Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnny Jumper

Cagayano

Post Johnnie Jumper Fowl

I will be visiting JJ next week. Talked to him few times on the phone and he seemed to be very honest. Anybody in this board has experience with his fowl??? I heard he has awesome Kelso, Radio, and Jumper breeds. Any input is much appreciated. Maraming salamat po.

hatch333

Jumper has some really good kelso fowl. Just try to get the good ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    To put in plain and simple Jumper has one of the best KELSO's in the planet. His Radio is very good for infusement. His Grey is AWESOME! Basically, all his fowls are darn good! Him and Johnny Moore are the only living legends in cocking.

matrax

Jumper

can anyone give me mr jumper phone # i am interested in purchasing from him directly i want to buy kelso's from him please email me to Jfranco3@socal.rr.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Victor,

This is the first time i hard that mr. jumper also breed greys. have you seen them fight ?

thanks for the inputs.

God Bless.

Ad Infinitum
    jlbs72, here's what johnny moore said in his sept 2001 interview with grit & steel:

johnny moore: "...i got to get one of those grey cocks he has down there (referring to johnnie jumper's place)"

joe mac: "he (jumper) was showing me some pretty ones over there."

johnny: "yea, he bred them out of some of my hens. mac white was down there when those cocks were fought and he said 'johnnie, those hit like they have 1/4 albany in them.' that's what they had in them. mac picks at johnnie all the time about that. i told johnnie to save me one of those roosters, that i wanted to breed him back to some of these chocolates i got. i wasn't too happy about those roosters until i went up there and seen the stags spar." ....

Post Thanks / Like

jj hatch

i like his green legged hatch.

dolphin

JJ Blacks!!!!

Jay Ancheta and Travis Clark went to Sunset to join a 12-cock derby and Jay told me that Mr. Jumper's entry consists of black and red fowls.The blacks were good according to Jay.He saw two of the blacks won.
    Mr. Jumper is mostly known for his reds(kelso and Radio lines) but to see him fight black fowl....really a good breeder.And to think Saranggani entry of the Chiongbian's exclusively fights reds(yellow legged and green legged) which many people know they die hard Johnny Jumper.
    Well,hope to see his black fowls in the Philippines soon!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi jibs72,
    Yes, his Grey's are very good. He won a derby in Sunset years ago using all Grey's. I think a 10 cock SK. Johnny Moore conditioned them.

Hi Dolphin,
    James Chiongbian is already fighting the Blacks. I've seen them in the last WSD. I'm sure it came from JJ. The results were not good though. I think almost all of the blacks lost in Araneta.

Best,
    Victor Sierra
    Super SS

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Joel,
    Jumper won the Roy Jones Tribute last year at Hickory using a full show of greys. I believe the blacks Jumper fought are from Johnny Moore.

Roadman

William Branum

Jumper Blacks ??

Ha !! I would bet they came from a man named Lewis Beard.

dolphin

blacks

i agree,most likely those blacks came from J. Moore but the only set back with those blacks,i think is,they are more suited for gaff instead of long knife.they probably would be good in our type of weapon(slasher knife) when crossed.
    Stay game folks!!!!!!

William Branum

Jumper Blacks

The Black fowl that Jumper fought at Sunset did not come from John Moore. They came from a man named Lewis Beard from Alabama. Keri Lane bought them from Lewis, and him (Keri Lane) and Johnny Jumper fought them at Sunset. Keri Lane bought them because Lewis Beard has a very impresive win record with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ad Infinitum,

When you quoted joe mac, were you referring to Mr. Joe Mac Skinner of Gaffney, South Carolina or Mr. Mac White?

Thanks in advance.

George

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

joel, anong leg color ng greys ni Johnny J? Is it yellowlegs?

Ad Infinitum
    george,

joe mac skinner was the one interviewing johnny moore (although they did talk about mac white in the interview).

Post Thanks / Like
    Friends,

Ask roadman or victor. They were the ones who saw jj greys. thanks.

God Bless.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ad, Roadman is right, JJ's son won with the greys at Hickory last year. Their only loss was against our entry and it was a James Pope Lemon-Lacy Rh. JJ greys are very very good cutters and very game.

bam2626
    Joel, when I visited JJ's farm with a group last June, I saw a lot of greys, including asil/greys......I was intrigued by the fact that JJ who is known for good looking fowl was experimenting with orientals.....Serge Capistrano, a noted oriental fowl enthusiast, was in heaven......hehehehe.....He wanted to look at each and every Asil in Jumper's yard.....Jessie Viceo was not amused....hehehe.....He said, kung titingin na rin lang tayo nang manok, eh di sa maganda na....hehehe...

What struck me most however was how JJ produced uniform looking birds....He was working with about 20 sweater looking birds in his front yard when we arrived. He asked us to walk with him while he washed each and every bird with rubbing alcohol. He said that he was going to fight them in a main against Bobby Fairchield. Those birds were very good looking, heavy plumage, shiny feathers and had thin "latigo" legs....

His broodpen was a sight to behold too. Rows and rows of good looking fowl. And to top it all, JJ was a most amiable host, a gentleman true and true.....

Bam

Post Thanks / Like
    Ad Infinitum,

Thanks for your response.

YIS.

George

JasCon
    I saw Jumper and Moore fight 10 green-legged grey cocks (looked like peas in a pod) with beautiful, full plumage at Sunset in April 1996. There wasn't a rooster there that could touch them - they win it alone.

Post Thanks / Like
    The jj greys must be graded offsprings of the asil greys they used in sunset in the early 90's. The asils came from the late Robbie White which was bred by James Mcwhite to his greys. I read that JJ got all the asil greys of Mcwhite. The asils are said to be of Boles lineage.

Post Thanks / Like

JJ Blacks

William is exactly right, Lewis Bird bred those blacks. Wanna know where Kerry Robertson got those birds winning 15 out of 16 at Sunset?? Darn!!!! they were just for $80 each...

Spangle

fmgomez

blacks

:rbounce:
    Hey I was there when Kerry was fighting those black chickens. They are tough in the SK. Hey Spangle, where can I find some of this black blood?
    Mike

hatchclaret
    HI GUYS ,KINGCOBRA ,JJ ENTRY ,IF THIS HIS ENTRY NOT IMPRESIVE RECORD ACCORDING TO A GRIT & STEEL MAGAZINE

Bobwhite
    He's also an old man, you can't win them all. I don't know how much help he keeps either...

Brian

fmgomez

JJ entry`

:rbounce:
    Hey Hatchclaret,
    Yea he might not have a good record, but he sure is very tough. Just go out to Sunset and beleive me he is hardly ever the underdog. He is very tough. He also fights with the R&R entry and they have won their share at Sunset. If you can win at Sunset, you are pretty tough in my thoughts. The R&R entry is farely always in the money or winning derbies.
    Mike

hatchclaret
    im talking to his record ,, issue dec 01 up to feb 03 ,grit -stell . he is popular in pinas coz ,james using it , maybe d 1st time he was tough u sure his own cock to won , u know , in winning not 1st time by % .. this ff guy are tough and made history in our sport , like mr roger oakhhill farm cocker of d yr in sunset 1990 ,,, 91, oakgrove ,93 94 oakgrove parin , 1995 ohachee farm . 96 blackwater , 97 oakhill parin , 1999 oakgrove , 00 , 01 i did know, 2002 coal dust entry from va how many yrs mr jj in sport he also win my personal view not inpresive according to his record . i salute to young breeder they are great today ,we dont know whos the winner in future ,good luck and a respect your opinion thanks paulgems ng bulakan

alex_g
    is this a telegraph or a text messaging?

hatchclaret
    yes , alex that is my capacity , ,but d important ,,are i dig those important matter ,,,just close your eyes and read sound d same , thanks paulgems ng bulakan