Thread: Yellow legs, White legs, Green legs-difference???

Post Thanks / Like

Yellow legs, White legs, Green legs-difference???

Is there any difference about these 3 kinds of legs that our fowls have? It seems that a lot of cockers prefers the yellow and white legs these days, why?

rickeyh
    Yes i like the Green leg Hatch

geovanne moleno
    white and yellow is the trend now....but the main difference is only the appearance of the leg....nothing more as in my opinion lang....

jundizon
    I tHink white aNd yelLow lEgs Are tOugher thaN daRk LEgs. jUst an OpInioN...

BULLET2

Post Thanks / Like
    most green legs are known for their gameness and throw lots of feet. IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    White Legs - Brain cocks, good cutting birds (Sometimes lack gameness, but good accurate cutters). Mainly RH, Clarets, Butchers, Kelsos etc.

Yellow legs - Brain cocks, good cutting, some has good speed and power maybe a (Hatch influence). Sweaters, YLH, Kelso, RH, etc.)

Green Legs - Speed, power, gameness, but lacks a little fighting style because of aggresiveness. Black fowls, brownreds and many types of Hatches.

IMHO..and how I like to categorize by leg colors.. but these days with all the crosses and good breeders experimenting... you can have good cutting smart birds with speed, power and gameness in any leg colors.

Post Thanks / Like
    - When you breed a pure YELLOW legged hen to a green legged cock you will get 100 % YELLOW legged stags and 100 percent GREEN legged pullets.

- When you breed a pure (for WHITE LEGGED cock over yellow or green-legged fowl), you will get 100 % WHITE LEGGED stags and pullets.

- When you breed two pure YELLOW LEGS together, you will get 100% YELLOW LEGGED stags and pullets.

- When you breed two GREEN LEGGED fowl together you will NOT get YELLOW or WHITE legged offspring.

- SEX-LINKED TRAITS ARE ABSOLUTES! Autosome linked traits are absolute if your fowl are pure breed for that trait. If you get yellow or green legged, blue leg or so stags/pullets out of your WHITE LEGGED cock, WHAT DOES THAT MEAN? Your cock is NOT PURE for white legs. He has yellow, green recessive genes to his DOMINANT WHITE GENES on other chromosomes or far removed from his dominant WHITE GENE. So, this is an example of DOMINANT to RECESSIVE WHITE to yellow, WHITE to green. You can go from DOMINANT to RECESSIVE but NEVER from RECESSIVE to DOMINANT.

White legs are DOMINANT over YELLOW, GREEN, and BLUE. YELLOW are DOMINANT over GREEN and are recessive to WHITE LEG. GREEN is RECESSIVE to YELLOW and WHITE.

CONFUCIUS? Ok, lets say, we breed a gray hen to a red cock. When the hen supplies a Z chromosome into the egg to form a stag, she also supplies the chromosome into the egg for the color for gray feathers. The cock also supplies his chromosomes for red feathers. What happens? The Gray chromosomes from the hen is dominant over the red chromosome from the cock; so every stag will be gray in color. Now when the hen provides no sex chromosome into the egg, which is condition (ZW) for a pullet, she also DOES NOT put in the GRAY CHROMOSOME for feather color. IT IS ABSENT! Now the cock puts in his chromosome for red feathers and being there is none from the hen, all the pullets are 100% RED.

Many believe that a red hen that is ˝ gray will sooner or later throw a gray stag or pullet. SHE WILL NEVER. She cannot because there is no gray chromosome for the gray color in her body. IT IS ABSENT. The only color chromosome in her body is for the red color she inherited from her father. She is ˝ gray in her genes for gameness, cutting ability, flying ability, ringmanship, power, length of her legs, etc., but not for feather color or leg color. Feathers and legs colors are sex-linked to the sex chromosome and may or may not be expressed in their offspring, depending on their sex. You take this gray colored ˝ gray ˝ hatch stag and throw it in a pen with red pullets. What will you get? This stag carries a dominant gene from GRAY color and a recessive gene from his father for red feathers. This stag is a HYBRID, CROSSED, HETEROZYOUS individual.

These are just some examples on leg coloring. As far as their difference in pit performances, it depends on who is breeding them.
    GAMECOCK IS NOT CREATED EQUAL. Breeders blend in their own standard of performance. If you’re happy with what you have, that’s what matters most.

robbie
    it really dont matter what color legs aslong as it puts
    that w on the score board

its me again robbie:teeth:

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree to robbie.

pakrat

leg color

lots of hatch fowl have green legs, and are known for speed and power. i keep some bates hens with green legs, but put a pinnion yellow leg cock over them, and most chicks come yellow legged which suits me fine. as a matter of fact, i'm trying to breed out the yellow legs completly. just my preference. :hat: :hat:

polegaff
    white leg and green leg also makes blue

13. Likes elkins liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    tama ka geovanne, appearance lang ang pinagkaiba nila pero sa fighting style ay di mo masasabi na mahina ang dark-legged fowls. isa sa nakita ko at napahanga ako ay ang riverview. reliable fighting machine, perfect. air and ground assault. accurate cutter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Green legged cocks is the best for me

if u got hatch gl breed to yl sweater or wl kelso or rh
    u will appreciate the results

keep cocking

geovanne moleno
    me too ,,robs!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    green legged + yellow legged + white legged = pink legged...im i right ba in color combination. i think robbie is right any color of the feet will do as long as it wins no problemo....

geovanne moleno
    yes its true...coz a good breeder can produce a good quality ock regardless of leg color,,,eg..late ramon mitra..although his cocks has different colors they almost fight the same as tested in the pit ....

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Yellow legs, White legs, Green legs-difference???

Quote Originally Posted by jundizon
    I tHink white aNd yelLow lEgs Are tOugher thaN daRk LEgs. jUst an OpInioN...
    yellow legs and white legs prefer because thier the type chicken whos cool and patient,usually they dont initiate the contact,they usually do the counter punch to the opponent,and they have different style and timing.compare to greenlegged chicken they love to punch in any directions with out timing.that is why when the yellow or white legs counter punch,it usually connect to the opponent.
    try to record the fights between w/L legs to green legs,usually lamang sa talo ang green legs.

pero i think depende then sa type of breed,my green legs then na abang now adays. dito na makikita ang importance of a breeder.

junebug32

Re: Yellow legs, White legs, Green legs-difference???

[quote=orientaldelight]- When you breed a pure YELLOW legged hen to a green legged cock you will get 100 % YELLOW legged stags and 100 percent GREEN legged pullets.

- When you breed a pure (for WHITE LEGGED cock over yellow or green-legged fowl), you will get 100 % WHITE LEGGED stags and pullets.

quote]I think you are wrong to some point on this one.Not all come out 100% like you said.

Post Thanks / Like

Sir what about TWO leg colors like Green and Yellow. I have a stag with those leg colors but the BC is a G/L Hatch and the BH is a Y/L Kelso. He's my favorite just because of his legs.

junebug32

I onced had a crossed yellow leg hatch that had one green leg and one leg yellow.

Post Thanks / Like

I like all leg colors as long as they are the right color specific to the family... but I have ta say I'm partial to the White legged birds. I have a Sherrill Penny Hatch//Claret stag thats left leg is green and his right leg is white right now.. I call him TwoTone.

Post Thanks / Like

We have White leg, Yellow leg, Green Leg, Blue leg cickens. I am partial to White Leg Chickens, also,

Baja

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrookedToe
    Sir what about TWO leg colors like Green and Yellow. I have a stag with those leg colors but the BC is a G/L Hatch and the BH is a Y/L Kelso. He's my favorite just because of his legs.
    In the Philippines we call this cock "sota". They usually fight well, the problem is. they usually lack gameness as most of them have only one testicle. This is what I've gathered from my old cocking friends. Maybe a vet in the forum can verify this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BantonSpur
    In the Philippines we call this cock "sota". They usually fight well, the problem is. they usually lack gameness as most of them have only one testicle. This is what I've gathered from my old cocking friends. Maybe a vet in the forum can verify this?
    I don't think so... I've only had one other ta come " sota " and he was as game as his brothers.

Post Thanks / Like

they're just drumsticks
    yum..yum

Post Thanks / Like

i used to have sota he was a 2x winner.
    he lost in his 3rd fight but he fought in a
    drag fight 8 min..so i think they are game.

Post Thanks / Like

i sexy legs ng misis ko! hehehehe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BantonSpur
    Just out of curiosity how did you come to that conclusion about the one testicle from leg color?