Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: nux vomica

Gladiator23

Smile nux vomica

In one visit at our local agrivet store, i had my eyes chance upon a tiny amber bottle labelled nux vomica. I noticed that the tiny bottle had no detailed instructions or indications as to proper use. Cockmates, any help on the proper way of using nux vomica would be greatly appreciated.

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Itís not advisable to administer Nux Vomica in humid weather like P.I. It will do harm than good to your rooster. The only advantage is when the fight goes into a drag you will have an edge due to itís hard to kill effect. It will keep on showing (pick) as to the last breath. My one cent.

Gladiator23

Sundowner

How about adjusting the application to suit the weather conditions here in the pi? I heard some cockmates here in pi are taking the risk with the nux and quite frankly i am inclined to experiment too. Cocking season is about to start and i mite want to try it with one or two of my birds to see the difference.Thanks a lot for ur advice, Sundowner!

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gladiator, where you from or where you fight? If you fighting in Baguio where the weather is ideal, it will be ok. But please PM me, maybe I can help.

edmcclaskey

dosage

give a little by mouth, it is a centrel nervous system stimulant

ka king
    sir,

like how many drops....2?3?....

Gladiator23
    Within what minimum period must it be administered prior to fight day? As a central nervous system stimulant, would it not make a chicken even more aggressive and possibly affect its fighting style? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Visit Hilltop Feed website....You will find there 3 diff. formula of Nux Vomica and the instructions on how to administer the Nux.

Post Thanks / Like
    Check this link

[URL=http://www.hilltopfeed.net/Qstore/Qstore.cgi?CMD=009&DEPT=1058694117&BACK=A0001A1]

Post Thanks / Like
    cougar,
    thanks for the link

hiroundhead

NUX

TRY I.Q.S. IT'S MUCH BETTER IN THE HOT WEATHER. IRON, QUININE, STHRYCNINE, USED IT ON MY 4 TIMES WINNER , AND WON 4X. DIDN'T CHANGE HIS STYLE AT ALL. MAYBE IT MADE HIM MORE ALERT, COZ HE WAS SO FAST OPPONENT DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HIT HIM:lol: USE IT SAME WAY W/ NUX, 6-8 DROPS MORN AND NIGHT, 3 DAYS BEFORE FIGHT AND ON FIGHT DAY 6-8 DROPS BEF. HEELING ( PUTTING WEAPON ).

Post Thanks / Like

hiroundhead is right.

We administer nux the same way, but less dosage don't want them too wired on the day of the fight...we use Nux with I.Q.S Dr. Blues (blue color) for hot weather. 4 drops on daytime fight and 6 drops on night time fight and I think it does help a lot on alertness and drag fights. Just my 2 cents.

ilahas
    nux vomica = strychnine, a rat poison making them thirst for water so the rats won't die in the hole and stink the house. in chicken is nervous system stimulant making the heart pump faster thereby increasing supply of oxygen thus increasing alertness. make sure you understand the plasma efficacy curve beacause it tells how fast after administration and how long it stays up before it starts to subside that way you know how to time the bird.

Gladiator23

Ilahas, hiroundhead

Ilahas, can you please elaborate on this plasma efficacy curve so as to time the birds right? Hiroundhead, I understand that you last administer the IQS before heeling. In varying situations it may take some time from this pre-heeling point before the birds are actually released in battle. May i ask if it would still be effective even if the release happens, say, thirty to even an hour after the last administration? Cockmates, thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

PLASMA

hindi ba tv yan:lol: :lol:

ilahas
    plasma is the liquid in the blood. when nux vomica is administered (depending on the administration route it will get to the blood in a certain time. it will reach maximum efficacy and will stay there for a certain length of time and then start to be excreted out of the system and the efficacy or strenght will start to disappear. proper timing is important as you want the strength to be in the blood plasma at the peak moment.

i believe that the nux vomica sold by breco products will reach the blood in 6 minutes and be at its maximum just a few minutes before that. then it will stay there for one hour and then start to decline. do not use this info as i have not used any of this for a long time but the idea presented is correct. tonight, when i get home from work, i will look and see if i still have those curves (graph of time versus blood plasma level) and i can elaborate further. if you are in the states, you can request a breco products brochure of if you buy any products from breco it will come free. if you are in the philippines just PM me with your mailing address and i will try to send you product bochures from Breco and FB Mcguiness at my cost.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would do a trial run first and observe how your chicken react. They do have diff. reaction to some chicken...Then after knowing how to administer it,,I think thats the time to use it in actual fight.

Post Thanks / Like

nux

i see its finally catching on in the phillipines,they have been using it over here in the states since introduced,you must have the pultry or it wont work,most of the big time breeders use it here,and i bet the big time breeders use it over there, but dont want anyone to know it,if you aint usin it your'e gettin whipped by it!

top_signature

Pag si Doc TJT na ang nag-advise

Mas okay kung Opinion ni Doc TJT ang makukuha natin tungkol sa Nux Vomica...sana mabasa niya ito.

ness cabalfin
    mates,

my advocacy to these high performance drugs is no.

as much as possible, i prepare my cocks drug-free, except of

course for standard vits and mins.

if we can only try to make it the natural way, the better for us.

imagine your warrior fighting out of its natural instinct rather

than subject it to ultra levels of stress in form of increased heart

and respiratory rate, hypersensitivity to external factors such as

light and noise and of course the temperature.

so let's go natural in our keeping...

" that, which do not destroy us, makes us stronger " nclosmonteros gamefarm

Gladiator23

ilahas, lorraine1

Ilahas, many thanks for the very informative piece! I will pm you. Lorraine1, interesting comment there.

hiroundhead

I.Q.S.

GLADIATO3,AFTER ADMINESTERING I.Q.S. BEFORE HEELING, 30 MIN. TO AN HOUR WOULD STILL BE GOOD. BUT AFTER 3 HOURS HAVE LAPSE DROP ANOTHER 2 DROPS. WORKS FOR ME ANYWAYS.

Post Thanks / Like

GOT OUR BOOTIES KICKED

WE TRIED IT IN A FEW HACK FIGHTS FIRST WITH GOOD RESULTS THEN WE ENTERED IN A 4-COCK DERBY THINKING AND BELIEVING THAT WE ARE READY TO MIX IT UP WITH THE BIG BOYS. ME AND MY BOYS WERE SO CONFIDENT WITH THE NUX I BOUGHT FROM HILLTOP FEED. BOY...WE WERE SO WRONG..L/W/L/L. THE BAD PART WAS WE HAD TO FIGHT OUR LAST BIRD 'CAUSE THE OTHER ENTRY WAS VYING FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

MY COCKER FRIENDS AND THE FEW PEOPLE WHO USUALLY PLACE A BET ON OUR BIRDS TOLD US THAT OUR FOWLS APPEARED INTOXICATED. THAT'S WHAT WE NOTICED TOO. WE TOLD THEM THAT WE USED NUX ON THEM. SOME COMMENTED THAT NUX IS NOT SUITED FOR USE IN P.I.WHERE IT'S SO HOT AND HUMID. IT WILL CHANGE THE FIGHTING STYLE OF YOUR COCKS. MAKES THEIR PERFORMANCE SO UNPREDICTABLE.

JUST SHARING OUR EXPERIENCE. I DON'T KNOW MAYBE MY HANDLER JUST DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH KNOWLEDGE ON HOW TO ADMINISTER THE DRUG.

hiroundhead

nux

nux will overheat your gamecock when use in hot weather, let say 75 degrees and above, i experience it myself, that's why i switch to I.Q.S COMPOUND ( QUININE WILL KEEP GAMECOCK COOLER ). ONCE YOU MASTER HOW TO USE IT, YOU'LL BE HARD TO BEAT. OF COURSE DON'T USE IT WITH DUNGHILLS :lol: AS SOME PEOPLE SAY HERE IN THE NET. GOOD LUCK FELLOWS.

ilahas
    excerpts from BRECO on Dr. Blues Extract of Nux Vomica

"...Nux Vomica reaches full blood plasma (max. stength) levels within one hour after administration. although, some degree of stimulation occurs within 5 to 10 minutes.

once it has rached full blood plasma levels - 50% is destroyed by the liver. 10% is eliminated by the kidneys directly. the remaining 40% is slowly eliminated by the body processes over a period of time and is completely eliminated from the body within 10 hours.

the maximum recommended dosage is 10 drop ( minims) within a 10-hour period of time. although, Nux Vomica is non-cumulative in small doses ( one or two drops) after the inital dosage has reached half-life.

the degeree of stimulation would depend on the amount given as the inital dosage. however, regardless of the amount of the inital dosage - that dosage will remain in the system at half-life after one-hour's time before being completely eliminated from the body within 10 hours. it therefore, is imperative that one fully understands the iming and the amount of inital dosage that is critical in the proper stimulation of the central nervous sytem..."

some explanation of terms:

1 oz = 30 cc = 480 minims
    3cc = 48 minims
    1 cc= 16 minims
    1/4 cc = 4 mimins
    i mimins = one drop (when using the supplied dr. blues dropper)

half-life: nux vomica has a half-life of one hour. meaning fro every hour that passed, the remaining dosage is eliminated by half.

example:
    initial dosage = 10 minims
    after 1st hour = 5 minims left
    2nd hour =2.5 minims left
    3rd hour = 1.25 minims left and so on.
    10th hour = completely eliminated

Post Thanks / Like

Gladiator23

We currently use Nux Vomica too . Everybody has a point here, but utimately it will be up to you to decide. I would suggest try it first in a few fowls without putting too much at stake. We use Nux Vomica by Dr. Blues (Breco) the injectable form. The recommended dosage is 1/4 cc or 0.25 ml , since we know the threat to the fowl of "overheating" in warm climates like PI we started off with 0.07 ml only. WHY? Nux is a Central Nervous System stimulant . Now my brother's conditioning approach is heavy on workout and he focuses on stamina, our flaw has always been on how to and keep them on point. A shot 3 days and 1 hour before the fight, that fixes the problem for us. What to remember, pick the kind of rooster to use them on, not all roosters responds the same. Spar them to find out how they move under the influence of Nux, adjust your dosing in low increments to find what suits your s and your fowls style. Our verdict to date: Favorable for us, it beats having to spend hours mastering the art of natural pointing... it wil be awesome to learn all natural, but hey i got life outside of cockfighting, not much time for it now:lol:

ilahas
    excerpts from BRECO continued:

method #1
    five (5) drops are placed on the feed or given by mouth at the morning and evening feedings at the last 2 or 3 days of the keep. on fight day - 7 to 8 drops are given by mouth along with 1 carbotec capsule at the time of weigh-in or at least 1 hour prior to any competition. if afer 6-7 hours have elapsed before being called to fight - give 1 or 2 drops prior to heeling or tying the knife.

method #2
    five drops are placed on feed or given by mouth at morning and evening feeds on the last 2 or 3 days of the keep. on morining of fight day place 7 or 8 drops of nux vomica on 1 teaspoon of cracked corn or scratch feed and 1/3 egg white if fight start around noon time. if night fight, give 1 tablespoon of the above. allow no longer or no less than 5 to 6 hours prrior to weigh-in, in either case.

method #3
    the latest method is to give 1 capsule of carbotec with nux vomica in place of feed if noon-time fight and 2 carbotec tablet (not capsule) or inject 1 cc of carbotec injetable in breast prior to heeling. do not use nux vomica or any other medication at this time. use the nux vomica only as indicated above. (which is 7-8 drops)

explanation of some terms used:

carbotec = nothing more than easily digestable carbohydrate based tablet or capsule. one need not use this - others will do.

ilahas
    excerpts from BRECO continued:

"Tincture of NUX Vomica - use same method as extract of n.v.
    I.Q.S compound liquid - use same method as extract of n.v.
    ST formula nux vomica - use same mehtod as extract of n.v."

"I.Q.S injectable or injectable Nux Vomica:
    the usual dosage is to inject 1/4 cc in the breast muscle or skin in morning last 2 days of the keep. on fight day 1/4 cc is given in breast at weigh-in or at least i hour prior to competition. give 1/10 cc at time of heeling or tying knife when called to fight - if initial injueciton has been over 5 to 6 hours."

"note: ST formula and I.Q.S. Compound contain quinine to reduce body heat produced by nux vomica's effect on metabolism which increases energy levels. these compouns should be used in extremely hot weather to reduce body heat"

there you are. taken verbatim from the source. test your birds first before going actual. some birds behave drug- up. some behave exceedingly good. when the effect is good-the kick is tremendoulsly precise.

ben.escandor
    Can anybody please give the concentration, e.g. mcg/cc or ml, % by weight, and or % by volume? Thanks a lot!!

beerhunter

Post Thanks / Like

up only...

just putting it up for the new guys here like me...

enjoy...
    Aseel d Past, Present & Future - M.Romulo