Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: McLean Yellow leg HATCH ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McLean Yellow leg HATCH ?

Good Cutting Stag... Bai Harry ..

where you got your stocks? PM me if you please. Thanks.

BullRider
    Last edited by BullRider; May 7th, 2010 at 02:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

hey, check out Ray Hoskins YLH of Eaglecross Farm (www.eaglecross.multiply.com) got good pure breed imported materials and derby tested ylh crosses.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cabros
    ino,
    howdy man? I'll be in David's (dapa farm) NC on April 30-31 Thursday to select some bullstags to be ship to PI. Then we'll proceed to KFC for Saturday 7 cocks derby pot $1000.

cabros
    toto cabros.. who won this 7cock derby? I've heard that Dr. Kozura won this Derby Solo with his toppies... Danny Haley's True Love Kelso and Pete Willoughby's Super Hatch/Yellow Legged Hatch blend.. a close runner-up with 6W-1L scores..
    Have you have any information how Frank Martin's scores on this one?
    Thanks....

BullRider

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PolloMan
    Does anyone have any experience or used this other MCLEAN Strain? What is its make up and style of fighting?I know in BAMA some breeder have some of this strain I dunno for sure. Please PM/e-mail or post any response/s. Thank you.
    CAROL-CRIS NESMITH HAS THE BEST MCLEAN YELLOW LEG HATCH ALSO CHARLIE BAILEY HAS SOME GOOD ONES TOO!

Post Thanks / Like

let's put this one UP!!!

BullRider

Dubai/Zamboanga Peninsula & Pagadian City-www.eaglecross2006.multiply.com
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to show below my Yellow Legged McLean (YLH) the son and daughter of Ray Hoskins Yellow Legged McLean came from Doc Robinson Yard when he dispose the stock in his Yard.

These are now at Eaglecross Game Farm at Zamboanga Peninsula in Southern Mindanao for 4+ years as arrived on December 2005.

Thanks,
    Paul Bulls

Post Thanks / Like

here is ray hoskin ylh sparring full brothers both bakbakan 2009 winners this blood came from joe sanford

http://hargab.multiply.com/video/ite..._MOLT_SPARRING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by San Miguel View Post
    Ray Hoskins Yellow Leg Hatch (Stag)

we got the same blood

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eaglecross View Post
    just to show below my yellow legged mclean (ylh) the son and daughter of ray hoskins yellow legged mclean came from doc robinson yard when he dispose the stock in his yard.

these are now at eaglecross game farm at zamboanga peninsula in southern mindanao for 4+ years as arrived on december 2005.

Thanks,
    paul bulls

very nice ylh birds you got there sir......

Post Thanks / Like

Just want to share my Hoskins YLH

Post Thanks / Like

just wanna share my hoskins ylh stags. thanks

http://s1232.photobucket.com/albums/...urrent=ylh.mp4

Post Thanks / Like

sir do you mind telling me where is the source of your hoskins YLH? thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Love my Yellow Lg Hoskins blood. Direct from Soddy Daisy, TN!!! Now if I can figure out how to post some pictures....

Post Thanks / Like

Let's see if this will work. Here's my Yellow Leg Hoskins from Soddy Daisy. Tail feathers still in molt and cock still recovering from a yard accident while at his breeder...

http://sabong.net.ph/forum/picture.p...pictureid=1315

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cutting Edge View Post
    Let's see if this will work. Here's my Yellow Leg Hoskins from Soddy Daisy. Tail feathers still in molt and cock still recovering from a yard accident while at his breeder...

http://sabong.net.ph/forum/picture.p...pictureid=1315

It's good to see him now almost fully reovered. He looks real bad the day after the accident but he was one of the favorites among the brood - nice body and station, good movement with lots of power, etc. You got the good one bro. Good luck breeding him.

yfis,
    Edwin

P.S.
    Oh btw, just want to make it clear, I'm not the breeder of this fowl.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Engkanto View Post
    It's good to see him now almost fully reovered. He looks real bad the day after the accident but he was one of the favorites among the brood - nice body and station, good movement with lots of power, etc. You got the good one bro. Good luck breeding him.

yfis,
    Edwin

P.S.
    Oh btw, just want to make it clear, I'm not the breeder of this fowl.

Edwin,

Thanks for the compliments! I am sure you are quite familiar with all of Gene's broodfowl, especially his Yellow Leg Hoskins blood as you are but a few hours away from him. Hopefully I can get to meet you when I go backto visit our friend this Spring or Summer.

You bet, he will be bred extensively as I vow to help preserve this magnificent bloodline. I know he is quite the brawler as he went through four cocks before being discovered! E-mail me some pictures of your Hoskins line you got.

Here's a picture of the broodhen, full sister to Gene's favorite broodcock, http://sabong.net.ph/forum/picture.p...pictureid=1316...

Talk to you later...

Arcee

Post Thanks / Like

Brodah your pms full, supposed to send you updated pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyway here's the pics. How are you Edwin?
    http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...3/Image020.jpg
    4 yr old YL Mclean BC.
    http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n.../Image0112.jpg
    5 yr old BC.
    http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n.../Image0022.jpg
    Full batch sister to BC #2.

All are out of Kulot Amigo.

Here is the best Walton stag I produced this year.
    http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n.../Image0082.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

My YL Mcleans are same as the Green legged ones, I was told. The Mcleans come both ways (YL and GL) the more popular ones in the old days were the green legged ones and that was what people bred.

These are the Mcleans that Mr. Parr bred when Ted Mclean left them to him. They are too game (and agressive, and a bit slow and has no style) for the LK but they are extremely game. I only have a quarter of this blood in my battle fowls because they will not do good in the Philippine style of fighting.

Here is one of them (1/4 Mclean) fought last Jan 31 in SJC.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kathy971...14/ndF3yIoOoT8

Post Thanks / Like

P.S.
    "Oh btw, just want to make it clear, I'm not the breeder of this fowl."

Edwin,

Pardon me but I am kinda bothered by your disclaimer and don't understand the reason and purpose behind it. Of coarse I know you can never be the breeder of these chickens as they we bred, raised , and shipped to me by the Frizzells so I really don't know what you are trying to insinuate. Gene told me this afternoon that you don't have his blood...

Carl my man, I know my inbox is full. Gotta delete some messages! Thanks for the pix, can you e-mail them to me?

Pekiti Tirsia Kali Master Cutter

Post Thanks / Like

Jammer of the Wind,

Which of these sons of Kulot will I bring back with me to the US? Are you gonna make me pick??? Beautiful specimens brodah!!Just remember, if I pick you are gonna pick too!!!... He he he...

Post Thanks / Like

P.S.
    "Oh btw, just want to make it clear, I'm not the breeder of this fowl."

Edwin,

Pardon me but I am kinda bothered by your disclaimer and don't understand the reason and purpose behind it. Of coarse I know you can never be the breeder of these chickens as they we bred, raised , and shipped to me by the Frizzells so I really don't know what you are trying to insinuate. Gene told me this afternoon that you don't have his blood...

Carl my man, I know my inbox is full. Gotta delete some messages! Thanks for the pix, can you e-mail them to me?

My P.S. (disclaimer) is meant for the other members here. You mentioned that "the cock still recovering from a yard accident while at his breeder..." and while reading my post describing his condition the day after the acccident, I just thought it might misled others that I am the breeder, hence my postscript.

I don't have his straight Hoskins YLM yet. I have his Greys and the GL Mcleans.

I'm sorry if my post bothered you a bit but rest assured I'm not trying to insinuate anything. Like I said, you got the good one and in fact, Bobby and I really like that one among the brothers.

Post Thanks / Like

McGinnis bred a McLean Hen crossed to Boston Roundhead and the offspring was a pea comb yellow legged birds and He called it Yeller Legged Mclean, why Yeller? bcoz of yellowgreen color of the legs (definitely not sota)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglecross View Post
    Just to show below my Yellow Legged McLean (YLH) the son and daughter of Ray Hoskins Yellow Legged McLean came from Doc Robinson Yard when he dispose the stock in his Yard.

These are now at Eaglecross Game Farm at Zamboanga Peninsula in Southern Mindanao for 4+ years as arrived on December 2005.

Thanks,
    Paul Bulls
    Boss,Araw ng Davao is fast approaching are you going to field an entry?i well be their.

Post Thanks / Like

Jammer of the Wind,

Which of these sons of Kulot will I bring back with me to the US? Are you gonna make me pick??? Beautiful specimens brodah!!Just remember, if I pick you are gonna pick too!!!... He he he...
    Sure Bro, you can pick em any which way you want. I know you want them really old hahaha. Bred them to there grandaughters Amigo. Here's a stag at 10 mos. old. I'm using a brother bred to pure Possum pullets.
    http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...3/SDC11035.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Engkanto View Post
    My P.S. (disclaimer) is meant for the other members here. You mentioned that "the cock still recovering from a yard accident while at his breeder..." and while reading my post describing his condition the day after the acccident, I just thought it might misled others that I am the breeder, hence my postscript.

I don't have his straight Hoskins YLM yet. I have his Greys and the GL Mcleans.

I'm sorry if my post bothered you a bit but rest assured I'm not trying to insinuate anything. Like I said, you got the good one and in fact, Bobby and I really like that one among the brothers.
    engkanto, are u still helping Gene Frizelle? I spoke him last christmas just to great him happy birthday and he's little bit upset he lost 2 chickens for pen fight. I still remember when i was visited him 2 yrs ago asking him what is the different between his Ray Hoskins YLH and GLH...he said no different.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tri_cast View Post
    san miguel where is your farm located sir?
    sir where come from your ylh pls...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windjammer2 View Post
    Sure Bro, you can pick em any which way you want. I know you want them really old hahaha. Bred them to there grandaughters Amigo. Here's a stag at 10 mos. old. I'm using a brother bred to pure Possum pullets.
    http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/n...3/SDC11035.jpg

Amigo,

U bet, I am for the oldies!!! Well, here's my pick - Kulot bred to his Mama. I sure love to bring him back to the States with me along with an inbred daughter of Kulot.

I will make it very worthwhile for you my friend, you k now it! You can PM me back just got rid of a bunch of junk...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    imported pea comb yl mclean from james mac white.
    Nice yellow leg mclean sir, do you have contact no. of james mac white sir? thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Becoolman, yeah it is hard not to remember his b-day.

I go to his place whenever I got a chance especially on Saturdays. Not so often though, been very busy with my 5 kids with 4 of them into sports. Basketball season was over though, last game being yesterday Friday so I was there in the farm today. My friend Bobby is there every Wednesdays and Saturdays though. Yeah, he lost some good cocks due to accidents on tie cord areas but most of them are also due to varmints. Not much now after he got those decoy Canadian Geese (suppose to scare away hawks), I think those help a bit. But opossums (huge ones) and racoons are still causing problems.

He treat both the GL and YL families the same way. He said Hoskins (YLM) and Clarence Stewart were the best of friends, bred and shared birds between themselves anyway, just bred towards what they like. They may be from the same blood origin but to be honest I'm not really sure. There are some subtle differences between the two though other than the leg color (e.g., the GL Mcleans have a black eyeliner around their eyes, the YLM don't have). I didn't ask Gene a lot of questions, and would rather just listen to him tell his stories and whatever information he's comfortable sharing with. But an old timer (not Gene) who knows a lot about YLH said that Sanford Hatch preferred and showed the YL. And I quote "the cocks came yellow legged and the pullets green legged...then when other cockers got the hatch blood, the ones that like the yellow legs breed for it..and the ones that liked the green legged ones bred for it...but back when it first started...they were the same blood...". Don't know if this is true, just information shared to me.

Hope this helps.

yfis,

Edwin