Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Championship

Post Thanks / Like

World Championship

Here's a list of the World Championship Derby winners:(I think)

At Mid America:

Year/ Entry name/ # of entries/ Score
    1997/ JC Combine/ 107/ 12-0 LK

1998/ Harry-Long Distance/ 94/ 10 1/2- 1 1/2 LK

1999/ Bull Run #2/ 99/ 10-2 Gaff
    Timberlane-Guam # 1/ "/ " LK
    Timberlane-Guam # 2/ "/ " LK

2000/ Simmy-McBryar/ 81/ 11-1 Gaff

2001/ Twin Lakes-Pine Grove/ 86/ 12-0 Gaff

2002/ Iron City/ 90/ 9 1/2- 2 1/2

2003/ Bill and Rich/ 104/ 11-1
    West Point/ "/ "

At the Bayou Club:

Year/ Entry name/ # of entries/ Score
    2004/ Twin Lakes/ ? ? ?/ 11-1

2005/ Dodge City/ ? ? ?/ 10-2

2006/ Lucky Ilocano/ 74/ 10-2

Any corrections, additions, deletions or errors here ? ? ? ?

Cock 'n Bull,
    Thanks for the corrections. I hope the post is correct now. Still looking for the number of entries for the 2004 and 2005 derbies. Anyone ? ? ? ? ? ?

Post Thanks / Like
    thank for the info...of the world championship Derdy 2006:rbounce:

Cock 'n Bull

World Championships

In 2001 at Mid America "Twin Lakes/Pine Grove" was solo winner 12-0 in gaff. 86 entries

Cock 'n Bull

World Championships

The 2000 Champ was "Simmy/McBryar".
    Kirk McBryar bred the Hatch cocks fed by Scott and Brad Baird and Bill Plummer.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: World Championship

pine grove was the only entry to win all 12

Post Thanks / Like

Any information who won the most derby's at sunset and the bayou club the last year they were open?
    yfis,
    gallero210

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not familiar with pine grove. I believe the Ramsey's were doing real well the last 4 years at sunset.

Post Thanks / Like

pine grove is the vassers and they are the only entry to win the world championship with no 12 straight and the last world chanpionship was held at springbrook and a man from up north with blue greys won it by his self

Post Thanks / Like

Who is the twin lakes and who is dodge city guys?

Post Thanks / Like

We was there and matched Dodge City for his money fight.
    Last edited by Uncle Rus; January 17th, 2013 at 11:52 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Twin Lakes was Jerry Glass and Pete Willoughby

Post Thanks / Like

dwoodall Jimmy and Emily Johnson won 12-0 it says at the very top

Post Thanks / Like

Who owned dodge city?I dont guess I knowem

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotcocker View Post
    Dodge City is a good entry. I think they are from Alabama, they were fighting in all the major derbies when it legal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwoodall View Post
    pine grove is the vassers and they are the only entry to win the world championship with no 12 straight and the last world chanpionship was held at springbrook and a man from up north with blue greys won it by his self
    When the Vassers 1st starting coming to Sunset years ago they would fight on Sunday in 5 or 6 cock Long Knife derbies they would usually fight 2 shows and Marty would pit sometimes Russell, they would fight lemon neck roundhead looking roosters as good as it gets but i think it played out i never saw them fight those much after that. World championships they fought spur not nearly as good as those roundheads.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: World Championships

Quote Originally Posted by Cock 'n Bull View Post
    The 2000 Champ was "Simmy/McBryar".
    Kirk McBryar bred the Hatch cocks fed by Scott and Brad Baird and Bill Plummer.
    one of the cocks that was used in this died two year ago,,"the one eyed cock" the cock in my avatar is directly out of him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotcocker View Post
    The Dodge City we met that won that World Championship at Bayou 05 was handled by Jimbo Cox. Heres another thread about them.

http://www.sabong.net.ph/forum/showt...ght=dodge+city

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jacyro View Post
    When the Vassers 1st starting coming to Sunset years ago they would fight on Sunday in 5 or 6 cock Long Knife derbies they would usually fight 2 shows and Marty would pit sometimes Russell, they would fight lemon neck roundhead looking roosters as good as it gets but i think it played out i never saw them fight those much after that. World championships they fought spur not nearly as good as those roundheads.
    This list isn't corect pine grove didn't show with twin lakes that was two different enties and they are the o ly entrie to win all twelve I'm close friends with them and pine grove won it by there self it was marty ,jerry and a guy in ky that the brood fowl came from and there fowl didn't play out russel mover to oklohoma ,and passed away marty lost his legs then passed away last year as william passed last year too teddy is in jail and pits for a friend and jerry is still very active and they were probally hatch kelso you saww them show

Post Thanks / Like

dodge city shows mostly bama sports fowl there very tough

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwoodall View Post
    This list isn't corect pine grove didn't show with twin lakes that was two different enties and they are the o ly entrie to win all twelve I'm close friends with them and pine grove won it by there self it was marty ,jerry and a guy in ky that the brood fowl came from and there fowl didn't play out russel mover to oklohoma ,and passed away marty lost his legs then passed away last year as william passed last year too teddy is in jail and pits for a friend and jerry is still very active and they were probally hatch kelso you saww them show
    You could be right they could have been hatch kelso's. The reason i said played out is because ive seen em fight many times after and didnt think they were as good as those 1 to 2 years in sunset. Twin Lakes is Jerry Glass he was partnered up with Marty and them when they won the big one. Im very sorry to hear about Marty and Russell passing.

Post Thanks / Like

This is (west piont) speaking, 2003 world champs....... i know for a fact that the last world championship fought at the bayou im pretty sure it was Sammy in the Gaff that went 11-1 and won it,......because we fought in a different entry name that year in the LK (crabtree) that we went 10-2 in that same derby........ (After 2003 when we won, we lost by a half a fight the next year at the bayou in the world championship)......

Post Thanks / Like

From where is the 2006 champion (lucky ilocano) and what strains did they used? Thank you and good luck in your breeding programs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greybird101 View Post
    This is (west piont) speaking, 2003 world champs....... i know for a fact that the last world championship fought at the bayou im pretty sure it was Sammy in the Gaff that went 11-1 and won it,......because we fought in a different entry name that year in the LK (crabtree) that we went 10-2 in that same derby........ (After 2003 when we won, we lost by a half a fight the next year at the bayou in the world championship)......
    Indeed Sammy won 08 Bayou World Championship in the Gaff. 11-1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sinapangan View Post
    From where is the 2006 champion (lucky ilocano) and what strains did they used? Thank you and good luck in your breeding programs.
    This thread say asil or jap crosses.

http://www.sabong.net.ph/forum/showt...hlight=ilocano

Post Thanks / Like

greybird I was curious what kind of roosters and what heel you were showing when you split it with bill and rich? My coon blood came from billy (bred by Jerry Reamy RIP) which is what was shown and who you split the derby with. Was you showing the same kind of fowl the next year when you lost by half a fight and the 2008 derby when you was 1 fight short? Regardless with them scores you was sure doing something right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hitmonkey!!! View Post
    one of the cocks that was used in this died two year ago,,"the one eyed cock" the cock in my avatar is directly out of him
    Hit that cock must have been taken good care of because he had to be 13 years old or more. Is the Kirk McBryar penny or blueface or does he have both? Its my understanding he got his from Terry? I know Terry and his dad had the blueface but then had what is known as the penny today. Do you have a pic of that cock Im wondering if he is a dark one or lighter?
    Last edited by GamerGreys; January 18th, 2013 at 12:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Re: World Championship

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGreys View Post
    greybird I was curious what kind of roosters and what heel you were showing when you split it with bill and rich? My coon blood came from billy (bred by Jerry Reamy RIP) which is what was shown and who you split the derby with. Was you showing the same kind of fowl the next year when you lost by half a fight and the 2008 derby when you was 1 fight short? Regardless with them scores you was sure doing something right.
    Both years we had half-roundheads half-kelso's in the LK..... Our kelso blood cuts and are super game and the roundhead's are powerful and keeps their head back......... in both derbys that is what we fought...... the heel was a T-bolt, B pattern... 3 and quarter inch...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GamerGreys View Post
    Hit that cock must have been taken good care of because he had to be 13 years old or more. Is the Kirk McBryar penny or blueface or does he have both? Its my understanding he got his from Terry? I know Terry and his dad had the blueface but then had what is known as the penny today. Do you have a pic of that cock Im wondering if he is a dark one or lighter?
    He was thirteen he was a dark cock....kenny bishop had one of the cocks used in the wc also I think he lived till ten or eleven... kirk and sherril went on vacation together and sherril told terry let kirk have what he wanted...(kirk got home lil earlier than sherril) anyhow kirk had been payin attention to sherrils comments on what was the better of what he had so kirk got to pick through pens and get what he wanted... im sure kirk put some other blood in it but cant say for sure what....he was well known for the gl c ocks but his kelso was bad boys also....

Post Thanks / Like

Both years we had half-roundheads half-kelso's in the LK..... Our kelso blood cuts and are super game and the roundhead's are powerful and keeps their head back......... in both derbys that is what we fought...... the heel was a T-bolt, B pattern... 3 and quarter inch...
    We use to show quite a few of those roundhead kelso in the knife as well but ours didnt handle the t bolt as good as the smaller lighter knifes. My roundheads are not on the powerful side though and have more of a swinging cutting lick then hard driving hit.. Just curious what kind of roundhead and if you use them on the hen side? Did you have mostly bigger fowl?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hitmonkey!!! View Post
    He was thirteen he was a dark cock....kenny bishop had one of the cocks used in the wc also I think he lived till ten or eleven... kirk and sherril went on vacation together and sherril told terry let kirk have what he wanted...(kirk got home lil earlier than sherril) anyhow kirk had been payin attention to sherrils comments on what was the better of what he had so kirk got to pick through pens and get what he wanted... im sure kirk put some other blood in it but cant say for sure what....he was well known for the gl c ocks but his kelso was bad boys also....
    thanks for the reply hit. Did you breed that cock on a penny hen of your own to make that one in the avatar?