Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 37

Thread: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

  
  1. #1
    Senior Member Nortacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    baseline
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like

    lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    what can you say about this bro, i have a stag derby winner na lemon sweater kelso cross, i was thinking of crossing it to an asil, or a parawakan.. will this work or will they be dunghills?
    thanks for the comments..

  2. #2
    Senior Member don b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Las Pinas
    Posts
    1,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    It depends if they blend.

    If your asils or parawakan are bred for naked heel, you need to grade it more. Reduce, resize.........

    Kung steel game sila, then they should be good as halves.

    Importante, well bred ang Orientals mo to save time. Balanced and well proportion para may mobility.

    Yung mga paa, hindi nagluluya, tamang haba ng hita, leeg, katawan, etc..........

  3. #3
    Member gentlemancocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    456
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up


  4. #4
    Senior Member DINOPATANI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Mina...............
    Posts
    1,331
    Post Thanks / Like

    i'd say

    try it, bro................

    then the F1 cocks you can try them in the pits.................. only after that you can decide whether they are good enough, or you have to stop the breeding................

    but the combination of a good cutter (asil) and a fast shuffler (sweater) may result in a nice performance of a large body cock (asil blood)...............

    just bet as small as possible when you test them(F1) in the pits

  5. #5
    Senior Member ylhatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    middle east
    Posts
    573
    Post Thanks / Like
    nortacs,

    get info k bulik apatot he has indepth knowledge with this

    goodluck

  6. #6
    Senior Member Nortacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    baseline
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    hello sirs, it's been a long time since i've replied to you all, i've tested the grades in sprring but to no avail, they were all dunghills, too slow and too big, they're not multiple shufflers as what we expected.. so we hae to cull them... the F1 hen i've kept to breed with a lemon this tine.. hehehehe... what do you think?

  7. #7
    Senior Member Dynamite asil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nortacs
    hello sirs, it's been a long time since i've replied to you all, i've tested the grades in sprring but to no avail, they were all dunghills, too slow and too big, they're not multiple shufflers as what we expected.. so we hae to cull them... the F1 hen i've kept to breed with a lemon this tine.. hehehehe... what do you think?
    Try infusing Asil or any orientals that can win in slasher fights. better used graded oriental hen that has brother who fought game and win in slasher fights. Usually oriental cock are graded to texas line because we can test the cock in the pit to for gameness and smartnest. hope this help.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cebu City
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like

    Talking Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    nice thread.. looking forward for inputs..

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    nortacs,
    bro , one of the famous gamefowl breeder in u.s.a. right now infused some asil blood in his gamefowls and the result is excellent (am not gonna mention his name). a friend of mine also breed his regular grey to his asil aquired from boles and the result also is very good. beleive it or not all five greys offspring are winners, the reds scored 3 wins one loss. but it takes him years to find the right formula (how many percentage of asil blood is
    needed to cross with kelso , brown reds or greys etc.) yes, i agree they are a little bit slow but you can never kill them in one or two stroke, i think this is because of their "bodybuilt" (STRONG & WIDE BODY FORMATION).his roosters is named the sweater killer in the pit. last but least DO NOT FIGHT THEM LESS THAN TWO YEARS OLD ESPECIALLY IN LONG KNIFE.
    BEST WISHES !!!

  10. #10
    geovanne moleno
    Guest

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    share ko lang ang mitra parawakan asil crossed to roundhead broodstag ko...http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/h...geo/028_28.jpg

  11. #11
    Senior Member VMT^Carmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    VizMin
    Posts
    1,941
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nortacs
    what can you say about this bro, i have a stag derby winner na lemon sweater kelso cross, i was thinking of crossing it to an asil, or a parawakan.. will this work or will they be dunghills?
    thanks for the comments..
    It usually takes a lot of patience to grade asils
    it not for the uninitiated



  12. #12
    expressdelivery
    Guest

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    start with fast steel game proven parawakan grade
    scout ka ng nagpapanalong lahi nyan

    tapos hanap ka ng maiinam na SWEATER at ROUNDHEAD hens
    concentrate ka lang sa 2 lahi na yan
    dahil dyan madalas mag nick ang maiinam na parawakan
    cross mo yan sa mainam na parawakan grade broodcock o broodstag

    sa cockside......dito madalas ang pwesto ng parawakan grade sa breeding
    sa hendise..........fast cutting high breaking american fowl ang gamitin mo
    like i said........sweater or roundhead
    Last edited by expressdelivery; March 1st, 2008 at 04:27 PM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member ManiX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Davao City
    Posts
    981
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    gandang thread ito. di pa ako naka try ng asil. sino po ba ang me magandang breed na nagito? at magkano kaya.

  14. #14
    expressdelivery
    Guest

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    my parawakan grade broodcock and broodstag:

    http://expressdelivery.multiply.com/...G_MATERIALS#11
    3 times winner red parawakan-green legged sweater
    last fought in cainta,entry financed by wildfoot
    broodcock from pareng randybullz

    http://expressdelivery.multiply.com/...G_MATERIALS#14
    gold parawakan-green legged sweater broodstag.........basal
    broodstag also from pareng randybullz

    reasons why we breed and produce some of them:
    1.matibay sa sakit,madaling paramihin at palakihin
    2.mainam ang cutting,mabilis pumihit,off beat ang laro,lutang at mataas mamalo
    3.they have good station,average weight lang at nasa 1.9 to 2 kg lang....
    kung american hen ay medium station lang ay mai improve ng infusion ng parawakan blood.
    matatangkad ang lalabs na mga anak.

    we don`t produce many of this kind of cross
    limited lang ang space ng cording area namin
    we breed more on american gamefowl
    mga ilang parawakan cross para sa amin ay pwede na
    http://expressdelivery.multiply.com/photos/album/3#17
    Last edited by expressdelivery; March 1st, 2008 at 06:07 PM.

  15. #15
    expressdelivery
    Guest

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    as much as possible
    i avoid using oriental grade hen
    usually mababagal ang mga kilos
    ng mga lumalabas na anak

    using fast cutting high breaking american hen
    bred to fast moving good cutting steel game oriental grade cock
    usually give better results sa mga cross na anak
    just sharing my experience in breeding them

    ewan ko sa iba

  16. #16
    Senior Member Nortacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    baseline
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    Quote Originally Posted by tarosa
    nortacs,
    bro , one of the famous gamefowl breeder in u.s.a. right now infused some asil blood in his gamefowls and the result is excellent (am not gonna mention his name). a friend of mine also breed his regular grey to his asil aquired from boles and the result also is very good. beleive it or not all five greys offspring are winners, the reds scored 3 wins one loss. but it takes him years to find the right formula (how many percentage of asil blood is
    needed to cross with kelso , brown reds or greys etc.) yes, i agree they are a little bit slow but you can never kill them in one or two stroke, i think this is because of their "bodybuilt" (STRONG & WIDE BODY FORMATION).his roosters is named the sweater killer in the pit. last but least DO NOT FIGHT THEM LESS THAN TWO YEARS OLD ESPECIALLY IN LONG KNIFE.
    BEST WISHES !!!
    sir, salamat sa reply mo nitong thread na ito... i've now reduced it to 1/4 and waiting for the result, i stopped breeding them for a while kasi tinatamad akong mag-experiment, now im starting it over and grading them further, the sweater-asil cross was put away,now it's a lemon-asil...im going to further cross it with my blacks(brownredxhatch cross)

  17. #17
    Senior Member Nortacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    baseline
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    Quote Originally Posted by expressdelivery
    as much as possible
    i avoid using oriental grade hen
    usually mababagal ang mga kilos
    ng mga lumalabas na anak

    using fast cutting high breaking american hen
    bred to fast moving good cutting steel game oriental grade cock
    usually give better results sa mga cross na anak
    just sharing my experience in breeding them

    ewan ko sa iba
    sir express, this is regarding your reply to my thread on the parawakan crosses, now i know why the ones i culled were slow as i decided to breed them to the hen side.. actually the broodcock, original parawakan is a 5x endurance fight winner in bacolod which my cousin used to breed.. i only asked for the original hen(sister) from him... yun po siguro reason kung bakit mabagal yung mga F1 ko noon, im now planning a breeding program for them and this time use bates grey broodcock from larry carter over the parawakan... ang pangit siguro ng itsura nun pero san matindi pumalo.. hehehe.. regards po syo!!!

    norman

  18. #18
    3BCA Ariel R. Blanco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Manila, Bicol
    Posts
    2,593
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nortacs
    hello sirs, it's been a long time since i've replied to you all, i've tested the grades in sprring but to no avail, they were all dunghills, too slow and too big, they're not multiple shufflers as what we expected.. so we hae to cull them... the F1 hen i've kept to breed with a lemon this tine.. hehehehe... what do you think?
    For me you dont need Lemon and roundhead to cross with Asil's. Roundhead have already asil infusion, di mo na din kailangan ng lemon dahil maingat na din maglaro at matalino ang asil.

    Ang kailangan mo ay Bumilis ang kilos ng palahi mo na asil's, sa tingin ko po Sweater or YLH ang kailangan nyo infuse sa asils mo. Kunin nyo po 1/2 grade asil pullets mo un gamitin mo over american fowls broodcock.

    Idea ko lang po yan.

    Thank you.
    ASILs & BLACKs D' SWEATER TERMINATOR! BELIEVE IT OR NOT!

    SAGRADA GAMEFARM- Pili, Camarines Sur

    Bicol Gamefowl Breeder's Association (BIGBA)
    Bicol Backyard Breeders & Cockers Association (3BCA)

  19. #19
    Senior Member Nortacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    baseline
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    I have to bump this up, I started this thread and somehow it got lost.. the experiment still goes on... ive crossed my asils to a brownredhatch at 1/8 grade.. theyre still slow and ive scored miserably when I fought them as bullstags in a 3 cock-bullstag combo derby, they manage to hit the opponent on the first 2 buckles but they were not fatal.. in the end, they lost in the drag.. losing to multiple shuffler birds... but I hack fights, the crosses performed well, winning 3 of 5 fights and were at at least 2 years old. Seems that ive hit a road block, and don't know how to proceed...ive culled all the grades except one pullet that in my opinion deserved a 2nd chance. any inputs?

  20. #20
    Senior Member elmer s jucutan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    pampanga
    Posts
    1,057
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nortacs View Post
    what can you say about this bro, i have a stag derby winner na lemon sweater kelso cross, i was thinking of crossing it to an asil, or a parawakan.. will this work or will they be dunghills?
    thanks for the comments..
    bro,

    ako ay palaging gumagawa nang graded na joloanon. subok ko na ang lemon x jolo at nananalo sila at 50/50. Naranasan ko na din na i-cut down ang jolo blood hanggang 1/16 at nananalo pa din sila. Ang kailangan mo lang ay mainam na selection. Ang payo nang mga kano at ibang breeders na pinoy ay dapat ang broodcock ang oriental o asil at texas or american type ang mga inahen.

    Pero sa akin, di ako naniniwala dito, mas gusto ay asil or oriental ang inahen, pangit ang mga anak pero mahuhusay at mainam ang timing.

    Ang salitang 'dunghill' ay tumutukoy sa mga manok na mahina ang loob at mabilis tumakbo kapag nasugat sa laban, ang solusyon mo sa ganito ay mahigpit na selection at 'pit' testing.

    sana ay makatulong.

    elmer s jucutan

  21. #21
    Member ajbulabog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Banda Rito
    Posts
    354
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    Quote Originally Posted by elmer s jucutan View Post
    bro,

    ako ay palaging gumagawa nang graded na joloanon. subok ko na ang lemon x jolo at nananalo sila at 50/50. Naranasan ko na din na i-cut down ang jolo blood hanggang 1/16 at nananalo pa din sila. Ang kailangan mo lang ay mainam na selection. Ang payo nang mga kano at ibang breeders na pinoy ay dapat ang broodcock ang oriental o asil at texas or american type ang mga inahen.

    Pero sa akin, di ako naniniwala dito, mas gusto ay asil or oriental ang inahen, pangit ang mga anak pero mahuhusay at mainam ang timing.

    Ang salitang 'dunghill' ay tumutukoy sa mga manok na mahina ang loob at mabilis tumakbo kapag nasugat sa laban, ang solusyon mo sa ganito ay mahigpit na selection at 'pit' testing.

    sana ay makatulong.

    elmer s jucutan

    salamat sa input sir elmer...ganito rin ang ginawa ko...sweater ang bc at asil ang bh...sana mag nick sa 50/50...pero medyo matagal pa bago ko malaman since 1.5mos pa lang sila...kuha ng mga lalaki ang itsura at kulay ng inahen...ang nakuha lang sa bc ang puti sa pakpak.

  22. #22
    Senior Member Nortacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    baseline
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    salamat sa inputs mga sirs, yung 1/8 asil7/8mcrea hen ko ay sa isang speed fowl ko e-cross, yung joloanon ay parawakan din di po ba? dami nyan sa carbon market sa Cebu.. hehe

  23. #23
    Member Atty.M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    Golden rule in asil grades... if you are winning at 50/50 then you can continue your asil grade breeding.

  24. #24
    Senior Member Nortacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    baseline
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    then how do you maintain that 50/50 sir?

  25. #25
    Member Atty.M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    I mean if you crossed your stag to an asil hen and you are able to produce good fowls with high winning percentage then it is safe to breed back the daughter (50% lemon sweater kelso and 50% asil) to her father.
    Kung pumasa nga sa 50/50 mas lalo papasa ang asil grade na lahi sa 3/4 1/4.

  26. #26
    Senior Member rolando329's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Barcelona,Spain
    Posts
    1,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    Kasabong Nortacs,ito ang nasubukan ko na...1/2Black Bonanza x 1/2Kelso(2x winner--BC)cross ko siya sa Parawakan,ang naging anak nila ay naging winners at yong isa ay 4x winner sa 4cocks derby,hanggang sa ngayon ay maganda parin ang records nila.
    ito yong 4x winner ko na Black Bonanza x Kelso x Parawakan(R.I.P) na siya ngayon sa huling laban niya 4cocks derby sa isabela last may 2012.ang magandang ala-ala ko sa kanya ay noong 2nd win siya sa isabela noong tinalo niya yong manok ng WSD champion last yr.of may lamang.
    ito 4cocks derby sa dagupan city @left side,ako yong nagbitaw dyan.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N10UA2c8dk4"](12) ^^,,nice one native haha,,^^ - YouTube[/ame]
    ito naman yong last fight niya 4cocks derby sa isabela,dito na sya namatay dahil pilay agad sa 1st buckel pero panalo parin siya.May 2012-@right side.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rwqiR7U9ZY"]CIMG1681Casagame farm-Casanicolasan,Rosales,Pangasinan - YouTube[/ame]

  27. #27
    Senior Member Nortacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    baseline
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    ang galling naman nila sir lando! hehe.. dapat pala speed type yung cross, hindi lemon.. parang mas masyadong mailag yun pag lemon yung cross sa oriental, so speed fowl like your black bonanza sir... balik na tayo sa drawing board ika nga. this season, yung natirang asil grade ko, cross ko sa speed type na lahi. at ang rueda na ang humusga! hehe
    @ tama ka atty.m...yung pag maintain nga lang ng % ng asil ang challenging.

  28. #28
    Senior Member rolando329's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Barcelona,Spain
    Posts
    1,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nortacs View Post
    ang galling naman nila sir lando! hehe.. dapat pala speed type yung cross, hindi lemon.. parang mas masyadong mailag yun pag lemon yung cross sa oriental, so speed fowl like your black bonanza sir... balik na tayo sa drawing board ika nga. this season, yung natirang asil grade ko, cross ko sa speed type na lahi. at ang rueda na ang humusga! hehe
    @ tama ka atty.m...yung pag maintain nga lang ng % ng asil ang challenging.
    Sir Nortacs,medyo suerte naman yong 1st cross ko sa BH Parawakan ko,early maturing pa sila,yong 4x winner ko na Parawakan cross ay naipalahi pa namin bago nailaban sa 4cocks derby at doon na sya namatay.
    ito yong anak niya,bali 1/4Parawakan na siya,cross sa Doc Robinson x Albany.
    Sparring niya @7months old.dark red siya.Naging mabilis na sa 1/4grade

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2IubNqMv6c"](23) Rolando Carino7 - YouTube[/ame]
    Picture niya.

    Ito ang sparring nilang magkapatid noong cockerrels pa lamang sila.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4tlM2KICto"]yan ang laban.. - YouTube[/ame]
    Enjoy watching!!!

  29. #29
    Senior Member Nortacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    baseline
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    wow! galling naman!! hahaha... sana maka gawa ako ng ganito... hopefully next season may palabas na rin ako, pero this time pure speed fowls na talaga. salamat sa video sir!

  30. #30
    Senior Member rolando329's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Barcelona,Spain
    Posts
    1,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: lemon x sweater x asil (parawakan)

    Quote Originally Posted by Nortacs View Post
    wow! galling naman!! hahaha... sana maka gawa ako ng ganito... hopefully next season may palabas na rin ako, pero this time pure speed fowls na talaga. salamat sa video sir!
    Salamat din kasabong Nortacs sa complements....goodluck din sa iyong breeding at sanay makapagpalabas ka rin ng mahusay mong crosses.
    sa ngayon ay gusto ko rin silang paramihin ang mga lahi nila,mayroon akong bagong BC Joloano di ko alam kong matatawag na parawakan din ito,balak kong single mate sa original na Parawakan BH ko.maganda kasi silang i-cross sa mga Black Bonanza x Kelso w/c is my base blood and my winning lines too.

Similar Threads

  1. 1/4 Asil x 3/4 Joe Sanford Sweater
    By pogibots in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: October 23rd, 2009, 07:23 PM
  2. Asil Vs Parawakan
    By Ariel R. Blanco in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: September 11th, 2008, 02:40 PM
  3. who tried already sweater x asil cross?
    By rloinm33 in forum Usapang Manok
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 13th, 2006, 09:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •