Thread: Son to Mother mating

Post Thanks / Like

Son to Mother mating

Well I got a question that is kind of in the back of my head, is it smart to fight birds out of a Son over Mother mating? The offspring would be 3/4 Mothers Blood. So I just want to know weather something like that would be ok to fight in short heels.
    Help me out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can compete with sons back over the mother once.

If not, you picked the wrong son to go over her with or she is not worthy of line-breeding to.

Post Thanks / Like
    are there any breeders out there who fight their chickens that are linebreed and not crossbreed? if yes...what particular bloodline that can do good even not crossed?

Post Thanks / Like
    colt...the roundhead i received is the fastest thing alive...he loves
    to fake his shots but before the other cock reacts he is already in his side or back with multiple shuffles. was he breed like that or he is just a exceptional bird...

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lee,

Can you PM me the markings.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Kogs

They are all like that. I breed for speed to go with the smarts.

No offence intended to any of you but I hate a bird that gives fakes & uses his head but does not have the speed, with a touch of aggression, at the right time to hammer the other bird with out getting cut to pieces him self, in the process.

Speed with smarts, in my opinnion will win a higher %. Also will win a higher % of clean fights.

Post Thanks / Like
    jim I am breeding one of the greys that won a while back. Picked out one that came out clean. The mom hatched 10 out of 10 see what happens and how they turn out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I breed my CC Kelsos, even bro. and sis, and show them. In fact, the pair I started with were brother and sister. If they are a well bred family, they can stand it. fis

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the difference is between birds that go right in to it, taking blows to give blows & birds that time the other bird, set them up & fake them out & then give a devestating body blow that is fatal.

Both can win. It is just up to your liking.

There is one thing for sure UGLY, anything that goes out & fights to the death is not very smart, so, sometimes it is hard to find smarts in that, but there is a small amount of it in the right blood.

Omar, those are good Greys. I dout that you will have a problem.

ojomer
    i agree!

RockHandsome
    I don't want to take offense to anybody but speed and smart is nothing if it doesn't cut. I think cutting is everything all the others are just plain garbage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brownred,
    Should'nt breed anything that couldnt take line breeding once. If they show defects when you line breed them once they are not worthwhile blood.
    I've fought line bred upto 7/8 back to a certain individual in Stag derbies and they should perform as good as the crosses.

The 1st sign of defect when you line breed is Health. If they grow up healthy there is NO reason why you cant fight them backed bred to 7/8 what more only 3/4 to an individual.

I though have bred blood that act bad when backed bred once. I got rid of them ASAP. It's not worth keeping.

BEst,
    Victor

Post Thanks / Like

Brownred30

I see nothing wrong with fighting the sons...and if they can cut and win....I would breed them back to the mother again.....

Post Thanks / Like
    ok then guys see what happens the mom already hatched some chicks out they look good now see what happens as they grow up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well said Victor. I have some 15/16 Radios bred back to the hen side & they can still turn it on.

Rockhandsome, you are right as well, if you can't cut, you can't win. That is why I love Roundheads & Jap crosses. They are deadly cutters.

Underhack
    Cocks are not crazy or stupid. They fight for what they believe in and that is to be the superior one. In the nature to be the one who mates with others. Or they can be the one that runs and never gets none and pushed around all his life.. Just like you would fight to the death for your family this is not stupid.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well UGLY, I guess that I will disagree with you.

If a gamecock retreats, he is not a gamecock. It is the proud & nobel instint in them that makes them what they are. They are not dogs, sheep or even human.

They are the GAMECOCK, the proudest & bravest of all that will take on any takers.

So i guess that we will have to define smart.

We humans are very smart, the smartest of all but I have read some pretty dumb posts.

Now, we have the concept of learning & rashinalizing things as to where the gamecock does not. However, I have watched these Jap crosses watch the other bird & make changes to improvise & over-come.

Instint, smarts or what ever you would like to call it, their game plan changes to compensate their opposition. That is what I consider SMARTS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think that they can think out a game plan if that is what you mean.

We as humans can. Like I said, a guy can put a post in that may be dumb but can learn from it & others in here.

Our fowl just do what is natural to them. Some have one style and are very predictible while others are not as predictible.

They do learn a bit & get better thru experience.

We had a good batch of Mcrae/Japs a while back that were very good. There was this one cock that was the best looking but was an average bird at best. He was spared & spared & never did impress anybody.

He was hacked one day & when he tasted the steel, he transformed instantly into an ACE.

Now, after feeling what the steel could do to him, was the best learning experience for that perticular cock. He went on to win 6 times & was one of my favorite cocks of all time.

Post Thanks / Like

yes

Yeah colt that is what has happened with our doms we have not fought many but the ones we have tested would turn it on hard once they felt the steel. We now have about 20 Doms around a year old for next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Son to Mother mating

interesting

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Son to Mother mating

Quote Originally Posted by brownred30
    Well I got a question that is kind of in the back of my head, is it smart to fight birds out of a Son over Mother mating? The offspring would be 3/4 Mothers Blood. So I just want to know weather something like that would be ok to fight in short heels.
    Help me out.
    I only used intensive inbreeding mating once, to avoid possible problems. The offsprings are bred selectively to their relatives and half-brod and half-sis..etc..or same bloodlines...for purity maintenance while preserving their fighting ability and to enable them to be "fightable".