Thread: secret conditioning method from International Game Fowl Farms

Hybrid View

edmcclaskey

secret conditioning method from black velcro farm

To all my good friends,This method of conditioning is proven method to have the strongest cocks, also they are conditiond 365 days a year
    A 7 foot pen by 3 feet wide 3 feet tall with a good top from the rain and snow, the secret to this is the 12 to 16 inch jump with a 2 by 4 side ways roost, they must not be able to go under the jump because the wouldent receive the benifit, do not feed them until 4 pm each day you will see the bird will go up and down over 100 times a day, thus creating strong legs and strong heart and big wind in lungs I recomend two ounces of grain a day because they burn a lot of calories in daily training, It is much better to train your birds this way than tie cord, because the difference in physical condition is awesome, it is better to train everyday then a two week keep, A two week keep versus a cock who has been in conditioning all his life, add good genetic bird also red cell vitamins in drinking water 365
    Try this method and if you meet my bird, place your bets accordingly, You will be meeting a rooster who has been exercised this way all his life.... Ed Mcclaskey
    sweater trios 600

www.blackvelcro.com

www.pitmaster.com/stanleygamefarm

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: secret conditioning method from black velcro farm

Quote Originally Posted by edmcclaskey
    To all my good friends,This method of conditioning is proven method to have the strongest cocks, also they are conditiond 365 days a year
    A 7 foot pen by 3 feet wide 3 feet tall with a good top from the rain and snow, the secret to this is the 12 to 16 inch jump with a 2 by 4 side ways roost, they must not be able to go under the jump because the wouldent receive the benifit, do not feed them until 4 pm each day you will see the bird will go up and down over 100 times a day, thus creating strong legs and strong heart and big wind in lungs I recomend two ounces of grain a day because they burn a lot of calories in daily training, It is much better to train your birds this way than tie cord, because the difference in physical condition is awesome, it is better to train everyday then a two week keep, A two week keep versus a cock who has been in conditioning all his life, add good genetic bird also red cell vitamins in drinking water 365
    Try this method and if you meet my bird, place your bets accordingly, You will be meeting a rooster who has been exercised this way all his life.... Ed Mcclaskey
    sweater trios 600

www.blackvelcro.com

Hey I think this is a great method Sir for our birds in training, I like it. I have a question, does it also helps them to do some scratching. Or you do scratching your own way? Reply as soon as possible...thanx . Good method by the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: secret conditioning method from International Game Fowl Farms

Also I seen the picture of your pen you were describing to us, it looks nice. So what do you cover around the pen cages or wood? And for the roof top is it all covered of wood or not all of it? Is it covered by cages? So what materials do you use to cover the whole pen with? Could you send me picture the pen that is fully completed, because I wanna start building it before the year ends. Thanx

Post Thanks / Like

Re: secret conditioning method from black velcro farm

sweater trios 600

www.blackvelcro.com

good day cockers,

Just wondering, why would the cock jump over the roost over 100 times a day? another is that can we adjust the length of the pen that instead of 7 feet, we can just do 6 or 5 feet?
    And can we just put them in the pen instead of the chord area? would that be bad for the wings because they wouldn't be able exercise it like for example jump to roost at 4 feet?

Hope you guys can reply,

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: secret conditioning method from International Game Fowl Farms

Originally Posted by edmcclaskey
    sweater trios 600

www.blackvelcro.com

good day cockers,

Just wondering, why would the cock jump over the roost over 100 times a day? another is that can we adjust the length of the pen that instead of 7 feet, we can just do 6 or 5 feet?
    And can we just put them in the pen instead of the chord area? would that be bad for the wings because they wouldn't be able exercise it like for example jump to roost at 4 feet?

Hope you guys can reply,

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Cockmates,

Edncclaskey shared his very effective method and i salute him for his generousity in sharing his secret with us.

Few months back after reading his ideas, i come to think and visualized how a rooster will jump back and fort in it. I called my manager and applied the idea for me to find out how effective will this be. We made a couple of pens as Ed's description per his dimension and put a rooster in it for more than three weeks. My helps noticed that they really jump up and down the roost often specially before feeding time and everytime you pass-by teasing them with a catch cock. Also, while the roosters on the pen, we been giving them necessary supplements needed as if you are conditoning them for a fight.

After three weeks, we checked the roosters that we put in Ed's suggested pens and noticed that they got tighter and muscular legs before putting them in that pen. Also, we were amazed after sparring them to the roosters that we were conditioning on our own way. Accdg. to my brother, their legs power is as strong as the one we were conditioning.

He said the only difference is they slightly lost the wing power. So what we did is, in addition to Ed's idea, we alternately put them in the flying pen at least 2 hours every day to exercise their wings.

With the good result/benefit using this method, IMHO, conditoning our feathered warriors will need less effort than the normal ways.

For the record, we are on the stage of making more of his pen using steel rods (1/2 inch) and nets. Plus, for sure Ed's method will be used in conditioning our warriors in the future.

Try these, it works to me maybe to you as well.

Thanks Ed, your friend in sports,

Mandy

Quote Originally Posted by MLGFmico
    Originally Posted by edmcclaskey
    sweater trios 600

www.blackvelcro.com

good day cockers,

Hope you guys can reply,

Thanks
    Last edited by Mandy; January 29th, 2009 at 03:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy
    Cockmates,

Edncclaskey shared his very effective method and i salute him for his generousity in sharing his secret with us.

Few months back after reading his ideas, i come to think and visualized how a rooster will jump back and fort in it. I called my manager and applied the idea for me to find out how effective will this be. We made a couple of pens as Ed's description per his dimension and put a rooster in it for more than three weeks. My helps noticed that they really jump up and down the roost often specially before feeding time and everytime you pass-by teasing them with a catch cock. Also, while the roosters on the pen, we been giving them necessary supplements needed as if you are conditoning them for a fight.

After three weeks, we checked the roosters that we put in Ed's suggested pens and noticed that they got tighter and muscular legs before putting them in that pen. Also, we were amazed after sparring them to the roosters that we were conditioning on our own way. Accdg. to my brother, their legs power is as strong as the one we were conditioning.

He said the only difference is they slightly lost the wing power. So what we did is, in addition to Ed's idea, we alternately put them in the flying pen at least 2 hours every day to exercise their wings.

With the good result/benefit using this method, IMHO, conditoning our feathered warriors will need less effort than the normal ways.

For the record, we are on the stage of making more of his pen using steel rods (1/2 inch) and nets. Plus, for sure Ed's method will be used in conditioning our warriors in the future.

Mandy
    Thank you sir Mandy,

You said that this method is really good for the legs but the only thing is that, your birds lost a little wing power. But for example, your bird is a grounder, is this still good for them even if you will lose a little wing power? I'm really convinced by sir ed's method, becuase I love grounders and this will really help me a lot.

And for example, can it be just 5 to 6 feet instead of 7 feet? and can it be at least 3 1/2 to 4 feet high?

Hope you can reply again, Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

why not just make it higher? combine the flypen?
    4 ft x 7 ft by 8ft high install a 10 inch roost in the middle
    maybe 6 ft high with a roof.
    this way he can run around jump around then fly to roost.
    you will save space instead of having separate setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy
    Cockmates,

Mandy
    Last edited by blue_talon; January 30th, 2009 at 08:31 AM.

edmcclaskey

Smile Re: secret conditioning method from International Game Fowl Farms

Mandy good for you, You need to rotate to a fly pen to exercise the wings is correct,

kings game farm were 4 of the wsc 09 winners come from have many of these pens,

Good luck Ed

www.kingsgamefarm.com

Lots of fresh water, never water a bird out of a bowl you would not drink from yourself..
    you can easily move these pens onto fresh grass..

These pens designs were used by Harold Brown at his farm..is were I learn this method of conditioning birds..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blue_talon
    why not just make it higher? combine the flypen?
    4 ft x 7 ft by 8ft high install a 10 inch roost in the middle
    maybe 6 ft high with a roof.
    this way he can run around jump around then fly to roost.
    you will save space instead of having separate setup.
    good observations.....why not....exercise the legs & wings at same time and saving plenty of spaces in our small backyard.

Post Thanks / Like

sweater trios 600

www.blackvelcro.com

someday i will use this method of yours, sir. thanks you for sharing your idea to us!

Post Thanks / Like

ill try this in my farm

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: secret conditioning method from black velcro farm

sweater trios 600

www.blackvelcro.com

Mr. Ed Mcclaskey your conditioning method is a very good method to use for your birds. Absolutely they're training their whole life from chick until to cocks, into the pit. The design of the pen is really good for the cocks to jump 100 times a day. Its good for the legs especially for in their ground game, it could compare a cock in the tee pee or better. They need to be in the fly pen for two hrs. a day for wing power. I've been reading other peoples comments about and what they think about it this method. How they want to change or extend the design of the pen, to get better result but same benefits. Before I start building the pen, could I use those tall green Filipino fly pen(not the pyramid drop pen)because those pens are similar(size wise) to your pen but taller. I have four of those the length is 5 1/2, width is 3, and the height is 5ft. . I was wondering if I could raise the roost about 3 ft. would it have the same benefits as your method and pen work out. Reply back as soon as possible, so I can start training them. Thanks

edmcclaskey

yes you can use those pens with good results, as long as your birds are jumping up and over the center , do not allow them to go under the roost use as seen in my photos for best results,
    The jumping action is what builds them up in strength...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by edmcclaskey View Post
    sweater trios 600

www.blackvelcro.com

Post Thanks / Like

sweater trios 600

www.blackvelcro.com

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Ed,

I'm Melvin, and i'm new to this forum and read one of your ways in Training and conditioning your gamefowl, i'm just a beginner mr. ed and i want to learn from one of the best. My question is, what it looks like a 2 by 4 sideways roost on 7 foot pen by 3 feet wide and 3 feet tall pen i'm just curious about it. Thanks so much and looking forward about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NONOY View Post
    Mr. Ed,

I'm Melvin, and i'm new to this forum and read one of your ways in Training and conditioning your gamefowl, i'm just a beginner mr. ed and i want to learn from one of the best. My question is, what it looks like a 2 by 4 sideways roost on 7 foot pen by 3 feet wide and 3 feet tall pen i'm just curious about it. Thanks so much and looking forward about it.
    A lot of the questions being asked are being repeated over and over again! Please take the time time to go through the whole thread cause Mr. Ed did post pictures of the cage he is talking about. If you are wondering how it works, look through the threads again cause cockers are using it with great success, both in the US and the Phillipines! I've used this method in the past and will continued using it cause it simply works with fly pen rotations.

Post Thanks / Like

I got one almost the exact size that I made out of a twin bed frame that I was gona throw away. What is the difference between this type of pen & a jump pen ....

Post Thanks / Like

now i'm learning,....................

Post Thanks / Like

Can someone put a picture of a jump pen cause none of the sites are working for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Any other 365 day keep advise for a newb?

Post Thanks / Like

What ever happend to Ed ? , is he still around here ?

Post Thanks / Like

sweater trios 600

www.blackvelcro.com

no disrespect friend but has been done for years. alot of old timers i know use this method, it does work well.

Post Thanks / Like

Who is using this right now .
    ?