Thread: cutting ability

xkalibur

cutting ability

just a while ago (in a different topic) cutfreak (you must have very sharp eyes pare!) said that "some hatches may throw their feet but the strokes are short. It is like the stroke of chopping onions into small bits compared to axing a log".

most people can describe the fighting traits of the various blodlines but how about their leg action? it's difficult to see the leg action since its just a blur due to speed. however, i am sure there are some people out there who can follow the leg action of their cocks.

i am now hoping if anyone, anyone with a fast eye! could also describe how the other famous bloodlines throw their feet, this would be of immense interest and of immense value to us. how does a sweater throw its feet? a roundhead? a lemon? a black? a kelso? a butcher? an asil? etc, etc......

2. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    zrauloh
    As a betting aficionado, if I can learn which breed throws better leg or punch, then I can be rich. All I have to be nosy about is find out the breed of the cock to be fought.

Which breed has not killed in one buckle? Say two or three buckles. All of them has, right?

This sabong has no definite, that's why it's fun and very exciting!

4. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    zrauloh
    Definite. That is in your breed. If you know your breed to cut good, then keep it. Well, fight it too of course :lol:

Post Thanks / Like
    xcalibur,

That observation on hatch cutting ability is more of a generalized observation as I have seen green legged hatches (but very few) who would cut with long strokes. Emoy and Boy Diaz calls it "Pull" and more or less like "payakap" to the body of the opponent-- not a lot of wasted motion. It is difficult to make a general statement regarding cutting ability on sweaters, roundheads etc.. My roundheads for instance are not the fast ones. The late Reb Williamson would fight it in the gaff. I had a Dennis Dunnivan Roundhead which are single stroke, does not break and more of a "throw" and fast action type. I guess with all the infusion some are good and others are much better. Also, it is not really "...eyes following leg action" I think the best way to put it is, in boxing for instance, you do not really focus on your opponents hands, you look at the shoulders. In sparring, sometimes you will even hear it. Some blows sounds like an UZI (a quick rrrrt).

7. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    kickcut44
    game fowls are usually good cutters..... butchers, hatch, greys...etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Of all characteristics of a fighting fowl i value Cutting Ability to be the most important....gameness and etc....follows....

xkalibur
    cutfreak,

i happen to breed green legged hatches (mclean). my hatches legwork during the clash in mid air is only ordinary not really much different from other gamecocks.

but when the two combatants are on the ground, my hatch goes into machine gun mode and unleashes a rapid fire staccato of kicks (even his wings are also fluttering as he delivers this dance of death). it is seldom an opponent who survives this vicious stabbing. whenever we examine the dead opponent, there are usually many big gaping holes in its body.

my roundheads are also just typical cutters (deadly too but not much different from other breeds). however, my roundheads have this unique trait of wanting to land on the opponent (stabbing from above). even its offspring try to do this and they usually connect and when they connect the opponent dies very quickly.

11. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The so called "the pull" as termed by emoy and Boy can be seen mostly in fowls that throws multiple shuffles or "shufflers" as coined by some, when a slasher knife connects and not readily pulled out from its port of entry while the connecting bird would still be throwing multiple shuffles and in the process dragging the opponent presenting an act of pulling (true when a slasher knife gets caught in some bony parts in the fowls anatomy such as the ribs etc...) while single stroke fowls that strike deliberately with accurate hits and stopped it's opponent dead cold in a single or few buckles that may not be even noticed by expert eyes and may not be as fancy as the above...to me that is CUTTING!!!

13. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like my Gamefowl to have the Cutting
    ability, Game and Off- Balance ....

" win or loss is how you played the game"

15. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    cholo a. franco

THE KEY

in the knife, three (3) very important traits are necessary
    for a rooster to have excellent cutting ability :

1. timing - these are rosters that have very sharp
    eyes and are always focused on every-
    thing that moves around him. he knows
    when and where to hit his opponent.

2. speed - this is the ability (lightning speed) he
    uses to compliment his timing. as soon
    as he sees the opportunity to strike,
    he does it in very very quick fashion.
    which sometimes leave us wondering,
    how he did it ?

3. power - after the very good timing, the bullet-
    like speed, comes the power (deep
    cutters). the finale ! and it takes only
    one deep hit, with the lighting speed,
    and aimed/timing at the right area
    for the carreo by the referee to follow.

some insights from a learning and observant
    probinsyano.

TEAM EVGBA

17. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    polegaff
    A bird coming straight off the tie cord is a cutting machine. Will cut a lot better than one from the pen.

19. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent cutters do not waste too much motion...often times they hit with good timing,very calculated and deliberate when they strike. Our Beautiful Silver Greys from the late Mamie Lacson has these characteristics, they come blue & green legged, and are very gentle...deadly cutters.

21. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: cutting ability

Quote Originally Posted by xkalibur View Post
    just a while ago (in a different topic) cutfreak (you must have very sharp eyes pare!) said that "some hatches may throw their feet but the strokes are short. It is like the stroke of chopping onions into small bits compared to axing a log".

most people can describe the fighting traits of the various blodlines but how about their leg action? it's difficult to see the leg action since its just a blur due to speed. however, i am sure there are some people out there who can follow the leg action of their cocks.

i am now hoping if anyone, anyone with a fast eye! could also describe how the other famous bloodlines throw their feet, this would be of immense interest and of immense value to us. how does a sweater throw its feet? a roundhead? a lemon? a black? a kelso? a butcher? an asil? etc, etc......

Cutting Ability = the ability of a Game stag/cock to inflict severe or fatal blows every time that it strikes.

Well bred and cared Game fowl, usually display good cutting ability, unless they have been improperly managed by their feeder, heeler and/or handler.

Well bred and cared for Games which are properly managed, usually prevail over lesser quality opponents, and even upon equally or superior bred and cared opponents, which are improperly managed in a high % of contests.

On occasions when matched to equally or superior bred, cared and managed fowl, they might need to resort into their inherited gameness and bottom to prevail.

Cutting ability is not exclusive of any strain or family of Games.
    Last edited by Yunke8888; September 22nd, 2014 at 03:50 AM.