Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pics Of Bobby Boles Birds & His Farm

buhawi
    jim,the hen has exactly same body built of that stag.medium length body but built like a tank.......broad shoulder.i am grateful to you my friend for sharing me this magnificent line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim, I hope to be able to produce similar progenies of the ones you're sending me. Nice built, a winner.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

Pre,

Goodluck !!!

maning

Post Thanks / Like

Bobby Boles

I thought that Bobby Boles destroy all his famous breeding. How come some claims to have them?

I know one person in the Philippines that have authentic 7/8 bobby boles in his farm..no other than Mr. Serge Capistrano....

I talked to him over the phone and he told me the real story of the boles asils, and how the late Sen. Mitra was able to have them.....

Post Thanks / Like

Boles Fowl

There are very few that have the true Boles fowl.

casper
    Bro, thanks for sharing pixs of asil.Bird that can kill in one single fly.

Post Thanks / Like

Colt39

Thanks for the picture of the roundhead stags..they will arrived in PI this Monday.. very satisfied.

By the way, what is the age of the stag..he looks like 6 months?

I know they will produce excellent offspring...

Guys, what are you waiting for..Jim is the man! honest and will send you the best..

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim Colt,

Great awesome pictures Jim. Thank you very much for your contribution in solving the Boles puzzle.

About those fowls which Les talked about for Mitra, I think those could be for Serge. Thatís one reason that Mitraís sonís were getting some Boles black from Serge. Serge had the Boles black intact, without the native parawakan blood. He even have the doms

Serge told me and it was written, late 80ís in gamefowl mags here that Bobby gifted 1 red cock and 1 black grey cock to Mitra, no hens? Mitra even sent her wife to visit Bobby to ask for more fowls but only cocks arrived, no blacks, no hen. Mitra wrote the article The Oriental, and he mentioned being gifted by Bobby fowls which will stay on his yard for the rest of his life.

Stan Abshire did get fowls from Bobby, but Serge also said, if they fought like Bobbys fowl, he could have gotten fowls from Stan. But he got Boles fowl elsewhere. He mentioned Larry and Robbie alot. Stan Abshire tipped him on some of Bobbyís friends who could have his fowl.

I ran the pics on a photo editor to get a better picture. It looked like Bobby mostly used a black or a darker shadecock to asil jap hens. Looks real powerful.

Pogipoint,

Bobby Boles gifted a few friends with fowls when he was still alive.

Post Thanks / Like
    don b who got Boles from else where? are you referring to Serge Capistrano?

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Pogipoint,

Yes, he did not get any from Stan. He could have gotten more from Les and other friends of Bobby as he did a search on who were given fowls. That was after Bobby's death. Serge did have the Boles before Bobby died..

louie1

Thumbs up by don b

posted 10-14-2005 02:13 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Serge told me and it was written, late 80ís in gamefowl mags here that Bobby gifted 1 red cock and 1 black grey cock to Mitra, no hens? Mitra even sent her wife to visit Bobby to ask for more fowls but only cocks arrived, no blacks, no hen. Mitra wrote the article The Oriental, and he mentioned being gifted by Bobby fowls which will stay on his yard for the rest of his life.

Stan Abshire did get fowls from Bobby, but Serge also said, if they fought like Bobbys fowl, he could have gotten fowls from Stan. But he got Boles fowl elsewhere. He mentioned Larry and Robbie alot. Stan Abshire tipped him on some of Bobbyís friends who could have his fowl.

I got the same story from Serge

louie1

Thumbs up

Post Thanks / Like

Well

I think we are getting closer to the Mystery.

I just got off the phone with Serge. I sent him some birds to go to PI.

He said that there were three in all from Bobby that Mitras wife, took on the plane along with the lugage. All were roosters.

Les provided a hen at a later date.

It was Arineta that got the trio from Les Melvill, & at a very high price.

buhawi
    there were these grey-asil crosses that i think landed in the hands of the aranetas.these were macwhite and johnny jumper`s grey asil battlecrosses that i think made a record in sunset.tiny meneses contacted macwhite and i think he got one specimen of these great grey-asil warrior.i think macwhite and les melvil are close friends and macwhite got them asils from les.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to think so too Buhawi, those Boles asil greys came from James Mcwhite, that Eddie Araneta sold to Tiny and not from Les. The Boles asil came from Robbie.

But the ones Les melville and what Jim is talking about, that was sold for a huge amount went to Iking Araneta and not Eddie. This purchase was made as early as in the 70's. It was just for a thousand dollars or 2. It was a very huge amount at that time.

I don't know what he did with it, I never asked Serge. Les was more on the business side of things and Bobby Boles found out.

Well, we do age, and I'm glad Les have some and he do know how to take care of it now.

Just thinking out loud? Those Mitra 56, Mitra won back to back to win breeders cup 86,87(2 years)had lemons and kelso from Paeng and Nene Araneta. They looked like asil japs to me. If they have balulangs, i don't know? Maybe just a little. They look more like the Boles asil jap kansas city greys I got from Serge in the mid 90's. But Serge said No, they are not Mitra56? When Mitra crossed the Boles with our native Parawakan, it's obvious how they looked like. Could they be or have Boles asils japs that came from Iking? I don't know? Ooch.........

buhawi
    thanks for the infos preng donB

sampaloc manila/ infanta quezon/ cerritos & buena park, california usa
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice reading this thread it really sheds light on who's who
    got those bole's black from whom at what instance.!

Post Thanks / Like
    Jim where are the rest of the pics of the boles fowl? I think you should post some more.

Post Thanks / Like
    please !

Post Thanks / Like
    The Asil from Mac White were from Les. Mac wrote an artical in the Gamecock about getting his Asils from Les. Les says the same thing.

Robbie got Asils from Les as well & Les still has Robbies Kelsos.

Here is a pic of a Muff cock that Bobby had. At least I think that is what I am reading. Having a hard time reading some of it but he kinda looks Muff don't he?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have read a lot about these Boles Asils on this thread. The last time I saw Mr Boles was when Robbie White died. So many stories about this man and his famous fowls, I'd say a lot if not most are just 99% BS. Except for a few who had some part of his blood, sometimes I wonder what Bobby up above is saying down here, laughing is butt, gigling about how these people claiming to have his authentic LINES and I said LINES. lol when in reality, he was a man of few words when it came to his fowls. Even the last two persons that got a hold of his black and asil family when he passed on could not even maintain them after and if only Bobby had known about it, he would have just taken them to his grave... Well, cocking friends, the reality is,
    "IT WAS THE MAN BEHIND THESE BLACKS AND ASILS THAT MADE THEM FAMOUS. He breed a lot of lines and experimented a lot of them and culled a lot of them too believe me. For those who claim to have these and that, it doesn't really matter because if you can't breed them right you will not be able to hold them good for years to come. I take exception to the fact that Bobby was a great breeder. One of the best to come in his generation. Some of his fowls were stolen, some were traded and some were given that may have been culls who knows and some may have been just passing through from one cocker to another. No one will ever know. I've heard over a 100 stories from his closest friends and old time cockers alike and I believe them to be true. He was a nice person to talk to and I believed the things he mentioned to me. If you know how his roosters looked like then and compare them now, they don't look so much alike like his and don't win so much like he used to. He got rid of what he didn't like and it didn't mean that they were culls only that it didn't match to his standards . I've read on this thread about how the Late Monching Mitra was gifted with a couple only to disappear in a few years eventhough he did well fighting some of the original offsprings . So is it because of the late Congresman's inability to maintain them as a strain or was it because it was only meant to produce hybrid vigor only to disappear from oblivion. Interestingly, shortly after Bobby's death, are bunch of peddlers claiming to have the real Mcoy and are claiming them as the real deal "BOLES ASILS" Oh well, how human greed can really drive a person to lie like a dog.
    "See Mr Boles, maybe you didn't keep it a secret after all. Now a lot of them who havn't seen you in person or who havn't even been to your yard know more about your fowls than most of us.

22. Thanks GP13 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    orientaldelight nice point . . .
    can you also share with us what you know about boby boles and his fowls

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I have to agree with a lot of what you said.

It sure was the man that made the fame.

There is only one man on this earth that I know of that knows how to breed Asils & that is Les Melvill.

As far as I go, Boles Asils don't mean anything to me other than history.

You don't hear of anybody winning derbys with Boles Asils but you sure here of them selling them. Even if they did win a derby with Asil crosses, no matter what they say, more than likely, they were not Boles Blood.

It takes a breeder to produce quality. Good fowl will turn in to junk in the wrong mans hands.

25. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes dmsmith liked this post
    lestat
    CORRECT

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I guess, if you want Boles asil you have to get it direct from the sources. You will never know what they are until you have some, and believe me, alot of people donít even know what and how they looked like. Thanks to Jim we know more now.

Itís not easy for me to get fowls from Serge, he made sure I know what to do with it. He was not for the money. He would rather share to a few people with enough values to care for this fowl. He did share a limit to a few bigtime cockers. He would rather help the small ones with this asils. I guess he did not like them mass produced. So he chosed whom to share.

Over the years I have helped a few people with this asils, and people would ask them what they were? They do win. Itís not for everbody, itís more for somebody who have the heart and passion for this Orientals.

As for the Boles asils here in the Philippines. Serge crossed them to American fowls. Serge had the materials but he is not always here, Mitra crossed them to native Parawakans . He favored much the local birds of Palawan than the Boles. He was a different kind of a breeder. Unfortunately he engaged in politics and was diagnosed with cancer.

The Boles asils are not too popular here because Filipinos would rather breed the handsome Sweaters and Lemons. Still I believe, Boles asil jap grades are more for the experienced aged breeders.

buhawi

my heart is inclined to breeding steelgame asils

i have to admit i am also breeding some western blood.......some of them to their straight side.......like hatch.........but.......

what fascinates.........and gives more thrill to me...........is the asil breeding.they are not that popular in the philippines but........that`s me.......not primarily after the money.

i think there is still a big area to explore on asil bloodline.......researching and experimenting.........towards our own individual aim.....the improvement on these asil bloodline has no boundary at the moment.

like what my friend jim once said,turn them loose those young western fowl and asil grades in the range.and when it is time to harvest and pen them.........you`ll have more harvest on the asil grade side...........their surviving ability is higher compared to western fowl.

the breeding trend nowadays........is to turn them loose young fowl in freerange..one of secret of most bacolod breeders......their own survival instinct, ability and high disease resistance will make strong and sturdy out there............and with asil blood infusion........i am assured........they`ll survive far more better in the open range.

and when it is time to harvest............i`ll have a great smile

Post Thanks / Like

Orientaldelight

You hit the nail in the head. I said this many years ago - on this very same board. Of all those that have claimed to have Bobby's Birds !!!! How many of them replicated his record ??? It's not the birds Folks !!!!

If you guys learn the method of the man rather than his fowls you will understand. Learn the methods Grasshoppers!!!

Colt 39 - nice pics by the way - any pics of Bobby holding a bird?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive seen 'em advertised in the Gamecock Magazine already!! Isnt it amazing how so many have the fowl after the man died?? Where were they when he was alive?? Just like Madigan and a few other great breeders as soon as they die then the con artist come outta the woodwork and peddle the "real things". In reality there probably isnt 3 men who have the pure Boles asil blood and I personaly know one of them. I seen a guy with some asil crosses not too far from here and the first thing he says is these are pure Boles!!! Needless to say that caused a big broo-haa over here. But unfortunately some unsuspecting new comer will buy this bull**** and pay a big price for something not even close to a pure asil much less a Boles asil...

El EspaŮol

Oriental & Wildfoot

Yes, you are both correct. Cocking for me personally is 80% method and 20% bloodlines..............BUT.......oh yes, that ever present.....BUT........you cannot make a silk lined purse out of a sow's gut.............no matter how hard you try.

I simply consider my own quest to obtain the real, verifiable Boles asils sort of like my own personal "Holy Grail" in my cocking lifetime. I will then take it from there. Heck, it takes so long to get that winning nick when grading asils that I may never achieve my goals, but at least I will try.

Jim, again thanks for the pictures. They are really an important part of our heritage.

Regards All,

buhawi
    okay.........let`s drop the name ........BOLES........and call it........plain asils............would that quench our envy?

nope..........not until they set records in pit..............in tough major derbies..............

boles asil is just the beginning...............the more versatile........more better asil grades...........are in the making........

do you think these breeders sleep............and let their western fowl breeders overtake them easily?.........i don`t think so.........somewhere in this planet ..........some breeders are busy thinking ...........how they can continually improve their asil grades.....

wildfoot.........tonio........jim clem....ray alexander....are the likes........and many will follow the trend..........

remember.............bobby boles started...........as a wannabe cocker...........in the beginning he bred almost all kinds of fowl.........were then only breeding and producing average fowl.......until he hit a nick with those asils and black fowl......and become ..........instant famous......and dominated the scene for almost three decades.

wildfoot is right........bobby boles is a great thinker in breeding gamefowl.........and could apply it in actual to get what he wanted or achieved.take a loot on thos edesign of teepees.........there was a reason why.some would say he invented cordwalk.....others only follow him.his waterers out of empty car batteies.........his way of conditioning........his gamefowls thigh almost as wide as wrist..........that says something.his brain.....plus luck coming from those nick........he became a legend.

33. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post