves it. Lloyd McNew of Laurel River is a good man and if he says he has the real deal, he does. I have done business with him in the past and he is a good guy to deal with........so, if you are interested in purchasing some of these greys, you may want to drop him a line. He has posted in this thread already. Reasonable prices and he will send you quality with no hassles. Stands behind everything that he sells too.

Good luck.

Regards,

Post Thanks / Like

balaw and El Espanol

guys....
    thanks for sharing your honest and sincere thoughts on this thread.... helps a lot ...

hope some would share more....

Post Thanks / Like

silver

i got the blue legged cock and all my hens are green legged here's one of the hen

Brokewing

Bob Bennett Greys

For those of you that would be interested in the Bob Bennett Greys. The pure ones come straight comb, green legged and silver, like the picture of the El Espanol Grey rooster. The Hatch/Greys, which are Grey over his Blueface hens, come straight comb, brassy back and green legged. The Grey rooster that Sammy Ramsey got of the Bob Bennett family was a Hatch/Grey.

You can deal with Bob Bennett directly or with his son Bob Jr. I find them to be honest people to deal with when I obtained mine 5 years ago and I am very satisfied with them. Bob's phone number is (931) 657-5691.

I have found out when crossed with Lacy Roundhead or Sweater hens you get some exceptional sk and lk roosters.

epcvirus

Silver2dmoon

Sori I don't know bob nor jhonny benette.
    I am just told the birds are Benette greys

El Espaņol,

That grey of your's is the typical Benette that I've seen here in PI
    They are trrefic fighter.

epc

Post Thanks / Like

THANK YOU

Brokewing,
    Thanks for sharing what your experiences are with Bob Benette. Thanks too for ever so willing to help and for sharing the contact info .

epc....thanks my man.... you have been a big help.

gamay....thanks so much pare for giving me a good idea of what the slick lizards have. I went for a doctors visit this afternoon...i'll try to reach you tuesday. thanks again my man... you're the best.

silver2dmoon

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bob Benette of Sparta, TN

Quote Originally Posted by silver2dmoon View Post
    Can you share what you know about Bob Benette Greys.
    Is this line of greys widely used in Manila ?
    Bob Bennett, deceased, of Sparta, Tennessee was made famous by his strain of Green Leg Greys..these were medium station..broad back..powerful..and mean as rattlesnakes...never slowed down a bit..these Greys are all over the world. Bob blended his regular Greys with some Blueface Hatch (Harold Brown.) Bob Sr was a magnificent breeder. I visited Bob Sr three times...and his son..Bob Jr..once.
    Bob SR has passed on..god bless his soul..he had a nice farm..good shade. Rows and rows of 4.10 to 5.5 greys that never stopped talking or digging...active..alert cocks. My Bennetts were all above average..most were very good. I won cocker of the year 6 times here...at 3 pits.
    I now breed and raise fowl for pleasure..and would sell a few. Bob Sr's favorite hen during his final years, old number #110..a left in marked Dark Silver momma with black flecks all in her wings and tail. I call then Gunpowder hens. She was mostly blind the year I visited Bob Jr. after Bob Sr's passing..2006. was given to me by Bob Jr.
    THese cocks are strong as any Hatch..cross well with just about any family. They will absolutely finish a down opponet.My Grey/Albany and Grey/Lacy cocks won 87% in all wepons for 3 years at one of the largest pits in KY in 2004-2007.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bob Benette of Sparta, TN

The Bennett Greys cam from the late Harold Brown of Red Fox Farms back in the late 70s early 80s harold used bob land to raise greys on he used it for a farm walk and bob turned out to be a great breeder because he was around great breeders that taught him how to but they have been a few that think that they are breeders of his greys but they turned out to be bad breeders that didnt know what they were doing. Sammy Ramsey got his Bennetts from Jerry Ellard and they were pure bennetts that he got. The blueface well they are ok but not like the greys the blueface when crossed to the greys they make a great nick that only bob sr knew exactly how to breed I hear people say I got bennett grey and blueface they will be unstoppable this year and then they dont do so good. Know how goes a long way I am not a breeder by no means but I have learned to listen and learned to keep my mouth shut when certain people are talking. If you listen to what most people tell you I mean really listen and actually do some of what they tell you and pay more attention to the HENS and not the cocks you will be a better breeder. Anyone can put a hen in a pen with a good cock and breed gamefowl but they are just a few that can pick the right hen to put with that same cock. I visited Paul Webster in the summer of 2000 he told me any fool can pick out a brood cock but only a good breeder can pick out a good hen. He said when someone comes here to pick out brood fowl the first thing they do is look at the cocks he said and usually they never hardly look at the hens. He said that are your showmen of the sport he said a breeder will look at the hens and pick out the hens they want he said it might take them a while to look over the hens but he will find the hen he wants if he knows what to look for. He said look at the hens how they protect there young a good calm hen we raise good calm stags a wild crazy hen will raise wild crazy stags. He went on to tell me that he would pay more for a hen than he would a cock because the hen means more to me than a cock does.