Thread: exercises

Post Thanks / Like

Smile exercises

paano mag exercise ng manok?

ravman

Cool

Self exercise ba? kasi kung self exercise un lang pag lipad papunta sa hapunan niya, pero kung as part of training depende sa trainor yun kung anu ang activities na kelangan ng manok.

tama po ba? inputs pa po jan sa mga veterans

tigercobra
    rotational sa teepee or t-pole, cording, flypen, running pen at scratch pen.....manual ay ang table works flying or swimming, flip-ups, side-steps, back-stand, swing fly, scratching, paglalagay ng leg weight, sound tripping o recorded na ingay sa sabungan, field trip o pamamasyal o riding para wla biyahilo at mawala na rin ang territorial attitude at kahit saan ay pwede siya lumaban, cording sa mataong lugar...inoorasan para malaman kung may improvement ang endurance sa mga exercise activitivies.

matapos ang mahabang training at exercise ay i schedule sa isang sparring at i-record ang mga kilos at galaw nito..after a month sparring ka ulit at silipin ang mga pagbabago.

Post Thanks / Like
    Salamat pare sa idea.

ravman

Unhappy

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    :rbounce:

Post Thanks / Like

sir guapito

baka my idagdag papo kayo??

TINIGBAN-1
    BY TJT

Exercises During The KEEP - The Rotation Method

There are a thousand and one ways of training a gamecock. Different trainers have different styles and different procedures. In my years of cocking, I have looked up to local and foreign cocking greats whom I happened to meet and have acquainted myself with during those years. Meeting the likes of James Pope and Buddy Mann proved very informative and helpful in my personal quest for proper training of my gamecocks. For James Pope, sparring is the best exercise or training for roosters; for Buddy Mann, it is a combination of natural exercises and table work-outs. From them and from my personal experience, I share to you most of what I know about exercises during the Keep.

Since my first sparring session, I have noticed that every time a cock fights, he pants; he pants heavily specially during summer months; he also pants excessively when he has too much moisture in his body. Therefore, the main concern of a trainer during the Keep is to develop the cock's coping mechanisms to lessen panting. Panting is a sign that the cock's body system is stressed such that his heart beat increases to supply more oxygen to his organs. Respiration is naturally agitated. Exercises further enhance the cock's coping mechanisms.

First of all, I would like to make it clear that training a gamecock really begins from the time he was hatched. Proper rearing and nutrition are, for the most part, the backbone of training. One cannot do much in a 21 or 14 day Keep, other than to keep the cocks alert, increase their stamina and tone the muscles. Power comes with breeding, and muscles are developed during the rearing stage and pre-conditioning. Training should help promote flexibility, strength, muscle toning, contouring and cardiovascular endurance. No amount of exertions can improve the constitution, circulatory and respiratory capabilities of sickly birds. So, start them while they are young and properly care for them while they grow.

During the Keep, a trainer aims to make the cocks always alert because this is precisely what they need during the battle. Agility, reflex and quick thinking is an asset in fights lasting, sometimes, for just a few seconds. You must avoid what we call "Boredom Disease Syndrome" where the animals mope, become listless and disinterested.

Another objective of doing exercises during the Keep is to tone the muscles of the cocks. Toning is different from muscle development as the latter is gained during the growing and pre-conditioning stages, while toning is simply working on what you already have. With toned muscles, the cocks are relaxed, not muscle-bound and never coop-stale.

There are several views regarding training exercises for fighting cocks. Most older cockers before, subscribe to the "manual" or table exercises which mean the trainer's supervision and handling to exercise the cocks. This finds the necessity of various exercises like the "tailing", flies, flips, turn-overs, etc. Other advocates the "natural" or not much human interference on the movements of cocks in training. This brought about the Rotation Method and the use of fly pens, and scratch boxes to exercise cocks. Both systems have their own advantages and disadvantages, and I feel a combination of both is necessary to exercise gamecocks properly.

The Rotation Method. Rotation here simply means the transfer of cocks from the cord, to the fly pen, to the scratch box, to the resting coops, then back to the cord or tee-pee. For this method, a trainer must have a fly-pen measuring 12' in length, 4' wide and 12' high. If you could have pens with bigger dimensions, the better. There must be an adjustable roost, which can be positioned 4, 6, or 8 feet above the ground. The litter floor is a mixture of horse manure, river sand, and garden soil. The loose texture of the ground cushions the cock’s landing and also encourages them to do some dusting.

The Scratch Box. The scratch box, on the other hand, is made of wood with the following dimensions: 3' long, 3' wide, and 3' high. Make it high enough so that the wings are not obstructed when the cock flaps them. The box should have wooden floors to ensure proper extension of the legs when the rooster scratches with a full swing of the legs extending back. Scratch materials like corn shucks, banana leaves, or hay must be placed in the box. The box is intended for scratching, not dusting, so don't put soil in it.

The Tee-pee. The tee-pee or cord area should be their sleeping grounds, and where they catch the morning dew and sun-bathe in the morning. Position your tee-pees facing East or where sunlight casts its rays in the morning.

The Coop. A special coop for resting is also needed when you do rotations. This is a small coop measuring 2' wide, 2' long and 2' tall. The cocks are brought here to rest during the day a kind of a siesta place.

The rotation is done by transferring the cock from one pen to the other after spending some time in it. When transferring from one pen to the next, always wash the cock's face and legs before placing him in the next pen. Use a mist sprayer with Vet Rx. This opens their lungs and improves their breathing. In the scratch box, encourage scratching by throwing in ˝ teaspoon oat groats per bird. For the first day, place a little scratch material and let the cock scratch for only five (5) minutes. On the second, increase the amount of scratch materials and increase the duration of scratching to 10 minutes. Increase the amount of the scratching materials and the duration of the scratching up to the 7th day where the materials are almost 6 inches deep and the duration of the exercise, 30 minutes long. Starting on the 8th day, decrease the amount of scratching materials and the duration of the exercise in such a way that you reach zero on the 12th day of the Keep.

There are different materials used as scratch for light and heavy exercises. I use banana leaves for light scratching done only during the summer months, and use corn shucks or sugar cane leaves for heavy scratching done only during the cold months. Hay can be classified as an in-between type of scratch material. You yourself must decide whether your cock needs light or heavy exercises and adjust accordingly.

Do the scratching exercise when the cock is hungry or else, you will never get the desired results. I place my cocks in scratch boxes as early as 4 in the morning when they start to feel their hunger coming in. After scratching, I pick him up, wash his face and feet, then return him to the tee-pee for sun and dew.

By 7 a.m., I feed the cocks their conditioning ration for the day. You may find a discussion on the conditioning feeds I prepare in the I. Feeding During The KEEP.

At 9 a.m. take the cocks from the cord, wash their faces and feet, and place each in their respective fly pens until noon.

At 12 noon, place them in the resting coops. This resting should not be more than 2 hours to prevent coop-staleness.

By 2 p.m. get a pair of the rested cocks and do a "salida" or do a "kahig" and allow them two buckles while holding on to their tails. After the "salida", place the cocks again on cord while they await feeding. During the night, we do the table workouts."

ayheef

exercise

sir,

how can i do the table exercise?

you can also email me: acfernando32@yahoo.com