Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to train your fowl not too go too high and not to rush in quickly

charlie

How to train your fowl not too go too high and not to rush in quickly

Guys I've tried the search engine here in sabong.net but there is no answer even from the old topics about how to train your fowl from flying too high. Do you hit them each time they go too high, so that it will stick in their mind? What do you suggest and how high is too high? Also, how do you train fowl from rushing in too much? Do you "hit" them so to say...so as they become abang style?

Your inputs are appreciated.

tsampoy
    let him peck to a catchcock until he release his anger and diminish his aggressiveness.................REVERSE COCKING METHODS............................HAHAHAHAHA!:lol : :lol:

tsampoy
    .............and that builds SELF-CONFIDENCE too..............hahahaha!

foreverchamp
    if your cock is a rusher try to stay in the middle i try to stop the rusher cock from hitting the other cock. they will stop in the middle of the pit and will do the abang stance.thanks.

CyberFriends
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem with some of my fowls. I asked my tito how to make the rushers a bit more abang. He told me that when you spar them, tie him to a cord and when you release him, just make sure you step on the cord at a particular distance so that he wont rush in.

Post Thanks / Like

chickens are not dogs

charlie,

if it were possible to train roosters to fight the way you want them to fight...Then, the breeding business would not be a multi-billion industry...

Train your rushers to jump into a boiling pot, then into a feather thresher and then into the slicer and degutter and then into the freezer.... Then when your friends come over...you can share them along with cold beer...

glenn

Post Thanks / Like
    Try sparring your cocks once in a while without gloves with a good "abang" cock. Two buckles should do in 2 or 3 successions. At the back of that cock small brain, he would remember getting hurt everytime he rushes in. Make sure you release him from a distance. Do it every 5 days in a month. Let us know the result if you would try this. We have tried this method with some rushers 50% did improve, 50% did not and ended in tupada. Just my unsolicited advice.

yfis,
    GW

Soliven
    that's right spar without gloves so that when he is hit he can feel the pain being hit. The next time he fights he will be careful.

Anyway, you can't also change the fighting style of fowls, maybe they are the speed type or he's still a stag. When a cock gets older he's getting wiser

Post Thanks / Like
    Charlie,
    Put your rushers in a 3x3 pen close to another cock. Get him used to having a cock close to him. That's it. Maybe in a few weeks he won't rush too much. It works for me.
    Best,
    Victor

Post Thanks / Like
    We have the same problem last Global Derby, heheheh.

But Charlie, you said one of your problem is "flying too high?":wow:

Let me imagine what happened: You released your cock, it zoomed right away, flew high, hit nothing but air, and the opponent hit it while yours is landing or right after it landed. Quick win...for the other side.

Not to rush, yes, maybe there's a fix to that. But high-flying? I guess it will go with the rushing problem as soon as it's "cured."

What bloodline/s these cocks are anyway?

Some bloodlines or crosses of it are rushers...hopeless rushers, I suppose.

We fought a cross of greenleg hatch and brownred last GD, and we swore not to breed that cross again, heheheh.

Kidd

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Glenn is right. While you can condition your roosters, there is only so much you can do to train your roosters to fight. It's mostly in their genes. They are chicken, after all. Not a boxer, who is a human being.

If you don't want a rooster that flies too high or rushes in too much, then get a strain that is known for its defensive style - Roundhead, for example. Of course, not all Roundheads are ground fighters and defensive. But a large percentage of them are.

Emmanuel Lafradez

Train a rusher

This is my personal experience for this rusher...spar them with good "abang" style every time you spar, they learn their mistakes especially if they get hurt they will change into better rooster.

The roosters also become rushers if their bodies are too dry.

SampuAnim
    I agree with some guys here. Although the fighting style of a rooster is much dependent on the genes, I have observed some rushers that somehow have refrained rushing after having sparred against abang cocks.

Being hurt and defeated most of the time in numerous spars somehow must be contributing to the learning process. I won't call it training but possibly natural instinct of an animal taht at least remembers getting hurt for something wrong it does continuously over a period of time.

Post Thanks / Like
    charlie;

although I like the 'high buckling rushing with out let up' types.

the way I see it, is that your chickens have to be corded and the distance from one another is probably 2 feet. so when they wake up they are always defensive and they know that they wont be able to reach the other chicken, if they are a hot head they will get tired of trying to reach the other roosters. this will take some time, until they find their comfort zone. you will just notice that they will feel complacent with their surroundings and with the other roosters around them. by this time you will have a defensive fighter. also if you spar a lot, that will make your fighter more defensive.

good luck, it's nice to watch two defensive fighters in the pit.

ATTY.SILVOSA JR
    charlie,

Please, allow me to share to your predicament, regarding rusher rooster. What I can suggest to you is that you should capitalize instead the fighting style of your fowl.

Rusher rooster has the capacity to deliver fatal strike blows ahead of their oppenent.

How to capitalize, first, do not allow a person to "bitaw" your fighting cock who has no background about his fighting style. Second, while in the arena stay close to your opponent and when the fight begins release your rooster quickly and with timing ahead of your opponent calculated to cause heavy and disatrous damage.

jojie & mercy

dolphin

Smile my 3 cents thoughts

Experienced handlers tries to know the character and fighting styles of their roosters.Come fight time different techniques is employed when releasing a rooster.There are people who wants their rooster to be "galit" because they perform better when they are hot.Some people employ more "palakad than patuka" to lower down aggresiveness."Pabagsak at Paharap" for the angat." Other handlers used "patagilid" with gentle touch to the ground for the onrushers.Just some of my observation,hope it helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pareng Glenn's observation and suggestion is realistic. Chickens are what they are----chickens!!! You want the abang, defensive, alert, perfect timing, hard to kill if not unkillable, use a remote controlled one. You can make it wait, stand at attention, make abang, sugod, fly, hover, attack from the air to ground, attack from ground to air, crosscut, lakad. Your fingers should be nimble enough to push the button and the lever of the controller.
    My 4got10 opinion only. Have a nice, perfect day to all of you frineds!!! Ohhhhhhh wrong spelling, again!!!!....Friends!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Roundhead
    One problem that I have noticed that can arise when the cocks are corded that close, is thier teritory is smaller and they are used to other cocks being close to them. They know they cant reach the other cock. When they are taken to the pit the problem is the other cock is that close to them before they relise whats happening its over your cock is dead.
    I like the cocks to be corded a good distance apart so if a cock is with in 5 feet from the other cock he will defend his turf.

when it comes to flying or not flying that is controled in the brood pens I personaly dont think this trait can be taught they either have it or don't.
    A cock will fly high in the flypens to get to the roost but if his style of fighting is ground he wont fly in a fight .and vice versa.
    Cheers Mate
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Matt;

you are right. that is why i said that they get complacent. I guess the distance of five feet maybe better for a defensive security, i guess it is because of the case of Charlie who wants to transform his rusher to a more defensive rooster. i am lacking in words I guess what i am trying to say also with what i said earlier is to 'stale' the bird. I personally like a high buckling rusher anytime of the day. the defensive types give me a heart attack, i sometimes feel they lack motivation to kill from my experience. but that is just my own oppinion, as you know some handlers would cull a whole lot of rushers--now that is like throwing money away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mate
    I agree with you on the throwing away money by culling rushers .
    I have a line that is quite agressive and what I do is don't get they to worked up during the warm up. Just tease them enough to get them interested.
    Cheers mate
    Matt

tsampoy
    all of us love using breeding materials that produce MULTIPLE WINNERS.we all like breeding these REUSABLE cocks.unlike these RUSHERS that only win mostly one fight and end up as BALDADOS,hahahahaha!i call them DISPOSABLE,hahahahaha!like an insulin syringe,after using it you dispose it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tsampoy
    If a cock is that agressive that he is suicidal then yes he wont become a MULTIPLE WINNER. As they are to hot headed. But If they are acurate and deadly cutters.Why not Game test them and keep them and infuse this cock into a line that has Smart Defencive Style? It may the the Nic that works.
    If he isnt a Hopeless ManFighting, Suicidal Dunghill Doesnt he deserve a chance to Prove it?
    Cheers Mate
    Matt

Post Thanks / Like
    tsamp;

kindly sir I disagree. There are different types of rushers, there are types that rush but peck first before shuffling, this type are the dead rusher types. they simply get topped by a bacolod fowl and then bam their dead. But there's the rushing type who will fly on top of their opponents all the time and keep their feet up front, now this is the type that is money in the bank. Defensive types will end up lowering their heads(ending up dead) or just go head to head for the first buckle and the next leap will go with the rusher and the one after(more likelihood because they are more excited to fight). A simple way of saying it too is, if this rooster with the blade lands down, it will have more impact than a rooster going up(unless his opponent gives his breast). makes sense? anyway that is my take, and I respect all the guys who work and prefer the defensive types.

Post Thanks / Like

Birds can be trained to a ceratin extent...

I can say you can train a bird to a certain extent. You can make a rusher be an abang type and also make the salto, but this only holds true once you release the bird until the first buckle after that the bird is as natural as it is an aggressive rusher. But only smart birds learn from training, or when they get hurt... the stupe don't learn they remain the natural rusher they are whatever you do.
    I agree with the method of using a cord on a rusher, sfter pulling the string for some time and his legs gets tired and strained he will realize it is better to wait as there is no good use rushing. But once he settles down, make sure to use a catch cock and hit him when he gets too close becoz this way he will realize that he should not allow his opponent to get too close becoz he will get hit.

I also agree with Matt Dune that tying the birds on cord too close makes the bird complacent and he tends to be hit first once release on the pit.

Post Thanks / Like

THIS GAME IS ALREADY A GAMBLE..WHY GAMBLE EVEN MORE

Folks,

It is always a heart wrenching experience to watch your rooster being released.. Even when I am fighting my aces who I have seen many times adjust to the style of the other rooster..
    I still find myself crossing my fingers and hoping that he does not screw up and does what is expected of him..

But even with very smart fighters... there is a chance that they don't do what is expected of them.. So, why should you hope to fix a fault that is so unwanted in a knife fight when there are better fighters to be found.

It is called "breeder's disease" When you don't want to let go of your breeding because you feel that there is still hope.. or you may be talking yourself into believing that they are good enough..

When breeding an untested mating for the first time... never go all out and mass produce.. that way, you won't have to get rid of too many if you have to..

Lord knows, I have tried the many quick fixes that are being proposed on this thread... but I have lost more than if I had not fought them at all...

Unless your rusher tops the other rooster 110% of the time on the first buckle... then you may have to reconsider....FIND OTHER USES FOR THEM... like as catch cocks for your aces to beat up.. or bring them to the derby as warm-up cocks...since they usually peck very well..

This is the knife game... and MAD RUSHERS are not favored to win...

The more critical you are with your fowl... and the more unforgiving you are in your selection process.... the more you will win... I know it is easier to give this advise than to follow it... because I find myself compromising sometimes and I usually find myself losing when I compromise...

If I try to recall the times that i lost .... most of it were due to me listening to my handler telling me that the cock that I "put out" of the line up has started sparring really good and is showing good form...

I have learned (after many costly mistakes) not to listen to my handler's suggestions when it comes to selecting fowl...( he does not have the eye but he has been just lucky on some occasions)

Anyway, it would be wonderful if we could train our roosters to fight the right way.... then, there would be more training farms than breeding farms... I could just imagine the Ads in gamefowl magazines... "WE TRAIN HATCHES TO FLY SIX FEET HIGH" "WE CAN ALSO TRAIN YOUR SINGLE STROKERS TO TURN ON THE FAN"
    " SEND YOUR ROOSTERS WITH THE FLAWS AND WE WILL FIX THEM !!! OR YOUR MONEY BACK" "SEE HOW RUSHERS LEARN TO STAY ON THE LINE TILL THE COWS COME HOME". :lol:

I am just injecting humor to this subject... but I hope the beginners realize how serious it is to fall into the predicament of the "breeders' disease".....

glenn

doc leng
    Breeder's Disease. State of mind yan, my kind of line.

It can be directly caused by one's pocket-level, how deep or shallow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice post Glenn. You are definitely right.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to agree with you Glenn but Torpoas question would have been more appropriate to your answer if it was "Would you breed a Rusher rather than an Abang cock?".

The mere fact that members have posted their opinion how to go about the problem of a cock rushing aggressively is purely to give the most appropriate answer they know as far as their knowledge and willingness to help is concerned.

Having been a beginner (we all were), not all have been as successful as Lancey, Abello (and that includes you Glenn perhaps) to produce cocks without the undesired traits such as those rushers and high flyers.

As Doc Leng have insinuates, one's pocket-level have very much something to do with that. If a poor small time breeder ends up producing these roosters, certainly might not want to cull them all. It would be a big waste on his part having in mind there are tupadas and hack fights around. The natural tendency therefore is to see if there is a training solution to all of that.

But then again, with the initial mistake as a neophyte, one must assert the need to replace (cull) his broodfowls upon realizing those undersirable traits.

No offense intended here my friends (lol). Peace.

charlie
    Thanks for everyone's comments. Mang Glenn it's good that you injected humor early on. And thanks for your 2nd post being more serious. GW, swallow, roundhead, Matt Dunne, tsampoy, victor, Soliven, Kidd S, Emmanuel Lafradez, SampuAnim, new to game, Atty Silvosa Jr. thanks for all of your inputs.

mctate
    pardon me
    but i'm new to this business

could you please tell me where (what site, etc.) can i find characteristics of the different bloodlines, the advantages and disadvantages of each

thank you very much

MC