Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Yellow Legged Hatches

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black Water Sweater Strain Story...by Mr. Carol Ne Smith

[QUOTE=SheltonRH]

[LEFT]This Is A True Word To Words...from Mr.carol Ne Smith When He Write The Story Of His Sweater And I Dont Recall That He Mention...mr. Pete Rodriguez...

SHELTONrh,

That is Carol's version of the story....but if you can ask people who have been close to Don Peping Lanusa or Ray Hoskins....you might get a different version...you might want to call Mrs. Hoskins...(her number listed somewhere on this thread)

It was a known fact that Don Peping Lanusa y Rodriguez was very very close to Ray Hoskins....
    Pete Rodriguez did at some time in the past have an entry with Carol at the WSC. Please verify with WSC records..

glenn

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best Yellow Leg Hatch

please check your old Gamecock magazine copies ( the 80's. early 90's edition) and check sue wilson ad.....see at that time she already advertises sweaters, gl and yl hatch..... obviously they are not the same.

expressdelivery

Re: Black Water Sweater Strain Story...by Mr. Carol Ne Smith

i agree with glen
    pete and carol are close friends
    it is through pete that joey lapid
    became acquianted wiith carol
    and joey learned tricks on how to feed fowl
    specially the sweater
    tthrough carol

[QUOTE=glenn]
    Quote Originally Posted by SheltonRH

[LEFT]This Is A True Word To Words...from Mr.carol Ne Smith When He Write The Story Of His Sweater And I Dont Recall That He Mention...mr. Pete Rodriguez...

SHELTONrh,

That is Carol's version of the story....but if you can ask people who have been close to Don Peping Lanusa or Ray Hoskins....you might get a different version...you might want to call Mrs. Hoskins...(her number listed somewhere on this thread)

It was a known fact that Don Peping Lanusa y Rodriguez was very very close to Ray Hoskins....
    Pete Rodriguez did at some time in the past have an entry with Carol at the WSC. Please verify with WSC records..

glenn

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glenn
    folks,

It has always been of some contention that Ray Hoskins had one of the best Yellow Legged Mcleans... that is why many of our big-time cocker-breeders had flocked to his farm to get his blood.

In the late 60's up to the late 70's one of the biggest if not the biggest customer and good friend of Ray Hoskins was the late Don Peping Lanuza y Rodriguez of the ROADMASTER entry.

He fought many breeds successfully....including blends of the YL mcleans and the CANADIAN MUGS... He might have also bred some other breeds from Ray Hoskins...like the greys , kelsos, albanys...(not sure) but Don Peping Lanuza definitely had his hand deep into the yards of Ray Hoskins. And conversely, Ray Hoskins had his hands deep into the pockets of Don Peping Lanuza...

In the early 80's another big-time breeder-cocker...Boss Danding Cojuanco went to Ray Hoskins in no less than a Rolls-Royce...and proceeded to buy some his top broodpens...for a price never heard of in those years.. During the late 80's and well into the late 90's Danding's entries scored very well ...

In the late 80's or early 90's......Joseph Chua bought Yellow-legged Mcleans from Ray Hoskins ....Joseph's winning lines contain a dash of the Hoskins blood.

Shortly before the success of the Raffy-Blackwater tandem of Carol-Nesmith and Nene Abello in Araneta's WSD... Nene, Carol, and Pete Rodriguez....(son of the late Don Peping Lanuza) went to visit the late Ray Hoskins and asked to purchase some of the much sought after Yellow Legged Mcleans...

At that time...Mr. Hoskins was feeling weary and tired as he was coming up in age...when he realized that in front of him stood...PETE RODRIGUEZ...the son of his longtime friend DON PEPING LANUZA Y RODRIGUEZ...he offered all his broodfowl to the son of the man he loved and respected during his prime...all the best broodfowl FOR FREE.

To the delight of Nene Abello and Carol Nesmith...they were the first ones to pick and choose from the choice broodyards....catching the hens themselves....can you imagine this scene....Nene Abello and Carol Nesmith catching the hens themselves....

Of course this story was told to me by someone reliable who heard it straight from Mr. Pete Rodriguez's mouth...(this is second hand info )

You will see, in one of the old issues of the Gamecock Magazine...there is an Ad ran by Blackwater....thanking Pete Rodriguez for his friendship and kindness...etc...

There must be something in these Hoskins blood that they contribute much to your breeding program...

glenn
    nice info

Post Thanks / Like

nice thread guys ...

Post Thanks / Like

what about YLH from larry romero anybody who can share about this breed and who amoung you guys still maintaining them????

Post Thanks / Like

up up up and away

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by antong
    up up up and away

BOSS...BE PATIENT LANG ....THEY WILL COME..ANTONG HELLO ...YOUR HOT...

YFIS...PATIENT IS MY CONCERN...SHELTON...RH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SheltonRH
    BOSS...BE PATIENT LANG ....THEY WILL COME..ANTONG HELLO ...YOUR HOT...

YFIS...PATIENT IS MY CONCERN...SHELTON...RH

no just wanted to read about it.....hehehhe where is your location bro????

junebug32

My ylhatch are the Herman Pinnon.Never had a straight comb always peacomed.Have only lost one pure in 10yrs.that I have with them.Mostly always the lemon hackles.They sparr like they wouldn't break a peanut but they are deadly cutters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kogmohon
    the original yellow legged hatch has no greenlegged hatch blood on them...they were a
    blend of yellow birchins whitehackle and old boston roundhead...they were called yeller leg
    hatch...
    ...WRONG ! The YLH came from Mr.Sandy Hatchs' yard via Thomas Murphy to E.W.Law,Mr.Hatch had 4 yards of fowl,2 were whitehackle crosses,1 from Mike Kearney,1 was a mix of Morgan whitehackles provided by Heinnie Mathesius(the Morgan WHs) bred to his existing Morgan WHs,EVERYTHING off of Mr,Hatchs' yard was a "HATCH" regardless what color legs it had,, ofcourse the history is only good for talking about our fowl,dont matter where they came from if they are worthless or world beaters,but we should atleast get our facts straight...

Post Thanks / Like

yup glen was right he said it all the ray hoskins yellow leg mcleans, if you want to buy this blood from nene abello better you have 150t a trio local born.... these are the good ones... i am very lucky to have them

regards

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1handkneehigh
    ...WRONG ! The YLH came from Mr.Sandy Hatchs' yard via Thomas Murphy to E.W.Law,Mr.Hatch had 4 yards of fowl,2 were whitehackle crosses,1 from Mike Kearney,1 was a mix of Morgan whitehackles provided by Heinnie Mathesius(the Morgan WHs) bred to his existing Morgan WHs,EVERYTHING off of Mr,Hatchs' yard was a "HATCH" regardless what color legs it had,, ofcourse the history is only good for talking about our fowl,dont matter where they came from if they are worthless or world beaters,but we should atleast get our facts straight...

i am not talking here of yellow leg hatch...it's yeller leg hatch...put your hands where it
    belongs one foot above kneehigh...?
    Last edited by kogmohon; August 17th, 2007 at 10:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by junebug32
    My ylhatch are the Herman Pinnon.Never had a straight comb always peacomed.Have only lost one pure in 10yrs.that I have with them.Mostly always the lemon hackles.They sparr like they wouldn't break a peanut but they are deadly cutters.
    I acquired some from his grandson we will test it next year if you said is true I hope to use it as my base breed thanks for your piece of knowledge about ylh

Post Thanks / Like

sweetly&friendly do you know where the yellow legged hatch of nene abello came from??????????????????????????????????????????pls. ...

pol paks

Quote Originally Posted by dantes_pick61
    sweetly&friendly do you know where the yellow legged hatch of nene abello came from??????????????????????????????????????????pls. ...
    bro eto ang sagot sa katanu-ngan mo

http://www.neneabello.com/about.php

junebug32

Quote Originally Posted by ramun
    I acquired some from his grandson we will test it next year if you said is true I hope to use it as my base breed thanks for your piece of knowledge about ylh
    Believe me if their the same bloodline from 10yrs then you can't go wrong.Don't be disapointed as how they spar as like I said mine spar worst than hens but they are deadly cutters.I usualy breed them to a fast family and they are what I expect.

Post Thanks / Like

How about Jack Medlins Yellow Legged Hatch?
    I heard good comments about them, 'dont know how true or how good they are though...
    Inputs will be much appreciated...

Clip

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glenn
    folks,

It has always been of some contention that Ray Hoskins had one of the best Yellow Legged Mcleans... that is why many of our big-time cocker-breeders had flocked to his farm to get his blood.

In the late 60's up to the late 70's one of the biggest if not the biggest customer and good friend of Ray Hoskins was the late Don Peping Lanuza y Rodriguez of the ROADMASTER entry.

He fought many breeds successfully....including blends of the YL mcleans and the CANADIAN MUGS... He might have also bred some other breeds from Ray Hoskins...like the greys , kelsos, albanys...(not sure) but Don Peping Lanuza definitely had his hand deep into the yards of Ray Hoskins. And conversely, Ray Hoskins had his hands deep into the pockets of Don Peping Lanuza...

In the early 80's another big-time breeder-cocker...Boss Danding Cojuanco went to Ray Hoskins in no less than a Rolls-Royce...and proceeded to buy some his top broodpens...for a price never heard of in those years.. During the late 80's and well into the late 90's Danding's entries scored very well ...

In the late 80's or early 90's......Joseph Chua bought Yellow-legged Mcleans from Ray Hoskins ....Joseph's winning lines contain a dash of the Hoskins blood.

Shortly before the success of the Raffy-Blackwater tandem of Carol-Nesmith and Nene Abello in Araneta's WSD... Nene, Carol, and Pete Rodriguez....(son of the late Don Peping Lanuza) went to visit the late Ray Hoskins and asked to purchase some of the much sought after Yellow Legged Mcleans...

At that time...Mr. Hoskins was feeling weary and tired as he was coming up in age...when he realized that in front of him stood...PETE RODRIGUEZ...the son of his longtime friend DON PEPING LANUZA Y RODRIGUEZ...he offered all his broodfowl to the son of the man he loved and respected during his prime...all the best broodfowl FOR FREE.

To the delight of Nene Abello and Carol Nesmith...they were the first ones to pick and choose from the choice broodyards....catching the hens themselves....can you imagine this scene....Nene Abello and Carol Nesmith catching the hens themselves....

Of course this story was told to me by someone reliable who heard it straight from Mr. Pete Rodriguez's mouth...(this is second hand info )

You will see, in one of the old issues of the Gamecock Magazine...there is an Ad ran by Blackwater....thanking Pete Rodriguez for his friendship and kindness...etc...

There must be something in these Hoskins blood that they contribute much to your breeding program...

glenn
    boss - it seems early 60s 70s and 80s. Imported fowls for best baselines of the best breeders in the Philippines are only for the rich..
    there were no internets, txt msg, email, phone VOIP to get in touch with the US breeders.
    You have to fly and meet them...

I also heard Kogs story from Tx from old time breeders.
    They claimed WHs and Gulls are in the mix. how true , I dont know but i love WHs and gulls..

junebug32

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchlvr
    seems to me the sweaters will go back to being yellow leg hatches if people start asking for yellow leg hatches. Many farms who had YL hatches never mentioned sweaters all of a sudden, they didn't mention having YL hatches only Sweaters, only a few farms actually continued calling them YL hatches, No difference, no one would know, if you call and ask for a sweater and then call back and ask for the yellow leg hatch, they would end up selling the same bird just by a different name. People mention Larry Romero's yl hatch, but i've been to his farm and he never mentioned having yl hatches, just sweaters and albanys, GL Hatch few white legged roundheads and greys and one black. So i'm assuming now that sweaters aren't as requested, if someone asks for a yl hatch he'll sell one of the sweaters or albany's no one would know the difference, although they are really nice looking birds, i wouldn't mind what it is. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$$ It's my understanding pinnon's were albany & another old time bloodline and then infused lacy rh and bred it out and had been calling them yl hatch for decades.
    You might me wrong and you might be right.I don't think sweaters are ylhatches but I do think some breeders who sold ylhatches just started calling them sweaters because of popularity.They want to keep up in the market on selling birds.But I guess they just have to choose the peacomb ylhatches.

Post Thanks / Like

SWEATER x STEWART YLH = SWEATER YLH

SWEATER x McCLEAN YLH = SWEATER YLH

expressdelivery

stuart ylh X kelso= sweater
    hehehe
    Quote Originally Posted by tebs69
    SWEATER x STEWART YLH = SWEATER YLH

SWEATER x McCLEAN YLH = SWEATER YLH

Post Thanks / Like

yl hatch.... hmmmm... k they are blood line arnt they? just variety makes it dift. fr d others, but allways same signature gameness, multiple hitter one fo the best on d ground or maybe d best of the best, nourish them well train them well + g luck and you have d best ylh.

junebug32

Quote Originally Posted by grey man
    Good afternoon fellow cockers, I breed the old Herman Pinnon Yl Hatches. I have had my YL Hatches for over 10 years now. I bought them direct from Rambler Farms. For me they continue to excell in the SK shows. This line is my #1 seller (only because i dont sell my Clarets) My Mexican buddies love these YL chickens. I sell everything i hatch except for about 15 that i keep for myself.
    How do they fight?

Kampakirit

Glenn, inspite of your revelation about the Ray Hoskins Gamefowl Chicken, is it still possible to buy some of his best stocks if we pay them a visit at their Farm in Texas?

Post Thanks / Like

??????? hmm which is which????
    seems sweater is a composition of a YLH??

Post Thanks / Like

Yellow legged hatch???

What is the difference between the Yellow legged hatch vis the yellow legged mcleans?

Aren't this two the same? The so called yellow legged hatches were bred by Ted Mclean right? If so, then wouldn't this make the YLH, Mcleans with yellow legs?

turner

Re: Yellow legged hatch???

I think they are one and the same...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stinger
    Hopefully,

This videos will help you...

YELLOW LEGGED HATCH

have fun watching

Post Thanks / Like