Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brother and Sister Mating?

Underhack

Brother and Sister Mating?

Say you breed a pair of brother and sister together. Then you get a stag out of this mating and breed back to the moma to make 3/4 hens side. Then you take another stag out of this mating over the moma to make 7/8 hen side. Now you are satisfied with the offspring of this mating and have not lost any of the traits you desire and you would like to set this strain by locking the genes. My question is would I still need to breed brother and sister 2 more times on the 7/8 offspring to lock the genes? Or do I only need to breed brother and sister one time of the 7/8 to lock it because I already breed the original pair brother and sister and this is the 2nd time within this strain I breed brother and sister?

2. Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    sampaloc manila/ infanta quezon/ cerritos & buena park, california usa
    Post Thanks / Like
    your basis for having set a strain imho is
    if the offspring onward from any of this
    breeding is uniform in color and fighting
    style with minimal throwbacks . . .

so its the decision of the breeder base
    on what he sees on the offspring whether
    he have already locked the gene and
    created a strain or furthermore need to
    do the locking process by brother and sister
    mating as what the others claims..

4. Thanks ric_ric, Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    drukenbeer
    ikd alot about that but... i don't think u should mate brothers and sisters...because the blood will be to strong...and will have birth defects....

Post Thanks / Like
    That's the very first stage of inbreeding...deep one too.

Some get good results, but most don't...well, that's what I've heard and saw at least.

Kidd

Post Thanks / Like
    mating brother and sister is a NONO BREEDING . BASED ON THE THE BREEDERS AND EXPERIENCE .i had bad results . its better to get a new strain but the same blloodline . for example sweater fom X and mate it to sweater from Y

Post Thanks / Like
    For me i'd rather find an outside blood similar to my winning strain.. and develope just 1/4 or 1/8 infusion to my strain.

Oplod
    .....I don't buy the idea of locking the genes....then what? will it make you a winner? win first---and make every means to maintain it.

-Oplod-

Post Thanks / Like
    You must inbreed to lock the genes, and carry on with a family. If a family of fowl are dead game, and have been bred pretty tight, you can breed bro, and sis., and with strict selection, you can improve the family of fowl. My CC Kelsos are bred that way. I received a bro. and sis., bred them showed the stags, they were good. Picked out the choiciest stag, back over his momma, choice pullet back to the father.

If you don't inbreed, all you ever gonna have is crosses. You cannot "make" a family like that. fis

11. Thanks bazsdmeg2u, Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes El Rey, RHman1026, LaBlue liked this post
    orlando
    underhack,you have to breed the 7/8 bro-sister twice to lock the genes as per ray boles formula.

Oplod
    If you are fighting a main probably it will work because you are pitted against an opponent with uniform fighting style too. If you are fighting in Candelaria where your opponents varies extremely from "off beat" to "vertical fliers". Your breed should be an all around fighter that you can only find in a out laws and crosses.

-Oplod-

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now, Im' breeding my Gilmore Hatch, Brother and Sister
    mating, only this mating, next year I will infuse outside blood,
    from another Breeder (Gilmore Hatch)...

Post Thanks / Like

bro and sis

breed bro and sis until you get them to where you want them. but its not for everybody(need plenty of keen judgment on what to breed together) and its not for every breed( not all breeds can take that intense inbreeding)

haven't tried that yet and might not try that at all.

16. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Underhack
    Thanks for the responses. This is the whole Idea. To take a winning line that has what you are looking for and keeping it. Not to just keep breeding one way or the other and outcrossing or infusing other blood which changes what you already have and like right now. Keep on breeding other ways and your bloodline is always changing and like Ray says is never really a family but a bunch of crosses. I agree on this method but if you have weak genes to start with and not enough selecton watch out.

18. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    thundercock

Brother-Sister mating....

Sir UH,

Your process is making a family.......

Thundercock

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

underhack

sent you an email cause your PM box is full...thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    bro sis mating is fine....
    hindi kasalanan yon.:lol:

CHAMPION
    Sabong.NET Derby 2010
    Post Thanks / Like

Do it and find it out yourself

You'll never know until you try it.

Just do it

Who knows there's gold over there.

Post Thanks / Like

bro ans sis mating

bro and sis mating happens in the wild all the time look at quail.have they gottin smaller or slower? i dont think so, there still fast,same size and fly like crazy.....thats just my thought tho....have a good day UNDERHACK YOUR MESSAGE BOX IS FULL DUMP SOME OF THAT STUFF I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU................ THANKS KEVIN

25. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888, Bad Apple liked this post
    Oplod
    Dove always mate brother to sister....that's their nature.

-Oplod-

Post Thanks / Like
    I have read it in Gamecock and Grit and Steel, forgot the date,
    Its' good up to 2nd time, but in may part, Im' doing it for one time
    only, cause I have no choice, given to me this Stag/pullet, brother
    and sister as a gift, I want a Pure bloodline out of this two and
    later on, If I can find this kind of bloodline I will linebreed them to
    form a family... No harm in trying... Keep crowing...

Post Thanks / Like
    good luck bro.....MJF

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brother and Sister Mating?

Keep it going !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have did the brother sister mating this year and from what I can tell the chicks are not as strong and I have lost a few of them because of that they seem to be not as strong as the son to mother breeding. So I am really thinking of culling all the brother sister mating and just keeping the mother/son. Has anyone else seen this.

31. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I did 2 this year, as age and no better choice demanded. One is normal acting besides one- deformed wings.
    The other puny and weak. Lots spangles in both-negative to me both Kelso's. One JJ one old Showtime blood.

Really to early to tell but they are better than I expected. Then again I dunno how close they was when I got them. Some folks bro/sis came from one cock and 10-20 hen pens.

33. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Underhack View Post
    Say you breed a pair of brother and sister together. Then you get a stag out of this mating and breed back to the moma to make 3/4 hens side. Then you take another stag out of this mating over the moma to make 7/8 hen side. Now you are satisfied with the offspring of this mating and have not lost any of the traits you desire and you would like to set this strain by locking the genes. My question is would I still need to breed brother and sister 2 more times on the 7/8 offspring to lock the genes? Or do I only need to breed brother and sister one time of the 7/8 to lock it because I already breed the original pair brother and sister and this is the 2nd time within this strain I breed brother and sister?
    when you do bro & sis mating you already locked it up. if you do this the 2nd time you are tightening it up. this is just my opinion.

35. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In 1977 I bred my only mug cock to his two sister. The get was pretty good fowl. I raised many of them and only did it one time sinse then. If you have an exceptional cock this is a good time to breed bro. and sis. also son over mother.

37. Thanks Yunke8888, BamaOkie, Ky. T. O. thanked for this post
    Likes Ron-706, Yunke8888, Bad Apple, Ky. T. O. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I was goi g to set a strain. Lets say chocolate albanys. Im breeding a chocolate cock on albany hens. They are aces for years been winning. Then I take 2 or 3 or 4 brrod pens of the crosses. I then take these brother sister crosses and breed them but not inbreed to set the line. I take the 4 best stags and the 4 best pullets and breed pen 1 to 4 then 2 to 3. Then 4 to 2 and 1 to 3 and continue fro here now in a few years I will have set lines

39. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: bro ans sis mating

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil View Post
    bro and sis mating happens in the wild all the time look at quail.have they gottin smaller or slower? i dont think so, there still fast,same size and fly like crazy.....thats just my thought tho....have a good day UNDERHACK YOUR MESSAGE BOX IS FULL DUMP SOME OF THAT STUFF I HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL YOU................ THANKS KEVIN
    Most wild animals & birds are inbred because they are born & raised in a close by area.
    Also nature takes care of all sick and weaklings, allowing for survival of the fittest. In most wild species only the fittest males get to breed a # of females, and only the fittest females are fertile enough & protective of their offspring to carry on the species.

YFIS

yunke8888
    Last edited by Yunke8888; June 13th, 2015 at 06:03 AM.

41. Thanks LaBlue thanked for this post
    Likes LaBlue, Homer69, Crazy Eyes liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses. This is the whole Idea. To take a winning line that has what you are looking for and keeping it. Not to just keep breeding one way or the other and outcrossing or infusing other blood which changes what you already have and like right now. Keep on breeding other ways and your bloodline is always changing and like Ray says is never really a family but a bunch of crosses. I agree on this method but if you have weak genes to start with and not enough selecton watch out.

Thanks underhack, good post.

"The whole idea" is " To take a winning line that has what you are looking for and keeping it."

To all those that keep dreaming about developing "pure" bloodlines of world beaters, out of the 3 or 5 pairs you bought last month from a picture in a magazine. Do not waste your time!

The development of "pure bloodlines" is for those that are willing & able to invest a good amount of time, efforts & other resources into: 1. searching for & obtaining "solid superior" individual foundation brood fowl. 2. Hatching a good # of peeps out of @ mating to select from.
    3. Committed to a rigorous plan of selection, testing & culling. 4. Willing
    to stay for the long haul.

In other words if you pick the flavor of the day & breed B/S for 1 or 2 generations, to turn around & crossbreed them. DO NOT WASTE
    YOUR TIME.

43. Likes RHman1026 liked this post