Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: manziels

scirroco n zion

Thumbs up manziels

hello cockmates, fellow cockers and all who love gallus amicus

I watched the last wsc january 2005. I was intrigued by a particular type of chicken - the Manziel.
    Can any of you scolarly types and widely-read aficionados please inform me about this chicken line. How were they produced, by who, what are their characteristics - physical as well as traits relating to fighting ability.
    Please enlighten. Need your comments. thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    manziel greys are the old texas greys. they have lightning speed
    and best fight with the shortknife. i am crossing them with an off
    beat fighting style of my gl blondie roland democrat to slow them a bit for longknife.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Manziel Greys are the Frost Greys...Straight Comb yellow legged when pure...They are one of the best cutting roosters in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Manziel Greys

For a little history of Manziel Game fowl.

Farm is located in Tyler, Texas. deep in the heart of East Texas about two hours from Dallas-Fort Worth. The farm houses mostly Reds or Greys looking like full brothers. Usually, if you see one, you have seen them all. Besides their Asils, the reds and greys have proven to be superior fowls. The old grand Bobby Manziel Sr was able to acquire that good family of Regular Grey marked as "4 Webber” line from the Big Red. This particular family of Greys marked as the 4 Webber, was noted for their deep gameness and good cutting family, that only went to a few selected individuals including Harold Brown etc. This was used as their foundation.

Back in the good old days growing up, Paul, Bobby and brother Nolan followed their father Bobby Sr, who had the greatest trainers available. They had the opportunity to watch Duke Hulsey, J.D. Perry, Roy Gray, Jake Engel, Max Thaggard, Everett Bishop, Russell Bowdoin and others. All of these notable men at one time or another were in Tyler, TX training cocks for mains and derbies for Bobby Sr. These has been the education that has put the Manziels in the win columns for a number of years.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice info oriental delight !!! after having seen them fight i'm now a manziel fanatic !

Post Thanks / Like
    the greys fought by MICA & TONIO in San Juan last sunday were simply awesome... most especially the first fight which displayed superb cutting... i think it won unscathed...

Post Thanks / Like

Imported Manziel Grey..direct from Bobby Joe Manziel

Post Thanks / Like

Manziel Grey...the 4webber or Perfection type...These greys dominated the big time during the late 1940s and early 50s(bobby Sr. died)

Post Thanks / Like
    Video

ncyabut,

Thanks..that grey was a winner from elimination leg and has yet to be scratched..the black also is a winner from the first leg.Here is a link to the video

http://s33.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...S15B3NLR8BBRJY

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome manziel greys sir tonio. i hope they will cross good with your spangle mcleans. just wondering what will be the color once they're born.

Post Thanks / Like
    At 50-50 they all come out grey yellow or white leg, but you are goin to be breeding 3/4 1/4..I am doing that too this year..I suspect they will be grey greenleg. That one in the video is a frost-spangle

ryan72_2000
    superb grey of yours, sir tonio! re. that latest video of your grey, is it one of the family of your greys that won the past derbies?

Post Thanks / Like
    yea, i really like their fighting styles, very cautious and deep cutting. hope to produce like the ones you have now. those are my dream cocks (frost-spangle)

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome,fighting style,.. faultless more power in your breeding sir tonio

Post Thanks / Like

Manziel's Claret

Tonio,
    Aside from the Greys,the Manziels have some of the finest Claret to be found anywhere.I have also heard that Dan Gray got his claret from the Manziels since they were once a formidable team fighting at sunset.Tonio,if you have some picture of these clarets.we would be very happy to see them here.thank you very much in advance.

frederick sy

Post Thanks / Like

Thats right Bobby has some of the best madigan clarets around and Dan Grey's clarets do come from Bobby. They fought the Bobby Dans at sunset...they were claret-kelsos, mean man fighters...we financed one entry once and it won the derby solo.

El Español

Tonio

Hey man! Very nice cutter there! Excellent video, thanks for sharing!

Please do me a favor and tell the Sentenciador that if he rents his butt out for advertising space that he will make 3 times as much as his sweldo from his Sentenciador job! hehehe.....

Good Luck Friend!
    Jon

Post Thanks / Like
    The Best Cock I ever had In my Life was a pure Manzel grey 9X winner..From Tyler,Texas....he came from an old advertiser of the game cock magazine ,the farm name was"country walked Cocks"...the old man has since past on ,but his cocks were awsome.....I won several derbies and alot of hack's with them $85 rooster's.

Post Thanks / Like

Manziel's Claret

Tonio,

Very handsome claret,these are the old time clarets that had made Dan Gray very famous and every breeder like the late Wendell Loveday and WSC champion Joe Wolcott have become famous using this Claret blood.Thank you very much for posting.

frederick sy

Post Thanks / Like

video

another Manziel Grey from the recently concluded Bakbakan 9stag

http://s44.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...204MEJFPL2CB0Y

fsbanez

Perfection Grey Broodcock

Bro. Tonio,

May i ask if the Picture(Perfection Grey) you've posted sired what Jimmy Ang lended to me? with a 4 weber double nose marking.

Kingfisher, CVGBA

Post Thanks / Like

super cutter

Very nice video, thanks for sharing. Pang world class talaga..

scirroco n zion

Lightbulb manziels

to you all:

thanks a million for all thre commentaries and infos you all shared about the manziel. I never realized till now that the manziels are a real tough family to reckon with in the cockfighting circuits. I also now know that the manziels are the progeniture of the now famous frost greys. Sir tonio, do keep on breeding those manziels to the spangled mcleans because from the last wsc in January of 05, what impressed me also were the frost grey / spangled maclean cross of kalookan queen. all five cocks entered were unscathed winners in their respective matches. kalookan queen could have continiued on their winning streak (they sported a 5-0 card with those crosses) until they shifted to other reds and then they suffered terrible defeat.
    Thanks guys! keep those comments coming. I'm sure there are lots of manziel lovers, frost grey lovers out there. I like greys but those frost greys are somethiong else. and i think i won't be at peace from now on until I get my hands on some of those frost grey manziels (especially those crossed to the spangled macleans.
    sir tonio, this is just my one-cent piece. Keep those frost grey line pure and those spangled macleans pure. then cross them. I'm sure you'll have several winners in your hands out of these. :sprcool:

Post Thanks / Like
    Sir Tonio

Baka puede sir ma PM nyo sa akin ang tel # ni Manziel..

thanks in advance

Post Thanks / Like
    hi tonio,

what would be the best crosses for manziel spangle mclean.

many tnx

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like those Frost Greys. Someday I'll try to add it to my breeding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Need some info about where can we get good frost manziel grey materials (US or PI)...perhaps somebody out here manziel followers/breeders that still maintains its purity ; can share some valuable info & or perhaps have some available birds that they can share & willing to let go...thanks & good day to all...

amigo
    tonio

nice greys....by the way i saw your last fight in makati the other night, what's the breed of that off-color fowl??? it was awesome...

good luck on your breeding

Post Thanks / Like

frost grey

hi tonio,

hows your trainer boodie, napanood ko laban ng mga grey mo, talagang superior lalo na ang tareng ginamit galing kasi sa akin ang materiales direct from abroad. kaya don't forget your promise na manok na kapalit ok.

30. Likes Beef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    kagagandang grey naman nito sir tonio