Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Webster

El Espaņol

Paul Webster

Hello guys, especially you there in the USA Southeast area. Do any of you know if Mr. Paul Webster of Alabama is still actively breeding and selling his roosters?

If so, do you know if he still claims to have the original McClanahan blood?

He advertised that he had pure McClanahans back in the mid 90's and before I spend the green on an international call, I thought I would ask some of my brothers in sport.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Post Thanks / Like

Paul Webster

As far as I know Mr. Webster is alive and well. Plus he still has the McClanahan fowl that he has always had. I know he is getting up thier in years but I havent heard anythiing about him quitting either selling or showing his fowl.

El Espaņol
    Thanks man..........do you know if they are the real deal?

My cousin has heard that he is one of the few that claims to retain the original bloodline.

Thanks again.

Regards,

clickfish
    His Mclanahans are known for it's numerous wins.

Post Thanks / Like
    the best

El Espaņol
    Sweet.

Thanks!

Regards,

Post Thanks / Like

Paul Webster

since u guys are talking about paul webster's mc clanahans can anybody pls tell me something about his albany... i recently got a hen given to me by my kumpadre; a gaffer-friend from the L.A. area... it's a yellow-leg, pea comb red hen said to be an albany from Paul Webster's farm. what's the fighting style of paul's albany...we fight only in slashers here in the Philippines. thanks in advance for the info... happy cocking!!

Post Thanks / Like

El Espanol

I have seen Paul's McClanahan, the one I saw was white legged pea combed. Not saying Pauls are not good - they may even be better but this is quite different from the McClanahan's of Old, I remember the Duke showing one that was Straight combed yellow legged which seems to tie in with the type of McClanahans popular in the Texas area 20 years ago. The one's I remember looked very much similar to the Lemons of today with a similar fighting style, High breaking and smart. If you want to see the Old McClanahans - I know a farm (My Uncle) not far from me in Batangas that breeds mostly the Old McClanahans. Some of them even come white because of the Claret influence. He has just recently moved his farm in the P.I. from Texas.

Wildfoot

El Espaņol
    You know Wildfoot........I was waiting for someone to give me some specifics and I think have filled me in pretty darn good.

I thought they were straight combed........if it isn't asking too much, please shoot me an email and I will try to get in touch with your uncle. Does he have an email or just telephone?

I mean, Mr. Webster has been reported to have great fowl, but if I can get the old ones with straight comb (which I am looking for) and they are in the PI, I may as well try it out.

Thanks man.

guapito_I

EL_ESPANOL!!

HERE THE PERSON YOUR LOOKING:

PAUL WEBSTER
    TEL.( 334 ) 887 - 3544

ADDRESS: 2520 LOCHAPOKA HWY.
    AUBURN, AL 36832

BRED FOR GAMENESS!!!

HATCH , DEMOCRAT , CLARET , MC CLANAHAN , KELSO AND ALBANY

El Espaņol
    Thanks Guapito.

Post Thanks / Like

Mclanahans

Try & get in touch with Rob mullins of Coal dust farms I have seen his go and they are good game chickens.

Post Thanks / Like

El Espanol

Sent you an email........They are a spanish speaking farm so you wont have a problem

Wildfoot

El Espaņol
    Gracias

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to try to get in touch with Ben Rara (BAR Farm). He breeds Paul Webster's McClanahans. His cell number is 0917-8378832. There's also a thread on McClanahans in this site.

ellisgamefowl
    Jon , I've watched Mr. Websters birds fight all through the 90's . Been matched into him a few times too . If I were going to buy fowl from him , i'd get his gl hatch or democrats . They're game to the core and tough to beat in any weapon . IMO , his green legged fowl are far better than his white and yellow legged ones .

El Espaņol
    Thanks REDACE and Scott.

I have always wanted some Democrats........hmmmmm......

Scott,
    I will get back to you as soon as I hear from Vito man. He is lost out there someplace.

Regards,

guapito_I

EL_ESPANOL!!

i have a pair of democrat from mr. paul webster. yellow legs. ty!

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Paul Webster

For me I trust Paul Websters GL McLean Hatch. 4 yrs. ago,e I purchase McLean Cock and Albany and Democrat pullets, and everything turn out very good combination. We got 85% winner

We have 35 cocks ready to fight this year and all of them are 2 years old. Iam going to retire soon and go back to PI. and for sure I gonna buy Broodfowl from Mr. Paul Webster because they are very nice people to deal with. Very professional.

Post Thanks / Like
    mclanahan straith is too slow for philippine long knife competition...blackliz will eat them for breakfast anytime...

Post Thanks / Like

El Espanol

I have none for sale but this is how Roy Binghams McClanahan looks like:

http://www.sabong.net.ph/gallery/sho...hp?photo=32836

Kogmohon - Just for fun - Bring you Black Liz - against this one. I have never tried them in the knife and you maybe right. No bet or whatever bet you want.

Wildfoot

El Espaņol

Thanks for sharing

Yeah, that is what I am looking for. I always thought that a true McClanahan has straight comb, am I correct? I think so.

I have never heard of a fowl that was too slow for the long knife personally. It doesn't take great shuffles to win in the LK, it takes cutting precision. A combination of the two is where its at man.

Regards,

buhawi
    i think mclanahan is compose of..........roundhead-claret.........this cross made breeders.........like ray alexander and dan gray.........famous.

the breeding theory...applied here is....straightcomb cock over peacomb hen.........just like in the case of breeding claret cock over roundhead hens.

funny they say.......that when you do it the other way around....say........roundhead cock over claret hens........the offsprings is only half as good.........compared to the first method i mentioned.there are some things you can`t just do in reverse.

it goes to say.........that for more ability and fighting style........you need real solid winning family of peacomb roundhead hens

buhawi
    i think the breeding theory applies also in breeding.........roundhead-lemon.
    using lemon broodcock over roundhead hens.i don`t know how lancey dela torre do this mating..........but i think a straight comb lemon cock over some real good boston roundhead hens........will produce good offsprings.........than doing the other way around.i have yet to try the reverse mating.......to finally conclude........it is in the wrong direction.

mama pass her speed,agility and breaking style.......to her male offsprings.......seems using roundhead hens.......on mother side....is the safer side......

or they would end as...........fine chicken soup.:lol:

Post Thanks / Like

Correct

El Espanol,

You hit the nail in the head, I never choose a chicken base on their fighting style. Any fighting style can win if you have the cutting to back it up. I have birds that look stupid in sparring but when the gaffs or knife are on and you give them a chance..wof...Cutting abilty is intrinsic, no amount of sparring will show you cutting ability, it comes from knowing your birds and breeding them right. I've seen slow win, Ive seen slow lose. I've seen fast win, I've seen fast lose. Doesn't mean anything to me. Sometimes the faster they are the faster they get killed.

buhawi,

You are right McClanahans are Roundhead Claret crosses. The Webster McClanahans are bred more towards the Roundhead side. The Roundheads give them the lift but the claret gives them the cut. I'll take cut anytime of day, but thats me.

jabez

Paul Webster McClanahan

A friend of mine ordered a trio of McClanahans from Paul Webster 3 years ago. The hens were were dark brown, pea comb, with yellow legs and lots of black spots. The stags were Dark red with a white streamer, yellow legged, pea comb. I really liked the way they sparred. They were high breakers with lots of legs and power. He stopped raising them and killed everything. I wish I would have stopped him. Anyways, Paul Webster gave my friend a 100% money back guarantee. He told him if he did not like the fowl, to send them back and he would pay him for feed and give him his money back for the trio. Not bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    wildfoot...i'm sorry i could not accept your challenge to fight blackliz. i don't breed them. my idol rbsugbo has them and they
    are well spoken of...they are blackfowls named after his wife
    because she wins all the time...:lol: but if you are looking for
    aerial combat i'll meet you with my mcducks

Post Thanks / Like

Kogmohon

Who's Rbsugbo? anyway you can bring him along with your Mcducks. Your Farm or mine. I genuinely just want to test him against breakfast eating birds.

Wildfoot

JAPSIL

Thumbs up Paul Webster Mclanahan & Claret

I was at P.Webster farm last May,2005 coming from Jimbo Dee Cox, Cris NeSmith on my way back to Georgia. I have no intention of buying fowls from him. The old man met us at the Mcdonalds near the main hwy. He allowed us to spar every rooster we wanted to. The Mclean hatch,griffin clarets and his famous Mclanahans we sparred are very,very good. I ended up picking three trios but my money allowed me to get the clarets and Mclanahans only. He has two types of Mclanahans, lemon type,peacomb YL, and the heavy brown YL. They have similarities with the typical sweater in fighting style but exibits a lot of RH character. He was mating the Mclanahans over the Griffin claret hens for long knife which are very successful in Hawaiian long knife derbys. He sells about 600 birds a year. He treated us for hearty lunch in his restaurant besides his farm. His beautiful wife was very hospitable, a good cook and she was very active in the local charitable and gamefowl activities. I will start breeding them at the end of this year. I will also try to breed my Jeff Torbet RH over the clarets and Mclanahan hen.

El Espaņol

JAPSIL

Thanks for that history......are his Dark YL McClanahans straight combed or pea combed?

Just my personal preference to have the straight combed ones, but after your account, I guess it doesn't matter. Sounds like they are all good.

Thanks again!

Regards,