Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Pics Of Bobby Boles Birds & His Farm

Post Thanks / Like

game on

el espanol,
    so much said with very few words....we have to finish what we started boles asils or not.i will be happy just to see my asil grades in hacks.goodluck on your quest sir espanol.

Post Thanks / Like

El Espanol

Getting the authentic Boles is a start a damn good start but like you said you're only 20% there. Unfortunately the 80% he took to the grave with him. Not saying the birds are not good, just saying he was a better cocker than the birds he had - if that makes sense.

There is a guy not far from me that would win just about every derby he would join and naturally he sold a lot of birds. None of those people ever won a derby despite them buying his pit winners, one guy bought a full show of derby winners and scored 0 on the next one. What people didn't realised was he a damn good chicken man - he was the best feeder and conditioner I knew. You can only get to this stage by spending time with your birds - a lot of time. This guy would be up at the crack of dawn - off to the yard and would only get back when the cows come home and that's just to have dinner LOL then off to the yard again. Just imagine doing this for 40-50 years - you get very good at it. There are people that just cant keep their hands off a chicken. Oh s**t I've got to go now the chikens just pooed on the keyboard. I really should stop typing with a chicken in one hand.:lol:

Wildfoot

Post Thanks / Like

LOL

You better go clean your keyboard,:lol:

Les asked me a while back, why so much interest in Boles & his fowl.

I explained to him that I have met a bunch of good people on the internet & made friends with quit a few of them & we all was getting into the history. Thank you SABONG.

I have never been a person to go after a name. Infact, I prefer to set a family of my own fowl, that way I can take the glory, or go down with the ship. I am, right now in the process of setting a black family & so far, I am very pleased.

So that night, I called him up & asked him, Who is Bobby Boles. He said, what do you mean, he did not understand me.

I then explained my self by saying, Who is Bobby Boles, history & nothing more. I told him (Les) that he was the man. The Asils I have received from him are not Bobby's Asils, they are Les's Asils.

He can call them anything he wants to. They are the best I have seen & I told him that, even though, I did not have to, because he knows that.

So, I will almost agree with your 80% to 20%.

I think it is a little closer than that but it does takes a true cocker to get them to preform at a peak preformance.

4. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jim,

check your email, i sent you 1.

Post Thanks / Like
    JIm,

Bobby left a record and a mystery, or a puzzle to solve. It's thru friends of Bobby and people like you Jim, that we can put a few peices together. Still very few people have his asils, and everything here don't mean a thing to others that don't have.

Without a hen? It's good Les is still around. Just wondering, could Les be the Ancient One, the man who wrote about Bobby on the Feathered warrior? The Ancient one was interested in horses?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ever wonder why they did not tell anyone about how they bred those birds? Thomas Murphy and Bobby Boles never told their secrets to anyone and all we could do is try to specualte or make calculated guesses. Would they have stayed on top if they did tell anyone? I guess it was too competitive then as well. A little edge goes a looong way......

sampaloc manila/ infanta quezon/ cerritos & buena park, california usa
    Post Thanks / Like
    troy

the way i see it and read in various threads and sites bobby
    boles started showing asil graded as early as 1960. pictures of
    him will prove that.

but think about it. that years it will be pited against good looking
    western fowls. don't you think he became a laughing stock to
    cockers that time. Its human tendency, its new, its ugly looking,
    it bill holding all those undesirable traits of asils. so this lead the
    old man cull hard, fit each other in his yard, all those hard times.

NOT until he turned the tide upside down and harvest his winning
    sprees and unbreakable record.

don't you think that led the old man to keep the secret himself.
    don't you think its justifiable after spending most of his life and
    that of his prime time too breeding them.

so those who hold the true boles asils, your lucky enough for
    having them, the sweat, the tears and the glory of the old man.

cheers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Don, I don't think so because Les does not have horses. I will ask & see if he knows.

Troy, very true, just a little edge will take you a long way. Also, I would be willing to bet that if Bobby did tell his secrets, he would have still stayed on top.

Secrets are one thing but knowing what to do with it is another. The man just had the eye like no other & the kack for producing cocks that very seldom lost.

Juan, you are right, some of these pics vere dated, 1962.

10. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    more pics jim just post a good sum of them

paulajay
    I've seen some Asils and Japs in recent WSC2005...

Those asil is from the entry of George Torres - JGT entry
    winning in convinsing fashion... oh! he lost his match to joe sanford...sweater looking vs black asil of JGT.

The Japs with ponkan in color yellow leg, winning and simply outlast his opponent. i don't know the owner of the japs fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

Don B

I am very familiar with the Asils that McWhite sent Eddie Araneta. I remember those birds well!!!!! as the boys in Eddie's farm Sparred him a against recent arrival - Kelso from Johnny Jumper (I think). He killed the kelso in the spar with muffs on. The boys were beside themselves as they did not know how to Explain to Eddie that His cherished Kelso from his good friend was killed in the spar.

By the way the birds that Mcwhite sent Eddie ended up with me .

Wildfoot

buhawi
    preng wildfoot...........you`re the missing link...........kakuna nga bat andito kay joey:lol:

the question now...........is if tiny meneses.........got the real full brothers of these cocks.

Post Thanks / Like
    wildfoot

is that the one you're holding on the pic in your gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Mac White

I just hope everybody understands that the Asils that Mac White had are the Melvill Asils. Not Boles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Jim, I think it's what they called, "mighty mouse" asil. I always thought that Mcwhite had asils from both Les and Robbie. but maybe not. I wonder if you have pitures of Boles doms?

Post Thanks / Like

Doms

Don, I do not have any pics of the Doms as of yet.

Did you read my post about the Doms. If not go back in this thread. It is kinda interesting.

I will bring some more pics back on my next visit to see Les.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes, Les California hatch. But when I bred the dom sisters I got from Serge, one hen produced black sid looking fowls while the other one produced more white on the doms? But those doms, don't fight like a black but more like a hatch. The albany crossed on the doms by Serge probably did made some changes. I'm all white haired and still I'm learning, I hope I don't get bald wondering?.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Pictures..

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Are bobby boles blacks yellow eyes or red eyes ? I just noticed in those pics. can't tell if its red eyes or yellow eyes. thanks.

bamablack

George Torres fowl were Asil -Browrned crosses

Paulajay,

The fowl that you are speaking of are 1/2 asil 1/2 Brownred and some are breed 3/4 brownred 1/4 asil. George Torres gave Joe Mac 10,000 dollars for the old Frank Ellis Brownreds. He carried them to Jackie Rogers of Geraldine, Alabama for Jackie to start breeding the fowl. Jackie crossed them on the old ben best line of asils that george Obrien and ben when to a fellow that was fighting them in Louisiana. Jackie crossed the asil over the brownreds for george torres. Jackie fought a show of them at Sunset winning 6-1 with them in the short knife. Jerry Wallace liked the fowl so much that he asked Jackie to get him one of the asil cocks. Jackie called George and got wallace one of the asils. This is what produce the fowl that jerry is fighting in the short knife. Hatch-Asils. Back to George Torres, Jackie sent the last remaining roosters to the Phillipines to Johnny Phillips and George they fought them in the PI's. I did not know how they came out.

I bought my brownreds from jackies and 6-asil-brownred hens and a brownred asil cock. I later acquired the asils thru friendship with the person that George O'brien obtained the fowl from that he carried to Jerry.

Sincerely,
    Darryl Yates (BamaBlack)
    Rainsville, Alabama

Post Thanks / Like
    i'll see my friend next week and will get a copy of pic of
    spkr ramon mitra's bobby boles black taken few days
    after it's arrival to the philipines.

paulajay
    Hi Darryl,

do you know jhonny pillips? the roundheads that he breed carry the asil blood. deadly cutting machine.

I've seen his roundhead here in the philippines together with wilbert leblack (hope that spelling was correct) Yellow rose game farm and richard harris...1998 COY of the year @ sunset.

YFIS
    Pj

bamablack

Johnny Phillips

Paulajay,

Yes,
    I know Johnny, have known him for years, I see his brother bill around the chicken fights, Those are good roundheads that Johnny has, Johnny and Colonel Givins use to fight some of the best Hatch-Roundheads that I have ever seen. Colonel has passed on and alot of the fowl went to Jackie. I told alot of Colonel. Well, I haven't seen Johnny in quite some time, he is sending alot of the time in the PI's, the last that I heard of Johnny was that he called jackie about the asil brownreds to fight them in the phillipines. I did not ever fight out how he done with them. Have you seen many of the Corken Sweaters fight in the PI's this year, A friend of mine raised about 800 stags this year and has nearly sold everyone of them. He had shipped alot to Guam last year and they have won alot of debries with them. He has the best Blues in the world for the long knife. Hatch-blue crosses. Well, if you see Johnny tell him that Darryl Yates said Hi.
    Sincerely,
    Darryl Yates

Post Thanks / Like
    hi! jim got some more pictures to share :lol:

paulajay
    Hi darryl,

have not seen johnny for years now...last year only richard and wilbert come here in the philippines for WSD fights.

not familiar with the sweater talking...

Yes if we meet again i'll tell him about you.

yfis
    Pj

Post Thanks / Like

Juan

I will have a bunch more when I go back to visit Les again.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Colt 39

Yes, I believe that the Asil's McWhite sent Eddie were from Les.

JS & Buhawi,

No missing link here, to be honest I have not have paid attention to the birds that McWhite sent as I already had them a decade before. He sent Simbecks, Albany's, Mcleans etc...birds that I already have. Plus I am happy with my Asil's, I have spent many years getting them to where I want them to be. I believe my White Asil's are as good as any out there - if not better.

Wildfoot

Post Thanks / Like

Don't take my word for it.

Call Mac, he will be up front with you.

Post Thanks / Like

Pure Bobby Boles Asil

Here is the picture of a pure, inbred Bobby Boles' Asil taken June 1, 2003. This particular broodcock is out from the breeding stocks which Bobby personally gifted Ramon Mitra years back. Mr. Edwin Deles has been breeding this and has infused to his sweaters to achieve a fantastic winning record. In fact, three of the sweaters Edwin used to win the championship in Candelaria 2004 has a 1/8 infusion of this broodcock.

[IMG][/IMG]

Post Thanks / Like
    A few months back, Serge was here. He told me Edwin Deles got Boles fowl from him. Serge did borrow an original Boles red cock gifted to Mitra by Bobby to cross to his asil atkinson that came from Les.

Edwin said to Serge, he still have to lose one?

From what I see, this fowl have more japs. Serge put in a Jap blood that came from a friend that fights them before a year. After a year they grow so big. The Jap blood was used in cock fights by a Japanese syndicate.