Thread: What's the best bloodline for infusion purposes?

Post Thanks / Like

What's the best bloodline for infusion purposes?

Guys, what bloodline is the best for infusion purposes especially in the philippines to improve you're bloodline?
    And please explain the best attributes of that bloodline to be considered for infusion?

Post Thanks / Like

info

You need to say what you have now, power, speed, brains?

You also need to say what you are trying to add.

Post Thanks / Like

infusion

I have sweater,kelso and some greys that I'm trying to maintain
    the line thru line breeding/inbreeding but some are getting smaller,low station.
    I need to infused other bloodline just to make them atleast medium to high station.
    What bloodline should I infuse to my fowl?

Post Thanks / Like
    Lemons, what more can you ask for? it have proven the test of time.

Sweaters, there are very good ones around and they are winning now.

1/2 Lemon, !/2 Sweater

Post Thanks / Like

IMHO

Add hatch to your Grey's, try Asil on the Sweater and Kelso.

6. Likes bcorey, kickin_chicken liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    sweater x hatch for me ... kasi sweater is more on kelso blood ... kaya good combination na ...

Post Thanks / Like
    They will all cross well with Hatch.

River Bty
    Canadian Kelso,
    Not to ruffle feathers of any big name breeders in this site, because i'm just a small time game fowl loving enthusiast. BUt my thoughts on how to determine what bloodline is best suited to infuse to your fowl, involves knowing what area of your fowl needs improvement. Like what happened to us on our last breeding, we bred Lacy Roundheads over our White Kelso, we found out that our fowls are very good at the initial onslaught because they take off vertical and decent enough not to get killed on initial head on buckles, but once an opponent goes down they are poor infighters or they cannot effectively cut downed opponents. Our plan is to add Albany or Mclean to the mix, hopefully so they can have more bottom.
    During my vacation i found a chance to have a conversation with Mr. Honey Yu a past WSD champ. He said he only have 3 breeds in his farm namely Sweaters, McLean Hatch and Boston Roundheads.. anyway its obvious what traits each line can contribute to a breeding program. He fights in circuits too so he said he notice that the trend now is leaning towards high breaking stags, so he got JJ Kelso's from Red Gamefarm to add "lift" on his stags this coming season. Just to cite an instance of a sensible approach to infusing bloodlines to a breeding regimen.:hippie:

10. Thanks mpn1971 thanked for this post
    Likes mpn1971 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

my opinion

Try to infuse bloodlines that can hit first , I remember the Ampil Bros years back in an after champ interview that they selected those fighters that can hit first and trained them to hit first. Now the recent WSD proved them right!

One catch though.... tie the knife right.

3 weeks ago, I choose 3 fighters that can hit first , I tie the knife myself and fortunately the three of them finished the fight in less than 30 seconds! one was unscatched.

12. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. For certain breeders to infuse new lines , one has to know what lacks from your present line or strain. Lemons will add smarts, timing, and cutting but the station will suffer. Roundheads will add ring generalship, and station but they are not considered game. Kelso and Clarets will put flight , action and cut but again, all of the mentioned lines will just improve the over-all performance of your strain. But the difference, let us say , your present strain has all of the traits needed to win but after years of breeding them as a 'family' (line and inbreeding) suddenly shows signs of deterioration, all of the above mentioned lines 'can' help on a short term basis. But it is the 'solid, game foundation lines that could help, add vigor, gameness and power to your strain. And if you have them back to your line, Cutting should improve. Just make sure that the solid blood you infuse must be pit tested to determine the cutting ability. Not all power and strains noted for gameness can cut there way out of a paper bag or some saying goes, ' they can't lick butter. Now, what are the lines best for infusion? The Whitehackle families( Kearney, Morgan, Gulls) and the Blueface Hatch. Red Richardson Butchers, Regular and Law Greys. You need just 1/8 or 1/16 of the new blood to keep your line going.

Post Thanks / Like

infuse..

oh..so much confusion for the infusion
    1. hatch
    2. rounhead
    3. kelso
    4. claret

you can create a lemon or anything in this lines...

archangel
    guess every strain has to infuse even a little hatch blood in them for gameness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well thanks guys for you're comments most of the cockers he're in Canada and the states infused a good whitehackle and hatch blood to add gameness.
    But for the Filipino slasher type fowl breeders gameness is not
    the first priority. It's more on smartness,speed and accurate cutting.
    Congratulations to the champion of this June 2006 WSD! ANYBODY have inside information regarding the makeup of their fowl they use in the recent WSD?
    Bloodlines of fowl that hit first
    Butcher
    Albany
    shawlnecks

Post Thanks / Like
    we have great success with our cigar clarets they score first... they are great cutters and they are very game..... we can cross them with anything....

cigar

Post Thanks / Like
    roundhead , grey,sweater and dont forget the hatch

karan
    i do agree with windjam and riverbty...we have to infuse at least 1/4 to 1/8 gameblood in our battlefowl..(ylh,whitehckle.albany.)..cause you'll never know when you need this gameblood,just in case the fight goes into a dragfight..:hippie:

20. Thanks Yunke8888 thanked for this post
    Likes Yunke8888 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    sweater and hatch :rbounce:

jundizon
    I always wanted to experiment. I want to cross a Thai hen to sid taylor black. Let's see what wud come out hehehe.

Post Thanks / Like
    any good claret blood would be great as an infusing due to the
    qualities brought to the table by claret blood.... same as hatch
    good hatch blood is great to infuse with however when infusing
    breeds you preferably want the same looking breeds that way when you breed the blood back out you have uniform offspring....

cigar

24. Likes gaff, Smokin RazorZ, green, kywolf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What's the best bloodline for infusion purposes?

More on infusion to preserve a bloodline-------Very interesting------------Lets keep it up people

Post Thanks / Like

Infusing I would think is different than crossing. I think of infusing is leaving a little of that blood in your fowl. A cross would be something you would have to do each year to make battle crosses. If I was infusing I would try to use some fresh blood that was similar to your base blood that had the qualities you are looking for. Fresh blood sometimes puts the spark back that inbreeding has removed Then at least 2-3 generations bred to know if that is the way you want to go. You need patience usually to continue a good line of fowl moo

27. Likes Smokin RazorZ, green, kywolf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Cigar an Lablue,pick fowl that look alike an that have similar qualities to the family that you are infusing.also when line breeding raise enough that you can select the ones with the qualities that you are looking for to breed.with time and patientce you may shape the family into what you are looking for in a family of fowl.

29. Likes Smokin RazorZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The old timers used grey blood to freashen up hatch type and good ole whitehackle for most everything else

31. Likes don128 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

for me....

any of hatch blood...

3/4 , 1/2 , 1/8 , 5/8....

Post Thanks / Like

For me, for blending or infusion to any family..I will always go for the black kelso. It will not only add smarts but cutting as well. jmho

Post Thanks / Like

any time I ad my rampuri to any AG family I get improved station, better cut, smarter fighting style, I have crossed them with all the fowl you mention CK.
    My gowdy jap have been used the same although they don't ad any smarts they are what I call kamikaze style bust in bust up get it over with, just my 2 cents YFIS, Bob

Post Thanks / Like

mainly it depends on what one is trying to accomplish. cigar

Post Thanks / Like

If your trying to keep them uniform try getting any of the basic foundation bloodlines like Whitehackle if you have reds and blueface/ Mcleans if you have dark colored birds! then you do selective breeding using only the highest quality birds out of each clutch!!! Depending on your taste you can go for leg color, comb, station and style. Now, the suggestions on the breeds are not mandatory but just example! The key is to use highly inbred(pure) strain to borrow down the gene pool so you can get consistent offspring for your infusion then breed only what your looking for after that!! But remember it will take few years not easy but rewarding when you get what you always wanted!!

37. Likes green liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good thread. My mugs are not the same as they were 50 years ago. But they still hold some of the qualities that they had then. I have infused blood a couple times but they are 90% the same blood I started with. Well at least 70. Dam maybe 60. I have many record books. I'm gonna have to get the calculator out.

39. Likes Sig1911 liked this post