Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breeding: need your help

Post Thanks / Like

Breeding: need your help

Gentlemen/ Ladies on this board:

I got an imported Bruce Barnette Sweater trio from Sonny Lagon of Blue Blade Farm last year which i used to produce some broodstock. the broodcock according to sonny's records is 3/4 sweater and 1/4 gilmore hatch while the broodhens are 7/8 sweater and 1/8 McLean. Can someone who knows how to compute percentages of their offspring bloodlines help me determine? Will their offspring specially the pullets now(I produced 8 pullets and 5 stags) be mated to a pure Gilmore Hatch? which incidentally was also acquired from Sonny. Will I be producing battlecocks or Broodstock? or can I mate them back to their parents, What will I get? I would appreciate very much any advise from anyone out there. Maraming salamat

BM BULALAYAW

Post Thanks / Like

depends

well if you have already bred those 3/4 sweater 1/4 gimore over the 7/8 sweater 1/8 McClean. and you want to breed the offspring to a gilmore rooster then i would have to tell you battle fowl nothing but fast, hard hitting and breaking roosters.
    Now if your tring to get pure sweater yea i would take the pullets and the offspring and breed it back to the 7/8 sweater 1/8 McClean.

Post Thanks / Like
    To compute your %tages, you have to add all your bloodline fractions together and divide it by 2. In your mating, It would be as follows:

12/16 sweater + 4/16 gilmore + 14/16 sweater + 2/16 mclean

this equals 26/16 sweater, 4/16 gilmore and 2/16 mclean.

divide this by 2 since the mother and father gets equal share of the offspring's blood and you will have:

13/16 sweater 1/8 (lowest term) gilmore and 1/16 mclean.

If you add up all the above it must equal 1.0 since you can not go over 1.

I hope this will help you.

Salvaje

joekool

Kumusta manong

Welcome aboard to this cockfighting site Manong. I heard tata Crisen is gone, Condolense Manong. Nice stock you got from BB sonny Lagon. Merry Christmas, regards to the SJ boys in Cali, Sta. Rosa And Rosario.

Joe ( Salanga ) Long Island NY

Post Thanks / Like
    Joseph,

Thanks. Yup my mom and dad joined their creator in two months interval lang. Mom in August and Dad in October. Anyway very good na rin ung age nila 86 and 87. I havent seen you since you left for the USA. Am sure you.re having a good life there. Your mom and dad came to the burial of dad. Its good to know you're a member of Sabong too. Let me know when you're here in Pinas so we could go Sabong.

Best regards,

BM

Post Thanks / Like

BM Bulalayaw??

Mr. Marso,
    I would assume you are Mr. Marso (known for using the entry name).
    Dapat yung mga tao dito sa site ang turuan nyo sa breeding and i share nyo kung ano ang alam nyo.
    Magagaling ho yung nilaban nyo sa roligon apordable derby. Out of 6 fights eh 5 ang panalo. May puti pa. All of them were excellent cutters?? Can u let us know kung ano ang mga manok na ginamit nyo?? They could win fast and they could win in the drag. Like yung isa eh napilayan kagad pero nanalo pa.

Al

joekool

Hello Again Mang Boy

Thanks for the reply. Next year hope to see you, were going home to attends dads Bday (70th) so we all decided to celebrate it, uuwi kaming lahat and also try our luck in sabong, pero sa small time muna. I saw your entry in World Slasher 2002 and 2003. You were fully advertise by Mr. Emoy Gorgonia last 2002 and I was very proud to tell my friends that BM Bulalayaw was a good friend of our family at kapitbahay pa in SJLU.
    Were using our sweaters too next year from Blackwater farm and offsping of other imported stocks, Mc Klean and YLH from NJ and Roundheads annd Kelsos from Michigan. Sana may suwerte. If we had a chance we try to visit you in Manila with Ferdie and John. Baka may entry ka sa WS June 2003 mikikisabit na rin. Goodluck and God Bless You.

Joseph

talahib747
    mr. idol bm bulalayaw,

gamecock96 is right, you should be teaching us techniques in breeding because you got a good show of birds in big time derbies. maybe sometime we pay you a visit with my fellow ubbanites there in liliw, laguna.

i have a question for you sir, how come you've got a name "bulalayaw" in your entry name?

good luck sir, sayang at di ako nakasali nung nov. 29 elims. nagkita po sana tayo at nakamayan ko kayo.....

Post Thanks / Like

BULALAYAW?

Talahib747,

Thanks for your compliment. Bulalayaw is the Ilocano term for Rainbow. I am an (FBI) Full Blooded Ilocano kasi. Ever since I was a kid, I was and even up to now, fascinated with the different colors of the raibow specially when I was still a Pilot. Whenever I chance upon a rainbow from my flight path, gusto ko malaman kung papano at kung saan nagmumula ang mga kulay nya. Kaya when I first joined a small time derby way back 1980, especially iba iba ang kulay ng manok ko noon, kaya yun nalang pinangalan ko sa entry ko hangang ngayon. With regards to breeding, to me I think breeding technique to produce ace battlefowl is a continues learning. I value each and every info about breeding especially when I talked to Nene Abello sometime ago whom I consider as an institution when it comes to breeding fighting cocks. However, no matter how good your technique is, kung bulok ang mga broodstock bulok parin ang lalabas, kaya I put more importance in broodstock selection. My farm is still on going site development, however you can come visit me on weekends,it is located at Brgy,Entablado,Rizal,Laguna near the boundary of Nagcarlan.
    Best regards,

BM

Post Thanks / Like

Derby at Roligon

gamecock96,

Yes, my name is Boy Marzo po. Tatlo entry sa Roligon elimination round nung Dec 6, two entries got perfect scores while the other one had 1-win 1-loss kaya sa Dec 13 final, dalawa ang ipapasok ko. Yung fastest kill prize for the day na 30,000 nakuha ko, with only 12.66 seconds. Yong old model ko na Zamboanga white walang sugat ang nakakuha ng fastest kill. Laban uli yong puti sa final, baka ho sakali masuertehan yung Nissan Serena at maka parte sa P2.2Million na prize. Sa Araneta 8-stag NCA Championship derby last Nov 10,12 & 16, 7-1 po score ko and I shared the prize with another entry who also scored 7 win 1-loss. Sa December 11, elimination po ba may entry kayo? Anong pangalan entry nyo? Thanks,

BM

Gallos Locos

Smile

Welcome to the site BM

:hombre:

Desert Dust

BM

I saw one of your bird that went to a draw, hard to kill. i'm just wondering why you have to venture to the other lines since you have a good birds, especially that Mug cock, ang tibay, is that a new version of mug? Few more years and you will be included in the list as one of the champion in the WSD.

DD

jayancheta

congrats sa mga panalo nyo..

mag kapit bahay pala kayo ng uncle ko sa SN.JUAN si TERIO NANA dyan din ang puon ng mama ko!!!at dun din sya lumaki...pwede ba hong tanungin kung yung MCLEAN HATCH na na galing kay SONNY ay nakuha nya kay TRAVIS CLARK ng stone county?kasi may pinauwi din akong trio na galing kay TRAVIS...salamat po!!

Post Thanks / Like

mug

Hi DD,

I had this mug line for almost 5 yrs together with a YL hatch which was given to me by a relative from the USA. Although they produced some winners on the local pit, hackfights outside MM, their records on derbies was not so impressive, out of 15, only 6 won, 7 lost, 2 draw, so I had to distroy all of them exept 1 broodhen which I could probably use someday. I changed my broodstock last year mostly from Sony Lagon and Nene Abello and their offsping was tested last Sept., 7-Stag showdown derby at Roligon with 5win, 1 draw,1 loss and at Araneta 8-stag NCA Championship derby last Nov.10,12 &16 where I got 7 wins and 1 loss to be one of the champ which I shared with another entry. This years breeding season, I made sure that come Sept.,the start of Stag derbies here, I'll have at least a minimum 8-9 months old stags. so at this time I have about 80 chicks on the brooder and expect to hatch around 300 by the end of December. I expect to produce around 500 stags for next year.
    Best regards

BM

Post Thanks / Like

mc lean hatch,

Jayancheta,

Yes, Sony Lagon's Mc Lean Hatch came from Travis Clark. I heard Tata Terio Nana died sometime ago. siya yong may tindahan sa tabi ng tulay sa Sto Rosario. Anyway are you related to Rogel Ancheta? Saan kayo ngayon. Best regards,

BM

jayancheta

NANA -BALADAD

NANA - BALADAD IS MY REAL LAST NAMES FROM SN.JUAN,AND SAN FERNANDO... I HAVE SEEN YOUR FIGHTS AT ARANETA AT THE WORLD SLASHER AND YOU AMAZED ME WITH THE PERFORMANCE OF YOUR CHICKENS I'M PLANNIG TO FIGHT THIS COMING MAY,DEPENDING ON THE SHAPE OF THE ROOSTERS I GOT DIRECTLY FROM TRAVIS CLARK OF THE STONE COUNTY GAME FARM HERE IN THE STATES ,UNFORTUNATELY YES MY UNCLE DIED...PROBABLY YOU GREW UP WITH MY UNCLE NICK...CURRENTLY I'M RESIDING HERE IN THE STATES...AT THE ROCKIES...DENVER BRONCOS...COLORADO...I OFTEN VISIT MY GREATEST MENTOR TRAVIS CLARK IN MISSOURI AND FIGHTS WITH HIM AT SUNSET,LA. MANONG BAKA MABALIN NGA AGDAMAG NO KASATNO TI HINTS TI SUMALI DIAY WORLD SLASHER TO BE SUCCESSFUL LIKE YOU!!!DIAY ROLIGON 2-WIN 1 LOSS MET ..NO HANNGA NADAGSAN KENKA KAYAT KOMA NGA MAKASARITA KA...E-MAIL MO DIAY NO.TA TAWAGAN KA...SALAMAT MANONG!!!

joekool

Jay

Kumusta Lakay Jay,

It's nice to see your post here Jay.. How's your score in Roligon with your mentor/friend from NY hope your doing fine. Kumusta daw kay Bong sabi ni Ferdie and to Manang Tess ( who works in FEBTC) before, trying to call you para makipagkuwentuhan about manokis but your line was busy. Maybe next time. Lot of things to talk about chicken talk, people in La Union and lastly hello daw sabi ni dolphin. He's a true friend and true sabungero like you.
    Still waiting you in CICA, sica laeng lakay.makaturturog ak kon.

Manong Boy pasensiya nikisingit bassit, Kumusta ulit and goodluck on Dec. 11 see you next year.

Joe of Long Island

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Marso

Received your email. I replied but not sure if you got it. My friends would be fielding an entry tomorrow 12/11. Hopefully they do very well so that we could all be there in the finals and finally meet you. I have an entry the same day you fought. Only fought 1 bird kasi and tabla result so i will also fight in the finals with 4 birds. Yung kalaban ko kasi dapat nung ist f eh nangupete. Anyways, excellent show, very very good birds specially those yellow legged reds. The white was awesome, taka lang ako bakit sa wala kayo nilagay..... Papadejado yata . Fastest kill tuloy hehehehe

Al

Post Thanks / Like

Derby final round

Hi Al,

Sa Dec 11 elimination round, wala na ako entry, okay na ung dalawang entry ko for finals on Saturday. Kaya dehado yong puti, hindi na uso ang Zamboanga white at si Joey delos santos pa kalaban tapos si muroy pa umakyat, kaya lang ganun nga inabot walang wala 12.66 seconds lang at walang sugat, may P30T pa sa fastest kill for the day. Laban uli ung puti sa finals, pang 6 na kung makalusot pa, 4 yrs old na un. Good luck to us, see you on Saturday finals.

BM

L. Rutledge

Cool re

I know two of your bloodlines very well. The Gilmore is a very powerfull and agressive fowl. For your use in the Philippines, I think Mr. Lagon has the right mix of 3/4 sweater + 1/4 gilmore. I'm sure you will be very pleased and succesfull with these fowl. YFIS

Wintuha
    Mr. BM,

Talahib and other officers of UBBA will organize another seminar. I will let you know in advance if we can invite you to be one of the resource speaker regarding breeding.

Pati na rin po siguro yong farm tour sa Laguna.

Thank you,

Wintuha

Post Thanks / Like

Farm tour, resource speaker?

Hi Wintuha,

Farm tour, why not, good idea, I'll probably join your group and you're welcome to my farm, though my farm is still undergoing site development Resource speaker on breeding, me? I'm sorry sir, ako nga nagtatanong sa inyo dito, kasi sakin gaya gaya lang sa mga may nalalaman din tunkol dito, and I'm still learning too and I think breeding gamefowls is a continues learning. Thanks,

BM

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Sir,

Are you selling your fowl? and how much?appreciated your reply sir. or e-mail me at dseona@comcast.net

thanks
    Darwin from Michigan U.S.A.

Jarque

Gilmore Hatch

L. Rutldege,

It seems like you know a lot about the Gilmore's.
    I have not seen them yet advertised in some gamefowl magazines or just missed them.

Do you know of some breeders who got good Gilmore's?

Either a phone # or an addresss will suffice, if you can't give me both. Hope I can have them someday.

Thanks...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mr BM,

Are you a friend of Judge Arriola ( i don't know the correct spelling of his name) cause i heard he is using your cocks when he fights here at Texas?

TEXASCOCKPIT

Oplod
    BM Bulalayaw,

I supposed that your brood cock is a yellow legged peacomb and your brood hen is a yellow legged straight comb.

Please tell me the pheno type of your hen and brood cock-so more or less we can trace back the prepotency of the offspring.

as per my computation your offspring will have the following blood perentage:
    sweater-81.5%
    Mclean- 6%
    Gilmore-21.5%

In my analysis you can pass the offsprings as pure sweater because they are uniform I guess. If there's a throw back it will come out in the stag but it would be very rare.

can you describe to me your Gilmore?

-Oplod-

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations

Mang Boy,
    May i be the first one to congratulate you on being one of the Champions in the roligon derby. Naka 6 nga si Puti mo pero parang lakas ng tagas nun, mamamatay din yata. Talagang magaling na manok. Nice meeting you mang Boy and more wins for you in your future fights.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mang Boy "BM BULALAYAW",
    CONGRATZ po and many more to come.....

jjina

joekool

congrats

BM Bulalayaw

Wow,congratulations again to you manong, another good year for all FBI's. E di nakuha mo manong yung NISSAN SERENA and part of 2.2Million , yung balato ko ha. maski two way cross ng N. Abello or S. Lagon na trio (joke only). Paki input lang manong yung detail of your 2 entries, pati yung Z.white mo.

In behalf of our group (Cyber Ilocano Cockers Association)
    again congratulation to Mr. Boy Marzo (Bulalayaw).

Oplod
    Ay! mali pala computation ko:
    81.25-Sweater
    12.5 Gilmore Hatch
    6.25 Mclean

Congrqtulations! sa panalo mo-

-Oplod-