Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Ruble

Post Thanks / Like

Re: billy ruble

Quote Originally Posted by edmundo
    anybody out there who can pm me billy buble's home number asap? appreciate it very much. thanx.

emoy

Go to 411.Com...I think he is listed...search by PERSON.

Oh yes, I think Bords ironchef knows...
    Last edited by unico; August 21st, 2007 at 08:23 PM.

edmundo

ooops, billy ruble! damn keyboard. he's still alive by the way. i just need his contact number. thanx to any good soul out there who might want to pm me the great billy's number. thanx again.

Post Thanks / Like

This is from July 1975 Gamecock magazine:

Bill L. Ruble
    Rt 1, Box 199
    Wellsville, OH 43968

Telephone (216) 532-1292

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Camarines
    This is from July 1975 Gamecock magazine:

Bill L. Ruble
    Rt 1, Box 199
    Wellsville, OH 43968

Telephone (216) 532-1292

If the telephone above is old you can always call information by dialing (440) 555-1212 and if he is listed, they'll give you his telephone number.
    Last edited by Camarines; August 22nd, 2007 at 05:04 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just talked to a guy the other day and he told me that Billy has been in the old folks home for some time now!!!! Dont Know if anyone has his fowl or just taking care of them at the home place..But Billy aint in the best of health right now...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Billy Ruble

good to see this legend on tv last sunday he was interviewed at tukaan...

Post Thanks / Like

was he threre in the Philippines? Or was it a taped interview, he is old now. And not in top health too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alex-g
    was he threre in the Philippines? Or was it a taped interview, he is old now. And not in top health too.
    To 'Lex, he was interviewed by Emoy recently...I searched for Bill's address upon request and handed it to Mr. T...that meeting almost didn't push through since according to Emoy, Bill was grumpy on the phone...ever seen the movie "Grumpy Old Men"..

Post Thanks / Like

Unico......yeah.. he is grumpy. I talked to him on the phone almost four years ago to inquire about his hatches. He said he don't want visitors beacause his fowls are molting, it was August I remembered and said he don't breed a lot anymore. Maybe due to age. I consider his hatches one of the best.

Post Thanks / Like

yeah his grumpy as what ive seen last sunday's interview with emoy in tukaan....

i did get some inputs from the old man though.

Post Thanks / Like

im very happy to see for the first taym, one of the best, the living legend of cockfighting...the originator of roble muff birds in which im a big fan... like the old man said its not the looks that counts the important is if it suit your taste of fighting.long live the muffs!

Post Thanks / Like

If not for the copyright, it would be nice to have that on You-tube and posted here...hhhmmm, wonder if....worth a try, maybe , just maybe...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unico
    If not for the copyright, it would be nice to have that on You-tube and posted here...hhhmmm, wonder if....worth a try, maybe , just maybe...
    There's light at the end of the tunnel....

Post Thanks / Like

so...., emoy finally bagged billy ruble this time. good for him! maybe mac finally got the old man to agree for an interview.

edmundo

we felt we were so lucky when we made the interview because of his condition. but that day wewent there, he was sooooooo lucid and sharp. he even remembered the teresa days, guys like francis de borja, etc. i could scarcely believe i was in front of the muhammad ali of cockfighting, he was the best at one time, the greatest in his time. for me, it din't matter what he said on tape, heck, i somehow felt that whatever he said that time can be considered "gold" - all because he was billy ruble. so many stories to share, but unfortunately, there was so little time.

Post Thanks / Like

we felt we were so lucky when we made the interview because of his condition. but that day wewent there, he was sooooooo lucid and sharp. he even remembered the teresa days, guys like francis de borja, etc. i could scarcely believe i was in front of the muhammad ali of cockfighting, he was the best at one time, the greatest in his time. for me, it din't matter what he said on tape, heck, i somehow felt that whatever he said that time can be considered "gold" - all because he was billy ruble. so many stories to share, but unfortunately, there was so little time.
    That was quick...thanks for taking the time out to grace the thread Boss Emoy...or hould I say Mr. T

Personally, who do you think is better in varied ways...Bill R or Duke Hulsey...or is there any point of comparison???...I hear Hulsey was not exactly a breeder as Bill R was...

Hope u can share your Golden moments with the man on You-Tube...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by daimen
    so...., emoy finally bagged billy ruble this time. good for him! maybe mac finally got the old man to agree for an interview.
    Mac as in Mac White of NM...

edmundo

no it wasn't mac. it was richard bates himself who called up billy and they talked and he, meaning richard, was able to convince an otherwise reluctant billy, to grant me an interview. when we were in wheeling, west virginia, i called billy up and he was so super gracious and accommodating, he even met up with us at a mcdonalds outlet in wellsville and we drove up to his place. thank you richard bates!

Post Thanks / Like

no it wasn't mac. it was richard bates himself who called up billy and they talked and he, meaning richard, was able to convince an otherwise reluctant billy, to grant me an interview. when we were in wheeling, west virginia, i called billy up and he was so super gracious and accommodating, he even met up with us at a mcdonalds outlet in wellsville and we drove up to his place. thank you richard bates!
    Emoy,

You should have interviewed Dr. Dave too since you already came to Ohio. He only breeds Oriental. I think he supplies the Araneta's with his Asil birds.

edmundo

camarines, kindly pm me details of that dr. dave. are you in the ohio area? there'll always be a next year. dyou know any breeder named langerfeld also in ohio?

Post Thanks / Like

Emoy,

You should have interviewed Dr. Dave too since you already came to Ohio. He only breeds Oriental. I think he supplies the Araneta's with his Asil birds.
    I hear Dr. Dave S is one of the the biggest if not the biggest oriental breeders in the states...seen some Sonatols and Rmpuris of his here in ON.

Post Thanks / Like

camarines, kindly pm me details of that dr. dave. are you in the ohio area? there'll always be a next year. dyou know any breeder named langerfeld also in ohio?
    Emoy,

Yes, I'm near Cleveland. I'll get his tel# and PM it to you. Never heard of Langerfeld.

Post Thanks / Like

Emoy,

Yes, I'm near Cleveland. I'll get his tel# and PM it to you. Never heard of Langerfeld.

Bro, r u familiar with a C. Hanson in Ohio...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by unico

Bro, r u familiar with a C. Hanson in Ohio...
    Yes, I've only been to his place once. He lives at Gate Mills, Ohio. He advertise too in the Cocker's Gazette. He is a partner of Dr. Dave. So if you go to Dr. Dave he will asked you why didn't you go to Curt. That's because Curt lives closer.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I've only been to his place once. He lives at Gate Mills, Ohio. He advertise too in the Cocker's Gazette. He is a partner of Dr. Dave. So if you go to Dr. Dave he will asked you why didn't you go to Curt. That's because Curt lives closer.
    Both Doc and Curt are well endorsed by this guy..

jeff clark

San Jose Del Monte City, Bulacan, Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Robols Breeder

Hi, i just would like to ask about the blood line of Robols, because i heard from my cousin that he is planing to breed Robols, what is the Characteristic of this fowl? how they play and who have this kind of line now? I hope someone can share this, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Robols Breeder

maybe RUBLES as bred by BILLY RUBLES

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe that is the word Rubles, i dont know the speling but it sounds like that, i hope someone know it, my cousin is from Iloilo and i think someone form Iloilo Farms Know this Blood lines]

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Try to inquire at Liza Galore gamefarm. They have the Karachi hatch that is basically a Rubles hatch blood.