Page 1 of 23 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Ruble

brampton 2000

Billy Ruble

Is Billy Ruble still actively breeding in Ohio.

Any word on the guy. Would apptreciate any inputs. Saw his pic on Stebencegals gallery.

Thanks.

bien1931

billy Ruble

bromptom2000, Sa far as I know, Billy is still active in both
    breeding and fighting his fowls. I am acquaintance of his for more
    than 15 yrs. He fought is cocks at Springbrook Mt. Sterling Ky.
    a year ago.He said he cut down on his breeding and fighting because of med. probs,but he still have good hatch-gray and his hatch-Ruble blood line. I might call him, I have'nt talk to him for a yr. I'll asked him your are interested in his fowls. Send me an E-Mail if interested.
    bien31
    t

brampton 2000

Reply to Bien

Hi Bro.

Sent a PM to you but apparently your inbox is full. Will resend later after you have space in there.

Best wishes for the New Year!!!

YFIS.
    B2000

steben_cgal
    Hi Brampton - my friend Galo Meliton 3rd is the one acquainted with mr. Billy ruble.

according to my friend galo, mr. B. ruble is still active on his breeding but not the same as many at is used to be. So i think you can still visit him. goodluck!:hippie:

brampton 2000

Bill R

Thanks for reply bro.

Did you take out the pictures of Bill R. you have on the gallery. Tried to go back yo them but they're not there anymore.

Is Mr. Meliton a knife tier too like his famed grandfather?

pls. clean out your PM inbox so I can correspond with you there.

Happy New year and all tghe best.

B2000

bien1931

Billy Ruble

Bromptom2000, I use to fight with and sometimes against Gallo
    Meliton on the early 70's in Oklahoma when that was the only
    state that have long knife fights. Since he passed away I have
    not gotten in touch w/ his children, I understand they are in
    Canada.
    bien31.

Post Thanks / Like

billy ruble

we were inquisite about this historic figure and his breeding line, so we called his old number during the last quarter of 2003 and alas! guess who answered, .......the man himself. not a laizze fraire type of guy, he was direct and honest. he still breed the line of power hatch's but not as numerous as it was, you can still obtain fowls mainly thru phone correspondence only. he does not entertain visitors to his farm at that current time as it was a burden of effort for him. hope this help. thanks.........peace!

brampton 2000

Bill R.

Thanks Bros.

Your feedback on Bill R. Has been pretty consistent. Figures...the man has obviously aged considerinmg that he peaked in the PI close to the time of Hulsey. I remember those were the only two names that stuck to me when I was a child during the late 60,s to early 70's.

A lot of people may not know it but quite number of todays good breeders have Ruble bred blood in their fowl. Yes, mainly for the power. Do any of you remember the Ruble Toppys? Yes, he did have tassled birds in the 60's.

Again thank you sio much for the initiative bros. Let's keep the sport alive out here in the Americas...have to state it that way since I'm in Canada not in the U.S.

FYIS

B2000

Post Thanks / Like

Brampton 2000 Canada

o.
    Have we met before?
    I used to fight at Marulas, Mandaluyong and mostly at La Loma under the "Luring
    Guizon era" way back in the 60s.
    Been in some shows here.
    The only Gallo Meliton I know is the one handling my friends' birds and who also ties LKs (socket or fork).
    Let me know. God bless.
    Last edited by tinalupan; February 4th, 2007 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Edit name

brampton 2000

to bro. tinalupan

Bro. ,

Kindly check your inbox-sent you a PM

Looking forward to your reply

B2000

Post Thanks / Like

Friend in Sport Brampton 2000

Yes, I know the person you mentioned on your reply to me. He knows me personally, ask him when you see him.
    Also, I get my supply in the West part of Ontario plus a very good friend of mine Northwest of Ontario. A very good friend.
    I tried acquiring birds from the U.S. but keeps on procrastinating because of the bad publicities I see on the thread at the Pitmaster.
    FIS
    Last edited by tinalupan; February 4th, 2007 at 06:44 PM.

brampton 2000

PM reply-Bro. Tinalupan

Got another Pm for you. Check it out.

ronking

wheres all the rubbles?

hi kakmyts...

im just curoius.....i want to know that wat happen to all the rubbles? anyone still using this lines?....

thanks in advance....

RonRon:rbounce:

Post Thanks / Like

Billy Ruble Hatches

Eddie Araneta of Liza Galore fame still uses the Ruble blood in his own Hatch line the Karachi. I think 60% of the Karachi Hatch is Ruble Hatch. Mr. Araneta is still winning in the big leagues using his Karachi lines crossed to Sweaters (Mike Glover&Johnnie Jumper) and Dan Gray Roundheads.

try to check out the thread below.

http://www.sabungero.net/mambo/index...1&limitstart=1

james wolf
    clinis hall has them also (kybigboy in gallery) maybe jim

edmundo
    peter uy.

tiririt
    Billy Mcguire has them alive in his yard, blue and greenlegged hatches,in Livingston,Texas.....e-mail him pigeon@eastex.net

El Espaņol

I do.........

I have bred an Abello Hi-Action cock over a Ruble hen this past year and I will probably take one of the stags and put him back over his mother next year. They are basically the same type of fighters and man when one of those green legged hatch is throwing feet on a long ground shuffle you can hear the meat being slapped around!!! We love those green legged hatch!

Good day!

Post Thanks / Like

rubles

I, myself also have a rubles... A "talisayin" cock and a pullet ( a blue legged fowl that will make his opponent like a drum)... I will post the picture next posting...

Post Thanks / Like
    Im now using a billy ruble toppy. my friend bought it from Eddie Araneta years ago.

buhawi
    i am also breeding rubles............from what i know.....they are hatch-claret..............heavy on the hatch side.........cut and lots of power.......and dead game.

i am crossing my rubles i got from a breeder in georgia......to doc robinson hatch from tennessee.........adding more hate and speed...

Post Thanks / Like

rubles

My partner has Ruble blood... Amazingly fast. Man, can they turn it on... I Understand why Mr. Araneta has such success with his Hatch crosses..

Post Thanks / Like

Karachi Hatch is 90% Ruble Hatch

cockmates,

I stand corrected . . . I just read through the thread I attached in my previous response and based on Mr. Araneta's account on the perpetuation of his Rubles the Karachi Hatch would come out 90% Ruble Hatch from various sources. This was arrived at with 15% Larry Powell, 15% Bob Howard and 60% his original Ruble hatch line. The balance 10% is Ray Aleaxander blood of Claret-Roundhead.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Ruble hatches we had were all blue legs and lemon hackles, and boy were they some terrific birds. Excellent cutters and very smart. Much different style than the "go for broke" style of Mcleans we had. IMHO I would rate the Ruble a close second to Mcleans as far as Hatches are concerned.

ellisgamefowl

Bill Ruble

With all the interest i've seen here about Bob Boles and his fowl , i've become interested in another man from that era . Mr. Bill Ruble .

Everyone , please share what you know about Mr. Ruble and his fowl . From what I've read , he was one of the top breeders back in the 50's and 60's . I'd be interested to hear how he developed his bloodlines if anyone knows , and i'm sure alot more people would too .

Let's make this the Bill Ruble 101 tread I believe that our history is worth studying . These's nothing new under the sun . From learning about Bob Boles and all the interest in his methods , we also got into mtDNA . What could we learn from Bill Ruble ?

Here's my very small contribution . It's his ad in the feb. 1964 issue of The Gamecock . I think it says a whole lot about the caliber of fowl he was fighting and selling back then .
    .................................................. .................................................. .

Present indications are that all of my available cocks , other than those necessary for my own requirements , will be booked for my Philippine customers . The same applies for my 1963 crop of stags .

I can still mate some brood trios headed by outstanding greenlegged Hatch cocks of McLean-Blueface bloodlines as developed by me . Some of these are cocks that I have kept for my own personal use , however , I feel sure that I won't be able to breed from them all , so am offering them for sale at this time .

If you admire beautiful , desperately game , tremendously hard hitting cocks that are bred from the choicest blood in the world , and have proved their ability in the greatest cockpits against the world's foremost cockers , you need some of this blood . I honestly don't think there are any cocks in the country that can defeat my cocks in 1 1/4 heels . In 1 1/4 heels ,

I AM OPEN TO THE WORLD !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ruble Fowl

Research "Liza Galore" on this site for information on the Ruble lines. Eddie has had access to the best Billy bred for many years.

Regards

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Was in correspondence with Mr. Layne of kimper farms a couple of years ago regarding his Penny Hatch (Heavy in Ruble Hatch) - says Bill is still up and about - can't recall if he's still in Ohio or in Ky now.

Here's Chet's site-he doesn't know me as Unico:

www.angelfire.com/ky/chetlayne

Cedar creek's right - looks like at the time, the ad you posted involved shipments mainly to this farm-see link:

http://www.lizagalore.homestead.com/home.html

Post Thanks / Like
    If you ever get a chance, you have got to hear Billy talk about his fowl and how he started them. I listened to him tell it on the dvd "A Company of Professionals" with Duke Hulsey, Harold Brown Curtis Blackwell and a few others. Seems he got his first hatch fowl from Curtis Blackwell. Then he got fowl from Sweater McGinnis. Most of the fowl he got I heard he got from Red Richardson. Mainly the blue face and Mcleans. Billy also raised alot of Marsh Butchers crossed with his hatch fowl. Thru the late 50's and early 60's Billy was almost invincible. I did have to pleasure to see Billy at Del Rio on a few occassions and once at Haverhill, Ohio when I was a young man...

bluface3
    Now there was one hell of a good breeder, I no Billy personally. To my knowledge he is still in Ohio. At his peak in the 50's and 60's, 70's is was open to the world. He breed some of the gamest and strongest and alot of the biggest birds I've ever seen. You had to kill EVERY feather on them to win. He competed in some of the hardest competiton on the time and his fowl could cut pretty good. More game than any asil you can come across. I Billy's Blueface line (Straight comb) on my yard now, direct of the original breeder. Hellish birds, best when crosses though. Take care and a real good thread topic. -Joe

Post Thanks / Like
    irishcutt

just wondering if you can give me any information as to where I can buy a copy of the tape "A Company of Professionals" I've been looking for the place to buy it for a long time. Thanks for any info.