123 42.27%
  • Wine Red

171 58.76%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: fowl training

spliff

fowl training

How to condition a foul for twenty minutes? while conditioning what kind of medicine and vitamins to give them.

Post Thanks / Like
    You mean Fowl...as in gamefowl, right?

spliff

fowl training

yes, game fowl

Post Thanks / Like
    spliff...i am not sure if he is still coaching or not but senator
    jaworski is the expert on fouls. somebody...contact no. please...

Post Thanks / Like

Wink hehehe, kog...

http://www.sabong.net.ph/forum/search.php?s=

Spiff, there's a link...just type in there, one at a time, Vitamins, Conditioning, and Exercise.

I'll give you one tip...this hobby or passion takes a lot of work and dough, be prepared

Kidd

Post Thanks / Like

Re: foul training

Quote Originally Posted by spliff
    How to condition a foul for twenty minutes? while conditioning what kind of medicine and vitamins to give them.
    All training that is done in excess is foul.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're asking for indurance for a 20 minute fight, better ask the Thailand cockers how they condition their fouls.... I mean fowls. We Filipinos use LK and the fights don't normally go to the distance unless the birds are injured or can't cut properly.
    Last edited by ubb6793; November 18th, 2007 at 09:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

20 mins is good if you intend to have your fowl run the marathon..
    kidding aside i think even 3 mins. is long enough fighting with LK usually
    averaged not even a minute.

Post Thanks / Like

I work mine for 3 weeks... the first week & 1/2 I work em till their wing's start drooping and they are out of breath... increasing work load every day. The second week & 1/2 work is decreased every day and I NEVER bench work a birds legs during any part of the keep. This is my method, but I'm a gaff man.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slipspur
    I work mine for 3 weeks... the first week & 1/2 I work em till their wing's start drooping and they are out of breath... increasing work load every day. The second week & 1/2 work is decreased every day and I NEVER bench work a birds legs during any part of the keep. This is my method, but I'm a gaff man.
    Greetings slipspur:

Just curious

What training do u give your birds that'l last 20mins per session until their wings start to droop? As you say you never bench work their legs so it means only their wings?

Post Thanks / Like

balance beam is the best...but instead of the beam...use a pullet...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwing
    Greetings slipspur:

Just curious

What training do u give your birds that'l last 20mins per session until their wings start to droop? As you say you never bench work their legs so it means only their wings?
    If you have or have access the the DVD's " Cockfighters, the Interviews " watch how Carol Nesmith works his rooster... I'd swear he's been spying on me! LOL... he even teaches his birds to get off of their backs like I do... I work on speed, stanima and balance with my work method. Bench working a birds legs builds the wrong muscles, he's pushing back as ya run him... not reaching out, so they don't cut fer crap. Leg work should always be done in litter so they build the right muscles in the right way. I don't start off with a 20 minute work out but it's getting close when we reach the middle of the keep.

Post Thanks / Like

I pattern my foul (or fowl) training after the professional basketball team training. It is light to medium training 3 to 4 days a week, rest 2 days & point before fight day. The training is for the whole fighting season- and there is no 1 month rest time after training. Therefore, I can train a few birds all fighting season and keep the expense down.

Most cockers would not agree with my EAA Basketball Training because their argument is that the birds will dry out (dehydrate 0r matutuyo but the birds naturally drink as they need moisture)- it works.

Because the birds are always ready, I can grab the birds and fight when I visit or have them enter any derby with only short notice. And, the birds do not get sick because they are always in training and in the best of health.

And for those that are in the selling business, the birds impress the buyers while sparring (and the biggest incentive is that the birds are ready-to-fight) and you end up with more sales and better pricing. How would you like to pick 4 or 5 ready to fight birds, fight them the same day and win?

For the LK training, the focus is on fluidity, alertness, agility, lungs and accuracy- to bring out - Cutting, Speed, Power and Gameness- that all come from the genes (breeding).
    Last edited by EAA Indians; December 3rd, 2007 at 10:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Too much work is as bad a too little. Hit a happy medium, evaluate, set objectives before you start. Adjust to invividual fowl.

Baja

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slipspur
    If you have or have access the the DVD's " Cockfighters, the Interviews " watch how Carol Nesmith works his rooster... I'd swear he's been spying on me! LOL... he even teaches his birds to get off of their backs like I do... I work on speed, stanima and balance with my work method. Bench working a birds legs builds the wrong muscles, he's pushing back as ya run him... not reaching out, so they don't cut fer crap. Leg work should always be done in litter so they build the right muscles in the right way. I don't start off with a 20 minute work out but it's getting close when we reach the middle of the keep.
    A ok. I have a set. But for those who doesn't own one I think I saw it posted in youtube.

Thanks

tagaBugtae

bossing kala ko basketball ang pag usapan ,dahil pag foul ang nokis tumba na sa talim ng gaff... agi lang bay

Post Thanks / Like

too much training is foul.

Post Thanks / Like

Overwork you rooster and give an overdose of supplements..... sure thing it will make your rooster FOUL

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: foul training

training chikens 4d long knife is more on mind and body conditioning. a little of everything is enough, just keep them alert and strong. first 1-3 connecting buckles can decice the fight or maybe less. selection and bloodlines are very important.

Post Thanks / Like

It's true that the fight in the long knife seldom lasts the 10-minute time limit but the fowls should be ready for it just the same, just in case. A well conditioned cock will cut better, and will perform better in the pit... even your cock Sir Kogmohon... no doubt.

There is a book by Dr. Ted Tanchanco titled 21-day keep. I have used and followed its recommendations with very good results, outstanding results. It is available at National Bookstore and I tell you, if this is a passion for you, this book is the best investment you will ever make. Hope tis helps.

germkrueger

Smile Re: foul training

See to it that the fowls under training are happy at all times let them do the training by themselves means natural training. Flying pen with one foot board covering four sides under will keep them fly naturaly especially if you have loose hens on your training ground. Move them from one place to another place this kind of sequence will keep them moving naturaly. Examples; from cording to scratching pen,from scratching pen to running pen, from running pen to flying pen, from flying pen to grass coop, from grass coop to sand coop(wet), from sand coop to cockhouse for pm feeding and then back to cording area. Remember fowls under training until day of figth should be healthy, tame, alert, happy and cheerful. these are some few good signs for conditioned fowls. I hope this gives you few good ideas in fowl training. Success amigo!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: foul training

Quote Originally Posted by germkrueger
    See to it that the fowls under training are happy at all times let them do the training by themselves means natural training. Flying pen with one foot board covering four sides under will keep them fly naturaly especially if you have loose hens on your training ground. Move them from one place to another place this kind of sequence will keep them moving naturaly. Examples; from cording to scratching pen,from scratching pen to running pen, from running pen to flying pen, from flying pen to grass coop, from grass coop to sand coop(wet), from sand coop to cockhouse for pm feeding and then back to cording area. Remember fowls under training until day of figth should be healthy, tame, alert, happy and cheerful. these are some few good signs for conditioned fowls. I hope this gives you few good ideas in fowl training. Success amigo!

I agree with you too....The Rotation Methods works guys.....It helps alot for my birds, I can see their performances is improving every week. It doesnt have to be only in the 21 keep, it can use on your daily basis thats what I do

Post Thanks / Like

Re: hehehe, kog...

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd Sentencia
    http://www.sabong.net.ph/forum/search.php?s=

Spiff, there's a link...just type in there, one at a time, Vitamins, Conditioning, and Exercise.

I'll give you one tip...this hobby or passion takes a lot of work and dough, be prepared

Kidd
    be always prepared for battle

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by jack_kie
    Overwork you rooster and give an overdose of supplements..... sure thing it will make your rooster FOUL
    Agree

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by germkrueger
    I agree...a good mental attitude goes a long way....

Post Thanks / Like

scratch box at fyling pen konti with hen inside... para di lang sya malungkot.

Post Thanks / Like

oooppppsss, i thought, you mean wrong pprocedure of training.
    too much exercise makes your fighting cock muscle bound, making their move to slow.

Post Thanks / Like

parang me MALI yata sa thread na to ah... parang iba yata ang FOUL sa FOWL....

Post Thanks / Like

if you will put a gun in front of me...i will do workout...men does it only to empress the girls...
    and so does the chickens...they scratch, they jug around, they do anything to get their attention...if you are fighting postiza or naked heel i would advice you to but not in longknife
    where fights are decided in seconds...if you need more minutes to kill the other chicken then
    you better examine your broodpens and knives...i start my FOUL training when they are
    released to range at 3 days old...with lots of beeswax, anai, fish, liver, fruits, and the best grass available to roam and eat and play...and for the rest...i will do like what victory lane and bantonspur does...of course my survival biscuit on fight day....

30. Thanks Carter21 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

a simple mistake just correct it..................... pilipino din ako..........................