Page 10 of 253 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Breeding of Asil/Grades

Post Thanks / Like

asil

I got a stag as a gift from mr charles claypool and single mated to b fairchild sweater hen .So far the cross look pretty good can wait to test them mr claypool is also nicknamed (old soggy bottom people say he some good asil

Post Thanks / Like

asils

those fotos in the gallery of the white hen is of a pure bobby boles asil hen. They have a few whiskers under their chin. and the cock is 1/2 boles asil. In case anyone was interested. Ive crossed mine with Mclean and then back under clarets for my three way crosses. They have awesome power and smarts. Ive also got some crossed with the chocolate greys that are really looking good. There are some great asils out there is you know where to look. Jerry Hamlin has some awesome asils as well as charles claypoole. My friend's Jack Smitha and Larry Lingerfeld have some of the most awesome asils Ive ever had the pleasure to fool with. I never thought I would like oriental blood but they have changed my mind and opened my eyes to the value of asil blood in my battle fowl..

3. Thanks Ttate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Irishcutt,
    you changed your mind and opened your eyes to the value of asil blood in your battle fowl.................. you saw the good ones and got it. Now you truly understand their true value....................don't forget the heart, it's what keep us going. Not just the fever................... gooodluck

Post Thanks / Like

asil

i like lilly's rampuri very game and hardhitting bird.....

Post Thanks / Like
    if you are in p.i. call albert of mawmag gamefarm 09183899105. they have rampuri's from hi roller gamefarm, bobby boles asil
    from larry lingerfelt and bobby boles asil from larry flynt. they have also japs from sam goody...

Post Thanks / Like
    Sir/s:

I'm very interested to start breeding these fowls for hackfights here in PI. But I'm still wondering if somebody had tried and made a decent winning percentage with them in the LK. If so, which breed?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    at 1/2 & 1/2 you can hardly see any asil on my boles/sonatol asil over my boles black...i will test them at the ngba stag derby this
    year...

hagodista
    :hippie: We always use the asil hen .

clickfish
    kogmohon
    i was told the same way too about them Boles blacks as most boles here have parawakan blood. The simple smooth head black chickens have more boles blood than the ugly boles jap looking fowl.

sampaloc manila/ infanta quezon/ cerritos & buena park, california usa
    Post Thanks / Like

i use then both . . .

depending on the needs of the breeding program as it
    progresses . . .

selection plays a vital role. select base on the direction
    of your target breeding program

i.e.
    some breeders want to retain the body conformation of
    the asil while some want to hide it as much as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    NICE Topic keep them coming.

I do it either the cock or the henside its a matter of trial and result. I like it better if both side carries some asil blood it maintain it oriental looks

Post Thanks / Like

Asils

Great info guys.

Post Thanks / Like

asil grades

I bred an Asil cock over Mclean hens and now making three ways by putting a Claret cock over the 1/2 and 1/2 hens. Plus Im putting a HIenie Yellow legs over some of the Asil/Mclean hens. One thing I noticed about the 1/2 and 1/2 crosses. All of them came yellow legged. Not one green legged stag out of the Hatch/Asil cross. These Asils are genetically dominate over the other fowl. Even the Asil/ Chocolate Grey is all yellow legged. Since the Chocolates are green legged 100%!!! Im putting a Morgan Whitehackle over these pullets next breeding season. All my breeding instructions came from some of the best Asil breeders alive today and in the past. Some of my info comes from men who wrote the book AsilMania and others who have bred and fought Asils for over 50 years. Another cross that Ive seen and gonna use is an Asil hen under an Albany cock. Then Im gonna breed an Allen Roundhead cock over the pullets over the 1/2and 1/2 pullets outta the Asil/Albany. Now my asils are the supposedly small Steelgame asils and not those big gawky Asils some folks have. A man who raised these asils fought them pure in the gaff to test them. I hope the three-way crosses work out for me like the 1/2 and 1/2's did for me and others.

16. Thanks Ttate thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice

Ugly_Stik_9

Asil pure, 3/4 or1/2 or 1/4.

Can you recommend anyone selling Asil line preferrably Bobby Boles Asil line in Northern California?
    Anyone in Vallejo, Gilroy, Sacramento, Modesto, Ceres, Stockton, Livermore or around the Bay Area?

Note: This Asil line must still posses the fighting characteristics of an Asil and not just the looks. Preferrably red.

Fighting characteristics:
    They usually stay out of reach ( distance their opponent), elusive and throw few punches at a time but good cutting.

Post Thanks / Like
    ugly...what' going on bro? where are you heading? you're not a asil man...

Ugly_Stik_9
    Not totally, I just want one of my lines to be this.

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally like asils, they are good boxers and are extremely powerful. They may look they hit every branch in the ugly tree but man they can sure put it home with a LK on

Ugly_Stik_9
    That was suppose to be Bobby Boles Asils.
    Anyway I'm still looking.

I have found a website selling Hamlin Sonatol Asils crossed to RH and Kelsos but they are in LA area. I may be able to live with this but I'd rather deal with someone in the Bay Area ( or around the Bay Area California).

Anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Bobby boles asil.

Try PM pauwak he may have one of bobby boles asil just may 2cents. regards

Ugly_Stik_9
    Do you know if he is based around my area?
    I'd like to see the fowl if possible.

His PM is full. He can't receive messages.

rt4invn

I got boles!

Hi there!

Hmm, those boles sure are hard to get and find. When you do find the pure boles, you will have to pay a good price for them.

So few months ago I purchased 2 boles stags of 4 months and ofcourse one of them (the better one) died of some sickness overnight. I loved that stag, just awesome bodies and wouldn't back out of any of my other young fowl.

The guy wouldn't sell me a hen or a pullet as he claimed that he never let out pullets or hens as the blood will get around in the U.S.
    Over a few months we became friends and he offered to give me a bobby boles asil pair of about 20 month old. I couldn't refuse ofcourse but did pay a good price.

Now I will be breed them as soon as the hen start laying and hatch eggs in the incubator.

In the future I will post pics on my website that I am working on.

OH yeah! the guy I bought them from is in his late 60's and his father helped bobby ones and they were invited to bobby's farm and received the blood line.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugly pm me I may be able to help you out. you can check them out northern cali area. stocks from jim clem supposedly pure boles through les melville.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Why breed asil?

Are you going back to the basic?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why breed asil?

They put cut in your grades. Bodies can take alot. And in gaff fight they will stand up not lay down. Usually if laying down a grade is dying. I see no health benefits from them . My thoughts on them . joe

jundizon

Back To Basic But Upgraded Due To Infusion. More Power And Brain.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Why breed asil?

To infuse brain and precision.Or you like them or hate them!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My Hennie have an asil blood on them, maybe 1/8, they are strong and cant' easily
    catch diseases, I mean thier immune system is different... also their body shape
    like a football can take a lot of punnishment... cheers...

Yfis...

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Cockmates,
    Is asil also a good for inbreeding/line breeding? I mean, if they are not affected with their qualities as what they have the characteristics? I think there's only a limited types of bloodline that suit for inbreeding. What do you think?