Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is Patrick Antonio an idol?

Post Thanks / Like

Why is Patrick Antonio an idol?

what does it take to be an Idol in Philippine Cockfighting?
    How is an Idol different from a legend?
    Chiongbian is a legend, but not necessarily an Idol.
    Patrick may be an Idol, but he doesnt seem to be legendary.
    who ranks next to Patrick in terms of being an idol in Philippine Cockfighting?
    When Patrick got into the business (sagupaan), I momentarily took thoughts about his being a deserving idol of true blue filipino sabungeros (bec. sabong for him has become business and you know what it takes when the game becomes business). On hindsight, when you think about the employment he or his Sagupaan is giving our comrades, he may not only be an idol but an unsung hero. just thinking.

bubog

Post Thanks / Like
    :lol:

Post Thanks / Like
    if you look at the record of idol Patrick Antonio ...

2 time World Slasher Cup Champion ...
    consistent WSC contender...

multiple NCA breeder of the Year
    multiple bigtime derby champion "stags or cocks"

i think he is one of the legend of cockfighting in the PI and made his sagupaan products ... that's made him an IDOL for the Filipinos ...

other Filipino Idols IMO...

Nene Abello
    Sonny Lagon
    Dicky Lim

ravman

idol...

What a great man, from sports proven acts turns into big business....

Post Thanks / Like
    rizal...bonifacio...aguinaldo...lapulapu...dagohoy ...patrick antonio..

Sabong.NET.Ph
    Cocker of the Year 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

the real idol

Cockmates,
    We have different views regarding the true definition of an idol. The Merriam Webster Dictionary defines the word idol as " an image worshipped as a god" and " an object of passionate devotions". Nowadays, Mr. Patrick Antonio has some detractors and also has some devotees.
    My definition of an idol would be a guy like Doc Ted Tanchangco. Humble and very accomodating. Haven't heard any negative comments about the guy whereas, Mr. Patrick Antonio has 2 camps at odds (detractors and defenders).
    This is just my two-cent worth of opinion. Others may agree or disagree. That is why this forum is great. We may agree to disagree

renne 211

Post Thanks / Like
    ravman

on the contrary he is a big business man way before and his hobby was cockfighting only but eventually made him a household name among us. he did try to enter politics but was not as lucky as a cocker

Post Thanks / Like
    As a politician...he won a seat in the tongress too.

Post Thanks / Like
    .... because Patrick Antonio knows breeding healthy gamefowls, even knows how to acquire good ones, that's why he keeps his ranking consistently high.

what do you think others went down!

Post Thanks / Like
    :lol: Bicol_D!

wako say

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Patrick is an idol because he is the one handling his roosters inside pit, the way he handles his chickens is amazing like poetry in motion. He handles the chicken in the pit like a piece of paper. "magaan ang kamay sa pagbitaw". that's why patrick is an idol of mine.

Chiongbian is a legend but does not personally conditions his rooster unlike patrick, credit goes to mang berto and Doming polo for conditioning his ace fighters.

Post Thanks / Like

rumpel,

i agree with you ... just imagine last June WSD 2006 ... he has a 5 entries in his name and 2 other entries with his partners ... it takes a lot of pointing ... hehehe ... gifted child ata si idol PA.
    alagang promil ata si idol ... ahahaha

Post Thanks / Like
    ....kung hindi nagpapanalo ang mga manok ni Patrick, mapapansin ba ang pag handle niya ng manok? hahangaan ba siya? ang roots ng lahat ng yan ay ang kaalaman niya sa pag breed ng malulusog na manok scientifically with somebody's help or him alone.

siya lang ang nakapag salita sa madla na meron siyang alam sa breeding. yong iba baka may alam rin ayaw lang magpadulas.

kaya pagdating sa rankings, hindi siya nawawala sa top position di gaya ng iba lumutang-lumubog

Post Thanks / Like

patrick and araneta coliseum

i'm quite confused about what's going on at the araneta coliseum derbies. Years ago, it was Patrick who seemed to have been banned at the Araneta (Or was he really ever banned?) And now, it seems that its Jun santiago who has not been seeing action at the Araneta....tsk tsk...ano ba ang nangyayari dito sa mga idols natin..(Idol yan pareho di ba?)..Yung me alam dyan ng iside stories.....you can please shed light here...or PM on the matter...thank you ... Me away- bangayan ba dyan? hmmm...

bubog

Post Thanks / Like
    magka competition yata sila e sa feeds :lol:

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    jun santiago can come back in the big dome if he will change his
    outfit...no more blues please...

Post Thanks / Like
    when idol is still in congress he is not much concentrated into breeding. he is usually the first one to choose stags among good breeders before others choose theirs. kumbaga latak na ang mapunta sa iyo, kaya may isang sikat na breeder ayaw magbigay kay idol. kabibili lang nya ng nokiz 250heads at pacman 200heads kay sanford. naging issue sa mga shippers yan kaya siniraan pa dito yong shipper ng manok nila dahil sa inggit.
    dati nga na ban si idol sa araneta 10years ago na siguro

si jun santiago pag sa araneta coliseum, sya tinatawag doon na idol hindi sya na ban pero konting tampuhan siguro dahil sa security agency ang pinagumpisahan nyan.

Post Thanks / Like

top_signature
    patrick antonio has contributed a lot in Philippines Cockfighting Industrry...his name is now part of the cockfighting zeal in the philippines that will be hard to erase...

Siya yung dating Idol......at may Bagong Idol na ngayon...si

Sonny Lagon.

Watch and Monitor the 2006 LGBA Stag Series which will kick off this late August as Sonny Defends his Title as the reigning LGBA Cocker of the Year.

cheers!

whiteleggedred

give credit where it is due

P A is really an idol as a cocker. Hardly would you ever see a sagupaan entry where "OFF" yung manok,When its his cocks talagang "gagalaw" yan at mahirap talunin.YEs, he looses but the guy probably wins 70% of fights which is qualification enough to be a cocking idol. Tama, magaan nga ang kamay sa manok.That just doesnt happen overnight,you learn that from experience. Before sabi nila ng mag break si P A at Lancey lulubog daw si P A pero that didn't happen,He's still very much on top of the playing field. We have to give credit where it is due.The guy is a good cocker talaga, he also uses his grey matter & nowadays capital to stay on top. many may envy him but you have to admitt,he's good! tama rin mga nag sabi ang dami na natulongan ni P A especially employees of saguaan feeds nation wide & etc. Alam nyo saan talaga ako na bilib? Yung mga tips niya sa show niya ay tama,its really good.He doesnt try to mislead viewers but instead teaches them how he really does it & i know a couple of his current & ex handlers that are witnesses to that.On the other hand,lets also give credit to the people that bred the fowl & who has helped P A become who he is now.For a breeders mentality like me...these are my idols : Lancey de la Torre,Primallion,Ampil brothers & now Ernest Bilbao for the last 3 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    if you have not been banned anywhere you are not a idol in my
    book SL ain't...BUHAWI YES...

Post Thanks / Like
    ya, it might be PA himself or his seconds who knows. but the team PA knows breeding and how to acquire desirables.

edferrer2000

IDOL

I used to worked in araneta col.As a nurse by prof Im always on duty as a first aider in col.I know P.A. for five years and I really consider him as an idol bec he is onE of a kind not just in cockfighting but as a person.I know big names in UCAP and NCA as well before not all but most of them but dnt have the same char. like PA.Yung iba nga maharangan mo lang sa panonood nagmumura na!But idol is diff I even saw him get disappointed to the sentenciador but he reamains calm and should i say a man with respect to fellow. I think thats the reason why he is called Idol.

Post Thanks / Like

idol

i salute to PA...

Post Thanks / Like
    PA nag handle ba ng cock? si SL kanyang cock ba ang na handle?

dong1967
    ...kagagaling ko lang sa bakasyon.....halos lahat ng derby napuntahan ko.....ang napapansin ko lang sa mga DERBY ...pag may SAGUPAAN COMPLEXOR 300 NA ENTRY NAME...HALOS LO TRES PARATI ANG LOGRO......

dong1967

Post Thanks / Like
    dong...that shows the smarts in the pinoys...