Thread: respiratory flushing

Post Thanks / Like

respiratory flushing

any input for clearingthe clogged phlegm from the lungs, respiratory tracts and the nasal passages. what is your technique? and also when is the best time to remove all the dried mucus. thanks , input pls, input and keep on cybercocking.

Post Thanks / Like
    very interesting topic, help please...anybody?

Post Thanks / Like

CRD

felisa
    nonoy

What I use is called "VetRx" which I administer for five days in a roll.
    1st day= one drop in each eyes,front lower corner of the eve.
    one drop in each nostril,two is not a problem.
    five to seven drops on the upper inside of the mouth so that the rest of the liquid would go down the throat.
    2nd to the 4th day omit the treatment to the eyes
    5th day same as first day.
    I'm not a vet or a doctor, I'm just giving you an idea of what I do for my own birds.
    with the exception of the alcohol everything else is natural, this is why I like it + I find it to be effective.
    Hope this would help. You can also combine the treatment with
    Fish-Mox.
    Good luck!!
    BERT
    3/31/04

Simurgh
    Glenn said baytril I believed him.

The human drug Ciprobay is the stronger equivalent. +50 pesos each tablet. includes cleaning any ear infection too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bert

Where can we find the VETRX? Who is the manufacturer of that product?

Thanks for your input.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bert & Simurgh,
    Thanks for the enlightening response!

Post Thanks / Like

VetRx

Ferdief,

The co. address is: VetRx Lab.
    P.O.Box 407
    Pierce,Co.

Sorry that I didn't include it on the first posting because I'm used to see it at any feed store in Calif.,Guam and here in Saipan.
    Maybe there is someplace there in the PI .
    By the I just talked to a friend and he told me that VetRx is selling in the feed stores over there so some one mightbe able to post a location on this question.
    Good luck until next time!!
    BERT :sprcool:

Post Thanks / Like
    cockmates.....

search the thread ANO BA ANG VET RX? at usapang manok forum.

ruf tividad
    cockmates thanks i am learning a lot. lets continue to teach each other and promote the sport :rbounce: :rbounce:

Simurgh
    Another generics good for sick chicken, I had tried it.

Euroflox (Norfloxacin) less than 10 pesos each at your generic drugstores, 1/2 tablet will do! other brands of Norfloxacin will cost you 5 to 7X

solraya
    felisa,

If you want to try something that is herbal, I posted what we use under a thread titled *sipon*.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice topic.. need some info's...:hombre:

Post Thanks / Like

respiratory flushing©©©

I read in TJT Academy tips,,,

- CEPOREX, 500MG

sampaloc manila/ infanta quezon/ cerritos & buena park, california usa
    Post Thanks / Like
    all of the above mentioned are good and effective in a way . . .

but should it becomes chronic cull will be the best medicine :lol:

hiroundhead

respiratory

VETRX AND TYLAN 50 WORKS GOOD FOR ME. 1/4 cc OF TYLAN 50 3-5 DAYS AND 5 DROPS VTRX IN THE MOUTH, 2 DROPS IN EACH NOSTRIL, 1 DROP IN EACH EAR, 3-5 DAYS IN A ROW.

Post Thanks / Like

Antibiotic Flushing

To flush is to get rid of.....not only physically but systemically too. If you plan to do it with healthy birds then all the antibiotics mentioned above will do it but none works against mycoplasma gallispectum....the causative pathogen for CRD. Try using SPECTAM...this will work.

Thanks,

Spangle

SCORGEPIST

Re: respiratory flushing

Use Vetrx!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: respiratory

Quote Originally Posted by hiroundhead
    VETRX AND TYLAN 50 WORKS GOOD FOR ME. 1/4 cc OF TYLAN 50 3-5 DAYS AND 5 DROPS VTRX IN THE MOUTH, 2 DROPS IN EACH NOSTRIL, 1 DROP IN EACH EAR, 3-5 DAYS IN A ROW.
    This might work VETRX only helps the anibiotic work it is not an antibiotic it's like VICKS vapor rub for chickens.

SCORGEPIST

Tylan Soluble(Tylosin tartrate):Early signs of CRD (Chronic Respiratory Disease) or MG (mycoplasma gallisepticum) are watery eyes, coughing, sneezing, nasal discharge, and swollen sinus.Chickens can be treated with Tylan, unless used for egg laying. One jar treats 50 gallons of water. (Please Note: Tylan cannot be used for egg layers.)
    (NOT OK to eat eggs during treatment with these antibiotics.)

Post Thanks / Like

Still one point is not yet answered: nasal passages. I saw one did it. It was a bit bloody when a white clean cloth were inserted in the mouth to clean mucus. It really helps open/normalizes nasal passage. Plenty of dried mucus were removed manually using small wing feather., anybody know how?

CHAMPION
    Sabong.NET Derby 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by peatree View Post
    still one point is not yet answered: Nasal passages. I saw one did it. It was a bit bloody when a white clean cloth were inserted in the mouth to clean mucus. It really helps open/normalizes nasal passage. Plenty of dried mucus were removed manually using small wing feather., anybody know how?
    search in you tube tjt how to remove mucus on nasal passage he used bactidol and cotton balls to clean up

Post Thanks / Like

Kill the bug and you won't have to worry about the mucus. Vetrx helps to some degree. You must find the right antibiotic. If its viral you just have to wait it out. My preference is to cull the weak. They'll just pass their weakness to their offspring, then you'll have a bunch of weak one's.

Post Thanks / Like

What's ur take or opinion if they have it but are healthy in weight an perform great just have it.

Post Thanks / Like

I also use VetRx as a rub down when sick. I also use Tylan 50 injectable its a respitory antibiotic this has helped for me when just common cold and with other illness also i like to keep penicilin around. if tylan 50 dont cure in a week i will give a little of both tylan and pen. give one and then the next day give the other. this has worked for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sucess gamefarm View Post
    What's ur take or opinion if they have it but are healthy in weight an perform great just have it.
    I'm not sure if you mean me.
    I've always thought if one is sick and fifty others aren't, that there's something wrong with the bird. Why waste time with the sick when you have healthy ones who could use your extra time. If the bird is special I under stand trying to save them. It usually bites you in the but eventually. My experience is they pass there weak immune system to there offspring not to mention a chance of getting others sick on your yard. I always breed from a cock and hen that have NEVER been sick. Sounds cold but it really prevents others from becoming sick that would of never got sick if you would of got rid of the sick bird in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bert Pangelinan View Post
    felisa
    nonoy

What I use is called "VetRx" which I administer for five days in a roll.
    1st day= one drop in each eyes,front lower corner of the eve.
    one drop in each nostril,two is not a problem.
    five to seven drops on the upper inside of the mouth so that the rest of the liquid would go down the throat.
    2nd to the 4th day omit the treatment to the eyes
    5th day same as first day.
    I'm not a vet or a doctor, I'm just giving you an idea of what I do for my own birds.
    with the exception of the alcohol everything else is natural, this is why I like it + I find it to be effective.
    Hope this would help. You can also combine the treatment with
    Fish-Mox.
    Good luck!!
    BERT
    3/31/04
    Paire Che'lu, Talo'lu gi buena. VetRx is a multi-use medication and is absolutely great to use for a prevention program. Let me share this research. Vet Rx: Effective relief and prevention of colds, roup, scaly legs. Use VetRx warm, To warm open cap. Put bottle in small pan of water. Heat at medium temperature. To prepare solution, add one teaspoonful of warm VetRx to one-cup very warm water.
    Colds and Roup
    To aid in the treatment of minor respiratory conditions, drip VetRx solution into birdís nostrils. Place a few drops of warm VetRx, straight from the bottle down the throat of bird at night. Also rub some warm VetRx from the bottle overhead of birds and under wings. Also swab throat and wash head and eyes with this solution two times per week. Keep nostrils, eyes and throat as clean as possible.
    Flock-Care--Spray warm VetRx solution over as many birds as possible. Use any small sprayer, and keep sprayer in pan of hot water before using. Add a few drops of VetRx in drinking water each time you change it. It will float on the water and get on beaks and nostrils of birds each time they drink. Preventing colds and roup--To help prevent colds, sprinkle a few drops of VetRx in litter every four or five days. Rub one or two drops of warm, full-strength VetRx under wings. This will not only help birds when they put heads under their wings, but their body heat will send aromatic vapors throughout coop to help all bird.
    Scaly Legs
    When shanks of bird appear dry, rub them with a small amount of cold VetRx from the bottle. In cases of heavy scale, apply cold VetRx and rub in thoroughly all over shanks and toes. Repeat every three days until legs are completely free of scale.
    "Eye Worm"
    The tiny worm works its way under the third eyelid and causes a pus pocket to form. The bird will blink excessively and rub its eye at base of wing feather. To treat hold bird under your arm so you have both hands free. Open birdís mouth while turning its head to side and tilting down so you can see the cleft in the roof of the mouth. Dip a small cotton swab into warm VetRx. Press swab right into cleft. Do this slowly. Watch for VetRx to come from each side of birdís beak and pus coming from corner of each eye. Remove pus and rest bird for a while. You may have to repeat treatment two or three times before you see results.

Asta Ki and Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

i had a bad time with crd this year i used alot of bleach and baytril if u can find a vet to give it to you. if u can get it get for large animals alot cheaper and lower dose, it is expensive but worth it in the end after all the time and money u already have in them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oning_the_cat View Post
    search in you tube tjt how to remove mucus on nasal passage he used bactidol and cotton balls to clean up

Thank you! nice video demonstration!