Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats The Difference Between A Pilipino Breeder And An American Breeder

Post Thanks / Like

Whats The Difference Between A Pilipino Breeder And An American Breeder

WEVE BEEN IN THE COCKFIGHTING FOR QUITE AWHILE - WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THOSE 2 BREEDERS....:hippie:IN TERMS OF STYLE OF BREEDING /APPROACHES.

Post Thanks / Like
    Come'on Bud.... that's simple... One is Filipino and the other one is American. And both are in the breeding business.

miniong
    :lol:

ricko
    thats easy.... their races

Post Thanks / Like

Difference

Most Filipinos have too many bloodlines in their farms while most Americans stick to a few families and make them better.I could be wrong.Just an opinion.

Post Thanks / Like
    America breeder speaks english but the Filipino breeder speaks tagalor or there language and english. So, Filipino got the advantage. hehehe!

Post Thanks / Like
    lanipao is right, mostly of the american breeder breed and maintain 2 to 3 bloodline but filipinos but not all, grabs what ever there money can buy. Which is not a problem if you have the luxury of acquiring them.

Post Thanks / Like
    lanipao and EXODIA

I don't personally know any American Breeder but I know a lot of them ADVERTISE their multiple breeds/bloodlines in their farm and not to mention their different kinds of ASILS, and even CUBANS .:lol:

ricko
    :hat:

johndinosicat

hhmmmnnn......

...they dont sell their aces or golden hens to just anybody,or they always want bulk of bucks for it.
    one thing in common,they both stict to this rule.:lol:

Post Thanks / Like

Ralsubird

Do you know why, now a days they carry different blooline compare 20 years ago? It is the influuence of the filipino and mexican. They are looking for different blood. Since they are in commercial business they have to please every body that need a different bloodline. Like Us filipinos. If you are in breeding business, I will breed all the bloodline that people wants like roundhead, sweater,whitehackle lemon or what ever bloodline they want. Its all about business. But how many american breeder than has 3 blood that you know that use there chicken personal? A few! If you look at the old magazines since that's the only source you got you will see 2 or 3 bloodline for sale or probly you will only see one bloodline.

Take notes sir, I stated mostly. I did not say all. Same thing with the Filipinos. some breeds more than 3 lines some have 3 or less.

Post Thanks / Like
    "I don't know any of them personally, but I know a lot of them".
    They raise different breed because they have different kinds of weapons here and they think (whether it's true or not) that each or some breeds are well suited to each particular weapon. However, for commercial purposes, as you said "they want to please everybody". And that's why they keep a number of stocks. Think about why many of them infuse the asil blood at any desired grade....that has somthing to do with a particular weapon too......more.

ricko

Post Thanks / Like
    Like what I've said, because of the influence of filipino and mexican. Before LK and SK landed in US land mostly of the breeder breeds 2 or 3 lines. If one don't do good they take them all out acquired new stock. Since we have LK, SK and Gaff in US and some of them whats to fight in Every event and probably thats what make them breed morethan 3, believing that they need different blood in every weapon.

Post Thanks / Like

Here ya go...

I was schooled by one: American breeder focused on gameness, agrresive style of fighting, will breed and maintain 3 or the most 4 lines, like to infuse another line to get better, will only use the best broodstock for breeding, will not give their best stocks unless he's a close friend, they have too many secrets in regards to cocking and if he tells you one... listen, will not use someone else broodcock unless he knows the bloodline whether he's a winner and the rest are secrets.... while Filipinos will have so many bloodlines, will always consider someones winner a good broocock, will prefer a high flying birds at all times than gameness, they like pretty good looking birds, spars birds all the time even a young stags, and they come and buy American breeds... All breeders in the Philippines comes here in the states to get their broodstocks. Most of the people that do good in the big derbies buys cocks here in the state and let them moults there for a year and fight them in big derbies. If we all analyze this.... why does American breeds are better than Filipinos? AHA! Just my one cent... I might be wrong brothers.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whats The Difference Between A Pilipino Breeder And An American Breeder

In my very own personal observations, the big differences of the American from Filipino breeders, is obviously the nose..

LOL

He, he....ok let's get serious.

Hhhmmn...maybe, its the way they make their fighting cock. Coz until now we are still curious if they really have some "more secrets" in how they breed their fighting chickens especially in producing and maintaining pures. But I think American breeders are now also starting to get curious of how we breed and make our own fighting chickens.

Post Thanks / Like
    The American have upper hand, most especially with thier brood-
    fowl, Duke Hulsey, Johnny Jumper, Carol NeSmith, Bruce Barnett
    and others, I myself send home some of thier materials for
    breeding, but when it comes to conditioning and fighting, like in
    WSC, Filipino breeder are more better, the record speak for
    itself... only my opinion... cheers...

Yfis...

El Espaņol
    The American rolls up his t-shirt and rubs his belly full of potatos and the Filipino rolls up his t-shirt and rubs his belly full of rice after both have eaten......

No, but seriously....What is the difference? Well, having only been associated with Filipino cocking for a short time, I have read recent accounts where the TEXAS made its severe impact on Filipino cocking only a scant 3 to 4 decades ago, (apart from from Spanish fowl imported over the years from Filipinos and Spanish, both from Mexico and Iberia) and that it has only been around 25 years or so (maybe less, I am not an expert) that the Filipinos have been able to obtain really super fowl at laymans' prices. So, I guess that maybe the difference is that some American families and friends have had some superior fowl for 4-6 generations and the Filipino community maybe 2-3? Just taking a stab in the dark here but that is what I see............

As far as breeding styles, I see many more 3 and 4 and 5 way battle crosses in the Philippines than I have ever seen anyplace else in the world. I also see a very educated bunch of cockers in the Philippines that adopt new ideas quickly and don't leave much to chance. There probably really isnt much of a difference in the actual breeding styles though!

I like all your inputs. Good reading thread here.

Regards,

Post Thanks / Like

difference

most AMRERICANS BREEDS PURE...( i think its only KELSO who outlaws his chicken) hehehehe..

most FILIPINOS BREEDS CROSSES....

why? because filipinos fights to win...while american fights to test their breeds...

american are the producer..filipinos are the consumer...

american breeds pure for the filipinos to crossed

KAILANGAN PA BANG I MEMORIZE YAN? joke...

jmoho...

Post Thanks / Like
    Some I mean SOME for sure American breeders buys chickens

from small time breeders for less and RESELL it as their own

produce . I know because a BIG BIGtime breeder wanted to

buy stags from the small time breeder where I get my chickens,

The Bigtime breeder wanted to buy them CHEAP..

SO GUYS BEWARE MAKE SURE YOU ARE GETTING THE RIGHT STUFF!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    americans breed for gameness,the rest comes afterwards.

filipino just breeds,and breeds, the rest comes afterwards.

spitfire_ace
    Hotspur,

You really hit the nail on the head...You might tell 'em how the Irish or the English maintain their OEGs of England, without any outside blood infusions, that are still game as ever... even cockfighting in the whole British Isles was banned since 1849...by Queen Victoria...

Post Thanks / Like
    I Would Say Like Other's have Said,Alot of filipino Breeders Breed Crosses to Crosses,In an Honest Attempt to Breed the Ultimate Gamefowl,While MOST (And i Say Most Here,Because ive Seen a Few People From the US Advertise Nearly Every Breed Known to Man) American breeders Focus on Maintaining a Few "PURE" Families,And Cross the Pure Families to Each other For Hybrid Vigor,But American breeders do not Indulge in Breeding Crosses to Crosses,Dont get me Wrong the Philipines Have as High Quality Cocking Scene as ANywhere in the World,But With Breeding Mainly Crosses Year After Year,what Would Happen if With All the Laws In America Prohibited Us From SHipping Period? What Would Happen to the "Pure" Fowl in the Phillipines?,I Hope to God this Never Happens,As i Would Much Like to Bring some of My Ole Grey fowl to the Philipines and See how they Fair in Such Competition,And In Time if Permited Have a Contract with a Breeder,from the Philipines,Or Maybe a Partner.....

Oplod
    What is the difference between the American Breeders and the Filipino Breeders?

1) The American Breeders are Purest while the Filipino Breeders are "Mixed up" (mahilig sa Halo-halo).

2) American Breeders use line breeding and in-breeding carefully to produce GAMENESS while Filipino Breeders use Cross breeding intensively to produce STYLE OF FIGHTING.

3) American breeder will choose 10 out of a hundred roosters filipino will choose 30 out of a thousand in the cord.

Americans might be better than a Filipino breeder but I would bet in favor of Filipino not because I am a Filipino but because Filipino are better handler/conditioner and "taga tari" (gaffer) than the counter part.

-Oplod-

dogmancarter

Location and law

They are on either side of the world and cocking is legal in the phils but illegal in the us

Post Thanks / Like

A1farms

american is original breeders...and pilipino breeders is imitators......but pilipino is good imitators, they make good way crosses.........

Post Thanks / Like

OPLOD

I have to disagree with you.

Philipinos are purests & Americans are crosses.

You are Philipino & I am a 3 or 4 way cross, :lol:

Also I agree with Jon, My Fhilipino friend in HI eats rice & I eat potatoes & I am built like an Asil & he, like a Sweater so I think that he will out break me the first fly or two.

No, you are probably right.

Oplod
    Jim,

you have all the rights to your opinion...and if that's the case then---I am a good breeder and you are a better fighter. Let me have all the Babes while You may take all the trouble.

-Oplod-

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, right again. Most 4 way crosses end up with all the trouble & those darn pure ones get the babes,:lol:

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one guys...................wish I'm pure too....................... :lol: